[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

9 hours ago, FirstMoon said:

One question, can I switch between dots and numbers on the players' screen, is it still not possible on the staff screen?

It would make sense, wouldn't it!

I'll get that into the next update.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Player and Player AI screens is an awesome idea 

Edit: been away a few months so just diving back in, and seeing what you guys have been up to is amazing.  The classes xmls created are superb, the amount of work under the hood.. oh my word. 

On 15/05/2023 at 19:20, wkdsoul said:

Edit: been away a few months so just diving back in, and seeing what you guys have been up to is amazing.  The classes xmls created are superb, the amount of work under the hood.. oh my word. 

Thanks! So much. It's been a real labour of love but I've learnt a lot!

2 hours ago, NadhirFM23 said:

Hi guys, how can I change the attributes from dots to numbers ? 

Thank you!

You can't. Simple answer.

More complex answer is find this selector on the player profile:

97c6736a09ecdb377876651cfe213de6.png

Even more complex answer is look through the thread and find the instructions to change person properties.xml and change everything back that way.

On 15/05/2023 at 19:20, wkdsoul said:

Was saying to @GIMN, i'm 23 but have like 8 years skinning experience. I look at what people are doing and just think i'm too old for this .. 

6 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Was saying to @GIMN, i'm 23 but have like 8 years skinning experience. I look at what people are doing and just think i'm too old for this .. 

at 23!?!??  GTFO! :)

22 hours ago, yahya.duceysane said:

@_Ben_ Think I found another bug in the comparison page on the right hand side (physial attributes) just shows one player attributes.

Reveal hidden contents

I really love this skin so much, hope you don't mind me finding bugs :lol:

Comparison.png

What resolution and zoom are you on? Works fine for me but I'll just check what happens with others...

24 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ amazing work, absolutely love this!!! is there a way to show the relevant attribute colour of core skills? or is it only meant to be a green star if they match a certain threshold?

The core skills only show if they are 14 or over. I can talk you through how to change that if you want - it's not changeable within the game, which I admit can be annoying if you're not playing at a high level.

In terms of relevant attributes (as I'm not sure your questions means this or the actual core skills), I have now built this:

c5143296eb3951fb977e4f11b228e887.gif

Breaks their attributes down into what is key for that area and adds some scatter graphs, once in the season.

@_Ben_ sorry, I meant in terms of the selectable 4 core skills we can choose on the attribute page... would you be able to show me how to change it please?

just an FYI, I have noticed this on the player pop-up.

image.thumb.png.add6e18902c60682eda182263446665e.png

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

The core skills only show if they are 14 or over. I can talk you through how to change that if you want - it's not changeable within the game, which I admit can be annoying if you're not playing at a high level.

In terms of relevant attributes (as I'm not sure your questions means this or the actual core skills), I have now built this:

c5143296eb3951fb977e4f11b228e887.gif

Breaks their attributes down into what is key for that area and adds some scatter graphs, once in the season.

Edited by SAMiles

@_Ben_ Oh nvm. I play on laptop 1366 x 768 which I personally zoom out to bypass high resolution skins by editing this file "ui_zoom_level.xml" in this location C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences\version 1

I don't know if it's possible if you can fix this comparison page for lower end resolution. Would really appreciate it. Thanks

1 hour ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ sorry, I meant in terms of the selectable 4 core skills we can choose on the attribute page... would you be able to show me how to change it please?

just an FYI, I have noticed this on the player pop-up.

image.thumb.png.add6e18902c60682eda182263446665e.png

Yes. Both of those are ‘by design’ in that there is a small ‘cog’ icon that can be used to change them but it’s purposely a similar colour to the background. My newest update will fix this as I’ve found a preferred method. 

1 hour ago, yahya.duceysane said:

@_Ben_ Oh nvm. I play on laptop 1366 x 768 which I personally zoom out to bypass high resolution skins by editing this file "ui_zoom_level.xml" in this location C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences\version 1

I don't know if it's possible if you can fix this comparison page for lower end resolution. Would really appreciate it. Thanks

It has been designed to fit. On a lower res, it should take up the whole screen but I will check. 

25 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ I've noticed that on the staff overview panels that the "excellent" attributes are greyed out as well

image.thumb.png.759798dd28dceff98f8dfbd23e489bb3.png

Have you restarted the game after moving skin? You should not be able to see any attribute numbers but I believe that is caused by the game still using the person properties.xml from your previous skin. Restarting the game will mean it’s built from ‘my’ version of that file. 

Please let me know if you still have this issue once you’ve done that. 

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v3.4 - Updated 22.05.23

This skin is something else, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. I’m using it even though some of the sceeens aren’t working properly on my laptop. Working is probably the wrong word for it. The dimensions just seem off with my 1920x1080 and 85%. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t really care for now. 

Great work. 

8 minutes ago, Lasson said:

This skin is something else, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. I’m using it even though some of the sceeens aren’t working properly on my laptop. Working is probably the wrong word for it. The dimensions just seem off with my 1920x1080 and 85%. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t really care for now. 

Great work. 

Do you have Windows Zoom/Scale settings above 100%? ("Ease of Access" for Windows 10, "Scale & Layout" for Windows 11).

2 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Do you have Windows Zoom/Scale settings above 100%? ("Ease of Access" for Windows 10, "Scale & Layout" for Windows 11).

I’ll have to check that tomorrow. If that’s it, big thanks to you!

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Statman v3.4 is out now!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ebiilb78gbr42x4/Statman+v3.4.rar/file

Biggest change is to the makeup of the player profile but lots of other work done elsewhere. As always - I appreciate any feedback or bug reporting!

af86b50a3ebc40ea21ef80411523a9c3.png

cf81c497a0c71f047feab1ec420576f3.png

d936d00f602f7d1a2e656cafed820859.png

e8e5f704393b9532db04df172bb9148b.png

If I could offer one suggestion is for any side arrows that navigate from one screen/panel to the next, if they could just rotate back to first, so it's an endless loop so I don't have to move my mouse to the other side of the panel to get to the original screen.
Examples:

Current: Biography->Career Statistics and then move my mouse to the other side of the panel and click on the small arrow to get back to Biography
Ask: Biography - > Career Statistics -> Biography -> Career Statistics... endless loop

Current: Core Skills and Attributes -> Attribute Analysis and then move my mouse to the other side of the panel and click on the small arrow to get back to Core Skills and Attributes
Ask: Core Skills and Attributes -> Attribute Analysis -> Core Skills and Attributes -> Attribute Analysis... endless loop between panels.

That will mean that the mouse over the arrow would need to modified per panel/screen to show what is next.

Thank you.

@_Ben_ looks amazing once again (really hope you can do this again for FM24)... I've tried to install the latest version but the player profile screen hasn't changed for me, I've tried using it whilst in game and have tried exiting FM and reloading with the latest version yet it still isn't working... any tips?

Edited by SAMiles

1 hour ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ looks amazing once again (really hope you can do this again for FM24)... I've tried to install the latest version but the player profile screen hasn't changed for me, I've tried using it whilst in game and have tried exiting FM and reloading with the latest version yet it still isn't working... any tips?

Please can you show me what you can see on the player profile? Have you deleted the old version and replaced with v3.4?

7 hours ago, SunDevil said:

If I could offer one suggestion is for any side arrows that navigate from one screen/panel to the next, if they could just rotate back to first, so it's an endless loop so I don't have to move my mouse to the other side of the panel to get to the original screen.
Examples:

Current: Biography->Career Statistics and then move my mouse to the other side of the panel and click on the small arrow to get back to Biography
Ask: Biography - > Career Statistics -> Biography -> Career Statistics... endless loop

Current: Core Skills and Attributes -> Attribute Analysis and then move my mouse to the other side of the panel and click on the small arrow to get back to Core Skills and Attributes
Ask: Core Skills and Attributes -> Attribute Analysis -> Core Skills and Attributes -> Attribute Analysis... endless loop between panels.

That will mean that the mouse over the arrow would need to modified per panel/screen to show what is next.

Thank you.

It's something I've considered and actually want to do but need to learn how to do it! It'll be with the button configuration that clicking the right button shows the next panel and then shows the next button that will move to the first panel. In my planning, I've called it a carousel and I'll look to see how I can implement in for future releases.

Thanks for the feedback!

13 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Statman v3.4 is out now!

Biggest change is to the makeup of the player profile but lots of other work done elsewhere. As always - I appreciate any feedback or bug reporting!

af86b50a3ebc40ea21ef80411523a9c3.png

cf81c497a0c71f047feab1ec420576f3.png

d936d00f602f7d1a2e656cafed820859.png

e8e5f704393b9532db04df172bb9148b.png

Love the new panels and what you're able to make is just magic

had to take a closer look myself and thought of something like this

Ben.png.d48f7292fcd4a843fcb24bbccfe6f0ab.png

Using your own Season stats and all

But was wondering if you might have an idea to whether it would be possible to have the stats being remembered seperately per player or it only would work as the same for all?

i might just have been tired.

10 hours ago, snowofman said:

Using your own Season stats and all

But was wondering if you might have an idea to whether it would be possible to have the stats being remembered seperately per player or it only would work as the same for all?

i might just have been tired.

Not something I'd use, personally, as I can use the FBREF themed stats bar above it, which is position-ish specific but certainly a nice idea!

On 22/05/2023 at 20:44, _Ben_ said:

Statman v3.4 is out now!

it looks very nice but segundo volante(attack) and ball winning midfielder(defend) are two very different defensive midfielders but the set of skills important to them is displayed as the same, base skin is much more informative in this regard. so there is still room for improvement
_2023-05-23_22-25-40.png.e6471d252bd573129175fcf24b085d40.png

49 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

it looks very nice but segundo volante(attack) and ball winning midfielder(defend) are two very different defensive midfielders but the set of skills important to them is displayed as the same, base skin is much more informative in this regard. so there is still room for improvement
_2023-05-23_22-25-40.png.e6471d252bd573129175fcf24b085d40.png

So, rather than sit and criticise - whether intended or not, it comes across that way - maybe offer some thought in what you’d do differently?

On 22/05/2023 at 23:00, GIMN said:

I checked and it as at 125%. I reduced it to 100% and that seemed to do the trick. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Or maybe have an option to select the role and then it changes attributes according to the role? So you can customize it per player.

Yes it was what i was thinking at with the tab system as i don't believe we can custom make "select boxes"

but reading my post i can see it was only hinted between the lines and not clear.

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

@_Ben_

Could a tab system be used for each Role on each position?

I admit i havnt given the thought much time, but just wanna throw it out there anyway

benown.png.f7e824959a7d4da9578d6880600d0d70.png

1 hour ago, -Jef- said:

Or maybe have an option to select the role and then it changes attributes according to the role? So you can customize it per player.

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Yes it was what i was thinking at with the tab system as i don't believe we can custom make "select boxes"

but reading my post i can see it was only hinted between the lines and not clear.

Thanks both.

I had thought about that but then there are over 20 different roles in the game and I wanted to try and keep this to that set amount of attributes. Plus, I'm really enjoying using buttons rather than tabs so would have to make 20 odd icons to satisfy all of this. I know there's an issue but I don't quite know the best way to solve it, yet!

Just now, _Ben_ said:

Let me know what you think and what issues you find!!

Diving into this and GIMN;s at the same time, already up to my ears in new classes xmls.. 

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks both.

I had thought about that but then there are over 20 different roles in the game and I wanted to try and keep this to that set amount of attributes. Plus, I'm really enjoying using buttons rather than tabs so would have to make 20 odd icons to satisfy all of this. I know there's an issue but I don't quite know the best way to solve it, yet!

Maybe as a first pass, it could be drop down for the roles, so you can still see the differences?  And maybe the drop down would have the only the roles that a player has position for, so a CB would not have winger roles in the drop down.

@_Ben_

On 23/05/2023 at 06:48, _Ben_ said:

Please can you show me what you can see on the player profile? Have you deleted the old version and replaced with v3.4?

It's something I've considered and actually want to do but need to learn how to do it! It'll be with the button configuration that clicking the right button shows the next panel and then shows the next button that will move to the first panel. In my planning, I've called it a carousel and I'll look to see how I can implement in for future releases.

Thanks for the feedback!

sorry for the delayed response... worked 36 hours in 3 shifts... I can only see the old player profile screen

image.thumb.png.454cea90c07e194de27565c12408fac0.png

18 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Maybe as a first pass, it could be drop down for the roles, so you can still see the differences?  And maybe the drop down would have the only the roles that a player has position for, so a CB would not have winger roles in the drop down.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but, even then, I’d still need to replicate that for each position on the pitch and for the six to eight roles per position. It’s on my list to revisit!

16 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

If only there was a way around the absolutely awful way performance stats for every player just disappear forever at the end of each season!!! It makes scouting / playing based on them (which is easily the most realistic approach) a mammoth pain in the arse.

I’ve spent hours building stuff in Excel to do this! I’m guessing it’s just to reduce game size. 

9 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_

sorry for the delayed response... worked 36 hours in 3 shifts... I can only see the old player profile screen

image.thumb.png.454cea90c07e194de27565c12408fac0.png

How odd. Can you just delete everything Statman related, change the skin, re-download and try again please?

I was going to suggest drop downs that hide/show buttons depending on what's selected. On the plus there's some similarities with roles so some of it could be copy and pasted (I'd assume as your works waaay above my understanding)

I'd love to see your spreadsheets should you ever release. Have one I use myself for re training and comparing players it's just not the prettiest 🙈

3 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

I noticed a misspelling for a panel and the corresponding section meta data:

image.png.c1a541a03849a4cb50fe11961faeda32.png

The word attribute is spelled wrong.  Just FYI

That's how the file has been titled by SI.  It winds me up everytime I see it.

17 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ I'm still having the same issue... I've even tried deleting all other skins i had installed and it still isn't working

As long as you've cleared the cache, reloaded the skin and gone through all of those in-game changes, I do not know. Sorry. I can confirm it works, as intended, for me and have had no other reports of issues, so have to suggest that it's your end.

Hi, just wondering if its possible for me to change the colours of the player rating back to green over 7.0 and red below 6.0? I just find its easier to see visually like that, not sure if theres a specific file that i need to adjust it on?  Thanks :)