The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

7 minutes ago, Dr Pepper Man said:

Need some advice. Im currently 2nd in my 3rd season with Basford and with 6 games to go can still win promotion. I think if i do get promoted this season i will be immediately relegated. im considering throwing the end of the season and just being ready for a promotion charge next season. what would everyone else say in this situation?

Always take the promotion imo. It will be better for your players development. Chances are you will have a better team at the end of next season than at the start.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Dr Pepper Man said:

Need some advice. Im currently 2nd in my 3rd season with Basford and with 6 games to go can still win promotion. I think if i do get promoted this season i will be immediately relegated. im considering throwing the end of the season and just being ready for a promotion charge next season. what would everyone else say in this situation?

Always get promoted. More reputation will give better youngster long term (not much, but all small things help). If you can go up now, you are good enough to go up again if you get relegated anyway.

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

Always get promoted. More reputation will give better youngster long term (not much, but all small things help). If you can go up now, you are good enough to go up again if you get relegated anyway.

Thanks for the advice i think ill try get promotion and see how i go. im just worried id get sacked if i get relegated

10 minutes ago, Riebow said:

Always take the promotion imo. It will be better for your players development. Chances are you will have a better team at the end of next season than at the start.

Thanks for the advice i think ill try get promotion and see how i go. im just worried id get sacked if i get relegated

4 hours ago, leyrtj said:

Magesi F.C. - Wikipedia

Magesi FC - Season 11 - 2030/31 - South Africa - 1st - CAF Champions League Winners

We won the Champions League. Challenge complete!

Having won the league last year, our almost sole priority was the Champions League. We sold our 3rd best striker over the summer for 400k. Then we promoted Jamie Wood to starting striker, and Khune (37 goals in all competition the season before) to backup. We managed to get Jamie Wood on a new 3 + 3 contract, with the top clubs in England circling. Then, disaster, both Wood and Khune get long term injuries, Wood with a broken foot and Khune with a fractured lower leg, and both out until Xmas. We had no back up except Banda, a 17 year old 1.5 star striker, who would now be the starting striker. The goal was to stay near the top of the league and get through to the group stage of the Champions League. Then Xmas and both strikers would be back.

Champions League - Winners

Luckily the Preliminary and 2st round draws were kind to us and we progressed to the group stage easily. We drew a relatively easy group and finished top ahead of Coton Sport, Generation Foot and Hearts of Oak. Coming up to the quarter final draw the only team I was worried about were Mamelodi Sundowns who'd we been fighting in the league for the last two seasons, and were currently top of the league. And of course we drew them in the quarter finals. By the time the quarter finals came along in April, the Sundowns had hit some awful form. A loss to me 3 - 0 (lucky on our part) in February saw them lose 8 of the next 13 games before facing us. It ended up being relatively straight forward in the end. We were losing the first leg 2 - 1 away and I was not unhappy with the result. Then we scored two late goals and easily won the return leg 3 - 0.  We then faced a decent Wydad Casablanca team in the semi-finals. It was a very tight first leg at home, and we were 1 - 0 after 60 mins. Then we scored 5 in the last 30 minutes after they had a man sent off and won the return leg 3 - 1 to book a spot in the final against ES Tunis. We were easily the better team and had 20 unanswered shots before finally scoring in the 60th minute. FM still made us wait though as they equalized on the counter with their first shot on goal in the 75th minute. Then in the 78th minute our left winger, Daclen Matuba, scored the winner. We'd done it.

Absa Premiership - 1st

Going into the Xmas break we were second behind the Sundowns, which I was happy with. We didn't need to win the league, but Champions League places only go to the top two teams, so we needed a top 2 place in case we didn't win the Champions League this season. The January transfer window was a struggle with a number of big bids from Saudi Arabia, China and England. We eventually had to turn down a crazy 2.2m bid for Khune as Man Utd were chasing Jamie Wood pretty aggressively. On deadline day they bid as high as 12m, and I was just waiting for the Board message of "too good to refuse". But it never happened to their credit. Jamie Wood then came back from injury and despite not scoring in the first few games, scored a goal a game for the rest of the season. Despite a couple of losses, the Sundowns' meltdown meant we won the league with a couple of games to spare.

Squad update

A really nice youth intake with two top wingers and a nice defender. I'll do a more in-depth breakdown in a future post, but the squad was basically the same as the season before with the addition of Jamie Wood. After coming back from injury Jamie Wood improved significantly from 3 to 5 stars and was rated the best player in the league after just 6 weeks of games. In the two years he's been here, he didn't play the first year due to work permit issues, and in the second season he missed 4 months due to injury. So his stats are a bit behind but I do think he's a future star. 

Challenge Update

It's almost with sadness that I complete the challenge. I've really fell in love with this clubs and players. There are a few really talented players, so I might actually continue for a season or two. Or I might retire and sim 5 years into the future to see what happended to everyone. I've absolutely loved this challenge and I am already addicted. My goal is to complete the challenge in every continent and I'm already thinking where to go next! South Korea or USA perhaps.

Challenge was completed on FM20. No custom databases were used. 

Win the Absa Premiership                      - COMPLETE - 2029/30 - Season 10

Win the CAF Champions League           - COMPLETE - 2030/31 - Season 11

image.thumb.png.94f33f3076097f1f18786b5dfd5b1148.png

image.thumb.png.137e5766b9b47627e8c837c6955f4fb5.png 

image.thumb.png.9c128df38026ed10009451f58610d73e.png

image.thumb.png.15bbffa5bcfba26f553329c22fed4b87.png

image.thumb.png.252ebb256e7d4cebbabbd7aa75c63632.png

-LziIo5vx4YLCp8p8cje08MObo_wgu3Wyw8zJ-58ordFCMZdUZNoWXeM4-rsartnl0Ok88aplH8D97V0ZnYIGZz-FDn5tNk59GyQs1BEMyjbMYINPkf42Zw0jyx-3wKWNlM0VP8MulWhgZBhQA7hRWU  urdo_lpjnh7FkGXqk9Q0E7jns3g4U5YJnUVa0-LGwI0fJnsFV_yzWxY1zKcPduyq7l6qbIUCXyv8ub6prVawrvfkDxEbgBKEsiks_TmwOyimShzHtcCJkAkJ84YR7hmo-rUTNlxn-RPz5hTSxVzivCw

image.thumb.png.2cdd839d2bd439b37d05b7a88c44cb73.png

Congrats. Have added you to the HoF :applause:

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dr Pepper Man:

A great season for Basford as we win the title on the final day. After a run of 15 games unbeaten we lift the trophy and will be in the National League next season.

Wonderful finish, congrats Dr Pepper! You came out of VNN very quickly and well deserved. When I look at your tactics my jaw drops, Crazyman, it’s really very attacking.

MKP Kotwica Kołobrzeg - Oficjalna strona
Kotwica Kołobrzeg - 2040/41

Squad - League - Finances - Transfers 

This time we are losing league to Legia as we lost with them in last match 0-2. Unfortunately in first match we won only 1-0 so was not enough for direct matches. Which means we got long road to CL group stage in next season. Finally could upgrade youth facilities so I hope I could do it again in new season. We won Polish Cup against Lech and Super Cup vs. Stal Mielec. We got decent run in Champions League stopped by PSG in second match. Finances are ok, we sold few players getting this season 8ml. Maybe I should ask for new stadium?
owPMwYa.png

2 Players in top 3 of NXGN 2041: Paluszek 15a and Olczak 14g which after backing from loan started to be first GK in this season. 12ml E offer was rejected by me but in contract he have fee for 13 so yeah...

QFjMD6z.png

Would said poo intake but for sure Bednarek is wonderkid but probably one and only key player for the future.

pqr38n7.png

Intake Prieview

Spoiler

Ubra046.pngPrj3hE6.pngUTN15Ka.pnglrMbnpd.png

Intake Report

Spoiler

image.png.c5bde25145ecbfb42e29cbb506a9a753.png

image.png.8c8972ea333698d653038f58b655b01a.png

Oghab_FC_Logo.png.23b8913422c73ad0e39940f81164733d.png

Oghab Tehran Season Review (24/25)

League:

Well, Iran is fun. 2nd season, 2nd promotion. We're up to the top league, which is named Persian Gulf Professional League (TIL). It appears we have a fairly decent squad, the only downside is that none of our youngsters are good enough for the senior team.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-15at10_19_57.png.53106953c3ced42ceaac04233dc29237.png

Much of the praise and glory has to be bestowed to Ehsan Rohani, who scored a whopping 40 goals in the league.

Screenshot2023-06-15at13_18_30.thumb.png.d067a85ea5a134e1783f1d4ef7e2f681.png

Cup:

We made it to the 4th round and were beaten by a top division league team.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-15at10_20_09.png.31304189b16f3e15571816c61b937412.png

Intake:

Forgot to take a screenshot of the intake, so you will have to do with some excel magic:

We have Excellent Youth Recruitment, but apparently we can barely find our way outside of Tehran. Not a great intake again, but slightly better than last year.

Screenshot2023-06-15at13_21_35.thumb.png.b64eccd5aff70319c5f196614ef9b3b5.png

Finances:

Let's hope there's some money in the top division, because my finances are horrific. 

Screenshot2023-06-15at13_22_57.thumb.png.3f1aaa1132bf4f82f1a37dc5fb1d867b.png

Upgrades:

Nothing, Nada, niente. Despite back to back promotions, we can't get even a coaching course approved. We desperately need some more income.

Next season:

We're a professional team now, so that will help with development. Let's try to stay up and have some improvements approved.

image.png.fb4272d0eaacd7de5c11a66500268ad9.png

XaW - FFC Tricolore Gasperich - Season 2024/25 (Season 2) - Division 1 Série 1

rdNcDdH.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

A much improved season for us, and now we could always have people on the bench! We still concede to many goals, but it's getting better.

The intake this season was ok, but it's hard to gauge at this level, since most players are rather poor.

Coupe de Luxembourg: We beat Berdorf-Consdorf before we lost to Mertzig in the 2nd round.

Around the world

unnLkEp.png

U19s

FB2U2Fa.png

They won the Luxembourger Under 19s Group 3 again.

Youth intake:

lV0QvVl.png

f6bqqsE.png

dvB5BxP.png

no9F89i.png

41o2Xen.png

z3CfPYr.png

Trophy cabinet

(U19s)  Luxembourger Under 19s Group 3 - 2 (2023/24, 2024/25)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Apps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	32
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	31
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	31
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	31
Liu Yuhan 24n		China		<N/A>		2024-Present	29

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Goals
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	7
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	4
Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	4
Liu Yuhan 24n		China		<N/A>		2024-Present	3
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	2

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Assists
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	7
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	5
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	2
Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	2
Steven Martino 24d	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	1

Supporters:

4x3b9bM.png

Summary:

48byCQL.png

18 hours ago, Dr Pepper Man said:

im considering throwing the end of the season and just being ready for a promotion charge next season. what would everyone else say in this situation?

always, always go for the promotion! the extra cash/experience etc might not see much but it all helps. Plus, it's such a bugger of a division to get out of you might not get as good a chance for a while!

5 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

always, always go for the promotion! the extra cash/experience etc might not see much but it all helps. Plus, it's such a bugger of a division to get out of you might not get as good a chance for a while!

I was worried id get sacked if i get relegated straight back down, i got promotion so fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, Dr Pepper Man said:

I was worried id get sacked if i get relegated straight back down, i got promotion so fingers crossed

valid worry, to be fair. I remember getting promoted to La Liga way before I was ready and getting sacked when we were inevitably bottom after 12 games or so. Hopefully at that level you'll be good though

image.thumb.png.94394cfaa174db59db360afa71265712.png

image.thumb.png.86ab427518555aa8a5754add66d25d16.png

On to another country with Poole FC in England. I tried with South Korea but there was no relegation/promotion in League 2. I also tried in China but wasn't feeling it. My family is from Poole so really wanted them. Problem is they have 12 players + 2 silver star youth, and bad facilities. This might be a challenging first season. 

18 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Congrats. Have added you to the HoF :applause:

Thanks! Really enjoying this challenge. Already started another one, but I don't think I'll keep Poole FC up. Two games a week with 12 players is brutal. 

Em 14/06/2023 em 15:17, leyrtj disse:

Magesi F.C. - Wikipedia

Magesi FC - Season 11 - 2030/31 - South Africa - 1st - CAF Champions League Winners

We won the Champions League. Challenge complete!

Having won the league last year, our almost sole priority was the Champions League. We sold our 3rd best striker over the summer for 400k. Then we promoted Jamie Wood to starting striker, and Khune (37 goals in all competition the season before) to backup. We managed to get Jamie Wood on a new 3 + 3 contract, with the top clubs in England circling. Then, disaster, both Wood and Khune get long term injuries, Wood with a broken foot and Khune with a fractured lower leg, and both out until Xmas. We had no back up except Banda, a 17 year old 1.5 star striker, who would now be the starting striker. The goal was to stay near the top of the league and get through to the group stage of the Champions League. Then Xmas and both strikers would be back.

Champions League - Winners

Luckily the Preliminary and 2st round draws were kind to us and we progressed to the group stage easily. We drew a relatively easy group and finished top ahead of Coton Sport, Generation Foot and Hearts of Oak. Coming up to the quarter final draw the only team I was worried about were Mamelodi Sundowns who'd we been fighting in the league for the last two seasons, and were currently top of the league. And of course we drew them in the quarter finals. By the time the quarter finals came along in April, the Sundowns had hit some awful form. A loss to me 3 - 0 (lucky on our part) in February saw them lose 8 of the next 13 games before facing us. It ended up being relatively straight forward in the end. We were losing the first leg 2 - 1 away and I was not unhappy with the result. Then we scored two late goals and easily won the return leg 3 - 0.  We then faced a decent Wydad Casablanca team in the semi-finals. It was a very tight first leg at home, and we were 1 - 0 after 60 mins. Then we scored 5 in the last 30 minutes after they had a man sent off and won the return leg 3 - 1 to book a spot in the final against ES Tunis. We were easily the better team and had 20 unanswered shots before finally scoring in the 60th minute. FM still made us wait though as they equalized on the counter with their first shot on goal in the 75th minute. Then in the 78th minute our left winger, Daclen Matuba, scored the winner. We'd done it.

Absa Premiership - 1st

Going into the Xmas break we were second behind the Sundowns, which I was happy with. We didn't need to win the league, but Champions League places only go to the top two teams, so we needed a top 2 place in case we didn't win the Champions League this season. The January transfer window was a struggle with a number of big bids from Saudi Arabia, China and England. We eventually had to turn down a crazy 2.2m bid for Khune as Man Utd were chasing Jamie Wood pretty aggressively. On deadline day they bid as high as 12m, and I was just waiting for the Board message of "too good to refuse". But it never happened to their credit. Jamie Wood then came back from injury and despite not scoring in the first few games, scored a goal a game for the rest of the season. Despite a couple of losses, the Sundowns' meltdown meant we won the league with a couple of games to spare.

Squad update

A really nice youth intake with two top wingers and a nice defender. I'll do a more in-depth breakdown in a future post, but the squad was basically the same as the season before with the addition of Jamie Wood. After coming back from injury Jamie Wood improved significantly from 3 to 5 stars and was rated the best player in the league after just 6 weeks of games. In the two years he's been here, he didn't play the first year due to work permit issues, and in the second season he missed 4 months due to injury. So his stats are a bit behind but I do think he's a future star. 

Challenge Update

It's almost with sadness that I complete the challenge. I've really fell in love with this clubs and players. There are a few really talented players, so I might actually continue for a season or two. Or I might retire and sim 5 years into the future to see what happended to everyone. I've absolutely loved this challenge and I am already addicted. My goal is to complete the challenge in every continent and I'm already thinking where to go next! South Korea or USA perhaps.

Challenge was completed on FM20. No custom databases were used. 

Win the Absa Premiership                      - COMPLETE - 2029/30 - Season 10

Win the CAF Champions League           - COMPLETE - 2030/31 - Season 11

image.thumb.png.94f33f3076097f1f18786b5dfd5b1148.png

image.thumb.png.137e5766b9b47627e8c837c6955f4fb5.png 

image.thumb.png.9c128df38026ed10009451f58610d73e.png

Whoa, what happened to Cape town city? In FM18 I coached them and managed to win a league and cup, and  I had a few players playing on the national team(my goalkeeper, my midfielder, and my striker, Judas Mosamendi). Also won the African Champions League. Weird moment was at the club world cup, where they wanted my team to reach the semifinals, but I couldn't see Cape Town City beating a rich Chinese team and a solid middle east club.

Edited by Pedrike2021
adicionar informação

We start again with Salisbury FC. Poor facilities but more than 12 players this time. I simmed again to get Poole Town but they had the same 12 man squad. South Shields were there as well, but I've failed with them before. 

image.thumb.png.eb3e10b5b8382f5fa775d4f3581d8478.png

image.thumb.png.ee95d78ddd6b3f144aab9998c0b50aaa.png

Midway point of season 4 and we are right where we are expected to be. A tough start to the season has started to turn around slightly and a hard fought win against top of the table wimbledon has kept us within touching distance of avoiding relegation. Also the club has new owners after a takeover was completed 2 days before the game against wimbledon. The new owners attempted to make a signing but thankfully the player didnt want to sign for us.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 000131.png

Screenshot 2023-06-16 000755.png

Logo.png.1cc7fa029913f7456d416633add04a48.png

Bóltfelagið Royn

Betri deildin menn - 2032

League.JPG.4178d8fb15dcfaed88587b9e3754b462.JPG

Another step in the right direction as we ended comfortably in 3rd.

Conference League

ConfLeague.JPG.553e97d7ae81cbd2618b37bf75bd654a.JPG

We recorded our fist win against Maltese Gzira, but I'm more impressed by the fact that we managed to give Neuchatel Xamax a run for their money. I'd imagine a Swiss club to be way our of our league.

Financially this is very good as well, we made around 900k off this run and got upgrades for youth as well as senior grounds.

Cup

Cupfinal.JPG.126307f01356b9951bce7205dc55f2c4.JPG

We also managed to reach our first cup final, and this is how that went :')

Squad

Formation.JPG.2112cce56d68e18af4020be7691bf013.JPG

Squad.thumb.JPG.bacf17ca6464453d8ea45101fbbef1d4.JPG

New goalie Olsen had a good season. I hate that he is Unambitious though, hoping to mentor that off of him.

Lindenskov had a nice set of games in his first full season. Wiberg being another good talent and no good left backs coming through means one of them will make the switch.

Mattias Joensen did well again. The midfielder lacks any quality besides his playmaking ability, but he keeps doing what he does until someone better comes along.

Jacobsen started on the bench this season bus has fought his way back in the team brilliantly.

Olsen.thumb.JPG.3d636a3d9875cc581e6203741ad204e5.JPGLindenskov.thumb.JPG.613662bc0a7510d4e58f8592ca720fc9.JPGJoensen.thumb.JPG.a414c68435ce57cba623a65f7aafc517.JPGJacobsen.thumb.JPG.456311f4b62cb32adeb5372da9acc879.JPG

Youth intake

Youth.thumb.JPG.a4a2726c9f04ba0675462c593270d0ae.JPG

Some great players coming through!

Nielsen is one of the best in recent years. Another AMC means a mandatory formation change as we are loaded with central mids while the wingers are lacking.

Hojgaard will be a good backup right away.

David Debes seems to be the guy that will push Steingrimsson out of the starting eleven before too soon

Lunell Bruhn as well as Gilli Hansen looks good their position will disappear next season. Not sure what to retrain them as.

YNielsen.thumb.JPG.04cffa6654524ba619fa3c8fca426fa6.JPGYHojgaard.thumb.JPG.fbe21b44a93780e633d875709f277157.JPGYDebes.thumb.JPG.99aaf489fab4e5edb6bb0ad6bb24434a.JPGYLunellBruhn.thumb.JPG.01f6f8dfc92a4704e563e4c7282e2acc.JPGYHansen.thumb.JPG.1a4745ea33021f6e3e473da654142882.JPG

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.57b1931908616571bad6e86953ae6fb4.JPG

XaW - FFC Tricolore Gasperich - Season 2025/26 (Season 3) - Division 1 Série 1

54HCAfr.png

Pretty much the same as last season, really. The big difference this time, is that we deserved more.

o6Tff2n.png

Or rather, everyone else deserve a lot less! Anyway, we go again, and perhaps we can be closer next season.

The intake this season was quite underwhelming to be honest.

Coupe de Luxembourg: We beat Echternach before we lost to CS Grevenmacher in the 2nd round.

Around the world

25H0guq.png

U19s

Abn6RNh.png

They won the Luxembourger Under 19s Group 3 again.

Youth intake:

PyKbVAx.png

q2al6GH.png

G9Dlba4.png

EWf2T71.png

fVXBNqL.png

z3CfPYr.png

Trophy cabinet

(U19s)  Luxembourger Under 19s Group 3 - 3 (2023/24, 2024/25. 2025/26)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	62
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	60
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	59
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	57
Tiago Lordelo 24o	Portugal	<N/A>		2024-Present	46

Most goals for the club

João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	10
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	8
Abhishek Mondal 25k	India		<N/A>		2025-Present	6
Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	5
Liu Yuhan 24n		China		<N/A>		2024-Present	5

Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	14
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	11
Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	9
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	4
Luís Sousa 24g		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	3

Supporters:

LoFkTWD.png

Summary:

Uagk7Ws.png

Salisbury City F.C. - Wikipedia

Salisbury FC - England - Season 1

Salisbury FC - 2020/21 - Season 1 - England - Vanarama National South - 13th

A good but unspectacular first season. Compared to Poole Town, it was a luxury to have 17 players. We started well, winning our first four games to be top. Then gradually over the season we slipped downwards to 13th. But the board wanted to avoid a relegation fight so this was a good season. The media predicted us to finish last. The Youth Intake was pretty poor. Some 5 star potentials, but awful personalities. We only signed a left winger for a bit of cover there. All improvements were refused until March when they approved both Recuitment and Coaching, which are still pretty poor. But it's progress and the grind will contnue for a few seasons.

image.thumb.png.73871e21f242e7c07cb101847060a0d3.png

image.thumb.png.09ea55b93a8ee400236bb4f1384e5e7c.png

image.thumb.png.a6297a85d83c9a08534bf40925b44778.png

v2qN7cNXasfn0u5Gt65t8mnNPhzJyfsDf6MRjD_AyK6QxWPM4WThqmIg6hGwZALHj-ofyX1ulOEYdDx2YmDex_eIV2whs3RoJuXjfG-xApEWuxUGQaMQrpE9ZXKkf3uYD7WVI1D8-sWr1mKnnN-y-f0  SRyKb46cf3z6U6z021Mb6gvfLoWPQWIwf0m8yYp3U1iwf6R9YHgkWmTndEO7mggsN8RKWh1SbVO2M_WfOrihADov24h_9QNruqIwfFcZpab9_aJIpEL2V5yNMsu5TIyok0dbpZHEqqc0PzZIHYsYBn0

image.thumb.png.05f884031a7a3c5791c1531c35310ccd.png

XaW - FFC Tricolore Gasperich - Season 2026/27 (Season 4) - Division 1 Série 1

8OBxeDe.png

Finally we did well! And well enough to get out of the swamp and into the 2nd tier! Hopefully we can stay up next season, as the bookies didn't have faith in us this season at all, so I guess we overdid it, a bit.

The intake this season was once again quite underwhelming.

Coupe de Luxembourg: We beat US Folschette and Red Star Merl-Belair before we lost to Schieren in the 3rd round.

Around the world

6Qrg9Dm.png

U19s

yPQfrOi.png

They got moved to the Luxembourger Under 19s Group 4, but they still won it this year too.

Youth intake:

YghGxjX.png

DvbMXCx.png

HTeiVfe.png

4ylxs8m.png

Tcjth2Q.png

WC0jrAb.png

z3CfPYr.png

Trophy cabinet

Division 1 Série 1 - 1 (2026/27)

(U19s)  Luxembourger Under 19s Group 3 - 3 (2023/24, 2024/25. 2025/26)
(U19s) Luxembourger Under 19s Group 4 - 1 (2026/27)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	94
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	90
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	89
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	89
Luís Sousa 24g		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	71

Most goals for the club

Adolphus Blapoh 26n	Liberia		<N/A>		2026-Present	26
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	20
Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	17
Abhishek Mondal 25k	India		<N/A>		2025-Present	13
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	7

Lex Leogrande 24h	Luxembourg	<N/A>		2024-Present	27
João Rodrigues 24c	Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	17
Abdulhamid Makame 24j	Luxembourg	Zanzibar	2024-Present	17
João Duarte 25o		Luxembourg	Portugal	2025-Present	6
Luis Reis 24e		Luxembourg	Portugal	2024-Present	5

Supporters:

Yhz9CwU.png

Summary:

YAAKQEK.png

Can someone tell me the proper way to start this challenge in France? Since (I think) you can't immediately manage a National 2 team, do I choose a team promoted to National, or is there some work-around to manage in National 2? 

Logo.png.9abf0456602924f38c60526f7f49f439.png

Bóltfelagið Royn

Betri deildin menn - 2033

League.JPG.836a1b175f8b9fe23897703f3d67f885.JPG

A great season in which we finished second, and will start in the Europa League preliminaries next season! League ranking has been rising steadily and now we're 32nd we get a spot for that.

Vikingur went unbeaten, we're way off them. The single draw was ours, a thrilling 3-3, but a 4-0 scoreline is a regular occurrence against them.

Cup

Cup.JPG.7a93618dbb222d547104e38b32aa97a2.JPG

Another cup run, another final loss against Vikingur. The 0-1 was very forgiving as we were overrun.

Europe

ConfLeague.JPG.c874e47d36636f6a34f5ebc3cdfee614.JPG

Again we went a round deeper. Partizani gave us more problems than the scores suggest and getting Roma was just bad luck. 8 was unnecessary though.

Squad

Formation.JPG.b6856330dea1d7a8eea98015e6e68f59.JPG

A formation change was needed and it works well for us. All the better players have a spot, wingers will have to wait until the next change.

Squad.thumb.JPG.2db17d156151db3f0c45011394c8b490.JPG

Olsen rated really well this season. Went from Unambitious to Fairly Sporting, which is not much better but what can you do.

Lindenskov is our best player by a mile, even got a few caps, and doesn't want to renew his contract as he wants to move up. Really hope he won't pull the same **** as Nesa and sign for a club below us.

David Debes had a great first season, developed well and surpassed Steingrimsson.

Runi Nielsen is the next boy wonder with 9 goals and 6 assists in his first year. Already followed by the national team as well.

Jacobsen can't seem to stop scoring and I'm not going to make him.

Olsen.thumb.JPG.91525b9722606593a945e4a270f09acb.JPGLindenskov.thumb.JPG.79c056aef075315fc5dba711b91039d2.JPGDebes.thumb.JPG.880ed9e5060d5a2aa75bd67126b788aa.JPGNielsen.thumb.JPG.3556d2a1bb13377ad2039c4f1b84dd3b.JPGJacobsen.thumb.JPG.4127f7f8fffde4a768ca58922257261f.JPG

Youth intake

Youth.thumb.JPG.965ef4a4638e2c598af58c3c327092c6.JPG

Some decent prospects this year.

I love Debes as well as Justinussen. Both are AMC's though, of which we now have 4 that can contend for a spot.

Hojgaard is strengthening our numbers at CB and Mikelionis is going to have to wait a bit in the U21s.

YDebes.thumb.JPG.b10e21caceecafb371ba91977f818aa1.JPGYHojgaard.thumb.JPG.b00f4dae08aa907515838f9928adfb77.JPGYJustinussen.thumb.JPG.b126cc7f358b9e4477fc3ee6fb18f8ea.JPGYMikelionis.thumb.JPG.043418a925165da749b5f98479828a9b.JPG

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.8a1b41f6b3907ea9c383dc38cbeeaa90.JPG

*insert Zealand's loans song*

Other news

Stadium.JPG.64c000a47e91da71a94984ab7a5f50a5.JPG

Well hello there! I hope this gets us some more out of our revenues, as we can't keep plugging the hole with just European money.

Edited by BustaRaymes
layout

20 minutes ago, matta252 said:

Can someone tell me the proper way to start this challenge in France? Since (I think) you can't immediately manage a National 2 team, do I choose a team promoted to National, or is there some work-around to manage in National 2? 

Yes, promoted to National after one season is the way to go. You can start in National 2 if you use a custom database, but you'd still need to holiday a year to pick a team promoted -to- the National 2. The 'previously unplayable team' part is key.

13 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

@Neo_Geohow many competitive games did you play in your last season?

Only 75 :lol:

Northern Irish Cup 5
North West Senior Cup 4
Bet Mclean Cup 5
Danske Bank Premiership 38
SPFL Trust 5
Champions League 8
Europa League 10
Total 75

My first choice keeper played in 72 of these and missed the other 3 due to international duty.

Two of my first team players who have been with me since the first intake are only 1.5 star current ability but I've kept them around because they are pretty reliable and versatile to provide backup when needed ..................... they each had 47 appearances this season (albeit many were substitute appearances)

It's the main reason the save is taking so long, I wish I could just not compete in the North West Senior Cup (sounds like a retirement home competition) and the SPFL Trust Trohpy is another I'd love to skip. Turning pro helped massively this year especially as I was able to get a head of sports science and a sports scientist so the players weren't getting the Rst indicator even when I rotated the squad.

Edited by Neo_Geo

I've missed this challenge and am getting itchy feet to start again.

loke-removebg-preview.png.529dc32b21e7e9c66dbbbd4077f88808.png

I'm trying Belgium despite the financial bug, if I can get to the top division quickly enough, I'm hoping I can power through the bug. Maybe I'll even luck out and get a takeover along the way.

KSC Lokeren-Temse has great facilities for at least the first 2 divisions, so even without upgrades I should get decent enough youth intakes to make me competitive.

The manager and all the boring stuff...

Spoiler

FootballManager2023_ChooseNations-2.thumb.png.fd32ab5815dcc83657c3e8c8cfea530b.pngGame__ksc__AddNewManager.thumb.png.01fc5ee4fa6e6f625b27598e5eebdd6d.pngKSCLokeren-Temse_-3.thumb.png.58706265813c04562d45bafd9ffdd57a.png

I've already completed S1 so hopefully I'll see this through until I get fired or FM24 comes out!

Edited by Brentmeister

Salisbury City F.C. - Wikipedia

Salisbusy FC - England Season 2

Salisbury FC - Season 2 - 2021/22 - England - Vanarama National South - 11th

Another solid season of mediocrity, finishing 11th. Still predicted to finish 24th. We started poorly and were around the relegation zone after 16 games, but then a nice run of fixtures saw us challenging playoffs for the rest of the season. Youth Intake was slightly better, but still pretty average with some poor personalities. I realized that the youth contracts are only 5 pounds a week, so I signed anyone with 3 star potential or above. We almost made the 3rd round of the FA Cup. We were 4 - 1 up against a League 1 team, but conceded 3 late games inclugin 2 in injury time. We did manage to get more improvements accepts but only after the youth intake arrived, so we will hopefully see some better players next season.

image.thumb.png.1b3fb171c484dcdca3a85ee50b226697.png

image.thumb.png.b0eb3dcd21500852af62314fb76268ce.png

image.thumb.png.664dba3d37b1f7e4138fcf846d64cc42.png

RxYRsaZfNvRd7bikT6LBAHhYlW4FQsE_40IGtLjg_4ededAc-bhcwJwbglnjDXhiOjgIgTBuk1dbX8lSbrRbzYqC_f5bRygY9ObFIIN4Lj-hafhcLEeQ970Ft-uOF_z9tck3SxUnXTaGDfW0DInaozM  SadNIOo2fl4xpuzZnCFU017Xr4L9XwKrtmUseQEqFu0sdSe53w12fJJGTXIvpA-tjcgNd6Z4RizKYt7Nrq0ymPlQNAxjnhS2YFOtuTtyg0DZFdFxTq1zb6CLxGKizZC7keycvGi1Aa4ZbCh3b-VpP_o

image.thumb.png.391567856778c48654ed4e91a6a48c61.png

Edited by leyrtj

vor 2 Stunden schrieb leyrtj:

Salisbusy FC - England Season 2

Salisbury FC - Season 2 - 2021/22 - England - Vanarama National South - 11th

Another solid season of mediocrity, finishing 11th. Still predicted to finish 24th. We started poorly and were around the relegation zone after 16 games, but then a nice run of fixtures saw us challenging playoffs for the rest of the season. Youth Intake was slightly better, but still pretty average with some poor personalities. I realized that the youth contracts are only 5 pounds a week, so I signed anyone with 3 star potential or above. We almost made the 3rd round of the FA Cup. We were 4 - 1 up against a League 1 team, but conceded 3 late games inclugin 2 in injury time. We did manage to get more improvements accepts but only after the youth intake arrived, so we will hopefully see some better players next season.

Good job! Especially the improvements. Would you show how you play your team?

for me it’s a big help, I’m not that good tactically and also managing in Vanarama. It’s not that I would copy your tactic but it helps to compare how other play the game in the lower leagues and find some security.

also: how do you get along financially, do you keep the legends? 

loke-removebg-preview.png.577f7501744264a8f03d63f6797dc989.png

Season 1

pre-season prediction: 2nd

We started the league season in incredible fashion, winning our first 14 games. I don't think I've ever done that! We then did just enough to keep our noses in front and take home the title.

RKnokkeFCvKSCLokeren-Temse_Presentation.thumb.png.63b6a049752f682a95addf2908c85787.pngBrentMeister_EndofSeasonReview.thumb.png.d4219e2c7aaea5d7ec37f52d89ae4a6a.png

Cup

Round of 64

3 straightforward wins against smaller sides saw us drawn at home to current holders Royal Antwerp in the round of 64. We put up a brave performance eventually losing 1-2 to a late goal.

Key players and tactics

Veteran striker Simon Vermeiren bundled in 21 league goals to help us over the line.

I like the description of the vertical tika-taka preset so that's how I will shape the team going forward. I took off a few instructions that I didn't like, underlapping and slow tempo, changed a few roles around and it worked perfectly.

Spoiler

SimonVermeiren_Profile.thumb.png.57bb0fe3dc8c673569672896144ba3c4.pngtactics.png.aec55804f6f52e86c0ac6c2f3d83c5b6.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Youth Intake

An excellent intake was promised and I'm quietly optimistic about this year's group.

6'7" striker Langohr stands out for me as the most promising.

ErichLangohr_Profile.thumb.png.e6e9be5ae33c10981d4ac2ec06eedeb7.png

2nd div team Virton tried to sign our HOYD (which can only be a good sign) but he decided to stay with us, he looks good for the level so I'm happy we're keeping him.

Spoiler

ChrisBoachie_Profile.thumb.png.1d78e260449e0827267dd59a6e56c2be.pngKSCLokeren-Temse_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.dcb706a61fd7d3fecc8f5947aaa4acd2.png

Finances, transfers and misc

Possibly a game-breaking bug in Belgium but I'm gonna persevere and hope a takeover is imminent or the chairman continues to inject money, either way, upgrades will probably be unlikely for a few seasons. Not even a mid-season cash injection from the chairman put us in the black and we're currently losing more than 200k p/m.

Our facilities were downgraded, but are still listed as good, so I'm not too worried yet.

No transfers in, obviously, and a few outs.

I was also offered a new 2-year contract 6 months into the job, which is another first for me doing this challenge!

Spoiler

KSCLokeren-Temse_Summary.thumb.png.88bd1d9146b0b49a4a2b4601dc1a854f.pngKSCLokeren-Temse_TransferHistory.thumb.png.405cb341db22281839e5afefa8fdd117.png

Summary

summary.png.7dc48915b17245867b846daf2dc3f341.png

Edited by Brentmeister

So, back to Andorra.  Sporting Club d'Escaldes, who finished bottom of their division in the third tier, are who I have taken over.

Club Introduction

Sporting Club d'Escaldes

Sporting Club D'Escaldes Logo PNG Vector (CDR) Free Download

The Manager

This is me.

9paHQww.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start           1 July 2023                      N/a              N/a               N/a (Amateur Contract)

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Basic                 None             None               Obscure   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                         Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Copa Constitució PROTECTVALL        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Tough season this year but another good finish in the league. Expected to finish 22nd but went 1 place better than last year and finished 16th. Hindered by injuries at the end of the season and despite a poor Youth Intake 4 or 5 of the players had to come into the team to step in for the injured players, but they were poor and we faltered near the end of the season.

No-one will be leaving this season as i tied all my players down to promotion clauses so they all had 2 years added plus several of my better players signed optional contract extensions. Ryan Robinson was my standout player once again netting 27 goals for us.

finances took a hit but we had more season ticket holders and our highest average attendance. Heres to next season, hopefully start to push forward.

This is officially the longest its ever taken me to get to the football league from the VNN or VNS im loving this save

Edit. Just tied down star man Robinson down to a new contract for 3 years with a 3 year optional extension

Screenshot 2023-06-18 144411.png

Screenshot 2023-06-18 144418.png

Screenshot 2023-06-18 144430.png

Edited by Dr Pepper Man

20 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Good job! Especially the improvements. Would you show how you play your team?

for me it’s a big help, I’m not that good tactically and also managing in Vanarama. It’s not that I would copy your tactic but it helps to compare how other play the game in the lower leagues and find some security.

also: how do you get along financially, do you keep the legends? 

I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask. I'm not really a tactics person, and generally use the same tactic - an attacking 4231. With Salisbury I'm using a variant where I put the AMC as a striker. The team I took over had two good striker so 2 up front was obvious. But then then weren't any good enough players to change anything else. With 424, I score a lot but concede a lot. I'm only just above relegation in the 3rd season. The original team is decling and there aren't any youth coming through yet. No more improvements but hopefully some towards the end of the year. I find morale to be more important than anything. Time a team meeting before an easier fixture, and then if you win it you might go undefeated for a few. That's how I've survived so far. I'm playing on FM20 btw. 

image.thumb.png.027027d95a7b374b77226807ed1a309b.png