The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded up Scotland to see if the issue still existed and it does, was all ready to start with East Kilbride.

I'm guessing its probably going to make things a lot harder that you essentially have to have all your youth players in the main squad otherwise they get zero training as you can't get staff. For a challenge that focuses on youth development it seems like a complete blocker......shame.

8 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Loaded up Scotland to see if the issue still existed and it does, was all ready to start with East Kilbride.

I'm guessing its probably going to make things a lot harder that you essentially have to have all your youth players in the main squad otherwise they get zero training as you can't get staff. For a challenge that focuses on youth development it seems like a complete blocker......shame.

I'm not sure if you're interested in starting that low but I'm lead to believe the Tier 10 Scottish database by Mozza fixes that at the lower levels. It's also as close to realistic as possible with finances and the structure mirrors real life.

4 hours ago, officiallydeej said:

I'm not sure if you're interested in starting that low but I'm lead to believe the Tier 10 Scottish database by Mozza fixes that at the lower levels. It's also as close to realistic as possible with finances and the structure mirrors real life.

I might look that up, thanks

EDIT: going to try the editor file but only run from League 2 and up meaning I can use one of the promoted sides as I would have done with Vanilla, I'll then see if the U18s is working at that point. Don't really fancy a Tier 10 club just yet :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo

image.png.f958595ef0f64376a54bd107d7bfb1e6.png

25/26 Season Review (NORDICBET LIGA)

image.thumb.png.6bcf71c58e14b67d1b664805dae79c08.png

I have reached the first major roadblock of the save in the second division. The team finished with the lowest GD in the league and averaging just under 3 goals allowed per game, but we did just enough to survive. Also, we finally generated profit and I finally got a request accepted. Assuming we survive again next year I'd say the future is looking pretty bright!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.529709236174244cc18e41fbe3a18f93.png

image.thumb.png.c249a3e15217fa5957a6ef3f1680bc69.png

Newgen Review

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7b29cd57503069615e08beb32f3c04f2.png

image.thumb.png.7c7cd5217b9d8730100669d96b9886fc.png

image.thumb.png.f401b71ae60c72bbed5632c00730ccde.png

I've got a literal corpse (who might retire at any moment) playing GK, so I need one of my youngsters to improve quickly or things might get rough.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.32719dfc4be5d4ca3f958e40f309620c.png

image.thumb.png.9875efce62609653acbfd4ab3fe276dc.png

Edited by DumbGeraffe

On 29/12/2022 at 10:28, Winski said:

FC_JJK_svg.png.b71c5c39f1117a1504467318339ac41e.png

Well, the thing I was afraid of, just happened. I lost two of my best players. Both of them didn't want to stay at JJK any longer, so this was the best I could get for them. The money is very welcome, and in both deals we managed to get a 50% clausule. And I think we will get some nice money in the future if Haglund 23e is developing well at Napoli.

With this money we are finally able to upgrade our Youth Facilities for the first time!

GS9yMMO.jpg

h7cAvq5.jpg

I'm back in Finland! I couldn't connect with my team in Hungary, so I decided to go back to this save. Season 2026 is almost over, so my next update will follow soon :)

My team, JJK, is playing against Glentoran in the Europa Conference League Qual. Round. I decided to give a young goalkeeper a chance. He has '10' for Free Kicks, so I put his name on the sheet to take direct free kicks. And this is the result, in his very first match:

4daf5271ce4604413c02036b6e42e3cb.gif

6 hours ago, Winski said:

My team, JJK, is playing against Glentoran in the Europa Conference League Qual. Round. I decided to give a young goalkeeper a chance. He has '10' for Free Kicks, so I put his name on the sheet to take direct free kicks. And this is the result, in his very first match:

4daf5271ce4604413c02036b6e42e3cb.gif

It’s some hit but I don’t know what his counterpart is up to…..is he a centre forward playing in goals :lol:

UGHHHHHH. I hate this YF Bug. This happened at the end of the season I just finished (2056) and I've played through the transfer window and still the option won't return. It's been between 7 - 9 years between board takeovers for my club and my last one happened 4 years ago. Not sure I have the patience to play 3-5 more years with this board to just roll the dice for the 'chance' to get back to just 'Great' Youth Facilities. The club also has an 18k person waiting list for season tickets and our stadium capacity is just 12k (8k seated) and the board refuses to build a new stadium.

image.png.3ec0333ecfa7f38983efa186ca41f76e.png

image.png.587e187d11ea8795e114b0c6784c59cc.png

image.png.f7b088251e7281de3ecae8353dd0a9dd.png

I probably need to win the Euro Cup or something for the reputation bump but i feel scummy throwing Champions League QF to get the easier games. Especially with performances like this in the league phase:

image.png.8a3f824a1f4a3a41ad8afe3af87b0475.png

While I won't be deleting the save I think I'll be pausing Luxembourg with that faint hope that SI will finally address this bug. I've got great youth prospects right now, but I'll be losing the stars in 3 years when their contracts run out and if I can't get YF upgraded by then I have doubts I can replace them. 

I've started a save in Kosovo w/ transfers as well as played a few seasons Youth Only in Martinique so not sure which will become my focus.

Edited by WhiteCat33

@WhiteCat33 stupid board I had a couple of thousand waiting list at chiasso but18k is just ridiculous, they clearly don’t know how to run a football club.

The youth facilities issue is just incredibly annoying, in my opinion it should always be visible as you should always be able to request it,,if they don’t agree then fine.

Such a shame to invest that much time in it for it to go that way, definitely take a breather from it and come back later

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

@WhiteCat33 - SI have explained it a bit here now:

Not that is solve it, but they are looking to make it clear why in the future.

Thanks for the pointer, I guess I should be happy they are at least recognizing it as something we don't like, but IMO this makes it worse? Why only limit Youth Facilities and not Training facilities then? 

My board has "Develop Players using the Club Youth System" as a Preferred Goal and 'Not signing Over 30' as Favored so they are at least reasonably pointing towards me developing my youth players.

Spoiler

image.png.394bf5dea2e119b8797229623390bdbb.png

And we have a stupid amount of money:

Spoiler

image.png.7438d8b76c10f8dcc3e6e4bf49c2b169.png

With reasonable reputation:

Spoiler

image.png.26abcde1142e066bd5dd2fb7331039e1.png  image.png.f395e9334f56ce0f156a01cf9e2cdc6d.png

What I hope they explain is why in a situation where money for the club becomes irrelevant and they have a good reputation in Europe they are still hard restricting it, because to me it doesn't seem to make any sense and is extremely frustrating that a totally random element we have no control over can absolutely cripple a small nation save. 

Edit: @Neo_Geo yeah its incredibly frustrating here's the screenshot of the supporters. We have under 1k season ticket holders but could have 20k if the board weren't totally incompetent its insane. This is just the 'final straw' for me with this save as the db is wonky with the league registration for the domestic clubs and it seems that the way this club draws its youth intake while I get the cool storyline of POR players I won't ever get an affiliate player as its been over 10 years now with youth affiliates and I've yet to have one come through.

Spoiler

image.png.d90e9ce183edf845b6b14fbf8dcbb5b0.png

What kills me to shelve it is we have these 3 truly fantastic portuguese talents that are actually either playing for the national team or on their way to being called up with 2 being official wonderkids.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e78a07bc09b8d179a734c9cdbc1ea3b5.png

image.thumb.png.5cca94336f81f2bbd3e7a437c4fa55f4.png

image.thumb.png.96bf35fba07da918fcdda4848c48a506.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

@WhiteCat33 - SI have explained it a bit here now:

Not that is solve it, but they are looking to make it clear why in the future.

I think it’s a cop out from SI. If you are a club legend, adored by the fans and delivered loads of success, trophies and money the you should be able to request it and give the board an ultimatum if they refuse.

16 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Thanks for the pointer, I guess I should be happy they are at least recognizing it as something we don't like, but IMO this makes it worse? Why only limit Youth Facilities and not Training facilities then? 

My board has "Develop Players using the Club Youth System" as a Preferred Goal and 'Not signing Over 30' as Favored so they are at least reasonably pointing towards me developing my youth players.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.394bf5dea2e119b8797229623390bdbb.png

And we have a stupid amount of money:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7438d8b76c10f8dcc3e6e4bf49c2b169.png

With reasonable reputation:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.26abcde1142e066bd5dd2fb7331039e1.png  image.png.f395e9334f56ce0f156a01cf9e2cdc6d.png

What I hope they explain is why in a situation where money for the club becomes irrelevant and they have a good reputation in Europe they are still hard restricting it, because to me it doesn't seem to make any sense and is extremely frustrating that a totally random element we have no control over can absolutely cripple a small nation save. 

Edit: @Neo_Geo yeah its incredibly frustrating here's the screenshot of the supporters. We have under 1k season ticket holders but could have 20k if the board weren't totally incompetent its insane. This is just the 'final straw' for me with this save as the db is wonky with the league registration for the domestic clubs and it seems that the way this club draws its youth intake while I get the cool storyline of POR players I won't ever get an affiliate player as its been over 10 years now with youth affiliates and I've yet to have one come through.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d90e9ce183edf845b6b14fbf8dcbb5b0.png

What kills me to shelve it is we have these 3 truly fantastic portuguese talents that are actually either playing for the national team or on their way to being called up with 2 being official wonderkids.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e78a07bc09b8d179a734c9cdbc1ea3b5.png

image.thumb.png.5cca94336f81f2bbd3e7a437c4fa55f4.png

image.thumb.png.96bf35fba07da918fcdda4848c48a506.png

I don't disagree. Can you upload the save to the SI cloud and let me know the name, and I'll see if I can get SI to take another look?

15 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I think it’s a cop out from SI. If you are a club legend, adored by the fans and delivered loads of success, trophies and money the you should be able to request it and give the board an ultimatum if they refuse.

I also think it should be possible, but if at the very least it had been e.g. a board culture "No interest in youth development" at least it would be obvious why.

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

I don't disagree. Can you upload the save to the SI cloud and let me know the name, and I'll see if I can get SI to take another look?

I also think it should be possible, but if at the very least it had been e.g. a board culture "No interest in youth development" at least it would be obvious why.

Uploading it now, but its taking a while. File is: Lux D5 ALS Porto YAC.fm . Thanks for messaging them about it. I know my club is an oddball in an unsupported nation, but hopefully it can help them understand why those of us playing the YAC find this under the hood change so frustrating.

Edited by WhiteCat33

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Uploading it now, but its taking a while. File is: Lux D5 ALS Porto YAC.fm . Thanks for messaging them about it. I know my club is an oddball in an unsupported nation, but hopefully it can help them understand why those of us playing the YAC find this under the hood change so frustrating.

Yeah, I'm pushing stuff when I can, but I don't work for SI, so I don't have much more sway than anyone else. Anyway, I can see why they have certain clubs less willing to focus on youths than others and stuff, but I just really think it should be visible for users. Instead of just not showing the option to ask, I'd be much more willing to accept it if we could ask and the chairman said "we don't need any more as we don't want to focus on youth players" and rejected it. I mean, I think having loads of money and success should factor into being more willing to accept it anyway, but at least give feedback as to why something is not possible to do. Seeing you having the "develop youth players" culture, I think that should counteract any low youth importance for the chairman as the club culture should impact the logical decisions. That's my view of it anyway, and I don't know if SI will do something about it or not, but we can't do much more than report it.

Anyway, I relayed the file name and hopefully they'll take a look. :thup:

I'm having the same issue but am on fm22 still. I'm in Wales, so licenced league.

In my case we have to maintain the best youth facilities in the county and develop youth from our academy.

The board sanctioned max youth recruitment and junior coaching ages ago (we're spending multiple millions each season for this) but youth facilities are stuck at Good with no option to even speak to the board. The response from SI shows they don't fully grasp the issue here, but glad it's back on their radar.

3 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

I haven't purchased FM23 yet, but I figured I'd give this another shot on FM22.  I want to try in a country that hasn't been completed yet so I am trying in Ecuador.

spacer.png

920c847b031a798236506d7e704cf35e.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This will make the finances fun.

2332f9029547f0a49637a46f4817fc2c.png\

Our preseason odd look good for staying up.

676ff845ceab7960f525f9652d0fe435.png

No staff either....this will be fun

bfcc883e832d4f0ee72d495a942c00c7.png

We have money.  Let's see how fast we can blow through it.

c22036280d3aa23b9177893066ad9c70.png

Nice one. I very nearly started an Ecuador save last summer after looking at the South American options. All the other SA leagues seemed confusing or very long... Or both. Good luck.

10 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Nice one. I very nearly started an Ecuador save last summer after looking at the South American options. All the other SA leagues seemed confusing or very long... Or both. Good luck.

This season is only 36 games.  I loaded all the South American countries though.  Only a couple had a 2nd division with relegation from there.

So while I've had the Augsburg-Leverkusen match on I decided to download the 6-Tier Germany DB and sim a year. I've always liked HSV since I went to a 2006 WC match at the Volkparkstadion so I decided to look at teams in the 2 Hamburg Landesligas. Of the 4 promotion choices I get FC Elazig Spor Hamburg and if we take a look at their squad there emerges a theme:

image.png.ade7e86ad90f1a5b608ebc81a52eab56.png

Do I dare do another Foreign Intake save? At least this time I'll be in a major nation and the direction of the foreign regens is better. 

MIPW92l.png

2027/28 Season Review:

WURb0xK.png

9B7Gy4H.png

08yJAIe.png

I was hoping to take a step forward and wound up doing a little worse. The league was very tight and dropping points last day took us from potentially winning the league to finishing fifth. In the Conference League we also took a step back and didn't make it to the league stage. No real discernable reason why, so hopefully just a little underperformance. 

0Pk69u0.png

cDEZajO.png

Actually, I forgot when writing the above paragraph that we lost our wonderkid striker. He was a 0.66 goals a match player so there's a fair amount of goals that went away. 

Youth Intake:

uTy26JF.png

Zvtz8H0.png

Another quality intake with lots of potential on the horizon. 

2028/29 Season Preview:

GY1QaCX.png

H7yjESC.png

WVOsX5y.png

We already are knocked out of the conference league. Bad draw and lost on penalties after barely even making it there due to a red card. That means the only thing to worry about is the league. I expect to be in the champions group and qualify for some form of Europe. 

10 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

So I can say for certain this is the first time I've had a Clay Surface field, and this is true to life: Sportplatz Wendenstraße 164 - Stadium in Hamburg-Borgfelde (europlan-online.de) Sad to say the other teams the site says share the field either no longer exist or aren't in the game.

image.png.e277749128342f017f1ef837551638a6.png

I remember managing United (ARU) in Aruba on FM22 (thanks to @V50's Caribbean expansion pack), and they play on a Sand surface. It was so funny seeing them coming out to on the light brown surface instead of grass, but I don't think it made much difference to how the game played at the end, apart from the visual aspect.

6 hours ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

I remember managing United (ARU) in Aruba on FM22 (thanks to @V50's Caribbean expansion pack), and they play on a Sand surface. It was so funny seeing them coming out to on the light brown surface instead of grass, but I don't think it made much difference to how the game played at the end, apart from the visual aspect.

It is cool seeing the different color and I like to think it throws off the opposition as we have had a pretty stellar home record this inaugural season. If only you could request alternative surfaces when you build a new stadium would be fun to keep us the Clay Surface Turkish side from Hamburg.

Since ludak finished this challenge with OFK Beograd first, I've decided to wrap up my own take on Romanticari (1 league title, 0 cups, nothing to write home about as far as European competitions are concerned in seven seasons) and start a game I wanted for a long while. Took me a whole day of simulating, a whole bloody day to get them promoted two levels up but... Here we go.

670c00d05bae5be4fdfdd3910f22504c.png

I guess this could count as San Marino challenge, albeit I won't be touching NT before finishing up this one first.

That is, if I survive past season 1. Our squad is dire. Dire! Eccellenza level players in Serie C, because AI suck at transfers. Though they did sign us two strikers, two deals I can't cancel. Facilities... As good as I expected.

Let's see how long this lasts...

Can someone tell me how I can make sure my affiliate club is playing my youngsters? They show interest in my player but rarely make a bid for them. I'm trying to loan them players that are good for their division to hopefully help them get promoted but they are either not bidding for them, or only want them as squad players when I offer them out myself.

MIPW92l.png

2028/29 Midseason Review:

YNYVeXW.png

After the disappointment of crashing out of Europe early the team is playing well in league and in good position down the second half.

Intake Preview:

vSosjI1.png

Little underwhelming, but Center Mid is a good spot to have an A rating. We're going to lose another top player this year as he feels he's outgrown the club.

Chernomorets 1919 Burgas - 2029-30 Season

Chernomorets_1919_new.png.463ab999ee68b1a6b06b5599ba511095.png

2030table.png.41a9a2f876da9ad90c66068552e2361d.png 

2030playoff.png.a738333f52c5da3f29afe7015a9d7fcc.png

Another good season sees us qualify for the Europa League for the second season in a row. We did finish the main season a lot closer to Levski this year but in truth we never looked like overthrowing them. We ran out of steam in the Championship group and when it became clear I wasn't going to finish anywhere other than second I used the last two games to give some match experience to some of our U19s. All in all another very successful season, made even better by me managing to convince the board to upgrade both facilities, youth coaching and youth recruitment twice each through the season. Hopefully that will be the boost we need to push us into contention for the title in the next few seasons. Ludogorets still have by far the best squad in the league but had an atrocious season, failing to qualify for the top group in the end of season playoffs.

We had another good cup run, falling at this semi final phase for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, this time 7-6 on aggregate to Levski Sofia.

2030ELrun.png.f3f9bf9c15c7e0433c7126cf88f4dbc1.png

An incredible maiden season in the Europa League, battling through three qualifying rounds and the group phase before eventually losing narrowly to Athletic Club in the last 16.  Eye catching victories over Monaco, Napoli and in the home tie against Athletic Club give me hope that we can compete well in the coming seasons.  Interestingly fellow Bulgarian club Levski made it all the way to the final before eventually losing to Newcastle and their world class Brazilian regen 4-0. A small part of me was disappointed we haven't finished 3rd as I think we could have a real go at the Conference League!

2030wc.png.df4e4dba4adf1e9d31e70eaa8450dc14.png

Our first and currently only full international is on his way to the World Cup! In honesty I'm not sure Dursun would be going if I had the Turkish League loaded but still it's quite an achievement for us at this stage. I now have 7 Bulgarians in the U21 side and you would think it's online a matter of time before 1 or more make the step up into the full national team, which is currently dominated by a mix of foreign based and Levski players.

2030intake.png.a36623269e117b03de4ef7d8d1a191a9.png

2030kokv.thumb.png.6c45ff6e7bb4ed7e0a5dbc404cbe07b7.png 2030kollbarov.thumb.png.84feac0edbc9cc916130172304d4ae32.png

Although I'm happy with this intake I wish my HOYD would start finding some full backs and more wingers! We are absolutely stacked now down the spine of the team but very short out wide, particularly at full back. I'm loathe to make a change after so many incredible intakes but I might have to bite the bullet this time around.

2030finances.png.fa0e52ab97d5805cc9dc1c764a246ce7.png 2030transfers.thumb.png.c2974c188f87a776664bc5d3c8b3b55e.png

Not much to report in terms of transfer out this season. I would have liked to keep Asenov given the wide player shortage but he wasn't ready to break into the first team and became unsettled after Cherno More put a bid in for him. I let him to and he hasn't played a game for them so far, so it probably wasn't his best career choice. The European run has alleviated our financial concerns and even after two full sets of upgrades we finished the season over £4m in the black.

2030smeeds.png.04d1dcf92353cf85d5358c4e29f6802c.png

I always seem to end up back here.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

7RbrBHy.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor