FM23 Touch...on Apple Arcade?...oh...

10 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

You tend to get first 3 months free, I know EE for example give you 6 months free as well

EE also offer this as a ‘smart benefit’ for pay monthly plans. With their Unlimited Everything plan for iphone, you get 3 smart benefits so it could be included that way.

On 08/09/2022 at 16:53, zakbrown96 said:

You tend to get first 3 months free, I know EE for example give you 6 months free as well

I mean that's not good though, before such offers, if you want 12 months play out of it you're basically looking at £60 for a downgrade on the main product unless you happen to also use Apple arcade for other games too. 

Edited by ElliottMS

I understand everyone’s frustrations but if iPad made viable economic sense outside of arcade they’d sell it as a standalone. The same goes for android. Your disappointment reveals your love for the game but it can only be produced if profitable. I’m playing on my iPad through remote access on Xbox. Frankly it’s best touch version in years. 

if you don’t want it vote with your feet. Not being unsympathetic but really don’t understand what SI are meant to do?

6 hours ago, ollie_davis said:

So excited for this

maybe a stupid question, with it being on Apple Arcade rather than a game through App Store, do you think we’ll still be able to access the game via iTunes to make graphic changes (ie kits, facepack etc) 

I’m also really hoping we can install graphics

23 hours ago, ollie_davis said:

So excited for this

maybe a stupid question, with it being on Apple Arcade rather than a game through App Store, do you think we’ll still be able to access the game via iTunes to make graphic changes (ie kits, facepack etc) 

16 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

I’m also really hoping we can install graphics

To answer both questions I believe, features and all the ins and out is coming in October. @Desmond Richardson will be able to confirm mind 

Edited by zakbrown96

2 hours ago, ollie_davis said:

Stupid question as I’ve never played Apple Arcade before…

once downloaded, can you play (and load saves) offline?  

Subscribe to Apple Arcade to access a curated collection of new games on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV. Apple Arcade is a subscription service that gives you and your family unlimited access to an extensive catalogue of new games that you can play across all of your devices – online or offline.

On 20/09/2022 at 09:56, Desmond Richardson said:

That's correct - Feature news coming throughout October.

To be fair I'm quite thankful that Touch is coming back, despite not all platforms (I would love to come back to MacOS and PC).

I will be honest, don't really expect nothing extravagant for new features for FM23, this way I can genuine be surprised, but also my most thing in FM I like to know if the template for 3D kits is going to change or remain the same.

18 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

This is correct for Apple Arcade.

So, will it be native for M1 iPads?

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, grade said:

To be fair I'm quite thankful that Touch is coming back, despite not all platforms (I would love to come back to MacOS and PC).

I will be honest, don't really expect nothing extravagant for new features for FM23, this way I can genuine be surprised, but also my most thing in FM I like to know if the template for 3D kits is going to change or remain the same.

So, will it be native for M1 iPads?

ioS builds have always been arm, so have always been native

What happens when FM24 comes out; does FM23 disappear from Apple Arcade and we lose our saves and access to play the game (assuming like other platforms, SI only has the license to sell the edition/game for 1 year until new release replaces previous one)

35 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

What happens when FM24 comes out; does FM23 disappear from Apple Arcade and we lose our saves and access to play the game (assuming like other platforms, SI only has the license to sell the edition/game for 1 year until new release replaces previous one)

It will depend what kind of deal they have with Apple. But seems likely, as SI tends to make previous games unavailable on App Store for the Mobile and Touch versions, this will be no different the question is, if once exit the Apple Arcade the access to it will remain.

17 minutes ago, grade said:

It will depend what kind of deal they have with Apple. But seems likely, as SI tends to make previous games unavailable on App Store for the Mobile and Touch versions, this will be no different the question is, if once exit the Apple Arcade the access to it will remain.

Indeed - the previous iOS setup was a download from the App Store so it is still available forever (I still play FM20 on iPad)

Hoping that there is the option to continue playing indefinitely and not just for 1 year for those of us who’s save games last multiple years in real life! 

1 hour ago, BuryBlade said:

Genuinely that’s a very good question @Desmond Richardson Any idea on what will happen?

3 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

2 hours ago, grade said:

1 hour ago, zakbrown96 said:

Genuinely that’s a very good question @Desmond Richardson Any idea on what will happen?

It'll depend on what SI decide I guess... but as an example of yearly franchises on Apple Arcade, NBA 2K21 is still available on Apple Arcade, when NBA 2K22 has been out for nearly a year and NBA 2K23 is out in a couple of weeks. So it can certainly be done.

7 hours ago, johnloch said:

Another related thing: I assume no third-party graphics can be installed for games on Apple Arcade? This can be done before on iOS though quite cumbersome if compared to Android.

Until features and the ins and outs are announced in October, Not really one that can be answered for now I don’t imagine 

10 hours ago, johnloch said:

Another related thing: I assume no third-party graphics can be installed for games on Apple Arcade? This can be done before on iOS though quite cumbersome if compared to Android.

Don’t think we’ll know until the game comes out. In theory, we should be able to, as long as you can see the game in the file sharing part of iTunes on Apple Arcade games. I wonder if anyone with Arcade can check this out? Just a guess though as I’m not very techy!

would be a big shame if we couldn’t as it makes a big difference for my experience but equally I’m just grateful the game is back on iOS which I totally didn’t expect!

Haven't used this account in years, long time player of FM moved to iPad from PC years ago as life went on and didn't have the time for the full game anymore.

When I read the news that FMT22 wasn't coming to iPad, understood the reasoning that SI had too much on their plate so was happy to keep playing FM21.

So I gotta say that hearing FMT23 is coming back, but with a subscription that I'll have to pay monthly forever to access my save and the world/players I've built is a kick in the teeth lads.

You wouldn't lock your PC players saves behind a paywall so why do it to us?

I get that the exclusivity deal you've signed as probably helped finance bringing it back to iPad in first place, but asking your customer for £60 per year (for forever if you wanna keep going with your save), is just wrong.

I really hope there is some way to buy and "own" (at least without the subscription) in the future.

I don't mean for any of this to point the pitch forks at you guys, but times are hard right now lads and there not getting any better and now I'm gonna have to set up a direct debit for FM like I do for my gas and electric - I thought SI we're better than this.

51 minutes ago, LUHG said:

Haven't used this account in years, long time player of FM moved to iPad from PC years ago as life went on and didn't have the time for the full game anymore.

When I read the news that FMT22 wasn't coming to iPad, understood the reasoning that SI had too much on their plate so was happy to keep playing FM21.

So I gotta say that hearing FMT23 is coming back, but with a subscription that I'll have to pay monthly forever to access my save and the world/players I've built is a kick in the teeth lads.

I get that the exclusivity deal you've signed as probably helped finance bringing it back to iPad in first place, but asking your customer for £60 per year (for forever if you wanna keep going with your save), is just wrong.

I really hope there is some way to buy and "own" (at least without the subscription) in the future.

I don't mean for any of this to point the pitch forks at you guys, but times are hard right now lads and there not getting any better and now I'm gonna have to set up a direct debit for FM like I do for my gas and electric - I thought SI we're better than this.

Totally appreciate this and understand completely. I guess the argument is that for £5 a month, you get access to all of the Arcade games (I have zero interest in them but I guess I’ll explore).

Also, it just means the lifespan of the game will be less for me - I’ll play from November until the summer, so about £30 (which I think is a fair price) and then I’ll cancel until the next one. 

Again, I’m just happy they’re releasing a new game on iPad again. If this is financially the only way for them to make the game, then it’ll have to be. Would’ve stuck with the FM21 on iPad but it was too buggy and major flaws making it impossible to play. 

1 hour ago, LUHG said:

Must admit even though I get arcade with my EE contract, given it’s now a subscription based game where potentially people will pay up to £60 as not everyone is going to want to play the other games, then bugs wise it’s going to be to be very good at launch and not waiting till Christmas for the game to feel great. Now wouldn’t it be good if they had an deal where you pay say £30 for the game but that also comes with a years Apple Arcade subscription and they can then call it a FM season ticket for arcade. 

Edited by zakbrown96

It's the subscription that feels unfair to me.

With netflix, if you know there isn't anything you want to watch you can cancel the payment and resubscribe when you want to again.

FM is different, it's not like the game has a end, so when would be the point you would unsubscribe? Suppose I could cancel the auto renewal each month, but then if you want to hop on for 10 mins here and there it's gonna cost you £5 out your pocket again.

I was around when they moved the game over to the Steam client, and there was backlash on here then with people saying that access to there game would be locked behind a Steam account, but at least it's free.  This feels like it's a paywall to access your save.

9 hours ago, LUHG said:

With netflix, if you know there isn't anything you want to watch you can cancel the payment and resubscribe when you want to again.

FM is different, it's not like the game has a end, so when would be the point you would unsubscribe? Suppose I could cancel the auto renewal each month, but then if you want to hop on for 10 mins here and there it's gonna cost you £5 out your pocket again.

I was around when they moved the game over to the Steam client, and there was backlash on here then with people saying that access to there game would be locked behind a Steam account, but at least it's free.  This feels like it's a paywall to access your save.

It is crazy to think £60 for a game that given recent history is a 30 season game as well.

On 23/09/2022 at 23:24, zakbrown96 said:

Must admit even though I get arcade with my EE contract, given it’s now a subscription based game where potentially people will pay up to £60 as not everyone is going to want to play the other games, then bugs wise it’s going to be to be very good at launch and not waiting till Christmas for the game to feel great. Now wouldn’t it be good if they had an deal where you pay say £30 for the game but that also comes with a years Apple Arcade subscription and they can then call it a FM season ticket for arcade. 

On 24/09/2022 at 13:49, LUHG said:

On 24/09/2022 at 23:21, zakbrown96 said:

It is crazy to think £60 for a game that given recent history is a 30 season game as well.

I don't know how much of your £5 a month goes to SI, but it'll be pennies, if that. The rest is spread between the developers of the hundreds of other games you get access to. No one is forcing you to subscribe, and FM is still available on other platforms as normal.

It wasn't financially viable to release the game on iPad for purchase (as they'd done for years), or SI would have kept doing it. The only way to make it viable was clearly to sign a deal with Apple to bring it to Arcade. You now have an OPTION to get Touch on the iPad (plus iPhone, Apple TV and even Mac) which you wouldn't have had otherwise. If you don't want to pay the £5 p/m, you're no worse off than you were last year.

Some of us only have access to certain platforms (i.e. have no PC's/Laptops). To maintain this I'm gonna have to trade off one or two subscriptions. As someone who's never had a subscription to Arcade, and as an avid FM fan, I'm gonna HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO PLAY for this game.

4 hours ago, StephenFMT17 said:

Some of us only have access to certain platforms (i.e. have no PC's/Laptops). To maintain this I'm gonna have to trade off one or two subscriptions. As someone who's never had a subscription to Arcade, and as an avid FM fan, I'm gonna HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO PLAY for this game.

Or, if it's not worth 5 pounds per month to you, you can choose not to. I was really frustrated last year as a mac & iPad user, that wanted to play FM Touch, that there was no option. Now there is an option, I need to make a decision whether the 5 quid is good value for me. I think if I compare it to other subscriptions, on an hourly basis, it's looking very good! Ideally, yes, I'd pay 30 quid and buy it for the year, but there's not enough users like us to make that a viable option for SI. I'm just glad there is the option and for the $ per hour, I think it's the best money i';ll spend all year!

6 hours ago, StephenFMT17 said:

But the alternative was not having it at all. Now you have an option.  Before, you had none.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Ricobran said:

I think it’s disgusting, especially in the current climate. This is how SI treat their loyal customers. I won’t be signing up with Apple Arcade. 

You know you get 3 months free when signing up. Use that! It’s easy to moan but this would be an Apple exclusive contract I doubt FM had a lot of say probably more Sega 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this in Tweets links in this forum.

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 16.18.25.png

So, anyone living in London and is attending this, golden opportunity to make the questions anyone asks here in the forums and no one at SI answer.

Edited by grade