FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, aldojags said:

@Tyerfirst few years in saves like these the CL is just about pocketing the cash until you work it out, dont worry about it you’re making incredible progress! Next update u do can u show us the guy who is always your top scorer is it Naya?

Naya was one of those lucky signings that just happened to really work out.  Alot of headed goals from corners when those were really OP.  Free signing from Argentina that has scored 131 goals for me.  He's kind of pissed at me right now as I tried to sell him for 8million last window.  (In the last 12 months he has started to regress a little, tried to cash in)

image.thumb.png.bd719c7fbd88b45553812275d4cc34c3.png

image.thumb.png.c07a5d87a66e40f153a945640d1bea96.png

Here is my record signing newgen I hope turns into a $50 million player in time 

image.thumb.png.47e0bcbc046517f6fcf1a8c4acd2b23e.png

some truly great progress so far - just had a catch up.  some great saves developing! :thup:  i'm currently trying to rebuild Sheffield Wednesday, but am hoping to dive in sometime in the New Year.  Some of these save are whetting my appetite....

image.png.969c33985bdb55e33f5bfec54fd0372d.png

Overview:

My second attempt at the Swedish Second division level went much better, with a decent mid table position with the 400-1 title ousiders of Limhamn Bunkeflo. It appears they are more well known for their ladies side in general. I do have a handy affiliate in Brondby, not that anyone would come on loan to me just yet. (It did however give me enough knowledge of Denmark to have a young unattached left back be recommended to me by my  scouts...) 

Tran sfers

I basically signed anyone rated C or higher at first, and over the season managed to pick up the odd B rated player. We really struggled in defence, with severe lack of quality at left back, centre back and goalkeeper. Incidentally the one keeper who did join did a decent job of free kicks and even scored our goal of the season, a 30 yard piledriver reminiscent of Hugo Almeida. (I signed my best players from Asarp Tradet, and they were barely good enough for the u19s, it seems I was doomed to fail there!) 

Key Players

Sander- Not the finisher in the side, but definitely the focus/provider. 

Nordstom- Free transfer and had been at no club previously. I like to think he won a competition to trial at the club. Turned out to be a brilliant pickup, if a bit volatile at times. Chipped in with goals. 

Setterberg - 4 goals this season, decent enough between the posts, definitely needs upgrading upon

Best XI

Table

Youth

As is tradition with a newly promoted club, we got a truckload of players. Loads of potential here. As they integrate into the squad ill pick out names but at the minute there's too much to sift through! 

Aims:

Push for promotion in next 2 seasons

Catch up on everyone else's progress! 

Club Season League Position Europe Cups Info
Asarp-Tradet FK 2021-2022 Swedish Second Division North Gotaland 13th - - Sacked - Relegated
IK Linham Bunkeflo 2022-2023 Swedish Second Division South Gotaland 4th     First international cap: Hojbjerg (Denmark u19s)

1 hour ago, rlipscombe said:

some truly great progress so far - just had a catch up.  some great saves developing! :thup:  i'm currently trying to rebuild Sheffield Wednesday, but am hoping to dive in sometime in the New Year.  Some of these save are whetting my appetite....

I have a Fulham save also I'm playing around with.  First season is fun, so much better than the rest of the championship.

image.png.9e668f6c651c0e8c703fd971f44e51dd.png

Season 5 | 2026-2027 | Survival on the line

Alas we're there, the Super League with Fethiyespor. First important milestone in this challenge is a promotion to the top flight of the league system and I'm glad that we're here. This means a few important things.

First, money. Interestingly, prize money in the SuperLeague is awarded after each win (375k€) and after each draw (192k€). Along with a ~7M€ TV revenue, there is some real money to throw around at players and infrastructure and the fact that it is tied directly to league results is super interesting. 

Second, foreign spots. In the 1.League, we were limited at 4 Foreign players, and it was 11 in the SuperLeague. Now we're talking! Also, my board expanded the scouting knowledge to the world at the same time, which means that I was able to send someone to South America and scout Columbia and Peru and Ecuador and Uruguay and all these great places in search of a gem. 

All of this, with the direct goal of staying up in the SuperLeague and consolidating my spot up there. 

Transfers

Lots of activity in this years transfer windows, as we knew we'd need more talent in order to stay up. The priority was to plug holes as much as possible. Turns out it was quite successful. 

image.thumb.png.3802edf371c18b1c5115b64bf189577c.png

In the In column, Zain Al-Din Salman came to play with us with the record transfer in from Syrian side Tishreen for 425k€. Made an instant impact and became our top scorer (more on him below). Another notable transfer is Niko Lippold, who came in for free after never breaking in the first club at Bayern and being released. He chose our club over more reputable ones as he had a better chance at breaking in the first team than at Juventus (and I still can't believe he chose us). 

One of the nice benefits of playing in a new country is that you sign players from countries you would never have thought of before... Salman is from Syria, Ahmed Malik is from Sudan and Denis Abdallah is a regular international for Tanzania. Along with a couple of Europeans which have the Turkish second nationality, it makes for an interesting bunch. 

In the Out column, Batuhan Peker came in on a Free from LASK at 19 years old, was loaned out for a fee and then appeared not to have enough quality to break into our team. I may be wrong about that, but when Sivasspor came in with a good offer for him, I jumped on it. The rest was either loaning players out for playing time or getting rid of deadwood. 

League Performance

The expectations at the start of the campaign were that we'd get hopelessly beaten down, and we were given an 1000-1 odd at winning it. Obviously, this is not what we were looking for and a finish around 13th or 14th place, a few spots around the relegation zone would have satisfied me plenty. 

I don't know if it's our schedule or if it's the opponents not taking us seriously early on, but we got on to a terrific start and we were hovering between 2nd and 6th place in the league during that time. 

image.thumb.png.9ef849326f8c5deacaa929ac68443478.png

But then, starting in November, things started to go downhill, and we went 13 straight games without a win, only getting two draws in the process. Reality was hitting. Hard. It probably also didn't help that we played Besitkas 3 times in the same month (2 times in the Cup, one time in the league) during the month of January, and morale was at an all-time low. A surprise 2-1 win away at Fehnerbahçe got us unstuck and we managed to turn things around in the final stretch of the season, finishing with a few strong wins and ending up in 13th place, 8 points above the first relegation spot. 

image.thumb.png.0773cc23ccc4b4b7d17fb75d50ece811.png

Objective 1, 2 and 3: Survive in the Super League: Check!

Turkish Cup

Again an ok showing in the league, but we hit Besitkas in the 6th round in the middle of our slump and were hopelessly beaten 0-5 on aggregate. Not bad if we look at the grand scheme of things. 

The Team

Still holding on with our weird asymmetric tactic, it proved useful most of the times, but against much stronger sides, we settled down on a more defensive shape which was a bit more responsible defensively. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.68f81e946b3d46654ec27baadb6eadd4.png

image.thumb.png.736c2a9ddcc5e7ac66c3b180b020a399.png

Individual highlights

Niko Lippold - DC, DM, MC - 4 goals, 3 PoM, 7.16 avg. rating

Definitely my signing of the season, Niko was strong when playing in the defensive end of the central axis, playing a bit everywhere depending on the need. Not sure I'll hold on to him for much longer though, as I had to put in a 1M€ release clause in his contract and after a first full season in the top flight, he's now wanted by Inter, PSG, Dortmund and all the usual suspects and he thinks that our club is too small for his ambitions. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.  

Révélation

image.thumb.png.0873dc42832a9200db4d2894b8bc91f5.png

Zain Al-Din Salman - ST - 16 goals, 3 assists, 2 PoM, 6.98 rating

Our main threat in the offensive side of the pitch, a regular Syrian international at only 20 years old (which meant that he was sorely missed for ~1 month in the worse of our slump ini the league due to international matches, which might prove to be a problem in the future...). He is going to be very interesting to watch in the future. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.469f7b5bd0de9dc9245e5cd353204d59.png

Yusuf Götkas - DC - 3 goals, 1 PoM, 6.89 avg. rating

After an ever-long loan, I got Yusuf to join us for good starting next season as we are now playing in a better division than the club he was loaned from...! He is still on the slow side for the Super League, but he agreed to join us as a squad player. Still playing well, but he got nerfed at the same time as near-post corners... Here is still a quite dependable anchor in our defence against crosses, so he has a role to play with us. He's also one of our team leaders now. He has come to disliking big matches though, which I find a bit problematic... 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.7c517ecf72f92e53bd08b6ddf4fb9c9a.png

Yasin Ceylan - DM, MC - 3 assists, 6.84 avg. rating

Yasin continues to play well and has proven that, at 20 years old, he's of SuperLeague level. He has signed a 3-year extension contract with us and I expect that he'll continue to show off is wonderful potential next year. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.5f891ffca40c65ce84f4f6242e40ead3.png

For the Future

Our first South American came in the January transfer window and is named Sebastian Ramirez. Will be a great poacher next year, not as fast as I would have hoped, but I'm quietly confident that he'll do well. Ok, not that too quietly as I gave him special number 88.... 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.7103bb2d87a44f8235e5fef28f0a1c84.png

Other News

SuperLeague finances baby! <insert baby dancing gif here>

image.thumb.png.b001507ee82b842ec477909f799c3985.png

- Somewhat crappy intake this year again, but there is one (very) bright spot in the form of Özgür Berke (see below). 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.301776990d79b1d397280b4febfb5ecc.png

Looking Back

- Survive in the SuperLeague: Yes! 

Looking Forward

Survive in the SuperLeague, despite restriction on foreign players

- A better attacking midfield

- Be responsible defensively

- Start investing on infrastructure, now that we have (some) money. 

Summary

Year Season League Position Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 2022/2023 2L 11 51 -4 3rd Round NA 4013 Serhat Mutlu (10) Sezer Yildim (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
2 2023/2024 2L 1 75 32 4th Round NA 4257 Onur Demir (12) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
3 2024/2025 1L 7 57 17 5th Round NA 5765 Damion Probodziak (17) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
4 2025/2026 1L 2 69 39 5th Round NA 5973 Eren Aydin (19) Mohammed Sabah (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
5 2026/2027 SL 13 36 -5 6th Round NA 7642 Zain Al-Din Salman (16) Yunus Kefeli (7) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Basic

2031 Brora Mid Season Update

Didn't embarass ourselves in the Champions League, 3 draws (almost beat Porto once, they leveled in the 94th)

I've been leading the league most of the season, but lost top to some poor form, but Scotland now is a 3 team league!!  

Drew a Belgian team i've never heard of in the Europa Knockouts

image.thumb.png.1b60bbde357ba6387290111e9e5996aa.png

Il y a 3 heures, TheRailwaymen a dit :

@jmarchand11 foreign players, time to live the dream. You've earned the right to those Colombian wonderkids :)

The rules in Turkey were a bit complicated. We were allowed 10 (not 11, sorry small typo) in the squad registration, but only 6 could be on the field at any given moment. For next season, this drops down to 5 spots. 

I'm used in playing in Europe where what counts are nonEU spots, like last year in Croatia. However, this year in Turkey I get none of this and they'll get a spot as soon as I get out of Turkey, which will be quite a challenge I think. 

Great progress again @Tyeryou will beat the Belgian team I'm sure, a league win for you might only be a couple of seasons away!

@jmarchandreally like the look of Ramirez he will bang them in. Strange to have a fickle personality, but with otherwise impressive mentals? But he's guaranteed goals you can just tell!

2 hours ago, jmarchand said:

image.png.c69ee9caba9da3fca93108a07f2a678d.png

And now I have to fight against the local council too. second year in a row they've refused a stadium expansion. 

Same thing happened to me, board seems happy renting out Ross County's stadium for our Euro matches.

I'm thinking of asking the board for a new stadium now we made a champions league group stage and have about 20 million in the bank.  After this season though, my reputation might get another half star.

(still stuck on lvl 1 youth recruitment :( )

Halfway point in the season for me, so far so good for our first year in the Bundesliga. Have really struggled against the top sides, been pummelled a few times, board doing my head in, was given no money at the start, squad is weaker than the one who won promotion last year, got couple of guys starting this year who didn't get a game for me in lower leagues. We are grinding it out though, and finished before the split with 2 huge wins against fellow strugglers Koln and Augsburg, which lifted us right up the table, but prior to that we were in the bottom 3-4 spaces most the season.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4802e0c33d1ce227a8534132b6f65632.png

But it's frustrating, almost a game AI thing, we have a miniscule budget, no transfer fee, and the prize money alone this year has with a 11million pound projection for end of the season, we will be rolling in it, but the board will not budge, can't sign/loan anyone, I've got bench full of kids who with the best will in the world are nowhere near enough. With a projection like that, and the way we are overperforming, the board wouldn't check me an extra million to just try and get a few bodies in? 

Spoiler

856497305_Screenshot(137).thumb.png.e2258008220537ac574e96c66295d3a4.png

So heavily reliant on our loanees too, none of which seem interested in coming back next year. 

Got to look at positives, we are 10th in Bundesliga, but feel we are doing it with one hand tied behind me back, it's almost forced me into a youth only season. Can't sign free agents as the signing on fee means it gets cancelled. Loans all want monthly fees, so I'm stuck with what I have! 

Anyone know of a way to change your club culture?  I've not seen any way when signing a new contract or a season expectations. 

Fun Update (I want the Scotland job)

image.png.2dd8b85f8879b3b7fad1be62e1a2f08b.png

Edited by Tyer

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 8 – Danske Bank Premier League – 1st

Squad – Key Player – Hot Prospect

image.png.2dc54bcea7d51efcb9c3b13811ba0c7a.png

Overview

Transfer Window:

Summer: With us going professional in the offseason, this transfer window was very important to position ourselves in a good position for long term success, tying down our better players to long term deals and being able to persuade players we might otherwise have missed out on to join.

With full-time contracts I was happier to spend money and we did so on 3 players, one of whom – Vukusic – returns to the club for a second spell after spending a long time on loan with us previously. Kurylowicz also came in to usurp the unlucky Kovacevic who is the leading club appearance maker in goal. The ‘record’ transfer however, goes to Ferguson as we strengthened one of our weaker positions, left back.

image.png.c1abda71fc22f7ceaaf9007a98a337a2.png

Most of the rest of the transfers were loan players who I’d hope would provide us a bit of depth (I wanted to focus on our own players for first choice). Two free transfers that stood out were Oliver and Watson who both came in to be star players in my squad.

image.png.af35a532e1c53f8a7aa0ba0065524722.png

Winter: Much the same as the second cohort of transfers in the summer, most signings here were completed with the aim of just adding a bit of depth to the first team squad more so than trying to bring in first choice players. 

Neither the summer window or winter window saw any major departures mainly just loaning a few players out. 

Europe: We didn’t have a great time in Europe this time out getting knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round (I thought we had the better of the tie too).

League: The league started fantastically after 7 games we found ourselves with 6 wins and a draw, yet were only 2nd at the time as Linfield won each of their opening 7 games without so much as conceding. Thankfully their 8th game was against us and we won quite comfortably. Our form didn’t relent at all with us eventually breaking the league records for both most consecutive wins (14) and most games without losing (30) which had stretched back to the season prior. Alas, our unbeaten run was eventually halted by Linfield with us putting up a limp performance.

In spite of losing here, it didn’t really knock the wheels of our campaign as we continued to go from strength to strength eventually winning the league by 15 points – even if we had a ‘poor’ run of form towards the end of the season, drawing 4 of our last 7. A comprehensive league victory.

Cup: We were completely dominant in the league this season, and largely that translated to our cup form, though we did lose in the league cup quarter final (incidentally our first domestic loss of the season) and it took us till extra time and penalties respectively to progress in the semi-final of both the County Antrim shield and Irish Cup. So could we convert two finals to two cup wins? Alas, no, we won the County Antrim Shield and lost the Irish Cup final, it’s a shame as it means we’ve yet to win either of the two main domestic cups.

Next Season

I need to continue to bring depth and quality to the squad but I’m happy enough that we will be challenging for the title again next season – even if currently I still feel Linfield have the better man for man squad. Whilst I want to strengthen, there are areas of the team I am very happy with which makes it to be a lot more focused window. Next season I also want to qualify for a European group stage, partially for the reputation boost but largely for the financial gains. We still only average around 130 home fans for most games the majority of our overall average attendance of 1241 being away fans.

Players of note

Brandon KavanaghHad a good half a season last term, this season he was a revelation for us 10 goals and 14 assists for us this season in the league from central midfield was for sure a huge part of our overall dominance.

Joshaun Oliver -  A free transfer in the summer, and a key part of a defence that only conceded 17 goals this season.

Ross WatsonSigned on the back of 3 goals last season for his previous team this season he scored exactly that many against them, alongside another 27 in the other games. I think my affiliation with Watson may be short as he has a relatively low release fee in his contract that he insisted on being there.

Youth Watch

I’ve decided to add a youth watch section now I actually have a few decent youth coming through.

Rhys GuppyOf last season’s intake he featured a decent chunk in the first team this season even if he wasn’t the most prolific for us, he looks to have a bright future nonetheless. He has attracted interest from English Championship teams so we could lose him if that continues.

Sam DoyleOf the same intake, Doyle also featured a lot this season offering cover for both left and right back. There are a few areas where I think he needs to improve a decent amount, but a handy back up nonetheless.

Overview

image.thumb.png.e784ed6b5ab1bbccfd66508b76bd7fe8.png

Edited by _JHTB_

image.png.dd7b1b21b641f57a3f47462cf8720272.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Moved leagues from last season into what looked a slightly weaker one. Started the season strongly and was in a 3 team fight for 1st place for most of the season. With 6 games to go the team was in 1st with only Team TG  in contention, however just 6 points from the last 6 games meant that the title was lost before the last game. Going into the 3 team playoff the 1st game was lost  5-2 away to Smedby and although the team beat Eskiltuna 4-2 at home the team finished 3rd and did not progress.

Finances continue to go down as wages increased.

Noori was brought in to replace Molander, with his spread of good and bad atttributes i was unsure how he would perform but he got better as the season went on to finish as the league top scorer. Up front i played youth product Nilsson as a DLP(a) who did really well and finished with the top assists for the league although he could have scored more.

The season started with my team as favorites and the board expecting to win the league.  With this mind the team started strongly again but for much of the season were only ahead of Kvarnsvedens on GD or 1 point. With 3 games to go my team thrashed them 4-0 to move 6 points ahead and then clinch the title.

Entered the swedish cup for the first time and played a div3 team Skiljebo in the 1st rd who i easily beat 3-0 away.  Faced superettan (2nd tier) team Ostersunds  in the 2nd rd who were struggling and moved the game to away but still only made 7K. Was easily beaten 0-2.

Finances dropped again along with a large decrease in attendance. As a result of the fall in monies i can only offer NC terms rather than youth and PT contracts before which is disappointing.

Again Noori was the league top scorer and Nilsson did well with more goals.

Kruger was suggested to me in a recruitment meeting and after trialling him i was able to sign him. This was in spite of 20 clubs following him during the trial but none offered a contract. Can improve a lot more the coaches say and will possibly not be at the club too long.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

3rd

Not entered

N/A

Mahmutaj (9)

Wede (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

6th

Not entered

N/A

Molander (14)

Chebil (12)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 N

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Noori (18)

Nilsson (23c) (11)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 N

1st

2nd Rd

N/A

Noori (20)

Wede (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

image.png.969c33985bdb55e33f5bfec54fd0372d.png

Overview

My second season with Lim-bun went amazingly well. So well I am top of the leader board at present for the league!  We continued to bring in desperate free players. I made some massive mistakes keeping hold of far too many rubbish players. IT seems ever 3 months I find a whole new level of player. The whole squad signed non contract for next season which is a blessing and a potential curse. Our financial position is diabolical. I find that is always the case until you hit the top in these files. The whole squad were excellent in general. FC Rosengard pushed us hard all the way and my first victory over them in 6 attempts helped us secure the title! 

Best XI

Key transfers

All transfers

Nordstrom

Manager

Aims:

Stay up in this division! 

Club Season League Position Europe Cups Info
Asarp-Tradet FK 2021-2022 Swedish Second Division North Gotaland 13th - - Sacked - Relegated
IK Linham Bunkeflo 2022-2023 Swedish Second Division South Gotaland 5th     First international cap: Hojbjerg (Denmark u19s)
IK Linham Bunkeflo 2023-2024 Swedish Second Division South Gotaland 1st     Promoted

aldojags

Season Review 2025/26

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Manager Profile | Club Vision | Finances | Facilities | Transfers

A successful first season in the Bundesliga, we were tipped to finish bottom with our miniscule budget compared to the rest of the league, and we had a respectable 12th placed finish. A lot of losses, and a lot of goals conceded (70 in 34 league games!), but we had a lot of joy against the bottom 5-6 teams, and if you beat the teams around you you probably won't go down. Of note, we also scored the 5th most goals in the league, which is pretty impressive! We also had an incredible late comeback 3-2 win over Dortmund near the end of the season! Lots of room for improvement, but if you offered me 12th at the start of the season I'd have bit your hand off. We have now moved into our new stadium ahead of the new season, and our facilities are being upgraded this year and will be maxed out after this, so infrastructure wise, the club is near perfect, I just need the financial muscle and reputation to get better players in, our squad reports have "good Bundesliga 2 player" from the coaches for most our starters, this is a team for the league below, but they outperformed even what I thought they could do.

Team

Mainly same team that won us promotion, board didn't really give us much to work with financially so left us going with what we had, which I wound up enjoying actually after my initial panic.

These players were my main starters....

GK - Beilica - got him on a free, attributes wise not much to look at, but he had a good year, and is going to the World Cup with Poland. Just offered him a big extension/pay rise as I like him.

RB - Either Dehm or Sernicola, both did well, but Dehm finished season with most assists in entire league - however, this is due to his long flat bullet throw, from which I reckon I got about 5 goals from this year. They may have "nerfed" the near post corner routine, but if you have a bullet throw taker, use it!

LB - Finnson, Icelandic international, steady player who can fill in at CM too.

CB's, Irore has decent year, and Baak was steady.

CM's - Kunze - steady presence on CM with a defend. Schallenberg - got him on a free from Munchengladbach, did well, and equally adept at CB. And last I loaned Kaczwarzski from Hertha Berlin, who started season amazing, but quickly fell off his crazy early season form, but still easily one of the best CM's I have, so I paid Hertha Berlin £1,5m for him at end of the season.

AM - Mackrekis - amazing season out of nowhere from the Latvian international. I signed him 2 tiers below this, barely used him, didn't rate him, he ended up playing this year as had no-one else to play in the number 10 role, and he excelled. Gave him a new deal. Goes against my judgement, I look at his attributes and fully expect a big drop off this year!

Forwards - Both loanees, Vuksanic from Inter - good year again (returning for a third year in a row this year again!) and Walczak - a Polish wonderkid from Bayer Leverkusen, who is not coming back, Leverkusen saying they will use him. He had a really good year, won European Golden Boy, and is going with my keeper to the World Cup with Poland. Shame I can't get him back, he'll be a huge miss. Also won German Newcomers of the year, I'm guessing young player of the year? So National and Continental recognition, desperate to keep him but not happening!

Youth Intake

Preview | Intake | Personalities

I changed my HOYD and got a reasonable intake, Meissner I think I'm going to use before long, he's nearly 2m tall so he'll be good at set pieces too, and will be happy with him either CM or CB, but he looks great I think!

Other ones I signed - Fichtner, Keifler, BlumerZimmerman, Frantsich,  

And whilst not part of this years intake, our squad was so thin this year, I had a few youngsters make appearances off the bench in Bundesliga, couple of them scored. None of them look up to much, but worth mentioning. Fruhuaf scored off the bench in his only appearance - was enough to win German U-17 player of the year! 1 goal and the award is his! Balzer played and scored - but is unhappy i didnt use him more and wants away - sold him to Koln. Kowaleski scored too, put us 1 nil up against Bayern before they beat us 4-1! Wagner looks ok? Mainly off the bench he was used, Rehman

Next season

Would just like more of the same, with perhaps not conceding 70 goals this time! But any where 12-15 will do me nicely. Still building up infrastructure, nowhere near good enough to challenge for Europe, but I don't think i'll go down, although I'm still the heavy favourite for the drop. But I don't see the promoted teams finishing above me (watch as I get relegated!)

Signed these guys to help - my budget was increased from £160k per week to £300k per week, but when every new signing and renewed contract wants £20k, the "extra" budget soon disappears! None of them are bonafide upgrades, but just a bit more depth and makes us less reliant on youths who are not ready.

Omabidele-Irish CB from Norwich.

Marco John - competition for left back.

Yordanov - Bulgarian striker who has banged them in Bulgarian Premier past few years, got him for free.

Petrov, another free from Bulgaria, more depth at the back.

El Kadiri - had a really good year for Volendam in Dutch 2nd tier last year, I think he'll give competition to Mackrekis for the number 10 role.

Stoisavljevic - paid £650k for this guy, going to use him as DLF.

Dorgeles - can play either as a 10 or the two top spaces, wont be a starter but decent depth for 10k p/w,

Season

Div

Pos

Cup

Ave Att

Europe

WC/Euros

ECC

EC

EC2

Ballon D’Or

Highest world transfer

2022/23

3. Liga

1st

N/A

N/A

WC - France 

Liverpool

Inter 

Atalanta

Mo Salah L'pool 

Youri Tielemans PSG (£82m)

2023/24

Bundesliga 2

8th

1st rd

N/A

Euros - England 

PSG

Milan 

Sevilla 

Mo Salah L'pool 

Lautaro Martinez PSG (£102m) 

2024/25

Bundesliga 2

2nd

2nd rd

N/A

Liverpool

Inter

Lille

Mo Salah L’pool

Joao Felix PSG (£124m)

2025/26

Bundesliga

12th 

2nd rd

N/A 

WC = TBC

Liverpool

Arsenal

Dortmund 

Erling Haaland Man City 

Yusuf Demir Chelsea (£103m) 

Edited by aldojags

I will likely come back to this save if I get an email back about my save being bugged or if I see something about it fixed in patch notes.

Doing the similar save but in England taking a newly promoted lvl 6 team over.  I got Nuneaton Boro.  

But hey, we got a Scottish Premiership trophy.  Can't take that away, but I do not want to push into trying to win Europe with a broken Youth Recruitment.

FK TYUMEN

fk-tyumen-logo-6CD70D3D09-seeklogo_com.png.81117a320bcd4cc791fbff93c509deff.png

Season 4– Tinkoff Russian Premier League – 9th

League Table

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Overview

I found this season really frustrating, one position and 2 points higher than our previous season but in my opinion a squad that should have improved a lot more.  We never really settled on the best system to use so it was all very muddled and inconsistent, never going to achieve much when you concede 65 goals in 30 games!  The only positive was we got our first major sale, Trajano leaving for Ajax for up to £6m, we reinvested the majority of it into our awful facilities.

Transfers

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Ended up signing too many foreign players which was stupid of me, so had to loan a few out.  Bergman looks very good but he spent the season on loan in Denmark, Sohrabi is a very promising left sided centre back too.  Spending £180k on Nigerian striker Larry Ahmed to not be able to register him was probably an error  :D  In fact we loaned back Trajano after selling him, but then signed a replacement so didn't register Trajano.

Key Players

Petr Kudakovskiy - I feel like I'll mention him on every update at this rate, really solid keeper

Rondinele Azevedo -  He's getting better and better, really feel he can go on and become a top top player, hopefully here!

Franklin Lerma - The Colombian got shunted around all over the place as we struggled to find a settled system, but he played pretty well no matter where we stuck him.

Next season

I've now sorted a new tactic out that I hope suits the players we have, I'm hoping with fewer transfers and a more settled team will lead to an improvement and possibly a journey in to the top half.  Won't get carried away though, we're still expected to go down.

18 hours ago, aldojags said:

@_JHTB_Great season, agree Watson could be away before long with a season like that he looks like could league football in England, 

I've managed to keep hold of him this summer which is huge for us, hopefully I'll be able to persuade him into a new contract with a higher, or preferably no, release clause. 

My save could be coming to an abrupt end though, as we've a rumoured takeover where one of the proposed parties wants to replace me as manager, we don't like Dean Farrelly

image.png.bdbd983ff25dddbc9dfe280e47bec920.png

19 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

I've managed to keep hold of him this summer which is huge for us, hopefully I'll be able to persuade him into a new contract with a higher, or preferably no, release clause. 

My save could be coming to an abrupt end though, as we've a rumoured takeover where one of the proposed parties wants to replace me as manager, we don't like Dean Farrelly

image.png.bdbd983ff25dddbc9dfe280e47bec920.png

They always say that, not sure i've seen a human manager actually get replaced.

The Spartans FC Logo.png

The Spartans - Scotland - 2023/2024

Solid enough progress, definitely improved from season 1. Only moved up one spot in League 2 to 6th, but finished with 10 more points and improved our goal differential by 22. Went into the final game of the season with a shot at the playoffs but it wasn't to be this year. Finished the season without a loss at home so that was fairly impressive. Lots of draws though.

League Table

Premier Sports Cup

This cup always makes for a difficult start to the season at this level. In our first shot at it we were grouped with Hibernian, St. Mirren, Rangers B and Annan. Finished last in our group with a win over Annan salvaging a bit of pride in our last game.

SPFL Trust Trophy

Disappoint result here exiting in the first round on a shootout loss to Livingston U21s.

Scottish Cup

Actually managed a decent run here. Handled Berwick easily enough 3-1, then got drawn with Greenrock Morton out of the Championship. Played a good game at their place and managed a draw with a 95th minute goal, then hung with them through regulation time at 2-2 and beat them in extra time as Blair Henderson completed his hat trick. Our run came to a crashing end at Premier side Motherwell, losing 2-6.

Key Players

Blair Henderson led the way this season scoring 22 goals, including 18 in the league to be the leading scorer.

Daniel Baur continued to be one the leading defenders in the league while netting 4 goals and adding 2 assists.

DR Aaron Dunsmore was our top new player, filling in for Craig Thomson, who decided to retire. Better defense, less offense.

AMC Bryan Mwangi led the team in assists with 8. On loan from Motherwell, don't think I'm bringing him back as he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot.

Youth Intake

Another decent looking one with ST Ryan O'Donnell being the player I'm most excited about. We could use some speed at striker and work ethic and. determination and leadership to go with, I can see him getting some playing time next season. 

Finances

Doing well enough, staying out of the red. Sitting at 165K after season place money was awarded.

Looking Ahead

Playoffs are definitely the goal after getting so close. Still need to figure out how to tighten up our defense, we didn't have a clean sheet in any of our last 15 games. I have some ideas how to fix it though. One big need is creativity in the midfield, especially the points of our diamond. Hoping to find something on the loan market. Strikers and defense are pretty well set.

Edited by Tecmo

6 hours ago, Thebaker said:

They always say that, not sure i've seen a human manager actually get replaced.

5 hours ago, aldojags said:

agreed, I've had threats like this in past and providing things on an even keel and doing well enough they don't replace you.

3 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

I think it's coded in the game that you won't get replaced if it's the team you started with

3 hours ago, TheRailwaymen said:

Same here. Never been sacked from that message. Let us know!

They must have realised it wasn't helping their takeover chances to sack a club legend. They then instead decided to promise to purchase 2 players as part of the takeover which seemed to work. Both players actually turned us down due to not offering them enough wages, so the new owners are off to a bad start for promises. 

I am glad that they turned us down as I didn't want either as they weren't even better than my existing players - yet the owner offered them wages that were 3 times more than our highest earner. They have at least agreed to improve our youth facilities, so at least some positive out of it. 

Another attempt, this time in Germany.

Club Introduction

Rot-Weiss Essen

EoBSvhR.png

The Manager

This is me.

uTTa9OY.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Top                   Average          Adequate           National   (2.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.dd7b1b21b641f57a3f47462cf8720272.png

This was a frustrating season where the team were in most games and had the 4th most shots on goal and the 2nd most CCC in the league, but failed to put them away. Defensively they also were poor in the 2nd half of the season 3 times losing 2 goal leads. After spending most of the season in midtable a 6 match winless run dropped the team to just outside the relegation playoff on GD. Only 1 loss in the last 5 combined with beating Karlslunds 4-1 in the 29th game meant that the team survived with a game to go.

Finances continue to seep out, not being in the swedish cup did not help even if there is not any prize money.

Failed to bring any decent strikers and ended with no AMR for the season. My FB Nauska ended the season playing there with some success although the backup at RB was poor.

Up front i ended up moving Kruger to a DLP from midfield. He agreed to another season which was a surprise as he is rated as good for the league above.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

3rd

Not entered

N/A

Mahmutaj (9)

Wede (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

6th

Not entered

N/A

Molander (14)

Chebil (12)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 N

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Noori (18)

Nilsson (23c) (11)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 N

1st

2nd Rd

N/A

Noori (20)

Wede (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

D1 N

11th

Not entered

N/A

Noori (11)

Kruger (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

2 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Tecmo how many teams get into the playoffs, 2 or 3?  You dont look too far off. Spartans have pretty good facilities for scotland if i remember.

3 in the playoffs against the 9th place team from League 1. If we had won our final game and Stirling lost we would have been in the playoffs, so yes, very close.

Spartans did seem to get a boost to their facilities this year, the academy coaching is good and everything else is adequate. Hopefully my intake will start making an impact this season. My backup right fullback came from my first youth intake.

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 9 – Danske Bank Premier League – 1st

Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.thumb.png.adfe183e808843e5da1c4985b5964acb.png

Overview

Transfer Window:

Summer: In general, I was happy with my squad from last season, just a few areas that I wanted to bring in depth – especially with some loanees returning to their parent club. Our window started us with us raiding Dungannon Swifts for their two best players Luz and Crooks, the other players arriving before the league ticked over just squad players and future prospects.

image.png.76ae69f5ad79f7c41bbc612dc285b2d0.png

The rest of the summer did see us bring in a decent number of players, but most were squad players, the exceptions being Anyamele and Smogoyi at the end of their contracts from Bristol City and Chelsea respectively. We also had some quite large outlays this summer, which in hindsight were probably a waste – Catton looks a good striker for the level but he’s not as good as our best player in Watson.

image.png.0c1d2212776c345730212cea15e6365a.png

Winter: I was happy with the squad coming into the midseason window so only really brought in a couple of players to bolster the squad both on loan. Kaue came in from Palmeiras and Atta from Reading. Atta did pick up a major injury before the season ended so did end up being recalled (in truth he had barely played).

As has been the case in all other seasons, we didn't have any major outgoings, just a few players out on loan and a few signing elsewhere at the end of their contracts.

Europe: We progressed fairly comfortably through the first two qualifiers in the Champions League before being drawn against Legia Warszawa in the next, they proved to strong for us, though we did give them a good tie, only losing 2-1 on aggregate. We then won our playoff tie against Maribor to secure us group stage of the Europa League for the first time.

We got a tough group unfortunately (they’d all be tough for us in general but there were better ones) Bayer Leverkusen, Red Bull Salzburg and Basel were our opponents. Inexplicably, we did actually start with a win, 3-1 against Basel which was very much deserved. But both ties against both Leverkusen and Salzburg ended in us losing, but only by one or two which was promising. In our last game we had to just avoid defeat, or only lose narrowly to Basel and we’d qualify for the Europa Conference League knockouts, unfortunately, we decided to put our worse performance of the campaign as we succumbed to a 3-0 loss to see us out of Europe.

League: We were very good in the league in spite of playing so many games due to Europe, my squad is starting to become a bit stronger in it’s depth so I was able to rotate out players and still maintain a strong team. In fact, after 22 games we’d won all but 3 which we had instead drawn, 2 of which we should have comfortably won based on our xG in the games. I was dreaming of an unbeaten season as we carried on, but 4 games from the end (with our first choice keeper out injured and our back up carrying a knock) we conceded more than once in a game for the first time in the season domestically as we lost 3-2 to Linfield (who were actually still mathematically in with a chance at the title). A disappointing time to lose, but we did go on to secure back to back titles in our very next game.

Cup: Our dominance in the league was covered in our cups for the first half of the campaign as we went on to secure the victory in both the league cup and the County Antrim Shield. Unfortunately, we did lose our first game domestically in the 6th round of the Irish Cup to divisional rivals Glentoran leaving the Irish Cup the only major domestic trophy we haven’t won.

Next Season

We’re at the stage now where I need to continue to qualify for the group stages of Europe, partially so that we can stay afloat – our wage bill exceeds our income especially due to poor home attendance – but also so we can raise the countries coefficient and eventually get an easier route into European group stages. Eventually we will have to start trying to improve other teams within our league so they can help with that, but, next season I’m hoping to manage to complete an unbeaten season.

In transfer terms, I’m extremely happy with most areas of my squad with only a couple of positions in my mind needing strengthening:  goalkeeper - despite barely conceding I don’t think we’re as strong as we could be here - and defensive midfield – I am happy with who I have here, but feel of the starting XI is the area where we are weakest.

Players of note

Ross WatsonSuch a good player for us, equalled his league tally from last season despite playing 9 less games scoring 30 in 26. I managed to tie him down to a new contract this season which increased his release fee to £10Mn so I’m not going to have to sell him for cheap when he inevitably attracts interest.

Miguel Luz -  A free transfer in the summer from a divisional rival, 8 goals and 15 assists from the right wing he cemented himself key player for us. His pace certainly a huge asset for us.

Stuart CrooksSigned alongside Luz, Crooks came in and immediately found himself in the starting eleven, in spite of central defense being a stronger area of the team. Ever dependable at the back for us this season, only 0.45 team goals conceded per 90. I’m worried I could lose him as he only has a £400k release fee which I think would be a bargain. I am hopeful I may be able to agree a new deal this summer though.

Youth Watch

Rhys GuppyGuppy probably suffered from Luz’s arrival and didn’t play as much as a result, but he still played a good chuck of games for us 5 goals and 6 assists in the league from only 8 starts. He’s been subject to a few bids from Championship sides, but none close to tempting me to let him go. He could actually end up serving as a back up to Watson up front next season as I feel he could do a job up front as well as on the wing.

Sam DoyleI thought Guppy was the better prospect than Doyle, but the latter has established himself as my first choice right back this season. Like Guppy he has started attracting interest, but we haven’t received any bids for him yet.

Matthew MulliganActually from the intake prior to Doyle and Guppy, Mulligan spent the season on loan at Annagh United, he didn’t have a great time of it, but that was more down to Annagh being not very good. He could find himself as a back up in our team next season – though I am tempted to loan him out again so he can get game time.

Pat DalyAnother player on loan at Annagh, but honestly had a decent enough season, 10 goals for them, which considering they only scored 30 in total is a good showing. Like Mulligan, I’m unsure if he’ll stay as back up, or if I secure him another loan to continue his development.

Overview

image.thumb.png.0bcacd181647a54902cc7a8d3770ab24.png

great season @_JHTB_like the look of some of that squad, all very young too, looks like you have the domestic situation worked out, just need to push on in Europe, which will be harder being from a smaller league but sounds like you're not far away, just need a wee bit more of a hand with the co-efficient and the league reputation etc. Great progress 

2 hours ago, aldojags said:

looks like you have the domestic situation worked out, just need to push on in Europe, which will be harder being from a smaller league but sounds like you're not far away

Think it'll still be a while before we're somewhat competent in Europe, we're still only 2 star reputation which in the grand scheme of things is well down  the pecking order. Domestically I don't see any issues in the coming seasons though, only really Linfield that could potentially have the ability to win the league. What is my main worry is that other than the games against the bigger teams we don't get much in terms of attendance, our biggest victory this season was a 10-0 home win in which there were 149 home supporters. I really need that to improve going forward.

2 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

One of these teams is not like the others..

image.png.58b50e41ebfc88dd24e21a3f2cadf360.png

Managed to navigate the Champions League qualification, I don't rate our chances of picking up even a point.

You will definitely have the domestic  comps sown up now. Surely you can improve facilities and scout around the world to pick up the cheap players who will make the difference with the financial windfall. Although i'm not sure how brexit works these days in fm so maybe that is less of an option, may have to raid english u19 squads.

FK TYUMEN

fk-tyumen-logo-6CD70D3D09-seeklogo_com.png.f9ebbe8de3125ca0b0873d106d079231.png

Season 5– Tinkoff Russian Premier League – 5th

League Table

Overview

Same old story, really think we should be better than this but I think I'm getting my tactics all wrong.  Just get absolutely done by the big sides every time.

Transfers

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Same old story with transfers too, made a nice profit but we are losing money at a rapid rate every season.  There's sod all TV money in the Russian League unfortunately.

Key Players

Silas Nwankwo - Can't complaint about a 20 goal season

Ronildinele Azevedo - Another class season from the Brazilian Midfielder

Petr Kudakovskiy - Another solid season from the keeper

Edited by The Art of Drowning

FK TYUMEN

fk-tyumen-logo-6CD70D3D09-seeklogo_com.png.1006202275d0198822769d3a38b3b969.png

Season 6– Tinkoff Russian Premier League – 5th

League Table

Overview

This is starting to get a bit frustrating :D  Same old same old again, we were 3rd going in to the final run in but royally cocked it up to end up in 5th.  5th last season got us into the Conference League playoffs where we beat a couple of joke sides before getting thumped by Bournemouth.  A 94th minute free kick conceded against Lokomotiv has ruined a higher finish for us.  Really need to improve tactically though, clearly doing something wrong.

Transfers

Silas Nwankwo - Another 20 goal season for the Nigerian

Sergey Schechtin - Signed in the 23/24 season as a kid from the Akaedemia Konopleva for the bargain price of £160, is now a regular on the left side of our defence

Ivan Flores - The Mexican was a free transfer, I've been playing him as a left footed inside forward on the right, starting to think it might be worth trying to go 4-4-2 though and get a strike partnership going.

19 hours ago, Thebaker said:

You will definitely have the domestic  comps sown up now. Surely you can improve facilities and scout around the world to pick up the cheap players who will make the difference with the financial windfall. Although i'm not sure how brexit works these days in fm so maybe that is less of an option, may have to raid english u19 squads.

Yeah, I'm now able to scout worldwide so have started bringing some South American flair to Belfast, though Brexit rules are a bit of a limiter in who I can bring in. I'm still trying not to go too wild with wages though as although we're in the Champions League this season we still have to navigate the qualifiers each season so we can't rely on that income.

16 hours ago, aldojags said:

Amazing @_JHTB_and yeh dont worry about it even if you get hammered that money will bankroll you for years to dominate domestically. Well done man

I had forgotten how much more you get for the Champions League compared to the Europa League. However, for the long term I think it would have been better us getting into the Europa League instead. As we are not going to win (or likely even draw) any games, we will only pick up the coefficient points from qualifying for the Group Stages whereas in the Europa we are more likely to win and get more coefficient points. So despite us being in the better competition overall it's worse off for the nation as a whole.

@The Art of Drowning I feel the league path qualifiers for Europe are really quite tough to navigate. Hopefully the other teams in the league are doing well enough in Europe to help you get better qualifying slots going forward. Also, despite you both getting less points and finishing in the same position the last two seasons, I don't think you're actually that far off from a title challenge, converting a few draws to wins and losses to draws should have you there or there abouts.

Nwankwo has developed quite a bit over the last year, hopefully he continues to fire in the goals for you

Cortes.png.a72d329e45ef3dee4bdce67e9ea66f81.png

The team:

After multiple reloads, i've decided to start my journey with CD cortes. 

Founded in 1927, CD Cortes play in the town of Cortes in Navarre. 

While finding out about them was a task and half, they are relatively active on social media. 

This is their Facebook page

Based on their FB account, they currently play in the 5th tier of spain which names them eligible for the save.

cortes_stadi.jpg.566ecfb2cddf37090ebe4b4c8852273e.jpg

This is probably their stadium, called the San Francisco Javier on FM. A 1000 capacity stadium and it looks quite neat based on the pictures. The pitch is however a synthetic pitch. 

Club Overview:

1078344578_Screenshot(91).thumb.png.4c1292ccbb9ec766bfbfac2b8a069fa8.png

Club History:

1651152377_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.76553903fd7e8c4a9b10c17b17f0c594.png

My main reason for choosing this club, its an old club but at the same time it pretty much an empty slate to write your own story. 

League history shows no signs of a promotion

However club background does 

58202980_Screenshot(93).thumb.png.222f95a98898756c51d72cbbabfe56c4.png

The Squad:

1374276201_Screenshot(94).thumb.png.e7babc9f57c3e7f6b64a642f4cde118b.png

As you can see, not much in the form of a squad. Plenty of work left to be done. 

The manager:

1549197341_Screenshot(96).thumb.png.215b89fbd0818466c46205a9f80f5c74.png

700526585_Screenshot(95).thumb.png.0091d811b4e9fd1ebfa55ef6c8ba6a2b.png

I went with what the game thought was default for CD Cortes and just redistributed the attributes as per my liking