FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/12/2021 at 19:21, Tyer said:

If anyone wants to do this challenge starting now.  I would highly suggest picking a nation with relaxed registration rules like Poland or Austria.  Scotland is a pain dealing with Brexit.

Really annoying finding a nice cheap player in Peru and not being able to sign and play him. 

And it's impossible to tell the board 'Hey, if we had a junior affiliate, we could bring in some of these youngsters, loan them out for a couple years, and then next contract we should be able to play them first team.

Sign him without a work permit.  Loan him to a club in the top seven leagues.  After half a season or so, he gets a work permit.

Mid season update:

We went 9 games without a win, but have 2 on the bounce. We might survive... 

Currently in the relegation playoff spot, in touch of the sides above. Getting a team together is a lot harder on this version than FM19 which I have come from! 

Edited by TheRailwaymen

FK TYUMEN

fk-tyumen-logo-6CD70D3D09-seeklogo_com.png.8d4afcf4f345e02c043db985fe8f500e.png

Season 1 – Olimp-Russian Football Championship – 8th

League Table

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Overview

So I decided to take on this challenge in Russia, Siberian side FK Tyumen were the pick of the bunch mainly due to me liking their black kit.  I've been researching the club just now and seen someone as done and English language real life YouTube series on them which is pretty cool: 

Away from the real world we had a fairly mixed opening season, struggling in the relegation zone at the beginning but picking up some form in the later stages which meant we survived quite easily in the end.  We signed a lot of very young players (15, 16 year olds) from academy clubs, most notably Akademia Futbola imeni Yuriya Konopleva, some of them look really promising but have appalling personalities, a couple of them are apparently spineless :D  

Anyway we gave them a lot of game time even though they were nowhere near ready in the hope that they will develop quicker and become better players over the next year or 2.  With that in mind I'm hoping with some half decent business we might be able to get a side capable of reaching the playoffs, but in reality I'd take a similar finish again.  We started the season with about £3m in the bank and are now in the red so that won't help.

Transfers

As I mentioned, quite a lot of young players signed from that academy side with a ridiculous name, some of them have developed better than others.  We're allowed to register 4 foreign players, these have been filled with the following new signings

Ivan Vukčevi - Striker from Montenegro

Srđan Krstović - Midfielder from Montenegro

Mamadou Camara - Striker from Mali

Musa Qurbanlı - Attacking Midfielder from Azerbaijan 

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Key Players

Vyacheslav Trufanov - One of the good ones to come from that academy side and now a regular in our central midfield, think he can develop into a very good player in Russia

Ivan Vukčevi - I think our Montenegro striker actually underperformed for us, hoping for a few more goals next year.

Srđan Krstović - Our key man in central midfield, our games often went to pot when he tired out and had to be subbed.  The only player we have who breaks the £3k p/w wage cap.

Petr Kudakovskiy - Our main goalkeeper has a lot of potential, he joined us on a free after being released from Levante B

Edited by The Art of Drowning

16 hours ago, Tyer said:

Good luck in Champions league qualification!  I assume it will be tough but if you can get a group stage in a couple years that's like 20 million dollars.

15 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

@_JHTB_Amazing effort to win the league, well done. Hopefully you can get some money at least out of your European adventure next season.

I think it would be a really tough ask to reach the group stages even within a couple seasons, we enter in the 1st qualifiers so there's 4 ties to navigate to qualify which, given our relative quality, I don't see happening. But hopefully we can at least generate some money from the competition. (though we're quite comfortable on money given I don't really have anything to spend it on)

@Tyer A great season for you too, European football in both our teams future - 27 league goals for your top scorer is a great return too!

12 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Sign him without a work permit.  Loan him to a club in the top seven leagues.  After half a season or so, he gets a work permit.

I have been trying this, but unable to secure any loans.  Maybe I don't have any relations with clubs outside of Scotland, I'm not sure.

Board won't let me get a junior affiliate either.  Overall, my board is very unambitious.  It's the major bummer on this save so far, they don't invest back into the club.  Still sitting in a 3000 sitter stadium.

(Edit:  It actually worked going to offer to all nations in those nations instead of just generic offer to club, in the second tab.)  Got about 15 offers. 

Edited by Tyer

Our European qualification campaign went way better than I could have anticipated, even if I don't really understand how our first two ties were as comfortable as they were for us, especially in the second leg against APOEL as we were down to 10 men from the 4th minute. The games against Malmo and Nordjaelland were how I was expecting our European journey to go, tough games which we were very comfortably second best. Given we won the first two ties in spite of losing the next two, we managed to qualify for the group stages of the Euro II cup. 

Other than the monetary benefits, I think that us qualifying is a bad thing for us as I think we'll end up losing all our games and in turn causing us to have a downturn in morale (which has already started from the qualification campaign) which will spill over into the league, but time will tell.

image.png.d9fa7c660f51ab1dd925fdacaf8d0675.png

57 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

Our European qualification campaign went way better than I could have anticipated, even if I don't really understand how our first two ties were as comfortable as they were for us, especially in the second leg against APOEL as we were down to 10 men from the 4th minute. The games against Malmo and Nordjaelland were how I was expecting our European journey to go, tough games which we were very comfortably second best. Given we won the first two ties in spite of losing the next two, we managed to qualify for the group stages of the Euro II cup. 

Other than the monetary benefits, I think that us qualifying is a bad thing for us as I think we'll end up losing all our games and in turn causing us to have a downturn in morale (which has already started from the qualification campaign) which will spill over into the league, but time will tell.

image.png.d9fa7c660f51ab1dd925fdacaf8d0675.png

That's what I'm going through.  I made the Euro II group stage pretty easily, but my group is pretty tough.  All my extra budget isn't going towards improving the team, just making it deeper and basically signing a B team for other games.  At least no one is complaining about playing time.  2 games every week is tough on a small budget

I don't think I've been sacked since FM2006 :(

I'm holidaying to reset day to get a new club :)

Table

Season isn't really worth reviewing. Everyone was rubbish, and we couldn't do enough to stay up. This is my first save though, so not expecting miracles. :)

Club Season League Position Europe Cups Info
Åsarp-Trädet FK 2021-2022 Swedish Second Division North Gotaland 13th - - Sacked - Relegated

Edited by TheRailwaymen

11 hours ago, Tyer said:

2 games every week is tough on a small budget

Especially if you're only allowed non-contract players who can just leave at any point they want. It's a bit frustrating in the league at the moment for me, as we do not get our Saturday games rescheduled to Sunday despite playing European games on Thursday nights - the current league stats have me massively frustrated though. We're actually still playing well enough to win our games, just the team isn't bothering actually scoring our chances. I can already write of retaining our title which is annoying - I'm just hopeful the £4 million we now have in the bank from our European Journey is enough to convince the board to go professional.

image.png.03ecb3402058b1bb7f24debe57057ce2.png

@TheRailwaymen Find a club with a better rep to start with as it can make it much easier. Also immediately look for young players from the top division clubs, they will have been around for a month by the reset date but there should still be some, physical attributes are everything at that level.

@Thebaker I have been offered a job with the only club promoted without a manager. Sadly their reputation is definitely worse and they are expected to fight bravely against relegation.

Had to go to work. Tonight I will start the released player trial factory. Hopefully recruitment will go better this time but we shall see. I'll lean into physical attributes where possible. 

Despite being sacked I kinda like that I've got a bit of history on this file haha. I have no staff so I need to get that sorted first. 

FK TYUMEN

fk-tyumen-logo-6CD70D3D09-seeklogo_com.png.02b65ae8a0da4efad214c46ad47d7cb4.png

Season 2– Olimp-Russian Football Championship – 1st

League Table

Overview

Well I wasn't expecting that, a fairly easy route to being champions, I think we won something like our opening 10 games.  The Russian 2nd tier is really enjoyable, I love that you can use 5 substitutes in a match as it's a great opportunity to give youth players a lot of minutes.    We've poached some really good young players for minimal fees from smaller academy sides and have had a few decent ones come through of our own so it's great to be able to give them so much game time.  Unfortunately the HOYD I brought in (A Portuguese guy from China) has since been poached himself.   Also unfortunate is that the Premier league only allows 3 subs, will try and give the youngsters more minutes still though, especially as the likes of Krstovic have said they won't sign a new deal with just a year left on the current one.

Transfers

Quite a lot of numbers have come in but most of them are promising young players to go into our youth teams (Including newly former B side).  We did improve our defence with a couple of loan signings but the only real first team signings were making the loans of Kolesnichenko and Kutitskiy permanent.

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Key Players

Petr Kudakovskiy - Another fantastically solid season from the former Levante B Goalkeeper

Mamadou Camara - An improvement on last season for the Malian striker, he's been a bit sulky going into the new season so not sure what the future will be for him.

Srdan Krstovic - The Montenegro Midfielder was our best player, but he's refusing to sign a new deal with a year left :(  Transfer listed him now but nobody is willing to bid for him yet.

Brora Rangers 28/29

Improvement!  3rd place this year (one better than last year).  Europa league qualification, one better than last year.  Only a couple points off Celtic and champions league qualification.

Board let us improve some facilities.  I worry our Youth recruitment is bugged as we have the absolute worst and the board will never improve it.

Made the 2nd knockout round in Euro Cup II.  Beaten by Sevilla.  (we thumped PSV in knockout round 1)

Overall pretty happy this year, cemented in the top half of the premiership and the team is slowly improving.  Actually seeing some of these players improve...Actually have a couple players worth in the 10 Million range.  

image.png.23169a4c6bc33c74e0aeba79d6963308.png

image.png.e609a13b86cbba4966833ea9edf849bf.png

aldojags

Season Review 2024/25

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Manager Profile | Club Vision | Finances | Transfers

Bundesliga here we come!! 2nd placed finish, went straight to the wire, and we did enough to sneak over the line, romping 4-0 on last day of season whilst Nurnberg lost at home Union Berlin, allowing us to sneak into 2nd. just missing out on league title to Arminia Bielefield, but I'm not too bothered, just delighted to win promotion. Not so enthusiastic about what Bayern Munich will do to us next year, but we'll worry about that nearer the time!

Had a really inconsistent patchy first half of the season, playing usually a 4-2-4 system, or 4-3-3 with DM and 2 wingers, but I had no consistency at all, especially from my lightweight powderpuff wingers, and my one strength is I had pretty decent CMs, so I went for a 4312, and it turned my season around, just had my full backs on attack, and my 3 central midfielders gave us a good base to build from, was enough to get some consistency and we put together a good run from January which took us from about 8th to 2nd.

We're building a new stadium, will be ready in a year. I love when you get to a point in save where the exciting stuff like this starts happening. Also - for 2nd season in a row - no TV revenue, does anyone who's managed in Germany before know if this is right? Maybe built into prize money?

Team

I thought I'd recognise the starting 11 plus 1 or 2 others given the monumental achievement!

Woltemade - 3rd season in a row on loan from Bremen, amazing again, but they want to play him next year so it's farewell. Walczak/Vuksanic were his partner, both also on loan, both back next season!

Mackrelis - the anomaly of the save so far, not much to look at attributes wise, but he rarely lets us down wherever he's played. 

Forster - free from Stuttgart, played as box to box, was solid. Kunze- payed 200k for him, just wanted a steady guy in middle, played as CM on defend. Gono - on loan from Leverkuson, CM on attack, trying to get him back but no luck so far

Finnsson - my favourite player of the save so far, so consistent, and signed a new deal.   Irore - on loan from Karlsruhe,  I'm signing him on a free. Djordevic - on loan from Partin Belgrade, can't get back, was great though.  Dehm - solid right back

Beilica - on loan from Freiburg, and I've signed him on a free coming in summer.

Youth Intake

Preview

Signed players - Sasha Patz, Albert BauckMoritz Geyer, Jens Hofler

Rehmann & Tauer made couple of appearances from bench, are probably best prospects I have. I always want to develop youth but the pressure for results is too much that I can't get them in the team!

Next Season

Been tasked with fight bravely against relegation - which I like as it usually means you won't get fired if you go down? Hopefully can keep us up but we'll see. Doing the usual and using all the funds to put into infrastructure, now have exception junior coaching, excellent recruitment, and good facilities all round. They haven't given me much extra in the kitty - £160k per week wage budget and £1.7m to spend....so it's going to be more journeymen bosmans and loans I think to keep us up. Looking forward to trying though! Have this stupid "sell before you buy" thing in club vision - which given I don't really have any assets doesn't make sense, it's a team of loanees and journeymen!

Only player I have lined up (besides the loans/bosmans mentioned above) is this guy from Borrussia Monchengladback - he looks pretty good he'll be regular starter for me I'm sure, and a good age.

Season 

Div 

Pos 

Cup 

Ave Att 

Europe 

WC/Euros 

ECC 

EC 

EC2 

Ballon D’Or 

Highest world transfer 

2022/23

3. Liga

1st

N/A

N/A

WC - France 

Liverpool

Inter 

Atalanta

Mo Salah L'pool 

Youri Tielemans PSG (£82m)

2023/24

Bundesliga 2

8th

1st rd

N/A

Euros - England 

PSG

Milan 

Sevilla 

Mo Salah L'pool 

Lautaro Martinez PSG (£102m) 

2024/25

Bundesliga 2

2nd

2nd rd

N/A

Liverpool

Inter

Lille

Mo Salah L’pool

Joao Felix PSG (£124m)

Edited by aldojags

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 7 – Danske Bank Premier League – 2nd

Transfers Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.png.2342f7a3771feff08f0e04bf7857be41.pngimage.png.5523564a398f5b2118585105a17764c6.png

Overview

This was the first summer where we didn’t lose any of our players from factors out of our control aside from a couple of loan players who rejected extensions. Most of our summer signings were actually to add depth to the squad rather than add quality to our first team. Overall a fairly tame transfer window even if we did bring in a decent number of people.

Europe: Most of my European journey has covered already, but to recap, we managed to secure passageway into the Europa Conference League group stage by virtue of winning two of our Champions League qualifier ties we had secured group stage European football, just happened to lose the next two ties which meant it would be the Conference League.

It started pretty well, a victory and a good draw which saw us top the group after two games. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got for us as we ended up losing all our remaining group games, generally with disappointing performances.

League: After our early start to the season for European football, our players were perhaps suffering in fitness terms as we had a pretty poor start to the season not picking up wins, only amassing 10 points from our opening 9 games. Thankfully we did follow it up with 4 successive wins to try and kick start our season before another couple losses.

Those latter loss (in game 15) ended up being our last in the league of the season – it also was close to our last European game. A sensational end to the season of either draws or wins as we actually put ourselves in with a slim chance of retaining our title (in spite me previously stating we had no chance) at separate occasions this season we were 12 points behind two different league leaders yet ended up only 5 points behind eventual champions Linfield. What was a huge positive was us winning all 5 Champions Group games without conceding giving us an altogether successful season.

Cup: Not the best showing in both the County Antrim shield and the League cup, the latter we did at least lose to League winners Linfield in the Quarter Final as opposed to a lower league team. The Irish cup worked out well for us though as we made it all the way to the final, though did have 3 lower league teams enroute. Ultimately we did lose in the final, but our best showing in the competition so far. We did also lose the All-Ireland Champions Cup.

Next Season

We’re going professional this summer which is a huge bonus. This summer is massively important as I look to fully start building the squad with the future in mind opposed to only really signing first team ready players (though that’ll still be the immediate aim).  Whilst our finances would benefit from reaching the group stages in Europe again I would probably prefer not to for this season just to give me time to build the squad properly without having to get big depth signed up straight away.

Players of note

Joel Lynch  One of the exceptions to my summer signings in that he went straight into the first team. However, he did have to be trained to play as a right winger where I utilised him, but he performed well there – 14 goals and 10 assists in the league is a good haul.  

Brandon KavanaghSigned in the January window so didn’t participate in our European adventure but in his 14 league games for us he played an important part in our late season surge – a goal and 6 assists as well.

Bradley Dallas -  On loan this season up front and had a good season by all accounts. He was liable to go missing at times, but managed 19 league goals (30 goals in all competitions).  

Overview

image.thumb.png.1d6847a45b1d4254a7abbb2325d2b44d.png

@The Art of Drowning Great season for you there, comfortably top of the league as well. Hopefully you can manage the step up well and forge on upwards.

@Tyer Getting to the knockouts is really good going especially having come through the qualifiers, but after winning 9-0 away if you didn't get out the group stages it would have been something. Shame about the youth recruitment, hopefully just stingy board than a bug as at least a stingy board can be eventually won round.

@aldojags What a close promotion race that is, and what a way to secure it on the last day. I don't think I've seen the 'Sell before you buy' club vision item before, but at least it's only a preferred rather than required one. Plus, I'd guess that if you get decent money from the Bundesliga they'll eventually get rid of it

I believe it is a bug, I did some research into it and in FM21 alot of people got stuck at level 1 (including Zealands Oriental Dragon save), it was suggested to improve it by one level in the editor to unbreak it.  But I don't have an editor for this one, and I'm pretty sure I set it up to be unable to be fixed that way...there's no reason the board would give nothing for that.  When they spend millions improving youth facilities.  

Someone said if you come from certain areas it can be really hard to improve (Brora is extremely northern scotland) maybe it's coded into the game that area has poor recruitment no matter what.  

I've also read it could be tied to finances and reputation.  My finances are secure tho, and my reputation is 2.5 stars, national.  We will see if those improve what I can get.  If it's really bugged that's a huge bummer as one of my favorite parts of a save is getting good youth systems and bringing up my own players 

@Tyer that would be a huge letdown I agree, I love building up your facilities hoping for a stud to come through the ranks.

I agree there may be something written in that they are too rural to have a local set up, but there are English Premiership clubs that have a presence in Scotland/other countries recruiting for them outwith their local place.

Maybe an affiliate arrangement to get  foreign youngster through? I had a save in FM21 where I had affiliates all over the place when I was Partick Thistle manager, had Uruguayans coming through due a relationship I had with Defensor Sporting I think it was.

Could be worth a try?

@_JHTB_your strikers are a strange combo - in that you have a 6'5 striker with poorer heading than your 5'11 other guy! Who's the big one and who's the little one!?

Worth a shot, I've been loaning out youngsters from South America to Portugal trying to get work permits for them, so maybe getting a affilate would be nice for that.  And finding their youngsters

Although a problem I've found it these youngsters aren't going to find time in the highest leagues in the top 7 leagues, so they are playing in the lower leagues, I don't think that helps their work permit chances, but I'm trying.

I mean, it has to be a bug, why do this but keep youth recruitment at the lowest possible level?  It was also suggested to try and get in the club vision to 'sign and develop youngsters for the first team." maybe that will work next year if I can get that in the vision.

image.png.132f8770bdac926f6ec0338783801ad5.png

Edited by Tyer

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

I've also read it could be tied to finances and reputation.  My finances are secure tho, and my reputation is 2.5 stars, national

I'd be surprised, I'm maxed out on mine now and only 1.5 stars reputation - the one positive if it is a bug is that from what I remember, a key factor in the quality of youth is reputation of both the club and of the HoYD (though the players are less likely to be from further afield unless you have the affiliates.

30 minutes ago, aldojags said:

@_JHTB_your strikers are a strange combo - in that you have a 6'5 striker with poorer heading than your 5'11 other guy! Who's the big one and who's the little one!?

I only play one up front so I'd suggest neither. The 6'5 one has been playing on the wing all season, which is useful for crosses from the left to the far post.

Club Introduction

Excelsior Maassluis

VV Excelsior Maassluis Logo Vector (.CDR) Free Download

The Manager

This is me.

O2cNvJ2.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Fairly basic          Good             Fairly Basic       Regional   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

So, life in the Bundesliga is off a flyer in my first game (I did go 1-0 up though, that has to count for something, right?)

image.thumb.png.67248b70d0d24af99c32d3063a8a2bad.png

Board have completely shafted me, maybe we went up too quickly. I had 30k of spare wage budget on getting promoted, which is equivalent of 2 extra players. They gave me zero transfer fee to spend - I got promoted to the top league and they gave me no money....

I have players playing for me on first day of season, who would not have made my bench when I was in the third tier, never mind 2nd tier. Got 2 youngsters on bench who have no business showing up there. Already lost one of my only 2 centre halfs to a pulled calf muscle so he's out for a while - meaning a kid or a makeshift CM will have to play there now for a month.

I've always coped well in FM with promotions, always been able to butcher my squad and stay up, hardly ever been relegated in a season where I've been in charge the whole time - if at all, but this could be a first. 

Scouts havent done much either, despite me having 7 of them, I cannot for the life of me get many decent recommendations, or when I do they all want signing on fees which need to be taken from my non existant transfer kitty so the transfer gets binned.

In deep trouble this season, this will not be the last time I lose by 5 goals.

I ended up making a ticket with SI about my youth recruitment woes/possible bug.  

I'm bummed about it.  I don't know whether to just stick with the save and see if maybe I make the champions league if that fixes, ended up spending $8 on the editor to fix it, but I set up the save to not be changed with the editor, so this sucks.

I think I'm going to create a save in Hungary/Austria/Poland with the same rules in case I decide to abandon the save.  Maybe not take a job if it has the lowest possible youth recruitment to avoid bug?

Again, how can I now have good/above average facilities everywhere but no youth recruitment

image.png.5264154b58c539b449fc94f0d82c9064.png

Edited by Tyer

il y a 12 minutes, Tyer a dit :

Does anyone know how you give loan players to your affiliate?  Is it just offering them to clubs and searching for their name as a target?

It's in the Move Squad dropdown, just like you send a player to the U23s, you can select Move to Affiliate from there. 

11 minutes ago, jmarchand said:

It's in the Move Squad dropdown, just like you send a player to the U23s, you can select Move to Affiliate from there. 

ah i see now!

Thanks so much!

I decided to stay in Scotland because I actually got a good intake lol.  So it made me happy

Going into the last game of the season, your telling me there's a chance for #2, and Champions league.  (Rangers have collapsed, I don't know how I'm ahead of them with that goal differnce either, you'd think they'd be closer to Celtic than me)

image.png.451a163c4f6db0045318f1e841404ea1.png

Finally the work is paying off, some good potential youngsters.  Maybe youth recruitment means we don't get a lot of prospects but the ones we do get we can make good. 

image.png.637b2d8b645465b9d25dc6f88bfa9f86.png

One time lets go

image.png.3d81044513297e42fc9ff6143630c768.png

BIG SMILE!  Season recap tomorrow, I'm tired

image.png.378eee05fbbb87ed754f0b869d1af8ad.png

Edited by Tyer

10 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

@Tyer Great play to break into the top 2, you are managing the team brilliantly. Richie Cowie looks to be an excellent prospect in particular.

Thanks!  That was clearly luck to be ahead of Rangers this year, but sometimes you need a bit of luck.

FK TYUMEN

fk-tyumen-logo-6CD70D3D09-seeklogo_com.png.47067d1d8d85ad62760e5af720d43cf4.png

Season 3– Tinkoff Russian Premier League – 10th

League Table

Overview

A really good first season in the top tier of Russian football for us, we came out absolutely flying and I was thinking we could be on for a European place or something, then came crashing to earth with a bump and went on a terrible run and in real danger of relegation.  In the end it levelled out a bit and we secured safety with 4 games to spare, feel a bit guilty as we had 4 tough fixtures against the big sides at the end and I played my youth team in 3 of them and got absolutely battered, then played the first team in the final game against Rostov and beat them to cost them the title :D 

Transfers

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Sevikyan joining on a free after a season on loan from Valencia was quite a pleasing signing, as was Nigerian striker Silas Nwankwo.  Other than that it was more cheap youth signings again and a couple of half decent free transfers, until the winter break came in and I was suddenly drawn to a group of Brazilians who were coming to the end of their contracts at some unheard of lower league Brazilian clubs.  Can't even remember how I found them, either my scouts or I think possibly agents telling me, but anyway I soon got over Krstovic wanting to (and eventually succeding) in leaving us.

Key Players

Usually here I'd list the players who consistently played well for me all season, but instead I want to show off the Brazlians who only came in towards the end but look like they could have a huge impact on the squad in the future.  With one screenshot of our consistent goalkeeper who has been a key player in all of the 3 seasons so far.

Petr Kudakovskiy - Another solid season from one of my first signings at the club

Rondinele Azevedo - Krstovic who?  Think this guy is going to be class in our central midfield, playing alongside first season youth signing Trufanov they could potentially be our midfield for years to come.

Crislan Henrique - I needed a right wing back, I think he might fit us perfectly for now.

Leandro Trajano - Another one who I think will suit our system perfectly, in fact I've just tweaked the system a bit to hopefully make it fit him.

Next season

I've done some wheeling and dealing, some of the young players I was giving game time were clearly never going to be good enough and there were other more senior players who were getting in the way of some potential.  Anyway was just looking at my squad going into the new season and our oldest outfield player is 21 :D  Our Keeper is only 24 with his main backup 15 too.  Will be happy to survive again and hopefully improve the bank balance a bit.