FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Country Flags on World Map Wallpaper Mural - World Map Wallpaper -  Wallpaper • Wallmur®

FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Introduction

Welcome to a new season of the Global Small Club to Big Club Challenge, (less England obviously as we have Dafuges' challenge for that).  Despite the forum appearing to be quieter than some previous seasons last year, I was pleased to see a number of players having enjoyable, and successful saves.

As ever, the premise of the challenge is simple, to start with a previously unplayable club and taking them all the way to a National Title and then on to winning the relevant Champions League (or regional equivalent). With a variety of leagues, styles of play, different rules, and many different locations for your clubs there can be a lot of variety throughout the thread, providing a great atmosphere and stories for our users to become immersed in. 

General Challenge Info

Possible Countries 

Europe

·         Austria

·         Belarus

·         Belgium

·         Bulgaria

·         Croatia

·         Czech Republic

·         Denmark

·         Finland

·         France  

·         Germany

·         Greece

·         Holland  

·         Hungary

·         Iceland

·         Ireland  

·         Israel

·         Italy  

.         Latvia

·         N. Ireland  

·         Norway  

·         Poland

·         Portugal

·         Romania

·         Russia

·         Scotland

·         Serbia

·         Slovakia

·         Slovenia

·         Spain  

·         Sweden  

·         Switzerland

·         Turkey

·         Ukraine

·         Wales

South America

·         Argentina

.         Brazil

.         Chile

.         Colombia

.         Peru

.         Uruguay

North America

.        Canada

.        Mexico

.        U.S.A

Asia

.        Australia

.        China

.        Hong Kong (China P.R)

.        India

.        Indonesia

.        Malaysia

.        Singapore

.        South Korea

Africa

.        South Africa

The Rules

A) Game Set-up

1) Your choice of Database Size (Large Recommended)

2) NO Edited Databases of any kind

3) Customising Database 

You can add players to the database up to a limit of 100,000 in total in order to add more depth to your save and also add more difficulty down the line.

Suggested Adds

Players from Top Clubs/Top Divisions (Europe or All Continents) - This increases the challenge at Continental Level

Players Based in your Nation - This can add up to 50% more players to your game

Players Based in your Region (Central Europe/East Europe/UK & Ireland) - This can add extra players likely to join your club

There will be a file correcting the club/competition names, I will advise use of this.

NO other additional customising is allowed.

5) Attribute Masking should be Enabled

6) Disable Ingame Editor (Please do this)

7) Optional Ticks

Add Key Staff (This will give you a Scout, Physio & Ass Man by generating them if your club is without)

Add Players in Playable Nations (This will ensure all clubs have a minimum number of players, generating them if needed)

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

B) Steps in the Game

1) Add an unemployed manager; you will not use this man to manage your club. I like "Unemployed Man or Holiday Man"

2) Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation (Should take about an hour)

TIP -

Changing

Detail Level to None

will make it go faster. (Remember to change it back afterwards)

TIP - Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

3) Add a new manager - Use yourself, or a created character to help build a story line

a) Personal Details

- Your Choice

b) Tracksuit vs. Trainer

- Your Choice

c) Past Experience lowest Possible (Generally Sunday League)

d) Coaching Licenses lowest Possible (None)

e) Other options are up to you

TIP - If you add the language of your country of choice it will make it easier at the beginning

TIP - Training now includes you at some level depending on your abilities.

4) Choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.

TIP - Easiest way in FM20 to see this is on the "Season Review" screen, showing the "Promoted Clubs"

TIP - You can confirm your club by checking the Domestic History's page for not being at this level since start of game

5) Retire your unemployed manager.

6) Manage your club to National Title & European Champions League Victory

7) Completing the Challenge.

C) Signing of Players

1) You must be able to scout them

TIP - You don't actually have to scout them, just be able to

TIP - You can check your scouting range on the Scouting page

2) Alternatively (If you can't scout them), you must bring them on a trial first

3) You are able to sign anyone sent to you via Agent Offer

TIP - Make sure you screenshot the Agent offer

4) In later versions you can get your DoF to find players, he will bring in players not in Scouting Range, these are also allowed.

TIP - Grab a screenshot of your DoF signing them

D) Posting

1) Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

2) Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Expected Updates

We have minimum expectations when it comes to a first up post and also in the end of season updates. The Bold pages are necessary for everyone; the others are some suggestions that will get others interested in your posts and following your club. All other screenshots are welcome and encouraged, but we please ask that the majority are posted as links, because lots of pictures can make the page very slow to load.

First Post:

Domestic Leagues History (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Overview (Club)

Squad (Club)

End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs

League Table (Competition)

Squad (Club)

Information (Manager)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Profile (Players)

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread; we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly. If you title your end of season report in bold this makes it easier to identify. Everyone will be supportive, and really get into your game if you give more detail.

E) Other

1.        If you are Sacked

1.       You can Restart from the beginning or;

2.       Continue your game and pick a new club (Under Same Rules) at the end of the next season or;

3.       Add another League/Remove Current League, holiday a whole season and continue

1.       You can still only have one nation running at a time

2.       Once the league becomes active you MUST holiday a full season

3.       The club must be one of those unplayable from the beginning

2.       No Restrictions on Parent or Feeder Clubs

3.        International Management allowed (But you cannot start as an International Manager)

The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited. As of FM14 there are also unlockables, these are also prohibited, please don't use them. It would be appreciated if you also ticked the box at the start which prevents the use of the ingame editor.

How to Post a Screenshot

1) While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2) Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3) Save the file as a JPEG or PNG

4) Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5) Post the direct URL to the image here.

Alternatively using ALT + F9 in game saves a screenshot to your user data folder. (You can also edit this in the shortcuts options)

The Global Nation Motivational

As ever, I would like to thank all of you who choose to participate in this thread this year, and to wish everyone taking on this challenge the best of luck on a long and hard journey to managerial success!   The atmosphere and support these threads have historically offered is key in making the thread, and your saves more enjoyable as I can testify to.  I and some of the other regulars of these threads are here to help for the new challengers and hope everybody that participates contributes considerably to the thread. There is nothing better than getting immersed not only in your own game but providing the encouragement to other people's attempts too. Remember we are all fighting the same battle - to defeat the AI (and uncover fabulous newgens!) - Therefore it goes without saying that any form of cheating will be severely chastised. Don't do it! I know that it is painful to lose a European Final or to lose the title on the final day (I have been there myself on more than one occasion) but eventual success down the line is all the sweeter for those defeats.

Good luck to all the participants – Here’s to a successful (and enjoyable) version!!  I will hopefully take on the challenge this year, although I have work to do first to try and re-establish my club in the higher echelons of the English pyramid.  We cannot stay in League One for long!

Edited by rlipscombe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have started in Portugal this year as last year i saw a poster start with a team that intrigued me - Africanos Braganca, a Cape Verdean Diasporan team. (1 had to holiday through 2 seasons and a lot of reloads to get them to appear).

They are a new team only founded in 2000 and have never been at this high a level before.

The squad is almost non-existant in term of numbers and quality and has pre-season odds of 10000-1 for promotion and is rated the worst of the 56 teams at this level.

I have never managed in Portugal before but thanks to @Jimbokav1971 i now realise that only 5 teams have ever been national champions and only the big 3 more than once.

I'll use the beta period to hunt around and see which kind of country tempts me. After Italy and Croatia, I was initially tempted by Portugal too, but I might give a spin in Turkey to see if the rules are interesting. Im always trying to take a country in which I travelled so I can relate to and keep me engaged in the save. 

Here we go again. Danıel Mataş, takes in charge at Fethiyespor. A lovely city overlooking the Aegean sea, where I've personally spent a few great nights in a trip to Turkey in 2011. 

I don't think I'll have much time to play before the official release actually goes live, so I'll jump right ahead in that save.

image.thumb.png.0435f47579114f83a7b0757e9dea36b4.png

The club was once in the First League (second tier, behind the Super League) and was founded in 1933. In the 2. League, we are not allowed to sing non-Turkish players, though I expect this to change with promotions. 

image.thumb.png.0db6cb34cf6e4680bfde9232f000b15a.png

Looking forward to see how this one plays out. It's a first for me in Turkey, in FM, looks promising so far! 

242110_imgbank.png

Guarda FC is a football team from Guarda, a roughly 40000 people city in the highlands of the Portuguese interior - it is in fact the highest settlement with city status in Portugal, standing at an altitude of over 1km above sea level. Despite the size, it is one of the biggest cities in the Portuguese interior (yay desertification!) and the capital of one of Portugal's districts (akin to an English county). While Guarda FC itself is a recently founded team, existing only since 2019, it is the spiritual successor of AD Guarda, a football team that existed since the 50s and had a rich history, having played most of its history in Portuguese's third tier, having even spent some seasons in the second tier back in the 80s, and ended up going bankrupt in 2001. A series of new clubs popped up trying to step in the shoes of the original club, none of which with much success - Guarda FC is the latest one to try.

22362_ori_municipal_da_guarda.jpg

In-game, the club just got promoted from the Guarda District regional leagues to the 4th tier Campeonato de Portugal and turned semi-pro. While they do have Average training facilities, everything else is a few notches below that: Basic youth facilities, and fairly basic youth coaching and recruitment. They play at the Estádio Municipal da Guarda, a 5000 people all-seater stadium built in the 90s. Nothing amazing, but good enough to last them a few promotions, should they happen.

When it comes to the pundits prediction on how the season will go, things do not look so great: 56th out of 56 teams, with odds of winning the league at 10000-1. Oh boy. At least they are offering a decent wage budget: 17k€ for transfers (which will no doubt be used to pay sign on bonuses) and nearly 40k€ per month allocated for wages (at a level where a decent player will likely agree to wages of around 500€ per month). It will probably also help that our Director of Football is former professional footballer Edmilson, who played as a forward for Guimarães, Braga and Jeonbuk amongst others, and brings us knowledge of Brazil and Korea.

35b3a72f78f7b03571a07577bcb3be35.png

The team itself... not very good. Everyone's on amateur contracts, making it easy to create a whole new team - which is what is likely to happen. Probably only the current 4.5 star players will remain by the end of it. Let the scouting begin!

And for the league, as we're in the center and the interior of Portugal, we're likely to be in one of the more accessible groups of the competition: 

738e47c24518ff964733545209059e13.png

We have two professional teams in Benfica de Castelo Branco and Oliveira do Hospital, who just got relegated from Liga 3. These two are the big favourites to finish in the top 2 spots to continue fighting for promotion - and with our reputation and few months we have to scout for players, I doubt we will be at their level this year. Tourizense, Sertanense and Vit. Sernache are typical teams for this level, and my goal is to get my team at the same level as these, to have a good chance to survive the season. Ferreira de Aves and Alcains are teams that should be at our level right now, so if we manage to improve our team we should easily stay above them. 

Now, if you ask me how the league works, I am Portuguese and not even I am sure. I just know the top teams go to a promotion stage and the rest to a relegation one, but I am unsure if it's with the same teams or if anything changes. I guess we'll find out together.

05cfd8230e83025971da3f193e38e5e2.png

85fa7bcc6f7ffae1c8be4f20d7c541b7.png

@jmarchand - good luck in Turkey, and good to see the Matas name continuing.... :thup:

@Reiver - good luck in Portugal with Guarda.  Portugal is a country i've always debated trying but never actually made it.  Good luck. :thup:

@Britrock  -  sorry for being dumb (bit tired) but how do you mean with the one nation limit??

@rlipscombe in the intro, in the game setup the first rule is

1) Load One Nation Only (All Available Divisions within your nation)

I was just wondering if that's a strict rule or if we can load other nations alongside the one we're playing in? Dafuge and the youth academy challenge have both removed that restriction so I was wondering if it still mattered here or not 🙂

22 hours ago, Britrock said:

@rlipscombe in the intro, in the game setup the first rule is

1) Load One Nation Only (All Available Divisions within your nation)

I was just wondering if that's a strict rule or if we can load other nations alongside the one we're playing in? Dafuge and the youth academy challenge have both removed that restriction so I was wondering if it still mattered here or not 🙂

I see....  I'll be honest and admit i copied and pasted opening details like that from old threads...  I'll remove it now....

1 hour ago, rlipscombe said:

I see....  I'll be honest and admit i copied and pasted opening details like that from old threads...  I'll remove it now....

Hah, no problem, figured it was probably a copy/paste job! Thanks, should make the game world a more interesting place when I get around to my save in a few weeks 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png   AC Bellinzona
Initial Post
Overview  Squad  League History  Manager

Last year we ended up in Ukraine with FC Karpaty Lviv and had some minor sucess in the domestic league, this year we are heading to Switzerland. 

AC Bellinzona is a Swiss football club based in Bellinzona. It was founded in 1904, and won the Swiss Super League in 1948. After being folded in 2013 declaring bankruptcy, the team played the Ticino Group of 2.Liga, the sixth tier of the Swiss Football League System in the 2014-15 season. After winning it and the 1. Liga Classic, Bellinzona was promoted to 1. Liga Promotion.

After the simulation (the Swiss reset date is June 20th) we only have thirty days until the league start and looking at our squad we have some serious issues to resolve. Won't be any crazy tactics this first season, we'll form the tactic after the team and try to make sure we stay up this season. 

4 hours ago, SolnaRoyal said:

spacer.png

Initial Post
Overview  Squad  League History  Manager

Last year we ended up in Ukraine with FC Karpaty Lviv and had some minor sucess in the domestic league, this year we are heading to Switzerland. 

AC Bellinzona is a Swiss football club based in Bellinzona. It was founded in 1904, and won the Swiss Super League in 1948. After being folded in 2013 declaring bankruptcy, the team played the Ticino Group of 2.Liga, the sixth tier of the Swiss Football League System in the 2014-15 season. After winning it and the 1. Liga Classic, Bellinzona was promoted to 1. Liga Promotion.

After the simulation (the Swiss reset date is June 20th) we only have thirty days until the league start and looking at our squad we have some serious issues to resolve. Won't be any crazy tactics this first season, we'll form the tactic after the team and try to make sure we stay up this season. 

welcome @SolnaRoyal and good luck in Switzerland. Glad the thread being up made you happy!! :)

On 26/10/2021 at 09:32, Reiver said:

6399facf0b1c683aca7f9f2d24c957d2.png

I guess I can proudly say I was the first one to fail this :lol:

The lower leagues of Portugal are pretty tough, only a few games in so far but i have nearly signed a complete new team as almost none of the players already there are good enough

21 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

The lower leagues of Portugal are pretty tough, only a few games in so far but i have nearly signed a complete new team as almost none of the players already there are good enough

I signed a decent team (keeping only 4 or 5 from the team I inherited. The Squad analysis showed us as being an average team for the league statwise. It didn't look like we'd be favourites to go up but had good enough talent to stay. We didn't heven start that badly, and finished the first round of the first phase in 4th out of 8, just a couple of points outside of the promotion stage spots. Then we went into a slump, morale went down and we never recovered.

image.png.c6f7b8113793f98d261273551884aebb.png

2023/24

Squad | Transfers

I struggled with this first season as the portugal championship has some strange rules, 13 HG players from 18 in the squad. Oddly almost none of the players at the club were HG so i had to bring almost a full squad. With a first phase of 14 games most of which were 2 weeks apart the team didn't do very well and went into the relegation stage. For the relegation stage you needed 13 HG players from 16 players and the games were 3 days apart so the team really struggled to put out the strongest side in most games. Only 2 wins and a draw in the last 3 games was enough to keep the team up.

In the portuguese cup the team reached the 2nd rd losing 1-2 at home to 2nd div Trofense

Finances were not too bad as there was a suprising amount of TV money.

Player performance was not great but the best player was Bruno Viera although 5 of his goals were in 1 match.

@Thebaker - sounds like a tricky first season full of learning but the main thing is survival and you've learnt about the league.  hopefully that will stand you in good stead next season.

@_JHTB_ - good luck in Northern Ireland.  I hope that you enjoy the challenge and that you remain patient...!! 

4 minutes ago, rlipscombe said:

@Thebaker - sounds like a tricky first season full of learning but the main thing is survival and you've learnt about the league.  hopefully that will stand you in good stead next season.

@_JHTB_ - good luck in Northern Ireland.  I hope that you enjoy the challenge and that you remain patient...!! 

I have just finished the 2nd season and could just paste the first season as it was almost the same. I can't seem to sign players as i just gazumped by other clubs for every player i bid on and was actually weaker.

Nice to see my favourite challenge back!

i dont have the beta, ill get game for free on xbox gamepass for pc next week at launch, so this will

be the first order of business to get back into this.

i completed in Bulgaria last year, found the lack of funds a pain in the neck and constantly being knocked back from players for poorer infrastructure in the country, so i think im gna so one of the big guns this year…italy/germany/spain, may do holland/portugal/belgium too, but i think it’ll be one of the big 3 that i mentioned first.

nice to see some familiar names from last year already, none more so than Daniel Matas!!

Yay, glad to have you back here! 

Il y a 2 heures, aldojags a dit :

Whats the verdict so far on beta is it similar enough to fm 21? 

From what I've played, the match engine feels different and there are polish options here and there which are pretty useful (scouting reports, youth intake screens, etc.). It's taking a bit of time to get used to the tactics, what works and what doesn't, but that could also be due to the fact that I have crappy players at the moment and they're just not listening to me very well... :) 

image.png.c6f7b8113793f98d261273551884aebb.png

Squad | Transfers

This was a disappointing season which started with losing my best striker and centre back as they didn't want to stay. Any contracts i offered were seemingly instantly gazumped by other clubs even though there none shown as interested, as a result the club started weaker in almost all areas but especially in defence. The team was poor in defence and struggled to score as well to end the 1st phase with less points than last season. In the relegation phase the team were well beaten in the 1st 2 games and as a result i dropped all the underperforming players and played players who were rated lower ability wise. This led to a gradual improvement with the team drawing a lot of games before winning 3 of the last 4 to escape relegation.

In the PT cup the team reached the 2nd rd losing 1-4 after ET to 2nd div Chaves

Finances dropped a lot as the club created a B team who built there own new stadium for 120K with 47 seats!

I did manage to sell this player who was out of contract and really poor last season which was a bonus.

The players i brought this season all pretty much flopped especially Setila who never looked like scoring. Musel showed real improvement and went from a 2 star backup player when signed to a 4 star important player and my top scorer by the end of the season. I also halfway through the year moved moved Alves who had underperformed as a winger for 2 seasons up front as a DLF and this solved a lot of my goal problems. My best player on performance was my GK which says a lot about my struggles.

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2023/24

Championship

7th in Group A, 4th in relegation group F

2nd Rd

N/A

Bilimbota (10)

Nunes (6)

Adequate

Poor

Basic

Basic

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group A, 4th in relegation group F

2nd Rd

N/A

Musel (12)

Bruno Viera (4)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

spacer.png

Season 1 (2022/2023)
Squad  League Table  Transfers 

First season with "Granata" is over with and we came out on the other side alive.
Not a great start to the season, as the recently promoted team we started of really weak and slowly dropped down to last place and then finally got beaten in the first round of the cup. The locker room was abysmal, players calling meetings about them loosing most if not all respect for me as a manager, rumours in the papers that "One more loss could see him fired from AC Bellinzona". 

We took a deep breath, I went back to the drawing board and  finally told the team to start the next game in a 3-5-2 formation to soak up some pressure and play slow, boring but safe football.
The game against Yverdon was lost with 0-4 the day after. Game over, finito, the end!

No, the rumours were not true, yes the board was pissed but they still had some faith in me.  

In the end of August we had lost our key player Cristian Souza to Luzern in the Swiss Super League for 105 000 Euro, the board could not resist and sold him without my blessing. 
Some replacements were brought in throughout the transfer window just to fill the obvious hole in the squad, Koffi came in on loan from Fiorentina and replaced Cristian on the right winger position. An expensive loan but we felt it was critical since we had no or very few players good enough to play in that position.

The start of 2023 saw us adopting a new wide 4-2-3-1  formation that focused on set pieces and long throws, with the new players and our new way of playing we finally gained some traction, finally ending up in 3rd place, three points of the play-offs. 

With the second season upon us we will have to strengthen up our squad in some notable positions, mainly the goalkeeping position since our current goalkeeper don´t want anything to do with a new contract.
Budget is tight with a meager 2000 / week in wages to fill the positions. We might have to drop some expensive players from the team in this transfer window, I'd rather take it slow and steady to the top without breaking the bank. 

Youth intakes? Nothing to talk about, a striker with some potential. But at this stage we all know that it most likely is a dud. 

Goals for the next season should be to compete for the top 3 places, play-off would be a great success if completed but with the funds and current squad I don´t see that happening without plenty of luck.

image.png.9e668f6c651c0e8c703fd971f44e51dd.png

Season 1 | 2022-2023 | Fethiyespor

Here we go again, this time in Turkey managing Fethiyespor, on the border of the Aegean sea. 

1561989711_IMG_0477(1).jpeg.071546e90ce81a9e0f33d083413fb379.jpeg

Yes, this brings be back to vacations. in that area in 2011. This is technically in Kabak, 30 minutes south of Fethiye, but it gets us dreaming a bit...! :)

The Turkish pyramid is composed of 3 levels, the 2. League (with the Red and White Groups, of 19 teams each), the 1. League and the SuperLeague. In the 2. League, the bottom 4th are automatically relegated (and positions 15 in each group fight it out in a playout) and positions 2-5 get in to a 3 stage playoff to fight for promotion alongside the champions. The goal here is to stay clear of the bottom and hopefully getting promoted directly without going through the slog of the playoffs. 

In the 2.League, only domestic players are allowed (or with a Turkish second nationality), but this is gradually relaxed as we go up in the pyramid. It takes 5 continuous years to acquire Turkish nationality, so it's something to keep in mind as we progress. 

At the start of the challenge, Turkey is ranked 14th in the European coefficients, just above Croatia (and behind Cyprus!!) and the Turkish Super League is 13th in the world in terms of reputation. But given we have 3 levels to climb, it'll take a bit of time before we get there...!

image.thumb.png.4fdb9492375158348e63e5ef3715f461.png

Fethiyespor - League Performance

Even if Fethiyespor was a newly promoted team, we were slated to finish mid-table, as the team was playing in the 2.League before being relegated in 18/19. The best performance ever was a brief stint in the 1.League back in 13/14. 

image.thumb.png.9e47a2aa8d56f5090bde309d7cf41f3b.png

Starting in the beta and tinkering with tactics early on got the engine to misfire a little bit and our form initially suffered from it, to the point where we were in the relegation zone and Danıel Mataş was almost sacked. But the boys overturned their run of bad form, settled on tactics that suited them better and signed a couple of better players and our form improved quite a bit in the second part of the season. 15 wins, 15 losses, 6 draws and a -4 goal difference, not great, not terrible. At least we survived the first season and can only improve from there. 

image.thumb.png.9f87d4bd00e1f5e7ce5d5bd71cec62f1.png

The Squad

Let's not get too attached to our guys at this point of the save, but there were a couple of highlights. 

image.thumb.png.5684d6b15f674b9c2851bb495f60c121.png

Yusuf Göktas

Got him on loan from Ankaragücü (a lower SuperLeague club), he solidified our defence for the second part of the season. He's got a great future and I managed to extend his loan for next year, I look forward to that. 

image.thumb.png.a7736d6c4fafdfad3033a6c7475b9ee2.png

Serhat Mutlu

Our side's main creative side with 10 goals and 8 assists, he has been performing well on both wings, but won't get much better than this. 

image.thumb.png.7325a03fe4bfc82684609bdccf16c6bb.png

Youth Intake

We were promised a golden generation, but again, I think this is because the quality of the squad is quite low. I still think that I will get some decent value and performance from Gökham Güncü, who looks quite promising at the tender age of 15 and from Alperen Bah. They will likely suffer from my poor training staff and facilities, though. 

image.thumb.png.2b0bb1462a723f591326066c1471126c.png

image.thumb.png.f1ea25897a5289acd88cbfb6400869f8.png

image.thumb.png.bb3f5b2bfaa18d8b257514b7fd4914e0.png

Other news

• Went through a board election, the same chairman was re-elected. I feel that I'll have to get through that throughout the save, hoping it doesn't cause too much trouble. 
  • Board refuses to get a senior affiliate... I hope I could get one, along with the loans that come with it. 
  • Signed a chief scout which had good knowledge of Holland, he has already recommended a couple of dual-nationality Turkish/Dutch players, so I might get some quality through there. 
  • Finances aren't great, but the board injected 140 k€ at the end of the season to help with the running costs. 

Goals for next year

• Challenge for the playoffs
  • Get a good goalkeeper, the one I have isn't nearly close to be up to par
  • Get a striker I can believe in

Shamelessly stealing the season report format from @Thebaker

Year Season League Position Points Cup Europe Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 2022/2023 2.L 11 51 3rd Round NA 4013 Serhat Mutlu (10) Sezer Yildim (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited

Brora Rangers

Brora_Rangers_Logo.png.0efe5389941c4d6cfa128ff701df63be.png

Now promoted into the Cinch Division 2, they are the most Northern team in Scotland - about 40 miles North of Ross County / Elgin. After sort of doing the challenge on FM 20 (rather than take a newly promoted team, I was manager of Cowdenbeath who were predicted to come 2nd bottom I believe) & taking them to Champions League glory, I've decided to do the challenge properly and post on here.

The club

Brora Rangers Football Club are a Scottish football club from the village of Brora, Sutherland, in the Highland council area of Scotland. They play in the Highland Football League, of which they have been champions three times, having won their first title in 2013–14 and successfully defended it in the 2014–15 season. They were awarded the title in the incomplete 2019–20 and 2020–21 seasons and are therefore the current title holders.

They have also won the North of Scotland Cup seven times. The Highland League Cup was won by the club for the first time in 2015–16.

Nicknamed the Cattachs, Brora Rangers play at Dudgeon Park, Brora, and hold a rivalry with neighbours Wick Academy, in the Northern Derby.

They're predicted to come 2nd in the league which was a surprise

Expectations - reach the playoffs

Announcement as manager

Initial manager stats

Squad

Didn't take a screenshot at the start - from memory we had around 16 players including:

• Only 1 GK (Joe Malin - pretty good rating)
  • No left backs
  • 1 decent CB - also a coach (Josh Meekings)
  • 1 decent CM (Martin Maclean)
  • 2 very good strikers (both 4*).

Due to the 2 forwards being 2 of the best players, I've decided to to play 4-4-2 diamond Gegenpress - familiarity with the formation is non-existant so could take a while for them to hit form - worrying that this is the case but we're expected to get into the playoffs despite being newly promoted. Lets see how we get on!

After a long hiatus, having last played FM14 and playing FMM for the last couple of years, I have finally decided to get back on "full fat" FM.

Ordered a new laptop, which gets here November 9th :D, and coming back to this challenge will be a great way to get me back into the game. Am thinking of giving Austria Salzburg a go, but that will depend on what the registration/matchday rules are in Austria.

Look forward to being back and tracking everyone else's progress!

140px-Comunicaciones_badge.png

Club Comunicaciones

Club Overview · Squad · League History  · Me

Club Comunicaciones is one of the dozens or hundreds of football teams in Buenos Aires. Founded in 1931 by employees of Compañía de Correos y Telégrafos, the Argentinean post - hence their name, and their nickname, los Carteros, the Postmen. Part of the regional leagues of Buenos Aires since the 1950s, the club was a usual fixture in the country's third and fourth division throughout their history.

Estadio-Club-Comunicaciones.jpg

They play their games at the Estádio Alfredo Ramos, a 3.500 people all-seater which looks a lot nicer when full. In game, while they only have fairly basic Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment, the training facilities are adequate, and, more importantly, the youth facilities are Average, which we might be able to put to use while we down in the Primera Nacional.

After the failure that my first try was, I decided to jump to less played areas. Argentina with their crazy leagues rules looked like a nice place to start. The second division has 37 teams in two groups playing eachother twice, with championship games, promotion and relegation playoffs, and the top league is even crazier with nearly 30 teams playing each other once, and with relegation being set by the average results of the last 3 seasons. let's see how I go!

Logo

Hyères 83 FC

https://www.france-pub.com/images/flag.jpg

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d0cd46f6b708d18e1466ffd1b4efad48.png

image.thumb.png.5f8945e1571154afb1592614d735e03e.png

image.thumb.png.da0db97c21723d5737b1d0994f453f3e.png

I wanted to wait until the main game came out to start this, in case there were some rule changes or bug fixes or some such, but having hit a bit of a wall in my Newcastle save I thought I might as well get started. I'm in France this year, aiming to take down the mighty PSG, and I've ended up with Hyeres 83 FC. It's on the south coast of France and the town looks absolutely stunning, with fantastic weather right on the Mediterranean.

The squad looks pretty solid, with the season preview saying we should finish a comfortable mid-table 8th. Fingers crossed we don't mess that up!

A hillside view of the town

*waves* 

Soooo I may have been away for a while, but I am here. I won't be playing until Tuesday with release to GamePass, but I am planning on getting in and playing in Spain. 

If somebody who is already playing could confirm the lowest playable division in Spain with their league rearrangement for this year please.

Good to see some names I recognise from when I was last around.

Edited by Lower Leagues Rule

7 hours ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

*waves* 

Soooo I may have been away for a while, but I am here. I won't be playing until Tuesday with release to GamePass, but I am planning on getting in and playing in Spain. 

If somebody who is already playing could confirm the lowest playable division in Spain with their league rearrangement for this year please.

Good to see some names I recognise from when I was last around.

4th tier

In my hunt to find a team in Spain that might get promoted, I was disappointed to find that this team:
Club de Fútbol Fuenlabrada Promesas Madrid 2021 is now a 2nd team for another club. They were formerly 2019-2020 Flat Earth FC (Yes the owner was a conspiracy nut)

Flat_Earth_FC.png

Onwards, I have about 10 teams I would like to play as (Ranked 1-10), and as I have to work on Tuesday (Game releases 9am my time), I will have a full day of work to keep refreshing  to try and get the teams I want.

On 04/11/2021 at 16:03, corinthiano said:

After a long hiatus, having last played FM14 and playing FMM for the last couple of years, I have finally decided to get back on "full fat" FM.

Ordered a new laptop, which gets here November 9th :D, and coming back to this challenge will be a great way to get me back into the game. Am thinking of giving Austria Salzburg a go, but that will depend on what the registration/matchday rules are in Austria.

Look forward to being back and tracking everyone else's progress!

that's great - I was same after FM 12, took a good few years off for whatever reason, just fell away and feel heavy into my xbox, but past 18 months ive been hooked again.

Looking forward to seeing an Austrian save, something @jmarchandsaid about the first Argentian save got me thinking about doing it somewhere maybe no1 has completed before, I think i must have been the first one to do it in Bulgaria last year?

So maybe another obscure European nation but i was just so sick of not having any money that I want to do Italy/Spain/Germany so I get decent prize money and decent regens! I've completed France before with ES Viry Chatillon so I don't want to go back there.

2 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Britrock Good luck i have had some good saves in France, is it still the case that you can have the national 2 active but not playable?

Yeah, it's a weird setup that I've never really understood.

The first half of the season has been a total disaster though, we're in the relegation zone after 12 games and the squad hates me because I won't play a defender who had a sub-6.0 rating twice in the first 3 games! I almost want them to sack me at this rate! 

On 06/11/2021 at 12:57, aldojags said:

that's great - I was same after FM 12, took a good few years off for whatever reason, just fell away and feel heavy into my xbox, but past 18 months ive been hooked again.

Looking forward to seeing an Austrian save, something @jmarchandsaid about the first Argentian save got me thinking about doing it somewhere maybe no1 has completed before, I think i must have been the first one to do it in Bulgaria last year?

So maybe another obscure European nation but i was just so sick of not having any money that I want to do Italy/Spain/Germany so I get decent prize money and decent regens! I've completed France before with ES Viry Chatillon so I don't want to go back there.

Yeah I think it's the first time I have heard of anyone completing it in Bulgaria!

I think with Italy/Spain getting out of the lower tiers is a challenge by itself considering how many clubs there are there, especially now that Spain has a 4th tier added too. If not those you could pick a country that is just off those top ones and still has some money, that's another reason I decided on Austria. Switzerland/Turkey/Russia/Ukraine/Netherlands/Belgium come to mind in Europe. I think once you get to the Superlig in Turkey you get money for every win so potentially can get some decent money there. Alternatively you could venture out of Europe of you want to go complete it where no one else has, pretty sure lots of options there!