• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

image.jpeg.5977ab07e47a8a0c89218d4110f777f3.jpeg

Season 2022/23 - Super League 2 South

It's been a few versions since managing in Greece so to see the second division split between regions was a surprise.  League 2 is actually quite difficult to get out of as you need to top your region and then win a play off.  Subsequently, if you dont win that play off (against the top team from the other region) then you play off against second last in League 1. 

Hopefully i wont have to worry about it again as we managed to top our region and win the first play off against Lamia with 1 - 0 wins both home and away.  A great result as at the start of the year I had to have some greyed out players on the bench with the squad being quite low with numbers.  Also couldnt start any youth contracted players so had to wait for a couple of the juniors to turn 16 to be registered.

739372414_2022-08-22(3).png.fe991d31e62f0dd28cf606c962f72cf5.png

Finances are I suspect are going to be an issue for this save until we start playing in Europe.  We averaged 50k-75k loss per month and hence we werent able to upgrade anything nor was i allowed to even start my coaching badges.  Hopefully playing in the top division will help. but i highly doubt it.

One cool thing was being able to recruit some dead set legends of the game all with fantastic personalities as my staff:

2022-08-22.png.a18e933235ca819bfa695d968c39163d.png

The fantastic season landed me in 63rd place for League 2 (yes i know only 12 pages of rankings but im taking it!!)

1867227405_2022-08-22(1).png.36174554f72fc605ef5988d2e8f0c303.png

Youth Preview, unsurprising to have a few A's projected, the team needs a lot:

2022-08-20.png.9cc6f0904a25913a0b73cdd7d5a84d79.png

Youth Intake wasnt too bad for the first one with all our junior facilities and recruitment only at adequate.  Some half decent personalities amongst the group:

2022-08-21.png.2cde35ffb93cedf87b181b604bd37f56.png

2022-08-20.png

Congratulations! I've managed to grind out two third places in Greece so far, can't break through yet.

Regarding the divisions, first season there are 17 teams in each region, second 15, third 12 and now into the fourth season of the game the regional divisions have been merged into one Super League B with 20 teams (I believe, I'm at work without access to my save).

5 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

47041700.png.c3dd4aa5cf5fbc6bbd27577564621f25.png

Santa Venera Lightnings FC Season 3 (2024/25)

Where did we finish in the league?

1st

Reveal hidden contents

Really?

2nd

Reveal hidden contents

Warmer

3rd

Hide contents

Bingo!

On the last day of the season we played Floriana with a chance to go second and stop them from having an invincible season.....we drew 1-1 so 3rd place it is but into the European Conference League qualifiers we go :D

1310941219_S3_Competitions_2_LeagueFinalStandings.png.5255ba0c55be3a59bfaa31a4408d2895.png

4th

Reveal hidden contents

Warmer

5th

Reveal hidden contents

Ye of little faith!

6th

Reveal hidden contents

Now that's just downright insulting :p

In the cup we didn't do very well this year getting knocked out at the 2nd Round but the league was always the priority.

Youth Intake

Reveal hidden contents

This year gave me a first team starter (in fact probably the highest rated ability player at the club) straight from the intake!

One thing is for sure the repetition of surnames is going to get confusing as I have multiple Pace, Attard, Farrugia, Tabone, Camilleri

I was pleased that the right back is an improvement on our current options but Tabone (25J) will also walk straight into the starting lineup

1091291811_S3_Youth_3_IntakeReview.thumb.png.e95fefe2b19f2111f8da7da5a9c3629e.png

900541932_S3_Youth_2_IntakeOverview.png.db419b552bb240ab4d471d0c90316c2b.png

Attard is head and shoulders in the eyes of the coaches and I've now adopted the 4-2-3-1 DMs formation to get him where he is best alongside Nathan Farrugia (24H) from last years intake. It should also help us concede less often.

S3_Youth_4_Attard.thumb.png.bee7eaf684bdf9d16d3ae37f64f03521.png

Like the fitness, work rate, determination, leadership and teamwork for Tabone (potential captain here) and as you can see from the comparison he's far above our current choices.

S3_Youth_5_Tabone.thumb.png.c1e2b3ff426d4f34563747ce5a7bda36.png

Farrugia has a high ability but he will struggle to get game time given Cauchi is still our main player in the forward 4. I will need to start to use him as I have been lucky with injuries so far but that can't last forever.

S3_Youth_6_Farrugia.thumb.png.793894a951d520f663130607c47a976b.png

Players

Reveal hidden contents

No outgoings as far as sales are concerned but let a few of the unhappy non-contract players walk

Bakare ended up being the top scorer with 10 goals, so hopefully the forward 4 continue to improve to start getting some more goals from more natural positions.

Two players averaged over 7 Cauchi (23C) AMR and Caruana (24A) GK with 7.22 and 7.10 respectively.

I'll be looking for more players to breach the 7 average rating threshold next year assuming they continue to develop.

The only real talking point is Karl Dimech (24K) becoming a Model Citizen from a Professional in last years intake:

S3_Players_1_Dimech.thumb.png.578334adf7b17e8cbf6e346c6cd6d064.png

I hope (and believe) he has a fair amount of potential but I need to drop Ayrton Borg (23D) who is currently 4 star ability, so its about taking a hit now in the hope that he will be better long term.

Club

Reveal hidden contents

Managed to get a couple of youth recruitment improvements but nothing else of note

Training Facilities - Poor

Youth Facilities - Poor

Junior Coaching - Basic

Youth Recruitment - Adequate

Financially we are only £9k in the red now (subject to tax payments)

Manager

Reveal hidden contents

Currently studying for a Continental B License and was offered an interview with Gzira Utd

Stats

Reveal hidden contents

600776750_S3_Stats_1_IntakeOrigin.thumb.png.75f4d9aae5e8bbcfa838c91e17eac6db.png

579739476_S3_Stats_2_IntakeDetails.png.0dee4434c64315690022b9264c6706c4.png

1200343940_S2_Stats_3_TrophyCabinet.thumb.png.538d77e8aa27a661ebee4b20a8ac3299.png

Next Season

Reveal hidden contents

All about Europe and trying to get as much progress (and therefore money) as possible.

Congrats already qualifying for Europe! I take it you still only can sign noncontracts and not part time one's? Not sure if that's a bug or intended but makes it a real rush to go professional especially with that great intake class you just got. Interesting that Hibernians is your top team, they've turned into a yo-yo for my save. 

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

The Spartans

The Spartans F.C. - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A glorious season where we secured the league title and promotion to the third tier.  The less said about the cups, the better, however.

Season Details

League Table - We were always in the promotion hunt and an excellent run of form towards the end of the season saw the club win the league title and secure promotion to the third tier.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We started so well, going unbeaten in our first seven games, before we started scrapping for wins.  We maintained a promotion push, however.

Scottish Cup - Embarrassing.  A comprehensive defeat away to Highland League outfit Fraserburgh was simply not good enough.

Premier Sports Cup - In what was a tough group, we finished a respectable third, though this did eliminate the group at this stage.

SPFL Trust Trophy - We reached the third round before narrowly losing away to Championship side Dunfermline.  The obvious highlight was the thrashing of another Championship side, Raith Rovers, in round two.

Friendlies - There was only enough time for three friendlies and we surprisingly remained unbeaten throughout.

Squad - Our squad isn't good enough for the third tier, though we will give it our best shot.

Squad Dynamics - This is rather nice, isn't it?

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Two fringe players departed on free transfers.

Youth Candidates - Striker Wayne Little YP23B2 is the brightest prospect out of a fairly good intake.

Finances - We made a profit this year and we have a healthy bank balance as a result.

Key Players

Blair Henderson - Our best player by some distance, the striker had a great season, scoring 32 goals in 44 appearances.

Kevin Waugh - The centre back was our best defender this year.

Evan O'Connor - A revelation in central midfield, despite having just turned just seventeen years of age.

Mikey Allan - Comfortable at either left back or at the heart of defence, he had a solid campaign.

Cammy Russell - Despite prefering to play as a striker, he was deployed on the right wing with a lot of success.

Next Season

Survival.  Anything else is a bonus.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.50*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Good             Adequate           Regional   (1.50*)
2022/23    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Excellent ↑      Average ↑          Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      44        23       12        9          84              44                 +40              52.27%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          44        23       12        9          84              44                 +40              52.27%             308 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23    cinch League 2.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x cinch League 2 (2022/23)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Premier Sports Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Scottish League Two                   1st       Second Round          Group Stage               Promoted as champions.  SPFL Trust Trophy third round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Joe McLaughlin YP23A1                     3

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2022/23    No one                                        0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2022/23    No one                                      0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Congrats already qualifying for Europe! I take it you still only can sign noncontracts and not part time one's? Not sure if that's a bug or intended but makes it a real rush to go professional especially with that great intake class you just got. Interesting that Hibernians is your top team, they've turned into a yo-yo for my save. 

Yup everyone is still on a non-contract right now and as you say if this is a great intake then if any of these are "real" gems i.e. the 5 star potential exceeds that of the current ability levels, I need to get professional ASAP

Hibernians won the treble last season but they lost to Floriana in the super cup this year but Floriana are out of the FA Trophy, so its not one team out in front of the others like you have in some countries with RB Salzburg for instance, gives me hope that I can topple them a bit easier without one team having a monopoly.

2 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Hello everyone from Portugal.
I'm tempted to start a new save with this challenge to finish FM22 in style.
Any country/league you recommend for a first adventure?

Welcome! Depends where you want your challenge to be. Your home country is actually a good middle of the road nation if you're not looking for a new country to play in. You produce fantastic players, have a domestic league with decent income / attendance / Reputation, and have a reasonable path to breaking into the top group to get European matches.

Of the nation's I've played I'd recommend to avoid Belgium as a first run, finances are difficult there and can be hard to break into European positions. I'm doing Malta now, which is one where the early game is easy but its very hard to 'complete' as your nation's Youth Rating & Population are lower so make it difficult to produce the quality of players needed to topple the Goliaths of Europe.  Its about the journey though, and Malta has been an excellent one.

18 hours ago, br00kster said:

Congratulations! I've managed to grind out two third places in Greece so far, can't break through yet.

Regarding the divisions, first season there are 17 teams in each region, second 15, third 12 and now into the fourth season of the game the regional divisions have been merged into one Super League B with 20 teams (I believe, I'm at work without access to my save).

wow thats nuts!  Didnt take note of the first season but interesting how its changed.  How many get promoted from the Super League B in the 3rd/4th year?

almost completed my first year in Super League A and its similar competition apart from 6 or so better teams

14 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Hello everyone from Portugal.
I'm tempted to start a new save with this challenge to finish FM22 in style.
Any country/league you recommend for a first adventure?

Welcome! This challenge is very fun, extremely hard, but also very rewarding to play, even if you should not expect to complete it. A good country to start in is Germany, I think. 3 tiers, all professional and if you get into the 2nd tier, your finances should be good from then on. It's not easy to topple Bayern, but you should be able to compete in Europe for a while and slowly build up facilities and get in enough talented youngsters so eventually it should be possible, even if it's not easy, but no country is easy. If you want a more quick journey to trophies, a smaller country is often easier to get a domestic domination over. So Wales, Iceland, and other smaller countries with good youth players can be fun, but you will have a long hard slog to become decent in Europe. So for those types you will need to go through a lot of seasons where you lose early in Europe and then dominate everything domestically before you are able to get somewhere towards the CL group stage.

So it really depends on what you are after. The top leagues are often harder to get to Europe, but when you get there, you should be able to compete, smaller leagues are easier to dominate, but Europe is harder to make way in. The middle are, unsurprisingly, somewhere in the middle for both. I've had loads of fun in all kinds of countries. I can also add that Portugal is a nice league for this because of the high level of youths and also quite a lot of foreign youngsters that can be talented as well.

If you start this save though, normal saves tends to become quite boring after a while, so be warned, if you join you might not want to leave! ;) 

9 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

wow thats nuts!  Didnt take note of the first season but interesting how its changed.  How many get promoted from the Super League B in the 3rd/4th year?

almost completed my first year in Super League A and its similar competition apart from 6 or so better teams

Third Season

10 relegated from two divisions, with two going through to a playoff with one promoted.

image.thumb.png.ad53e750f0fc53b4a85b3bad9d094367.png

Fourth Season

18 teams with 4 relegated, one going up automatically and one going into a playoff with a team from Super League One (let's hope I can continue and get the automatic!)

image.thumb.png.48c334e4a0c6e488a184892095d5fd3e.png

Hyde United F.C. - Wikipedia

XaW - Hyde - Season 2028/29 - Vanarama National League

92iQ1BL.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

This was a really good season for us, and the closest we've been to a promotion push. Even with the loss of our best defender, we did well. We do still concede too many goals though, so we can certainly improve going forward.

FA Cup: We beat Leamington and Wealdstone before we got battered by Ipswich in the 2nd round.
FA Trophy:  We beat Harrogate Town, Billericay Town, and Warrington before we lost to Woking in the quarter final. 

U18 team:

They finished 2nd in the U18 Youth Alliance League. In the FA Youth Cup they beat Altrincham, King's Lynn Town, and Halifax Town before they lost to Fleetwood in the 2nd round. In the U18 Alliance Cup they finished 3rd in their group and got knocked out.

Youth intake:

3qOs1wg.png

0p0jjMF.png

0TSq7HA.png

ttgEPF7.png

nHROaTs.png

e82KO1j.png

Trophy cabinet

N/A

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Apps
-------------------------------------------------------------
Fraser Bickerdike 23h	England		None		258
Joe Swinglehurst 24e	England		None		224
Robbie Brown 23f	England		Scotland	223
Kirk McGivern 25c	England		None		191
Muhammad Bamidele 26g	Ireland		Nigeria		157

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Goals
Philip Brown 25b	Scotland	None		66
Joe Swinglehurst 24e	England		None		34
Muhammad Bamidele 26g	Ireland		Nigeria		31
Marios Polykarpou 26f	Cyprus		England		27
Robbie Brown 23f	England		Scotland	16
Declan O'Neill 27c	Ireland		England		16

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Assists
Joe Swinglehurst 24e	England		None		49
Marios Polykarpou 26f	Cyprus		England		22
Philip Brown 25b	Scotland	None		19
Fraser Bickerdike 23h	England		None		17
Kirk McGivern 25c	England		None		17

vrdN6aM.png

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

We have now started to lose one of our best players each season. Getting really difficult to make any progress at this pace. Players wont even talk about a new contract so this will just keep happening. 

image.png.b574d7a03922323540d14cdd5b4f8559.png

image.thumb.png.78fa719d0d2111b4889bb0806fc991e6.png

It's tough, the only thing I can suggest is to get minimum fee release clauses added to their contract but try to get them as high as you can because when they come moaning about moving 9 times out of 10 you can just say "You have a minimum fee release clause and you can leave if they meet it" and it will do them but doing well in Europe seemed to help boost my rep enough to keep them happy.

When I last played I was ranked 12th in Europe but Milovanovic still left for Arsenal so it won't solve the issue but it should reduce the times it happens.

Keep going if you are still enjoying it, there will be a point where they will start to no longer be interested in teams like Wolves.

29 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

It's tough, the only thing I can suggest is to get minimum fee release clauses added to their contract but try to get them as high as you can because when they come moaning about moving 9 times out of 10 you can just say "You have a minimum fee release clause and you can leave if they meet it" and it will do them but doing well in Europe seemed to help boost my rep enough to keep them happy.

When I last played I was ranked 12th in Europe but Milovanovic still left for Arsenal so it won't solve the issue but it should reduce the times it happens.

Keep going if you are still enjoying it, there will be a point where they will start to no longer be interested in teams like Wolves.

Yes, I do give some players mimimum release clauses, mainly because they demand it themselves, but I am losing players when their contract expires. 

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

Yes, I do give some players mimimum release clauses, mainly because they demand it themselves, but I am losing players when their contract expires. 

did you add the optional contract extension by the club (usually can only manage 2 years tops once they become established).

XV8aIz0.png

2025/26 Midseason Review:

WoH92AH.png

GcsWdSO.png

Going better than expected. I was hoping to wind up around this spot initially, but finances are causing a real problem. Too many of my legacy players are wanting too much money, so I picked the three most important of them and every other position I have youth players starting an backing up. If things went poorly I'd have to figure something out, but I feel confident with this group that we can survive, so I'm trying to move ever other legacy player (they're all set for release now). While we're close to the playoffs now, I still think we'll probably drop a place or two. 

Intake Preview:

H7mHveE.png

Striker is one of the legacy players remaining. He's 28 so I still have a few years of him being good for us, but if I can get a Youth player coming in way cheaper I'll take it. 

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

did you add the optional contract extension by the club (usually can only manage 2 years tops once they become established).

Yes, I always do that on this challenge. Usually get three years, but sometimes only two. 

image.png.49ab366fb5c50b33591c22c9dbca7a61.png

Cardiff Corinthians - Season 3 (2024/25) Review

I was expecting a really tough season, and after 3 defeats in our first three league games I thought we were probably going to go straight back down to the second Tier.  We managed to find some form in the middle of the season and looked like we might even creep into the top six and Championship playoff group, but our form reverted back to normal and we instead finished comfortably above Llandudno and Rhyl 1879 in the league.  Thankfully there were two teams that were less competitive than us this season - I just hope the two promoted teams will be equally weak next season (Airbus and Barry Town, though I doubt it as they both have top flight pedigree).

We have no money so I have decided not to ask for any improvements in youth spend or facilities.  The board did though decide to build a new stadium, which thankfully is paid through a grant and sponsorship.  Our stadium has just 20 seats so we had to use Cardiff Met's Stadium this season, but we should be moving into our shiny new stadium next year.

image.thumb.png.e0ed644cc6020d532fa21874a548ddfe.png

Spoiler

League (Poor home form again this season)

image.png.5cc0d828b0bbab4327857ba2d68d40e1.png

FA Cup

image.png.1be98e3d2d2441625e9938a6b224a145.png

League Cup

image.thumb.png.d877685a046b210154e74eb6c6d15d5f.png

image.png.f229f7e4731303b0b94666b534571f9d.png

Spoiler

Players

image.png.2a11bfea872582e8ff27646a7a9a431f.png

Youth Preview

image.png.ea2ef281953f5664ed00ec4ffbca1fa7.png

Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.84aaacc9fab1edb97fa4e7ee49f13e60.png

Fans Player of the Year (and Young PotY) - Stephen McCaul from our first youth intake.  He can play in CD or CM but is normally deployed in defence.  He has great Jumping Reach for our level and is a real goal threat from corners.  Well he was during his first season... he didn't manage a single goal this season.

image.png.902c8e047ca8dfa47ba4894ba4b42a2d.png

image.png.34ded0cd0dd6b228970486749d341e95.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.0887cc07c2c0ff40fc062abb0701b917.png

image.thumb.png.ca6ccccb56007ceb40453e23965015fb.png

Wales National Team

Spoiler

image.png.409c6c548c65c9686ace0ce3a4dd41b7.png

image.png.45bc2b24a1ae4840a28f54e5c1d7e5c0.png

image.png.3598f11f5d0fcd206da6f183a709985d.png

Records

image.png.d71b02c40df6473c14f7e939f93b75b5.png

Spoiler

Premier Division Player Records

image.png.917287ba63ed6ec68be904552ef1c5f1.png

54 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

image.png.49ab366fb5c50b33591c22c9dbca7a61.png

Cardiff Corinthians - Season 3 (2024/25) Review

I was expecting a really tough season, and after 3 defeats in our first three league games I thought we were probably going to go straight back down to the second Tier.  We managed to find some form in the middle of the season and looked like we might even creep into the top six and Championship playoff group, but our form reverted back to normal and we instead finished comfortably above Llandudno and Rhyl 1879 in the league.  Thankfully there were two teams that were less competitive than us this season - I just hope the two promoted teams will be equally weak next season (Airbus and Barry Town, though I doubt it as they both have top flight pedigree).

We have no money so I have decided not to ask for any improvements in youth spend or facilities.  The board did though decide to build a new stadium, which thankfully is paid through a grant and sponsorship.  Our stadium has just 20 seats so we had to use Cardiff Met's Stadium this season, but we should be moving into our shiny new stadium next year.

image.thumb.png.e0ed644cc6020d532fa21874a548ddfe.png

This might be an odd question, but why is the last F cut off in your team name in the standing?

1 minute ago, iamnobody said:

This might be an odd question, but why is the last F cut off in your team name in the standing?

I think its just something to do with me resizing when I'm in windowed mode.  I have an ultrawide monitor and normally have it set up like this when i'm playing

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0fc4e0eaa4a1ddab853d1b21f6ea3fa1.png

but for some reason I feel the need to shrink everything when I take screen shots at the end of the season.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.abdefaf104d1a5628b1d39388eeda43f.png

5 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

I think its just something to do with me resizing when I'm in windowed mode.  I have an ultrawide monitor and normally have it set up like this when i'm playing

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0fc4e0eaa4a1ddab853d1b21f6ea3fa1.png

but for some reason I feel the need to shrink everything when I take screen shots at the end of the season.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.abdefaf104d1a5628b1d39388eeda43f.png

Interesting.  Thanks for showing that.  I would have never guessed that especially since the other teams aren't cut off at the same place.

Em 23/08/2022 em 07:53, XaW disse:

Welcome! This challenge is very fun, extremely hard, but also very rewarding to play, even if you should not expect to complete it. A good country to start in is Germany, I think. 3 tiers, all professional and if you get into the 2nd tier, your finances should be good from then on. It's not easy to topple Bayern, but you should be able to compete in Europe for a while and slowly build up facilities and get in enough talented youngsters so eventually it should be possible, even if it's not easy, but no country is easy. If you want a more quick journey to trophies, a smaller country is often easier to get a domestic domination over. So Wales, Iceland, and other smaller countries with good youth players can be fun, but you will have a long hard slog to become decent in Europe. So for those types you will need to go through a lot of seasons where you lose early in Europe and then dominate everything domestically before you are able to get somewhere towards the CL group stage.

So it really depends on what you are after. The top leagues are often harder to get to Europe, but when you get there, you should be able to compete, smaller leagues are easier to dominate, but Europe is harder to make way in. The middle are, unsurprisingly, somewhere in the middle for both. I've had loads of fun in all kinds of countries. I can also add that Portugal is a nice league for this because of the high level of youths and also quite a lot of foreign youngsters that can be talented as well.

If you start this save though, normal saves tends to become quite boring after a while, so be warned, if you join you might not want to leave! ;) 

Em 22/08/2022 em 20:18, WhiteCat33 disse:

Welcome! Depends where you want your challenge to be. Your home country is actually a good middle of the road nation if you're not looking for a new country to play in. You produce fantastic players, have a domestic league with decent income / attendance / Reputation, and have a reasonable path to breaking into the top group to get European matches.

Of the nation's I've played I'd recommend to avoid Belgium as a first run, finances are difficult there and can be hard to break into European positions. I'm doing Malta now, which is one where the early game is easy but its very hard to 'complete' as your nation's Youth Rating & Population are lower so make it difficult to produce the quality of players needed to topple the Goliaths of Europe.  Its about the journey though, and Malta has been an excellent one.

Thanks a lot for the replies.
I'm torn between Portugal and Holland, despite having just finished a save in Portugal with Lourosa.
Another issue: I usually create fictional characters in my games with different nationalities than mine. Is that allowed in this challenge?

So I've just had an awkward situation where I held back on signing the player because my backroom staff didn't think he was good enough, before my backroom staff decided he was good enough. I offered him a contract while he was on trial at the club, but his trial ended, so he accepted the contract offer after the trial ended.

What do I do in this situation? I've never left it so late that it's caused me this kind of issue before.

Edited by JLAB

1 hour ago, PequenoGenio said:

Thanks a lot for the replies.
I'm torn between Portugal and Holland, despite having just finished a save in Portugal with Lourosa.
Another issue: I usually create fictional characters in my games with different nationalities than mine. Is that allowed in this challenge?

Your head coach can be any nationality, just no second nationality for fictional ones. Make sure he has sunday league Reputation and no coaching badges as well and you're golden.

8 hours ago, br00kster said:

image.png.034348eab093cc8b4170317188022d55.png

AEPS Aiolikos Mytilinis aka Wind

Season Three Review (2024/25)

Greek Super League 2 (North) (South)

Having spent the first season in the North Division, second season in the South Division, our third season saw us in the new merged Greek Super League 2.

Third time the charm, as they say, saw us finally crowned Champions in a two horse race with Kifisia.

image.png.4d9ef03af201f4b5a9f81453438b86e7.png

My young striker, Bourous, improved on his 11 goals last season to finish 2nd top scorer in the division. A big shoutout also goes to Varvagiannis, who was expected to be a bit part player but popped up with 9 assists finishing second in the charts, as well as my young keeper, Charalabis, who came in to replace my retiring captain and finished joint top of the Clean Sheets chart and won Goalkeeper of the Year.

image.png.bd291c0e8f405e79dec374923a4a27c0.png

image.png.d9498cdc927adc80cb66e19379382032.png

image.png.e4cd656ce3f2045feac541bf1391a3b8.png

image.png.456d97734f1b44e6fef9fb26c138cb8d.png

image.png.f696fcc20d19599fac86d00dcb71dd2c.png

Sadly, we weren't able to unleash out five star youngster, Markakis, until he turned 16 and signed a professional contract on 17th December with almost half the season played.

image.png.d073f3294c5852707eed3dde04f4173a.png

image.png.63c4ba802e8b1c6acce7b310625825a2.png

With one year left on his deal, with the option for an additional year, we are already having issues with agents requiring a minimum fee release clause (a measly £350k, despite his value) in any new deal.

Greek Cup

Eliminated in the Fourth Round to higher league opposition, Lamia.

image.png.f509dd439eea7c68875f1ab3e6986533.png

Youth Intake

My Head of Youth Development must be doing something right and he's earnt himself an extension on his deal with another bumper youth intake including another five star youngster (my first two ever, might have to keep this guy around!).

image.png.30eacd531817c3b1208e4c9b70f83508.png

image.png.d68740af77d2e5a21da13576af337ad0.png

image.png.c3393df680a7439ca552a1096d4a160a.png

While many Elite Talents, I'm not sure any bar Koutrobilas will be threatening the first team too much, but what a talent we have on our hands!

image.png.a05a7ef93995f9e08b066f5fa3013998.png

Thankfully, we've managed to tie Koutrobilas down to a three year deal including an option to extend for two years without any release clause.

We finally had a youth player poached, first time in this save, although we're not too broken up about it.

image.png.8d739ca550bc349175418ecff2926e67.png

Finances & Improvements

As before, we are bleeding money at an alarming rate, even with an injection of cash, meaning that improvements to facilities are limited. A couple of Coaching Courses for myself as well as (much insisited) improvements to Youth Recruitment were our lot.

image.png.7773608a6ee2b44df40fc4d5b8e310d2.png

image.png.62344bd1cecf22b465e7f50969c8522d.png

image.png.07390dabfd673b24b230c942efee3161.png

image.png.e072d446f5d2fa859dcc6b465bba7f50.png

image.thumb.png.4bb26c4e2409705faafa7edc9ed3a6e7.png

UP THE WIND!

Let's hope for a successful first campaign in the Greek top flight.

wow what a player!!!  has he just turned 16 or is he turning 16 next season? 

btw - my players were so intrigued about the new Super League B that they just couldnt way to play in it....

All images

Season 2024/25 - Super League A

I've been told that if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all.  Let's just go with that...

2022-08-25.png.2245228ca160e56babcc0504fe6c1fb5.png

845452749_2022-08-25(4).png.d28831fe7fc565e5161ba2f73e0d1818.png

Have never had an invincible season in FM yet, but this is my first ever un-invincible season playing FM.  Such an achievement!

My under 19's however went and won their league, go figure!

1599447666_2022-08-25(3).png.d432149d435fdfb242a2cf9afbad4875.png

I thought this was quite funny, they had to dig deep for a Cup match to show the biggest win, then pull out a draw for a match to remember haha

622491301_2022-08-25(5).png.065eab50df2b1978dafad8cc61abaaee.png

Somehow given the season we just had, im not even remotely close to being sacked with the Board approval rating never dipping below a C+

Youth Preview was a good one, but that shouldnt be a surprise by the lack of quality the squad has:

73192047_2022-08-24(4).png.6ae1caf29b98fbaf1b3020351d6f18d9.png

This is the only thing to hang my hat on this season, the intake was a really good one and could set us up in the long term. Some really nice personalities to go with many 5 star PA's.  Even got an instant starter in defence which is desperately needed despite the unambitious personality. 

550153267_2022-08-25(2).png.f4250e7f874f4edf274325cf4637a87e.png

Triantafyllidis (defined as Rose Petal) will hopefully be my rose among the thorns!

492189022_2022-08-25(7).png.3d155b72e2e586f08d9b6a417adc6fe0.png

Finance are still horrendous and the Chairman stopped injection cash this season. There's no prizemoney in Super League A so didnt even get a boost at the end of any kind.  We did get a bit of a bonus from a sale of a previous sold player (way before my tenure) but that didnt really help much:

image.png.e303b3554a936c0bfc5f12cd81bf3434.png

100006116_2022-08-24(3).png.c85b93e6600cdafdf058c62dbdfd73ee.png

2022-08-25 (6).png

7 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

wow what a player!!!  has he just turned 16 or is he turning 16 next season? 

btw - my players were so intrigued about the new Super League B that they just couldnt way to play in it....

He turned 16 just after the youth intake so will be raring to go straight away, a real player.

Sorry to hear about relegation, Greece is proving a lot more difficult than England.

11 hours ago, JLAB said:

So I've just had an awkward situation where I held back on signing the player because my backroom staff didn't think he was good enough, before my backroom staff decided he was good enough. I offered him a contract while he was on trial at the club, but his trial ended, so he accepted the contract offer after the trial ended.

What do I do in this situation? I've never left it so late that it's caused me this kind of issue before.

Pretty sure I've seen this happen before and it's annoying as it shows up on your manager profile as a signing. I think you just need to save a screenshot of the transfers screen for that season to show it was just a mistake.

44 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Pretty sure I've seen this happen before and it's annoying as it shows up on your manager profile as a signing. I think you just need to save a screenshot of the transfers screen for that season to show it was just a mistake.

I honestly decide to not deal with the hassle and not sign him in the end. Better safe than sorry honestly.

Edited by JLAB

14 hours ago, JLAB said:

I've had that issue once or twice before and always just assumed that it was fine. It shows up as a signing but I always regarded that as a display issue, because they did come through your academy!

spacer.png

End of Season 1 - 2022 Season

Thank goodness for defense.  It kept me in a lot of games.  That being said I drew 1/2 of my games this year which means we need some help on the attacking side.  We survived though and that's all that matters.  

spacer.png

Squad view by appearances.  This isn't the entire squad though

spacer.png

We have no money.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I haven't seen a Youth candidate preview yet.  I hope this doesn't mean there is a problem with the database I'm using.

4 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

One more question: the @Daveincid files. It's ok to use them or not?

Pretty sure those are fine, but I've never used them. Rule of thumb is realistic databases are allowed, fantasy one's like Zelands' American Pyramid are not. You can only choose a custom nation that has at least 2 leagues with promotion & relegation between them.

15 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Pretty sure those are fine, but I've never used them. Rule of thumb is realistic databases are allowed, fantasy one's like Zelands' American Pyramid are not. You can only choose a custom nation that has at least 2 leagues with promotion & relegation between them.

I wish that Zealand one was allowed. I also wish it weren't fantasy, I mean other than the historic, defunct teams that is. 

20 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I wish that Zealand one was allowed. I also wish it weren't fantasy, I mean other than the historic, defunct teams that is. 

Ugh I know, rather than it just being spend 120M to buy a slot in the MLS see teams like Union Omaha get rewarded with promotion for embarrassing MLS sides and dominating their league.