The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, glennuk said:

Yep. Well Vanarama National took me like 8 or 9 seasons, League Two was playoffs season 1 and promoted season 2. Hope I can do the same in League one.

@glennukI wasn't sure if it was back to back or 2 in 3 years. Still, that's awesome!

2 hours ago, aldojags said:

Great progress @glennukand @toshimitzou1the icelandic project will be fun if you have patience for it!

@Daddythr auto reject thing - I used to have this but I found it just resulted in board accepting deals I wasn't happy with, without the appropriate sell on clauses. The board AI in this is horrendous, why would they agree to selling a youth prospect without an agreed sell on clause. So I took it off and just judge it myself now and usually end up taking little less money but with some clauses etc added on.

The winger on the nxtgen list looks great, you must have sold some amount of players now across Europe, you must be loaded!

I've had about a dozen players go to some top teams in the top leagues, though none to Spain yet. The frustrating thing is when they don't play there and go and sign back in Israel with my competitors. I'm sitting on $171M in the bank with a $77M transfer budget. Payroll of $62M p/a and I only spend about $6M. If the US Dollars doesn't give away I'm American the annual salary vs. weekly surely does lol.

Hello everybody ! I'm new in this challenge and i have a question. Do you recruit some scouts ? I don't know if their knowledge influence the nationality of the newgens. 
Thanks and sorry for my bad english. I'm from Belgium and i speak french :) 

2 hours ago, Woockeez said:

Hello everybody ! I'm new in this challenge and i have a question. Do you recruit some scouts ? I don't know if their knowledge influence the nationality of the newgens. 

Dude, as far as I have experienced, save every penny you can. I.E: 0 scouts, minimal scouting network and minimum scouting range. Newgens is affected by your youth recruitment network and affiliate club relationships. 

2 hours ago, toshimitzou1 said:

Dude, as far as I have experienced, save every penny you can. I.E: 0 scouts, minimal scouting network and minimum scouting range. Newgens is affected by your youth recruitment network and affiliate club relationships. 

I sign one scout when starting out and that's just to scout the opposing team. Once I get established I'll being some in if they're former players just to have them. They serve no purpose I'm otherwise aware of.

@Winskihaving taken 4 seasons to get promoted I salute you. I finished in the play-offs 3 years running before finally getting into the top two. Must admit I was surprised to see Telstar in the final, they were nearly always a guaranteed 6 points a season for me and now just relegated as I won promotion.

Outstanding effort :applause:

DT6uXt6.png

2038/39 Midseason Review:

8mSg8BR.png

Very slow start trying out a new tactic and it just wasn't working. I switched back to the old tactic and things started improving quickly. 

Conference League Update:

9Vuvy2a.png

TVqoXIw.png

Another scenario where the tactic change really helped. Winning the Group puts us in the Second Knockout round. Looking at all the teams left I think we're as good as any team still in the competition. The goal from the club was to reach the first knockout. I'm not ruling out a deeper run here.

Youth Intake Preview:

APlFT7I.png

Better looking preview than the last few. I'm not desperate for a keeper as my current starter is pretty good, but he's wanting to leave. He's still under contract but has a min release clause. Always happy to see highly rated fullbacks.

@Winski what issues did you have with NewGan? It’s literally just providing picture references for the players ids, I could see the actual app failing to generate correctly if volumes got too large but did did FM actually crash for you?

Im loving the save and would hate to have to end it because of realistic regen photos

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

@Winski what issues did you have with NewGan? It’s literally just providing picture references for the players ids, I could see the actual app failing to generate correctly if volumes got too large but did did FM actually crash for you?

Im loving the save and would hate to have to end it because of realistic regen photos

Yes, that was exactly the problem: FM crashed, all the time. In all of my saves. And after the crash I couldn’t load the file anymore.

Since I deleted the app and the pictures, I didn’t have a problem anymore. So it has something to do with this app. Don’t know what exactly. 
Maybe I’ll try it again because I really like those Newgan pictures. And it’s the first time that I have issues. In FM21 and until last month everything worked fine.

But for now, I’ll stop using the app. 

1 hour ago, Winski said:

Yes, that was exactly the problem: FM crashed, all the time. In all of my saves. And after the crash I couldn’t load the file anymore.

Since I deleted the app and the pictures, I didn’t have a problem anymore. So it has something to do with this app. Don’t know what exactly. 
Maybe I’ll try it again because I really like those Newgan pictures. And it’s the first time that I have issues. In FM21 and until last month everything worked fine.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think I might modify the filter to only return my players, that way the file size should be quite small (sure it means other teams regens will have the generated faces but at least my players will look ok)

I'll try that for this season's intakes.

380300766_S5_1_NewGanClubSpecificFilter.thumb.png.d40a9f2dcb9d48bc3cf0a7df66563b52.png

This is then the entirety of the file that NewGan will process for images:

| UID       | Nat       | 2nd Nat   | Name                |           |           |           | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2002156979| NED       |           | Ed Plezier          | 2         | 11        | 0         | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2002168101| NED       |           | Nelson Schutte      | 1         | 12        | 0         | 
| 2002168098| BEL       |           | Bo Lambrechts       | 1         | 9         | 0         | 
| 2002177967| NED       | ENG       | Colin Rae           | 2         | 9         | 0         | 
| 2002186460| NED       | TUR       | Kerim Topal         | 1         | 5         | 1         | 
| 2002186461| NED       |           | Martin Bijl         | 2         | 15        | 0         | 
| 2002177964| NED       |           | Mark van der Ende   | 3         | 3         | 0         | 
| 2002186463| NED       |           | Finn Muller         | 3         | 12        | 0         | 
| 2002177962| NED       |           | Tom Adrichem        | 2         | 13        | 0         | 
| 2002177965| NED       |           | Gilmaro van den Bos | 1         | 15        | 0         | 
| 2002156987| ISL       |           | Björn Pálmason      | 1         | 3         | 0         | 
| 2002186457| NED       |           | Robin Dekker        | 1         | 5         | 0         | 
| 2002186467| NED       |           | Colin van Es        | 2         | 2         | 0         | 
| 2002177970| NED       |           | Mart Geurts         | 2         | 9         | 0         | 
| 2002177974| NED       |           | Ian Drenthe         | 1         | 16        | 0         | 
| 2002186458| NED       | ANG       | Osvaldo Neto        | 1         | 15        | 3         | 
| 2002168099| BEL       |           | Kenny Vermeuelen    | 1         | 11        | 0         | 
| 2002168103| NED       | CAN       | Ryan Eldridge       | 1         | 7         | 0         | 
| 2002177971| POL       |           | Przemysław Nocoń    | 3         | 3         | 0         | 
| 2002156976| NED       | CUW       | Cuco Veldhuis       | 1         | 5         | 9         | 
| 2002156981| NED       |           | Kenny de Graaf      | 2         | 11        | 0         | 
| 2002168097| NED       | MAR       | Younes Lakhsassi    | 3         | 16        | 2         | 
| 2002168104| NED       | SUR       | Sorencio Alberg     | 2         | 11        | 0         | 
| 2002156984| NED       |           | Desko Pronk         | 1         | 3         | 0         | 
| 2002156978| CUW       | NED       | Jetro Vicario       | 1         | 5         | 9         | 
| 2002156972| NED       | MAR       | Kamal El Omari      | 1         | 15        | 2         | 
| 2002177961| NED       |           | Jan Bruma           | 1         | 10        | 0         | 
| 2002186462| NED       |           | Theo Simons         | 1         | 16        | 0         | 
| 2002186466| NED       | MAR       | Ismail Jabrane      | 1         | 5         | 2         | 
| 2002186468| NED       | TUR       | Hüseyin Işık        | 1         | 16        | 2         | 
| 2002186471| NED       |           | Iwan Fortes         | 3         | 3         | 0         | 
| 2002186464| NED       |           | Jorrit Kuipers      | 2         | 2         | 0         | 

Edited by Neo_Geo

20 hours ago, Woockeez said:

If you are playing in a major country in Europe you just need one scout to do the opposition reports. However if you're playing a save like mine in a small obscure nation (St Vincent) you will want to collect scouts of other nationalities as you find them so your staff knowledge increases and you can hire better staff members. It's the only way I've been able to get decent coaches in my save. 

3 hours ago, Winski said:

Bummer it was busting your saves. I haven't had any problems with it yet and have used it for all my saves. Guess it's worth keeping a spare save handy. Congrats on the promotion! Awesome work flying into the top flight. 

I love the tiny leagues and as San Marino & Gibraltar are not allowed, I am returning to Andorra to try again.

Club Introduction

C. E. Jenlai

CE Jenlai - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

B78TVmd.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Poor              Adequate              None             None               Local   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                         Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Copa Constitució                    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

DT6uXt6.png

2038/39 League Split:

MbcQOiH.png

Considering we started the season with only one win in the first six matches I'm really happy where we are now. The young players I turned the team over to last season are stepping up and the return to my 4231 tactic has us on a roll winning 12 consecutive league matches.

Europe Update:

47W3DAN.png

We matched up with a team we actually shared a Champions League group with a few season back. We had the better of them 1-0 across both matches. This time:

1H1KkZl.png

We had a decisive 4-0 win on the road in the first leg and then took care of business 1-0 at home in the second leg. Next up is:

DBLe19O.png

I've never played these guys yet, so there's no history between the teams. Frankfurt have been a pretty consistent midtable team this save, with a wild demotion in 29/30 and immediate promotion the following season. Every few seasons they jump to the top half, probably get overwhelmed with schedule congestion by playing in Europe and then fall to mid table the next year and then rebound a couple years later. They are however in 2nd right now, so maybe they're breaking that trend. Should we get by them it's the winner of CFR Cluj from Romania or Real Valladolid from Spain. One of these four will be in the final: KV Mechelen from Belgium, Marseille from France, Slovan Bratislava from Slovakia, or Bohemians 1905 from Czech Republic. I could see us getting knocked out here or winning it all. Will be interesting.

Youth Intake:

72QI4Nf.png

6dlQGBk.png

A lot of good depth and some nice looking prospects at the top. No one ready to start any time soon though.

Out of interest, what is France like for this challenge?  I have only managed there very briefly a few FM’s ago and never in a youth only setting.

I know they have a good youth rating so I assume the quality that comes through the academy is good?  Also, as the fourth tier is view only, I assume, like Norway, I holiday a season and take over a newly promoted side into the third tier?

image.png.7300fb805a4ff425807c137669b9ea2b.png

image.png.73c55e5fa44a648f0817b54c66284605.png

F.C Lusitanos Andorra - Season 19 (40/41) Review

A great season domestically where we went unbeaten in the league and cup.  We managed to reach the last-16 of the Europa League but were battered by eventually winners Man Utd.  We have spent loads of money on two training facility upgrades and will soon have State of the Art facilities.

On The Pitch

First Team

image.png.19dbe520375c46addc618502ce032e0e.png

image.png.26e1b271498f738a8f8d59a7aa833244.png

Spoiler

First Team

image.png.202d7286982e88c6b4501839293ac136.png

High Potential Youth

image.png.d4ea746ebf1edda4d7f9baee7a377006.png

Domestic - League and Cup Double. Unbeaten in the league

image.png.67f58d0602fb432f1ead1be014609c91.png

Spoiler

image.png.b086dbd798eab4c85e708fca3d10a6e4.png

image.png.4f24e5e872493890795aec882ea4804d.png

Europe

Qualification

image.png.11cef28050948f0137d81a99464d17ef.png

Group

image.png.409f44804fd995dab63dad6a9a270460.png

Knockout Rounds

image.png.c969b950d6df37e8ec76fd21c5032752.png

Off The Pitch

Youth Intake - described in preview as Golden Generation (5 star)

image.png.32209da046ed10e1199a84b08a165e36.png

Preview and HoYD

Spoiler

image.png.14369bcba5ce979d50c71f3cccec1eed.png

image.png.db6d2cda86ee8f09545207e41320b0f8.png

Fans Player of the Year - Cristiano Daniel, simply amazing!

image.png.dea976c3a9d71520bf8382abf297d45c.png

Spoiler

image.png.75ce3aab579e00b8845b1b2e158dde1a.png

The Manager

Spoiler

image.png.16477324224a6cff66fbdc7210f5daae.png

image.png.baea16ab8818c9e155221a4fbb9c656d.png

image.png.9c5636a7875314eeee295b6bdd61e3df.png

Andorra (FIFA Ranking 167(+4):  1W 2D 7L)

Spoiler

image.png.fa5f4c60e517de0d4d57ede4d3e6186f.png

image.png.85a46229713b8e6dcf74b0fa7cdd0bbf.png

image.png.20ac0ed552e6e0bbab2a6b2a84259a11.png

image.png.601007aa643ace32210e0c2ed522d260.png

SUMMARY

image.png.eea56057c390a1343c77a8c7ec4f732e.png

image.png.515dae04cb3a80e4addb17a4918c62c1.png

image.thumb.png.fb8a894265c93e04ee46c12fe135a17b.png

52 minutes ago, SkiIIs said:

Youth Intake Review:

not sure why im getting so many poor personalities, exactly half of the intake is unambitious...

2022-06-07.png.f0c940914fda25d75d54b06035a61555.png

HOYD:

888892571_2022-06-07(2).png.affe11dd5e4de060c13d82733fc29385.png

giving him one more year...

Seems odd, I mean determined isn’t the same as ambitious but being determined certainly wouldn’t explain unambitious.

Its not just the unambitious, there aren’t any determined and in fact there is a low determination as well and a mercenary thrown in for good measure too.

Whats his star rating for his preferred job? I’d imagine based on his stats it’s no lower than 3.5

Edited by Neo_Geo

image.png.efb2f55f925c773b576303eafb61a884.png

Worthing FC - Season 14 - Sky Bet League One - Mid Year Review & Youth Intake Preview

So...I shouldn't have posted about living in a Jean-Claude Kitoko (YP06A) wonderland. This happened a week later and surely enough we struggled more than we had for the first handful of games in the season.

image.thumb.png.b1976a8c3b33c82843212c9f3658b354.png

League - 1st - Mid Way Point

However, even without our talisman, we managed to keep fighting and living the dream. Could we get 2 promotions in 3 years??? We certainly aren't going to get relegated this year and with Kitoko coming back in mid to late January I have faith that we can at least keep in the playoff spots.
image.thumb.png.c1bfec1771124f3db185cf1faffb1f86.png

Youth Intake Preview
Nothing too exciting here. I do think that we could do with a defensive midfielder, although in the last few seasons our central midfield has improved dramatically. The full backs could be useful as we are still pretty weak in that area.

image.thumb.png.c09ad23ad48cd073c105e6f5bb5c18b4.png

Jay Mitchell (YP11B) - Player Spotlight

Talking about an improvement in CM. We have an England U19 player in Jay Mitchell (YP11B) who has improved dramatically since joining the club. He has been here almost 3 years now and was a sub option last season, but has now taken over Simon Korhonen (YP03H) as my Box to Box Midfielder. I really believe he could be with us for a long long time to come.
image.thumb.png.e7e1bd866f7df0f3d5f9f164bf5d579a.png

Goodbye to Docherty - Record Transfer
Jonny Docherty (YP10A)
has been our first choice and strongest CB for a couple of years now. He started to get itchy feet, would not sign a new contract and was wanted by Championship and Premier League clubs. On transfer deadline day I asked for a silly price from Aston Villa (who he was unhappy that I rejected a 2mil bid for previously) and they accepted. To be honest I didn't think they were going to and almost cancelled the transfer, but we have been losing money this year and I think I have a few young CBs who can step up. Keeping him until the end of the season means at least it won't impact our current promotion bid.

image.thumb.png.8246216aa124f19298655b861dc40c3b.png

Edited by glennuk

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

Seems odd, I mean determined isn’t the same as ambitious but being determined certainly wouldn’t explain unambitious.

Its not just the unambitious, there aren’t any determined and in fact there is a low determination as well and a mercenary thrown in for good measure too.

Whats his star rating for his preferred job? I’d imagine based on his stats it’s no lower than 3.5

correct, 3.5 star rating

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 14 - Youth Intake - Golden Boys Again

I am less impressed with this intake than usual. However there are a few key players in key positions who could be in the starting lineup within their teenage years.

There is also a nice mix of nationalities in there, I know there has recently been talk of Scouts not impacting youth intake, but I have had a Serbian scout for about 2 years now...and got my first Serbian youth player, may just be coincidence though.

image.thumb.png.4b41c31a5613482d6a6e48e5a201a4e2.png

image.thumb.png.45702ef56508f1aa6105ae5ebd1ebc76.png

Top 3 - Youth Intake 14

Conall O'Hanlon (YP14A) - The preview was correct in predicting a strong DM. He will get stronger and improve his physicals I am sure.  He is very raw right now, but definitely has the potential to go far.

image.thumb.png.7f399dfcbdf3e8aeb2ba67c9216642f9.png

Alexsandar Stefanovic (YP14B) - In many way I am more excited about Alex than I am Conall. Alex (my pet name) has the potential to be a rotation piece in CB after the sale of Jonny Docherty (YP10A). If he can improve fast enough he may even be my 3rd choice CB by the time the next season starts. A good start to his physicals, decent tackling, heading and mentals. I have always enjoyed buying cheaper Serbians in other saves, so having one I can develop from the Youth Academy is exciting indeed.

image.thumb.png.082776096e885c948504fa9a85d1f754.png

Ciaran Lowe (YP14C)  - The personality does it for me. Driven players always seem to excel, so although I am not entirely happy about his starting stats (although I like that almost all his physicals are 9), I think he could improve alot. I will train him on his defensive positioning and then move him on to crossing and/or dribbling training and hope he can contribute to the attack as much as the defence.

image.thumb.png.54ae9c3f67a7b92cfed93f7d595b968b.png

image.jpeg.fde160c98be155a851080e2d223a03b0.jpeg

Season 2031/32 - League 1

After finishing just out of the play off spots last season, this year looked like it was going to be about progression. However we did lose out best striker from last season and the back up prospect who was ready to take the thrown only got to play the first game with us (scored and got POM) before Premier League clubs offered cash the Board could not reject.  He went on to make 23 premier league appearances for the year for Fulham who eventually were relegated, however his goal for Souths was his only.

302592143_2022-06-05(1).png.6eade960744510efa6066fbeb585afff.png

My expectations lifted after beating Dunfermline and Blackburn in preaseason, then started the season winning 3 and drawing 1 being against Derby (champions) away, MK Dons (playoffs) away and QPR away who i thought would be up there (they got relegated). We also played Everton in the Carabao Cup (unluckily at home which now makes it 6 games vs premier league teams all at home) and push them to penalties. 

The season completely faded after that and mid table mediocrity kicked in. We won 4 and drew 3 in the last 7 games to make it look better than it was but ironically it was the same amount of points as last season.  

148152803_2022-06-07(3).png.1f64e59df68a4ffa696b6c9a2b93ab5d.png

Thanks to the sale of Kelly, we were able to upgrade the training facilities twice and the youth facilities once. We should have good training facilities once complete and our youth facilities is now good as well.

2022-06-05.png.8e52b55a66e7678689a21d6270171338.png

764701316_2022-06-06(3).png.0433e7c72e2fdd52bf3aca30f940885b.png

We also had plans to expand the stadium by a bit however they were scrapped by the council.  I think as a sweetener the Board offered to uplift our Youth Category to 2 despite being red in Finances which i snapped their hands off for it!

2022-06-06.png.dedee36ace3b504b4ac871a495ea5a69.png

167215521_2022-06-07(5).png.2ae48d17dda62811afb9a4d41e6bfba3.png

1741800737_2022-06-07(6).png.ad7711e0acecdedb8415ea2a5097e470.png

Got quite a bit done off the field which will hopefully set us up for long term success. Had no choice but to play some of the youngsters this year and if we can keep them, im confident we can push a bit higher up the ladder next year. 

Fun Fact:

i now have 2 gun keepers, one is the under 21 English starter (Willock) the other is the under 20's English preferred (Brittain) who just won VNL and FA Trophy with Leyton Orient. 

Willock was my 5th top goalscorer with 6 goals for the season, has the best penalty taking attribute at 9. I will probably look to cash in on him as i doubt ill be able to get him to renew his contract

1199125628_2022-06-07(8).png.e1d5ed4c3fe65d1e3c59a5786fac35f7.png

682962961_2022-06-07(9).png.8e283529966d7e49a78af413a9ee129c.png

2022-06-06 (1).png

3 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

Youth Intake Review:

not sure why im getting so many poor personalities, exactly half of the intake is unambitious...

2022-06-07.png.f0c940914fda25d75d54b06035a61555.png

HOYD:

888892571_2022-06-07(2).png.affe11dd5e4de060c13d82733fc29385.png

giving him one more year...

All that the Determined personality guarantees is:

• Ambition = 1 - 11

• Determination = 17 - 20

Because of this if you generate a player and he has a slightly lower determination than your HOYD you will have a high likelihood of an Unambitious personality as that is:

Unambitious
• Ambition = 1 - 5
• Determination = 1 - 17
• Loyalty = 11 - 20

Im using this site for the ranges: https://www.fmscout.com/a-guide-to-player-personalities-football-manager.html

I basically only hire professional type personalities. If you can find a fairly professional even with lower Determination it will probably generate better personalities for you than this Determined guy. 

The one caveat is his media handling might signal that he has a good trait in another stat, but still will be setting yourself up for low Ambition in your intakes.

I would replace him. Others can speak to their preferences, but for me I go for: personality, media handling, and tactical style as the three most important attributes of my HOYD. The actual traits are secondary for me (and for this st Vincent save are basically all garbage). 

Edited by WhiteCat33

2 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

All that the Determined personality guarantees is:

• Ambition = 1 - 11

• Determination = 17 - 20

Because of this if you generate a player and he has a slightly lower determination than your HOYD you will have a high likelihood of an Unambitious personality as that is:

Unambitious
• Ambition = 1 - 5
• Determination = 1 - 17
• Loyalty = 11 - 20

Im using this site for the ranges: https://www.fmscout.com/a-guide-to-player-personalities-football-manager.html

I basically only hire professional type personalities. If you can find a fairly professional even with lower Determination it will probably generate better personalities for you than this Determined guy. 

The one caveat is his media handling might signal that he has a good trait in another stat, but still will be setting yourself up for low Ambition in your intakes.

I would replace him. Others can speak to their preferences, but for me I go for: personality, media handling, and tactical style as the three most important attributes of my HOYD. The actual traits are secondary for me (and for this st Vincent save are basically all garbage). 

thanks for this, its very useful!  I had read this before but didnt really understand it all, now its making sense!

have gone with this guy for now, fairly professional combined with a decent level of determination (for league 1 anyways)

242380945_2022-06-07(10).png.573ee8aaab5dd4f4b8f632c0118533c5.png

It is time for something different for me and a new country (for this challenge).  France.  I have holidayed for a season and taken over at Vannes OC, in the playable third tier.

Club Introduction

Vannes OC

Vannes Olympique Club Stickers du Vannes Olympique Club - Vannes Olympique  Club

The Manager

This is me.

wnicjbi.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Poor              Adequate              Adequate         Fairly Basic       Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                         Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                 Position     Coupe de France                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

*FM20*

Littlehampton_Town_F.C._logo.png.c9df212abdf4806c0695e61686091446.png

Littlehampton Town 2046-2047

Vanarama National League

Win.JPG.3071b8167bfe9724633f3bbd147aa034.JPG

What is this?

League.JPG.cd649402cfedeea3bc60611397b394cd.JPG
Graph.JPG.6abacfbeec033049a82259a499bab27b.JPG

A pretty surprising championship and finally promotion to League Two. With our mediocre results in recent years, I changed tactics and became more involved in the matches, but I didn't expect us to challenge for the title right away!

We got top spot with just a few games to go, lost it in the penultimate game against Scunthorpe, but they were beaten by Stevenage in the very last game.

Furthermore:

FATrophy.JPG.0163ea54bc11f9fcedb350a1918d7fb9.JPG

FATrophyFinal.JPG.88c21aa742495e8c06ed4d36a07a072f.JPG

We won the FA Trophy!

We got lucky tbh, I played the reserves for most of the games and we never really drew a top team. Newport in the final was playing in the VNS.

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.618fbd373000141e257b20a7b11e4046.JPG

Squad

Squad1.thumb.JPG.3b3a18431428f2cb4f0ef2a53b6b5365.JPG
Squad2.thumb.JPG.3895124e8681cdf251210045d4e8c46c.JPG

Our formation switch made us much more stable defensively, but we also scored less. As usual, Mbiyavanga-Domo and Molloy were our top scorers.

Luca Carroll didn't come through as a great prospect but developed into a decent goalkeeper. He's a bit short for my taste but his reflex saves have earned us a few points this season.

Antonis is not progressing as hoped but he's a pretty useful player. This was his first real stand-out season.

Mohamed was never in contention to get a starting spot before I changed tactics. His ratings are growing fast though, and he's already a regular Saudi national team player.

Page is going to be great for us. I got him from Unambitious to Fairly Professional in 1,5 seasons. He's not our biggest prospect but he's been really effective and will be a starter next season.

Carroll.thumb.JPG.3b3dc57709ba7ff6abe615b67cdc446d.JPG

Antonis.thumb.JPG.428cc0eab50867e756bc818026d7d3c8.JPG

Mohamed.thumb.JPG.2ee9ded10a4d69bb8e6ad068c23d212e.JPG

Page.thumb.JPG.411939e1bbec68428888d9799a930439.JPG

Youth intake

Youth.JPG.f87d5fbaa7d288ecc1205a3215d49b51.JPG

We needed a left back and we got one. I'm a bit concerned about our intakes in recent years.

YPourkhanmohammad.thumb.JPG.b2314fa43c336a9800ff0cceb45f8867.JPG

Last but not least: Sun Xiaodong has a Chinese name, was born in China but only has English nationality. This doesn't happen often in FM.

YXiaodongNationality.JPG.1800ae98e16c7e264368f85c2ce946a5.JPG

image.png.8a76bf6a75432b8c5ee079c0e11dbeb5.png

Toni Store Jugglers FC – St Vincent & The Grenadines
Season 17 2038/2039 SVG Championship

Performance

League Champion

Sad news, we lost our unbeaten streak. Note VIN has 18 game seasons...

image.png.2809b53b7a953a1b1205fe4d03fd6a80.png

Cup Champion

North American Champions League

image.png.3b2c2dd31062d4dc8c6b6a2fc6e6f100.png

image.png.a623951595a352a109831d1b24d782b0.png

Caribbean Club Championships

Group Stage

We actually tied Defense Force when we played them in T&T, but then we stormed through the rest of the matches to easily advance from what was a reasonable, but not difficult group

image.png.9c214fb6fa76e4c9cf639e0443384473.png

image.png.edda2130bc391d4e3f9af3913705ad90.png

Knockouts

Ugh we didn’t show up at all for the final. I dislike how it’s a Home game for one team as the odds have been awful for us. We’ve appeared in 9 finals, only 2 have been home games for us. 

image.png.19996b9381ce20dd9af8e0b11e8a0843.png

image.png.e8741cdc97e2cc8e8a674af3a87354d1.png

Squad

image.png.fdae2216ed21f6815efe9f3de41ab2ad.png

Overall Best XI

image.png.95a5c0daab03e2acda2de0ef2af3dde1.png

Transfers

image.png.fa25d843a62e7efc73e4150dc67be3c6.png

Youth Academy

YI Preview

image.png.417c00fc6281d623b1c41fe1de3b8567.png

Youth Intake

image.png.2bfdf6aa5c7eb2f10f5903b52560a470.png

Youth Intake Squad

image.png.4000fd51ce928cee121176c341b2a00c.png

Awful personalities this year for the high potentials, but 3 Elite Talents is high for this club. You have to remember the standards are much lower with the tiny island

image.png.39f41012cf440102abaaa1adb85a0ae7.png

Not sure how I will use Erel Burgin. Not fast, can’t shoot dribble or pass, but has high flair and first touch?

image.png.d35e6bcf03532ef138404db52cdedb73.png

Love the Tackling, Bravery and Jumping reach, but would be nice if he had a little more for mentals. With Light-Hearted I don’t have too much hope he’ll develop well either (considering my Realist has backslid this year). 

All the other talents are “Unambitious” so it’s not worth showing them. Maybe I can mentor them out of it? I don’t have high hopes. I only took 5

image.png.5b2cba38e4071e12e1d158da8babbcb3.png

Manager Thoughts

Not too impressive of a second fully professional season, but we are in the process of developing all new CBs so not keeping up our CCC streak isn't a surprise. I've played a whole additional season so I'll leave it here for now.

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

image.png.7829e4353d1f9bd54613b2006f6dfd87.png

Toni Store Jugglers FC – St Vincent & The Grenadines
Season 18 2039/2040 SVG Championship

Performance

League: Champion

Cup: Champion

North American Champions League:

Group Stage

We've advanced for the first time! Completing the challenge from St Vincent will take a lucky NACL Group like this one. We got a mid-table Mexican team and then the 2 leading Costa Rican teams. 

image.png.bd480203e392dd6964abbe43b52b5678.png\

Quarter Final

Here our draw was not nearly as lucky; we got Tigres. The only positive here is that the coach that took Tigres to 10 NACL trophies left to coach the Mexican national team. 

First Leg in Mexico:

Hide contents

The team got my blood boiling early in the first half when Ezra Williams drew a penalty. However, McLean couldn’t convert! Not just the PK but the follow up shot he took got blocked as well. Brutal luck, but still 0-0 at half. And the bad luck for McLean continues as he is a half a step offside and a 75’ goal is called back. So, we end 0-0 and we had the two best chances of the game. I am shocked we played so well against the most successful team of the save.

image.png.94aa780d25b367bf2a0b40b88af04566.png

Unfortunately between the two legs we lost our #1  (Malcolm Green) and #3 CBs to injuries, which has us stretched very thin in the center where we were already playing all U-18 players, so I have to start our 16 year old #4 CB for the most important game of the save thus far...

Second Leg in St Vincent:

Hide contents

And they hit us early 7’ min…and again 11’ in when my RB just spaced out and let his man receive a ball and run past him. And then our captain DLP gets injured in the 29’… and our 16 year old replacement CB gives up a penalty which is miraculously saved and then McLean 14b turns it around for a break away goal! Has the tide changed?! Nope, they get a3rd in the 80th to seal it. OR DID THEY? McLean answers with a goal in the 83rd! Sadly couldn’t push enough to break through again. We lose 2-3. I’m content with this loss. Considering where we are at as a club, it being this close is a big overachievement. 

image.png.4811dc32ad067d746f003da93d143119.png

Matches:

image.png.8bbf3280142b0fc19824d14153e9db38.png

Caribbean Club Championship

CCC Group Stage – Well we advance on GD as we had a disappointing final game against AS Capoise losing 0-1. But hey, we advance! 

image.png.a773940450656b9bdd0c3469df4ad950.png

image.png.ba0b156dc75d57b59e5f6fa121b340a0.png

CCC Knockouts -- I thought we were going to have another dud away performance in the final, but after a stern halftime talk the boys came back from 0-1 to win 2-1 in style. Makes up for last year’s disappointment.

image.png.6b03179199b5099118f75999a56f4691.png

image.png.00d7928f61b118f69a6b36f8606070b1.png

Squad

image.png.2102d77b3c5f85d66a590395694dfeaf.png

It's worth mentioning I feel we've hit the 'critical mass' where the whole team sways towards fairly professional / resolute. We now have at least 2-3 players per position group who are Professional/Resolute and can mentor any youngsters towards our preferred mentality. Granted, this only helps if they start with a reasonable personality, but its making a noticeable difference.

Transfers

image.png.bce34c883bd904ffcde356835ef91abe.png

Youth Academy

Youth Intake Preview

image.png.260734e760c54bb8e6a364ee96fca50e.png

Youth Intake

image.png.01bc49123940b9ba6d287ff58dbceb92.png

Youth Intake Squad

image.png.988223874dc9e8cc610605e8c93fcfc9.png

Yeah, this is a throwaway year for development. No elites and bad personalities. My HOYD was in his final year of contract and he did me the courtesy of leaving on his own when it ended. Again, St Vincent makes finding good staff very difficult. Not only do they need to want to come here, but they have to accept a very low salary. The coaches that will do that are the retired players who have a higher liklihood of accepting lower salaries. Roland Poeketi is a Professional from Suriname who agreed to be our HOYD as his first coaching job

image.png.a6881c2fa948da60510c2915ad9ecc63.png

As you can see, he's not the greatest so I'm going to take the risk of assigning my lone Model Citizen coach to pull in our youngsters in staff responsibilities. Shane Philip had a very short career in Dominica before retiring and becoming a coach. Someone asked a few days ago the point of scouts for the YAC - finding this staff member is the point of setting up scouting when you're playing a minor nation. Its fair to say he is the best staff member I've found, so hopefully I can keep him for a few years.

image.png.8360d2df07d83a94342012a9bf65083f.png

Club Improvements 

With our impressive performance as well as the extra prize money from winning I was just able to push through a facility upgrade. We had 2.6M in the bank and it took most of it at 2.1M

image.png.e5e21790ccc63766cc16e811c09efc08.png

Manager Thoughts & Excel

Excel: Season 1-15 ; Season 16 - 18

It's official that this save has also become victim of the YF bug as after this TF upgrade I can still improve them, but still have no option to upgrade the YFs. While this was critical in Slovenia, the Caribbean doesn't have the financial power that playing in the Champions League nets you in Europe. Because of this the true aim will be to try and get a Senior Affiliate eventually where we can send our youths, while we invest our prize money into building good training facilities. We also don't have to build nearly as good of a team to complete the challenge here. By my rough estimation I think our current squad is somewhere around the League 2 level. I'd say the best teams in Mexico (Pumas, Chivas & Tigres) are around about Top Championship Clubs or at beast bottom half Premier League teams.

While we are a ways off that talent-wise, our performance this year has me hopeful that with a very lucky season we could actually do it when my current young talent matures. The team is set up pretty well right now and I don't really need anyone specific from the intakes as well as have no near-term retirement concerns. This is good as I'm expecting it to take a couple years for my new HOYD+Coach team to start bringing in good talent. Now just to keep on playing and not ****-off the FM Gods :)  

image.png.d5dac79ae936b76abcdbe075af612d65.png

Fantastic achievement to get out the group! So glad you picked it up again. 

Trinidad, Jamaica and Grenada randomly tend to have good staff for this level.

@V50 Thanks! weve gotten close a couple times but breaking through felt great, and then we drew Tigres lol. Still shocked we actually put up a fight there. 

Interesting on Grenada, I'll admit that's not a nation I've bothered scouting so will have to get on that. I have max knowledge on T&T and Jamaica, and they definitely produce the most professional coaches. Issue is anyone good from those nations wants way too much salary. I've had good luck with Cuba for cheap coaches who are decent. Then its just luck finding retiring players at the right time. The coach hunting is a different kind of challenge that I'm not used to. 

Only downer on the save is not having the reputation to get foreign affiliates, though the ST Vincent national team benefits. Of course domestic completions are all Sims, but the CCC has remained competitive so I'm glad to see the bigger islands have held up so far into the future. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@V50 Thanks! weve gotten close a couple times but breaking through felt great, and then we drew Tigres lol. Still shocked we actually put up a fight there. 

Interesting on Grenada, I'll admit that's not a nation I've bothered scouting so will have to get on that. I have max knowledge on T&T and Jamaica, and they definitely produce the most professional coaches. Issue is anyone good from those nations wants way too much salary. I've had good luck with Cuba for cheap coaches who are decent. Then its just luck finding retiring players at the right time. The coach hunting is a different kind of challenge that I'm not used to. 

Only downer on the save is not having the reputation to get foreign affiliates, though the ST Vincent national team benefits. Of course domestic completions are all Sims, but the CCC has remained competitive so I'm glad to see the bigger islands have held up so far into the future. 

There are a couple nations with low wages - Haiti and Dominica (as you found) are also potentially lower wage than Saint Vincent

11 minutes ago, V50 said:

There are a couple nations with low wages - Haiti and Dominica (as you found) are also potentially lower wage than Saint Vincent

Suriname has been the nation for me finding bargain coaches. I got lucky early on to get a coach from there with good knowledge and I've grown my ranks ever since including the new HOYD. He agreed to just 230 p/w and anyone else near his 'skill' wanted 550+ p/w.   

1422631360_VVKatwijkLogo.png.1ca420d3038cf5ae1b42a42988cb6bc7.png

VV Katwijk Season 5 (2028/29) Review

Haven't been able to get as much time on this as I would have liked (and this weekend is looking the same) however the next time I pick this save up I'll be resuming in the Eredivisie as I managed to avoid the drop.

Competitions

Obviously we were predicted to finish last but managed to get 12th spot in the end, 8 points above the drop. The start of the season was incredible and after 4 games I was top of the league (I always seem to get a good start while other teams get up to speed then fade away).

The last game of the season was at home to RKC Waalwijk and it ended in a 3-2 win which was my first win since January 20th (a total of 14 games without a win), luckily not too long before that we had a 9 game unbeaten run with 6 wins which undoubtedly was the reason relegation was avoided.

2024264566_S5_10_LeagueStandings.png.544c361a5c67ae3b9aa9b688f0f1634e.png

In the Dutch Cup it was quarter finals and a home defeat to Heerenveen, which was a little disappointing.

Youth Intake

My word, what an intake this year with no less than 8 Elite talents!

730778582_S5_3_YouthIntakePreview.thumb.png.a2fbe24dba78a2672886518c44f6c15c.png

959765057_S5_5_YouthIntakeReview.thumb.png.9e714ef14e91503f0e21df8e9607d42b.png

A few standouts who made their way into the first team this season:

S5_6_Y05EliteB.thumb.png.437afa6c17d1bc6cbf1118ea01577c2d.png

S5_6_Y05EliteG.thumb.png.7936db97efe19faf3f2e5bffc66000ba.png

S5_6_Y05EliteD.thumb.png.5e27aa60d288e3d69a9e513afccf680e.png

Existing Players Review

Botermans continued to get the top scorer and Haddouti still with the most assists however understandably due to the increase in opposition quality these numbers fell rather sharply. Fikkert was a lifesaver this year in goal however we do have an Elite prospect keeper coming through now so I will have to try and rotate where possible.

S5_8_Players.thumb.png.e77ffbd63c12543935a1a4e36724bda0.png

It was a great season for Nelson Schutte (Y02EliteA) as he started a total of 34 matches and has really improved.

Ed Plezier (Y01EliteB) continues to improve steadily and managed 25 starts and as with Schutte is a 3.5 start CA player.

The other point to note was one of last years Elite prospects was the target of a transfer bid from Sparta Rotterdam, this was shortly after I started playing him more regularly totaling 22 starts this season

1454665026_S5_4_OfferforNeto.thumb.png.cc4bff81c4770480ae03dc774ad67c0e.png

Club

This year the focus was primarily on getting the youth recruitment improved and the junior coaching, then at the end of the season a further planned improvement to both training and youth facilities thanks to the prize money.

With the average attendance being 99% we have outgrown our stadium and based on the club vision it looks like they would prefer to expand (not that I've left much in the bank with the two planned improvements!)

S5_8_Facilities.thumb.png.1ea3a7475e8fc57179e68b48dc324595.png

Manager

This season I bagged the last of the coaching badges and was approached by Fortuna Sittard and Bordeaux for interviews

S5_8_Manager.thumb.png.009dad17657a972f4527fb94297fb695.png

Season 6 Aim

Continue to stay in the division and continue with the phasing out of the original squad players. The last game of the season 3-2 win against RKC Waalwijk had 9 graduates starting with only Haddouti and Botermans starting for the original squad members.

The tactic switch never really happened and we still rely too heavily on the wingers and Botermans, so next season it will be about gauging when the time is right to start to gradually change the tactics to control more possession and be more patient rather than always trying to counter.

S5_8_Competitions.png

yyPwWBl.png

7Z5pWkW.png

I've taken it as far as I can. I'm going to take a little run with the club with transfers and see if I can push it across the line in a season or two. I'm sure I'll be back pretty soon with a new run at the challenge in a different country :)

Wow I've not been on so much recently, missed a lot of cool stuff!

@DaddyDon't think any of us would begrudge you if you decide to end the challenge - to win a European trophy with an Israeli team using only youth prospects is incredible, what a save. Hope you get them over the line one way or the other!!

@skillsthat GK looks great, you're setting up well off the pitch, 

@Neo_Geosolid first season - that centre back will play for Holland one day he looks great

The lack of a youth team at East Thurrock put me off so I persevered with reloading and finally got Cray Wanderers. I wanted Cray Wanderers because they are a local side to myself and I used to play against the youth sides in my school days. 

Set Up

Manager Profile (Not sure why it says route one, I haven't played a game yet)

Appointment

Transfer History

Edited by BigJack

image.png.c3122e6222f94c4e9457f8bb16539167.png

Season Review 2029/30

League Table |  Fixtures 1 & 2  | Finances | Transfers

After the poor showing past few years, I changed to a back 3, with wing backs and wingers, 2 CMs and a AF. We had a much improved season, but again frustratingly collapsed down the straight, and missed out on 2nd place and a play off promotion, despite being top 2 most of the season. Frustrating, in that the team who finished 2nd, had inferior GD to us, and had just won promotion themselves! And interestingly, Oostende who dropped out the premier league into our league, got a 2nd successive relegation. They were heavily fancied so this was a huge shock. But a frustrating season to start on fire but then our usual inconsistencies crept in, I mean, look how we started!

But overall I'm pleased just to be away from the bottom of the league and having a comfortable season, my games are so reliant on getting first goal. If I fall behind - forget it, but if I can go in front I'm good to hold on usually!

Got linked with a premier league job which I thought was a bit weird, as was doing ok, but nothing special! But I'll take it as a good sign!

Team

I'll give a run down of my main stars!

Eugene Deirekx is by far best player at club - which is a shame as he's agreed to join a premier league team for £675k, but with 50% sell on. We will miss him!!

Nicholas De Matteo, played cutting in off the right wing, good player, finished season incredibly strongly, was brilliant toward end of season.

Mattis De Paepe, been in first team few years now, has 150+ games for us, I like him although he rarely sticks out in highlights.

Toma Pena - 16 year old midfielder who attributes wise looks great, but got sent off twice in like 13 appearances!  But if i can manage him, he'll be great!

Oliver  Kamango broke into team last few games cutting in off left wing, and I think he'll be a big player next season judging on how he finished season.

Brent Lippens - attracting interest from premier league, although he's a winger, I've found best performances from him played as a pressing forward on defend, so I'm not sure how to use him!

Admir Hadzic - our GK, bosnian u21 international, Brugge wanted him and i rejected it it was something stupid like £50k, and i had 3 years left on his deal. He got angry for a few weeks then settled down, probably his unambitious personality!

Louis Bracke featured more toward end of season, I tried to make him into a LWB such was my desperation at this position, he was ok, but playing as a RWB or right winger he did well too, like the look of him!

Alain Kisesa, whilst being crap - is the first player we produced to get called up to the World Cup!

Youth Preview | Intake 1 & 2 & 3 | Squad View

Some good depth this year from the intake, few players who I think will be first team players in a year, have featured below some of the best ones.

Zniber - left winger

Van der hoek - left back - he'll be in team before long, we are a joke at left back/LWB.

Lance Weston - a Belgian/American! Looks good I think.

Cheng Yujie - Belgian/Chinese - rubbish physicals but I still think there's a player there.

Rayan Amouche - nothing special but I'm documenting him as its my 3rd model citizen in a row - the previous 2 changed to "light hearted" within weeks, so this is a project, going to watch him like a hawk and see what happens!

Mohamed Sangare - Ivorian striker, I think he looks like DLF?

Next season, have 2 strong teams being relegated from Pro League A- Westerlo, who are loaded with young talent with high values, and Cercle Brugge, who are also on paper way better than anything else in this league.

So I think we need to just get the system tweaked, and give ourselves few seasons - one year, we'll get lucky and fluke a promotion, but it won't be next year.