Jump to content

FM24 - PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Hi All,

Hoping to get back into FM after many many years away! So many years away my old forum account doesn't appear to exist anymore..

Didn't factor this decision when getting a new laptop recently... however anyone have any thoughts on how the game will work on this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-IPS-Level-i7-8565U-Graphics-ScreenPad/dp/B085P318SZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thank you in advance!

 

It's not one I'd overly recommend - looks like the CPU will get throttled under load and FM is quite CPU heavy.  I think you're paying a huge premium for that touchscreen trackpad.  Was that something you needed?

image.thumb.png.efac34236fb4b8083853dd1820913ab9.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

It's not one I'd overly recommend - looks like the CPU will get throttled under load and FM is quite CPU heavy.  I think you're paying a huge premium for that touchscreen trackpad.  Was that something you needed?

image.thumb.png.efac34236fb4b8083853dd1820913ab9.png

It was mostly a work laptop purchase, and then realised afterwards.. maybe I could get back into FM. I got it reduced quite heavily during the Amazon Prime deal at least

I accept your point on the CPU, I am not an expert at all, but is there anything in there for 4 processor cores? (optimism)

 

Processor Family

10th gen Intel Core i7

Processor Frequency

1.8 GHz

Processor Boost Frequency

4.9 GHz

Processor Cores

4

 

p.s., No I definitely didn't need to the touchscreen pad, it just seemed for the value at the time the best general laptop available

Edited by mark_87
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mark_87 said:

It was mostly a work laptop purchase, and then realised afterwards.. maybe I could get back into FM. I got it reduced quite heavily during the Amazon Prime deal at least.

I accept your point on the CPU, I am not an expert at all, but is there anything in there for 4 processor cores? (optimism)

 

Processor Family

10th gen Intel Core i7

Processor Frequency

1.8 GHz

Processor Boost Frequency

4.9 GHz

Processor Cores

4

What I will say is, it will work.  However you could get something far better for roughly the same money (literally an extra £15), such as this:

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/optimusXI-15/TJcCzPV60q/

Here's the difference in the processors according to the notebookcheck benchmarks:

image.thumb.png.474922cfa3d2b7a47ce0ce5ee6630b0f.png

With a higher TDP, you're not going to get the same throttling as you would on the other i7, plus you get 2 more cores which will give you a better overall system performance.

If you want to go for the one at Amazon, go for it but be aware of what I've said.  But you are definitely paying a large premium for that fancy touchpad thingy it has.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

What I will say is, it will work.  However you could get something far better for roughly the same money (literally an extra £15), such as this:

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/optimusXI-15/TJcCzPV60q/

Here's the difference in the processors according to the notebookcheck benchmarks:

image.thumb.png.474922cfa3d2b7a47ce0ce5ee6630b0f.png

With a higher TDP, you're not going to get the same throttling as you would on the other i7, plus you get 2 more cores which will give you a better overall system performance.

If you want to go for the one at Amazon, go for it but be aware of what I've said.  But you are definitely paying a large premium for that fancy touchpad thingy it has.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the advice , much appreciated

I will consider..  I'd actually already bought that laptop, and am already using it now but can maybe send back.

I would say at least one silver lining is I paid £850 for it in the sale, not the £1,000 it is at now, and about £850 was my planned budget.

One final query, how would this spec translate to actual gameplay in simple terms? Thanks!

Edited by mark_87
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the advice , much appreciated

I will consider..  I'd actually already bought that laptop, and am already using it now but can maybe send back.

I would say at least one silver lining is I paid £850 for it in the sale, not the £1,000 it is at now, and about £850 was my planned budget.

One final query, how would this spec translate to actual gameplay in simple terms? Thanks!

If you've already bought it and are using it, I'm not sure what rights of return would be. 

It's honestly quite hard to say without testing it personally. It may be that when you play, you have no issues. There will be no problems in terms of graphics capability due to the dedicated graphics card, so the question will be the processing between matches. 

They've apparently made optimisations to improve processing speeds for FM21, so if you already have a recent FM game fire it up and see how it does and you should hopefully get a rough idea for how FM21 will run, as the requirements don't change a whole lot year on year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This computer is on sale tomorrow here  Denmark for  700 £  . Think its a good offer. Iam only play Fm on computer.  What will you guys think ? 

https://www.europc.co.uk/dell-g3-15-3590-gaming-black-intel-core-i7-9750h-16gb-ram-512gb-ssd-15-6-1920x1080-fhd-6gb-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660ti-dell-1-yr-wty-135798.html

Edited by birkelse
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

If you've already bought it and are using it, I'm not sure what rights of return would be. 

It's honestly quite hard to say without testing it personally. It may be that when you play, you have no issues. There will be no problems in terms of graphics capability due to the dedicated graphics card, so the question will be the processing between matches. 

They've apparently made optimisations to improve processing speeds for FM21, so if you already have a recent FM game fire it up and see how it does and you should hopefully get a rough idea for how FM21 will run, as the requirements don't change a whole lot year on year. 

Ok  thank you.

I actually haven't played FM since 2010! However I am currently downloading the FM 2020 demo. That should give a view on how it performs :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Ok  thank you.

I actually haven't played FM since 2010! However I am currently downloading the FM 2020 demo. That should give a view on how it performs :thup:

Yeah, should definitely give you a good idea.

How acceptable the processing speed is would be entirely subjective, so it's always impossible to fairly comment on that. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hygge96 said:

You probably won't find anything better for the price - should do pretty well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, liamdaniels8 said:

How many leagues would it be able to run at what star rating etc? Any insight at all?

As per the original post:

[quote]There is no way to know for certain how many Leagues/Divisions/Database size or how fast the game will progress. One user may be happy with the game progressing a week in 20 minutes, for others that may be too slow, so It's all subjective.[/quote]

What I can tell you is that the CPU in that laptop is decent.  The star ratings for game speed the game shows should also be taken with a grain of salt as well.

 

EDIT: Although, for the same price, I'd choose this over it as the CPU is stronger than the other one: https://www.box.co.uk/FX505GT-BQ008T-ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505GT-BQ008T_2940903.html

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on this? www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-pcs/pc-specialist-tornado-r5-gaming-pc-amd-ryzen-5-gtx-1660-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10205579-pdt.html
 

use for fm, couple of steam games and discord/Netflix... cheers.

Edited by TakaStfc
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TakaStfc said:

Any thoughts on this? https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-pcs/pc-specialist-tornado-r5-gaming-pc-amd-ryzen-5-gtx-1660-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10205579-pdt.html
 

use for fm, couple of steam games and discord/Netflix... cheers.

What other games are you playing?

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

Should be excellent - I have effectively the same setup for my own PC (only difference my one has the 1660 Super graphics card and is a little weaker than the Ti version in this) and it's run everything I've thrown at it.  Mostly at 1080p Ultra (or very high in a couple of cases), and most things have managed 60fps for me (exceptions being MS Flight Sim 2020, which varies between 30 and 45fps depending on the area, Train Simulator which seems to hover around 50fps and Watch Dogs Legion which I needed to dial down to half v-sync at 30fps).

What other games are you playing?  Just to be on the safe side.

Sounds very promising thanks.

 

Crusader kings 3, Civ 6 and phasmophobia are the main ones along with FM - Sounds like should be more than good enough if yours runs those games.

 

thanks for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TakaStfc said:

Sounds very promising thanks.

 

Crusader kings 3, Civ 6 and phasmophobia are the main ones along with FM - Sounds like should be more than good enough if yours runs those games.

 

thanks for the help

Hold up - I've realised a couple of things.

I've re-read the description.  Realised it's the standard 1660.  This should still be fine to be honest, but one thing you may wish to consider as well as getting a machine with a higher RAM speed to maximise performance.

This is effectively the same setup, but with a difference case and faster RAM and it'll save you some cash too. https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/amd-am4-gen3-pc/fanAv7FFdZ/

Edited by kevhamster
Added info
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, birkelse said:

Yep, looks good.  Excellent processor, excellent graphics capability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, 

Am after some advice on a laptop to purely play FM21, with the odd bit of internet browsing. Like everyone I guess, I want it to run fast with around 5-10 leagues running and would like to run the 3D graphics at max, is this possible for between £500-650? Have had a look at some of the previous posts and a lot of the Argos ones seem to be unavailable. Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Beta is almost there. I'd like to ask this, before i actually decide to have a go for FM21.

I have played FM20 on my refurb. T430, i dont play big with many leagues and also play with 2D. So graphics dont matter right? On FM20 the laptop was fine and smooth enough. Could it work with FM21 when i get it also? Saw some specs changed for the FM21 somehow.

My laptop has:

i5 3320M , 2,60Ghz , 8Gb ram. 

 

Offt: Can i play the Beta if i decide to get FM21 after the Beta release? Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, f.zaarour said:

The Beta is almost there. I'd like to ask this, before i actually decide to have a go for FM21.

I have played FM20 on my refurb. T430, i dont play big with many leagues and also play with 2D. So graphics dont matter right? On FM20 the laptop was fine and smooth enough. Could it work with FM21 when i get it also? Saw some specs changed for the FM21 somehow.

My laptop has:

i5 3320M , 2,60Ghz , 8Gb ram. 

 

Offt: Can i play the Beta if i decide to get FM21 after the Beta release? Thanks in advance.

If you were happy with how it worked for FM20, it should also be fine for FM21.  They have apparently optimised the game so processing is quicker.

In terms of the last bit, you'd need to ask that to SI, as I don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ginola* said:

Is that Dell laptop better than this one that was mentioned earlier?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9396461

Sorry, can you specify exactly which one?  I've looked at about 20 laptops for people today and they all kind of meld into one after a while.  If you can provide the links for both, then I can work out which one should be better.  But, I will now be offline until around 7.30pm this evening so I won't be able to provide any further responses til at least then.

@roblink86 I'll answer you this evening too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Sorry, can you specify exactly which one?  I've looked at about 20 laptops for people today and they all kind of meld into one after a while.  If you can provide the links for both, then I can work out which one should be better.  But, I will now be offline until around 7.30pm this evening so I won't be able to provide any further responses til at least then.

@roblink86 I'll answer you this evening too.

Sorry, this Dell one:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-3000-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-black-10214380-pdt.html

against this one:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9396461

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

If you were happy with how it worked for FM20, it should also be fine for FM21.  They have apparently optimised the game so processing is quicker.

In terms of the last bit, you'd need to ask that to SI, as I don't know.

Cool, hope so then. In the case of graphics by the way, if i use 2D, then my graphics dont matter right? 

And about processing, is that why the specs minimum are now 4gb ram instead of 2gb (in FM20) and is the processor minimum not intel pentium anymore but intel core for FM21, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ginola* said:

First one

  • Windows 10
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
  • Full HD screen
  • Battery life: Up to 8.5 hours

Second one

  • AMD Ryzen 5 R5 3500U processor.
  • Quad core processor.
  • 8GB RAM DDR4.
  • 256GB SSD storage.
  • Microsoft Windows 10.

Literally the exact same specs.

And for that price I can't imagine you would do any better. 

If I were in your shoes I'd pocket that £500 and save another bit.

 

Edited by Smurf
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smurf said:

First one

  • Windows 10
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
  • Full HD screen
  • Battery life: Up to 8.5 hours

Second one

  • AMD Ryzen 5 R5 3500U processor.
  • Quad core processor.
  • 8GB RAM DDR4.
  • 256GB SSD storage.
  • Microsoft Windows 10.

Literally the exact same specs.

And for that price I can't imagine you would do any better. 

If I were in your shoes I'd pocket that £500 and save another bit.

 

Or hope Dustin Johnson wins The Masters so I have a few more quid to spend :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

They have apparently optimised the game so processing is quicker.

In terms of the last bit, you'd need to ask that to SI, as I don't know.

I don't think they have optimised it, they have removed a lower end obsolete processor from the minimum specs, which means the lowest end processor they support at 1.8ghz. 

That was my understanding of the change for FM21. @EdL

The way I thought it was now is that the lowest ranked minimum spec at 1.8ghz is supported under minimum specs?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ginola* said:

Or hope Dustin Johnson wins The Masters so I have a few more quid to spend :D

It wouldn't be that bad - but as per the opening post 

-We don't know

- Generally the less you pay the less you can do with FM. So for another 100 quid you'd get better/faster gameplay and probably more longevity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ginola* said:

Or hope Dustin Johnson wins The Masters so I have a few more quid to spend :D

 

2 minutes ago, Smurf said:

It wouldn't be that bad - but as per the opening post 

-We don't know

- Generally the less you pay the less you can do with FM. So for another 100 quid you'd get better/faster gameplay and probably more longevity.

For example - this one pops up and would be better.

https://www.box.co.uk/81LK0039UK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2934443.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, goosey3131 said:

This thread has been a great read as I'm looking to buy a new laptop. One thing that comes to mind though is how good FM performs on Stadia? Is it quick and easy? Is it as good as it suggests?

Not sure to be honest. I googled some reviews and videos - but best to make your own mind up. 

 

2 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Really curious to find out just how powerful these new Apple M1 chips will be in regards to FM. 

There's really no info on them at the moment - that I can find, if you have anything please share. 

As it's new, untested, and FM21 will be new, it might be very difficult to draw conclusions until some comparisons are done against other CPU/APUs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all,

Thanks for the continued fine work on this thread (it's a fine example of why I'm still on these forums after more than a decade). With FM21 coming up I want a new laptop to purely play FM with. Budget is around 500-700 quid range. I'm currently out in Canada but would appreciate any brands / models I should be looking for.

The three I've shortlisted (and bear in mind I have zero technical knowledge) are:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dell-g5-15-6-gaming-laptop-grey-amd-ryzen-5-4600h-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-radeon-rx-5600m-windows-10/14682946

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-15-6-gaming-laptop-black-amd-ryzen-5-4600h-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-win-10/14583603?cmp=knc-s-71700000069292481&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UV_olDSH2AlbSxWtdCeRBvW8HKLTFVXvcW_1FkqZsckUW2lDLa5sfhoCt_IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Nitro-9300H-Windows-AN515-54-5812/dp/B086KJBKDW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UYl7E5LlKIJQ0r342eJLdda64G6t1z2KASqcrZTjDqqe_uHDWEZMiBoCniMQAvD_BwE&hvadid=208322454463&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001545&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2780429351804091869&hvtargid=kwd-317358447003&hydadcr=4646_9337931&keywords=acer+nitro+5&qid=1605032692&sr=8-1-spons&tag=googcana-20&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVEZBTUhDTzNBSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRJZD1BMDQ0NzU2OTVQSDRFMlhUMVdRUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDQwMTI1TjhIWk9WS1lQT0oxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Any guidance / recommendations greatly received. And if I'm completely in the wrong ballpark any recommendations on a decent brand / model to look at would be hugely appreciated! 

Edited by beverage1982
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

I don't think they have optimised it, they have removed a lower end obsolete processor from the minimum specs, which means the lowest end processor they support at 1.8ghz. 

That was my understanding of the change for FM21. @EdL

The way I thought it was now is that the lowest ranked minimum spec at 1.8ghz is supported under minimum specs?

 

Miles has mentioned that the game has been optimised in one of his preview interviews he did.  I don't have the link to hand, but I've definitely read that in the last couple of days.  How that translates to real world performance remains to be seen, but he has definitely said it.  If I can find which interview it was, I'll link it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, goosey3131 said:

This thread has been a great read as I'm looking to buy a new laptop. One thing that comes to mind though is how good FM performs on Stadia? Is it quick and easy? Is it as good as it suggests?

I can only go off the videos I saw when Stadia first launched.  Youtuber Kev Chapman (Lollujo) did a review of FM on Stadia and found it processed slightly quicker on his own PC than on Stadia, but his PC was top notch anyway.  Stadia should in theory be equivalent to a high spec PC, but if you use custom graphics like logo or kit packs, you can't do that on Stadia, nor can you use the editor or edited files.

And of course, you do need a very good internet connection for Stadia to work as well as it should.

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, roblink86 said:

Hi guys, 

Am after some advice on a laptop to purely play FM21, with the odd bit of internet browsing. Like everyone I guess, I want it to run fast with around 5-10 leagues running and would like to run the 3D graphics at max, is this possible for between £500-650? Have had a look at some of the previous posts and a lot of the Argos ones seem to be unavailable. Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated 👍🏻

I would go for either:

1) https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8440710

or 

2) https://www.box.co.uk/FX505GT-BQ008T-ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505GT-BQ008T_2940903.html

1 has the stronger processor out of the 2, and 2 has the stronger graphics card of the 2.

If I was to choose, and FM was the only game I played, out of the two I would go for the one at Argos, as I'd prioritise the speed of processing over the graphics card, especially as I don't imagine the graphics engine will go beyond what the 1050 can handle, unless SI do something drastic with the 3D graphics.go

Either laptop is a good choice though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Damse1994 said:

Hi All

I have been thinking about changing my old Macbook Pro from 2014, with the following specs:

I really want a Macbook again (yes i know it's pricy), will the how will the following compare to the one I have now?

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 19.44.55.png

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 19.49.05.png

My guess is you'll see a fairly significant jump in processing speed based on the difference in the CPU's.  But I'll be straight up in that I'm not very knowledgeable about how Macs perform, as I've never owned one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

My guess is you'll see a fairly significant jump in processing speed based on the difference in the CPU's.  But I'll be straight up in that I'm not very knowledgeable about how Macs perform, as I've never owned one.  

I think the speed of the game is fine on my current Macbook and I only play in 2D, so I guess the GPU aren't as important. Would it be worth it to splash out the ekstra 200 dollars on the i7?

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 20.12.30.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

My guess is you'll see a fairly significant jump in processing speed based on the difference in the CPU's.  But I'll be straight up in that I'm not very knowledgeable about how Macs perform, as I've never owned one.  

I'm no Mac expert but we did buy one last year and although it looks and sounds great it is absolute dog at running anything. 

However as the wife and I are now seperated she can have the bloody thing - I've been out and brought a high spec gaming PC and widescreen monitor. Can't wait to run FM on it

It's an extravagence as the whole set up cost £2k but hey, it's my treat!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, beverage1982 said:

Hey all,

Thanks for the continued fine work on this thread (it's a fine example of why I'm still on these forums after more than a decade). With FM21 coming up I want a new laptop to purely play FM with. Budget is around 500-700 quid range. I'm currently out in Canada but would appreciate any brands / models I should be looking for.

The three I've shortlisted (and bear in mind I have zero technical knowledge) are:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dell-g5-15-6-gaming-laptop-grey-amd-ryzen-5-4600h-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-radeon-rx-5600m-windows-10/14682946

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-15-6-gaming-laptop-black-amd-ryzen-5-4600h-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-win-10/14583603?cmp=knc-s-71700000069292481&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UV_olDSH2AlbSxWtdCeRBvW8HKLTFVXvcW_1FkqZsckUW2lDLa5sfhoCt_IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Nitro-9300H-Windows-AN515-54-5812/dp/B086KJBKDW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UYl7E5LlKIJQ0r342eJLdda64G6t1z2KASqcrZTjDqqe_uHDWEZMiBoCniMQAvD_BwE&hvadid=208322454463&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001545&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2780429351804091869&hvtargid=kwd-317358447003&hydadcr=4646_9337931&keywords=acer+nitro+5&qid=1605032692&sr=8-1-spons&tag=googcana-20&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVEZBTUhDTzNBSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRJZD1BMDQ0NzU2OTVQSDRFMlhUMVdRUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDQwMTI1TjhIWk9WS1lQT0oxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Any guidance / recommendations greatly received. And if I'm completely in the wrong ballpark any recommendations on a decent brand / model to look at would be hugely appreciated! 

I'd choose this one:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dell-g5-15-6-gaming-laptop-grey-amd-ryzen-5-4600h-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-radeon-rx-5600m-windows-10/14682946

The two at Bestbuy have the same CPU as each other, and is better than the one at Amazon, but the first one has the stronger graphics card of the two at bestbuy.

That said, all three of them are excellent so you'll be fine whichever one you choose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I'd choose this one:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dell-g5-15-6-gaming-laptop-grey-amd-ryzen-5-4600h-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-radeon-rx-5600m-windows-10/14682946

The two at Bestbuy have the same CPU as each other, and is better than the one at Amazon, but the first one has the stronger graphics card of the two at bestbuy.

That said, all three of them are excellent so you'll be fine whichever one you choose.

Thank you kind sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Yeah, should definitely give you a good idea.

How acceptable the processing speed is would be entirely subjective, so it's always impossible to fairly comment on that. :)

Hello again Kev!

 

So to report back, the FM 2020 demo seems to be working fine and quick on running the English league. Does the demo of 2020 suggest that the full version 2021 should also be ok, with hopefully a few different leagues on? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Damse1994 said:

I think the speed of the game is fine on my current Macbook and I only play in 2D, so I guess the GPU aren't as important. Would it be worth it to splash out the ekstra 200 dollars on the i7?

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 20.12.30.png

The two CPUs score very closely on the benchmarking sites, so my gut feeling would be no.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...