Your largest profit from a single player?

What’s the largest profit you’ve made from one player? I bought an 18 y.o. regen from a South American team for £8.75m, 3 years later Man City put in a £60m bid. In response I suggested £120m and they’ve actually accepted, for a player only valued at £27m. 

Part of me wants to keep him as he’s my striker and best player, but I’m struggling to keep up with Bayern’s spending in the Bundesliga. This sort of money could allow me to upgrade half of my squad. 

So back to my original question, what’s the largest profit you’ve made from a single player? 

Bought a Peruvian striker with great passing and vision for 300k, paired him with a striker who was all about scoring and got him to win Golden Boy and U21 player of the year And sold him to Hampton for 40 million and a 30% sell on fee.

I once signed a 18-year-old winger from Argentina for 9.5k. He had an okay potential, but he never played a single game in the five-and-a-half years he spent at the club. And yet, Los Angeles FC graced me with their atrocious spending practices and managed to sell him for 61M + 40% of a future sale.

Name: Dani Olmo
Club: Dinamo Zagreb
Purchase Price: £16.25M

Sold to: Real Madrid for £86M.

PROFIT: £69.75M

He played 3 seasons for me at United and was ok for 2 seasons.....he last season was not great. Sold him in 2023/24 for a healthy profit and everyone was happy.

I sign young players for free transfers.

Then once I get a bid for them I tend to accept mostly anything.

But  I put in the clause that I get 50% of the next transfer fee.

Roll on a few years and I could have 5 or 6 players and taking half their transfer fee to big clubs, say about 40-60m each, earning me a nice profit.

23 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Not my biggest profit ever, but shows why a sell on clause is so important at smaller clubs!

3C3EA037-F457-494B-B918-3C18344B4BA3.png

i also had the same player in my club save and wow!....i am shocked to see how he develoepd within your save.

In my club save that player has gone on to be a bit of a journey man at championship level... he never developed into the player i hoped he would be but i can see on your save he has really done well. 

Also financially you did good out of it as well....very nice :)  

On 29/07/2020 at 18:58, Spanner said:

Name: Dani Olmo
Club: Dinamo Zagreb
Purchase Price: £16.25M

Sold to: Real Madrid for £86M.

PROFIT: £69.75M

He played 3 seasons for me at United and was ok for 2 seasons.....he last season was not great. Sold him in 2023/24 for a healthy profit and everyone was happy.

Similar to me - I got Olmo at Dortmund in my release database save for £10.5m when he forced his way onto the Dinamo transfer list, and in January 2023, Liverpool came in for him, and I negotiated them up to £108m upfront, with an extra £12m over 3 years.

On 02/08/2020 at 04:02, JordanMillward_1 said:

Similar to me - I got Olmo at Dortmund in my release database save for £10.5m when he forced his way onto the Dinamo transfer list, and in January 2023, Liverpool came in for him, and I negotiated them up to £108m upfront, with an extra £12m over 3 years.

That is a lovely profit and nice work getting the big money upfront.

I think the biggest issue i had was that his 3rd and final season with me, was so poor. Plus Real Madrid scouted him for about 5months and really unsettled him.