I need a new challenge.....

Hi everyone! Hope you’re all staying safe!

As the title suggests I need a new challenge! I’ve played FM for years, and I love taking a mediocre team and making them great, signing players mostly transfer listed and unwanted by bigger teams! On FM20 I’ve won Serie A with Atalanta, La Liga with Real Sociedad, and the Premiership with Wolves, plus I’ve tried a couple of new saves with Milan, RB Leipzig and Arsenal (who I support) 

I love to get really stuck into a game and if anyone can suggest any good challenges I’ve not considered? It would have to be a European based league where I can use my knowledge etc!

Thanks for any suggestions in advance 🙏🏻

Have you tried a proper Lower League Management game? Non-League is a completely different beast to a top 5 league. 

Otherwise I would suggest a Glory Hunter game where you attempt to win the top 5 leagues + world cup + Champions league.

On a Kaiserslautern save at the moment.

top flight team not long ago languishing in the 3rd tier of German football. First managed them years ago in the 90s when the foreign league CDs cam out so it’s a bit of nostalgia.

good luck mate

Here's an idea for a challenge:

Only give players wage equal or less than your manager's wage. A player's contract can't have any bonus attached except for competition achievements and loyalty bonus (or signing fee).

Combined competition bonus can't be more than 50 times of the player's weekly wage.

Loyalty/signing bonus can't be more than than the player's weekly wage multiplied by contract length in months. 12K bonus for 12 months contract of 1000 weekly wage for example.

Every year if you fail to get your manager a raise in salary you need to resign and your contract length can never be more than two years and never have automatic wage rise.

I feel like doing this would make contract decisions way more meaningful while also make the human player do their best in order to get enough wage for good players.

• Administrators
On 24/04/2020 at 23:49, benjichilds said:

Hi everyone! Hope you’re all staying safe!

As the title suggests I need a new challenge! I’ve played FM for years, and I love taking a mediocre team and making them great, signing players mostly transfer listed and unwanted by bigger teams! On FM20 I’ve won Serie A with Atalanta, La Liga with Real Sociedad, and the Premiership with Wolves, plus I’ve tried a couple of new saves with Milan, RB Leipzig and Arsenal (who I support) 

I love to get really stuck into a game and if anyone can suggest any good challenges I’ve not considered? It would have to be a European based league where I can use my knowledge etc!

Thanks for any suggestions in advance 🙏🏻

Try this forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/29-challenges-sign-ups-experiments/

How about a county/city challenge by starting off at the lowest level club for the area for example in Gtr Manchester you can starts at Curzon in the Conference North then by either managing them through the leagues or becoming the manager of a higher level club from the same area win the top league, domestic cup/s and a European trophy in one season (it's not as easy as it sounds believe me), for added difficulty you could also only sign players born in the area.

• Administrators

I enjoy picking a team and then for the duration of the save only signing players and staff from that nation. 

Obviously the more obscure the nation you pick, the harder it is, but it's a chance to develop some of those countries into world beaters. 

FC Andorra. It’s a blast. 1200 capacity stadium in division 3 in Spain, but not a Spanish team so only getting Andorrans through youth ranks. My long term plan is Andorra to get to World Cup. Another similar one is SAN Marino in Italy

Come and have a look at the Youth Academy challenge

taken me 80 years to get Scarborough into the Premier League !

ive been doing the Youth Academy challenge for the last 4/5 years of the game.

absolutely brilliant challenge and takes real patience