[FM20] Return Of The Legends

WALLPAPER888975b225805b78a1e.jpg

Here we go again! 5th edition of the most popular database for FM is released! This year with another expanded version that will include even more legendary clubs and players. With this update you will have an opportunity to play and manage 4500 legends spread all over the world in their respective teams.

All of the major and many minor leagues are filled with clubs which possess their all-time greats and are under the guidance of some the managers , coaches and chairmans who ever graced the game.

Winning anything in this update is a success, as many clubs and national teams have some of the best talent that ever appeared in history of football. Italian, English, German, Spanish and French clubs are strongest competitors. And not just the major ones. There are teams from Holland, Belgium, Scotland, Russia, Ukraine, Austria, former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or from Portugal who have good chances of winning the Champions League as much as the teams who are coming from the stronger leagues. This is like a Football Manager hard mode!

The players who are coming from the oldest eras of football are older than the ones who are appeared later and therefore are closer to their peak and reaching their full potential.

And don’t worry the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Mbappe still exist, but are a younger versions of themselves and are relocated to their parent clubs. Because of that your task as a manager is even more challenging as it’s up to you to develop them into world-class players they are today and if you succeed to make them a part of your squad.

This is a thrilling update which can bring any Football Manager fan into an ecstatic state of nostalgia with no doubt that they will enjoy the game even more and find it refreshing and challenging like never before. Also were done and facepack for all players, which will further give the game interesting.

UPDATES:

1. 500 new legends including filled squads of Piacenza, Cesena, Como, Luchese, Pro Vercelli, SK Jugoslavija, Asante Kotoko, Atvidaberg, Pristina, QPR, Sheff Wed, Valladolid, Rosenborg.

Added legends like Friday, Hislop, Schillaci, Ganz, Cuccureddu, Ferri, Salenko, Fresi, Immel, Jose Mari, Nihat, Povlsen, Negrete, Rufai, Lerby...

2. The values and wages of the players have been corrected to a more reasonable level. Maximum wage in top 5 leagues are 120k p/w, and max. value are 70 mil. euros.

3. The participants of european cups have been changed so in the first season there would play clubs that deserve it by tradition and successes through history.

Champions League (Real, Barca, Atletico, Valencia, Juve, Inter, Milan, Torino, Man.Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds, Marseille, Saint-Etienne, Monaco, Bayern, Gladbach, HSV, Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Brugge, Anderlecht, Sparta, Slavia, Ferencvaros, MTK, Steaua, Levski, Hajduk, Crvena Zvezda, Partizan, Grasshoppers, Servette, Rapid Wien, Austria Wien, Legia, Gotteborg, Celtic, Rangers, Slovan...)

Europa League (Antwerp, Mechelen, Standard, Dukla, Vejle, Frem, Reims, Kaiserslautern, Koln, Schalke, Honved, Ujpest, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Gornik, Craiova, Torpedo M, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, OFK Beograd, Vojvodina, La Coruna, Athletic, Sevilla...)

4. Nation club coefficients and world rankings were also corrected in line with historical successes.

The man behind the whole project is David Salapura from Serbia. Also, this year I wanted to thank Andrea Mattaliano and Marcolmo, for helping me to complete facepack and with creating this new legends.

DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW:

Brazil_-Senior-Squadea715b0cc03a5f41.png
England_-Senior-Squad825ed5b0fa70c1e6.pn
Italy_-Senior-Squaddbbdae37c3a56e31.png
Portugal_-Senior-Squadce911df25c8b26b1.p
Spain_-Senior-Squadf59bc9715a1cbcbf.png
Sweden_-Senior-Squadeaf0a7a2f5984d9c.png
Ahmed-Faras_-Profile26f916a1e01939bd.png
Benno-Magnusson_-Profilee5e4b0dd7626a15e
Eike-Immel_-Profileb31bcd2436eb1b83.png
Flemming-Povlsen_-Profile708b61e9f88df7f
Manuel-Negrete_-Profile08c52f3d7d72e84d.
Osei-Kofi_-Profile68e6d8f1181a9065.png
Roger-Bocquet_-Profile09c722c510fb54bc.p
Savio_-Profile083dc277ba140046.png
Stan-Bowles_-Profile987db47dbf515b9c.png
Vassilis-Hatzipanagis_-Profile2478dcf544

Vassilis-Hatzipanagis_-Profile2478dcf544

Tijani-Babangida_-Profile6048b9fecd78ea0

Ricardo-Ferri_-Profile2a0d469f0a0a3c8e.p

Rabah-Madjer_-Profilec67b659ff1bc67f0.pn

Peter-Lorimer_-Profile3c6742cb7fa4710d.p

Paulo-Futre_-Profilec1a8f2be43c4b515.png

Osvaldo-Ardiles_-Profile08812b267c8956e4

Kunishige-Kamamoto_-Profileb1fcf32a37e44

Jurgen-Croy_-Profile4310633c7c1a2734.png

Johan-Neeskens_-Profilebf3562650d12f3bd.

Juan-Alberto-Schiaffino_-Profileeb6258c7

Jean-Pierre-Papin_-Profile9471c47a851fbf

Ivo-Viktor_-Profile3119f96bec606864.png

Gyula-Lorant_-Profilef283c64ddb95e049.pn

Grzegorz-Lato_-Profileb1880a35309187f9.p

Geoff-Hurst_-Profile61ad5d96f05f9076.png

Albert-Shesternyov_-Profileb309f046fba99

Duncan-Edwards_-Profilecac5464808f3d973.

David-Ginola_-Profilecd5f863411ff71d3.pn

Ariel-Ortega_-Profilee359736161e81d1b.pn

Alcides-Ghiggia_-Profile8f124f7c872a7146

Alberto-Terry_-Profileddcfda5311a1158f.p

59b1e7cc5a69c23aa.png

49278a85173223376.png

359ff637d2b6bd4cd.png

18b935d49ac6a5d3c.png

2dd5b5aecdc66cb89.png

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract the contents of the .zip file using the default zip utility of your OS or get a free tool such as 7-zip.

2. Move the extracted "Return of the legends 2020.fmf" file to the following location:

Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2020 / editor data

Create the "editor data" folder if it doesn't exist.

3. To install the facepack, move the folder "Legends facepack" to your graphics folder:

Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2020 / graphics / facepacks

Create the "graphics" and "facepacks" folders if they don't exist.

Go to Preferences screen and then into the Interface tab. Click on "Clear cache" and then "Reload skin".

Now you can see pictures of all legends.

4. Open FM 2020 and start a new save-game with 20.4.0 update and only this database selected, not other databases and transfer updates.

IMPORTANT: When creating a new save-game, you have to be patient because the process of loading game database takes from 1 to 7 hours, depending on PC performances. The problem is due to the conversion of the database from the previous series and a lot of data, which is not possible to fix it.

5. To load shortlist with all legends and managers move the extracted "Legends shortlist.fmf" and "Managers shortlist" files to the following location:

Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2020 / shortlists

Enjoy and share your impressions!

5 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Boom! Subscribed on Steam and will have a bash when I race home after work at 3.

Has their been any more done to the Scottish leagues/Scottish players added?

This year added only Andy Wilson to Dunfermline and Alex Raisbeck to Hibernian

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2020 at 20:00, davidczv said:

You have version for fm18, just google it

Downloaded it having great memories playing it and tbh think the goals are better and the GK saves too,just a shame certain players are at the wrong club and players missing Duncan Mckenzie for 1

What a great mod, i cant go back to playing the vanilla after this, at least for a while lol.

Also, many thanks for all the work put into this, but i have a couple of questions.

1) can i edit or create new players to add to this database in fm 2020's editor?

2) if this can be done how do i save the changes made to the database, is it a matter of just replacing the original?

Any help is very much appreciated

23 hours ago, pira1916 said:

What a great mod, i cant go back to playing the vanilla after this, at least for a while lol.

Also, many thanks for all the work put into this, but i have a couple of questions.

1) can i edit or create new players to add to this database in fm 2020's editor?

2) if this can be done how do i save the changes made to the database, is it a matter of just replacing the original?

Any help is very much appreciated

Thank you!

You can edit this in pre-game editor like any other database of course, and save on the same file or new one, same thing.

On 08/04/2020 at 17:40, davidczv said:

Thank you!

You can edit this in pre-game editor like any other database of course, and save on the same file or new one, same thing.

oh yes i got it thx again 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just found this - and wow. Seriously. This looks amazing. So much nostalgia. Excellent work, truly. Just one thing: I tried to load the database in the editor, and nothing happened? Do I just need to be patient? Also, I can't see any mention of updated finances, but I just had a quick look and Man City looked to be pre-takeover in terms of riches? Cheers.

10 hours ago, faust405245 said:

Just found this - and wow. Seriously. This looks amazing. So much nostalgia. Excellent work, truly. Just one thing: I tried to load the database in the editor, and nothing happened? Do I just need to be patient? Also, I can't see any mention of updated finances, but I just had a quick look and Man City looked to be pre-takeover in terms of riches? Cheers.

Thanks. You just need to wait loading it in editor. About half on hour, depending on PC performance. I udated financies for all clubs wih legends because they should have more moneyto keep players at club. I decreased money and change board for City and PSG, but I couldnt change TV money for Premier league clubs, so they still get much money.

• 3 weeks later...

Followed the instructions and loaded this with the 20.4.0 database and no other editor files but after choosing Sheffield Wednesday as my club I noticed my squad is full of random players that don't now or have never played for us. Why is this? None of the other clubs look messed up, is it because I chose them or is it just a huge coincidence that Sheffield Wednesday are messed up?

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic mod, thank you for your work.

Possible improvement points:

1. I see that a lot of players have injury proneness 1 and/or natural fitness 20. I would change these for more realistic values. Not everybody was NF 20 / IP 1, despite some long careers. These values should be handed out to the most genetically gifted players. By the same coin, we have to remember that some players "gained" injury proneness in their career so some that are today old and injury prone ,eg Bale perhaps, would not really be that way aged 15.

2. I would generally make players into more "age-groups" so that really old players like Pele for instance would be somewhere near 26-27 in game, while relatively newer players like Zidane, etc would be around 19-20, thus making some generational waves. The actual real life players from now should be 15. This way, you can have multiple generations and transition from one generation to another. This is implemented to some extent but I haven't really seen many around 26-27 if any. CA would be given accordingly.

3. Perhaps a tad too many PA 200.

4. Personality wise, we have to remember that not everybody was professionalism 20 when they were aged 19. Their personalities developed as well during their career. Perhaps these should be toned down a bit as well to allow for progression.

Otherwise I really wanted to ask, how did you go about this from an editor perspective?

Any way of doing sort of mass / automated changes to it so that you didn't do it by hand?

Thanks and really appreciate your work!

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/07/2020 at 07:56, Lexis said:

Fantastic mod, thank you for your work.

Possible improvement points:

1. I see that a lot of players have injury proneness 1 and/or natural fitness 20. I would change these for more realistic values. Not everybody was NF 20 / IP 1, despite some long careers. These values should be handed out to the most genetically gifted players. By the same coin, we have to remember that some players "gained" injury proneness in their career so some that are today old and injury prone ,eg Bale perhaps, would not really be that way aged 15.

2. I would generally make players into more "age-groups" so that really old players like Pele for instance would be somewhere near 26-27 in game, while relatively newer players like Zidane, etc would be around 19-20, thus making some generational waves. The actual real life players from now should be 15. This way, you can have multiple generations and transition from one generation to another. This is implemented to some extent but I haven't really seen many around 26-27 if any. CA would be given accordingly.

3. Perhaps a tad too many PA 200.

4. Personality wise, we have to remember that not everybody was professionalism 20 when they were aged 19. Their personalities developed as well during their career. Perhaps these should be toned down a bit as well to allow for progression.

Otherwise I really wanted to ask, how did you go about this from an editor perspective?

Any way of doing sort of mass / automated changes to it so that you didn't do it by hand?

Thanks and really appreciate your work!

I think they do this because of the match engine. They're trying to take advantage of the system and using it to make sure famous players make in the game so you see them. If you give some of the people realistic everything the game will finish their career through injury pronto or they won't ever develop into a world class player. I'm totally fine with how they've done it.

Edited by Lillywhite

I'm adding a bunch of CONCACAF and ASIA legends to the database, as well as many World Cup referees, etc. I can share for next year's release if you want.

I also edit the players down in age so you can see a full career. I know that unbalances the game a bit, but it's what I like to play with. Fantastic mod! I was annoyed initially at how long uploading the database took in the editor, but it works well enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...