When scouting the youth intake worldwide, do you ever find a gem from much smaller nations and teams?

Cause I never do. All the good ones are from the usual suspects. Liverpool & Utd get all the good newgens. Bayern and Dortmund in Germany, PSG mostly in France, in Spain it's a little more varied, Ajax and PSV only in Holland. Almost exclusively FCP in Portugal. Very few good Italians overall. Almost never a good scandinavian, and I've read threads on Reddit that seem to suggest Scandinavia should be good. Not in my save. Scandinavia is ass apart from the odd danish semi-star. Sweden is crap, even Norway is better.

Where are the world beaters from weird central American nations? I saw a few in FM16 but now it all just seems to be streamlined.

13 minutes ago, Grifty said:

I'm picking up loads of really good Serbian players. Got Red Star and Partizan on constant scout. Man City picked up a goalie with the best stats I've ever seen. I'll add a screenshot next time I'm on.

How do you scout individual teams? I can only scout nations, regions, competitions etc, but not teams.

Edit: Nvm, I've had my chief scout making the calls all this time.

Edited by Norfair
being oblivious

2 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

how do you scout the youth intakes?

World (Globe icon) ---> click the World tab ---> Transfers ---> Youth intake in the dropdown menu. Lots of players there to scout.

Short answer: Yes.

On top of that I'd also like to add that while PSG does get good youth players now and then they are not the most prolific in France in FM. Italy is usually the biggest provider of wonderkids in my games, while South America naturally does well also. The best keeper in my game is from Denmark.

9 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Argentina is a gold-mine. Seems like youngsters there start off with a higher CA than their Brazilian counterparts.

I get so many great personality types from there it seems too. 

I believe two players all things equal (Exception of Liverpool versus Carlton) will have different values due to reputation and wage. 

Not my player, but this guy from the Solomon Islands looks pretty good. Out on loan from Man City to Dundalk (who are a CL group stage regular at this point). I think that is the best player from such a small footballing nation I've ever seen.

zGLEj0u.png

Not that minnow as a national, but there is also this guy from Lithuania playing for Juventus.

kXAqfC2.png

There's also this guy from Angola playing for Chelsea.

jU1jBwv.png

Is Congo small enough (Not DR Congo)? This guy is playing for Bayern.

S7WCod2.png

DR Congo have their own though, in this guy from Tottenham.

41muzIz.png

This guy from Hong Kong (and Burnley) is not bad.

0dKpcM1.png

Those are the one from smaller nations that I could find now.

22 hours ago, XaW said:

This guy from Hong Kong (and Burnley) is not bad.

0dKpcM1.png

Those are the one from smaller nations that I could find now.

Kwan Yui Man has enjoyed a career path that many footballers would envy... Dundee to Burnley...

On 14/02/2020 at 22:14, Norfair said:

Cause I never do. All the good ones are from the usual suspects. Liverpool & Utd get all the good newgens. Bayern and Dortmund in Germany, PSG mostly in France, in Spain it's a little more varied, Ajax and PSV only in Holland. Almost exclusively FCP in Portugal. Very few good Italians overall. Almost never a good scandinavian, and I've read threads on Reddit that seem to suggest Scandinavia should be good. Not in my save. Scandinavia is ass apart from the odd danish semi-star. Sweden is crap, even Norway is better.

Where are the world beaters from weird central American nations? I saw a few in FM16 but now it all just seems to be streamlined.

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 20.43.17.png

On 17/02/2020 at 19:00, JSRFC16 said:

Do you guys scout all of the players or just specific nations ?

I scout tier 1 and 2 nations through a saved search template that filters out all neutral and negative personalities. I scout remaining by regions and youth international squads

I have a save going that is 20 seasons now. My observations I have noticed that on mine Schalke get tons of world beating newgens, more than Dortmund and Bayern. Monaco, Lille and Nantes also seem to produce many top players from france. 

Serbia, Czech and Poland always have some great players coming through for awesome value so always worth keeping scouts busy in those countries.

19 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

I scout tier 1 and 2 nations through a saved search template that filters out all neutral and negative personalities. I scout remaining by regions and youth international squads

adding released newgens from youth intakes to shortlist, and in shortlist menu evaluating the ones you like (or offering them trials). That's the way to go :D