[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, anitamui said:

Congratulations!

also,which file is the base of the nations rules?

There is a file for every European country (except for the little ones), so I am not sure which one you need.

D6-Iq-LWw-AAYm-Il-copy.png

Albanian Teams Logos

Spoiler

986aff29a9566100ddd30e61e9fe37db.png

In this file you'll find logos for Albanian teams and competitions. 

- Whenever there was a record online, the logos are the ones teams would have used during the communist era, or the closest possible to that time

- Whenever teams are newer they use their current logo - if the team during communist times had a different name, I edited the logo to have the old team name instead of the new one

- Created teams and competitions don't have logos at the moment, as they will not be correct once the league files get expanded.

- The folder needs to be put into folder: C:\Users\<Your Computername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics

Albania.zip

Edited by Reiver

5 小时前, Wolf_pd说:

There is a file for every European country (except for the little ones), so I am not sure which one you need.

I want to make Leagues outside of Europe for personal use

so which files should i use for the base of Each Continent's Nation Rules?

1 hour ago, anitamui said:

I want to make Leagues outside of Europe for personal use

so which files should i use for the base of Each Continent's Nation Rules?

Ah ok, that way. every file named Foreign Player Rule can be used for that. Those are the Advanced Rules foreign player rules and the easiest to check out and see what I did exactly.

Only Foreign Player Rule not to use are the continent ones as these only have the transfer rules in it.

I am getting some questions about this mod and the future of it via PMs. As the questions and answers are interesting for everything, I will answer them here

Will there be expansions on the Eastern European competitoons? Depends on time and effort, but the answer is yes for Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia and DDR. The answer is no for Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and Poland.
What about updates? That depends on the feedback I get. I have received some remarks about teamnames and those will probably amended in an update.
Any chance this will be done for FM21? No. FM22 is around the corner and the FM21 editor isn't the best version
Will we see a FM22 version then? Not saying no to that, but it depends on the FM22 editor and time and effort. I am looking at my current files how to do things better and quicker (this is a habit from my work). Also, a FM22 version would take time away from the FM20 expansions!
Since you got sick, things have taken a lot longer, couldn't you do this for FM22 in, say 3 months? Yes, things would have gone quicker if I hadn't gotten sick, but there were a lot of things I had to find out from scratch how they worked in the editor. That's all gained knowledge and can be readily used in a FM22 version. I am not saying I can do a next version in 3 months, but less than 6 months is possible.

1 minute ago, Forest said:

really really amazing, wow. i love it wolf

i immediatly have something to suggest. we could start and doing a logo pack for the teams , i would also help. would add another bit of realism :)

Check Reivers posts there is an Albanian pack and other packs are coming.

And thank you.

so i saw some very minor things.

as for example luxembourg, there are some teams that didn´t exist at that time, which were founded after 2000, and some very popular teams who existed in that period aren´t in the database.

Yes, that's the case. I have rebuild some of the Easter European countries, but no changes were made to Western Europe except for West Germany. That means that teams that disappeared have not been resurrected and teams that came into existence after 1988 are in the database and remain so.

An easy question to answer I'm sure... I have used the real name fix for competitions ever since I bought Fm20. Would this be the reason I still have Champions League, and Europa League names showing as the original files were removed in the 20. 1 update? Is the easiest way to change this by altering the edt file, or putting the original files back? Would doing the latter allow your file to change things? 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

5 minutes ago, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

An easy question to answer I'm sure... I have used the real name fix for competitions ever since I bought Fm20. Would this be the reason I still have Champions League, and Europa League names showing as the original files were removed in the 20. 1 update? Is the easiest way to change this by altering the edt file, or putting the original files back? Would doing the latter allow your file to change things? 

Yep, that is the reason for those names. You could copy the edt file over from the 20.3 or 20.4 folder since they are the same for the default game.

On 12/01/2020 at 17:24, Wolf_pd said:

Based on speed and your preferences, set all nations you DON'T want to play with, to View-only. This saves processing speed, but ensures the foreign-player rules are all loaded. Not loading an European nation or China will mean the competition revert to their FM20 default foreign player rules

If I add / remove leagues during my career does this mess up the foreign player rules? I have loaded all European countries and progress is slow. I've kept china in view only. I tend to have 8 to 10 countries playable and swap and change as my career progresses. My one criticism of the add/remove league feature is you can't move a league to view only once you have started a save. 

9 minutes ago, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

If I add / remove leagues during my career does this mess up the foreign player rules?

Yes, this will probably mess up the foreign player rules. You're mentioning a very good improvement for next game version FM22 btw.

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

You're mentioning a very good improvement for next game version FM22 btw.

Feel free to suggest it in the future improvements thread, I'm sure your name will add more weight to it than mine! 🙂

And listen, I've only downloaded and thrown a holiday game together to run over night whilst I watch the football and then sleep. I looked very briefly at your file and to be honest, I'm blown away. Well done. 

sooo after simulating a few years i noticed something. in 2024, 5 national players of the ddr play in mexico or brazilian first league? i suppose thats not wanted, as in real, they always played in the east german league ;)

Odd. They are blocked to be transferred from age 14-45 and Mexico or Brazil does not transfer those players. After setting up the transfer preferences, that didn't happen for me once.

i made a screen from it. also theres a player amara conde, half east german, half guinea

Spoiler

11.jpg

edit

in the u23 i saw also players from the east german national squad playing for west german teams

Edited by Forest

After a holidaying for a season that took nearly 24 hours to do with every Euro league loaded, I have been checking the teams that qualified for the European competitions. I have a problem understanding the West German entrants. Bayer Levekusen 04 did the double and entered the European Champions Cup. Shalke, Bayern, Dortmund, and Koln were entered into the UEFA Cup. Hoffenheim were entered into the Cup Winners' Cup. However, Shalke were the defeated finalists of the German Cup and should have been entered into the ECWC instead of Hoffenheim. The latter should have been put into the UEFA Cup due to finishing 2nd in the league. Or am I missing something? I have randomly checked about 10 countries and this is the first I can't explain.image.thumb.png.71c2d6eb4a33237f2fc45bf36e8dfa5b.png

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

10 hours ago, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

After a holidaying for a season that took nearly 24 hours to do with every Euro league loaded, I have been checking the teams that qualified for the European competitions. I have a problem understanding the West German entrants. Bayer Levekusen 04 did the double and entered the European Champions Cup. Shalke, Bayern, Dortmund, and Koln were entered into the UEFA Cup. Hoffenheim were entered into the Cup Winners' Cup. However, Shalke were the defeated finalists of the German Cup and should have been entered into the ECWC instead of Hoffenheim. The latter should have been put into the UEFA Cup due to finishing 2nd in the league. Or am I missing something? I have randomly checked about 10 countries and this is the first I can't explain.image.thumb.png.71c2d6eb4a33237f2fc45bf36e8dfa5b.png

What happens is here is the implementation in an UEFA rule from a few years back. As there is no longer a distinction between Cupwinners cup and Europa League, the runner-up no longer gets the Cupwinners place, and instead is filled from the standings. 
This is on my list to do. I have the solution, namely setting the exact European qualification in each national competition, so it needs 25 updated files.

I'm going to give this a whirl. 

Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to this file (and to those who have contributed in one way or another). I find the football of the 21st century to be far too unequal and it saddens me to see only a handful of leagues enjoying prestige and respect around the continent. It's evident in every Champions League or Europa League thread on here, with (usually English) fans of bigger clubs dismissing out of hand their opponents, believing that the whole football world revolves around the EPL and a handful of clubs from Italy, Spain, Germany and France (financially, I suppose it does). You even have some people (within football, too) who seem to think it's a great offense that clubs like Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus should have to waste their time playing the likes of Dinamo Zagreb, Ferencvaros, Red Star Belgrade etc in the group stages of the Champions League. Anyone who knows their football history understands that these clubs deserve respect and have contributed so much to their own country's football lore, and even to European football generally. Money is the major difference these days. 

I hope files like this help to encourage people to broaden their horizons and learn a bit more about the fantastic history of European football, which should help foster an appetite for change. While football has never been utopian and has always had its inequalities (in large part due to geography and political reasons), it would be great to try and move towards a scenario in which we have clubs across the continent who are capable of going deeply into European competition again; where the idea of a Red Star Belgrade, Dynamo Kiev, Hadjuk Split, or Steau Bucharest (or in my case, Celtic) winning the CL or EL isn't as crazy as it would be next season and in the near-medium term future. I'm really looking forward to trying out this databse, and once again, thank you for the incredible work that has been put into making it. 

I know you advised not to, but I am running this holiday save test with 2 additional files by @majesticeternity . 
They are the Realistic Weather, and the Smarter AI files. I was guessing they wouldn't conflict with your files.
I avoided the Local Derbies file, and the languages file, as I guess with the new countries in your file it would cause a conflict. Out of interest did you integrate either of those last two files in your work?
Also 2 seasons of holidays has not thrown up any crashes with the 2 files I used in addition to yours. 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

What happens is here is the implementation in an UEFA rule from a few years back. As there is no longer a distinction between Cupwinners cup and Europa League, the runner-up no longer gets the Cupwinners place, and instead is filled from the standings. 
This is on my list to do. I have the solution, namely setting the exact European qualification in each national competition, so it needs 25 updated files.

Yeah I see what's happened now. In La Liga Barcelona did the double and Alaves lost to them in the Cup. They finished low down in the league and consequently got no European football the next season. Real Madrid (2nd) were put into the Cup Winners' Cup, and Seville (6th) got into the UEFA Cup. 

Another reason to hate UEFA ;)

2 hours ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Are the graphics included in the zip file on the first page? That is, the logos for the club teams/competitions etc?

The graphics in the zip are only flags. The logos for Albania are the only clubs/teams logo released by Reiver.

2 hours ago, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

I know you advised not to, but I am running this holiday save test with 2 additional files by @majesticeternity . 
They are the Realistic Weather, and the Smarter AI files. I was guessing they wouldn't conflict with your files.
I avoided the Local Derbies file, and the languages file, as I guess with the new countries in your file it would cause a conflict. Out of interest did you integrate either of those last two files in your work?
Also 2 seasons of holidays has not thrown up any crashes with the 2 files I used in addition to yours. 

The realistic weather files shouldn't be an issue. I didn't remove cities or local regions, only moved them between countries. Based on the description in the thread the Smarter AI files should not give issues either.

Local derbies file could give issues since some derbies are no longer valid. I have reworked some derbies/rivalries. So there could be some clashing data. Also, with some of the new countries derbies will be missing. I have worked on the languages, but not in the depth which the languages files has.

13 minutes ago, Forest said:

Is it possible to reduce the transfer activity from all the teams? In the 80s, players stayed a lot longer at there clubs than today

That's why the Bosman arrest has been removed in the European competition. Obviously, if the money is right, teams will still sell and the game is more geared towards the current marketsituation.

5 hours ago, Forest said:

Yes that sounds logic to me. I haven't finished my long therm test, so I don't know how it looks after 10 years.

A solution could be to make all players more loyal

True, but that would be an issue with newgens as that loyalty would have to be updated after every new player wave.

bulgaria-85-copy.png

Bulgarian Teams Logos

Spoiler

384f228004596d9f6e4a7987e24bd3b4.png

In this file you'll find logos for Bulgarian teams and competitions, as well as trophies for the main competitions.

- Whenever there was a record online, the logos are the ones teams would have used during the communist era, or the closest possible to that time

- This was done to the best of my ability as a non-Bulgarian reader and non-Cyrillic alphabet user. A handful of lower league teams do not have logos, I was unable to find them, but you will rarely have contact with them.

- I have also sent all name changes that are needed and were not in effect on the game to Wolf_pd, so there should be some changes there too soon.

- The folder needs to be put into folder: C:\Users\<Your Computername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics

Bulgaria.zip

Just so you have an idea - sometimes getting a logo is as simple as finding it online ready to plug it in the game. Sometimes it's finding a picture of a pin, like this:

347144d37fc6fef2645e22127463493f.png

Firing up Photoshop, cause I never bothered to learn Illustrator, and turn it into this:

136153.png

1 hour ago, Reiver said:

Just so you have an idea - sometimes getting a logo is as simple as finding it online ready to plug it in the game. Sometimes it's finding a picture of a pin, like this:

347144d37fc6fef2645e22127463493f.png

Firing up Photoshop, cause I never bothered to learn Illustrator, and turn it into this:

136153.png

Similar to what I found out when working through things is that information and images for the late 80s are not always available

14 minutes ago, Forest said:

okay, so I´m in the year 2026

I guess there´s something wrong...

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Except for Pavlenka becoming Brazilian, where's the problem ?

Wouldn't be the first time East German players fled to the West (and got killed for it). In real life they just wouldn't play for East Germany anymore, but you can't simulate that in game.

How did the player end up in West Germany?

1 hour ago, Forest said:

okay, so I´m in the year 2026

I guess there´s something wrong...

Hide contents

Can you send me the save game? I want to see what you are running at the moment.

Seeing a few things.

West Germany needs some tightening up in the Eastern Europe transfer rules. There is indeed a loophole left in the Iron Curtain Fix coming 
For Brazil and Argentina it seems two values are interfering with each other, which allows for some unwanted transfers as well. This happened after a beta find where the fix made things worse (oh, the irony) Fix coming 

Also seeing a few East Germans appearing in West Germany, which I thought I had completely fixed, but I think this is the game and not my edit, since there are also East Germans randomly appearing in Romania, France, Spain and Italy, which have not started in East Germany.

Anyway, I had planned to upload the Bulgaria file tonight, so a 1.1 update should arrive tonight.

Update 1.1 has been added in the first post of this thread. Included are:

• Improved transfer rules West Germany
  • Improved transfer rules North America
  • Improved transfer rules South America
  • Improved Bulgaria file with the addition of the Soviet Army Cup.

To avoid people having to download the complete pack again, I will add updates (unless there are so much that the post gets overgrown with it).

11 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

To play with 1.1, we need to make a new save, right ?

Yes, unfortunately there is no way to continue a save with new files.