Breaking Auld Reekie

Raware

Having proposed and campaigned for this FMCU forum over ten years ago :eek: it’s amazing to see how the community has grown and has continued to thrive over the years!!! :D  Makes me kind of proud :D

I’ve found spare time a rarity over the last few years and haven’t played FM or been on these boards for a while but with the release of FM20 and some time in my personal life now, I decided to get the new release and head back to FMCU :D  My last appearance and save on here was my Asian save Winging’ it in Asia 3 years ago :eek: which saw me get my first ever in-game son in over 25 years of playing CM/FM.  Then, having waited so long to get an in-game son, I got another one a year later in the same save!  Just like buses!

This years save sees me go back closer to home as I’ve loaded the following leagues.

Game : Football Manager 2020 (PC)

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• England (Vanarama National League North/South and above)
  • France (French National and above)
  • Republic of Ireland (Irish First Division and above)
  • Northern Ireland (Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League and above)
  • Scotland (Ladbrokes League 2 and above)
  • Wales (JD Cymru North/South)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

ZxAeI0U.jpg

With those leagues loaded, I’ve decided to start in Scotland with Edinburgh City who play in the Ladbrokes League 2.  The aim of the save is to try and break the dominance of Edinburgh that is lead by Hibernian and Hearts and then eventually to break the dominance that Glasgow has on Scottish football by overturning both Celtic and Rangers.  

Edited by Raware

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jw8wBQ2.png

Edinburgh City : A background

Founded in 1928, Edinburgh City are a semi-professional Scottish football club currently playing in the Ladbrokes League 2.  Edinburgh City narrowly failed to win promotion from the Ladbrokes League 2 last term.

The club play their homes games at Ainslie Park and possess below average training facilities and poor youth facilities.  The club is affectionately known as The Citizens and retains a fierce rivalry with Whitehill Welfare.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 1930’s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2016, City are a club with a growing history.  Edinburgh City won the Scottish 5th tier in 2015 and 2016, won the Scottish 6th tier for the only time in 2006 and finished runners-up on two occasions, and won the EoS D1 in 1996. 

Iw0txEK.png

Ainslie Park

We will be ground sharing with Spartans FC at Ainslie Park until the end of the season while our home ground, Meadowbank Stadium is being redeveloped.

Edited by Raware

On 17/12/2019 at 17:47, SRL88 said:

Good luck with this man. 

Cheers pal :thup:

On 17/12/2019 at 17:50, deltablue said:

The oldies really are coming back ;)

:D 2020 is the year of the oldies!

On 17/12/2019 at 17:58, B.W.G said:

Welcome back and good luck :D 

Cheers bud :thup:

On 17/12/2019 at 18:12, Deisler26 said:

giphy.gif

The silver-shoed legend is back!!

Ha ha, I'll have to dig the shoes back out! :D

On 17/12/2019 at 20:42, john1 said:

OMG you are back!! Remember your save very fondly :cool: Good luck with Edinburgh :thup: 

Thanks mate :thup:

On 17/12/2019 at 21:56, LUFCspeni said:

Good luck with this, and welcome back!

I'll be following closely, I'm also currently managing Edinburgh City. My advice is keep Crane and Henderson happy, unreal players for this level :D

Thanks mate :thup:.  Good advice, those two are ripping the league apart, Henderson especially.

On 18/12/2019 at 02:44, SixPointer said:

Welcome back. As a Jambo and someone who captained Edinburgh City from under 12’s to 21’s you have my attention! Enjoy!

Thanks mate, you still in the database? :D 

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2019/20

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes League 2 : Board expectation - Playoffs : Media expectation - 2nd (out of 10)

Cup expectations

Scottish Cup : Reach the 4th round

Betfred Cup : Be competitive

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : Be competitive

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £5.6k p/w

Current wage bill : £5.6k p/w

Season tickets sold : 50

My views for the season ahead… : Having taken over Edinburgh City, I’ve inherited a squad that looks quite strong and one that should be capable of mounting a challenge for at least a play off place.  Blair Henderson looks like a stand out player at this level while Conrad Balatoni and the on-loan Aidan Wilson also look as if they could be key players for us this season.

With no transfer budget though and with no room for manoeuvre in terms of wage budget, getting players in looks unrealistic so it may be a case of utilising the players that I have at the club already.

Edited by Raware

1 hour ago, Raware said:

Cheers pal :thup:

:D 2020 is the year of the oldies!

Cheers bud :thup:

Ha ha, I'll have to dig the shoes back out! :D

Thanks mate :thup:

Thanks mate :thup:.  Good advice, those two are ripping the league apart, Henderson especially.

Thanks mate, you still in the database? :D 

Unfortunately not. Junior football finished 2 years ago! :lol:

Edited by SixPointer

Edinburgh City - Youth Intake 2019/20

8dKSN8A.png

The first youth intake of this save saw 16 players join us on trial as I opted to offer contracts to  Gregor Ghilchrist (20A), Hamish Shields (20C), Jonny Miller (20I), Daryl O’Connor (20J) and Dave Henderson (20N).  The other 11 players were released.

Edited by Raware

18 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Great to see you back!

Thanks @Rikulec.  Good to be back...and good to have some free time :D 

17 hours ago, LUFCspeni said:

Hang on a sec - how have you got a youth intake? I've just been promoted to the Scottish Prem on mine and I've not yet had one. Same problem on last year's game too.

You get a youth intake every season.  I didn't play last years FM so I'm not sure about FM19.  Maybe it's a bug in your game?

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2019/20

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes League 2/Ladbrokes League 2 progress/Ladbrokes League 2 fixtures : I took over at Edinburgh City with the media expecting us to finish 2nd and the board expecting us to reach the playoffs and having looked at the squad that I inherited when I first arrived, I was also confident that we could at least aim for the playoffs.  We made a fantastic start to the season as we went 18 games unbeaten before Annan ended our run.  This signalled a slight drop in form as we had a poor January but we dusted ourselves down and went on to remain undefeated for the rest of the season as we went on to claim the Ladbrokes League 2 title, finishing 24 points clear of Annan in 2nd place.

Scottish Cup : The board were expecting us to reach the 4th round and we managed to do that as we made it to the 5th round, where a strong Hearts team ended our journey.

Betfred Cup : We had an amazing cup run in this competition as we qualified from a difficult group, taking some big scalps along the way which included beating Championship side Dundee on penalties in the Quarter Final before Premiership side St Mirren ended our fairytale in the Semi Final.

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : I didn’t realise that this cup even existed before I arrived at Edinburgh City and I didn’t realise it was contested between Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Northern Irish clubs either until we drew Ballymena Utd in the Quarter Final.  It was Ballymena Utd who ended our hopes in this competition as they beat us 1-0.

Transfers : 9 players arrived at the club over the summer but I only oversaw 3 of those players as I brought in veteran Brian Gilmour to add some experience to the team, Ciaran Dickson from Rangers on a 2 season long loan and Jack Larkin from Celtic, also on a 2 season long loan.

Squad : I said in pre-season that the squad of players that I inherited look strong enough to mount a challenge for promotion and they did just that as they romped home to take the title.  Blair Henderson was obviously our stand out player as he smashed in 41 goals in all competitions which took his total league goals tally for the club to 63 goals in 71 games.  Alex Harris and Ciaran Dickson also had an excellent season as they grabbed 24 goals between them.

Finances : Looking ok considering that the board have just paid out for upgrading our youth facilities.

My views of the season… : While promotion was our target at the start of the season, I’m obviously delighted that we actually managed to go on and achieve that.  We also progressed well in the cup competitions too and managed to achieve what the board wanted us to, so overall I’m delighted with my debut season :D.

My aims for next season… : Avoiding relegation is obviously the main aim so anything other than avoiding the drop will be seen as a successful season.  If we are to avoid an immediate return to the Ladbrokes League 2 then additions to the squad will be a must.

Career Summary

Season     Team              League                Position    Scottish Cup    Betfred Cup    Tunnocks Wafer Cup    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 2      1st       5th round       Semi Final     Quarter Final         League Champions

Trophy Cabinet

Ladbrokes League 2 Winners - 2019/20

Edited by Raware

The good news continued as we reached the end of the season as the board announced a link with Aberdeen as our senior affiliate which hopefully means that we can get some loan players in next season.  They also announced that construction work has begun to upgrade the club’s youth facilities and that we’ve also moved back into our stadium after the redevelopment work has been completed :D

yuS2mCn.png

p1mnyQY.png

p7u5ZvD.png

Edited by Raware

4 hours ago, Raware said:

Thanks @Rikulec.  Good to be back...and good to have some free time :D 

You get a youth intake every season.  I didn't play last years FM so I'm not sure about FM19.  Maybe it's a bug in your game?

Strange - I've not had one through FM19 or 20 with Edinburgh. Although saying that, my youth development screen now says that the game will be in April, whereas previously it said January. Maybe it was a bug, as we didn't have an U19 team and I had to request one.

6 hours ago, LUFCspeni said:

Strange - I've not had one through FM19 or 20 with Edinburgh. Although saying that, my youth development screen now says that the game will be in April, whereas previously it said January. Maybe it was a bug, as we didn't have an U19 team and I had to request one.

I'm not sure what happened to yours then.  Maybe it was a bug but hopefully it's corrected it for you.

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2020/21

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes League 1 : Board expectation - Avoid relegation : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 10)

Cup expectations

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : Reach the 3rd round  

Transfer budget : £10k - (last season : £0k)

Wage budget : £10k p/w - (last season : £5.6k)

Current wage bill : £7.7k p/w - (last season : £5.6k)

Season tickets sold : 67 - (+17 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : The board are expecting us to avoid relegation which is a target that I’m more than happy with and one that I was expecting myself.  However, the media have us down to finish 3rd in the league just behind the two teams who were relegated from the Ladbrokes Championship last season, Morton and Dunfermline so I’m not sure where we are really in terms of standing and competitiveness within the league.  I’ve opted to accept the boards expectation but given how the media see us, I’m hopeful that we can push more towards their expectation.

To help us do that, I’ve brought in 10 players during the transfer window as Ryan Mullen joins us on a free transfer and Aidan Wilson also joins us on a free transfer after a successful loan period with us last season.  Youngster Kyle Sneddon joins us on a free transfer from Cowdenbeath while Kyle McClelland and Serge Atakayi both join us from Rangers after their contracts expired as Jack Thomson also joins us from Rangers but just on a season long loan.  Nicky Jamieson joins us from Queen’s Park on a free transfer as does Campbell Notley from Hibernian while we also took advantage of our new affiliate link with Aberdeen to bring in Connor Barron on a season long loan, who looks excellent for this level.  Our final piece of business in the transfer market saw us ‘splash the cash’ on Patrick Reading from Middlesbrough for £10k which leaves our squad looking quite strong :D

Edinburgh City - Youth Intake 2020/21

8dKSN8A.png

This years youth intake was a bit of a disappointment really as none of the trialists were good enough.  I did offer a contract to Andrew Rudden (21G) but I have serious doubts as to whether he’s even good enough for the reserves.

15 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Glad to see you back. I remember the Hong Kong save, your two sons and the Brazilian lad.

Thanks @kidthekid.  It was probably my most memorable save purely because of my two sons...even if they weren't great.  Ah yes, the Brazilian regen too - Cassio.  One of my best ever youth products :D I'll be happy if I get another Brazilian regen like him again :D 

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2020/21

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes League 1/Ladbrokes League 1 progress/Ladbrokes League 1 fixtures : The boards expectation at the start of the season was for us to avoid relegation, however the media were predicting us to finish 3rd so it seemed like the league was wide open this year.  We made an unbelievable start to the season as we won 12 games in a row which catapulted us to the top of the league.  We did have a bit of a tricky November and festive period but we managed to pick our form back up as we went 11 games unbeaten from the new year to Easter.  But, it was our end of season form that ultimately cost us as injuries, a lack of squad depth and squad fitness and the fact that we’re a part time club cost us :(.  We did unbelievably well but we just ran out of steam at the final hurdle as I honestly believe that we collapsed due to the fact that we’re part time and don’t have the fitness levels or squad depth that other teams in the league have.  While we still obviously qualified for the playoffs, our legs had gone by then and we ran out of steam as Dunfermline beat us in the playoff Semi Final :(

Scottish Cup : Again, the board were expecting us to reach the 4th round this season as we surpassed that expectation to make it all the way to the Quarter Final, where Premiership team Hamilton ended our journey.

Betfred Cup : We made it out of the group stage but a tough draw against Rangers where we never really stood a chance ended our run in this competition.

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : A fantastic run in this competition saw us make it all the way to the Semi Final before Dundee Utd beat us 3-1.

Transfers : 13 players joined us over the course of the season as Ryan Mullen, Aidan Wilson, Kyle Sneddon, Kyle McClelland, Serge Atakayi, Jack Thomson, Nicky Jamieson, Campbell Notley, Connor Barron and Patrick Reading all joined us at the start of the season while Stephen Gleeson, Morgaro Gomis and Jamie Brandon joined us as the season went on.

Squad : The squad of players proved that they were able to make the step up in standard as they had a fantastic season, in particularly Blair Henderson who smashed in 21 goals in 45 games, the on loan Cairan Dickson who hit 15 goals in 43 games and new signing Serge Atkayi who looks a fantastic player at this level as he finished as the clubs top goal scorer by netting 22 times in 51 games.

Finances : Still looking ok as we only lost £50k this season.

My views of the season… : An unbelievable season for us as we came so close to a second successive promotion but stumbled at the last hurdle.  I have to be delighted with how our season went though despite the obvious disappointment at 1) losing top spot with just a few games remaining and 2) losing in the playoffs to Dunfermline.  But, we can take great heart in how this year went and know that we can compete in this league with the other teams.

My aims for next season… : After this season, relegation shouldn’t even be a thought for us as I’ll be looking for us to at least make the playoffs, if not go one better and go up automatically.  If we’re to do that though, we’ll need to invest and bring in a few more quality players to add some depth to the squad to avoid us collapsing again like this season.

Career Summary

Season     Team              League                Position    Scottish Cup    Betfred Cup    Tunnocks Wafer Cup    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 2      1st       5th round       Semi Final     Quarter Final         League Champions
2020/21    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 1      2nd       Quarter Final   2nd round      Semi Final            -

Trophy Cabinet

Edited by Raware

16 hours ago, B.W.G said:

It's been two very good seasons with Edinburgh,unlucky with the playoff loss to Dunfermline but I'm pretty confident you can build up your team for league success next season.

Thanks @B.W.G.  I can't complain with my first couple of seasons at Edinburgh!  Was a bit disappointing to fall away towards the end of the season as we were top for most of the season and obviously disappointing to lose in the playoffs but I've got to be happy with how quickly we've progressed.  A few quality additions to add some depth to the squad and I think we'll be in the mix again next year.  We need to turn professional soon though.

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2021/22

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes League 1 : Board expectation - Reach playoffs : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 10)

Cup expectations

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : Reach the 3rd round 

Transfer budget : £25k - (last season : £10k)

Wage budget : £13k p/w - (last season : £10k)

Current wage bill : £9.3k p/w - (last season : £7.7k)

Season tickets sold : 69 - (+2 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : After last seasons late collapse the board and media are both expecting us to reach the playoffs, as am I.  To help us achieve that, I’ve added both quality and quantity to the squad and brought in 9 players during the transfer window as Liam Hughes joins us from Celtic on a free transfer as does Jack Larkin after a successful couple of seasons on loan with us.  Ewan Otoo also joins us from Celtic as he joins on a season long loan as does Callum Nicell who joins us from West Brom for the season.  Murray Miller joins us on a free from Rangers while Josh Coley and Dan Meredith also join on free transfers from Norwich and West Brom respectively.  We also spent a bit of money this season too as Tyler Mykyta joins for £5k from senior affiliate Aberdeen and Robert Thomson joins from Alloa for £20k which leaves our squad looking stronger and deeper than last season I think, so hopefully we can go one better than last year.

Edinburgh City - Youth Intake 2021/22

8dKSN8A.png

Our youth intake this year was once again nothing to shout about as there are no promising looking prospects coming through the ranks.  I did offer contracts to Aiden Stewart (22J) and Gerry Douglas (22P) but that was only boost our numbers in the reserves.  

On 03/01/2020 at 09:52, SixPointer said:

Just catching up. Nice second season! Very unfortunate not to go up!

Thanks @SixPointer.  Disappointing to fade away like we did but great progress for us really considering it was our first season in League 1 :D 

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2021/22

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes League 1/Ladbrokes League 1 progress/Ladbrokes League 1 fixtures : After last seasons late collapse that saw us give up top spot in the last few weeks and then lose in the playoff semi final, I was hoping to at least reach the playoffs again this season, if not go one better.  The board wanted us to reach the playoffs too as the media also had us down to finish in the playoffs.  We had a bit of a slow start to the season which saw us hover around the playoff places for 5 or 6 weeks but we started to find our stride as we picked up momentum throughout the season which saw us go on to win the league without losing a league game as we romped home to the title, finishing 21 points ahead of 2nd place Dunfermline, who once again faltered in the playoffs.

Scottish Cup : Drawing Celtic at Celtic Park was never going to be easy so it’s no surprise that they beat us 3-0.

Betfred Cup : A great run in this cup saw us reach the Semi Final where we were unlucky to lose to Dundee United.

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : A loss on penalties to Morton saw us dumped out of this cup at the Quarter Final stage.

Transfers : In addition to the 9 players that we signed at the start of the season, we made a further 5 signings as Curtis Lyle, Bruce Anderson, Aiden White and Kundai Benyu all joined us on free transfers while Danny Finlayson joined us on a 2 season long loan from Rangers.

Squad : I felt that we just lacked the quality and depth in the squad last season which was why we faded away towards the end so I’m delighted that the additions to the squad added that quality and depth that we needed.  Blair Henderson continued where he left off as he smashed in 26 goals in 46 games while new signing Josh Coley chipped in with 26 goals as well.  Serge Atakayi also netted 14 times over the course of the season as this group of players went the whole league season undefeated, breaking records along the way :D

Finances : Still looking ok at we sit fairly comfortable at just under £300k.

My views of the season… : Making up for last seasons collapse was obviously very pleasing as we romped home to the title in quite impressive style.  Winning the league by 21 points and going undefeated all season is no mean feat and it’s something that surprised me to be honest.  I was expecting Dunfermline and the relegated side, Ayr United to put up more of a challenge but in the end our quality shone through.  Not bad for a part time club!

My aims for next season… : While I do feel that we can compete at this level, avoiding relegation will be the obvious aim so if we can achieve that then that will be seen as an achievement and a successful season.   Again, I’ll be looking to bring in a few faces to add some extra quality that we’ll obviously need now that we’ll be competing at a higher level and I’ll also be pushing for us to turn professional, not something that I’m expecting the board to agree with :(

Career Summary

2019/20    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 2      1st       5th round       Semi Final     Quarter Final         League Champions
2020/21    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 1      2nd       Quarter Final   2nd round      Semi Final            -
2021/22    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 1      1st       4th round       Semi Final     Quarter Final         League Champions

Trophy Cabinet

Ladbrokes League 1 Winners - 2021/22

Edited by Raware

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2022/23

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes Championship : Board expectation - Avoid relegation : Media expectation - 8th (out of 10)

Cup expectations

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : Reach the 4th round 

Transfer budget : £125k - (last season : £25k)

Wage budget : £15k p/w - (last season : £13k)

Current wage bill : £14k p/w - (last season : £9.3k)

Season tickets sold : 117 - (+48 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : Avoiding relegation will be the obvious aim for us and the board are expecting us to achieve this.  The media are predicting us to finish 8th while I think we can push for a higher finish as we’ve shown in previous cup games that we’re able to compete with Championship teams.  To help us try and achieve our goals this season, I’ve brought in quality rather than quantity as we broke the clubs transfer record by bringing in Jack Clarke from Livingston for £60k and then broke it again as we spent £65k on Wallace Duffy from Raith Rovers.  We also brought in Callum Nicell who had a very successful loan spell with us last season on a free transfer after his contract expired with WBA leaving our squad looking fairly strong and hopefully able to meet this seasons expectations.

Edited by Raware

Edinburgh City - Youth Intake 2022/23

8dKSN8A.png

Once again our youth intake was a disappointing one as there was no promising prospects that came through, but I really wish Ryan Lyon (23C) was decent just because of his name! :D

Edinburgh City - Season Review 2022/23

8dKSN8A.png

Ladbrokes Championship/Ladbrokes Championship progress/Ladbrokes Championship fixtures : With us being the new boys of the division, our only expectation was to try and avoid relegation.  We had a strong start to the campaign as we won 9 of our first 13 games which saw us surprisingly top the table for nearly 3 months!  But the quality of the other teams in the league and our lack of fitness as a semi professional club caught up with us as we fell away during the last 10 games.  Still, we continued to compete as we eventually finished 4th and qualified for the playoffs in our first season in the Championship.

Ladbrokes Championship playoffs : Having finished 4th in the league, we qualified for the playoffs where we met Morton.  The first leg didn’t go to plan as we were comfortably beaten 2-0 at our place.  The second leg however saw us turn it around as we made it 2-0 after full time to push the game to extra time.  Unfortunately it wasn’t to be though as Morton scored a very dubious penalty in the 103rd minute to end any playoff dream we had.  

Scottish Cup : A good run for us to the Quarter Final where a strong Rangers side beat us 1-0 to end our journey.

Betfred Cup : We couldn’t match last years run as Celtic easily beat us 2-0 in the 2nd round.

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : A fantastic run in this competition saw us make it all the way to the final where we beat Morton on penalties to claim the clubs first ever Tunnock’s Wafer Cup! :D

Transfers : We brought in Jack Clarke, Callum Nicell and Wallace Duffy during the summer as we spent £125k while I also brought in former Liverpool youth player Tony Gallacher on a free transfer in December.

Squad : The squad performed miracles to finish 4th in the league and qualify for the playoffs in our first season in the Championship.  Blair Henderson continued where he left off as he smashed in 28 goals in 48 games while also claiming the Scottish Championship Player of the Year award, showing that he’s able to perform and score goals at this level.  Serge Atakayi also had a fantastic season as he hit 23 goals in 47 games while both Kundai Benyu and Josh Coley both grabbed 11 goals each for the season.  While the squad of players were fantastic, our fitness levels once again came into question though as we faded towards the end of the season, showing just how difficult it is for a semi professional club to compete with professional clubs.

Finances : Starting to look a bit worrying as we went into the red during the season.  We currently sit just in the black but that’s only due to the prize money that we received from our league finish. 

My views of the season… : An amazing season for us as we not only comfortably avoided relegation, we made it to the playoffs where we were unlucky to lose!  Not to mention that we won the Tunnock’s Wafer Cup for the first time in the club history.  Not a prestigious cup by any means and not one that involved any Premiership teams, but silverware is silverware and I’ll take it! :D  While it was obviously disappointing to lose a playoff Semi Final, I can only be delighted that we actually made it there in the first place.  The only concern that I have is our fitness levels once again as we started the season strongly yet faded away towards the end as our fitness levels let us down as players picked up more injuries as the season went on.  The club rejected my request to turn the club professional which does make me question slightly where we go from here.

My aims for next season… : Despite finishing 4th and making the playoffs this season, next season will be a case of consolidating and making sure we’re an established Championship team.  We’ll need to bring a few more faces as our small squad ran out of steam towards the end of the season due to 1) being a small squad and 2) not having the same fitness levels as the other teams in the league due to our semi professional status.  I’ll also be continuing to push for us turning professional which is key if we’re to make that next step and really push for the Premiership in the next few years.

Career Summary

Season     Team              League                   Position    Scottish Cup    Betfred Cup    Tunnocks Wafer Cup    Achievements
2019/20    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 2         1st       5th round       Semi Final     Quarter Final         League Champions
2020/21    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 1         2nd       Quarter Final   2nd round      Semi Final            -
2021/22    Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes League 1         1st       4th round       Semi Final     Quarter Final         League Champions
2022/23	   Edinburgh City    Ladbrokes Championship     4th       Quarter Final   2nd round      Winners               Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners 

Trophy Cabinet

Ladbrokes League 1 Winners - 2021/22
Tunnocks Wafer Cup Winners - 2022/23
Edited by Raware

21 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Very good debut season in the Championship.

Thanks @Nobby_McDonald.  I was surprised how quickly we adjusted to the Championship.  I can confirm however that the winners of the Tunnock's Wafer Cup do not win a years supply of the the fine snack :(

Edited by Raware

On 21/01/2020 at 19:13, Raware said:

Thanks @Nobby_McDonald.  I was surprised how quickly we adjusted to the Championship.  I can confirm however that the winners of the Tunnock's Wafer Cup do not win a years supply of the the fine snack :(

That's a shame. Maybe you should contact the authorities to suggest it.

On 24/01/2020 at 01:44, Tilling said:

The way this thread is formatted is very familiar to me... are you the same fella who did the British Bulldog save with Harry Hogarth way back in like FM13/14? I remember following that thread religiously when I was younger!

No, I haven't done a British Bulldog save.  Although I have been around this forum since day one and most of my threads are formatted very similar to this one...apart from my save around 2009 in which I did a newspaper style format.

Edinburgh City - Pre-Season 2023/24

8dKSN8A.png

League expectation

Ladbrokes Championship : Board expectation - Mid table : Media expectation - 5th (out of 10)

Cup expectations

Scottish Cup : Reach the 5th round

Tunnock’s Wafer Cup : Quarter Final 

Transfer budget : £70k - (last season : £125k)

Wage budget : £16.7k p/w - (last season : £15k)

Current wage bill : £14.6k p/w - (last season : £14k)

Season tickets sold : 124 - (+7 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : Both the board and media are expecting us to finish mid table and despite our surprise playoff push last season, that’s my expectation too.  If we can consolidate this season and establish ourselves as a Championship club then that will be a good season for us.  To help us try and achieve our aims, I’ve added quantity to the squad as we were thin on the ground last year which caught up with us towards the end of the season as 11 players joined us in the summer.  In come Jack Thomson and Ewan Otoo after both spent the last 3 seasons on loan with us, Kai Kennedy joins us on a free transfer after his contract at Rangers expired, promising winger Craig Mackintosh joins us from Inverness Caly Thistle on a free transfer, Theo Archibald joins us from Livingston on a free transfer, Adam Hutchinson joins us from Hibernian for £25k, Ben Docherty joins us from Morton for £10k, Cammy Gill joins us from Dunfermline for £3k, Billy Fotheringham joins us from Hamilton for £30k and Graeme Nicholls and Innes Cameron both join us on 2 year long loans, leaving our squad looking a strong one and one that I’m more than confident can achieve our goals this season.

Edited by Raware

Edinburgh City - Youth Intake 2023/24

8dKSN8A.png

This years youth intake was once again a disappointing intake as there’s no real prospects coming through.  Alan Rodger (24G), Robert Brookes (24K), Sean Robertson (24M) and Grant Orr (24N) were the only youth candidates who were offered contracts but realistically, they’re never going to push for the first team.