FM20 All-European (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

2032/2033 - CD El Ejido

A solid season in the league. A 5th place isn't flashy but for the first time we're in europe in consecutive years.

We had a great run in the Champions League. We won the group in front of PSG, Liverpool and Benfica.

In the knockout stages we defeated Juventus and german Champions Hertha before ending our run in the Semis against Porto.

After a horrible first season for us Izo has entered the building. He had a great season.

League: 5rd - Cup: 3rdd Rnd - ChL: Semifinal - Supercoppa: Runner-up

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DC Podberezkin - MC Roberto - AMR Izo

Youngster of the season:

DR Steinarsson

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SC Fortuna Koeln Logo since 2019.svg

Season 4 - 2023/2024 - End of season report

The Club

TransfersClub Info | Club Vision | Finances | Andy Sava

Signed a few players this season and even started spending money on transfers. Here are our most important ones:

Niko Kijewski - Left full-back, got him as a rotation option but played alot of matches. Cost 40k Euros

Nemanja Propadalo - Very solid center back, became a regular for us and he currently is our best defender. We signed him in january and he cost 1 milion Euros (500k in installments).

Leon Maurer - Right full-back, signed him as i though he will be our best full-back on the right side. He got a few games under his belt but he is only 18. He cost 275k Euros in installments.

Matthias Rahn - Center back, brought in as we lacked quality in our defense after Davide Constazo left. 

Kelvin Ofori - Striker, our best signing this season together with Propadalo. He instantly broght quality into our team but his 10 finishing showed as he missed alot of chances. 

I let Davide Constanzo leave as he wanted to and i didn't want to ruin our locker room atmosphere. Noe Baba and Firat Tuncer also left the team. \

Finances are stable with all the prize money we get now and i just have to be carefull not to raise our wadges to much. Things are going well so far.

The Season

The Domestic Season

2.Bundesliga | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 - 2 | Season Records

DFP-Pokal | Fixtures

Yeah, not sure what to say, i have no words. This was totally unexpected. The season didn't started well as we lost 2 games in our first 5 and 2 draws, only winning one. After that we steadily recovered and started to climb in the league standings. As we were getting close to the end of the season, we caught up to Greuther Furth who were in 3rd place. We beat them and passed them in the standings but we lost 2 of the following games and we ended up behind again. Thankfully they were not doing well either and as we entered the final week we were back in 3rd but not by much. The battle for 3rd was decided in the last matchday when we won our game against last place Erzgebirge Aue. It was close in the end but we managed to bring it home. 3rd meant we were going to play-off and we were going to play Hamburg.

Unfortunately they beat us 3-0 in the first match of the leg which was played away. We won the second match 4-3 but it was just for consolation. Promotion was never on the cards before the start of the season so i am not too disappointed. We managed to beat Hamburg in the home game of the playoff and this proves we are getting close to Bundesliga.

The squad

Squad | Season Best Eleven 

We have good depth in every position at the moment and we can work something out if some players are not available for a match. I still need to get better players in order to challenge for a direct promotion spot. Started the season with the 4-2-3-1 we used last season but changed after a few matches to a 4-2-4 because it was not working. The 4-2-4 helped us much more but we still used the 4-2-3-1 in some games. We are also training a 5-2-1-2 along those two but we haven't used it. The first eleven according to the season best eleven was:

GK - Danny Rogers

DR - Andrej Startsev

DC - Franko Uzelac 

DC - Matthias Rahn

DL - Niko Kijewski

MC - Dennis Brock

MC - Patrick Strauss

AMR - Kenan Dünnwald-Turan

AML - Farid Abderrahmane

ST - Kelvin Ofori

ST - Kelvin Lunga

The substitutes for the season's best eleven are Serhat Imsak, Nemanja Propadalo, Sinan Kurt, Hamza Salman, Severin Adlhoch, Alem Koljic and Leon Maurer

Season Awards

Fortuna Koln Fans Player of the Seson Dennis Brock

Fortuna Koln Top Goalscorer - Kelvin Ofori - 11

Fortuna Koln Highes Average Rating - Dennis Brock - 7.14

Fortuna Koln Most PoM Awards - Kenan Dünnwald-Turan - 4

The History

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A

Edited by Andy Sava

Putnok FC

Eger 2028/29

Table | Squad | Transfers

This was a disappointing season where the team went backwards, stuck in midtable without threatening the euro positions and well beaten by the top 4 sides.

Reached the semi final of the Hungarian cup and after drawing the first leg away 1-1, the team were beaten 1-2 at home which was very frustrating.

Finances continue to be good with improvements made in facilities, this doesn't seem to have resulting in an decent youths in the last few years though. Sold a youth player in Baranyi who i couldn't see him playing for me and Bracun left as his min fee clause was activated.

Struggled to score enough for the first half of the season although Ilyuschenkov did ok but failed to score in the last 12 matches of the season. Kameni was signed as the 2nd striker but he is unlikely to score many but his set piece attributes are the best i have seen.

Season

League

Position

Hungarian Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2020/21

Division II

15th

3rd Rd

Korbely (11)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2021/22

Division II

8th

2nd rd

Baros (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/23

Division II

9th

4th Rd

Kasza (15)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2023/24

Division II

12th

2nd rd

Licuriceanu (19)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2024/25

Division II

1st

4th Rd

Baros (23)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2025/26

Division I

5th

Quarter Final

Mencezeles(9)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2026/27

Division I

3rd

4th Rd

Licuriceanu (15)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

Qualified for Europe

2027/28

Division I

5th

2nd Rd

2nd Q Rd Euro cup II

Bracun (11)

Average

Adequate

Adequate

Adequate

2028/29

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (22)

Good

Adequate

Good

Good

Edited by Thebaker

3 games to go in the next season relegated with only 12 points and sacked. 

God knows whats next. I know there used to be some other threads for this type of challenge for other parts of the world, but would anyone be against them all being included in here?? So for example Brazil or China @rlipscombe

Edited by ashton321

Season 5 - 2024/2025 - End of season report

The Club

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances | Andy Sava

The Club Vision remains the same, we still need to battle in order to avoid relegation. This is good as it does not put aditional presure on us. I may have screwed our finances since i signed more players and our wadge bill went up but we had less money coming in. We need to get back on track next season otherwise we might need to let some players go.

The Season

The Domestic Season

DFP-Pokal | Fixtures

This season was suprisingly bad as we finished 12th. Horrible. We started well and in our first 6 matches we won 3, drew 2 and lost 1. Pretty good start but after that it just went really really bad. In the next 7 matches we lost 6 and drew 1 and after we started getting some good results we lost 3 in a row again. Unfortunately this inconsistent form continued and it led to a 12th place finish. I'm not sure if it were the tactics or the player, i tend to belive it was the players. We had many lost matches in which we dominated but couldn't score.

In the cup it was the same story as last season, win the first round and lose the second round against a Bundesliga team. This time it was Bayern but we somehow only lost 2-0.

The squad

Transfers | Squad | Season Best Eleven 

We got some good first team players but it didn't seem to help our season. Hopefully we click in the next season with some more players coming in. 

Transfers In

Laurenz Dehl - SC / AML - Free transfer, won the league Top Goalscorer with 17 goals scored.

Michael Brentan - DM / MC - Free transfer

Ahmet Gürleyen - DC / DM - Free transfer

Aaron Opoku - M/AML / M/AMRC - Free transfer

We still used the 4-2-4 with the 4-2-3-1 as back-up. Not sure how we will continue, probably with the 4-2-4 or a completely new tactic.

Season's Best Eleven

GK - Danny Rogers<22 Apps, 31 Goals Allowed, 4 Shutouts, 6.86 Avg Rat>

DR - Leon Maurer<26 Apps, 1 Goal, 7 Avg Rat>

DC - Nemanja Propadalo<33 Apps, 5 Goals, 7.23 Avg Rat>

DC - Ahmet Gürleyen - <29 Apps, 1 Goal, 6.96 Avg Rat>

DL - Alem Koljic<22 Apps, 1 Goal, 7.12 Avg Rat>

MC - Michael Brentan - <34 Apps, 2 Goals, 7.15 Avg Rat>

MC - Patrick Strauss<31 Apps, 1 Goal, 6.98 Avg Rat>

AMR - Hamza Salman<29 Apps, 2 Goals, 6.76 Avg Rat>

AML - Farid Abderrahmane<23 Apps, 3 Goals, 6.67 Avg Rat>

ST - Laurenz Dehl - <35 Apps, 18 Goals, 7.10 Avg Rat>

ST - Kelvin Ofori<35 Apps, 10 Goals, 6.89 Avg Rat>

Best Eleven Substitutes

Leon Schmidt

Maurice Nagel

Dennis Brock

Aaron Opoku

Severin Adhloch

Niko Kijewski

Klajdi Ljoki

Season Awards

Fortuna Koln Fans Player of the Seson - Nemanja Propadalo

Fortuna Koln Top Goalscorer - Laurenz Dehl 

Fortuna Koln Most PoM Awards - Nemanja Propadalo

2.Bundesliga Top Goalscorer - Laurenz Dehl

The History

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A
  24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A

20 minutes ago, ashton430 said:

3 games to go in the next season relegated with only 12 points and sacked. 

God knows whats next. I know there used to be some other threads for this type of challenge for other parts of the world, but would anyone be against them all being included in here?? So for example Brazil or China @rlipscombe

That sucks, i did sweat a little bit towards the end of my last season because of our bad form.

I wouldn't be against it, but this would need a rename then :D That being said, in that case the challenge would not be the same as you don't get to compete in Champions League.

@ashton430 - i think for this version of FM we should keep the thread to European nations only.  I wouldn't be adverse to expanding the thread to other continents on the next version if the demand is there and there aren't other threads for those continents.  Good luck in Germany.

@Andy Sava - unlucky this season with the backwards step.  hoping that this is only a blip and that you can recapture your form next season.

@ashton430 - you read my mind :D

I have been lurking in the forums after a long absence and would love to do a challenge like this in Brazil, not for this FM as I haven't bought it, but probably for the next version.

@rlipscombe - I was also going to ask if you can do this challenge on FM Touch? With kids and limited time I think I would struggle with time for something more in depth.

EDIT: Also need to learn how to catch up with the new functions in the forums haha

Edited by corinthiano

image.png.64de362fd471bee6aa52e41c8dec37f5.png

League - absolute quality, we dominated and secured the title with two games to go. We never really looked like doing anything other than winning the league, it was fantastic. 

Finances - not ideal but I am hoping we get more money in the higher league

Transfers - had a decent side to begin with but brought in some much better quality

Stars of Season

Niklas Reutelhuber - everything good came from the right wing via him, he was superb

Matthias Steinborn - he could not stop scoring all year what a legend.

Next Year - I think we could be midtable next year we have a very good side and I think with an addition or two we could look good, but there is some big teams in the league above

Year       Division        Finish        Cup           Europe
-----------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   3. LIga           1st          N/A            N/A

@ashton430 Wow you got Lokomotive, i tried it and reloaded about 50-60 times but didn't get them. Congrats, great first season.

Edit: about the money, you will definitely get more, i got 10.5 million Euros for finishing 10th in my first season in 2.Bundesliga.

Edited by Andy Sava

Season 6 - 2025/2026 - End of season report

The Club

I got my Continental C License this year, almost finished with the licenses. The club is continuing on a good path and our finances have stabilized even though our wadge budget has gone up.

The Season

The Domestic Season

DFP-Pokal | Fixtures

I don't know what to think. We finished 8th, which is higher than last season, but i did not like how we played. We were too inconsistent. Tried more changes to our tactics and in the end we managed to finish in the top-half of the league. This was our 4th season in 2.Bundesliga but i don't feel like we made progress, despite the quality of the players being much higher than when we got promoted. Who knows, maybe next season everything will click.

In the Pokal, we finally got a team on our level in the 2nd Round. And we still lost. 

The squad

We signed a few more players this year, all of which got into our first team. Michael Bertran left for 3.1M Euros, his release clause being triggered by Nurnberg.

Transfers In

Wim Holband - S (C) - Free transfer, former Bayer Leverkusen player

Fabinho - S (C) / M (C), AM (RLC) - Free transfer

Vincenzo Longobardi - D (C) - Free transfer

Maurice Opfermann Arcones - DM, M (C) / AM (C) - 210K Euros

Jean-Manuel Mbom - DM, M (C) / AM (RC) - 150K Euros

Rhuan - AM (LC), S (C) - Free transfer

I don't think our squad is bad, i think it's good enough to fight for promotion. However, i seem to struggle when it comes to our tactics and we still haven't figured out a good strategy. We played a bit with the 4-2-4 from last season, then with our 4-2-3-1 only to go back to the 4-2-4 and make a couple more tweaks. It went decent after that, and we managed to climb a bit in the league. This will probably be my squad for next season too, as i don't want to bring in too many more players. The only position i want to bring new players is full-back. 

Season's Best Eleven

GK - Leon Schmidt<20 Apps, 18 Goals Allowed, 5 Shutouts, 6.89 Avg Rat>

DR - Leon Maurer<30 Apps, 6.85 Avg Rat>

DC - Vincenzo Longobardi - <34 Apps, 7 Goals, 7.18 Avg Rat>

DC - Nemanja Propadalo<24 Apps, 7.10 Avg Rat>

DL - Alem Koljic<31 Apps, 6.97 Avg Rat> 

MC - Jean-Manuel Mbom - <30 Apps, 6 Goals, 7.22 Avg Rat>

MC - Maurice Opfermann Arcones - <34 Apps, 7.03 Avg Rat>

AMR - Kelvin Ofori<31 Apps, 6 Goals, 6.90 Avg Rat>

AML - Rhuan - <16 Apps, 6 Goals, 7.00 Avg Rat>

STC - Wim Holband - <34 Apps, 14 Goals, 7.19 Avg Rat>

ST -  Laurenz Dehl<31 Apps, 5 Goals, 6.89 Avg Rat>

Best Eleven Substitutes

Danny Rogers

Ahmet Gürleyen

Hamza Salman

Aaron Opoku

Patrick Strauss

Niko Kijewski

Fabinho

Season Awards

Fortuna Koln Fans Player of the Seson - Jean-Manuel Mbom

Fortuna Koln Top Goalscorer - Wim Holband

Fortuna Koln Most PoM Awards - Wim Holband

Fortuna Kolm Most Assists - Wim Holband

The History

Club Achievements

24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A
  25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A

Season 7 - 2026/2027 - End of season report

The Club

With the wadges going up again, our finances took a hit and this was a make it or break it season. Failing meant that we would have to sell some players.

The Season

The Domestic Season

DFP-Pokal | Fixtures

A decent start showed us some hope that this season was going to be different. We lost our second game away at Bochum but bounced back pretty good and went on a 8 matches unbeatan run. This came to a stop when Fortuna Dusseldorf won the match 3-2 in our stadium. After this loss we hammered Braunschweig with a 5-0 away victory. Hamburg beat us 2-0 and took the lead in the league. We continued to do well in the league and won 2-0 against Union Berlin who were fighting for promotion too and after we lost 2-1 away to Hannover 96 we went on another 8 matches unbeaten run. The last match in this run, a 1-0 win away at Sandhausen, secured promotion for us and put us 1 point away from 1st place Hamburg. Important to say that before this match we played Hamburg at home but we only managed a 1-1 draw. The last match day brought a disappointing 3-0 defeat at home against Holstein Kiel but Hamburg won their last match and our defeat didn't matter that much. 

A great 2.Bundesliga showing and i am really happy we managed to get promoted. Our wadge bill got high and we needed this.

The Pokal didn't go so well for us as we got eliminated by a semi-professional team, Pirmanses, in a game that we dominated but missed alot of chances. We were leading 2-0 at half-time, they scored a goal in first minuts of the second half and we went up 3-1 in the 68th minute. Things went downhill after this as they scored another goal and equalized in overtime. The  match went to penalties and we lost the shootout. Disappointing game as we had 42 shots, 22 on target and 7 clear cut chances. I am happy however, that this game happened in the cup and not in the league to ruin our campaign somehow.

The squad

We did what i looked for this season, improved our defense with some new and better players. 

Transfers In

Iulian Stoica - D (R) / WB/M (R) - 1.2M Euros from SC Paderborn

Sandello Lisi - D (R) / D (LC), WB (R) - Free transfer, probably our best transfer so far. 

Marcus Schubert - GK - 105K Euros from Holstein Kiel

Niklas Daum - D (L) / D(C), WB/AM (L) - 180K Euros from Hannover 96

Had a pretty complete squad at the start of this season except left fullback, so Lisi played a few matches on the left and he did pretty well. After we signed Daum, that was corrected and i was happy with our depth. Some problems with our wingers, they had some pretty poor matches and were pretty incosistent. I considered changing the system but didn't want to risk anything.

Season's Best Eleven

GK - Marcus Schubert - <31 Apps, 29 Goals Allowed, 11 Shutouts, 6.85 Avg Rat>

DR - Sandello Lisi - <29 Apps, 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.02 Avg Rat>

DC - Nemanja Propadalo<28(1) Apps, 2 Goals, 2 PoM, 7.12 Avg Rat>

DC - Vincenzo Longobardi<30(2) Apps, 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 6.94 Avg Rat>

DL - Alem Koljic<13 (5) Apps, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.02 Avg Rat>

MC - Maurice Opfermann Arcones - <33 Apps, 3 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.22 Avg Rat>

MC - Jean-Manuel Mbom<32 Apps, 6 Goals, 1 Assist, 4 PoM, 7.10 Avg Rat>

AMR - Kelvin Ofori<31(3) Apps, 7 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 6.89 Avg Rat>

AML - Rhuan<23(5) Apps, 2 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.68 Avg Rat>

STC - Wim Holband<31 Apps, 16 Goals, 7 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.40 Avg Rat>

STC -  Laurenz Dehl<31(1) Apps, 7 Goals, 4 Assists, 6.91 Avg Rat>

Best Eleven Substitutes

Aaron Opoku

Ahmet Gürleyen

Iulian Stoica

Patrick Strauß

Fabinho

Niklas Daum

Klajdi Ljoki

Season Awards

Fortuna Koln Fans Player of the Seson - Wim Holband

Fortuna Koln Top Goalscorer - Wim Holband

Fortuna Koln Most PoM Awards - Wim Holband

Fortuna Kolm Most Assists - Maurice Opfermann Arcones

The History

Club Achievements

25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A
  26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A

League - it was a really weird season we were fantastic but it seemed that we just could not ever relax. We only won three goals by 2 games the rest were by one, but we seemed to do just enough every time to win. We go up as runners up

Cup- knocked out by Bundesliga team

Finances - again prize money saves me

Transfers - every player that came in but for two youngsters were class first team players

Stars of Season

Marky Delgado - one of my first signings here, an absolute beast this year

Marvin Pourie - superb striker scored 6 in 36 in last two seasons for his old club, destroyed that record for me this year

Next Year - I have no aim other than survive, I think its going to be a real struggle but we will see, even if we went down it would not be the worst thing

2021/22   Bundesliga 2      11th         Rnd 3          N/A
2022/23   Bundesliga 2      2nd          Rnd 2          N/A

Edited by ashton321

Season 8 - 2027/2028 - End of season report

The Club

We got a boost in reputation with the promotion to Bundesliga. Finances are well since prize money in Bundesliga is pretty good (last place gets 30 million Euros). Our youth facilities have been downgraded and our board agreed to upgrade them together with our training facilities.

The Season

The Domestic Season

DFP-Pokal | Fixtures

We stayed up, barely and we had to go trough relegation play-off, but we stayed up. This was the objective this season and even if we played some horrible football in some matches, i am pleased. Our first wind came at home against former 2.Bundesliga side FC Nurnberg, with a convincing 4-1. Our best match this season was probably our 5-0 win away at Mainz. We also managed a 2-2 draw against Borussia Dortmund, which we should have won but Dortmund scored a late goal to equalize. We had a chance to escape the relegation zone and not have to play the play-off, as we were 2 points ahead of Hoffenheim before the last match day, but we bottled it hard losing 2-1 against Freiburg. Leverkusen also was in vacation mode for the last match and lost to Hoffenheim. We needed Hoffenheim not to win since we lost. The play-off went well and we managed to avoid relegation. We played Union Berlin and won both games: 2-0 at home and 2-1 away.

In the Pokal it was just like past years, do well in the first round and get eliminated in the second. Nothing spectacular yet.

The squad

I had to sell Sandello Lisi to Borussia Mönchengladbach since they met his release clause. The great part was that his release clause was 20 million Euros and this money ended up helping our finances. For the transfers i payed for, the money are going out in installments because we could not afford to pay upfront.

Transfers In

Philipp Reith - Free transfer

Angelo Ndrecka - Free transfer

Emiliano Zamboni - Free transfer. He is leaving this summer for 2.1 million Euros

Mike Bitzer3.5 million Euros from Augsburg

Ben Dixon1.1 million Euros from SC Paderborn

Alfa Racciulli - 3 million Euros

Season's Best Eleven

GK - Markus Schubert<22 Apps, 44 Goals Allowed, 3 Shutouts, 6.95 Avg Rat>

DR - Iulian Stoica<28(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 6.84 Avg Rat>

DC - Vincenzo Longobardi <36 Apps, 6.88 Avg Rat>

DC - Ahmet Gürleyen<23(3) Apps, 2 Goals, 6.96 Avg Rat>

DL - Niklas Daum<22(2) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.85 Avg Rat>

MC - Philipp Reith - <35 Apps, 5 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.19 Avg Rat>

MC - Jean-Manuel Mbom<31(1) Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.07 Avg Rat>

AMR - Mike Bitzer - <29(3) Apps, 2 Goals, 4 Assists, 6.72 Avg Rat>

AML - Rhuan<22(9) Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 6.61 Avg Rat>

STC - Wim Holband<33(1) Apps, 10 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.97 Avg Rat>

STC - Ben Dixon - <32(2) Apps, 12 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.04 Avg Rat>

Best Eleven Substitutes

Alfa Racciulli

Nemanja Propadalo

Maurice Opfermann Arcones

Aaron Opoku

Laurenz Dehl

Angelo Ndrecka

Kelvin Ofori

Racciulli has replaced Schubert as my first choice GK since he signed for us. 

Season Awards

Fortuna Koln Fans Player of the Seson - Philipp Reith

Fortuna Koln Top Goalscorer - Wim Holband and Ben DixonApparantely the Pokal goals don't count and in the league they both have 10.

Fortuna Koln Most PoM Awards - Jean-Manuel Mbom and Philipp Reith - 4 for each

Fortuna Kolm Most Assists - Jean-Manuel Mbom - 6

For some reason i won the Bundesliga Manager of the Year award. Ah well, good for me!

The History

Club Achievements

26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A
  27/28         Bundesliga        16th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A

Edited by Andy Sava

League - it was a really weird season we were fantastic but it seemed that we just could not ever relax. We only won three goals by 2 games the rest were by one, but we seemed to do just enough every time to win. We go up as runners up

Cup- knocked out by Bundesliga team

Finances - again prize money saves me

Transfers - every player that came in but for two youngsters were class first team players

Stars of Season

Marky Delgado - one of my first signings here, an absolute beast this year

Marvin Pourie - superb striker scored 6 in 36 in last two seasons for his old club, destroyed that record for me this year

Next Year - I have no aim other than survive, I think its going to be a real struggle but we will see, even if we went down it would not be the worst thing

League - it was very tight all year round we were up and down all year round. A win against Koln in the game before last looked like it was going to be enough and so it proved as we survived. Just. 

Cup- did not care rested all players and knocked out by team from league below

Finances - prize money has come in and absolutely saved me

Transfers - no cash to spend again we had to make do

Stars of Season

Rudolf Ndualu - joined this year and was superb, solid and played in a lot of different positions for me

Viktor Masuch - came up through the youth system few years ago and this year played a lot and was decent when he did

Next Year - I am going to have to improve the squad, I need new faces as much of the squad has decided to leave, I have done some scouting and if the budgets allow I will be busy

2023/24   Bundesliga        15th         Rnd 2          N/A

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2046/47 (Season 27)

Season Summary | League

27 seasons in and I'm definitely starting to feel some frustration. It wasn't so long ago that we made back-to-back Champions League semifinals and I was feeling very optimistic, but this season we were once again dumped out in the last 16 to Real Madrid. It's not that I don't think we can get there, but it's more that I don't know what I need to change in order to make that final step. The league is very academic now, and while the board value the cup I don't really care much whether we win it or not - it's a good opportunity for some of my fringe players to prove to me that they deserve to stay at the club.

Tomislav Duka was our midfield maestro once again. Almost everything flows through him, even if he's not getting regular assists, and he's a regular for the national team now. I only wish he was a product of our own academy instead of Dinamo's. Joaquim Pinto's 26 goals coming in off the right wing would be enough to stand out in any other team, but Telmo Silva nearly hitting the 40 goal mark is an even bigger deal for me. I'm glad to see Telmo flying again, as last season worried me just a tiny bit that he'd only ever be "good" instead of "great".

9 hours ago, ashton430 said:

We only won three goals by 2 games

I think you got the words a touch muddled. Gave me a slight chuckle :)

Great to see so many more people getting involved now. At one point it felt like I was nearly the only person slogging away at it, so the fact I have to scroll back a couple of pages to copy/paste my last update makes me very happy. Wishing everyone the greatest of successes.

1 hour ago, Biscotti said:

I think you got the words a touch muddled. Gave me a slight chuckle :)

Great to see so many more people getting involved now. At one point it felt like I was nearly the only person slogging away at it, so the fact I have to scroll back a couple of pages to copy/paste my last update makes me very happy. Wishing everyone the greatest of successes.

I agree Biscotti.  Good to see more playing recently.  No time for me to take on the challenge again at this stage of the year, but i will definitely be trying again next game.  Got frustrated early on and went away to hone my skills and between having some success with Sheffield Wednesday and a lack of time at times i haven't managed to get back to the challenge.

@Biscotti That Telmo SIlva guys is soooo soo good. 

I wasn't sure if i would buy the game or wait for 21, but i decided to get it because i wasn't sure what will happen with 21 and if it will get released this year. I'm glad i bought it, i'm having a good time at Fortuna Koln.

Edit: If i remember correctly from my Holstein Kiel save a few years back, it took me a while to win the CL. A few semi-finals and a final lost i think. It's frustrating but when you finally win it, it feels so good.

Edited by Andy Sava

2033/2034 - CD El Ejido

A pretty good season. Well in europe that is. We had an abysmal season nationally with a 7th place in the league and a 2nd rnd exit in the cup.

But the Europe League.... Eureka!

After cruising through the group we beat Porto, Wolfsburg and Rangers en route to a final against Hoffenheim.

A pretty uneventful game that ended with a 1-0 victory for Hoffenheim. If the game ended after 90 minutes. We equalised in the 92nd minute and won 4-1 in extra time.

Izo saved me once again. I'm pretty sure a loss in the final would have made me an unemployed man. And now It's onto the Champions League.

League: 7th - Cup: 2nd Rnd - EL: Winner!

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DMC Moreira - MC Toindouba - AMR Izo

Youngster of the season:

DC Silva

League - we struggled this year, a lot. We started off well getting 9 points in 12 but then just fell off a cliff, eventually it took a win in the relegation playoff. I was not happy with this year, we will need to improve next year as good teams are coming up. I still feel we are only really a Bundesliga 2 mid table team.

Cup- knocked out by our local rivals in Rnd 2 was a bitter pill

Finances - we need to try and sort these out we are loosing a lot of money

Transfers - we spent a fair bit of cash this year to try and bring in some extra quality

Stars of Season

Christian Salas - American centre back came in this year and was superb, I think he will be a good player

Manuel Rivas - I am unsure about this one, I bought him for some decent cash as a bit of a panic buy, he did not pull up any trees but he was ok. I am hoping he will improve. (wahts your guys thoughts)

Next Year - I am going to be bringing in some more players who are going to help straight away rather than maybe being potential. I am thinking it maybe a bit of a big squad change

2023/24   Bundesliga        15th         Rnd 2          N/A
2024/25   Bundesliga        16th         Rnd 2          N/A

Ok, totally ballsed up in Denmark in my first top league season. Didn't really anticipate the jump in wages players would ask for once professional. Sold some players and quickly realised I wasn't gonna be able to replace them (made worse by fact I got rid of staff with scouting knowledge of key nations). Went on a major losing run and rage uninstalled.

Definitely some lessons learned though :lol: I'm now ready to try again. I prefer the lower league action than the reality of top flight football anyway. Going to Turkey to manage Manisaspor. They've fallen from grace somewhat but the facilities are all there to make a run at the big time.

Club Facilities - League History - Manager - Squad

37 minutes ago, Balahara said:

@ashton430 I really like the look of Rivas. I tend to look out for strikers that are capable in the air and he definitely fits the bill. Great DLF.

Cheers pal, I like him I think he could be decent in the future, he seems to be improving to. I am hoping for big things from him this year, 10 goals at least

Season 9 - 2028/2029 - End of season report

The Season

The Domestic Season

DFP-Pokal | Fixtures

The Bundesliga season started like the last one, 3 losses and 1 draw in our first 4 games. We recovered pretty well and a couple of wins and a 2-0 loss to Bayern led us to a massiv 2-1 victory against Dortmund. A 5-3 win against Wolfsburg was the highlight of our season until february. January came and i decided to go back to my 4-2-3-1, a tactic that has never failed me in the past in the top division of a country. The start wasn't good and we lost 3 games in a row but a home game against Hertha BSC brought us our first victory with this system, 3-0. After that we were in incredible form and got some amazing results including a 2-0 victory against Bayern and a 1-0 away win against Bayer Leverkusen. This amazing run took us close to European places and after the second to last game of season, a 4-0 win against Fortuna Dusseldorf, we secured 7th place. Ahead of us was Bayern who had a very dissapointing season in Bundesliga. 7th place meant we were at the mercy of Eintrecht Frankfurt, who had to win their Pokal final against Stuttgart so Bayern gets Europa League as 6th in the league and we get a Europe Conference League spot. Frankfurt won the final but something even better happened. Bayern won the Europa League final against Dortmund so they got a Champions League spot and we got a Europa League spot! Amazing!

In the Pokal we managed an impressive run and got eliminated in the quarter-finals by Eintrecht Frankfurt. Huh, look how that turned out!

The squad

We're getting there, slowly but surely we are bulding a good team that can start to challenge for Europe spots in the league. We got some good players this season and have a few more coming in. Emiliano Zamboni and Markus Schubert left the club.

Transfers In

Steven Lucas - M (C) / AM (C) - Form Liverpool youth player he joined on a free transfer as he was considere surplus by Liverpool. He had a solid first season for us, being named as the VDV newcomer of the season.

Andrija Radulovic - M/AM (R) / AM (L) - He joined us from St. Pauli for 1.2M Euros. I wanted to get him last season but i we didn't have the money at that moment.

Ismail Öner - ST (C) - 18 years old striker, cost 1.7M Euros. I thought he was worth it for his age, the only doubt for me was his Acceleration. With some training he might becaum a very good striker.

Dominik Kowalczyk - AM (C) / M (C), ST (C) - I needed a better attacking midfielder when i switched to 4-2-3-1 and i found him through my scouting system. He was pretty good for us as he only cost 91K Euros.

Incoming Transfers

Damian Jaroszek - GK - For a 16 years old he looks like a great prospect and my scouts rate him pretty high. He cost 1M Euros upfront and 2M Euros in 12 month installments.

Hugo Morado - M (C) / DM - Free transfer, his contract with FC Porto expires at the end of the season.

Colin Burbidge - ST (C) - Currently a Liverpool player he will join us at the end of the season for free. I liked his finishing for a 19 years old, but i don't know about the rest. We will see.

I think we have a good squad and it showed this season with our surprising finish. We will see what players we find in the off-season and how we do in our first season in Europe. The best eleven is in the 4-2-4 because we played more games like that.

Season's Best Eleven

GK - Alfa Ricciulli<38 Apps, 63 Goals Allowed, 8 Shutouts, 6.94 Avg Rat>

DR - Iulian Stoica<35 Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 7.03 Avg Rat>

DC - Nemanja Propadalo<32 Apps, 3 Goals, 3 PoM, 7.10 Avg Rat>

DC - Vincenzo Longobardi<32 Apps, 1 Goal, 6.94 Avg Rat>

DL - Niklas Daum<17(4) Apps, 4 Assists, 6.96 Avg Rat>

MC - Philip Reith<33 Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM< 7.42 Avg Rat>

MC - Steven Lucas - <29 Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.12 Avg Rat>

AMR - Andrija Radulovic - <31(1) Apps, 5 Goals, 8 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.97 Avg Rat>

AML - Rhuan<24(7) Apps, 9 Goals, 6 Assists, 1 PoM, 6.86 Avg Rat>

STC - Wim Holband<33(4) Apps,  23 Goals, 5 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.23 Avg Rat>

STC - Ben Dixon<13(6) Apps, 9 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.04 Avg Rat>

Best Eleven Substitutes

Dominik Kowalczyk

Ahmet Gürleyen

Jean-Manuel Mbom

Mike Bitzer

Laurenz Dehl

Angelo Ndrecka

Klajdi Ljoki

Season Awards

Fortuna Koln Fans Player of the Seson - Philip Reith

Fortuna Koln Top Goalscorer - Wim Holband - 23

Fortuna Koln Most PoM Awards - Wim Holband - 5

Fortuna Kolm Most Assists - Andrija Radulovic - 8

The Club

Club ProfileClub Info | Facilities | Club Vision | Finances | Andy Sava

I managed to convince the board to upgrade our data analisys facilities. They didn't want to but i played the "After all i've done for this club" card and they agreed. Did the same for training facilities.

The History

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League    |     Europe Conference League
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  27/28         Bundesliga        16th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  28/29         Bundesliga        7th               QF                    N/A                     N/A                         N/A

An update to who won the trophies since i started the save.

7792a2aac7f3c885793f47bbe793e739.png

France is unstopable so far, only England managed to beat them. Bayern has done great but this season they crashed and got saved by the Europa League win.

Edited by Andy Sava

@Muggert - congratulations on the Europa League win!  Love an injury time equaliser! (if it's for me anyway) and a dominant win in extra time.  Like the look of Izo...

@ashton430 - looking forward to seeing how you get on next season.  Why are you 'insecure'?

@Balahara - sorry to hear about the mix-up in Denmark.  Better luck in Turkey.

@Andy Sava - stroke of luck making Europe but who cares!  Enjoy and good luck on both fronts next season.