FM20 All-European (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2043/44 (Season 24)

Season Summary | League

With our third league title in a row it looks like we've reached a point where we're comfortably the best team in Croatia. More importantly, though, we once again reached the semi finals of the Champions League - this time falling to Juventus. I feel like I've entered the home stretch now and even though I've grown to love this club, I'm ready to be done with it now. Interesting to note that we drew Barça in the quarters again - we're becoming their bogey team at the moment.

This season unfortunately saw the departure of Leite. Very disappointed with that one to be honest, but Man City came in for him and he had no interest in negotiating an extended deal. Even in his absence, though, Telmo Silva still had a terrific season - equalling the club's goal scoring record. Pavel Vulpe continues to be my midfield maestro, ensuring that every time I get an updated scout report on Palomino I'm reminded that he absolutely would no longer get a start if we brought him back in. We became a little thin at the back over the summer, so I was quite grateful that my first-choice pair didn't suffer too much in the way of injuries. Luca Carbone was absolutely the man in charge in that regard and helped considerably in only conceding 22 goals in the 36 league games.

Over the summer the Chairman announced his retirement, and so we had a very swift consortium takeover. I still have the strong backing of the board, so I'm not concerned there, and our updated vision now centres around the development of young talent - a philosophy which absolutely matches with the usual way I play FM. The stadium move is currently scheduled for the end of next season - how much would I love to move there as champions of Europe?

2 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

keep going @Biscotti  i can sense that you are in the home stretch now.  Moving into your new stadium as the champions of Europe would be a dream.  Love Telmo Silva - looks a beast of a striker.  Is there much interest in him?  

There's been no end of it for both Silva and for Vulpe. Luckily Vulpe has shown zero interest in leaving, but over this summer Silva finally kicked up a stink over me not accepting a bid (from Wolves, of all places). He's got 5 years left on his current deal, and he can spend the whole of it unhappy and leave on a free at the end if it means he keeps bagging me 25+ a season.

Luckily the Wolves interest cooled off and he's happy again now.

2027/2028 - CD El Ejido - Liga Santander

We're gonna play on the continental level.

An abysmal start saw us in the relegation zone after 12 games. We turned the ship around and with Valencia winning the Copa del Rey an extra european spot opened up.

We had to completely abandon chances in the Copa del Rey to keep up in the league.

Our standout players was newcomers ST Petr Svoboda and DC Antonio Ciotti

Infrasturcture-wise the board rejected my wishes to improve training and youth facilities. On the bright side our new stadium is ready before the new season!

League: 7th (EC2 Qual) - Cup: 2nd

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DC Ciotti - MC Brescianini - ST Svoboda

Youngster of the season:

MC Nogueira

Edited by Muggert

11 hours ago, gb2003 said:

Great season @Thebaker. You're now in the top tier right?

@Muggert well done. Have fun next year in europe.

I could play with my Palermo save a little further. Hope I can update the next days!

Yes, the top division had only 12 teams in Hungary so its not the biggest.

Putnok FC

Eger 2025/26

Table | Squad | Transfers

The league has some strange rules with only 10 foreign players able to be registered, foreign includes all other EU countries but not Georgia, Russia, Turkey and caribbean countries. No more than 5 non-eu players can be in the playing 11.

Started slowly but soon found my feet at this level and was never threatened by relegation, didn't really look like troubling the European spots either. In the Cup the team reached the quarter final losing the 1st leg 0-3 at home to struggling Haladas and drawing the away leg 1-1.

Finances continue to be strong. The board agreed to increase the training facilities before then leaving. The new board agreed to increase the youth facilities and create a 2nd team. They also announced this after the season which is surprising as the attendance is not close to capacity and the proposed ground is much smaller.

Signed Menczeles who had been on loan a few seasons ago. My DOF signed Kaladze on an end of contract, by the time he arrived he had been capped by Georgia.  I was impressed by his ability so i looked at the Geogian national team and found this unattached player in the u21's and signed him up.

Most of the squad played well and a lot of them improved in attributes as the season went on. Mihalszki was possibly the standout player.

Season

League

Position

FA Cup

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2020/21

Division II

15th

3rd Rd

Korbely (11)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2021/22

Division II

8th

2nd rd

Baros (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/23

Division II

9th

4th Rd

Kasza (15)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2023/24

Division II

12th

2nd rd

Licuriceanu (19)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2024/25

Division II

1st

4th Rd

Baros (23)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2025/26

Division I

5th

Quarter Final

Mencezeles(9)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2028/2029 - CD El Ejido

So close to a european title. And then we threw away continental football in to tries.

Farid took the only straight red card of our season in the first half of the final... Horrible. That's gonna haunt him.

We got a new chairman and he actually brought in a couple of good players in Uhrin and Roberto.

Well... Our finances are great and the tv money in the conference league helped. Hopefully we'll have a decent transfer budget this year.

Our team is strong and young. We have a good young core coming through in the following players:

DC HoggMC RobertoMC UhrinAMR BenaliST Svoboda

A couple of additions plus a little luck and that Euro League spot is ours.

League: 8th - Cup: 3rd - EC2: Final loss

Players of the season:

DC Ciotti - DMC Farid - ST Svoboda

Youngster of the season:

AMR Benali

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2044/45 (Season 25)

Season Summary | League

Another pretty straightforward domestic season for us, winning the League/Cup double once again. It could be argued there's nothing left to achieve domestically any more, but having come pretty close to an unbeaten season previously I really would like to achieve that before I'm done here. In Europe, we were unfortunate enough to not meet Barcelona in the Quarter-Finals again, and I feel that was the reason we lost at that stage to Marseille. On the plus side, our U19s are now back-to-back European champions, so that's a big positive. Our stadium moved was pushed back by 4 months, so we'll now be moving into the new ground in October instead of over the Summer.

I bigged him up last season, and this year Telmo Silva duly delivered. 35 league goals in 33 starts is an obscene haul and earned him the European Golden Shoe. I'm now thinking that as long as it's not upsetting the whole team, I'm going to be rejecting any and all bids for at least the next 2 years - he has 4 left on his contract. This season saw Pavel Vulpe leave us as I needed to make one big sale to cover FFP rules, and Hernan Ortiz was the man who stepped up to lead the midfield. He's been here for years now and is very much integral to the stability in the middle of the park. Karlo Visic after I spent £8.5m on bringing him in from Inter, and he showed himself to be the king of assists. I don't think he's a world-class talent like Leite was before him, but I like what he brings to the team and look forward to seeing him grow further.

@rlipscombe I’m pretty sure it’ll be a one time visit in the Champions League this time... But hopefully the trip will be the economic foundation to become a regular contender in Europe.

The last time we went to Europe we reached the final of EC2 only to loose that and Europe all together on the final day in the league.

We don’t have the squad depth(or the top end players offensively) but hopefully we’ll get there eventually.

Putnok FC

Eger 2026/27

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season quite poorly but was able to get into a decent run after xmas with just 2 losses in 17 games to squeeze into Europe.  Ferencvaros had won the title the last 2 years  and reached the Euro cup 2nd  KO rd but this clearly took its toll on the team.

The team reached the hungarian cup 4th rd but were well beaten in both legs by Diosgyor.

I sold Vilkovs who wanted to leave, Several top clubs had shown an interest in Lursmanashvili and in jan Porto bid his release fee, Man city bid and i negotiated a fee just below the min fee with 50% sell on. At the end of the season i was able to cash in this clause for £7.5 million! This meant that finances were very good, the club had improved all facilities in the course of the season. The board also announced a new stadium which was a disappointment as the capacity is only just above my highest attendance this season. 

Licuriceanu was the top scorer but is due to transfer out, hopefully Nazorovs can fill the gap. Benjamin was bought as my record signing but was a bit disappointing, i was hoping his positive personality would have an effect on the squad.

Rose is actually another geogian who had been on my rader and unattached for a while but had wanted too much in wages. He played well but a few more assists would be good given he takes set pieces.

Season

League

Position

Hungarian Cup

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2020/21

Division II

15th

3rd Rd

Korbely (11)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2021/22

Division II

8th

2nd rd

Baros (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/23

Division II

9th

4th Rd

Kasza (15)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2023/24

Division II

12th

2nd rd

Licuriceanu (19)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2024/25

Division II

1st

4th Rd

Baros (23)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2025/26

Division I

5th

Quarter Final

Mencezeles(9)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2026/27

Division I

3rd

4th Rd

Licuriceanu (15)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

Qualified for Europe

52 minutes ago, Muggert said:

@Thebaker Congrats I’m reaching continental level. Let’s hope your squad depth can handle both competitions.

Benjamin looks good. Have you considered switching him to the left flank?

didn't have to consider squad depth as the team lost out in their first matches in europe (2nd rd). Benjamin has no familiarity with the left midfield and i have a very good left winger already so its not really an option.

2029/2030 - CD El Ejido

Preparing for the season we sold AML Sotona for 20 million and replaced him with romanian Farcas. Wise move.

A great season allround. We beat Atletico Madrid, Levante, Getafe and Celta Vigo on our way to the Copa del rey final.

We beat Real Madrid 3-1 in an even game. Real Madrid had a horrible season. ChL 1st rnd knockout loss and a 7th place in the league. Hello EC2!

In the league we started decent and found our form around midway through the campaign and rose to 4th. With 7 points to spare.

14 wins in 19 home games were a big reason why.

After reaching a A+ club confidence I got them to upgrade the training facilities.

League: 4th(ChL qualification) - Cup: WIN!

Players of the season:

DC Ciotti - DMC Moreira - AML Farcas

Youngster of the season:

ST Svoboda

I vacationed in Belarus for a year and all I got was frostbite and a job with Arsenal (Dzerzhinsk)

No league history or any history really, we were founded in 2019 but we'll still end up with more silverware than the real Gunners

arsenal.png

manager.png

Thought I would give this a little go, I am in Ukraine with Krystal Kherson a team with absoluley no history but with a cool name

FC Krystal Kherson - Wikipedia   

League - Decent enough for us this year. Just after the restart we had a chance of going up or at least challenging for promotion but in the end we did not have enough. I think our finishing spot was still really good though as we should have really just been trying to stay up and we were never in any danger of relegation. 

Cups- We got through the first couple of round easily before one of the biggest teams in the Ukraine did us. 

Finances - Not ideal

Transfers - usual first season in these games where we bring in a lot of new faces to try and find a team out of all the names

Stars of Season

Stanislav - Nuri Malysh - played in a lot of positions for me this year and did them all very well.

Dymtro Yarchuk - one of our better players from the middle of the park 

Next Year - More of the same next year please, I think with an addition or two we could do very very well. I think we are a good side so I am hoping we will at least make mid table. 

Year       Division        Finish        Cup           Europe
-----------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   First League      6th          Rnd 2         N/A

League - Three horse race this year and we were the winner. We were excellent in the first part of the season but then after the restart we were unbelievable beating Lviv with two games to go put us the driving seat and we did not stop. We were superb, I cannot believe how good we were this year. 

Cups- out in the opening round in a poor game

Finances - Not good at all

Transfers - we managed to keep all of our players for the new season but we still had a small squad so it was off to the loan market 

Stars of Season

Dymtro Yarchuk - has played every spot in the middle of the park this year but when in front of the defence is a beast

Daniel Golokolosov - striker on loan from Kyiv did very well whilst here, I hope I can keep him next year

Next Year - Survival, I suspect we will have a busy summer, I am hoping I can keep some of the loan players but I am also hoping we may get some money from the Premier League

2021/22   First League      1st          Premlim       N/A

League - Not to bad at all really. We beat most of the teams below us and got the odd point off the teams above us. We are one of the worst teams in the league so to finish we did was good for us. Scoring is a big issue for us, but at the back we seem fairly solid so I pleased with that. 

Cups- we were fantastic this year. We beat a team from the league below in the first round. We followed this with three wins to put us in the final. We didnt have a enough to lift the trophy but all in all it was a very good performance. 

Finances - These are just getting worse and worse

Transfers - we brought in a few players who will help out the Under 21s, I also think they may get some game time next year. We managed to bring in a few of the loans we had last year to.

Stars of Season

Dymtro Yarchuk - another superb season from one of our better players, showed he could do it at this level.

Antonio Miguel - been on loan for a couple of years and has had one of his better years this time out. 

Next Year - I was really pleased I need to improve the squad in the summer to try and get some more points next year as I suspect it will take more to survive. 

2022/23   Premier           11th         Final         N/A

League - A truly awful year for us, we just did not string together any form at all. There was a close race at the bottom and a 3-0 defeat in the second to last game against Volyn was enough to seal our fate and we will be relegated. Gutted. 

Cups- another decent year, we beat one premier league team on the way to the semis until the kings of Ukraine knocked us out

Finances - This is becoming a huge problem I am not sure what to do with it

Transfers - players came in but just not of the quality that we needed

Stars of Season

Maxym Konovalenko - very good defender who has been with us on loan for a couple of years. He will join permanently in the summer

Antonio Miguel - another superb from the midfield maestro. He will be back next year

Next Year - I am gutted to have gone down. I think we will need to rebuild and then hopefully come back up

2023/24   Premier           15th         Semi          N/A

2030/2031 - CD El Ejido

We knew it would be a tough season competing on 3 fronts, and it was a really difficult season.

Our group stage adventure ended in 0-4-2 and a 3rd place and an extra adventure in the euro league. I had high hopes, but newly rich Hertha BSC Berlin knocked us out in the 2nd knockout round.

Meanwhile we struggled in the league. After 30 games we were positioned in 14th place. We won 7 of our last 8 games and ended up 1 point short of europe. D'oh!

Our main problem in all competitions was scoring goals. ST SVoboda and ST Jovanic scored a combined 10 goals in all competitions. We need to upgrade that position and our AMR in the next season.

AML Farcas kept improving and ended up as our star player.

We have a solid squad and with a less congested schedule I predict us fighting for a euro league spot once again.

League: 8th - Cup: SF - Super Cup: SF - Champions League: Group - Euro League: 2nd Knockout

Players of the season:

DC Podberezkin - DMC Moreira - AML Farcas

Youngster of the season:

DR Chirciu

He is ... But I haven't found a decent partner on the right side in two transfer windows now.... And I think our frontmen needs to change as well... None of them have lived up to expectations. I had a run of 1 goal in 7 games..

1 minute later he seems to leave for 40 million pounds... Well I signed him on a free 2 years ago... That's a pretty healthy profit...

Edited by Muggert

League - A very close year at the top of the table. I think we were a little inconsistent we went through a period where we looked amazing and then would lose a stupid game. If I am honest I think some of this was my fault as i chopped and changed tactics in attempt to be a little more attacking. I think I have landed on one now so we will have to see how that goes next year. 

Cups- very good year in the cup beating two Premier sides before loosing to a late pen to Dinamo. 

Finances - Despite being taken over and receiving a good transfer fee I am still in debt, loan repayments are killing me

Transfers - few new faces in but the out was amazing back up striker who was angry at playing time

Stars of Season

Daniel Golokosolov - star striker been here for years on loan, wont be back next year as he is leaving Dinamo on a free and wouldnt sign for me

Tanasiy Kosovan - came into his own this year with a really good year. 

Next Year - I think we have a better team than we ever did in the Premier League last time. I still expect a relegation battle, but I am hoping we will be able to stay up. 

2023/24   Premier           15th         Semi          N/A
2024/25   First League      2nd          Quarters      N/A

So after my first failure now it was time to restart and go to Wales

Monmouth Town F.C. - Wikipedia

League - Amazing we settled on a basic 442 early doors and seemed to just do amazing. We seemed to just win, nearly every week I am amazed at how well this went our team were unbelievable. We pushed right up to the top of the league early on and stayed up there for a very long time.  

Cups- Errr what, we again were unbelievable. We seemed to do really well against the top division teams. It was amazing to be a cup winner in year one

Finances - Looking decent enough loads of cash in from the cup

Transfers - we brought in a load of players on free joys of non contract means they come in whenever

Stars of Season

Kieran Allen - a great little striker who produced all year long for us

Mark Jones - brought in at start of year was excellent bit old but brilliant 

Next Year - I think we will stay up next year we can compete I dont think we will beat the bigger teams but mid table maybe. I am not over this year yet. 

2020/21   Cymru South       1st         Winners         N/A

Monmouth Town F.C. - Wikipedia

League - We began a little slower and I think this was because of the huge amount of players we have brought into the squad. We soon turned it round and began to make it to the top of the league. We never challenged for the title. We did get into the Euro playoffs where we got to the final and we got beat by Barry but due to cup winners we still go into Europe

Cups- got to the semis of the MG Cup, before loosing to a very good side, lost in the cup to a team in the league below

Europe- lost in the first round to an Icelandic side

Finances - Looking pretty good, I think more European money will help

Transfers - we went a bit mental bringing in too many faces, I had to let a few go

Stars of Season

Kieran Allen - didnt play as much but was excellent again

Osian Holmes - fantastic striker who came in this year looks very good

Next Year - I would like another similar year really and if I could get a win in Europe even better

2020/21   Cymru South       1st         Winners         N/A
2021/22   Cymru Premier     4th         Rnd 4           Euro Cup 2 1st Qual Rnd

SC Fortuna Koeln Logo since 2019.svg

Fortuna Koln - Preview

Intro

Hello, this will be my attempt at this challenge. I haven't played 2019 and 2020 much due to personal reasons, hopefully i can commit to this. I decided to go back to Germany, where i had my first and only challenge completion with Holstein Kiel. This time i am going from blue to red with Fortuna Koln. The club was founded on 21st of february 1948 as a merger of three local teams: Victoria Koln 1911, Bayenthaler SV 1920 and Sparkassen-Verein Koln 1927. The team was promoted to Bundesliga in 1974, the only time they got promoted having spent most of their seasons in the lower divisions. They had a great DFB-Pokal run in 1983 when they got to the final and lost against hometown rivals FC Koln. It's a team with no important trophies and very little time spent in the Bundesliga.

PS: I tried to get Lokomotive Leipzig but it didn't come up in about 50 reloads.

Domestic League History | Andy Sava Profile | Club Profile | Squad

Edited by Andy Sava

0d2b122d389d2456e5cf18b93e0225474ffd9bd575abfd9d7be669f69a215f05.png

Starting post

BK Marienlyst

League History - Profile - Overview - Squad

Chosen over the rest because of their nice Ajax style kit, I'll be managing in Denmark in the city of Odense. Stadium is gonna be a financial drain as we move up the leagues, but I'll take their relatively high reputation over a tinpot stadium. I've got a senior affiliate already set up with OB which I intend to make the most out of. Now to get on with the transfer busywork.

Oh and full disclosure - I've added in an assortment of extra leagues when creating the database. Just something I like for added depth.

Edited by Balahara

Just before the first match day this is my club vision. Played 2 friendlies, wond them both. We'll see how the season starts as we play against Heidenheim who are predicted to finish 3rd.  Signed two midfielders for free and i have a fullback incoming who is going to take alot of our payroll so it will probably be my last signing for now. The squad is pretty balanced and i already signed some staff members to complete my team.