• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SC Fortuna Koeln Logo since 2019.svg

Season 14 - 2033/2034 - End of season report

Club Profile | Club Info | Finances | Andy Sava

Bundesliga

Overview | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 - 2

I didn't expect a repeat of last season but i still hoped for a top 4 finish. Unfortunately that did not happen, we had a decent season but not good enough. 

Bayern was a beast this season and won the league with 4 games left.

DFB-Pokal

Overview | Fixtures

We got to the semi-finals and we were stopped by Borussia Dortmund. They went on to win the final against Bayern

Champions League

Group | Fixtures

I expected to finish 2nd in the group but Ajax was stronger then i thought. Hopefully in the future we will do better

Europa League

Fixtures

I didn't know what to expect from the Europa League. We were finalsts last year and wanted to try and win it. We destroyed the cometitions, the only match we lost was away to Sevilla. Other than that we had great wins and we reached the final. I was surprised to see local rivals FC Koln in the final. They finished 4th in the league and they didn't cause too much trouble for us, we won the final 3-1. Our first European trophy and we get Champions League next season!

The Squad

Squad | Transfers | Best Eleven

I waited too long to start the report and i don't have the stats for CL and EL anymore.

Transfers In

Didn't spend much, we brought in some more promising young players.

Agon Mani - Free transfer, former Tottenham player. He played a few games but didn't do much.

Tshepo Kunene - 500K Euros from Sundowns. 

Karl-Heinz Meggle - 575K Euros from Nurnberg. My scouts tricket me, they should him as a 4 stars potential ability but now he is just 2 stars.

Michael Luna - 3.6M Euros from Santa Fe. This is my most expensive transfer this season. He got to play alot of games because either Hugo or Lucas were injured.

Zied Yeken - 650K Euros from Club African. He was on loan to Arminia Bielefeld for the second half of the season, for the first half he played for the second team.

Top 3 Players of the Season

Since CL and EL stats don't show anymore, i will take the stats from the players history.

Marcos Panzardo<51(2) Apps, 32 Goals, 3 Assists, 9 PoM, 7.24 Avg Rat> - He had some weak games but he still scored 30+ goals. Real Madrin came sniffing at the start of the season but they didn't make an offer. I am expecting someone to mach his 103M Euros release clause. Maybe it's time for a new contract.

Umberto Guerra<48(3) Apps, 17 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.05 Avg Rat> - Guerra was my safety net when Panzardo had a bad game. His 17 goals and 8 assists kept us going this season.

Hugo Morgadon - <46(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.15 Avg Rat> -  Not an amazing season but still a good one. A chinese team is trying to get him for the last 2 seasons.

The History

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League    |     Europe Conference League
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  27/28         Bundesliga        16th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  28/29         Bundesliga        7th               QF                    N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  29/30         Bundesliga        5th               QF                    N/A                 1st KO Round                    N/A
  30/31         Bundesliga        7th           2nd Round                 N/A                Quarter Finals                   N/A  
  31/32         Bundesliga        5th              Final                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  32/33         Bundesliga        1st               SF                    N/A                    Final                        N/A
  33/34         Bundesliga        5th               SF                Groups (3rd)               Winner                       N/A

lEOcMPs.jpg

Two games to go... Only three teams left in the race...

Real Madrid beat Barcelona, but we slipped up and drew away to Espanyol.

Schedules:

Barcelona: Sevilla(6th), Ejido(3rd)

Ejido: at Valencia(5th), at Barcelona(1st)

Real Madrid: Athletic Bilbao(10th), Sporting Gijon(12th)

Tiebreaker:

Barcelona - Ejido (Dependant on final game. First game ended 0-0

Barcelona - Real Madrid: REAL

Ejido - Real Madrid: EJIDO (Unless Real fetches a 10 goal goal difference)

Honestly this season has been special....

Manager of the year: Me

PLayer of the year: DL Stevanovic

Young player of the year: MC Fittaioli

Team of the season: DL Stevanovic, DC Capcha, DC Silva, DR Chirciu, MC Toindouba, MC Fittaioli, ST Marcelo Jose ... Subs: ST Salas, AMC Diego

9 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

I just made a big big big mistake. There is a goalkeeper, Mario Rosner, 19 years old playing for Schalke and he is already playing for Germany. Tried to unsettle him, made a few offers for him and he wants to join but schalke will not let him. I thought, hey lets ask the board to negociate and the board were happy to do it. A few days later an e-mail came, Schalke accepted the offer. And then i see the offerRIP my finances, i am such and idiot. He will probably be a great goalkeeper, but 97M for a 19 years old?

Ouch!!!

2036/2037 - CD El Ejido

A fabolous season from the guys. 4 losses all season long. Unfortunately one of them was to Celta Vigo in the 3rd round of the Copa del rey.

We splashed the cash on Diego a AMC from Zaragoza valued at 525K. We spend 41 million pounds on him and he was a big differencemaker.

We finished with 23 games undefeated and lifted both the La Liga and the Europa League.

We won the league by beating Barcelona 1-0 away in the final game and 4 days later we beat Lazio 1-0 in the Europa League final.

We are now a household name in all of europe.

League: 1st - Cup: 3rd Rnd - EL: Win!

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DL Stevanovic -  DC Silva -  MC Fittaioli - AMR Izo

Youngster of the season:

AMC Diego

Next season:

Our squad is very strong and we have a bunch of youngsters coming through.

We need the Champions League. That's our highest priority.

If we can get a strong GK, RB or ST we'd be happy.

Great works guys, next season is the one.

Binned my save and that's probably me done for FM20. Could take it when random newgens are fluffing the simplest of chances all the time, but when Thomas Müller is doing it, the rage uninstall is imminent:D.

Can we see the stats of the 100m keeper? @Andy Sava Link doesn't seem to be working.

@Muggert Congrats on the title & EL win! 

@Balahara & @karanhsingh Sure, here he is now, Mario Rosner. Not even worth that much anymore, not even close.

Edit: I sold one of my centrel defenders to Barcelona. They came with a 49M Euros offer and i didn't say no, needed the money after this 97M transfer.

Edited by Andy Sava

4 hours ago, Muggert said:

4-2-3-1 with to central midfielders 😊

And what role do you play the AM? It's usually an under-performing position for me.

4 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

@Muggert Congrats on the title & EL win! 

@Balahara & @karanhsingh Sure, here he is now, Mario Rosner. Not even worth that much anymore, not even close.

Edit: I sold one of my centrel defenders to Barcelona. They came with a 49M Euros offer and i didn't say no, needed the money after this 97M transfer.

He looks good but yes agreed not worth so much. However you get to a point in the game where you just want to improve your team even at a huge cost so fair enough.

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

He looks good but yes agreed not worth so much. However you get to a point in the game where you just want to improve your team even at a huge cost so fair enough.

I would'nt even spend that much for an attacking player. I managed to stabilize the finances though, Champions League money helped.

1 hour ago, Andy Sava said:

I would'nt even spend that much for an attacking player. I managed to stabilize the finances though, Champions League money helped.

Yes and the prize money in Germany is insane as well

48 minutes ago, Muggert said:

I’m playing with the following offensively:

DLF(S)
IF(S) - AM(A) - IF(A)

CM(D) - DLP(S)

Nice, interesting setup :thup:

image.png.b192f374ad9a582f8b76d579c317cd2c.png

2031/32

Squad | Transfers  | Table

This ended up being an annoying season of what should have been. The team started slowly with European games  and the need for rotation. Due to no other club really doing well, Eger picked up and were 4 points ahead with 8 games to go, 3 draws and a loss dropped them to 3rd before going back top with 2 games to go. A 2-2 draw against the bottom team after conceding a 91 minute equalizer meant winning 6-2 on the last day counted for nothing.

In the Hungarian cup the team reached the semi-final again, drawing the 1st leg at home 0-0 before losing away 1-2 to struggling MTK.

In Europe the team had a hard qualification path in the Euro cup II facing Portuguese, Swedish and Dutch teams.  The team dominated in all the matches in the group but inexplicably lost twice to Braga and only just qualified from the group in 2nd. They were completely outclassed by Athletic Bilbao. Fixtures.

Finances went up slightly due to money gained through the euro games and player sales, balanced by £5.5 million being spent on training and youth facilities at the end of the season .

Kameni again kicked off about leaving, but the squad wanted him to leave so i sold him for less than i really wanted.  Gligoric was brought in to replace him.  Bolcina was my 1st choice LB was his min fee clause was activated and he left. Novak was out of contact and surplus so i was pleased to get money for him and Man Utd bought this player who wasn't highly rated

I bought Juninho as my record purchase after being on loan last season and he improved on that a lot.

Ilyuschenkov was the top league scorer again but didn't really play as well this season, the back strikers don't seem to play well at all so there is a lack of competition. Rose was the stand out player possibly as he took the set pieces in Kameni's absence.

2 young players in Broadfoot and Silva came through to push into the squad. Silva had a huge increase in professionalism halfway through the season to become a model citizen.

Season

League

Position

Hungarian Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2020/21

Division II

15th

3rd Rd

Korbely (11)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2021/22

Division II

8th

2nd rd

Baros (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/23

Division II

9th

4th Rd

Kasza (15)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2023/24

Division II

12th

2nd rd

Licuriceanu (19)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2024/25

Division II

1st

4th Rd

Baros (23)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2025/26

Division I

5th

Quarter Final

Mencezeles(9)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2026/27

Division I

3rd

4th Rd

Licuriceanu (15)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

Qualified for Europe

2027/28

Division I

5th

2nd Rd

2nd Q Rd Euro cup II

Bracun (11)

Average

Adequate

Adequate

Adequate

2028/29

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (22)

Good

Adequate

Good

Good

2029/30

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (21)

Great

Adequate

Excellent

Exceptional

2030/31

Division I

2nd

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov  (35)

Great

Adequate

Excellent

Exceptional

Qualified for Europe

2031/32

Division I

2nd

Semi-final

1st KO Rd Euro cup II

Illyuschenkov  (35)

Excellent

Average

Exceptional

Exceptional

Qualified for Europe

Edited by Thebaker

@Thebaker - unlucky in the league, but well done in making the knockout rounds of the Europa League.  Illyuschenkov is a goal scoring machine for you, even if he tailed off a little this season.  Has there been any interest in him?  Good luck in the chase for the elusive title next season.

@Muggert - Fantastic season - congrats on the La Liga title - a tough achievement to achieve.  Good luck in the CL next season following another Europa League title in the thread.  Love Izo as an attacking midfielder.

SC Fortuna Koeln Logo since 2019.svg

Season 15 - 2034/2035 - End of season report

Club Profile | Club Info | FacilitiesFinances | CompetitionsAndy Sava

Bundesliga

Overview | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 - 2

What a great season for us. A season with only 3 losses in the league, 22 wins and 9 draws. We beat Bayern in both games, we even managed a 3-0 at home. Between the end of september and the end of the season we only lost 1 game against RB Leipzig. And still, even with this form, the title fight went to the last game. Bayern were playing away against last place Heidenheim so they almost guaranteed to win. We had to win our last game, at home, against 15th place Hertha. And then this game happened. In classic FM style we draw 2-2 against Hertha and lose the title in the final day of the season. The team of the season was funny, just us and Bayern.

DFB-Pokal

Overview | Fixtures

We went out in the quarter finals, against RB Leipzig. This was only our 4th loss this season.

Champions League

OverviewGroup | Fixtures

A much much better showing than last season. We finished the group undefeated, with 5 wins and a draw. The 1st KO Round draw gave us Arsenal, a team which seems to be our nemesis. We lost 3-0 at Emirates but won 1-0 at home. Still, it wasn't enought but we played well in the 2nd leg.

The Squad

Squad | Transfers | Best Eleven

Transfers In

Humberto Aguilar - Free from Arsenal.

Kai Best - 10.75M Euros from Borussia Dortmund. How can i not sign a player called Kai Best? He is pretty good too.

Marco Obradovic - 2.5M Euros from Crvena Zvezda. A really really great price for him.

Mario Rosner - 97M Euros from Schalke 04. I already talked about how i made a stupid mistake with him and payed 97M Euros for a 19 years old (at the time) goalkeeper. He did have a good first season and already has 21 caps for Germany, but still too much money.

We sold a few players to get some money back after the Rosner transfer.

Top 3 Players of the Season

Umberto Guerra<38(3) Apps, 17 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.10 Avg Rat>

Marco Obradovic - <23(5) Apps, 13 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.14 Avg Rat>

Kai Best - <33(3) Apps, 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.26 Avg Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League    |     Europe Conference League
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  27/28         Bundesliga        16th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  28/29         Bundesliga        7th               QF                    N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  29/30         Bundesliga        5th               QF                    N/A                 1st KO Round                    N/A
  30/31         Bundesliga        7th           2nd Round                 N/A                Quarter Finals                   N/A  
  31/32         Bundesliga        5th              Final                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  32/33         Bundesliga        1st               SF                    N/A                    Final                        N/A
  33/34         Bundesliga        5th               SF                Groups (3rd)               Winner                       N/A
  34/35         Bundesliga        2nd               QF                1st KO Round                N/A                         N/A

Tough luck @Andy Sava ... Obradovic looks like a steal... Always nice to find cheap players in Eastern Europe!

One of my key players was bought from Serbia a couple of years ago for 9,5 million pound I think. Last year he was player of the year in La Liga. Aged 21!

On 25/08/2020 at 21:06, rlipscombe said:

@Thebaker - unlucky in the league, but well done in making the knockout rounds of the Europa League.  Illyuschenkov is a goal scoring machine for you, even if he tailed off a little this season.  Has there been any interest in him?  Good luck in the chase for the elusive title next season.

@Muggert - Fantastic season - congrats on the La Liga title - a tough achievement to achieve.  Good luck in the CL next season following another Europa League title in the thread.  Love Izo as an attacking midfielder.

it was the euro cup II which is below the europa league, i'm still not sure on the difference.     Illyuschenkov has attracted only a few bids from china but none from other Hungarian clubs unlike most of my other players.

I found a Ghanian striker who was attracting interest from a lot of top clubs and put in a bid of 300K, it was accepted, no other club put a bid in. Had to make him my top earner but not too much more  but with a low min clause. He is already rated my best player at 4.5 stars and 5 star potential.

18 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

it was the euro cup II which is below the europa league, i'm still not sure on the difference.     Illyuschenkov has attracted only a few bids from china but none from other Hungarian clubs unlike most of my other players.

I found a Ghanian striker who was attracting interest from a lot of top clubs and put in a bid of 300K, it was accepted, no other club put a bid in. Had to make him my top earner but not too much more  but with a low min clause. He is already rated my best player at 4.5 stars and 5 star potential.

The Ghanaian sounds promising, even if only for a few seasons...

3 minutes ago, rlipscombe said:

The Ghanaian sounds promising, even if only for a few seasons...

its strange since he is only better than Illyuschenkov in passing and dribbling but rated higher, slightly more 2 footed,

Back after holidays with my family, and I think I'll be restarting the challenge - I didn't really do very well with finances and that has led to an untenable situation this season. Probably be looking for a nation with three tiers so that I can ease into things a bit nicer. I'll return to Austria sometime...

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2048/49 (Season 29)

Season Summary | League

It may not look it, but this was a shockingly bad season. By early November we were 3rd in the league - about 5 points away from the newly promoted Dinamo, who were flying - and from 4 Champions League games we only had 1 point and sat bottom of our group. Something started working at that point though and we recovered to miraculously still go through second in our group and won the league with a comfortable looking 9 point margin. Unfortunately, we were once again undone in the Semi Finals of the Champions League to Real, after successfully dumping out both Lyon and PSG. As bad as this season was, I feel more optimistic than I did the last couple of seasons.

While he wasn't the most expensive signing I made this season, Paulo was by far the most important. I identified a lack of a truly dominant-in-the-air defender last season, and 6'6" Paulo was the man who appeared to best fit that requirement without breaking the bank. It was justified, as he finished the season with 12 goals (from set pieces) and was named fans' player of the season. Lucas Zalazar was the man tasked with stepping in Telmo Silva's role (who didn't look any more likely to sign a new deal, therefore I decided to cash in), and while I don't think he started the season quite on that level, I've seen plenty in the back half of the season to think he will be up there soon. The other man to highlight this season is once again home-grown hero Francisco, who this season broke both the club and league assists record. I am going to be so proud when he earns his first Spain cap, which I don't think it's too far away, but if he keeps getting overlooked then maybe he'll take up his option for Croatian citizenship instead.

10 hours ago, Geminilightning said:

There are a few nations like France (National 2) and Romania (Liga III) where the lowest division is viewable but you can't take over a team from them. How do we handle those? I'll stay away from them but just curious.

Can't speak for Romania but assuming the same as France - You take over the promoted team (or one of promoted teams if more than one promoted) from those divisions into the lowest playable league and go from there, if that makes sense??

1 hour ago, Biscotti said:

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2048/49 (Season 29)

Season Summary | League

It may not look it, but this was a shockingly bad season. By early November we were 3rd in the league - about 5 points away from the newly promoted Dinamo, who were flying - and from 4 Champions League games we only had 1 point and sat bottom of our group. Something started working at that point though and we recovered to miraculously still go through second in our group and won the league with a comfortable looking 9 point margin. Unfortunately, we were once again undone in the Semi Finals of the Champions League to Real, after successfully dumping out both Lyon and PSG. As bad as this season was, I feel more optimistic than I did the last couple of seasons.

While he wasn't the most expensive signing I made this season, Paulo was by far the most important. I identified a lack of a truly dominant-in-the-air defender last season, and 6'6" Paulo was the man who appeared to best fit that requirement without breaking the bank. It was justified, as he finished the season with 12 goals (from set pieces) and was named fans' player of the season. Lucas Zalazar was the man tasked with stepping in Telmo Silva's role (who didn't look any more likely to sign a new deal, therefore I decided to cash in), and while I don't think he started the season quite on that level, I've seen plenty in the back half of the season to think he will be up there soon. The other man to highlight this season is once again home-grown hero Francisco, who this season broke both the club and league assists record. I am going to be so proud when he earns his first Spain cap, which I don't think it's too far away, but if he keeps getting overlooked then maybe he'll take up his option for Croatian citizenship instead.

A sign of the times that this was a 'shockingly bad' season, with another title and a semi-final appearance in the Champions League....  Hopefully Lucas Zalazar can develop further and be the replacement for Telmo Silva you are hoping for.

The "shockingly bad" comes from the fact that the latter half of the season showed that we were so much better than our early season suggested. If we'd kept it together the whole season, who knows how it might have gone?

I spent a good 3 weeks in desperation trying to work out what to tweak i the tactics and training to fix it, because we seemed in danger of crashing out of Europe and lagging behind in the league.

Edited by Biscotti

Another title lost in the last game after we were in 1st place for most of the season. I'm tired of how this version plays, 100000000000000000000000000000000 of 1v1s not converted into goals by my star strikers, it seems like every GK is a god at saving them. I'm done, not playing anymore.

e2de2e12bc5ae0adc079dfc6ff6a6e93.png

90CD63F27CF72EB702E22B05AF7F5E24C77FD78C

I need a small break from the Youth Academy Challenge, so I will be joining this exciting challenge as well, as Brora Rangers manager.

Mainly because I am very fond of Clynelish whisky! :)

20200829144519_1befbec0fec822ba8.jpg

I have only selected the scottish leagues and the board is expecting a play-off place which means I must end in Top-4. That could be a challenge!

5 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

Another title lost in the last game after we were in 1st place for most of the season. I'm tired of how this version plays, 100000000000000000000000000000000 of 1v1s not converted into goals by my star strikers, it seems like every GK is a god at saving them. I'm done, not playing anymore.

gutted for you mate...

6 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

You gave it a better go than I did. Hopefully the next version is less stale.

20 hours ago, Geminilightning said:

There are a few nations like France (National 2) and Romania (Liga III) where the lowest division is viewable but you can't take over a team from them. How do we handle those? I'll stay away from them but just curious.

Yeah I had a save holidayed and ready to go in Romania, wasn't until I went to add manager when I realised you couldn't do third tier. Staeua Bucherest would have been a fun save to do.

2037/2038 - CD El Ejido

A  solid season saw us get 6 points more than last year. But this time the big boys didn't slip up and we ended as 4th.

But it was still a memorable season. We won the European super cup and Copa del rey.

We finished as runner-up in the Suppercoppa Espana and reached the semifinal in the Champions League. We fell to a strong Manchester City team.

Our key addition was ST Camara and he chipped in with 24 goals in all competitions

League: 4th - Cup: Win! - ChL: SF - SCE: RunnerUp - ESC: Win!

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DC Silva -  DL StevanovicAMR Izo - ST Camara

Youngster of the season:

DC Capcha

Next season:

I'd like an upgrade on DR and GK. Besides that we should have a team capable of winning all tournaments.

oQgm6zY.png

Alta de Lisboa - 2020/2021 Season

Overview | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2Table | Playoffs QFs | Playoffs Semis | Playoffs Final | Squad | Team of the Season | 

Transfers Finances | Profile

U19 Table | U19 Squad

Alta de Lisboa
Having tried the challenge once before, I tried to select a squad that was coming in with a story, so that I can play along with the team's history. Alta de Lisboa is a team founded in 2005, representing a community on the northern edge of Lisbon. I will be trying to lift them up as the Capital's premier club.

The Season

The logo and color scheme were what drew me to the club, and then I realized while scouting that the Group that I was placed in - Portugal Championship D - didn't have any of the major big names like FCP B and the like. Also, I came to realize that this team likes to play fast and score lots. I led most of the way through the season while contending with the likes of Louletano, Oriental, and Praiense - I had to win the last match against Amora to get one of the berths to the Playoffs. Portugal's Third Tier makes the top two from each Group play in a Playoff - Double legged in the Quarterfinals and Semifinals - with the two finalists being promoted. Alta de Lisboa was drawn first with Professional side Real, and I admit I used extremely conservative tactics to get the away goal victory after Real somehow tied me in the first game even while playing a man down. Then, in the Semifinals against Arouca, I was nervous after the first game at home that ended in a draw, but then this gem happened in the return leg, sending us to the Second League and the title game against FC Porto B:

RStF3Dp.png

Yeah. We somehow won the entire thing. Scored the most goals in the Group while we were at it, too.

In the Portuguese Cup, made it to the Third Round by defeating Pedras Rubras and Baragança before losing to Premier side Vit. Guimarães. At least I got one past them.

Transfers/Key Players
Didn't spend a single cent on anyone, just signed people on frees. Finances will show that I ran a little in the red, but that was to hire staff and acquire new contracts for a squad that was mostly not signed in the beginning. 

Having to sell Carlos Alberto Nogueira midway through the season was rough, but I did get Vit. Setúbal on a 30% sell on clause for his future.

Ricky led the scoring with sixteen goals, and actually had a goal of the month, too. Not bad for a player who's only projected at two stars. I hope to get the most out of him in the next season before upgrading, hopefully.

Didi was the second highest scorer with eleven, and shows a bit more upside - that Determination 17 and potential ability is nice. He's only 22, too.

Gonçalves Scarpa scored ten goals, too. Such a wonderkid... And already signed to go to Farense. I don't look forward to facing him twice a year for the next few years... I tried to get him to stick around but failed.

Léo Teixeira had ten goals and four assists, and has some room to grow still. I love that high Determination stat.

Gui Ferreira was a Free Transfer signing who had the most assists with eleven. The veteran voice, too.

A Note on Youth
I am very happy with the U-19 club that Alta de Lisboa has. They went 29-1-0 and scored 105 goals! It was nice that a lot of my starters were young so I could keep their match fitness high, too. 

Really hope I'll be able to keep them around and start building from Cristiano Pereira, Bruno Rodrigues, and the like.

Next Season
The Board added three Club Culture expectations: Play defensively solid football, Make the most of set pieces, and Play high-tempo pressing soccer. As I like the 4-2-3-1 Wide Geigenpress, the tempo shouldn't be a problem; how I'll maintain defensively solid football while staving off relegation will be the challenge. The club is also becoming professional, and there is $821,291 in total budget. It'll be a challenge to see how much I can do without going in the red, but my personal goal is to be above fourteenth (out of eighteen) next season and be financially sound.

The second season seems to be the trickiest, but I'm excited to see what'll happen.

Season
2020/2021 Portugal Championship - Champions Portugal Cup - Second Round

Edited by Geminilightning