FM20 All-European (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Muggert said:

2034/2035 - CD El Ejido

That's a good season, unfortunate that your big signing didn't deliver yet. Always hard to compete on multiple fronts. Like the look of both the AMRs. Good luck for the following season!

What are your average attendances now?

6 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

Season 10 - 2029/2030 - End of season report

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League    |     Europe Conference League
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  27/28         Bundesliga        16th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  28/29         Bundesliga        7th               QF                    N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  29/30         Bundesliga        5th               QF                    N/A                 1st KO Round                    N/A

Great season, as has been said already Panzardo looks fantastic!

Regarding the new stadium, sometimes even if the capacity is similar it helps to have a more modern stadium, you'll probably see higher pricing and revenues and regular sell-outs. For example IRL Juventus actually built a smaller stadium than they already had.

Citta di Palermo - 2020/21 Season Report

And so my first season at the club has come to an end.

Here is the final league table. It was a long & hard slog but we finally did it! Crotone absolutely pushed us all the way till the end, including remaining undefeated all season, and doing the double over us. Ultimately, they had a few too many draws towards the end of the season which allowed us to overtake them. This has to be one of my hardest fought title wins on FM. In fact we finally only reached first place in GW33 and then managed to stay there till the end.

After the regular season, there is apparently something called the Serie C Super Cup which is contested between the 3 league winners. It would have been nice to win another piece of silverware. However, we drew against Juve U23 and we somehow lost to Triestina at home surrendering a 2 goal lead. Both games we completely dominated but got "FM'd". The Triestina game in particular, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A bit of an annoying end to the season, truth be told.

Anyhow, we achieved our primary objective this season - to gain promotion to Serie B.

Here are the transfers. A bunch of them were random youth players brought in by the DOF, I need to put a stop to that. We had a number of important loan deals, most of which we have managed to renew for next season. In the winter window we got an affiliation with Sporting CP which helped to strengthen the squad, especially as we were also being hit by injuries around that time.

Here are the squad statsLooks a rather large squad but we had a pretty settled first team for most of the season, and I'll be profiling the important players as well. For me the best players of the season were -

Lorenzo Luccathe young targetman on loan from Torino has been fantastic, finishing as our top scorer and second in the league. He ended the season in scintillating form. I am trying very hard to get him back next season but so far no luck.

Alessandro Martinelli is our first choice DM and was already at the club. 10 goals and 20 assists from a DM is just unheard of. He's been super consistent and just all-round amazing. Managed to ward off interest from Serie B & A clubs in Jan, and fortunately he just signed a new contract increasing his release clause to 1.8 million.

Tommasso Arigoni was a free transfer and our first choice B2B. Even after being injured for 2 months he managed 11 goals and 8 assists, and I think every single one of those was struck from outside the box. Gotta love the "shoots with power" trait.

Raimondo Lucera is our best youth product from the club right now, and he had a real break-out season. He had already scored 10 goals from the right wing by January when he unfortunately got an injury that kept him out for 3 months and has halted his progress a bit. But hopefully he will pick up where he left off.

Elves Balde is the man that we got on loan from Sporting to take over the RW role from Lucera and he did not disappoint, contributing 6 vital goals and 5 assists during the end of season run that took us to the title. He has also signed a pre-contract with us and will be joining permanently over the summer.

And finally, the Finances are looking pretty solid, we managed to avoid making a loss this year through controlling wages and having the 2nd highest attendance in the league with 11k through the door each week. Hopefully this should further improve in Serie B. Have managed to get the club to improve both junior coaching & youth recruitment, but nothing yet on the main training or youth facilities.

Manisaspor.png

Manisaspor - Season 22/23

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

What a roller coaster of emotions the final day turned out to be. Bottlers no more! Went into the final day needing Rizespor and Adana Demirspor (CHECK out the difference in wage bill) to drop points along with me beating a tough Bursaspor side. Was uneventful and looking lost until

81st- Higuain scores the only goal he remembers how, a penalty. Still Rizespor stay top on games won. 

88th- Just as we score our second goal that would put us ahead on GD, Rizespor score again and the title looks to be theirs.

90th- Despair for Rizespor as Boluspor spoil the party and equalise at the same time Quiroz wraps up the win for Manisaspor. Scenes :lol: I didn't even see that Boluspor equalised so I was shocked to see the little title awarding ceremony. Thought I was getting a third consecutive 2nd place. 

Cup - Pretty great run in the cup, making it to the semi final including a giant killing of Fenerbahçe. Conceded a penalty early on in semi final and never looked like scoring afterwards. Would've been a great money maker but most of it seems to be gobbled up by 'other' expenses at end of month. Think I've got a dodgy chairman.

Notable players

Gonzalo Higuain - Six penalties and two tap ins. Wish I hadn't of bothered :D

Gonzalo Castiñeira - The one Higi replaced, but I much preferred this Gonzalo. Scored some nice goals befitting his pace and dribbling. Could do a job for me next year.

Samet Turhan - Coming along nicely. Bit annoyed the mentoring group I placed him in has taken away his fairly professional personality. Can hopefully still be moulded into something better. Is criminal he is only getting paid £100/week. What are you doing, agent?

Fabio Arcanjo - The deep lying playmaker was the foundation of my team. Unfortunately his new contract demands are far too high so he might have played his last game for the club. Can't be kept as he has a match highest earner clause.

Next season goals - Board given me £3m to spend along with £21k/week wage budget (+£6k/week over current spend). Seems very low to me. Foreigners allowed goes up from 5(+1 sub) to 12. Can just about spread the budget to get in those extra six. Just improved scouting range from South Europe to Europe, so I better get cracking. 

Year       Division        Finish        Cup           Europe
-----------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    TFF 2.Lig        2nd         5th Round      N/A
2021/22    TFF 2.Lig        2nd(p)      5th Round      N/A
2022/23    TFF 1.Lig        1st         Semi-Final     N/A

@karanhsingh Gongrats on the promotion.

@Balahara Wow, that was close. I'm surprised Higuain went for the 2nd level of Turkish football.

I was off work today and didn't have anything else to do so i played FM, currently we are in mid March and the season is going pretty well. Will probably finish it tonight and post the report. Decided to restructure my end of season reports, so they are shorter.

SC Fortuna Koeln Logo since 2019.svg

Season 11 - 2030/2031 - End of season report

Bundesliga

Overview | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 - 2

Such a frustrating finish, i was actually mad. We started well and even if we lost some games we managed to bounce back. In december we started a run of 11 games undefeated which ended with a loss to Bayern. We won the next game against Hertha Berlin but after that we didn't manage to get back to the form before the Bayern loss. In the final 8 games of the season we only won 1 and we finished 7th, missing on European spots. I was so tilted towards the end that i couldn't even watch the games. The last game against Werder Bremen, a team who was fighting to escape relegation, went horrible and ended with a 5-0 loss.

DFB-Pokal

Overview | Fixtures

The 1st round was a walk in the park as we recorded our biggest win ever, 11-0. The 2nd round brought us against 2.Bundesliga team Karslruhe. I decided to rest our first team players so i started the game with a second line-up, which managed to lose 1-0. I wasn't too bothered by this, i wanted to focus on the league and Europa League.

Europa League

Overview | Group | Fixtures

The group was the same as last season, we only lost to the 1st seed in the group. This time it was Arsenal. The draw for the 1st KO Round gave us Besiktas and it was a pretty easy tie, we won both games (3-1 away, 4-1 at home). In the 2nd KO Rount we got Roma and we managed to eliminate them after a 3-0 win at home and a 2-2 draw away. Sevilla was the next opponent in the Quarter Finals and after a pretty decent 1-1 draw away we got eliminate on away goals again with a 2-2 draw at home. Overall it was a very good campaign for us.

Arsenal won the final against Sevilla. In the end we only lost to the finalists.

The Squad

Squad | Transfers | Best Eleven

I think our squad was better this year, we just lost focus towards the end. Wim Holband left the club, he was never going to start for us so i took 5.5M Euros from Nantes.

Transfers In

Kim Alsaker - Joine for free from St. Pauli, brought for some depth he was a regular in the first half of the season.

Gonzalo Castro - One of my worst transfers ever. I don't know what i was thinking paying 2.5M Euros for him. He was benched almost all of the season and now i have to sell him.

Max Bende - 1.5M Euros from 1860 Munchen. He was 15 years old when we signed him, scored 26 goals this season for our U19's team. He has the potential to be a great player.

Velimir ArsenovicSerbian National Team centrel defender, we payed 5M Euros to Napoli for him. He was an important part of our squad this season.

Colin Mackie - 2.8M Euros full-back, brought from Manchester City. 

Andreas Björklund - We signed him in January for 7.5M Euros from Kaiserslautern. 

Key Players

Marcos Panzardo - STC - <46(1) Apps, 42 Goals, 5 Assists, 10 PoM, 7.52 Avg Rat> - Ok, let's talk about the elephant in the room. He was insane! 42 goals in 47 games in his 2nd season with us. He won the European Golden Boy award, Europa League Player of the Season award, was top goalscorer in Eurpa League (16 goals, the 2nd guy had 8 goals), he had the highest average rating in Europa League (8.06), tied for 1st for Player of the Match in Europa League (3), was 2nd goalscorer in Bundesliga (24 goals, Bayern's Nicolás Luciano Bacolla was first with 26) and 2nd in Bundesliga for Player of the Match (7) and was already inducted in our Overall Best Eleven. I am scared that we will not play in Europe next season and some top club will pay his 89M Euros release clause. I don't need this money, i need him! Tried to give him a new contract to atleast have a higher release clause, but he wanted a higher salary than i could give him now. He still has 3 years left in his contract so he is not leaving anywhere unless a club matches his release clause.

Thiago - AML - <39(1) Apps, 15 Goals, 15 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.25 Avg Rat> - Thiago was very very good this season. He was 2nd for number of assists in Europa League (7) and finished the season with a total of 15 goals and 15 assists in all the competitions. He got injured 2 months before the season's finish and he was out for the rest of it. That was the moment everything went south.

Dominik Kowalcsyk - AMC - <45 Apps, 8 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.24 Avg Rat> -  Domink did well behind Panzardo, he managed to create chances and helped us along the way.

Hugo Morgado - MC - <40(1) Apps, 2 Goals, 9 Assists, 7.23 Avg Rat> - My second highest valuable player behind Panzardo, he is valued at 26.5M Euros. He was solid in midfield this season.

Our defense was decent but nothing worth mentioning. Alfa Ricciulli only had 12 Shutouts this season, compared to 19 in the previous season. Our biggest problem this season was that in some games our players turned off and were invisible. Unfortunately this happened in alot of the games towards the end of the season.

The Club

Club Profile | Club Info | Finances | Andy Sava

Before the season started i convinced the board to upgrade our training facilities. The construction started in august 2030 and was supposed to finish in october 2031 but something wierd happened now, the board announced the upgrade again and they took money from our balance again. Maybe it wasn't payed when the construction started and i didn;t pay attention.

International management - England

Nations League A | European Champhionship Qualifiers

I started so bad in the England job. We got smashed by Spain and only managed to win the last two games in the group. Germany won the Nations League, defeating Spain in the final 5-1.

In the EC Qualifiers we won every games so far and honestly i will be very sad if we lose a game. We scored 13 against Andorra.

The History

Club Achievements

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    DFB-Pokal    |    Champions League    |    Europa League    |     Europe Conference League
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21          3.Liga           8th              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  21/22          3.Liga           1st              N/A	                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  22/23       2.Bundesliga        10th          1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  23/24       2.Bundesliga        3rd           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  24/25       2.Bundesliga        12th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  25/26       2.Bundesliga        8th           2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  26/27       2.Bundesliga     2nd (Promo)      1st Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  27/28         Bundesliga        16th          2nd Round                 N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  28/29         Bundesliga        7th               QF                    N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  29/30         Bundesliga        5th               QF                    N/A                 1st KO Round                    N/A
  30/31         Bundesliga        7th           2nd Round                 N/A                Quarter Finals                   N/A    

Edited by Andy Sava

Panzardo is the favorite to be top goalscorer in Bundesliga for this season, with odds of 1.40. He approached me already, saying that he wants to move to a club that plays in Champsions League. I tried to convince him to stay and assuring him we will try to qualify for next season but he was set to leave as he didn't believe we had a shot. I told him i will only let him leave if a club matched his release clause and he seemed to be ok with it. 

Edited by Andy Sava

Hello!

New around these parts, but this sounded fun. I am thinking of Austria to give RB Slazburg a run for their money and prove to the Germans who has the better Bundesliga. Also, the split league system for the final 10 Matches after cutting the first double round robin points in half is fun.

Running through that initial year now. Stay tuned for which team and whatnot.

Manisaspor.png

Manisaspor - Season 23/24

League - Squad - TransfersFinances

What is it with this save and final day drama? Fourth season in a row with something on the line, although this time at the bottom end of the table. THIS is how things looked at the final gameweek, with me needing to get something against Europe bound Alanyaspor. My Ukrainian striker was well up for the occasion and banged in a hat trick in the first 33 minutes to secure Manisaspors place in the Super Lig for another season. Probably would have binned the save if I went down so I'm relieved to get another shot. The team I have going into the summer transfer window is a lot better than a year before so I'll be looking at the top half of the table next season.

Was surprised at the general quality of sides in this league. The finances are a lot better than I thought too. £5m TV revenue and £360k per win (which I didn't do much of). £10m in the bank pending £1.4m being taken out for training and youth facility upgrades. Means I can loosen the purse strings for the first time.

Cup - Blew a two goal lead in 5th round. Disappointing but probably wouldn't have made it much further.

Notable players

Samet Turhan - Bloody agents. Demanded a minimum fee release clause in his new contract and not long after the vultures from top European clubs came sniffing about. Spurs were very close to matching the £7.75m needed to get his signature on January transfer deadline day. Doubt I'll be able to convince him to stay another season. Good luck to him, it's been three solid years at right back.

Ben Hur - What a name. What a player. Signed primarily because of his height as I'm sick of conceding free kicks, he has really proven to be more than just a big lump in the box. I'm still conceding from free kicks all the time anyway.

Mazinho - Top prospect signed in January for a paltry £110k. Scored some vital goals in the back end of the season as a lone pressing forward. Won't be long before interest comes from elsewhere.

Andriy Koval - Lone striker for much of the season and hero of the final day. Usually prefer a strong player like him up front but I can't not play Mazinho. Good conundrum to have I suppose.

Vagner - Top goalscorer and great personality in dressing room. 

Next season goals - Got a decent side now really in spite of needing a final day escape. Can be more laser focused with my transfer dealings now. Probably gonna need a new RB to make up for the impending sale of Turhan and I would like someone with more attacking threat as I'm using an inside forward at AMR position.

2023/24    Super Lig        14th        5th Round      N/A

On 15/08/2020 at 20:42, karanhsingh said:

That's a good season, unfortunate that your big signing didn't deliver yet. Always hard to compete on multiple fronts. Like the look of both the AMRs. Good luck for the following season!

What are your average attendances now?

27.000 in our 30.000 capacity stadium newly built 7 years ago..

The clubs infrastructure are otherwise following the place of the club besides the stadium and our recruitment. Our facilities at the moment:

Training; Superb, Youth: Great, Junior coaching: Exceptional, Youth Recruitment: Adequate

USK Anif - Austrian First Division

Table after Nine Matches Starting XI Tactic

All the board wants is to stay clear of relegation and maybe finish midtable. Given only the Champion of Austria's sixteen-club Second Tier promotes, seems like I'll be getting used to seeing these faces for a bit. Being in charge of a group of Semi-Pro ragtags as a Sunday League Footballer, this should be a journey.

Nine games in, sitting in third at 5-2-2. Actually managed to go five games without a loss in the middle there. Had to play second placed SV Reid - who's a Professional team by the way - twice in a row, once for the League and once for the Austrian FA Cup. Drew 0-0 in the league, lost 2-1 in extra time for the Cup. Given either SV Reid or WSG Tirol will probably promote, not bad. If only my defense had held for one more minute... (SV Reid scored the equalizer in the ninety-second minute. Truly.)

It's kind of a lightning-strike kind of offense with long passes either hitting Bann/Mehanovic for good tries at goal (Ozturk being the classic poacher) or Zia shooting from range. The biggest issue so far defensively has been on the counter, but I have high hopes given Zschock is a 21 year old with 4.5 star potential, Hausberger is a 22 year old with 4.5 star potential, and Florian Wiedl - at 20 - is a 4 star potential player, though he does have an 18 in aggression that's come into play a few times already, The defense should become better in time for this level of football.

Most annoying thing? My home pitch has a light fixture on the right side of the pitch that makes it so that I can't watch the game very well when the action is to the right side. Can't wait to remove that.

Onward!

Edited by Geminilightning

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2047/48 (Season 28)

Season Summary | League

Considering my angry rant earlier, it will come as no surprise that this season was a little bit of a disaster. We still comfortably won the league and made the cup final, but our performance in Europe was truly hampered by my insistence on keeping the squad small enough to minimise unhappiness. Consider this lesson learnt. I still prefer a lean squad, but I think now I finally understand why top clubs often have 2 or 3 older guys hanging around who you would never place as "good enough" for that team, but who can reliably do a job when required.

Telmo Silva was once again our top scorer with 33. Not as good as last season, which is perhaps indicative of the disappointing season we had. With only 2 years left on his contract, and no sign of him having interest in extending, this might be the season I bite the bullet and let him go. I have a couple of players who've shown good promise looking to take his place, so this may be a good opportunity for one of them to seize the chance. Tomislav Duka is a fixture in the Croatian national team and looks like £14m very well spent. Teams have been putting offers in for him all season and he's not shown any inclination that he's looking to leave us. Finally I want to draw attention to a great home-grown talent. Francisco came out of our academy a few years back and had a couple of loan spells away where he did very well. This season he stepped into the first team on a regular basis and as well as being generally really solid he's proven to be a set-piece king, helping him get the most assists for the season at 14. I think him and Duka could be our midfield duo for a fair few years at this rate.

I hate this game. He was our best player this season. Right as the season is ending and we are fighting for Champions League. My right full-back is also out for the rest of the season. I hate this game.

43F08C3C818C72702A7BCD92C9B460B094BD1C44

Edit: My second choice right-back and my goalkeeper got injured too, they will miss the rest of the season.

Edit 2: My 2nd GK got injured too, might miss the last game. My last choice that i could play in midfield got injured and will certainly miss the last game.

Edited by Andy Sava

Season 12 - 2031/2032 - End of season report

Bundesliga

Again, it happened again. The start was shaky again, but we managed to stabilize and started getting results. At some point we managed 8 wins in a row in the league. This took us in the top 4 and we were even 3rd for 2 weeks. For most of the second half of the season we were in a Champions League spot. That wend downhill fast when several of my important players got injured and we finished 5th. Another season where we had a disastrous end to the season. Will this end? At least we got to Europa League again.

DFB-Pokal

Overview | Fixtures

Our first final! A great run ended against Bayern. They went 3-0 up and we managed to get 2 goals but that was it, 3-2 loss. Close but not enough.

The Squad

I think we have a squad that can challenge but we will still look to improve but it won't be as urgent as it was until now. Considering that we do not spend as much as the top clubs (15th for salary in Bundesliga) i would say we put together a great squad.

Transfers In

Umberto Guerrera - Joined for free from Inter, his contract expired. He is not the greates player ever but he is good enoug. Played him as Inside Forward on the right side.

Mateo Cortes - 2.1M Euros, brought straight from Colombia. I got him as a right-back initially, but  he played and trained as a BPD. He only has 10 in passing but he was pretty good.

Jaume - He joined for free and he was mostly brought as back-up for Thiago on the left side.

Victor SierraFormer team-mate of Cortes, he joined for 2.4M Euros. His phisycal attributes are not that great, but his mental attributes are pretty great. 

Agustin Barbona - My most expensive transfer so far, 15.5M Euros (5.5M now and 10M in three 12 months installements).

My Top 3 Players of the Season

Hugo Morgado<35 Apps, 3 Goals, 16 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.53 Av Rat> - He was my best player this season, no question. Unfortunately he got injured and he missed the end of the season. Will most likely be out until november-december.

Thiago<38 Apps, 17 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.26 Avg Rat> - Since Panzardo didn't have a great season, Thiago helped me with goals. He was pretty great for most of the season.

Mateo Cortes - <35 Apps, 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.08 Avg Rat> - I have him as my 3rd player of the season becaus of how good he did in his nwe position and role. He had a solid first season for us.

The Club

We are improving our youth facilities this year, should be done at the start of the next season. I should start on our youth recruitment.

International management - England

European Champhionship Qualifiers | Fixtures

We qualified from 1st place in the grou, ofcours we did, but uuhhhhwe lost a game to Greece and we drew a game against Georgia. Now i'm saaaad.

The History

Club Achievements

30/31         Bundesliga        7th           2nd Round                 N/A                Quarter Finals                   N/A  
  31/32         Bundesliga        5th              Final                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A

Manisaspor.png

Manisaspor - Season 24/25

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

The exciting season streak has come to an end. From start to finish this was a tale of mid table mediocrity and we were never looking at relegation or threatening the European places. Probably a bit of an underachievement only gaining 4 places on last years finish considering my transfer outlay.

Cup - Another decent run but ultimately Fenerbache had far too much for us in the semi-final. Rode our luck to get there really with a penalty shootout and away goal win.

I did say I would be less active in transfer market, but I couldn't help myself now I've got money to blow. Got a very capable squad now, although not all signings are a success story.

Another season where training and youth upgrades are being done. £3.3m from our current adequate state.

Notable players

Samet Turhan - Summer window went and the best offer any clubs could do was £5.5m so he didn't go. Was open to signing a new contract after August, this time with the minimum fee release at £12.25m. Kinda looks like he wants a chance at the big time, and I'll be happy enough with £12.25m if I can get it. Interested clubs like Roma and Atletico Madrid can well afford it.

Neraysho Kasanwirjo - Had to break the bank to get this guy here (4.7m with Lazio paying 20k/wage amount) but he is top quality BPD. Even enough to get in the Super Lig media dream eleven. Load of clubs sniffing around him and the release clause is £13m. Might be too tempting for some clubs.

Pedro Miguel - Initially thought I had unearthed a bargain, but it later became apparent why Monaco let him go on the cheap. Missed half the season with his injury proneness and recurring ankle ligament damage. Wiil be looking sell this summer.

Nahuel Favaro - Total success story and has improved a lot over the season. GK position not a worry for a long time now.

Liam 'Rory' Delap - Is ACTUALLY Rory's kid :D He might be labelled the new Alan Shearer but I was perplexed as to why for most of the season. He even went on a 16 match goalless run at one point. Found the net a few times near the end of the season to make his final tally a slightly less embarrassing 12. On the bright side, he was signed for nothing and I could see some English clubs paying over the odds for him eventually. 

Fresnel Mbayo - This upstanding young gentleman is gonna be a superstar.

Next season goals - Board want top half but I would like to secure a European place. If the £7m transfer budget is spent wisely it should be achievable.

2023/24    Super Lig        14th        5th Round      N/A
2024/25    Super Lig        10th        Semi-Final     N/A

USK Anif - Austrian First Division - 2020/2021 Season Review

Table/Cup Review | Table | Transfers | Injury Summary | End of Season Awards | Manager Profile

Finished a respectable 11-7-12, with 40 points, losing out on eighth place due to GD (won a lot of close games, as evidenced by that -10 GD). In the Austrian FA Cup, lost in the second round in overtime to SV Ried.

Kubilay Ozturk was the top scorer for the season with 10 across all competitions, but that was because I got Jasper Uwa on a free midway through the season and Uwa is a bit better with still some room to grow.

Behind the duo of Kubilay/Jasper were my shooters from long range: Kerim MehanovicChristoph Bann, and Michael Protsch. Mehanovic turned out to be one-year wonder as he's already asked to be listed for transfer. Five goals and seven assists will be missed, but I do have Pedro Costa coming in next season. Costa is 29, but should be okay for a season or two while I hunt for the next right winger. Bann and Protsch combined for eight goals, mostly from range, playing the same position. They'll do for now, but I'm looking for a better left winger. Josip Krznaric and Alp Demir were also free transfers midway through the season, and their Potential has me a bit excited. 

As the Transfers can tell, I grabbed almost anyone I could to try to make this roster work. Some worked out, some didn't. Krznaric, Demir, and Danilo Gaeta seem to be some of the better ones.

In goal was Marvin Aumayr, who beat out Christian Schlosser by a slim amount. Unfortunately, the backfield was horrible in the counter, but since I couldn't replace the likes of Florian Madlmayr, it was mostly not the keeper's fault.

The craziest thing about the season ahead? My transfer budget/payroll is a total of 8,325,012 euros. Pretty crazy for a small-town club. I don't think my reputation is high enough to sign any big names yet, but I do think it'll be an interesting initial Transfer Window and January Transfer Window. I do like that there's a midseason break that lasts more than two months in Austria, which makes it so that you can really try to reverse your fortune.

As mentioned in my previous post, only the Champions of the Austrian First Division make it to the Austrian Premier Division. The good news? Once you crack that, only the 12th placed team gets relegated. 

Goal next season is the Third Round of the Austrian FA Cup, and above eighth in the league, preferably around fifth or so. 

Onward and beyond! 

2020/2021 - Austrian First Division - 9th Place - Austrian FA Cup 2nd Round

Edited by Geminilightning

image.png.522014a2448bad23859d19cba60e0070.png

2029/30

Squad |  Transfers  | Table

The team was mid table all season neither in relegation trouble or threatening the European spots, a feat in itself as there are just 12 teams in the league. In the cup the team reached the semi-final and won the first leg at home 4-1 against Diosgyor but lost the 2nd 3-0 to lose on away goals.

Finances are steady but that is down to not spending much on transfers. This player was out of contract but i still got some decent money for him. I had high hopes for him previously but he didn't really improve.

My main players were Ilyuschenkov and Kameni.

2030/31

Squad | Transfers | Table

Kameni wanted to leave and kicked up a fuss which upset most of the squad, this was possibly responsible for the poor start to the season. It wasn't until midway through that the team really started to get going and climb the league. Losing only 1 game in the last 13 meant the team qualified for Europe. In the cup the team again reached the semi-final and faced Diosgyor, drawing the 1st leg  at home 4-4 the team were well beaten in the away leg 0-1.

Finances went sharply down this season as i convinced the board to improve the facilities. The facilities are pretty good now but this hasn't resulted in any even half decent youth players coming through. Sold a long time player in Mihalszki as well as Cueller and Menezes.

After almost no assists or goals for the first 12 games and poor performance, Kameni improved in the 2nd half of the season and his goals were crucial in the last few games. Ilyuschenkov had a record breaking season and ended as league top scorer again.

Menczeles should be only a backup but a lack of other options and his good performances meant he contributed a lot.

Season

League

Position

Hungarian Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2020/21

Division II

15th

3rd Rd

Korbely (11)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2021/22

Division II

8th

2nd rd

Baros (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/23

Division II

9th

4th Rd

Kasza (15)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2023/24

Division II

12th

2nd rd

Licuriceanu (19)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2024/25

Division II

1st

4th Rd

Baros (23)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2025/26

Division I

5th

Quarter Final

Mencezeles(9)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2026/27

Division I

3rd

4th Rd

Licuriceanu (15)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

Qualified for Europe

2027/28

Division I

5th

2nd Rd

2nd Q Rd Euro cup II

Bracun (11)

Average

Adequate

Adequate

Adequate

2028/29

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (22)

Good

Adequate

Good

Good

2029/30

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (21)

Great

Adequate

Excellent

Exceptional

2030/31

Division I

2nd

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov  (35)

Great

Adequate

Excellent

Exceptional

Qualified for Europe

Edited by Thebaker

On 18/08/2020 at 19:14, Andy Sava said:

Season 12 - 2031/2032 - End of season report

That's a really unfortunate end to the season mate, but it will make it all the more sweeter when you do achieve your goals

On 19/08/2020 at 03:20, Balahara said:

Manisaspor - Season 24/25

I really like some of your new-gens, and you are building quite the mix of nationalities there. Good luck with the new season. Surprised to see that Fener have managed to turn their fortunes around in your save, AI must be doing a good job there!

On 19/08/2020 at 10:55, Geminilightning said:

USK Anif - Austrian First Division - 2020/2021 Season Review

Table/Cup Review | Table | Transfers | Injury Summary | End of Season Awards | Manager Profile

That's a solid season for you, and the finances look in great shape. Hope you can make use of that.

I had a fun save earlier with Rapid Wien, the most exciting part is trying to dislodge the behemoth of RB Salzburg. Don't have much idea about the 2nd division though, hope you can make it up soon!

19 hours ago, Thebaker said:

2029/30

Squad |  Transfers  | Table

Excellent season, I like the steady progress you have been making. Respect for taking on this challenge with a small club in Hungary!

I noticed your youth recruitment is now exceptional, have you had any good players come through the academy?

Season 13 - 2032/2033 - End of season report

Bundesliga

I think we recieved some good karma for all the bad luck from the last few season. We started okay but we were still middle of the table at the end of october. Before the season i decided to go more attacking but that backfired and we failed to win against teams we should have. So i went back to what we played last season and boy was that a good decision. A 16 games undefeated run brought us in the title race. We bounced between first and third and after we lost to Frankfurt, one of the title contenders, i thought it was over. They lost some points and we got to second after we drew with Bayern. Bayern lost to Leipzig with 2 games left and we went to the top again. Bayern lost again against Schalke and they were out of the title picture with 1 game left. We were top, with 2 points in front of Frankfurt and a slightly better GD if we were to be tied at the end. We were playing Borussia Dortmund away and they were playing Werder Bremen at home. The game against Dortmund was tight, they scored first but we managed score pretty quick after that. There were a few more chances for Dortmund but they could not finish them so the game ended 1-1. It was all up to Frankfurt - Werder game, if Frankfurt won with 4 goals difference they would have gotten a better GD and tied us in points which would have meant they win the title. I was watching the scores during my game against Dortmund and i was getting hyped. Werder scored 1, then scored another 1. The game ended 2-0 for Werder. WE WON THE TITLE!

Such an unexpected result, especially after a not so hot start. 

DFB-Pokal

Overview | Fixtures

An interesting run, we got to the semi-finals. And then we lost, against a 2.Bundesliga team, they were 11th in the league.

Europa League

Overview | Group | Fixtures

We finished first in the group, tied with PSV, but with a better head-to-head and GD. After that, we defeated Feyenoord, Lyon and Tottenham to reach the final. The final was against Arsenal but we couldn't do much, they were clearly better and they won 2-0.

The Squad

Transfers In

Bruno Luis15M Euros from Maritimo. He had a decent season.

Bernd Dünnholz - He also cost 15M Euros, bought him from Stuttgart. He was 15 years old when i signed him, he should become a great CD. Maybe i was insane to pay 15M Euros for him.

Top 3 Players of the Season

Marco Panzardo<51 Apps, 31 Goals, 10 Assists, 12 PoM, 7.44 Avg Rat> - He is back! Won Bundesliga Player of the Year, Bundesliga Top Goalscorer and broke our team's record for PoM with 12.

Hugo Morgado<39(1) Apps, 4 Goals, 9 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.34 Avg Rat>

Mateo Cortes<46(2) Apps, 4 Goals, 3 PoM, 7.19 Avg Rat>

The Club

The finances you get from winning Bundesliga is just obscene, 128M Euros. This sets us up well for the future. The new stadium was finished before this seasons started.

The History

Club Achievements

31/32         Bundesliga        5th              Final                  N/A                     N/A                         N/A
  32/33         Bundesliga        1st               SF                    N/A                    Final                        N/A

7 minutes ago, Andy Sava said:

@karanhsingh Yeah, that was an unfortunate season. We did achieve one goal this season!

By the time I replied you had completed the next season :lol:

Congratulations on the title win, great stuff! Glad to see Panzardo back doing the business. I look forward to seeing how you spend all this money.

palermo.png.4eebfa419195233262ea144bf4560c60.png

2021-22 Mid-Season Update

So we left off having gained promotion to the Italian Serie B. The summer transfer window was pretty active, with a number of players coming in. I especially love scouting for new-gens in African countries, as you will see. More on them later.

At the half-way point, this is what the league table currently looks like. We are in 2nd spot and hopefully looking solid for a third consecutive promotion for the club, and second for me. However it should already be a lot more comfortable than it is. It essentially seems like we need to out-shoot the opponent at least 5-1 to actually win a game. Some of the games we have dropped points we've had over 30 shots to 3 or 4 for the opposition. There was one infuriating match against Empoli where we actually scored 3 goals, but lost 3-5, conceding ALL 5 to corners :lol:

In the Cup we are somehow still going strong, including a pretty big upset away against a decent Serie A side in Sassuolo. Our reward is a trip to the San Siro to face AC Milan, up next.

These are the squad stats from the season so far. In most games we have played an attacking 4-4-2 in order to be able to fit both our strikers into the team, but for tough games we revert to the 4-3-3 which worked so well last season.

Our top scorer is Lorenzo Lucca who is fast becoming my favorite player, and has rekindled the love for targetmen. He has actually already scored 60 goals for the club despite being on loan. We do have an option to buy for 7.5 million which I hope to activate IF we get promoted.

Now for the new-gens. I am only posting the ones who are actually playing a first-team role this season.

We seem to have got one gem from our academy intake last year in Francesco Paulo Monaco, who is currently progressing well and wanted by a host of Serie A clubs. I am hoping to give him more game time in the second part of the season.

Adama Camara is the diamond in the rough for us, our most expensive transfer at 120k but now valued at several times that and going very well indeed. I have managed to tie him down to a 4 year contract without a release clause, thankfully. Cannot wait to see how good he can get!

Fallou Diallo has not yet played much for us but impressed when he has, so again have high hopes for this kid. he was my first signing at the club.

And finally, Hamed Bakayoko has only just joined now for the princely sum of 475 quid, having turned 18. Have high hopes from him too, although he doesn't seem to have progressed much in Africa before joining us and had some injury issues.

There you have it then, thanks for reading! Hopefully back soon with the end of season update.

8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

T

Excellent season, I like the steady progress you have been making. Respect for taking on this challenge with a small club in Hungary!

I noticed your youth recruitment is now exceptional, have you had any good players come through the academy?

The common phrase seems to be this is a poor crop and don't expect much seem to be the norm. 3.5 stars potential is the highest through in the last 3-4 seasons, no-one to get excited about. Hungary don't have a great nation rating and the club is only the 6th highest in rep so i suppose it not surprising. There are few decent Hungarian players that i have seen, only 1 player in my squad is above 3 stars current and Hungarian (out of 12)

Having said that i just sold a youth player to man u, rated only 3 stars potential and looked pretty poor to me and my staff!

USK Anif - Austrian First Division - 2021/2022 Season Review

Club OverviewTable/Cup Review | Midseason Table | Final Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2Transfers | End of Season Awards | Manager Profile

What a season! Little USK Anif is headed to the Austrian Bundesliga! 

Transfers

Looking back at it now, I spent a little too much money, and didn't try to negotiate hard enough. I'll be paying for that, but enough of that later. Bringing in the likes of Thomas Bleyer, Pedro Costa, Alexander Prass, Alex Pastor, Simone Tascone, and Benjamin Bockle proved to be the difference. I also loaned out a lot of my youngsters to try to give them experience/make them worth a bit more before I sell the majority of them.

The Season

As you can see via the Fixtures 1 and Midseason Table, after going 2-1-2 in the first five games, the team started to rattle off some wins. However, a string of three draws and a loss in the five games heading into the finale made it so that USK Anif was tied with SV Reid with SV Reid leading in GD going into the final Matchday.

USK Anif was able to defeat USV St. Anna/Aigen in MD 30 and SV Reid lost their match, leaving USK Anif the champions! We did lose in the second round of the Cup, but I'm not even mad about that.

Key Players

Pedro Costa excelled from his AMR position, leading all scorers with 14 goals and 6 assists. He is thirty, but I will start him as long as he produces. Excellent pickup.

Thomas Bleyer the 1.5M big signing - I know he's not likely to stay after this contract, and I'm trying to get the most out of him. He got 12 goals, 2 assists.

Marvin Aumayr conceded 21 goals in 29 appearances across all competitions, a much better season for him. 

Alexander Prass scored 6 goals and 3 assists from the AML position.

Looking Ahead

Finances look dire. We're undergoing minor stadium renovations to install heating, too. With some staff contracts and player contracts coming due, it's going to be a rough season. Thankfully, all I need to do is not place twelfth, which can be done by either 1) finishing in the top six through the first round-robin or 2) not finishing twelfth overall.

It should definitely be a challenge.

Onward!

2020/2021 - Austrian First Division - 9th Place - Austrian FA Cup 2nd Round

2021/2022 - Austrian First Division - Champions - Austrian FA Cup 2nd Round

2035/2036 - CD El Ejido

We and especially Izo started of strong in the league, but once it became crunch time in europe we struggled a bit in the league. A solid 5th place was the result.

We were horrible in the cup. Loosing to Ferrol from the 3rd tier.

In europe we played well, but was ultimately knocked out by Atletico Madrid in the Semis.

League: 5th - Cup: 2nd Rnd - EL: SF

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DR Chirciu - MC Toindouba - AMR Izo

Youngster of the season:

MC Geronimo Fittaioli

Next season:

Our finances are strong. We garnered 100 million pounds of income primarily by selling 3 players. The piggy bank is healthy.

Our depth is good at almost all positions. We need quality players at GK, DC and AMC.

We're gunning for Champions League qualification this year... Let's get it on!

I am getting tired of this.

E082A319BE3F2822B1991FC22766C106B6B87CF9

4 out of the 5 CCC's were 1v1's. 2 of them were missed by Panzardo in the first 20 minutes and i got mad and subbed him after he missed the second. The other 2 were missed by the striker i brought in...

Edit: Now i have 0 points after 2 games in the group, Ajax has 6 and Liverpool has 3 but will most likely get 6. Goodbye Champions League, hello Europa league (hopefully). The league isn't going well either.

Edit 2: : Liverpool drew away to Lokomotiv Moskow so they are at 4 points now. There is still a (small) chance.

Edited by Andy Sava

I just made a big big big mistake. There is a goalkeeper, Mario Rosner, 19 years old playing for Schalke and he is already playing for Germany. Tried to unsettle him, made a few offers for him and he wants to join but schalke will not let him. I thought, hey lets ask the board to negociate and the board were happy to do it. A few days later an e-mail came, Schalke accepted the offer. And then i see the offerRIP my finances, i am such and idiot. He will probably be a great goalkeeper, but 97M for a 19 years old?