FM20 All-European (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

East Kilbride

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png.bcd17564d48bc827cfb1fcbfb9e99e43.png

Championship– 2023/24 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion to the top flight was achieved in our fourth season with a clear distance between us and second placed Dundee. This does not tell the story however as for half the season we were playing catchup to Dundee and had a huge deficit to overcome to catch up to them. A terrible start meant that we were behind Dundee by ten points fairly swiftly and they weren’t looking like dropping many points.

The poor start was largely a result of the usual changes in the squad taking time to bed in. Our first signing was to make the loan of winger Dean McCann from Hibs permanent. He was transfer listed on his return to the club so I swooped in to sign him up. The major changes were two impressive signings on loan, Sonny Lo-Everton from Watford and Jeremy Sarmiento from Benfica (who had spent the previous two seasons on loan at Kilmarnock). Lo-Everton was a midfielder and was due to play the playmaker role in central midfield until I signed Dylan Levitt from Man United. After deliberation I decided that I didn’t trust either to play the holding role but I was short a striker. I therefore converted Sonny to play this role. He was not immediately successful which contributed to our poor start but would go on to form a great partnership with Armando Broja. Broja was in his second season with the cluband scored 27 goals in 36 games and claim the leagues player of the season.

Once the changes bedded in we were much improved and as we ground out results week on week gradually caught up first with the pack chasing Dundee and in the new year eventually overhauled Dundee themselves. We had a bid of £150k from Hibs for centre back Malachi Walcott in January and cashed in. With few players available on the market, I went for loan signings. I approached  two players and both signed up. Both Lloyd Vernon and Les Reid were better than the centre-back Chris Hamilton who remained and so I finished the season with both of them in the team.

The club have given me barely any funds to reinforce for our first season in the SPL so changes may be sparse. Sarmiento and Lo-Everton are a problem as they will return to their parent clubs so I may have to go back into the loan market to replace them.

Key Players

Armando Broja – Championship player of the seasn oand scorer of 27 goals in his second season at the club.

Dylan Levitt – Averaged 7.76 playing the deep lying playmaker role and contributed 18 assists having signed from Man United on a free.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Lge 2                           1st                                             Promoted, Champions
2021/22         Lge 1                           3rd                                             Promoted
2022/23         Championship                    5th                                            
2023/24         Championship                    1st                                             Promoted, Champions      

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rlipscombe said:

great first half @jmarchand.  not quite sure what you have done though....

I then proceeded to lose 2 matches that should have been rather easy matches in the league. Could be fixture congestion and that I over-rotated my squad, or it could be that I offended the higher powers and that I was punished for it. Not taking a chance if it's the second option... :D

5 hours ago, jmarchand said:

I then proceeded to lose 2 matches that should have been rather easy matches in the league. Could be fixture congestion and that I over-rotated my squad, or it could be that I offended the higher powers and that I was punished for it. Not taking a chance if it's the second option... :D

Ha ha!!  I see.  The old FM curse....

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2050/51 (Season 31)

Season Summary | League (Apparently I forgot to take this SS, and I don't feel like going and getting it now)

Domestic dominance saw us claim the title with 7 still to play, and finally we set a new record points total - beating the old Dinamo Record of 92. I'm a bit pissed off at losing just one game to Rijeka on matchday 33 to be honest. An undefeated season is definitely high on my goals list. As for Europe, we had a fairly tough group, but one I felt we should be strong in, of PSG, AC Milan and CSKA Moscow. Despite this, we only finished 3rd in the group and dropped into the Europa League. In a rage, I sold off a few players that I might have considered "key" during January, and finished the season with a completely different shape. The Europa League saw us see off Dinamo and Napoli before coming unstuck against a very good Liverpool side. All told, disappointing.

After selling some of those key players, it is left to the centre-back pairing of Marcos Calla and Eduardo Martinez to take MVP honours this season, along with FranciscoAs a talent from my own academy, I'd really like to keep Francisco for the entire of his career.

As for next season - I gave that tease of the huge purchase incoming. I'll leave it to speculation for now, but I will say it's an older (29) former player who was named as Ballon d'Or winner in 2049. Things have started well enough for the next season with 5 games played, 21 scored and zero conceded :D

East Kilbride

Scottish Premier League– 2024/25 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Having failed to strengthen effectively due to a meagre increase in budget, I expected our first season in the SPL to be difficult and a battle against relegation. However we ultimately finished fourth, were never in any danger of relegation and secured European football in our first season in the top flight.

Key to the start of the season was that star loan signings Sonny Lo-Everton and Jeremy Sarmiento signed up for another year. With these secured I kept together the team that achieved promotion. However, my wage budget was barely increased from the previous season. What I was given went on paying a small increase in wage to Sarmiento and signing young  midfielder Barry Hepburn who had been released on a free transfer by Celtic.

My expectations were not high so I was rather surprised when we won our first five games to sit top of the table. This included a 2-0 win over Rangers, in fact we would go on to win all four games against Rangers in the League without conceding a single goal. Form was not as strong as this all season but we acquitted ourselves well. Last season we spent the season chasing Dundee for the top spot in the Championship and oddly enough spent this season chasing them for the position of “best of the rest” in third place. They would pip us to that honour and Europa League football so will have to make do with the Europa Conference League.. I didn’t know this competition existed until I qualified for it.

Key Players

Jeremy Sarmiento – Another quality season for the winger on loan from Benfica. Sadly his last as he has signed for Hearts.

Sonny Lo-Everton – 19 league goals for the on loan Watford striker in his second season.

Barry Hepburn – A great season for the 22 year old midfielder signed on a free from Celtic.

Record                                                                        

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Lge 2                           1st                                             Promoted, Champions
2021/22         Lge 1                           3rd                                             Promoted
2023/24         Championship                    1st                                             Promoted, Champions         
2024/25         SPL                             4th                                                                           

Edited by Andrew Haines

@TheMadMonk - welcome to the challenge.  Good luck in Serbia.

@Biscotti - i think that that is what is known as a transitional season.  hopefully these new signings can propel you back forwards

@Andrew Haines - Great first season in the SPL, and European football too.  Shame to hear Sarmiento has opted for Hearts.  Hopefully you can find a replacement

1200px-OFK_Beograd613f342b1b5feb05.th.pn

OFK Beograd

2020-2021 End of Season Report - Season 1

After a very slow start, and going back to the tactics board post pre-season we eventually hit a run of decent form in November - lost it again through January,February and March but ended up only losing 1 of the 7 games, after the league split and finished safe in 2nd of the bottom half teams - following the league split.

Its a pretty unforgiving league with 4 relegation spaces in a league of 16 teams.

PrelimPhase19-2071a0b8f9a20cf29d.jpg

19-20-Final-Phasec4f6fc09fad336db.md.jpg

We only ended up with 2 permanent signings -  but a half dozen loanees - mostly defenders - helped shore up an ageing squad.

19-20-Transfers23c9a3ca23bafc41.md.jpg

with the 19 yrs Mateja Dukic impressing enough to win both Fans Player of the Season, and the Young Player of the Year Award. Contributing with 2 Goals and an impressive 9 Assists from left back 

19-20-End-Season-Awards8159716b55e87348.

My lack of experience wasn't popular with a lot of the squad in the early months, and both the original Captain and Vice Captain where shown the door during the season - I did however manage to win back the dressing room to some extent by the end of the season, hopefully the coming season gives so-one cause to complain.

19-20-End-Season-Dynamics1a56bf02886f487

Edited by TheMadMonk

1200px-OFK_Beograd613f342b1b5feb05.th.pn

OFK Beograd

2021-2022 End of Season Report - Season 2

We carried on the start of this season where we left off at the end of last, with a storming start and we were top after 11 games, and stayed there for a good number of games.

Unfortunately following a transfer request from our Star Player - and a stubbornness on my behalf to adapt tactics, the form tapered off prior to the league split. We still ended up in the top half though, so I'm hopeful (rather than optimistic) that we can grasp the nettle again next season and at least make top four (although I'm not telling the players or management that :) ) 

Pre Split League Table

20-21-Leaguee506676f3f068c24.md.jpg

Final Phase Splits

20-21-Final-Phase9226437fdc400268.md.jpg

End of Season Awards

image.thumb.png.9c3eaca334e51ed248edc362449a1766.png

Transfers

20-21-Transfers77fd8bed61382a3a.jpg

Edited by TheMadMonk

image.png.b192f374ad9a582f8b76d579c317cd2c.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season well but injuries and loss of form meant that by mar the team was 5 points behind and i was nearing the sack. A slight upturn in form along with other teams falling off got the team into 2nd with 2 games to go and 1 point off the top. 2 wins was not enough to win the title however. The defense was quite poor all season making errors and the strikers out of sorts in most games. Having my 1st choice left midfielder out for 10 months and my 2nd choice out for 6 months didn't help.

The team won the Hungarian cup. In europe the club reached the group stage of the CL by squeezing past Slavia Prague on away goals in the playoff, but were handed a tough group of Man Utd, Napoli and Schalke. Outclassed the club finished bottom with 1 win.

Finances were very strong from player sales and CL money. Long time player Dunst was sold along with club favorite Pantovic as neither were first choice players any more. I sold Takovski for what i thought was a good deal as it don't use AM's. His team won the title and he was the  division's player of the season :seagull:

I sold Gligoric at the end of the season as he was 4th choice striker and the others would improve.

Ilyushchenkov was again the top scorer but some way off his previous efforts. I turned down £9.5Million for Okrah from Dortmund (his min fee was 10 million). Expecting him to leave i signed Ndiaye on transfer day having only got a scouting report on him the day before. He is now my first wonderkid.

Diallo was also impressive in his 2nd season and is now rated my best player.

Season

League

Position

Hungarian Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2026/27

Division I

3rd

4th Rd

Licuriceanu (15)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

Qualified for Europe

2027/28

Division I

5th

2nd Rd

2nd Q Rd Euro cup II

Bracun (11)

Average

Adequate

Adequate

Adequate

2028/29

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (22)

Good

Adequate

Good

Good

2029/30

Division I

6th

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov (21)

Great

Adequate

Excellent

Exceptional

2030/31

Division I

2nd

Semi-final

Illyuschenkov  (35)

Great

Adequate

Excellent

Exceptional

Qualified for Europe

2031/32

Division I

2nd

Semi-final

1st KO Rd Euro cup II

Illyuschenkov  (35)

Excellent

Average

Exceptional

Exceptional

Qualified for Europe

2032/33

Division I

1st

Final

Qtr-final Euro cup II

Illyuschenkov  (33)

Superb

Good

Exceptional

Exceptional

Qualified for CL

2033/34

Division I

1st

Winners

CL 1st KO Rd

Illyuschenkov  (37)

State of the art

Great

Exceptional

Exceptional

Domestic Double

2034/35

Division I

2nd

Winners

CL Group St

Illyuschenkov  (24)

State of the art

Excellent

Exceptional

Exceptional

tricky season there @Thebaker - slight downturn domestically and in Europe but it was a tough group to be drawn in.  Like the look of the potential of Ndiaye - he could become a star for you.  Good luck for next season.  Is there any option to give a new contract to Okrah to increase his minimum transfer fee?

Good luck next season.

51 minutes ago, rlipscombe said:

tricky season there @Thebaker - slight downturn domestically and in Europe but it was a tough group to be drawn in.  Like the look of the potential of Ndiaye - he could become a star for you.  Good luck for next season.  Is there any option to give a new contract to Okrah to increase his minimum transfer fee?

Good luck next season.

I increased it to £16 million with a new contract but his value is 12 million, its the same with all my players. Diallo wants me to give him a contact with a min fee less than his value.

1/3 way through next season and the team is still struggling in the league, already 4 points behind. Ilyuschenkov seems on the decline at 27 and i my defense is still ropey, i bought back 2 defenders i sold as i'm struggling with the number of foreigners allowed at the moment.

21 hours ago, jmarchand said:

Playing along my season, things aren't going too bad. it's been entertaining to say the least. Here's a sneak peek at the EURO Cup individual leaders at the moment...

image.thumb.png.bccdaa332ceb77c28c0319839c3960ac.png

That would certainly suggest things are going pretty well in the EURO Cup for you....

image.png.0fef834e840c62fd0af2659948e2c0e8.png

Città di Campobasso 2029 - 2030

First venture in Europe

Previous update: 

Last year, we managed to qualify for EURO Cup with a surprise 6th place finish in our second season in the Serie A. This year, the plan was quite ambitious: try to get as far as possible in Europe while securing a good league position so we can have another European adventure again. After all, the challenge is to win the Champions League, no? I might as well buckle up as this is going to be the objective for pretty much all seasons going forward. 

European performance

Our 6th place finish got us straight to the group stages, that's what to get when you're a small fish in a big pond... In the group draw, we luckily avoided the bigger sides of Man Utd and Arsenal and got drawn as a 4th seed along with Braga, Ludogorets and APOEL Nicosia. Turns out that, yeah, the guys can play well at this level... The group level was actually easier than I had thought. The draw came in in the last game against Braga, when I had already qualified in first place of the group and rested many of my key players. 

image.thumb.png.7b5c18af6c520a2a00cd6a4f33caaf9f.png 

The second Knockout round saw us pitted against Wolfsburg, which we put away with two nice 2-1 wins, in which we dominated both matches. I was quite happy with them. 

Next up, Sevilla in the quarter final. (oh ho, I'm in trouble, I'm thinking). Looking at their lineup, they were featuring a 37-year-old Mohamed Salah (link to profile here for the curious) and a few interesting regens. First match away at Sevilla went my way with a 2-1 win, with 65% posession and dominating 29-8 in the shots - and I even had the luxury of missing a penalty. 

Then this happened on the second leg... 

image.thumb.png.9e3bbc1e26d64b006bcb471a9d93e289.png

Yup, 6-1, goals from everywhere. They didn't stand a chance. Wow. We were through to the semi-finals. 

Got Manchester United. 

Gulp. 

At this point, Paul Pogba is a fringe player and their main striker makes the same salary as my whole starting 11. First leg at home, drawn 3-3. A heroic hat trick from Mariano and a disappointing collapse in the last 10 minute when Man Utd piled in the pressure. On the way back, an honorable 2-1 loss in which we were completely dominated. 

In the end, going out in the semi-final on our first try in the European stage is quite honorable and I'm very happy with our performance. 

On the individual level, Mariano scored 13 in the competition with an average rating of 8.05 over 12 matches, netting him the Golden Boot and the Player of the Season awards for the tournament.  

League performance

Now, to less pleasing news. At this level, fixture congestion is real, folks. I rotated my squad to ensure that they weren't too tired and 1- it still wasn't enough and 2- we lost some games which should have been won rather easily had I had my full squad. 

In the end, we finished 8th, tied with Roma for the last European spot, but behind as we had lost two 1-0 games against them. Disappointed that it came to that, but I don't have anyone else to blame. 

image.thumb.png.a6f19ed565f40a40a160fa2560d57a90.png

Notable surprises are Atalanta, who were flirting with the top until almost the end and Sampdoria who were 12th in the seasons prior. The Serie A is mighty competitive. Also, it took 10 games for Juventus to concede one goal and they were beaten twice by Atalanta.

inter and Juve are really a big notch above everyone else in the league.

Italian Cup

Nothing to see here, move along. Got in the First Round, beaten Sassuolo and Fiorentina in the Quarter Final. Then, a logical loss against Inter (who went on to lose in the final against Lazio). It was never much of a focus anyway. 

Squad

I need a deeper squad to deal with all these matches. 

image.thumb.png.54f1431f7567454cdb59f0396163bb15.png  

Mariano was still in strong form, 26 goals over the season, 13 in the Euro Cup, 12 in the league and Pablo was still a rock in the heart of our defence. He's attracting the eyes of ManU and Real Madrid now, so I might not get to hold on to him for much longer... 

image.thumb.png.7cd72015321b64894e82e42605b16293.png

image.thumb.png.30f3ea29371e07723244bbe0d22b9966.png

Transfers

Following our discussion about tactics earlier, I decided to slightly adjust and also splash the cash on upgrading my Full Backs.

image.thumb.png.54a6bb1f411419c1a51c3b0efa05b97e.png

Hence, Fluedinaldo came in to play opposite Oldrich Cerevenka, smashing the record transfer budget at the same time. He played well, made an instant impact early on and has lots to offer going forward. 

image.thumb.png.a91839876ccf2a6c2dde6e8ca43f5b4a.png 

My signing of the season though was Oliver Iwanovski, a promising 19-year-old Macedonian I got from Kobenhaven. He paired wonderfully well with Mariano, lighting up the league, coming in at second best scorer with 16 league goals. However, during the middle of the season, he had off the field issues and lost 10 determination points overnight, from a reasonable 13 to an abysmal 3. As much as I like the guy, if a good offer comes in, I'll try to sell him early. 

image.thumb.png.764579be88a3e42f899b92ae79b70ce3.png image.thumb.png.19f99521e164361876e5fbac72768b16.png

Awards of the season

Mariano: EURO Cup Player of the Season, EURO Cup Golden Boot

Melvin Zinga: Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year (3rd year in a row)

Pablo: Serie A Best Young Player of the Season

Finances

Doing great at the moment, will get 62M Euros to play with next season. I'll need them. 

image.thumb.png.2ffc5fbfaf21f9336c6dfc213f8422c9.png

Priorities for next season

- Get a replacement for Pablo lined up

- Get a star mdifielder

- Sell a few unhappy players

- More depth across many positions. 

Club History

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    Italian Cup    |    CL    |        EURO CUP      |      EURO CUP II       | European Position
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21       Serie C/C           15th        2nd Qual Round	   N/A              N/A                    N/A
  21/22       Serie C/C           12th        2nd Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  22/23       Serie C/C     6th - Promoted    2nd Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  23/24       Serie B             16th        3rd Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  24/25       Serie B             5th         4th Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  25/26       Serie B             6th         4th Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  26/27       Serie B      1st - Champions    Quarter Final        N/A              N/A                    N/A
  27/28       Serie A             8th           1st Round          N/A              N/A                    N/A
  28/29       Serie A             6th           1st Round          N/A              N/A                    N/A
  29/30       Serie A             8th           Semi Final         N/A       Semi Final (Man Utd.)         N/A                   94

Edited by jmarchand

East Kilbride

Scottish Premier League– 2025/26 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A bit of an odd season, we recorded our best finish in 3rd place securing Europa League football but for much of the season it was a disaster. Form for the first two thirds of the season was inconsistent at best and at worst the sort that leads to relegation. We sat one spot outside the relegation spaces in tenth for most of the season, although admittedly there was large gap  to Motherwell in eleventh. Included in this was an early exit from Europe in the qualifying round where we were dumped out in our first tie, 3-2  on aggregate by Romanian side Astra Giurgiu.

This form was possibly prompted as can often be the case because of bedding in a large number of new signings. Striker Jim MacLean on loan from Benfica was possibly the most exciting but winger Joe Haigh signed on a free from Chelsea was also excellent. MacLean was a player I chased for a long time when he  was a youngster at Aberdeen but as a Championship club at the time the resources weren’t quite there.

A victory away at Dundee United was the catalyst for a revival and we were to win the next eleven games on  the trott. We steadily climed the table and snuck into sixth spot just as the league was split in half for the run in. This gave us  a shout of European football and with form maintained we were soon in third place. By the time we lost a game it was the last  game of  the season and mathematically sure  we would finish third.

Key Players

Jim MacLean – Signed  on loan  from Benfica, the  Scottish international scored 19 goals.

Joe Haigh – 23 year old winger released by Chelsea was always an attacking threat.

Record

2025/26         SPL                             3rd                              

On 03/10/2020 at 08:19, jmarchand said:

My signing of the season though was Oliver Iwanovski, a promising 19-year-old Macedonian I got from Kobenhaven. He paired wonderfully well with Mariano, lighting up the league, coming in at second best scorer with 16 league goals. However, during the middle of the season, he had off the field issues and lost 10 determination points overnight, from a reasonable 13 to an abysmal 3. As much as I like the guy, if a good offer comes in, I'll try to sell him early. 

Wow that is crazy - have never seen this before! It's a pity because he looks like an excellent talent, otherwise.

I just caught up with this thread, and everyone's updates. Great going! Enjoying reading about the different adventures.

I am planning to go back to my Palermo save (we were in Serie B still) and give this challenge a proper go. Will hopefully update soon!

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow that is crazy - have never seen this before! It's a pity because he looks like an excellent talent, otherwise.

it happens to younger players mostly although the reverse can happen with an increase of 10. Ambition and professionalism can also suffer the same huge increases/drops which you would not be able to see,  just an message about off-field issues and a change in their ....

10 hours ago, Thebaker said:

it happens to younger players mostly although the reverse can happen with an increase of 10. Ambition and professionalism can also suffer the same huge increases/drops which you would not be able to see,  just an message about off-field issues and a change in their ....

Yup, that's exactly what happened. I was googling around to find out what has happened and I've been trying to nurture him through good mentoring, but that's an uphill battle... 

15 hours ago, jmarchand said:

Yup, that's exactly what happened. I was googling around to find out what has happened and I've been trying to nurture him through good mentoring, but that's an uphill battle... 

Its such a shame when it happens to a promising player you have put effort into improving.  det of 3 means i would sell him on.

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2051/52 (Season 32)

Season Summary | League

Still no unbeaten season, but this was our most dominant season yet. We once again broke the points record, and we won the league with 8 games still to play. Unfortunately, even after the big signing, it was still another Champions League Quarter Final exit - this year to Man City. I am really rather worried now that if/when I finally do reach a final that we'll completely bottle it anyway...

As for players, well Francisco is still the beating heart of the team. Now listed as a club legend, I very definitely would like to keep him around for the entirety of his career. Arón has been quietly making himself indispensable as the holding man, but truth be told I'm considering moving him on this summer as I have another player who is most definitely his equal and has only been out of the first eleven by virtue of experience. 

But the player I'm sure you're all (maybe?) been waiting for: I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to the returning Telmo Silva, fresh from his CL winning season at United. The £110m fee was offset by the 50% sell on clause which came back to us and with him winning this season's Ballon d'Or (his 2nd) I think he represents a fine investment despite now being 30. If his physicals hold out I can see him being our top man for at least another 3 years, although we have a very exciting 20-year-old Czech player who is snapping at his heels.

16 hours ago, Biscotti said:

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2051/52 (Season 32)

Season Summary | League

Still no unbeaten season, but this was our most dominant season yet. We once again broke the points record, and we won the league with 8 games still to play. Unfortunately, even after the big signing, it was still another Champions League Quarter Final exit - this year to Man City. I am really rather worried now that if/when I finally do reach a final that we'll completely bottle it anyway...

As for players, well Francisco is still the beating heart of the team. Now listed as a club legend, I very definitely would like to keep him around for the entirety of his career. Arón has been quietly making himself indispensable as the holding man, but truth be told I'm considering moving him on this summer as I have another player who is most definitely his equal and has only been out of the first eleven by virtue of experience. 

But the player I'm sure you're all (maybe?) been waiting for: I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to the returning Telmo Silva, fresh from his CL winning season at United. The £110m fee was offset by the 50% sell on clause which came back to us and with him winning this season's Ballon d'Or (his 2nd) I think he represents a fine investment despite now being 30. If his physicals hold out I can see him being our top man for at least another 3 years, although we have a very exciting 20-year-old Czech player who is snapping at his heels.

Great to see Telmo Silva back.  I bet you are glad you inserted that clause!!  Would say that will be a fine deal if you get another three years out of him.  His stats are still there for now and he might be the key to breaking the ceiling you seem to have at the moment.

Good luck for next season - really have my fingers crossed you can complete the challenge.  You've certainly put in the work!! 

East Kilbride

Scottish Premier League– 2026/27 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

In a reverse of our previous two SPL seasons, strong early season form was followed by a late collapse. Despite sitting comfortably in 3rd place for extended periods, defeat in all of our final five games saw us slip to fifth and the worst of the European spots. We will compete in the Europa Conference League if we can negotiate three qualifying rounds. Despite this, a satisfying run in Europe saw us qualify for the Europa League where we finished 3rd in our group behind Young Boys and Athletic Bilboa. This sent us into the Conference League knockout rounds where we saw of AEK 10-1 on aggregate and Brondby 8-3 to reach the quarter finals. We lost both ties against Braga 2-0 to exit there as we entered the aforementioned late season collapse.

Our team was the strongest we have had in the SPL. Our midfield was massively strengthened with with the free transfer of Irish International Padraig Hayden from Dundee and Ivorian midfielder Christian Kouame from ASEC for £200k. Young Scottish left-back Peter Henslee was an exceptional signing on a free again from Dundee. Despite being only 21 he made his international debut against Northern Ireland shortly after joining. Upfront we had the same partnership as the previous season with Jim MacLean again on loan from Benfica alongside Nicodeme Muesa.

The main upshot of the season was the influx of revenue mainly as a result of our European adventure. We also reaped a £1.8m bounty from the sale of left winger Joe Haigh to Rangers in January. As a side note this sale left a big gap in the first XI I was unable to fill and contributed to our late season form. These sales ultimately left us with a healthy £9m in the bank by the end of the season. I have already arranged transfers of some really good players due for release by top English Clubs. With the funds available to me, I’m confident of putting together a team for next season that can challenge Celtic and Rangers next season.

Key Players

Padraig Hayden – Irish international midfielder signed on a free from Dundee to add steel in the midfield.

Peter Henslee – 21 year old Scotland international, another free transfer from Dundee.

Robert Budinauckas – Young Scottish winger signed from Hibs for £475k, contributed 14 assists.

Record   

2026/27         SPL                             5th                              

Edited by Andrew Haines

hopefully a case of one step backwards, for two steps forwards.  The new signings look promising and the additions of Premier League rejects hopefully is pointing to an upturn of form again next season.  good luck

This was indifferent season where the team dropped behind in the title race quite early and struggled to make much impact due to the top 2 winning. By 2/3rd's of the season gone the team trailed by 8 points. This was made up to an extent but went into the last game in 3rd and 3 points behind. To my surprise both teams above me failed to win at home leaving Eger to win the title and me to become a club legend.

In the Hungarian cup the team lost in the final 3-5 to Ferencavaros.

In europe the team reached the CL playoff and after drawing the away leg 1-1 with 10 men for 80 mins, lost the home leg 0-1 with only 1 first team CB. This put the team into the Euro cup where they finished 2nd in the group. Getting past Sevilla they lost out to Rennes in the 2nd KO round.

Finances have continued to soar as i can't seem to find the right players to sign, Diallo and Moussa both left when their min fee clauses were met. Avagyan did not want to be a backup player, Tsilosani was sold to allow for a player who then chose  to sign for someone else. Juric wanted to be a star player when i had the much better player in Diallo in the same position. I turned down bids from big clubs for almost every single player, some up to 15 million.

Defence is weak and i ended up signing 2 old players in Bolcina and Broadfoot (a record signing for the club). Midfield is full of developing players but they are all physically weak which is handicapping the team. The fact that at 33 Rose is still 1st choice is evidence of this.

Up front i have i cant get the game time for all my strikers. Okrah was my top scorer but barely scored after mar. Ilyuschenkov looked in decline but ended with 8 goals in the last 5 games to help win the title and become the top league scorer.

Ndiaye is the best player i have and i am going to try him in midfield next season as i also have 2 other 3 star current strikers and now 3 or 4 4 star+ potential strikers at the club.

East Kilbride

Scottish Premier League– 2027/28 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Like last season, a run of poor form cost us dearly despite strong performances through the season. This time the bad run came in March where five defeats saw us drop away from a chase with Rangers for second spot. We did recover this time round however and looked likely to secure a third place sport when we lead Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox in the 80th minute. Two late goals allowed Aberdeen to jump ahead of us and grab the sole Europa League spot. We will again compete in the Europa Conference League rather than the more lucrative Europa League.

The big change for this season was in the quality of the squad. A long way before the end of the previous season I had re-invested the £1.8m I reaped from the sale of Joe Haigh in my wage budget and made offers to three 22 year olds at top six English Premier League clubs. In the end Sekou Sidibe (Chelsea) played only a bit part although he started 29 games. Left Winger Mitchell Bennett (Man Utd) and especially Nathan Cyrus (Arsenal) would go on to be key players and raise the standard of the team. Along side these players, England U21 midfielder Adel Abdelli was key on loan from Chelsea.

The major money spent was outlaid on young Scottish players. Midfielder Adam Main joined for £2.1m from Celtic and young 19 year old striker Finlay Murray for £1.6m from Aberdeen. Main would be a problem as I played him in central midfield due to the presence of Bennett on the left wing. The left sided midfielder is my holding player but Main was a decidedly attacking option. This didn’t really work and leaves me an issue for next season.

My strikers Murray and Cyrus scored a respectable 25 and 32 goals each, this was not as spectacular as I might have hoped though as they played around 60 games each. This was due to extended cup runs. We won the league cup with a 4-1 victory over Dundee United and lost a close Scottish cup final to Celtic 2-1 in extra time. In Europe we had another good run in the Conference League where were made it through three qualifiers and a group containing Marseille, Maccabi Tel -Aviv and Sarajevo. We despatched Olympiacos in the 1st knockout round but were dumped out in the 2nd round by Lokomotiv Moscow where we were hammered 5-1 away having drawn the home leg.

Again we have decent resources to spend, hopefully with a bit of creativity I can sort out some of the imbalances in the side and we can challenge next year.

Key Players

Nathan CyrusFree transfer from Arsenal who scored 32 goals in all competitions but only 15 league goals. I am hoping for more next season.

Mitchell Bennett – Signed following his release from Man Utd, the 22 left winger scored 16 goals.

Adam Main - Arrived from Celtic for £2.1m, the Scottish midfielder was not deployed in his best position but was still a decent signing.

Record        

2027/28         SPL                             4th                                             League Cup Winners, Cup Finalists

decided to try this again loaded a small database and ukraine  this was the team i  got ,  

gG9Pu2N.jpg

Polissya Zhytomyr  not sure if this there logo but google says it is looks kind cool. 

current team

facilities - Domestic League history - profile general informationSeason preview

Edited by Vipertitan

image.png.0fef834e840c62fd0af2659948e2c0e8.png

Città di Campobasso 2029 - 2030

Footballers are Divas

After a setback in which we didn't get to play any European football after finishing 8th in the league, I was hungry for revenge. With a 62M€ transfer budget, I was ready to make more serious moves in the transfer market and get back on the European scene. 

Looking back at the priorities for the off-season, it was to get a replacement lined up for Pablo, our star centre-back who has been attracting interest from top clubs over the whole year, bolster the midfield, get more depth and sell a few unhappy players. Same old same old. 

Transfers

Aaaaaaaand this year is the one I discovered the restrictions in Serie A regarding signing non-European players. I had sent a few scouts to South America, trying to hire River, Boca and Brazilian wonderkids to my side, but was stumped by the fact that you can only sign one non-EU player per year, so I had to redesign my scouting strategy on a dime... 

I had found Gaen in the summer as a potential replacement for Pablo, but called the transfer out when I noticed that I could not have played him until next year. Turns out that I was able to fend off interest in Pablo during the summer (and throughout the season, in the end), so the need for a star defender was less present. I however got remorse in not signing him when I saw big Euro clubs after him in the winter transfer window, so I decided to splash the 20M€ release clause for him. I hope he turns out ok, but it's a bit of a gamble at this point. 

image.thumb.png.498b1a9fc8c56ce83c29e1a6d075ee7b.png

During the offseason, I've also recognized that in order to make a step up, I'd need to get a better goalkeeper. Yes, Melvin Zinga was a great servant, won keeper of the year 3 times in a row in the Serie A, but that was partly because my defence was a bit leaky and he was getting tons of shots. Also, he was showing signs of wanting to move to a bigger club, so I figured out it would be a good time to sell him (I received a 4.5M€ offer, so I jumped on it) and get a star keeper in the meantime. The target was Emiliano Safon Cavedo, a promising keeper who was not playing too much at Inter. 9.5 M€ later, he was a member of Campbasso. in the negotiations, he imposed that I signed a friend and improved coaching staff. The said friend was a sub-par defender from Norwich which was not worth the amount of money they asked for. My DoF could not sign him with a reasonable 15M€ budget, but it seems it wasn't enough. The day the transfer window closed, he asked to leave, citing he had lost trust in the manager. Despite low morale, he played very well and I really hope that I'll be able to get the relationship back in form. 

image.thumb.png.53aefe3e488def42937e07d6c70e91bd.png

image.thumb.png.9889f6f1c0b2a0d6a6442f6da695384f.png

League performance

Concentrating on the league this year, I had a rather rough start, but quickly turned things around with a 10-game unbeaten streak starting mid-september, which brought us in the Euro qualifying spots. Then the defence really gelled together and started playing as a good unit. Mariano was in form in front, getting 19 league goals, good for second place in the best strikers in the competition. 

As the season progressed, we held up really well and even got results against Inter, Juventus and Atalanta, which was again very strong this year. The final stretch of the calendar was quite pleasing...! I'm especially proud of our only 38 goals agains, which showed that investment in the defence payed out. 

image.thumb.png.a53545245127e031d611bbecf46dac20.png

image.thumb.png.031e9b5d7fa2b5c2c2e5458418b5fdf7.png 

There you have it, our first Serie A title. Proud of the guys. 

image.thumb.png.60c8b92a6c45aa904eec7be38ef5c293.png

Some notables in the squad:

- Oliver Ivanovski: Mr. -10 determination fractured his skill the first day of training camp, missed 5 months. Here goes my plan of selling him while he's hot. When he came back, scored 6 goals along with a few assists. 

- Cristian Pérez: My second diva in the squad. Was on loan from Inter and had its contract was ending at then end of the season. Inter was asking ~30M€ for him, so I decided to wait until January to try to sign him. He was incredibly interested in signing with us, I offered him a big contract, but he came back asking for more than I could afford (or decided to pay). He then rejected me and signed to Fiorentina for less than what I had initially offered. So much for being incredibly interested. Scored 20 goals (17 in the league). A shame, he was quality. 

image.thumb.png.9a614b89ee7a7da47ceba99afd44a5cf.png

Andrea Greco: Signed as a backup for the defence, he ended up taking the place of captain Alessandro Fontanarosa. Scored 4 goals, played very well in defence, love the kid. 

image.thumb.png.35c4b2fdd3e07429cc5e8f957f982d53.png

Cup Performance - Or why do I always draw Inter

Once again, we were knocked out in semi-Final against Inter. one day, we'll either beat them or someone else will do it for us. 

Awards of the Season

Oldrich Cerevenka: Serie A Best Young Player of the Year. 

All or defensive line and all of our strikers: Serie A team of the year

image.thumb.png.9df81cc8467a32f094394e76a120dd57.png

Finances - or the year I stopped making money

Stepped up the investment for players, bigger wages. TV Revenues are keeping us even, the 45 M€ are essentially the players I bought. Going forward, I'll need Champions League money as well as a bigger stadium than 12000 seats. 

image.thumb.png.1897b87552547aa3bcbe4664fd75f9c8.png

Priorities for next season

- Don't make a fool of myself in the Champions League Group Stage

- Qualify for Europe again, ideally finishing in the top 4.

- Find a proper partner for Mariano

Other news

- Had a takeover during this year. Exit old stupid owner, enter new stupid owner! (Actually this one appears to have a tiny bit more ambition, they upgraded our Training Facilities without having to beg about it). 

- Lined up two nice free transfers coming in this summer, with European citizens, will post a mini update in a few. 

- Managed to sign Pablo to a new contract at the end of the season, which gets rid of his 79M€ release clause. Yay for keeping him a tiny bit longer. 

Club History

Season    |    League    |    Position    |    Italian Cup    |    CL    |        EURO CUP      |      EURO CUP II       | European Position
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20/21       Serie C/C           15th        2nd Qual Round	   N/A              N/A                    N/A
  21/22       Serie C/C           12th        2nd Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  22/23       Serie C/C     6th - Promoted    2nd Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  23/24       Serie B             16th        3rd Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  24/25       Serie B             5th         4th Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  25/26       Serie B             6th         4th Qual Round       N/A              N/A                    N/A
  26/27       Serie B      1st - Champions    Quarter Final        N/A              N/A                    N/A
  27/28       Serie A             8th           1st Round          N/A              N/A                    N/A
  28/29       Serie A             6th           1st Round          N/A              N/A                    N/A
  29/30       Serie A             8th           Semi Final         N/A       Semi Final (Man Utd.)         N/A                   94
  30/31       Serie A      1st - Champions      Semi Final         N/A              N/A                    N/A                   95

Now the real fun starts. Forza Campobasso! 

Edited by jmarchand

well done @jmarchand - a great improvement on the previous season.  Sounds like those signings were key - sometimes as much as you may like some people, you have to look at it objectively and make decisions. (i am currently having a save as my team, and whilst Barry Bannan is rated 1.5-stars, and doesn't really play much any more, I just can't let him go as he has been a great player for us IRL and my favourite player.  I even made him Director of Football even though he isn't very good!)

Thanks @rlipscombe and @Thebaker!

I'm not yet at the point of bringing in past players in coaching, but I have signed Fontanarosa against the recommendation of the staff as he's just a backup now, but he was our captain for a few years and played very well. Emmanuele Torrasi has not retired, but he's looking like he wants to be a manager, but I might try to lure him in and give him an honorary role (Loan manager? DoF?)

I think what frustrates me more about Cristian Perez is that he eventually signed for less that I offered him... Fast-forward a few weeks in my save, he broke a leg and will be out for 4 months. I was secretly saying "that'll teach you!"

Started the season well and just continued, easily winning the league for once and just missing out on a new all time points record by 3 points( which was in a 34 game season!) In the Hungarian cup the team lost in the 4th Rd, the earliest loss in 8 seasons.

In europe the team had a tough CL group with Benfica and Dortmund and could only manage 3rd with 9 points. In the Euro cup the team were well beaten by AC Milan in the quarter-finals. Diosgyor also reached the quarter-finals of the euro cup.

Finances continue to soar as i didn't realize i hadn't signed any players or spent anything. I sold utility player Harutyunyan to give Mohamed more chances which was a mistake. Nagatomo i just didn't really like as a player but became a wonderkid on moving.

Janchivrenchin and Ndiaye left in jan when their min fee clauses were met.

Ilyuschenkov continues to churn out the goals and Pilan had a good season. Bytyqi took over from Ndiaye as the creative midfielder but has suddenly become temperamental which is a shame as he is now rated my best player.

Szekeres is my other wonderkid and is the first youth product to establish himself in the first team

Edited by Thebaker

East Kilbride

Scottish Premier League– 202/29 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Another season of progress with a third place finish. There was a big gap to second place Celtic which does tell the story that we were right up in the battle for the title. A poor run in ended Champions League hopes but the gap to fourth was so big that there was little danger of dropping further by that stage.

The big impetus for improvement was my realisation that I could sign non-UK players if the fee was over £120k. Out went a number of British players including Mitchell Bennett for £9.75m, Ben Gray for £1.9m and Lloyd Vernon for £5m. Replacing them were players from across the world, Iran, Croatia, Uruguay, Paraguay and South Africa were represented. The big ticket signing was midfielder Wojciech Przbyiko from Polish side Legia for £3.9m. We fought off bids from Man Utd and Liverpool with the promise of first team football and he has great potential.

As is often the case when there are lots  new signings we made a poor start but form soon clicked and we steadily climbed the league. It’s always hard up against clubs  the size of Rangers and Celtic but we acquitted ourselves well and by the new year were solidly in the title hunt. We also made steady progress in the cups and Europe. We safely negotiated ties against Hadjuk and Zurich in Conference League qualifiers and drew a kind group with a distinctly Scandinavian flavour, AIK, Nordsjaelland and Valur. Our only dropped points were a home defeat to Valur and we finished top of the group.

In January, I brought in another three new signings with new keeper, midfielder and winger replacing less successful summer signings. We continued our good form in the league after xmas and looked good through to the end of March. We saw off Vitesse in the Conference League second knockout round 4-2 on aggregate and then overturned a 3-1 deficit against  Legia in the quarter final first leg with a 4-0 win at home. Come April the weight of fixtures took it toll and we lost our final five games, this did not hit our final position as 2nd place was always going to be a tall order. We did however progress in the Scottish Cup to the final where we would finally be defeated by Celtic.

European progress was continued with an all Scottish Semi-Final against Hibernian. A 2-0 away win in the first leg proved decisive with a 3-3 home leg seeing us through. There was a minor panic however as the visitors took a 3-1 lead which would have been enough on away goals. Two second half goals removed worries though. Trabsonspor in the final was a step too far and they were two strong with us. 2-1 was a secured as we were unable to turn over a 2-0 first half defecit.

Key Players

Nathan CyrusA better second season for the English striker with 20 league goals.

Callum HerdOne of a handful of Scottish players in the first IX. The club captain has been with us for 3 seasons since signing from Motherwell.

Wojceik PrrzbyikoPromising Polish midfielder was a 3.9m signing from Legia.

Record

2027/28         SPL                             4th                                             League Cup Winners, Cup Finalists
2028/29         SPL                             3rd                                             LC Finalists, SC Finalists, Europa Conf Lge Finalists

On 17/10/2020 at 12:19, Andrew Haines said:

You may notice my screenshots are a bit after the end of the season. It was 1:00am and I got stuck straight into the pre-season. By 3:00am I had completely forgotten about screenshots...

Great progress and good showing in Europe! That's what a good game will do to you, jumping straight into the next season...! 

East Kilbride

Scottish Premier League– 2029/30 – 7th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

On the field the season was disastrous. We failed to make it into the top half before the last five games so fought out the tail end of the season in the relegation group. In truth we were poor all season but came very close to making top half. If we had done, the form we were in I am confident would have grabbed us a European spot.

Despite this, I had a great pre-season. I was able to remove some of the imbalance in the squad and every  position had a player suited to his role. I decided the team of the previous season had taken me as far as it could and broke it up. Sales of players such as Nathan Cyrus (£13.75m to Watford), Sekou Sidee (£7.75m to Newcastle) and Noriyoshi Miyamoto (£2.4m to Rennes) game me a healthy bank balance. The board didn’t allow me as much as I would have liked but I was able to spend £13.5m on new  players. Key amongst  the new arrivals were  Left Winger Adam Kozma for £1.8m from Ferencvaros and especially Miroslav Kostic a £6.5m signing from Partizan. Kostic was head and shoulders my best players and still young. Upfront Scottish wonderkid Steve Adams signed from Liverpool on loan for the season. He did okay  and the great news was that he will sign on a permanent deal next  season  having signed a contract in January.

The season started well with five wins from the first seven games. The weight of games as we competed in the Europa  League, League Cup and SPL took its toll and although we walked through our Europa League group, league form suffered. Matters didn’t improve until February when we started to turn in better performances. We climbed closer to sixth place as we approached the tail end of the season. The final game before the split into Championship and Relegation halves saw us in with a good shout  of making it into the top  six if we could win an results go our way. A 2-0 win at home  to Hamilton gave us a shout and as of  the  80th minute we sat in fifth place. Result swung away from us though and we dropped to seventh place. We ran in  the  five  games against the bottom five teams the four wins from five. In  Europe we drew Chelsea in our first knockout game and it didn’t end well, we lost  5-1 on aggregate.

Despite the poor season on the pitch there were many positives. If I don’t get sacked I should have a large amount of money to spend to sort the team out. The board are finally looking at building a new 15,000 capacity stadium. Steve Adams will be a quality signing. Hoping for better next season.

Key Players

Steve AdamsThe Liverpool wonderkid signed on loan and will sign permanently in the summer. Did okay with 15 league goals.

Miroslav Kostic – 21 year old Serbian international was an impressive signing at £6.5m from Partizan.

Adam Kosma – The Hungarian winger brought great crossing ability to the left flank  contributing 9 assists.

Record

2025/26         SPL                             3rd                                            
2027/28         SPL                             4th                                             League Cup Winners, Cup Finalists
2028/29         SPL                             3rd                                             LC Finalists, SC Finalists, Europa Conference League Finalists
2029/30         SPL                             7th                                             LC Finalists

On 19/10/2020 at 14:25, jmarchand said:

Great progress and good showing in Europe! That's what a good game will do to you, jumping straight into the next season...! 

Cheers. Yeah, sometimes you just can't pause before ploughing in. Especially when there are lots of transfer funds to be spent.

The Spartans FC Logo.png

Spartans FC 2028-2029 - Championship - 9th (relegated)

Time to get back to this, great to see how busy this has gotten the last few months.

Going to keep this one pretty short, we were promoted to the Championship last season but things did not go to well, I started experimenting too much and we ended up in 9th by 1 point and lost in the playoff to get relegated. Board is sticking with me though so we'll see if I can't jump right back up.