• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's fair.

I thought so.

Good to see you again pal. Congrats on the new job.

Getting paid to write tweets - what a job :D

Happy days with the accountancy, how many tests do you have to take altogether.

The family is all good. Both girls growing so quickly, also means I'm having less time to play and write FM. Luckily I have quite abit of saved work to post

Have to complete 18 to complete AAT (so nearly there) and the I'm going on to do ACCA which is another 11 modules (should be 14 but AAT gets me exemption from the first 3). So 29 in total to be a fully qualified accountant.

Once I've finished ACCA I'll be doing the only 2 papers from CIPFA that I won't be exempt from. Once I reach that point I should (if all goes to plan) become the Finance Director for the organisation I work for. Probably about 5 years away though!

Glad your girls are doing well.

I thought so.

Good to see you again pal. Congrats on the new job.

Getting paid to write tweets - what a job :D

Man, I'd be good at that job. I mean, really good. Getting paid to just sit ******* about on twitter all day would be superb.

Is it ok to copy/paste a story from the Career Updates forum to this forum, or is that kinda redundant?

I figured pictures would make it more readable, but obviously long chunks of just text aren't a problem for anyone here, so why limit my audience?

Theres no problem with doing that, the only thing is we don't allow pictures on this side of the forum. The story text is fine but pictures aren't mate

Thanks, that's what I meant. Just copy/paste but remove the pics, didn't know if that was spammy.

Thanks, that's what I meant. Just copy/paste but remove the pics, didn't know if that was spammy.

No that's fine mate. As you've probably seen if you've had a look around this side, theirs some writers like myself who just do match updates and then theirs plenty of other writers who go the whole hog and have a back story of the characters etc....

Have a look through the Archives and you'll see all the different stories we have going on here

Man, I'd be good at that job. I mean, really good. Getting paid to just sit ******* about on twitter all day would be superb.

I suspect you'd get 10 post in and then either just quit or want to start again!

Compared to some of the young whippersnappers around here, you're positively elderly. I mean, you've been on this forum longer than some people have been born. :D

Digging a rather large whole their Ben :D

Compared to some of the young whippersnappers around here, you're positively elderly. I mean, you've been on this forum longer than some people have been born. :D

I've been registered on this forum for half my life. That's a little bit sad.

I know pictures are frowned upon, but frankly today I don't care

If I shook Christian Benteke's hand after the match, he'd probably have fallen over.

Sorry. I just think it was an incredibly soft penalty.

If I shook Christian Benteke's hand after the match, he'd probably have fallen over.

Sorry. I just think it was an incredibly soft penalty.

A soft penalty is still a penalty. Plus, even if it had been a dive, it'd have been funny. But then I grew up playing rugby, a sport in which you're encouraged to cheat in just about every way possible.

What the heck? Terk is back? Semi-permanently? Did the world just end and I not find out about it because I'm stuck in the office until 8pm every night?

Sounds about right. I'm all four horsemen of the apocalypse.

A soft penalty is still a penalty. Plus, even if it had been a dive, it'd have been funny.

I guess I don't remember people saying that when Cristiano Ronaldo was winning penalties that way for United.

And I would never play rugby because I do not like the idea of spending the rest of my life in traction. Well done by you, sir.

I guess I don't remember people saying that when Cristiano Ronaldo was winning penalties that way for United.

And I would never play rugby because I do not like the idea of spending the rest of my life in traction. Well done by you, sir.

No, most pepople seem to feel that diving is amongst the biggest moral ills of society. I reckon if you can do it well, good on you.

I did quit playing rugby aged 24 as I had a strong desire to be able to walk beyond the age of 35. It's not a sport that treats knees well.

I was at Anfield last night and, let me tell you, that was a special night. A proper European night atmosphere. It helped that Manchester United were rubbish. Without David De Gea - who may well go on to be one of the very best goalkeepers I've seen play the game - they would be in serious trouble this season. Liverpool could have easily won by four or five in that game and it wouldn't have flattered them.

I'm also strongly considering legally changing my name to Emre Can. The man is that much of a hero.

Could someone do me the honour of sorting the predictions league out and posting next weeks fixtures up please and the fantasy league aswell please. My laptop has died and needs to be sent off to Acer to get fixed. So for the next week I can ony get on the internet with me phone. Cheers

Does anyone else have an opinion about FIFA asking for money back they offered to people under investigation for accepting bribes? I am surprised they can even ask for restitution, considering the circumstances.

The sheer cheek of it astounds me.

Oh the irony when Bolasie dived to win a penalty against reading just a few days later, and the many times before that.

Well, if it works ...

...unless it's United, which seems to be about the only way they can score these days.

No western country is safe from such atrocities. Nowhere was safe after 9/11... 7/7... Madrid... Paris... and certainly nowhere is safe now.

All we can do is pull together and defy the very small minority who wish to tear us apart. We must not allow Daesh to defeat us.

Of course, my thoughts go out to the people of Belgium, and those who were affected - directly or indirectly - by the attacks.

Its pretty much as Ben says common place now. They say it was in retaliation to an arrest regarding the Paris attacks.

And as CFuller has said nowhere is safe, I was reading on one site that the British police have been told to prepare for ten simultaneous attacks.

Just read that Johan Cryuff has died due cancer...RIP to a true footballing legend

Gutted. Not only a fantastic footballer and manager, but a guy that shaped modern football. Also was incredible as an analyst, making it seem all so simple

Must admit, I laughed when Norwich scored the winner.

I love Rafa Benitez and I did hope he could turn them around (and relegate Sam Allardyce in the process) but that club will never work properly or have anything even close to success until Mike Ashley leaves. They're an absolute shambles and it looks like most of the players aren't that bothered, knowing they'll likely get moves away in the summer.

I say this because my Minnesota teams - in every American sport - lose games in similar fashion with clockwork regularity. I recognize the pattern.

Yeah, Blair Walsh's field goal miss was prime Newcastle.

Take your pick. Walsh. The Twins choking away their opener in the ninth inning yesterday. The Timberwolves being the worst franchise in American professional sports for twenty years running. An underperforming NHL team that is the very description of frustration.

Our women's basketball team is awesome though.

Well, guys, I've just been sacked for the first time ever on Football Manager. It's happened to me on Championship Manager before, but not FM. Until now.

On one hand, I'm feeling very depressed because the club that has just sacked me is extremely close to my heart. :(

On the other, I'm feeling quite excited because it's sure going to make an excellent story! I'll hopefully be able to reveal more over the summer! :D

Archived