Players seen leaving nightclubs (AWOL)

So, I went all the way from season one to season 9 without EVER seeing this, and now six players between day one and February have been absent from training and seen leaving nightclubs - one player has offendeD THREE times. Has anyone else had this? Is it a glitch to happen so suddenly? Or perhaps one player (the one who has been absent three times, who is a new signing) bad influence? If it is bad influence, I would have expected more than one player at a time to be seen leaving a club. Seems a bit off.  

• Administrators

It can only happen with newgens and generally only happens with players who have an unprofessional streak. Imagine as you're now 9 seasons in, a larger number of your squad are newgens and unfortunately they've gone a bit "billy big time" on you :D 

22 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It can only happen with newgens and generally only happens with players who have an unprofessional streak. Imagine as you're now 9 seasons in, a larger number of your squad are newgens and unfortunately they've gone a bit "billy big time" on you :D 

Ahhh I see, thank you Neil :). Is this behavior a preset that is permanent, or can it be spanked out with fines and ''warning'' them about their conduct? I quite like this if it can be managed and potentially eradicated from their behavior.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

Ahhh I see, thank you Neil :). Is this behavior a preset that is permanent, or can it be spanked out with fines and ''warning'' them about their conduct? I quite like this if it can be managed and potentially eradicated from their behavior.

It can be changed (all 'hidden attributes do have the potential to be changed, much like normal ones). Sometimes through tough love! 

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It can be changed (all 'hidden attributes do have the potential to be changed, much like normal ones). Sometimes through tough love! 

Roger dodge.  It would be good if I can send my scouts out doon the Toon to catch him out the next time's he's giving it big licks down Flares on the Bigg Market. 

2 hours ago, Danielfc said:

Roger dodge.  It would be good if I can send my scouts out doon the Toon to catch him out the next time's he's giving it big licks down Flares on the Bigg Market. 

Haha would love an option of doing a Fergie and going to the club/party and drag a player out by his ear like he did to Lee Sharpe and Giggs . One for the feature requests

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have the same problem, but how do I fine him? my player is a loanee from Man City who has done this 5 times in three months, and my other players are gagging for me to fine him, but I can't find the option to do so.

30 minutes ago, steinar said:

I have the same problem, but how do I fine him? my player is a loanee from Man City who has done this 5 times in three months, and my other players are gagging for me to fine him, but I can't find the option to do so.

It’s not possible to fine a loanee simply because you’re not paying his wages. You may be reimbursing his parent club the cost of his wages but you are not paying him therefore you can’t withhold his wages.

23 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

It’s not possible to fine a loanee simply because you’re not paying his wages. You may be reimbursing his parent club the cost of his wages but you are not paying him therefore you can’t withhold his wages.

ah,  thanks, I see. however, several of my players are now demanding that I fine him. one is currently unhappy because of me not fining him, which is impossible. this must be a bug, no?

Edited by steinar

I'm literally having a nightmare with this in my 7th season with Salford City. I've got a Peruvian centre back who I've fined two weeks wages about 12 times this season and am desperately trying to flog - I did laugh though as the last time he did it he had returned to training the very same day, only to naff off again the same day!

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this post, not one of my players but was a player that was on my shortlist. Earning £350k a week and was bought for £68m, not a good example at all! When I checked his hidden attributes I noticed that he has a controversy rating of 5/20 but 4/20 for professionalism 

image.png.15ea73601558dd9fea4d3f1e0231e9e6.png