Can't Find FM19 Disc in New Zealand

Don't know if it's down to licensed retailers or not enough customers in NZ, but  I usually get the boxed copy fro my birthday, and have been informed by my daughter that they can't find anyone who sells it this year.

Tried all the usual places, MightyApe, The Nile, Fishpond etc . EB Games say 'Out of Stock' but it looks like they are the only retailer who offers it - mail order only.

Anyone know of a reason why?

On 20/12/2018 at 20:53, Taipan said:

Being a Kiwi I'm sure you must have relations over in Oz :)

Maybe they can buy it for you?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/pc-games/football-manager-2019/324787/

expat pom!

Anyway, to wrap up the story, lovely wifey got hold of an old friend in the UK who was coming over for Xmas - not to see us - and got them to buy & bring. So, got the disc!

Installing as I type.

So, it appears there is a geographic lock on the disc I have which is from the UK. The activation code gives me this:

Capture.PNG.085e2870d616e93a0eb903796a074b55.PNG

Any ideas?

I would give the sega support a call but don;t think they will be available .

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Snorks:

So, it appears there is a geographic lock on the disc I have which is from the UK. The activation code gives me this:

Any ideas?

This happens when you use Activate a Product on Steam?

25 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Any ideas?

I think the discs are region only, so yea, you'd have to use a VPN to get onto Steam via a EU IP, and activate the code then. It should work fine after that.

33 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, this happens because the code is region specific- I have had the same issue here in OZ. Clearly, we cannot give you specific advice on how to get around that on the forum, but maybe someone who has already posted has already;)

On 23/12/2018 at 13:44, JordanMillward_1 said:

Did it work?

yup - fortunately bro-in-law was here and he knows about stuff like that, whereas I am pretty useless. He downloaded steam and we activated through his laptop.

On 27/12/2018 at 13:35, Snorks said:

yup - fortunately bro-in-law was here and he knows about stuff like that, whereas I am pretty useless. He downloaded steam and we activated through his laptop.

Nice one. I'm English living in NZ too and was a little bit of a purist having the hard collection. But i love using Steam now, makes me able to buy and download without the guilt of physically handing my money over :-)

Where in NZ are you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2019 at 13:02, SpazzyMcGhee said:

Where in NZ are you?

Tauranga - you?

It was only really because the daughter gives it to me every year on my birthday - hence having something to unwrap!

Maybe now I'll be able to get it on release instead of waiting nearly two months lol

Archived