Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best tactic I have used this year has the been the 4231 with the 3 AM's on Attack.  The only issue I have had with it has been the striker's goal return.  Only two seasons from 10 or 12 has the striker returned 30+ goals.  I get plenty of goals from elsewhere and with Union Berlin I won the League and Champions League double so I am definitely nit-picking but just wondered if I am using the wrong types of players.  I have had high quality like Youssoufa Moukoko but he still struggled to get much in the 20's and the match ratings are often the worst in the team.

I might need to accept that it just works in a different way but I wanted to see if anyone has had similar or has any advice?  Also want to avoid paying stupid money on strikers if it is not needed!

MUFC Season 3 | Heartbreaker 4231

Returned to Hertbreaker 4231 for this season and finally did the treble.

@knap congratulations, first time I have won the Prem and UCL for three seasons running from season 1 in non-game engine breaking FM. All tactics are amazing.

Includes probably my favourite result of beating Liverpool 10-0 with a UCL final demolition of Real Madrid.

My MUFC squad is very good but young, by no means the best team you can create so this tactic can go to the moon.

Competitions.png

liv 10-0.png

rmd 5-1.png

squad.png

13 minutes ago, AaronRedDevil said:

MUFC Season 3 | Heartbreaker 4231

Returned to Hertbreaker 4231 for this season and finally did the treble.

@knap congratulations, first time I have won the Prem and UCL for three seasons running from season 1 in non-game engine breaking FM. All tactics are amazing.

Includes probably my favourite result of beating Liverpool 10-0 with a UCL final demolition of Real Madrid.

My MUFC squad is very good but young, by no means the best team you can create so this tactic can go to the moon.

Competitions.png

liv 10-0.png

rmd 5-1.png

squad.png

which version of heartbreaker did you use

only got the game a few days ago. first season on fm 24 i absolutely smashed the VNN with gloucester. i think it's probably the highest points total i've had in lower leagues and i've been playing fm since 2005. my team isn't even that good. also got to the 3rd round of the fa cup but lost to man utd. using heartbreaker 4231 very attacking. cheers knap!

image.thumb.jpeg.fc2efae28246fc274f8437fcfeeda568.jpeg

2 hours ago, caldgrah said:

which version of heartbreaker did you use

ME24.2HEARTBREAKERKnap4231MCP104ALLCUPS

For tougher away games I used "ME24.2WOFKnap451ATTMCP102ALLCUPS" but the UCL final, I started in that and was not controlling the game, as soon as I went 0-1 I change to Heartbreaker and destroyed PSG.

I strongly suggest also using the setpieces, I was using MC40

Good Afternoon Knap. 

I have been using this tactic to great effect with West Brom. Won promotion and the FA Cup first season. Then won the Europa and FA Cup again second season.

The tactic seems to work great at Home. I have some bad results away sometimes. I was wondering, do you change the mentality. Ie go cautious or defensive against the top 4 ie Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc.

What would you advise. Or what tactic would you play against these sides.

By the way im playing it on FM24 console PS5 

Screenshot_20240103_130139_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Baggie1979

Tweaks  I would try, and basically how I set up control SUS tactics

Reduce mentality

mid block

reduce runs WBs DMs

I use above  to control games

Reduce counter press and counter

Use Player OIs, not position.

Use AM OIs

So you'd advise a mid block for away games with this tactic. Plus use assistant managers opposition instructions. Plus individual player instructions from your assistant??

I'll try 

Update lost 5-3 to Man City. Played well mind. Do you advise using the opposition instructions from your assistant or not ??

4 hours ago, knap said:

Tweaks  I would try, and basically how I set up control SUS tactics

Reduce mentality

mid block

reduce runs WBs DMs

I use above  to control games

Reduce counter press and counter

Use Player OIs, not position.

Use AM OIs

How do you reduce the mentality ??

I cabmn do the mid block 

How do you reduce the runs WBS DMS

When you say reduce counter press and counter. Do you mean take them off and remove 

What do you mean hy Use OIS not position.

Do you mean use what your assistant advises ?? 

@Baggie1979

I often use Defensive

Move press down

Change to defend

Full Change is  regroup and hold shape

OI Screen has 2 sub headings

AM will  suggest OIs to use

Hey @knap,

Amazing work in this thread, tactics are brilliant, I wonder with the HUB test results sheet is there a way to filter results by instead of just against big favourites OR against favourites OR against even OR against underdogs, is there a way to filter results by say against big favourites AND against favourites or against even AND against underdogs etc.

For now I have been doing it manually on an excel sheet, by grabbing all the results from the 2 or 3 categories I want and adding them all together and then filtering on that.

Keep up the great work, cheers.

Edited by RKJ

image.thumb.png.79fedc865c554ac553828bd8e0c7fb63.png

Just managed to scrape the league in my first season back in the PL after bringing Luton back up.

Using different variants of the 4231 depending on if I needed a goal etc.

Must admit though I had to change tactic for the last few games of the season as I hit a stinking patch of form right in the run in but managed to get over the line in the end :D

First time I ever achieved this first season in the prem in any FM.

17 ore fa, Baggie1979 ha scritto:

So you'd advise a mid block for away games with this tactic. Plus use assistant managers opposition instructions. Plus individual player instructions from your assistant??

I'll try 

Update lost 5-3 to Man City. Played well mind. Do you advise using the opposition instructions from your assistant or not ??

What do you mean with mid block?

Sorry to not get it but English is not my native languague.

12 minutes ago, Ansastor said:

The sp still work for you guys ? 

I dont score anymore width those, and i have good head players

Not had very much success with them either. I'm not really sure which lists to set priorities and which to leave and whether selecting corner takers nerfs the routines!

Edited by monsalai

12 minutes ago, Ansastor said:

The sp still work for you guys ? 

I dont score anymore width those, and i have good head players

for me no.. :( only if u have team like city, arsenal ect..who the jumping /heading is greater than 15-16. so i can say 100% that the current SP are really bad.  not consisstent at all