FM09: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread: Spurs

Thandui

Just stared a new game with Spurs

So far (still in August 2008) I've bought Huntelaar (£15m), Veloso (£12m) and Marcello (£4.4m)

I've sold Stalteri and Rocha.

I'm amazed to read Bostock isn't a -9. Is this true even with the patch? If so that's poor research.

Still looking forward to some entertaining few weeks with the new game!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, my game still hasn't arrived. So i've been trying to stay away from the forums and reading about the official game, but I can't help myself. Played the demo quite a bit, as my beloved Spurs, and like most, struggled with a formation and getting players to score goals. Was wondering if anyone had managed to find a carbon copy of the 4-4-1-1 we've been playing under 'Arry with Modric playing in that free role between midfield and the lone striker?? Things improved after I read all about the Mentality playing a big part this year, and the Free Role tending not to work on AMCs, but im still hoping someone has been able to find that formation, where we can use the undeniable talents of Luka to our advantage??? COYS!

Just stared a new game with Spurs

So far (still in August 2008) I've bought Huntelaar (£15m), Veloso (£12m) and Marcello (£4.4m)

I've sold Stalteri and Rocha.

I'm amazed to read Bostock isn't a -9. Is this true even with the patch? If so that's poor research.

Still looking forward to some entertaining few weeks with the new game!

Bostock is -9 along with Danny Rose, Bale and possible Parrett

I made Troy Archibald Henville a -9 as well because he is meant to be our new Ledders hopefully

Hi fellow spurs people (you may not all be fans)

Anyway I'm into February of 1st season, started really well winning first 4 games (although against fulham,stoke,boro and west brom) had a few problems after that, 1 win in 6 but now find myself in 8th.

I play a general 4-4-2 and setting instructions based on on one of the great guides provided elsewhere on forum which have improved in last 7-8 games I've used it.

Main team - Gomes

Hutton Corluka King Bale

Lennon/Bentley Zokoar/Hudd Modric/Jenas Gilberto/Arshavin

Bent Pav/Campbell

Sold woody to Villa for 11.5 mil so couldnt turn that down really, obviosuly got arshavin for 11 mil. Also got seitaridis from ath madrid (right back/mr) good stats and really only backup for hutton but in his 12 games only av 6.71 so not over impressed.

I saw someone above sold Lennon and Zokora but for me they've been the better of the players ( 2 of 7 with av over 7) cant wait to chat with you all

Tottenham > Season 1 > First Market > 9.1.0

Hi guys need a bit of advice. Im looking for a right back for my Spurs side as Hutton starts injured and then he is my only RB ready for the first team (I like to play Corluka at CB). I can get Nicolas N'Koulou or Mickael Chretien both for £7m. N'Koulou appeals because he looks fairly good and at 18 with a PA of -8 he could have a good future. Chretien has better stats but is 24. Im not sure who to go for, i have had both bids accepted one is on contract and the other has been delayed.

Which one should I sign ? Or is there somebody much better and maybe cheaper ?

Quick replies would be much appreciated as I can then progress with my season.

Thanks, Dong.

I am definately interested in bringing the clubs good youngsters through but I don't feel Gunter is ready yet for Premier League and UEFA cup matches. Has anybody given my two potential right backs a look ?

Any advice much appreciated.

I am definately interested in bringing the clubs good youngsters through but I don't feel Gunter is ready yet for Premier League and UEFA cup matches. Has anybody given my two potential right backs a look ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Take a look at:

Pjanic, jovetic, assulin, caceres, and diego capel. All good youngsters. See what you think.

Right, it might have taken me ages to get through pre-season but I think it will be worth it as I like the shape the squad is now in

GK: Gomes

DL: Bale

DC: King

DC: Woodgate

DR: Corluka

ML: Modric

MC: Miguel Veloso (£12.5M from Sporting CP)

MC: Camacho (£8M from Ath Madrid)

MR: Bentley

FC: Pavlyuchenko

FC: Cardozo (£7.5M from Benfica

Subs: Cesar, Leo (£8M from Gremio (20 yo DC), Huddlestone, Dos Santos & Campbell

Sold Jenas, Zokora and Stalteri for a combined £13M whilst the four new players above cost £35.5M.

Also have Oscar from Sao Paulo, Gerson from Gremio and Galvan from Cruz Azul turning up once they reach 18.

Hi fellow spurs people (you may not all be fans)

Anyway I'm into February of 1st season, started really well winning first 4 games (although against fulham,stoke,boro and west brom) had a few problems after that, 1 win in 6 but now find myself in 8th.

I play a general 4-4-2 and setting instructions based on on one of the great guides provided elsewhere on forum which have improved in last 7-8 games I've used it.

Main team - Gomes

Hutton Corluka King Bale

Lennon/Bentley Zokoar/Hudd Modric/Jenas Gilberto/Arshavin

Bent Pav/Campbell

Sold woody to Villa for 11.5 mil so couldnt turn that down really, obviosuly got arshavin for 11 mil. Also got seitaridis from ath madrid (right back/mr) good stats and really only backup for hutton but in his 12 games only av 6.71 so not over impressed.

I saw someone above sold Lennon and Zokora but for me they've been the better of the players ( 2 of 7 with av over 7) cant wait to chat with you all

Oh well I've followed ramos out the door. I finished 9th in first season so not the worse postion in the world

Sold Bentley for 25 mil which was great given Lennon did well for me and I had Arshavin for the right.

Sold Gio dos santos and got in matias fernandez with 1 mil profit so I thought that was ok. Got in craig gordon as backup gk for only 4.7 mil so end of day I felt very good going into new season.

However after 14 games (i.e. about this stage of season in real life) i won 3 drew 5 and lost 7 so that was that.

Any help or tactics people are using and have got spurs CL football would be much appreciated. I'm actually really gutted

I think you've sold too many of your good players such as Bentley, Woodgate and Dos Santos whilst keeping weaker players like Zokora, Jenas, Gilberto and Campbell. Look to get another MC with real class such as Veloso from Sporting CP and Marcelo from Real Madrid.

There should be nothing wrong with your tactics though, good ol' 4-4-2 has seen me through many versions of this game :)

IN:

obertan, 8m

mattock, 3m

di maria, 6m

gignac, 5.25m

diarra 11.25

zambelli 1.1

emerson - loan

miranda 13m

....and benzema 6.5

out:

bent 7.25

dawson 6

rocha 1.1

zokora 5

BAE 4

huddlestone 7.25

the benzema thing was totally random and unexpected, he fell out with their coach about lyon having sold toulalan to real madrid. they offered him to every team for 6.5m and he chose me for some bizarre reason. i'm pretty sure no other huge CL team got offered him though, what luck..

playing 4-2-3-1

gomes

hutton, woodgate, miranda, bale

emerson (dmlc)

diarra (mrc)

bentley(amr) modric (amc) di maria (aml)

benzema (fc) or the other two as STs.

pav / gignac / dos santos / obertan / jenas/ o hara / zambelli / mattock / king / alnwick / cesar all providing back up duty

Just got through pre-season (took forever thanks to having a huge overhaul of the backroom staff and setting up tactics and training). First game of the season home to Pompey as soon as I get home from work.

In...

Diarra

Veloso

Van Bronckhorst (hoping he'll take the pressure of Bale for two seasons before retiring)

Arshavin

Ochoa (Great keeper, just 3.5m and as good as Gomes, but happy to be back up)

Out...

Jenas

Stalteri

K-P B

Rocha

Zokora

I've lost Friazer Campbell with a serious injury so sent him back to Utd, which is a bit gutting and leaves me light up top. Any good Loaners out there? I missed out on Gudjohnsen.

Hoping to play...

Gomes

Corluka / King / Woodgate / Van Bronckhorst

Veloso (DM)

Diarra / Modric

Bentely (RW) / Arshavin (LW)

Pavlyuchenko

wish me luck!

Only 7 games into my first season as spurs boss but i have yet to lose a game! (i know it's only a matter of time!). Got wins over Bolton, Hull in the league, Salzburg in the UEFA Cup and Palace in the League Cup whilst getting draws against W.B.A., Everton and Chelsea at their ground.

Bought in: Veloso, Leo (from Gremio), Eduardo (from Botofogo) and Acosta (from Sevilla). Also got Galavan, Hummels and Santana coming later.

Out: Rocha, Boatang, Stalteri and Ekotto. Still trying to get rid of Ghaly!

1st team line up:

Gomes

Hutton, King, Woodgate, Bale

Bentley, Veloso, Modric (in a free role), Dos Santos

Roman P and Bent.

Roman and Modric seem to be on fire at the mo, whilst Jenas (when he plays) is having a mare!

Try looking at Oscar Cardozo! ST from benfica, Spurs struggle with having a team which is weak in the air, use him as a target man (to head) and he gets assists galore. Still can't seem to win though! defence must be the real problem

Sup boys?

Started my Tottenham campaign reasonabaly, the low points losing to Arsenal 2-0 and Newcastle 5-2.

We have played 4 won 2 lost 2, win's coming against Hull City and Sunderland recently which shows the team are starting to gel, Roman really hit form in the Sunderland games scoring a good hat-trick to make his mark. Here is my transfers...

In:

Saivet - 5.75 M

Evseev - 2.9 M

Giovinco - 11.25 M

Huntelaar - 17.75 M

Enyeama - 275 K

Kadlec - Free

Total - 38 M

Out:

Assou Ekotto - 3 M

Lennon - 3.5 M

Stalteri - 425 K

Dawson - 3.6 M

Total - 10.5 M

And this is how im set up...

-------------Gomes--------------

--Corluka ---- King --- Woodgate ---- Bale

Dos Santos - Modric - Huddlestone - Geovinco

----------- Bent ----Pavlyuchenko----------

As you can see their is no Huntelaar, he picked up an injury earlier in the season, should be back in a few weeks.

Ok well I'm starting to relized that my beloved Jenas can't be in my sqaud. I'm going to sell heavy but I wanted to know what you all thought about me bringing in people like Gareth Barry, Scott Parker, and Kranjcar, and probably Defoe. What do you all think of those 4 signings. Yes big money will be needed to get them but thats what I need. Also I wanted to bring in some clutch youth talent. English preferably. I like Adam Laanna(Spelled it wrong)he plays for Southampton. I want like an all english team and I want players that want to play for the shirt like Parker and Barry. Whom else would you guys suggest I bring in. I really want people that are good to high quality that have a want to play for Spurs. Thanks. Also coaching staff. Who might you suggest???

Ok well I'm waiting for one more day until the game arrives in America but I did have some ideas of some players I want to see at Spurs.

Gareth Barry:??

Scott Parker:??

Jermain Defoe:??

Niko Kranjcar:??

Joe Mattock:??

Adam Lallana:??

Ok I wanted Barry and Parker because they have a love for spurs and I want to try and get some of that passion and leadership on the team. Jermain for obvious reasons, and Kranjcar cause he is an absolute talent. Well let me know thanks guys. The last 2 simply they are going to be mint in a couple of years. Mattock will cost a pretty penny but well worth it. Also I was thinking about Joe Ledley. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the repost but I had a thread deleted by a mod which forced me to come here and take part in asking in here rather then getting an overall idea from many different people. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

IN:

obertan, 8m

mattock, 3m

di maria, 6m

gignac, 5.25m

diarra 11.25

zambelli 1.1

emerson - loan

miranda 13m

....and benzema 6.5

out:

bent 7.25

dawson 6

rocha 1.1

zokora 5

BAE 4

huddlestone 7.25

the benzema thing was totally random and unexpected, he fell out with their coach about lyon having sold toulalan to real madrid. they offered him to every team for 6.5m and he chose me for some bizarre reason. i'm pretty sure no other huge CL team got offered him though, what luck..

playing 4-2-3-1

gomes

hutton, woodgate, miranda, bale

emerson (dmlc)

diarra (mrc)

bentley(amr) modric (amc) di maria (aml)

benzema (fc) or the other two as STs.

pav / gignac / dos santos / obertan / jenas/ o hara / zambelli / mattock / king / alnwick / cesar all providing back up duty

Wow!!!!best of luck mate...

my starting 11 with spurs (4-1-4-1)..

gk. gomes.

dr. corluka.

dc. woodgate.

dc. king.

dl. bale.

dml. miguel veloso. (bought him from sporting, he's great in all aspects of attributes).

mc. defour. (bought him from standard, not the most skillfull with the ball, but got a good head on his shoulders).

amr. bentley.

amc. modric/arshavin. (bought arshavin from zenit in order to play alongside pavlyuchenko, but him as a fc didn't go too well).

aml. arshavin/modric.

st. pavlyuchenko.

having a very average first season so far..

hoping to sell all the useless first team players in january and get a better striker cause pav. ain't scoring.

enders357 - Cordozo will put you back £7.5M but should last you got a number of years and is good enough for CL level

shakespeareskid - Good to see someone else got Leo as well, how have you found him so far?

At the moment i only play him in the League Cup, a couple of matches in Europe and the same in the League. But he has always got a 7 or over so i'm pretty happy with him. How you finding him? How's the season going for you? Had a bit of a mare in the League with losses against Fulham, Villa and Man City but yet beat Liverpool in the league and drew against them in the Cup! Typical Spurs really!!

If you offer Jenas about for £17m, Man City bid for him - Bite their hand off! Pirlo in! Wahoo

WOW, which patch are you playing?

My plan for the team: (playing with the new patch)

Goalkeeper:

Gomes is great, maybe get a cheap backup or loan in someone for the first season, since im not too happy with the backup goalkeepers. Lots of great goalkeepers available through loan, and you dont have to pay anything, so its no big problem unless you plan to loan many players in other positions.

Defence:

Bale is a great talent, but might be a bit unstable sometimes. Still not worth to use your funds on a DL. Sell BAE for about 3-4m£

For the central defenders, Woody is great, King and Corluka is ok. Buy a talent or loan a backup, nice with a high potential talent since none of the players here is young.

For the DR i dont think Hutton is too great. Give Gunter a chance. There is also a great DR/MR talent at Inter which is available for about 1m£, really high potential. If you get him you can train Gunter to play both DR and DL and you got all the wing backs you need to dominate in PL for like 15 seasons. Belletti is also great, and quite cheap, but he is a Chelsea player, so the fans might not like it to well if you sign him.

Midfield:

Bentley, Gio and Modric is great. Ok to sell the rest of them, but some of them are ok for backup. Lennon is ok, but it depends on how you play. If you let him use his speed and dribbling to challenge players, he is great, but he is not a great crosser.

Diarra, Veloso, Arshavin, Beckham, Palombo, Camacho are great buys here. Also some talents, dont remember names really, but i can come back with more names.

Attack:

Ok players, not great, but ok. If you plan to give the team some time to develop and play lots of talents, i would recommend Sturridge and Saivet. They are great and cheap, and Ballotelli if you can get him.

If you want to use good crossers (Bentley and Beckham would be great) then getting Palermo would be great. He is available for 2m£ and is a great target man, but he is very old. Kikin Fonseca is great too.

Staff:

Fire nearly all your staff. You wont get top staff for all positions. The board also block some of my terminations because it is to costly, very annyoing, as i cant get rid of the crappy ass. man.

Formations:

Want to play 4-4-2, but might want to use Modric behind two pacey strikers. Or a 4-4-1-1 with Modric and a target man. Havent really decided. If i buy Veloso i would play a diamond and use him as a deep playmaker

My record is 19s as Exeter and 20s as Tottenham ;-)

Am finding Leo is good, King has been injured (surprise, surprise) and I play Corluka as DR so played him for a few games in a row and it well well.

Not finding Veloso as good as I expected, same with Camachi - however both are young and it could be just teething issues.

Modric is amazing, 7 goals so far this season :D He's my top scorer which shows how my strikers are failing to score often enough.

Well I'm trying again to get spurs CL football. 1st time I got the boot in 2nd season having got 9th in 1st season but 3 wins from 14 in 2nd year I had to go. I tried 442kop tactic posted elsewhere but my next port of call is kimz given they were the best in fm08. For info I saw on one thread that you can offer Jenas for 17 mil and Man city do bid for him, yes i got 17 MIL FOR JENAS!!!

Mind you I have lost first game 1-0 to Villa and then drew 0-0 home to bolton so not great start but then again when have spurs ever started well!

Mid season report:

Position: 5th

Right, so winning the league in my first season is a tad unlikely now but CL qualification is still good enough for me this time around. Things look good at the back with all defenders and keeper doing well, even youth purchase Leo is doing well. Midfield is a bit worse, wingers Modric and Bentley are doing well but anyone playing as MC isn't which lets the team down. The main concern is up front with Cordozo doing all right but nothing special, with Bent, Pav and Campbell all doing poor.

So what to do next - looking to sell Bent quickly and with the £11 million I've recently raised via sales of Dawson, Lennon and some youths, will look to buy a nice young striker who can score often.

i prefer diarra to the other two, because whilst their price ranges and ability are generally similar it feels more authentic because he IS as good as he is on the game as real life which can't be said about the other two at all.

for centre back, i went for 'miranda' a 23yo brazilian who has helped me shore up my defence. i'm currently 3rd (1pt off 2nd) and in april. left back i bought mattock for 3m and alternate with bale. forwards: rossi, gignac, cardozo, liedson, pogrebnaybak, milevyski are all quite good.

Here are some of my current players in and out in my first year before the January window.

In:

Jermain Defoe 15.5 mill US

J.Lescott:22 Mil US

Phil Neville(Was offered him by everton):5 mil US.

Scott Parker:28 mil US

Adam Lallana:3.2 Mil US clauses included

John fleck:6.25 mil US

Daniel Sturridge:6.25 mil US

Total:87 mil.

Out:

Zokora: 7 Mil US

Jenas:17.25 Mil US

Dawson:6 Mil US

BAE:6 Mil US

Salteri:850K US

Total:37 Mil

By the way 2 loan signings as well. So what do you all think?

Just got to January currentliy 3rd in the league beasting man u livperpool and drawing with arsenal chelsea. In the final of the league cup against blackburn beasting liverpool and chelsea.

Transfers

Players Out

Lennon - Stoke - 7.5mil to buy

Bent - Boro 8.75 mil

Pavlyuchenko - Man city 25 mil

Jenas - Man City 16.5 mil

Zakora - Newcastle 2.6 mil

Ekotto - Stoke 3.1 mil

Rocha - Preston 1.1 mil

Players In

De Silvestri - 10 mil 24 months

Veloso - 1.5 mil and 10 mil over 24 months

Rosi - 7.5 mil and 7.5 mil over 24 months

Huntelaar - 5 mil and 10 mil over 24 months

Rosina - 7 mil over 24 months

Santa Cruz - 11 mill

Defour - 15 mil 24 months

Has no one noticed yet that if man city are interested in one of your players you can basically name your price?

I am starting a game with Spurs and i hope to sell Jenas for good cash if they are interested.

But on a side note i had a game with Palace going and 1 week into the game i offered Speroni to Man City for 15 Million and they bid it !!

He was worth 650k.

i finished my first season. ended 3rd in the league (1pt off 2nd - chelsea, 4 ahead of arsenal). won the uefa cup. lost in semis of carling and fa.

in the summer of 09 i've been given a mighty warchest of...10m. i've noticed nearly my entire team are 'wanted', i decided tocut my losses and offer modric and bentley out to clubs - and i've got bids! 45m for modric from barcelona and arsenal, 40m for bentley from chelsea and city. incredible!

Hey guys, fellow Spurs fan here. Started my first game as Spurs (of course) but as always with the first game it's a bit muddled. Team is a bit inconsistent and didn't get in all the players I would have liked. Tactics are a problem too, my strikers don't seem to be scoring enough goals. I think I'm going to start again and hopefully have a better idea this time.

Just wondering how you guys are managing to sign the likes of Camacho/Palombo/Balotelli etc. They weren't interested in coming when I tried. Is this pre-patch?

Archived