FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's no more cheating than taking control of Man Utd from the start. It's all fantasy. People enjoy the game in different ways.
But there wouldn't be much of a game if you couldn't take over Man Utd for example. Part of the game is to build up your reputation, not get it handed to you at the start.

Sorry I'm new to this forum and I do apologise for any trouble I have caused, I just thought because they were in another thread it was common knowledge. Sorry again:(

It's not a problem fella :thup:

The reason threads like the PA list exist is because people have a choice weather to click and read that thread or not, however in a club thread people don't necessary know people will post PA/CA etc hence the reason for spoiler tags so those who don't wish to know wont know. No need to apologise, but for future you know now :)

Provided you have the game and installed it should be in the sports interactive FM09 folder when going from start > all programs etc.

That's just it, I don't have a SI-FM09 folder in 'All Programs'. I installed the game through Steam, I'm not sure whether it's different or not.

Provided you have the game and installed it should be in the sports interactive FM09 folder when going from start > all programs etc.
It's in C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\

Fantastic! Thanks for your help mate.

Hi all.

Great thread, really well layed out and explained, congratulations on a great job.

Anyway, started my first FM09 game, as Man Utd, have had loads of bids come in for Tevez. I have kept knocking them back but the latest one, 26m from Real Madrid, is testing me. Anyone an idea how good he gets/performs? Is that a good offer for him, and if I sell who do I replace him with - was looking at David Villa.

On a side note I bid for Michael Owen and my 3.5m offer was accepted- bargin I thought. When I went to offer him a contract he want 120k p/w, which I was unsure of as he was only going to be a rotational player - but he also wanted 45k apperance money! No way.

Hi all.

Great thread, really well layed out and explained, congratulations on a great job.

Anyway, started my first FM09 game, as Man Utd, have had loads of bids come in for Tevez. I have kept knocking them back but the latest one, 26m from Real Madrid, is testing me. Anyone an idea how good he gets/performs? Is that a good offer for him, and if I sell who do I replace him with - was looking at David Villa.

On a side note I bid for Michael Owen and my 3.5m offer was accepted- bargin I thought. When I went to offer him a contract he want 120k p/w, which I was unsure of as he was only going to be a rotational player - but he also wanted 45k apperance money! No way.

I'd go with aguero, I know the demo may be different to the full game, but I got him for 38mill I think, bargain for the player he is, alternatively, try henry, or rossi

Is Tevez worth keeping for 30 million, because 30 million according to others can get you Sergio Aguero. Gutted I can't start my save tonight because of Play.com's inconsistent delivery, on my demo I'm City and Manucho is pretty good (well better than what I'd of thought) for United 5 goals in something like 8 starts 3 sub's in the league, is he worth keeping or should i take 3/4 million for him and run?

Im at United on it.

Rooney and Berbatov just dont perform for me.

Then again, neither do the rest of my team.

Tevez started the season with 2 goals in 2 games, has played poor since.

At one time had Rooney, Tevez, Carrick, Ronaldo, Park, Hargreaves, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown and O'Shea all injured :(

Bought : Veloso, Fernandez, Larsson (just because he was £100k and needed a striker), Sakho

Sold : Nobody.

First Choice Lineup.

----------------Van Der Sar

Neville------Ferdinand------Vidic------Evra

Ronaldo-----Carrick-------Scholes-----Nani

-------------Rooney-------Berbatov

Subs

Foster

Brown

Veloso

Fernandez

Anderson

Larsson

Tevez

Hmmm more on Tevez....

Just been offered 22.5mil + Javier Saviola, what you guys think? It's very tempting considering how cash-strapped (relatively) we are.

I got rid of practically the whole backroom staff, only the best left - and Ole lol I couldn't bring myself to fire him.

Neri as Ass Man.

Hi all, started a game with United as per usual. First off I got rid of most of the coaching/scouting/physio staff and replaced with the best available (which isn't great).

Anyway I've sold Fletcher (21.5million - Spurs) O'shea (5million - Spurs) Kuzsack (3.3 million - City) Park (5 million- Boro) Manchuo (525k loan with 4 million in 12 months) and a few reserves that were going out of contract for 100k each

With this and managing budgets and asking for more I've signed Balotelli 17 million Aguero 30 million Saivet 2.2 million Baxter 1.1 million and Fausto Rossi

---------------VDS

---Neville----Rio-----Vidic----Evra

----------Carrick---Scholes---------

Ronaldo------------------------Giggs/Nani

-----------Berbatov----Rooney

Subs Aguero, Tevez, Fabio, Anderson, Foster, Evans, Baloteli

Hmmm more on Tevez....

Just been offered 22.5mil + Javier Saviola, what you guys think? It's very tempting considering how cash-strapped (relatively) we are.

I got rid of practically the whole backroom staff, only the best left - and Ole lol I couldn't bring myself to fire him.

Neri as Ass Man.

davehanson/Lawrie

I haen't used Tevez on this game as he picked up a long term injury but imo his attributes look great so i would personally not sell. Only sell if you get £30m+ and can buy someone better such as Villa or Aguero.

And Hendo9 I would not have a massive concern if the attacking players are getting 6. ratings but scoring and assisting aswell. If they are not doing that then some more information would be nice ie. what formation your using?

ok im 19 games in and doing quite well 15 wins 3 draws and a carling cup defeat, scoring 42 and conceding just 14. Im sitting 2nd in the league with a game in hand and have won the Community shield and the Super Cup.

Berbatov 11(3) 4 goals and 6 assists 7.02

Tevez 8(5) 3 goals and 3 assists 7.00

Nani 10 4 goals and 4 assists 7.57

Ronaldo 13 9 goals and 6 assits 7.52

Ageuro 6 (4) 6 goals and 1 assist 7.11

Balotelli 6 (3) 4 goals and 1 assist 7.17

Rooney 13 (1) 5 goals and 5 assists 7.12

Been playing Ronaldo with a free role AMR Tevez, Rooney and Balotelli all playing both AML and strikers. Berbatov seems to play better when in a central strikers role

davehanson/Lawrie

And Hendo9 I would not have a massive concern if the attacking players are getting 6. ratings but scoring and assisting aswell. If they are not doing that then some more information would be nice ie. what formation your using?

Nope theyre not scoring for ****.

Name : Carlos Tevez

Played : 23 (16)

Goals : 10

Average Rating : 6.56

Name : Wayne Rooney

Played : 24 (2)

Scored : 6

Average Rating : 6.72

Name : Dimitar Berbatov

Played : 28 (9)

Scored : 7

Average Rating : 6.51

Prem Stats

Position : 10th

Played : 25

Won : 8

Drew : 12

Lost : 5

For : 29

Against : 24

GD : +5

Obvious my team just cant score goals

Cant win matches

Cant even create chances, and its so unrealistic!

A team with Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov/Carrick/Scholes/Anderson/Ronaldo/Nani/Park/Giggs etc should be creating chances, but no, I lose to Stoke doing absolutely nothing in the game, draw back to back home games with West Brom and Hull (19th and 20th)

I played a 4-4-2 but then changed to a 4-2-3-2

Current Lineup : Feb 09

-----------------------Van Der Sar

Rafinha--------Ferdinand----------Vidic-------Evra

---------------Carrick--------Veloso

Ronaldo-------------Rooney---------Dos Santos

--------------------Berbatov

B

Yeah, Rossi's probably the best short term bet if he's around £10m. Is that due to a buy-back clause? Surely he can't be worth only that much?

He has a release clause of £9.25m. A snipe at that price tbh

Having only played FM2007 in full beforehand, i found some problems with the transfer system with people wanting 2x and beyond the value of any player i go for.

I was pleased in the demo to find this had been addressed somewhat but in the full game i tried going for balotelli and rossi, thinking that theyd be steal as on the demo (GBP13.25m and GBP9.25m respectively) however inter want 30million+ for Balotelli and Rossi's Release clause is 122 million

ill negotiate for rossi, but not for balotelli (inters asking price actualy ROSE to over 30m when i tried to)

anyone else have this problem?

Nope theyre not scoring for ****.

Name : Carlos Tevez

Played : 23 (16)

Goals : 10

Average Rating : 6.56

Name : Wayne Rooney

Played : 24 (2)

Scored : 6

Average Rating : 6.72

Name : Dimitar Berbatov

Played : 28 (9)

Scored : 7

Average Rating : 6.51

Prem Stats

Position : 10th

Played : 25

Won : 8

Drew : 12

Lost : 5

For : 29

Against : 24

GD : +5

Obvious my team just cant score goals

Cant win matches

Cant even create chances, and its so unrealistic!

A team with Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov/Carrick/Scholes/Anderson/Ronaldo/Nani/Park/Giggs etc should be creating chances, but no, I lose to Stoke doing absolutely nothing in the game, draw back to back home games with West Brom and Hull (19th and 20th)

I played a 4-4-2 but then changed to a 4-2-3-2

Current Lineup : Feb 09

-----------------------Van Der Sar

Rafinha--------Ferdinand----------Vidic-------Evra

---------------Carrick--------Veloso

Ronaldo-----------Van Der Vaart---------Dos Santos

-------------Rooney------------Berbatov

B

you cant fail with this, twelve players on the pitch, i like it

Having only played FM2007 in full beforehand, i found some problems with the transfer system with people wanting 2x and beyond the value of any player i go for.

I was pleased in the demo to find this had been addressed somewhat but in the full game i tried going for balotelli and rossi, thinking that theyd be steal as on the demo (GBP13.25m and GBP9.25m respectively) however inter want 30million+ for Balotelli and Rossi's Release clause is 122 million

ill negotiate for rossi, but not for balotelli (inters asking price actualy ROSE to over 30m when i tried to)

anyone else have this problem?

I got him for 14 from inter at the start of the game. Potential to be better than Ronaldo

Hi all, Just started with Man Utd, this is where i am at the end of the transfer window:

Transfers In:

Veloso 11.75m

Moutinho 11.75m

Riquelme 13m

Aguero 41m

Zhirkov 11m

Sakho 7.25m

Camacho 7.25m

Transfers Out

Carrick 20m -Tottenham

Kuszczak 6m - Man City

Tevez 27m - Real madrid

Fletcher 15m - Man City

Hargreaves 15m - Ath Madrid

Park 9.5m - Man City

I play a 4-2-3-1 system with the team looking like this

Gk: VanDS/Foster

Dr: Brown/Neville

Dl: Evra/Oshea

Dc:Ferdinand/Evans

Dc:Vidic/Sakho

Mc:Veloso/Camacho

Mc:Scholes/Moutinho

AmR:Ronaldo/Nani

Aml:Zhirkov/Giggs

Amc:Riquelme/Rooney

St: Aguero/Berba

P.S I changed the asst manager i bought Valter Di Salvo back from real madrid and demoted Mike Phelan back to a coach.

Just started playing and I have 13 players on the pitch...

weirdfp4.th.jpgthpix.gif

13 players and still only drawing 0-0 with pompey after nearly 60 mins?

thats not good enough :D

and regarding the bug, i think many other people have experienced a similar thing. They may try to release another patch to fix this im not sure though

Anyway I've finished my demo game. Did quite well considering the number of injuries that I had to suffer with. Was joint 1st in the Premier League with Chelsea after a slow start while experimenting with tactics. Of the players I bought Balotelli and Diarra were both excellent with Balotelli providing useful cover for AMRL and ST. Diarra is a beast, dominates the midfield and can provide good cover for DR. Definitely recommend the two of them; shame that their prices have gone up in the full game ;). My other signing Rossi was quite dissapointing only grabbing 5 goals but he was mainly a subsitute anyway.

Going to start another demo game but will buy different players before buying the full game.

Started up my new game

Park Ji-Sung in the reserves, moved to first team instantly.

Formation

4-3-2-1

GK: VDS

RB: W.Brown he is just faster and better than Neville in my opinion.

LB: Evra Fantastic

CB: Vidic and Ferdi (might bring in Carceres from Barca for cheap?)

CM: Carrick/hargreaves (barrow to DM)

MR: Ronaldo/Nani (farrow to AMR)

ML:Giggs/Nani (farrow to AML)

AM: W.Rooney/Scholes (Farrow to ST)

AM: Anderson/Tevez (Farrow to ST)

ST: Berbatov/Manucho/Tevez (Target man)

Won CS easy 3-0, then Man City first game, Dominated Berbatov opened the scoring then 10 mins from time after they pressured me Rio gave it to Hamsik who was 35 yards out and he scored with his second touch VDS just stood still.

Fabio, Possebon and Rafael Look dissapointing but lotsa time to improve.

Targets:Toni Kroos, Carceres

Sell? : I got an 18mil over for tevez from R.Madrid Accept? He wont get much change upfront and hes been dismal at AM

Finally I have my United save on the go. Story of my season so far ...

I've had a pretty lacklustre pre season, only putting 3 past teams such as Bury. But won the Charity Shield 3-1 and just beaten City in the my first game 2-1 (Manucho scoring a goal in both games, he's worth keeping even though his stats look poor)

So far Transfers

In

Saivet

Jamie Galvan

Gareth Bale 15.5 million

Sergio Aguero 40 million

Out

O'Shea 5 millin

Fletcher 7.5 million

Tevez 27.5 million (Hope to hell I don't regret that)

No one interested in Kuszczak :(

I'm still debating whether to get Lassana Diarra as he's pretty versatile and cover the defence and midfield. As I have Evra and Ferdinand out for a month each, plus a few more injuries (Hargreaves, Ronaldo) Gutted I couldn't get Marcelo from Madrid, I'm happy with Bale, but it's just weird I managed to get Marcelo on the demo with City yet I can't with United on the full game :|

Oh and City have bought god know's how many people, I offered Fletch and O'Shea around and they bidded for both, I scouted Hamsik they bought him as well. Any suggestions for my side, shall I get Diarra ?

Archived