[FM18]The Full Scottish Pyramid (inc. Juniors) - now completed!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I had this too...then realised I didn’t switch from Highland/Lowland to Level 4 at the setup screen where you choose your countries! Hope that’s the explanation. 

EDIT: Make sure you’ve deleted the old file from editor data as well.

Had done both of these and no joy.  Try again a few hours later and no problem at all... Classic FM! :D

Any issues thus far folks?

My testing has thrown up a couple of things...2 of the junior cups that include group stages never show previous winners (history isn’t saved), and Celtic randomly turn up in a couple of other Junior cups too!

Working on ironing these out over the next couple days, would really appreciate it if any strange occurrences are raised in here for checking. Thanks guys.

Right...it's moment of truth time! Got a final structure completed now, about to test it for 5/10 seasons. If all is well, I'll add some final detail and it'll likely be released tomorrow :thup:

Almost forgot to sort the Irn-Bru Cup with the new rules and ROI teams! All implemented now.

Wish me luck...

Right, here's the deal:

I've fully tested this file, and all it needs are the Junior managers added (West, East regions) and the Lowland League backroom staff filled out. However, I'm away in Glasgow tomorrow and need a break from staring at this editor - so here's the (almost) complete file that I'll upload to Steam etc come Sunday. Enjoy :)

The Full Scottish Pyramid (inc. Juniors) - Beta.fmf

33 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Just FYI @Morrissey have gone from top half to Winner expectations in just one season now on the earlier betabase.

Cheers mate - I suspect there isn’t much I can do to influence after the first season, let me have a play around now I’m about done...

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Cheers mate - I suspect there isn’t much I can do to influence after the first season, let me have a play around now I’m about done...

I've let @Wavelberry know there is a possible bug related to manager reputation against expectations.   He has also raised a bug on it too

Ladies and Gents...it's finally alive, after much blood sweat and tears!!!

Download Link (Steam)

It's best to subscribe on Steam to get this, that way any updates will be automatically applied as minor issues arise or patches come along. I will also add an alternative link for backup purposes however.

Hope you enjoy, and that my efforts are reflected in a quality DB file :thup:

1 hour ago, bazno5 said:

i tried the full test file but still only goes as low as eos and sos leagues?

Seen this comment a couple of times...what happens is that on the setup screen, it defaults to the Eos-Sos leagues, and will not load the Juniors. You need to manually select the Juniors before setting up the game, while choosing the other nations to include. Tested and working thankfully.

Seen this comment a couple of times...what happens is that on the setup screen, it defaults to the Eos-Sos leagues, and will not load the Juniors. You need to manually select the Juniors before setting up the game, while choosing the other nations to include. Tested and working thankfully.

The problem isn't with it defaulting to EoS/SoS, rather that it doesn't go down to Juniors already at the point of manually selecting.  When I had this problem I hadn't deleted the previous version of the file until after Steam/FM were already open.  Make sure the old one is deleted, and close everything and start up again.

Anyway, it's some power of work @Morrissey, thank you!  :applause:

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Oh, the other thing...pleased to let you all know at as a result of my work here, and your support, I've now been added to the Scottish research team for FM going forward! :onmehead:

Well deserved mate.  Congratulations :applause:

13 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Oh, the other thing...pleased to let you all know at as a result of my work here, and your support, I've now been added to the Scottish research team for FM going forward! :onmehead:

very well done m8 are so richly desreved :) :onmehead::hammer:

On 11/19/2017 at 15:39, Morrissey said:

Congratulations dude. Very well deserved. You will be a real asset to the official releases Scottish team.

On 19/10/2017 at 19:35, Morrissey said:

Download links:

Logopack (version 1) now available!

Database (Steam link)

Database (FM Scout link)

Structure:

FM1.thumb.png.4f1514e4821b3057dc8708e122560996.png

FM2.thumb.png.ae6f8104526930535d39203e08e19ca2.png

FM3.thumb.png.9e05c6739b1e0d03095f4d3ff988d50d.png

Competition Explainer:

Some things that you need to know about these new competitions...

1) The winners of the Alba and Alex Jack cups meet in the Shield game. Winning this guarantees a Scottish Cup place

2) Winning the top Junior league in each region (any Level 1) or the Junior Cup guarantees a Scottish Cup place

3) Some clubs automatically qualify for the Scottish Cup regardless of performance by virtue of being licensed (achieving a minimum SFA standard) - Banks O’Dee, Linlithgow Rose, Girvan and others benefit from this

Full(ish) Change List:

Coming soon...

love this database, love it in last year additions. I was just wondering when do you think the kits will be  coming out?

Hey @MorrisseyI don't know whether this is something you can do individually or whether it needs raising as a feature request but as far as expectations are concerned in the Highland/Lowland league it seems there is only Top Half or Winner with nothing in between.

I don't know whether you add expectations like 'attempt a title challenge' etc but if you did I think for the Highland/Lowland leagues a 'qualify for League/Challenge' cups expectation might be a cool addition as that's basically the same as getting a play-off spot/top 4 finish in different leagues.

On 19/11/2017 at 15:39, Morrissey said:

Fantastic well deserved. I’m doing a hearts file just now as there my team. But can’t wait to get my teeth into this database start in Low league which is a realistic real life approach with the view of it becoming a Scottish journeyman! Again fantastic work!! It’s people like you that make this game so great 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Hey @MorrisseyI don't know whether this is something you can do individually or whether it needs raising as a feature request but as far as expectations are concerned in the Highland/Lowland league it seems there is only Top Half or Winner with nothing in between.

I don't know whether you add expectations like 'attempt a title challenge' etc but if you did I think for the Highland/Lowland leagues a 'qualify for League/Challenge' cups expectation might be a cool addition as that's basically the same as getting a play-off spot/top 4 finish in different leagues.

I’ll have a play around with the editor next week and see what I can do - off on holiday this week and no intention of booting it up haha! Quick break to recharge the old batteries.

Thanks again for all the kind words guys - much appreciated.

On 21/11/2017 at 13:51, dbrown6 said:

love this database, love it in last year additions. I was just wondering when do you think the kits will be  coming out?

Just spotted this question - not sure if I’ll do the kits or simply link to ones already done, had them all prepped under the old style so this new default kit template scuppered me haha!

Trying to make some edits to include my own team. Tried just editing an existing team rather than making one but as soon as I even change the teams name, if I test the league it comes up with the same error Kirklander was having. Any ideas?

50 minutes ago, sean94ross said:

Trying to make some edits to include my own team. Tried just editing an existing team rather than making one but as soon as I even change the teams name, if I test the league it comes up with the same error Kirklander was having. Any ideas?

what i did m8 was to go to the normal editor and *kill* of a team ,make ur own team and put them in thier league ,save the editor with ur team added,then u can edit as often as u please without editing Morrisseys, hope this helps :)

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck Plays FM said:

Is it best NOT to use the real name fix from Susie with this? great work defo going to give this a bash..

Yup, it won’t like the “real name fix” files as I used extinct comps from the DB to insert all the non-league cups etc, means it will be compatible with other DB files!

1 hour ago, sean94ross said:

Yeah, it won’t verify in the editor as a result of the playoff changes I made (doesn’t like individual leagues having them instead of all leagues in a particular level). My file is manually verified as a result, which I can talk you through step-by-step if you like?

Yup, it won’t like the “real name fix” files as I used extinct comps from the DB to insert all the non-league cups etc, means it will be compatible with other DB files!

Yeah, it won’t verify in the editor as a result of the playoff changes I made (doesn’t like individual leagues having them instead of all leagues in a particular level). My file is manually verified as a result, which I can talk you through step-by-step if you like?

that would be helpful. As my team are "Lothian" based and I want to kick Kirkcaldy out of the league (as they are currently the worst team in the league) I dont want that to mess with the league structure later on

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

cheers here goes!!!

4 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Nvm. had a little fiddle with the editor and compared my XML to yours to see how to manually validate it. all working now. great work

Archived