[FM17] If you think you're too small to make a difference you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito

Benjoe

6 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Don't go there!

Billedresultat for threaten gif

Also, I'm absolutely loving it in Zanzibar!

The beaches, the team is performing well, and the referees loves all the Grapefruit I made @BoxToBox and @ManUtd1 send them. :D

abeb9d91f43f9165dd14a1b4ea74a5ff.png

We win 1-0 and all looks good but just 3 minutes before the final whistle Madungu did actually equalize. Our keeper decided to throw it into our own net, but the refs were ready to award us the best/worst offside I've ever seen. He whistles it on Mahadhi, who didn't touch the ball, nor did he have any impact on the keeper. To call that offside is the worst I've seen in a loooong time. And I love it!

0b65d28d4be77b54e2a13d0066e2ff1e.gif

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" - Eddie Guerrero

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Nelson is a creative man, or something. And well, who knows what he had in mind drawing up this, he is only just learning a lot of the fancy words in the footballing world. 

And yes. That was very much the transfer policy:

On a serious note: The tactics are a bit of an attempt to see just how ridiculous it can get and still function in these leagues where no team have perfectly balanced teams. There must be ways of just messing with them on so many levels that you create open chances, and hopefully don't concede too many chances yourself. The Bushpig tactic has been the most tested with The Zanzibari Reaper still a WIP. The instructions are a result of seeing how we dropped suddenly last season simultaneously as we tried to counter our opponents more after seeing our keeper dropping at each shot. This, however, had the opposite effect as our players just ain't good markers or capable of picking the right position most times so now I'm trying the opposite. Having the all running around cluelessly trying to win the ball and then attack centrally and look wide. Pressure the opponent as hard as possible because no team in this league will have the technique to pass it around us. We just need the engines to play this aggressively. 

So basically you're a hipster doing ironic tactics. 

And this is you applauding that ref call:

giphy.gif

Even the refs are horrific at that level, I love it. :D

26 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" - Eddie Guerrero

Latino Heat! <3

23 minutes ago, noikeee said:

So basically you're a hipster doing ironic tactics. 

And this is you applauding that ref call:

giphy.gif

Even the refs are horrific at that level, I love it. :D

Hahaha, I ain't no hipster! Take it back!

It was much more like this:

Billedresultat for slow clap gif

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

The club history thing is weird. Didn't that used to happen with corrupted saves? Everyone all of a sudden would have played in Belgium?

I have no idea - but know you got me worried that this save is going to burst into flames anytime soon. :D 

A spider’s cobweb isn’t only its sleeping spring but also its food trap

zanzibar_beaches.thumb.jpg.67bac6ead8d278ac56e183c29081b112.jpg

Having prepared his team for the match against his former team, Okapi, Nelson wandered the grounds. They were visiting his old home ground, the Mao Tsetung Stadium, and he didn't have many fond memories from this time. The clearest memory was still from the day he got fired and spotted Mumbu being a part of the uprising. He had planned his revenge for today perfectly. It was all ready in the locker room, waiting for Mumbu - and no, it was not David 'the messy' Moyesy. 

The league table had Wawi Star on top and Okapi on a shared second place. Everyone was ready for the match. In the locker room the players were seated, dressed and focused. It was a much more focused bunch than the one he had at Okapi. This was surely also down to the fact they'd seen so many players get released after just one bad practice, which meant they were on their toes every-single-day. Beside all the dressed and focused players sat Mumbu. Dressed in his own attire as well, or well, the attire Nelson had picked out for him. It was fury and had tusks. 

Urban Dictionary: Bush pig; extremly ugly, bitch with a face like a smashed crab

Out on the pitch, prior to all the refs and players came Mumbu running in his new fury attire. 

"Mumbu, stand still, we need picture of this!"

Billedresultat for bushpig costume

"Bwahahahahah!"

Nelson enjoyed every second of seeing Mumbu dressed as the bush pig. "Can I take it off now, Boss?"

"How about... no! Haha!"

While Mumbu was sweating inside of the costume the game started. 

After ten minutes Okapi had their third finish and this one hit the crossbar but bounced back out. Wawi Star needed to wake up.

After thirty minutes played both teams had had their chances, but it was Okapi who once again had a big chance. A clear path for their striker who then slammed it far above goal. 

First half finished goalless and the first twenty minutes of the second half only provided tame long shots until Wawi Star had a corner kick. The corner was poorly kicked but Okapi didn't clear it properly and therefore Wisdom Yusuph of Wawi Star got the chance to finish and scored!

Just ten minutes later Okapi had another shot strike woodwork but without giving them the equalizer. Wawi Star initiated a counter straight away but failed to hit a cross that could have provided the assist for a game ending score.

Just three minutes before the end of the game Okapi had another massive chance to equalize.

333598c5c234ba805f3c73c738b513e9.gif

Only sheer masterly defensive work from Mkami denied Okapi from equalizing as he cleared the ball of the outside of the striker foot for a goal kick. MVP material.

The game ended shortly after and Nelson walked from his white plastic chair to Okapi's coaches who were still stuck in their white plastic chairs. Nelson looked at them and laughed. 

"Taste the bush," He said before pushing the manager off the plastic chair, "It's extra bushy today."

8f8142e8ddbd9e55e5d21dbd9728c7df.png

8339106906d6803ca3c4d09f62846d3c.png

5eaa31377e5831534c3ea6c1a670863f.jpg

Ahh cock. This is typical isn't it? Our succes is killing us. Both our first team keepers are going with the national team and we lose most of our defence along with our two by far best wingers. Great. They'll be away the next entire month - but luckily we play so rarely in the league we only have two matches in that time span. Still. 

4 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

At least it looks like you'll be able to put something together for the two games. 

No doubt. The transfer policy have resulted in a deep bench. They proved their worth!

62b12f8f2713873377206664206ef18a.png

34 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

You're being way too harsh to Mumbu. He's trying his best.

I was thinking the opposite. A good, old fashioned beat down with a tire iron would have hit the spot.

2 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Just three minutes before the end of the game Okapi had another massive chance to equalize.

333598c5c234ba805f3c73c738b513e9.gif

I'm loving the standards of footballing on display all across this thread. Magnificent.

5 hours ago, Rikulec said:

You're being way too harsh to Mumbu. He's trying his best.

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I was thinking the opposite. A good, old fashioned beat down with a tire iron would have hit the spot.

I think Nelson's newest tweet will suit you both. 

d1c1579924c2682b1df8728ad24e83a9.png

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

I'm loving the standards of footballing on display all across this thread. Magnificent.

We have our moments of utter stupidity yes, but also moments of true glory. Look at this goal from our striker, Machacu for instance!

4529b38ba9cbf34ea198ccbbe7eb2412.gif

Would you look at his Chicken dance celebration as well!

24 minutes ago, argento said:

This is still the most entertaining tale on here.  Loving the social media stuff

That's some pretty huge praise considering all the other great threads and tales so I am very appreciative! 

Also glad you like the use of Twitter that started today. I have really been considering it for a long time but only wanted to use it if I had some sort of idea behind it. I think it works quite well so far, so it's here to stay! :)

In other news, I am an absolute **** in-game.

f5d0e2acb20e7f505f8d5777684c51fd.png

Oh, Okapi, you're doing good? How bout I grab the only playmaker you got and your best winger? I'd grabbed their best striker too if he wasn't already leaving by january. :D

The board did, however, deny my enquire about taking the next course. 

They did raise Junior Coaching as some consolation. 

82a41e8e9f557ad82656d36515a39243.png

IOW: It's still ****.

We are in an incredible poor period. 

c9ffb14388d3a0fb9645c671b01aa70c.png48ed956f34d846ef03b32752f4c151c5.png

I don't know what happened here. We changed nothing, and I guess that's what went wrong. Don't understand how we go from conceding zero - ZERO - chances in first half to conceding 3 goals in second. The last came in the last second of the match. Great.

71edea07465f6cae0957ad316355b8fe.png

Even better. Dropping to 5th. 

Mumbu, not now. 

This is starting to remind me an awful much of something.

48e5a15c5c73b9420bae8ee100781f9f.png

Can't really pinpoint what though.

No more FM tonight. That's a given, however. To end it all I give you:

Spoiler

Thomas sad stare.

Billedresultat for indifferent gif

a80f74e94843315a6d486b901e0e4e22.png

Finally a win!

This provides a little hope that we can edge us inside of Champs Playoff positions by the seasons last two games.

56d9d6a9b69ae39a754cdcd1c3b61cac.png

No matter what happens, though, Nelson should keep his job. 

88f70bb2e06bd0aaa938fa406251f025.png

We can lose to anybody so there's no easy games left.

7a6d32d435630bdaa50893951b4fccac.png

We do what was needed and have the chance of securing the top 4 position ourselves! 

Meanwhile Okapi are just punching so far above their weight class. I mean, they've lost so many first team players this season that they have only have 'grey' players on their bench - AND THEY'RE WINNING EVERYTHING. Nice one, @RNGEEBUS. Guess it's revenge for trying to pick their team apart signing with multiple of their players to then let them rot on the bench myself. 

6e6800d12de5679b86593848f378de3f.png

Sadly though, no more playing FM for today. Busy day and I feel like this last day of the preliminary season needs a proper update so therefore I am pushing it for tomorrow/saturday. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. 

Just spent an enjoyable portion of the morning catching up here. I have deadlines for this evening but if I tell those concerned that I was catching up on your thread, I'm sure they will understand. ;)

Great to see a career in Africa. A couple of years living in Gabon gave me an affinity for the place and the football culture. Is the Gabonese league in claasen's pack this year?

6 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Just spent an enjoyable portion of the morning catching up here. I have deadlines for this evening but if I tell those concerned that I was catching up on your thread, I'm sure they will understand. ;)

Great to see a career in Africa. A couple of years living in Gabon gave me an affinity for the place and the football culture. Is the Gabonese league in claasen's pack this year?

Glad you enjoyed reading and catching up! I'm certain they'll be understanding, yes. Otherwise just make them read too, then they'll understand. 

It's amazing to be in Africa! Well, not result wise perhaps but lots of new experiences. I had to double check but yes it is! Would actually like to get to manage in all the African leagues. 

I was certain I had time to play the last game and make an update about it as well. Then I realized there was an in-game month 'til the last game of the season in the league and a cup game just 4 days prior to the last game in the league. Ridiculous planning. And this also means I won't have the time tonight to play and update... Updating is pushed to tomorrow morning/noon! 

2468886244b1f3ff87fc397270cbf9a6.png

I like it,

"we have two games to schedule, and a free month, how do you want to set it?"

"**** it, give the boys the month off and we'll play the two games 3 days apart at the end."

"Genius!"

1 minute ago, BoxToBox said:

I like it,

"we have two games to schedule, and a free month, how do you want to set it?"

"**** it, give the boys the month off and we'll play the two games 3 days apart at the end."

"Genius!"

It sounds like something Mumbu would do and then tweet about... Lunatic.

As Nelson and Mumbu headed for the preliminary season's finish they were confident. Their cup game had been  rescheduled so they played it three days after their final match against 14th placed Hard Rock, and Hard Rock had played in the cup just four days earlier. They evenly lost, so their motivation for the game had to be low. 

That would all too soon change, however. Mumbu stumbled unto the ground with Nelson on his back cheering and screaming, "We did it! We're going to the playoffs! Hahaha!"

The Hard Rock coach saw this and hurried into the locker room and told his players motivating them to beat the **** out of Nelson (and his players). 

The most fascinating part of this situation was the fact that Mumbu could carry Nelson without being flattened. 

The game was ready and the ref blew his whistle and it was a dull first 20 minutes with little to talk about. Mumbu had put his bushpig costume on again, that's something I guess. After the 20 minute mark, however, things started happening as a Wawi Star player got tackled in the penalty box and awarded a penalty. Yusuph stepped up to the ball and got ready to take the kick. "Let them taste the busshshshh" could be hear muffled from the costume. 

4HVeInf.png bGLA0i2.png

Yusuph scored with ease and things looked good for Wawi Star!

Both teams had chances throughout the rest of the first half but 1-0 was the score at halftime. 

However, just seconds into second half, corner to Hard Rock and suddenly it's 1-1.

FmzpU6w.png

And 15 minutes later Wawi Star was ducked by a long shot.

560ed7cb03ac434a6d01ce261c54af70.gif eR2PUzS.png 

Nelson was furious now. Subs were made ready. 

Little would they change as Nelson's troops went down 1-3...

626baf8447bae350694fc8f39b27472f.gif WwKmfL0.png

Just moments later Wawi Star had a big chance as a header was directed towards goal but the keeper was hit in the middle of the face and then cleared off the line. Still 1-3. 

f628dd25894c63fe1351ee9094fbc2c5.png

Wawi Star failed to recoup and was defeated but how had the teams around them performed in their matches? 

f995edc54a0e2a4a24783aabd0ce697b.png

They had either drawn or lost, so Wawi Stars fumble didn't cost them their playoff position.

I usually go on vacation in between games as it processes slowly and there are little to no important tasks to do anyways. This time, however, our Youth Intake happened during my vacation.

4667858e6fc3e3f5595223a05bbf9365.png

c35cb8e7f4e353a5c7e67c2a82bd0595.png

This looks somewhat decent. I mean, any player can be useful for us. Said looks really interesting seeing as I'm testing a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation with a playmaker. 

4d7bd7aaa435ee560a0865b31186d16e.png

A couple of the others might sneak unto our bench. Why not, eh? 

18 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Two lads with more than a full star of current rating, handy stuff.

No doubt! Said just got his debut, and I'm planning on adding  Bakari Haule to the bench. Screenshot at another time.

We have started like thunder in the champs playoff!

be93809435db3c8c21b9380b1a846f7d.png

Seeing as we rarely - if ever - score from set pieces and our penalties are to some extent hit and miss I decided to do like @Jimbokav1971 and set my GK to kick both free kicks and penalties. I figure, why the hell not, I'm in Zanzibar, Nelson is the manager, this is probably one of the least surprising things that could happen. 

7a376b0678259dc9a979afb2504c07a7.png

0001c1a3d650dbebd8ef911ef06d51de.png

Also, Nelson's newest tweak tactically have seen the birth of a narrow 4-2-3-1 as mentioned in the previous post.

a34cd7bcc12978bce7de27a05ecb4588.png  3159daa2965bebc8fae4202591a1aab3.png

It's nothing like the semi-crazy previous ones he's attempted. Is he starting to get a tactical nous or is it just pure luck?

11 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Gotta love Nelson, settling down to more sensible tactics, but then runs with "lets give the keeper attacking set pieces". :D

Well, he is a bit of a daredevil and so if one thing is sensible, something else has to be equally bunkers to have balance, you see?

a08f21e0612b24d369cc956c61928f1d.png

1aca869eee564aa6bd2b1b3a7d20eabf.png

6dcf52c031bf4b21398bebd85dce2296.png

I think Said took it pretty well? 

378b0d09a2e7fc58511c741fddd431a9.jpg

The last 15 minutes were dire. Very dire. But we did it and edged them out and are building a nice lead down to second. Our 4th win in a row, our best form this entire the season comes in the championship playoff. That makes sense..

Archived