[FM17] If you think you're too small to make a difference you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito

Benjoe

He that beats the drum for the mad man to dance is no better than the mad man himself

soccer_africa.jpg.a9c77066ea42ed1989e0fcaecc547f51.jpg

It was finally the day. The last game of the season. Nelson and Mumbu had been preparing the players for this game. A mini training camp had been scheduled, and Nelson had threatened his players to perform well or else he'd allow Moyes free roam in the locker room after games. The players ran three miles extra just to be on the safe side -  although when Moyes is involved, no one is safe. 

Had Nelson's untraditional ways boosted the morale or had it exhausted the players? 

qKT4Awl.png tQBKx3a.png

2nd Minute: After just 1 minute played Mngomezulu with a good cross and Metsi comes first on it.

OQ8hffQ.png i7rCDVZ.png

But it hits the side of the net. Goal kick.

3rd Minute: Just a minute later and the Rovers are at it again. Corner from Bongani Dlamini and defender Malambe comes first on it with the outside of his foot.

wHyzYeh.png GulD6qI.png

But it cannoneers off the post and flies out where white shirted Sibandze can pick it up and keep pressure.

iaCMTHz.png

He cuts closer to goal with the ball and fires towards goal!

A4v8AV6.png

But a good save keeps the Rovers goalless still.

14th Minute: Following a good chance from Metis Sibandze crosses the ball, Vilakati breaks free and heads towards goal!

JPECA8y.png FTEjqat.png

But the header hits the crossbar and is cleared afterwards.

Another interesting event at this time is the score in the game between Umbelebele and Hhohho Hornets. 1-0 to the Hornets! If that score sticks, Mhlambanyatsi are in the Premier next season.

30th Minute: Mngomezulu once again crosses the ball, this time aiming for Vilakati at the far post. 

W5afxDE.png uWAXUZJ.png

Vilakati is ice cold in front of goal! 0-1 and Mhlambanyatsi are taking a huge step towards the Premier League!

FIRST HALF OVER

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He that beats the drum for the mad man to dance is no better than the mad man himself

SECOND HALF

80th Minute: Siteki free kick. It's well placed and aimed for the near post. A Siteki player comes first and half volleys it towards goal!

zt2mg1O.png inxfwmy.png

But it goes wide leaving Rovers in the lead - which due to a late equalizer by Umbelebele could prove very important.

Second half is a dull one. A few chances are created but nothing dangerous either side. Umbelebele didn't win but it didn't matter either with the Rover win.

1jBeyl2.png

Promotion had been secured and Nelson, Mumbu and the players were celebrating. 

Nelson put one of his favorite songs on the boomblaster in the locker room and turned the sound all the way up and started singing and dancing.

The atmosphere was lit, and Mumbu was crying. In the showers were Moyes and Jagielka hiding in the towel baskets ready for some towel action - yeah... sorry for that one. 

a3824a173efd5aaf76c1ee66055dccfb.png 

a50186e62fab722d725dc33c74ed354d.png 

1a86ab3e3790842136642f8664b3f7e3.png

c3a97dd3aeaf24d199477f3805540925.png

With these prizes going pro was such a good decision...

9e4ab3577cb2e8da718e15287cc5fdb6.png

"There was a party atmosphere at Stadium#1 where a crowd of 1..." Just stop it there please.

Anyways, we're going up!

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

picture-1.jpg

:lol: Perfect

1 minute ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh damn, didn't see the crash post when I posted the pic, crap!

iHNEVS2.png

This is just.. ugh.. I'll just play the game now and get it over with. If we lose...

11 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

That'll do!

Save the game!

8 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Already done - three backups! :D 

It just happened again...

fe8ce554577057711f54614be703ddfb.png

I didn't get the date or what exact crash dump it was before but it's not a good sign that it happened again, that's for sure. I have to go to work now, so can't look into it any more than this. Just really hope it isn't the end of this save file.. 

23 hours ago, noikeee said:

Gah, just when the Rovers were accelerating into the dizzying heights of the Swazi Premiership.

Stop it :lol:

22 hours ago, maxtothemax said:

Perhaps you should start over and only use the Claassen African files. They work fine and show no bugs!

9 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ackppt...I'm hoping that isn't a problem with the leagues file you used.  Man...that's awful.

It keeps crashing, and I've tried trouble shooting in numerous, different ways; clear cache, delete preferences, retire, resign, find new club, add new manager, remove leagues from the save in game (which would materialize after crash date, so no help there), and no matter what it crashes on the 24 of May. So, yeah. I really want Swaziland to be a part of this whole save and journey, but it doesn't seem to be possible in this save, with this database. I am assuming, that neither @lukafanzer's db or Ouma's db is broken, so I will probably have to redo my Swaziland db... I have no idea, when I find time to work with it thoroughly so I won't be updating for some time. I am, however, also considering just to leave out my own db and play on with the other two db's and let go of Swaziland, since it isn't a goal for Nelson to win with Swaziland anyway, but would just feel somewhat unsatisfying. We'll see what happens, haven't made up my mind.

Sucks to have to start over after a promotion in the first go, but at least it happened now and not 5 years into the save.

Still.

Billedresultat for depressing gif

59 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

It keeps crashing, and I've tried trouble shooting in numerous, different ways; clear cache, delete preferences, retire, resign, find new club, add new manager, remove leagues from the save in game (which would materialize after crash date, so no help there), and no matter what it crashes on the 24 of May. So, yeah. I really want Swaziland to be a part of this whole save and journey, but it doesn't seem to be possible in this save, with this database. I am assuming, that neither @lukafanzer's db or Ouma's db is broken, so I will probably have to redo my Swaziland db... I have no idea, when I find time to work with it thoroughly so I won't be updating for some time. I am, however, also considering just to leave out my own db and play on with the other two db's and let go of Swaziland, since it isn't a goal for Nelson to win with Swaziland anyway, but would just feel somewhat unsatisfying. We'll see what happens, haven't made up my mind.

Sucks to have to start over after a promotion in the first go, but at least it happened now and not 5 years into the save.

Still.

Billedresultat for depressing gif

Yeah I get it man! Have a look at Claassen's file though, there are some interesting nations in that pack as well!

5 hours ago, maxtothemax said:

Yeah I get it man! Have a look at Claassen's file though, there are some interesting nations in that pack as well!

Thanks for the tip, have also looked at it before. I think I will actually change to it as well. Not because I find Lukafanzer's pack inferior - I just really like the opportunity to have leagues in DR Congo, Senegal and Zimbabwe. I'm not certain, however, if Claasen's pack got the continental cups too. I will ultimately have to test this before I reboot the save! 

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

This is a dam shame. :(

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Seconded. 

#SaveNelsonJr #WhatWouldMumbuDo

58 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

This is how I am dealing with the end of this save

index.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

#Rememberthegoodtimes

Hahaha, you guys acting like I died or something! :D 

I mean, it's not the end of the save, just the end of it in this exact direction. Mumbu guided me and told me to NOT accept poker challenges from David Moyes, and also to either fix my db or start a new save without the Swazi leagues and write it into the story. I have no idea what it's going to be yet. 

#NelsonJrWillReturn #LookForwardForGoodTimes

9 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

#NelsonJrHasGreyHair #NeverForget

But seriously, always gutting to lose a save like that. Good luck in your next adventure, wherever it may be.

You little bastard! My fist shall make you forget!

Thanks for your compassion though. 

I do love the idea of seeing Nelson in the DRC. Although, he'd likely take over the country in a coup (maybe just part of it?), with Mumbu wielding all the power, Tyrion-esque. At least, in my telling of the tale...

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

I do love the idea of seeing Nelson in the DRC. Although, he'd likely take over the country in a coup (maybe just part of it?), with Mumbu wielding all the power, Tyrion-esque. At least, in my telling of the tale...

giphy.gif

Ha! Supremacy of one or mor African countries could very well be on the agenda of Nelson actually. 

Mumbu wielding the power? Hmm..

Also, news about the future of the save. I've decided to buy FM17 and use Claasens megapack with 56 different African nations with at least one league - also Swaziland! This means the save will restart somewhat soon (I'll still use this thread) and then we'll see where the adventure takes us. A lot of obscure African destinations for dear Nelson and Mumbu, and a lot of messed up adventures soon to be told. :D

If you are building a house and a nail breaks, do you stop building or do you change the nail?

This story will follow the footsteps and struggles in the life of Nelson Mandela Jr. - take two!

45793cae9aeb1bccbe17ee1398ee44c1.png 362415924b618fb9fd0c858d29c32f9a.png 68219b63a439296230725b05799db5cd.png

He might look skinnier, but this is just the power of modern day Photoshop retouching and reshaping - quite possibly the best work that editor has ever done. He is, however, still the same fat bastard we know and hate. 

Having won promotion with Mhlambanyatsi Rovers, Nelson and Mumbu looked to be going places in their career. Nelson had signed a contract which would actually pay him, and Mumbu got the occasional "0.5% of the income from Nelson Mandela Jr-Merchandise sold at home game" that was the original deal between the two partners. This happened far more often than what would considered sane behavior from even the worst Shopaholic. 

Expectations for both Nelson and Mumbu were high. They've experienced a lot of weird stuff during that first season, but now they were ready for the 'big' scene in  Swaziland. Sadly, their contracts were suddenly shredded and both Nelson and Mumbu was effectively asked to leave the country. David Moyes had undoubtedly had his dirty fingers into action here. Nelson and Mumbu found themselves without contract, and without a home. Applications were sent out,

"Please sign us. Kind regards, Mumbu"

But little did it help. The Moyesy-curse had struck them hard. 

Game Setup

1100px-Confederation_of_African_Football_logo.svg.png

I've decided to use @claassen's massive League World Pack this time around as it provides me with all the African nations and leagues - also Swaziland, however without Mhlambanyatis Rovers. :(

27698487eaf4879d641ea603afa88f15.jpg eff4aaadb33f88fef1434a985f627fde.png

56 or 57 African nations and league are active, and I have the major European countries best league on view only as well as China, India, South Korea, Australia, USA, Brazil and Argentina. This will put my pc under serious pressure and it might turn into a bonfire but until then I'll be enjoying the 2 star game speed it'll produce. :D

The rules of the save are the same as earlier written.

On 17/4/2017 at 15:33, Benjoe said:

Save Guidelines:

·         Tactics will be my own creations, and will be adapted to the level I’m playing at – keeping it simple when club is Amateur and I have no coaching badges i.e.

·         I am NEVER allowed to use the Player Search function. I will have to use scouts, agent offers, different in-game media news and such to find players who can join us.

·         I am NEVER allowed to use the Staff Search either. Job adverts will be placed and if any in-game media news should be relevant to staff I might allow that to be used too.

Nelson's Manager Profile

4291ed2ecaf9fc8cc12b551ac48946f5.png

It's gotten even worse after that first season of his managerial career!

Also, this is the screen I am met with every time I open FM. This is the stuff nightmares are made of. 

3bb9672ec282883f92a532f38eda8e5f.jpg

Let's see where Nelson and Mumbu ends up this time around!

If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there

Their desperate hunt had finally materialized in a formal offer. Okapi from Zanzibar. Nelson was not quick to accept the contract, however. Although he received a very modest offer of 150 punds per week he wasn't satisfied. He wanted to erase the memory of last time he negotiated a contract from his memory. Following an hour of negotiating he exited the Okapi office with a contract paying him 85 pound per week... 

ee41b1a6bc48d1219612446b4b096e11.png

d4eb7f7d704f702611bae5f694856084.png

Better little than too little

zanzibar_beaches.thumb.jpg.67bac6ead8d278ac56e183c29081b112.jpg

The Philosophies given at Okapi are that we should play Defensive, and Direct football. That can be done, and I don't think our material will be great enough for possesion anyways, so fine.

176f85dabb501bd2f1d4641006fb5ac6.png

Okapi has apparently won the Zanzibar Premier League once before as recently as in 2010. We got a stadium with room for 1.000 fans and we got a pitch with an OK condition. Maybe possesion is possible then? 

Our facilities are quite limited, and I don't expect any magic happening at our academy any time soon. 

1a9d3cec5b1704628c608a83c67d3a29.pnga2d1791dd72a82ac6ad479e4e7d21b35.png

Looking at the Okapi team report we have a bit of a funny team.

8d7da331873b8dc66a8bda2b3fad0f8c.png

We apparently have got no keeper, and no right back - but who worries about that when we got 15 pounds available to spent each week!

33 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Better luck this time. :thup:

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

wait? You negotiated for lower pay? Ha ha.

Nelson isn't the smartest negotiator.. :( 

1 minute ago, kidthekid said:

I don't know if Nelson had the hair band last season but it's a nice hipster look

He did not! But glad you like the latest addition by Nelson. He is quite the fashion icon in Swaziland - soon also Zanzibar. 

Your assistant is either an optimistic person or expert at sarcasm.

15 pounds per week lol

Also, him saying you have the best coaches in the league seems like he is a bit narcissistic, he may be tough to deal with unlike Mumbu, wherever he is.

Expected to finish 6th Nelson and Mumbu have landed at a team that might be able to clinch top 4 and play in the Champions Playoff. I do like, however, that the logo for the league is bugged (or so I would assume) and is using the logo for the Croatian Football Federation instead. How exotic! 

95f220891c58b0862b87f524967f51b4.jpg 2d1ef419be4cdc90055648661c2dafb3.jpg 

Next up will be trying to figure out who to keep and who to sign and how to do it all in Zanzibar. But for now, Nelson and Mumbu are enjoying the beaches of Zanzibar. Mumbu showed a lot of nice pictures of the beaches to Nelson.

Hye0tod.jpg 

Nelson, and I, have fallen in love with these beauty of a... beach. Yes, the beach is my primary focus!

Pssst. Look inside.

Spoiler

Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar

Would you look at those - erh I mean that beach and that beautiful ocean.

In before @BoxToBox is suddenly enquiring about Zanziland Zanzibar teams and who to manage in Zanziland Zanzibar... ;)

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Expected to finish 6th Nelson and Mumbu have landed at a team that might be able to clinch top 4 and play in the Champions Playoff. I do like, however, that the logo for the league is bugged (or so I would assume) and is using the logo for the Croatian Football Federation instead. How exotic! 

95f220891c58b0862b87f524967f51b4.jpg 2d1ef419be4cdc90055648661c2dafb3.jpg 

Next up will be trying to figure out who to keep and who to sign and how to do it all in Zanzibar. But for now, Nelson and Mumbu are enjoying the beaches of Zanzibar. Mumbu showed a lot of nice pictures of the beaches to Nelson.

Billedresultat for zanzibar 

Nelson, and I, have fallen in love with these beauty of a... beach. Yes, the beach is my primary focus!

Pssst. Look inside.

Hide contents

Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar Billedresultat for zanzibar

Would you look at those - erh I mean that beach and that beautiful ocean.

The water seems lovely

8 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

In before @BoxToBox is suddenly enquiring about Zanziland Zanzibar teams and who to manage in Zanziland Zanzibar... ;)

Hey! I'm not that greedy!

Just the one nation of gorgeous.... beaches... is enough to keep me happy.

On 30/4/2017 at 17:15, BoxToBox said:

Hey! I'm not that greedy!

Just the one nation of gorgeous.... beaches... is enough to keep me happy.

Not sure, if you're referring to the beautiful... beaches... in Denmark or Zanzibar, or if you were referring to the misspelling of Zanzibar. Hmmm....

Anyways guys, I've just booked my plane ticket to Zanzibar - no return ticket. Ciao, or as we say in Zanzibar, kwaheri. That really doesn't sound good, does it?

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Your assistant is either an optimistic person or expert at sarcasm.

15 pounds per week lol

Also, him saying you have the best coaches in the league seems like he is a bit narcissistic, he may be tough to deal with unlike Mumbu, wherever he is.

I think he is a bit of both.

Mumbu is right now covered with sand on the beach. He can't get out himself, the poor soul. Nelson is out flashing his big belly and trying to score some... beach? I have no end game for that joke.

1 hour ago, argento said:

gutting to lose a save, still glad you're not giving up.  Can't wait to see juniors exploits this time

Never give up, man! Hopefully he'll tear up Zanzibar's league and not just the beaches!

59 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

The water seems lovely

Indeed. I like it here. ;) 

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

I just checked my staff expecting something good.

ab84ac8914d879d9ad8fcb41a7adfa08.png

:lol:

He's all we got in the coaching staff! NO ONE, OTHER THAN NELSON. And we got one scout, and he says we got one of the best scouting teams as well.

This is how their meetings must be.

"I think we are great!" 

"I think so too!"

"HaHAHAHAahahahaAHHAHA"

Relateret billede

15 hours ago, TheWednesday said:

Shall follow this pal as I've never really given Africa a proper shot. What are your long term goals for the save? Any countries you'd really like to work in?

Cheers mate! 

I haven't set any specific goals yet other than that Nelson wants to win the World Cup with any African nation. I would like to manage in a lot of different nations, and with all these leagues loaded I am planning on trying a lot of them throughout. Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria, DR Congo, Marocco, South Africa are some of the bigger footballing nations where I'm expecting/hoping to be able to get national, continental and international succes. 

In short, I have very few preferences, but Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa are probably nations with some personal attachment. 

Archived