RAW SIENNA 4231 Knap 17.3

I have won every single game with my Southampton team since I plugged it in vs. Man U. I dont know what it is up with this tactic, but for some reason the Manchester clubs dont want to face it :lol:

Seriously, look at the stats against City. 2 shots in the whole game! And of course Aguero scored on one of them :cool: 

Notice the two victories against Liverpool and also the win against Arsenal away. 

20170322205839_1.jpg

20170322205844_1.jpg

20170322205851_1.jpg

20170322205905_1.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2017 at 20:40, knap said:

I have a RAW SIENNA 4312 - have I not posted that one.

How many points did the 4312 get knap?

I've been using RAW SIENNA 4-2-3-1wide, 4-2-3-1narrow and 3-4-2-1 depending on opposition and it's going great thank you :-)

Hello Knap,

Is the raw sienna 4-2-3-1 17.3.1 is better for you than this one ?

Also, what is the training, and do you think that the 17.3.1 version will work better with OI (in the 17.3.1 post you said no OI)?

Thank you

So, finished the season with Southampton. And it went awesome. I started using the tactic at the 6-0 Man U game. And I guess I could have won the league, if I'd used the tactic from the season opening. 

As you can see it scores a lot of goals. And I have marked my top goal scorers and my wing backs as well, cause they have been playing like maniacs. 

I had a down period in january, cause of new players adapting to the team and injuries to key players.

Looking forward to Champions League and the new season :cool:

20170324224400_1.jpg

20170324224422_1.jpg

20170324224426_1.jpg

20170324224549_1.jpg

Notice that Hassan and Ings has the exactly same amount of goals and assists. They are played as Complete Forwards

Likely not much football either way. :D

SPOILER: On Target attempts typically see a conversion of 1 in 3 - 5 getting converted. That takes a hugely nose dive however if the majority of those tend to be set piece affairs, when you don't have an exploit for those and when as usual, they tend to be mostly defended [how many corners and kicks do football teams, even specialized ones, on average need to score?). When the majority of your attempts are from set piece affairs, there are tactical root causes for this on both ends. Set pieces are kind of the opposite to the counter attack, when a team is hit and nobody is behind the ball. They pack the box with defenders and attackers by definition. However, they are not marked anywhere in-game as such. Huge huge issue. Needs to be sorted by SI. The game would desperately need a more detailed breakdown here anyway (open play / set piece / counter / penalty / corner / free kick, etc.)) Possible even with tables, so that you could compare to other teams how often you were getting countered, how well you would convert off each category, etc.

I have never seen this otherwise so far. :-) Mind, 79 shots is unrealistic anyway and an issue itself. It's the kind of stats that you tend to get from engine breaker tactics, usually, any tweaks made? However is the conversion is poor it's the numbers getting inflated by poor attempts.

6 minutes ago, Svenc said:

SPOILER: On Target attempts typically see a conversion of 1 in 3 - 5 getting converted. That takes a hugely nose dive however if the majority of those tend to be set piece affairs, when you don't have an exploit for those and when as usual, they tend to be mostly defended [how many corners and kicks do football teams, even specialized ones, on average need to score?). When the majority of your attempts are from set piece affairs, there are tactical root causes for this on both ends. Set pieces are kind of the opposite to the counter attack, when a team is hit and nobody is behind the ball. They pack the box with defenders and attackers by definition. However, they are not marked anywhere in-game as such. Huge huge issue. Needs to be sorted by SI. The game would desperately need a more detailed breakdown here anyway (open play / set piece / counter / penalty / corner / free kick, etc.)) Possible even with tables, so that you could compare to other teams how often you were getting countered, how well you would convert off each category, etc.

I have never seen this otherwise so far. :-)

Do you just copy and paste this exact post every time? :lol:

36 minutes ago, Fosse said:

Do you just copy and paste this exact post every time? :lol:

As long as it is worth posting (it appears to be) and it is finally put into the game -- or until it's impossible to get so many (poor) shots. Not sure what is more more likely to happen though! :D

WgpT5Oy.jpg :idiot::D

Problem is, these things tend to be totally random. In parts because different AI formations may not be exploited that badly as some pack the centre, others different areas, in Italy for instance you tend to face a lot more WB formations than in England. In parts, when you open the scoring, the AI may push up increasing the likelyhood to finally find some space, and goals can trigger outright AI formational changes too. Looks similar to what BuggieNights did, this, (also a guaranteed rage quit/increased risk of suffering a heart attack), and he broke the 70 shots mark. :D Okay he did score five, but note that despite all the shots the scoring didn't open until way into the second half! The best advice you can probably give at the moment, if you have found one of these, enjoy the general success, but just endure some of the occasional special moments. :)

wBukXew.jpg

9 hours ago, Svenc said:

I have never seen this otherwise so far. :-) Mind, 79 shots is unrealistic anyway and an issue itself. It's the kind of stats that you tend to get from engine breaker tactics, usually, any tweaks made? However is the conversion is poor it's the numbers getting inflated by poor attempts.

The only change I have made is removing the 'get stuck in' instruction.

The tactic eventually won over AI Park the Bus.

If you consider you have better tactics for this situation, or any other situation, put them on a download and I will test them.

3 hours ago, AaronRedDevil said:

Man Utd Season 2

Amazing tactic, thanks Knap. Won League, UCL, League Cup, knocked out early in FA CUP (rotated too heavily).

Incredible performances from Pogba at AMC, Martial with a stellar season at STC.

Competitions.PNG

League.PNG

Squad.PNG

Transfers.PNG

what version did you use? used OI?

I started a solo game, it's a new challenge with Boro because their media prediction is 20th. I've got a pretty good first games run, i know it will not last long enough, but i wanted to share it. Style of play using 4231 Sienna is amazing, the only thing is bothering me is why my strikers are not scoring at all. I reckon it needs time striker to get in fit.

Keep the good work on your tactics Knap, they worth it!

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 08.53.13.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 08.53.04.png

CF version from first post - will start next season with an AF - might be better for Martial.

OIs from first post.

Training was attacking movement except for a few tough away games where I trained defensive. Think that was a mistake - will stick with attacking only.

9 hours ago, igorlc10 said:

what version did you use? used OI?

Finished my first season with Boro and overachieved so much i've never thought it's possible. Started the season with 4231CF and in December i switched to AF upfront. Amazing style of play and performance as well!

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 21.47.53.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 21.47.42.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 21.47.28.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 21.47.16.png

On 3/22/2017 at 20:03, Larslunde said:

I have won every single game with my Southampton team since I plugged it in vs. Man U. I dont know what it is up with this tactic, but for some reason the Manchester clubs dont want to face it :lol:

Seriously, look at the stats against City. 2 shots in the whole game! And of course Aguero scored on one of them :cool: 

Notice the two victories against Liverpool and also the win against Arsenal away. 

20170322205839_1.jpg

20170322205844_1.jpg

20170322205851_1.jpg

20170322205905_1.jpg

On 4/1/2017 at 00:17, AaronRedDevil said:

Man Utd Season 2

Amazing tactic, thanks Knap. Won League, UCL, League Cup, knocked out early in FA CUP (rotated too heavily).

Incredible performances from Pogba at AMC, Martial with a stellar season at STC.

Competitions.PNG

League.PNG

Squad.PNG

Transfers.PNG

Hey, question to both of you guys, what match prep and scheduling on the slider did you use for the original tactic with the CF? Also, what rest options did you have ticked/unticked ?

Cheers :)

On 4/8/2017 at 12:55, Jimmyrh94 said:

Hey, question to both of you guys, what match prep and scheduling on the slider did you use for the original tactic with the CF? Also, what rest options did you have ticked/unticked ?

Cheers :)

Pre-season:

Main Focus: Team Cohesion

Intensity Level: High

No rest boxes ticked

Main Focus Match Tactics

During the season:

Main Focus: Balanced

Intensity: Average

Rest after match selected

Main Focus: Attacking (I found changing this to Defensive even before tough opponents was not great, but that might depend on how good your team is)

To keep the first team fit I always give them a rest day when there is another game 3 days later. Rotating too much will severely impact results, even against smaller teams.

Scheduling as this screenshot:

Match_Tac_Training.png

Currently in November of the second season with the tactic and absolutely flying - will post results in a couple of days :)

2 hours ago, The V said:

The tactic is good but i have problems in away games.

Indeed. After plenty of tests I've figured that if you want to overachieve with a weaker side; you have to go with 5 at the back formation. 3412, 352 etc. 

I won the EPL comfortably with Watford playing 3412. And then I did another save with Watford playing with this 4231, and I barely scraped a Champions League-qualification. 

Very good at home, but also very inconsistent away from home. I beat City 3-1 at Etihad-stadium, and a week later with plenty of rest I lost against Burnley 2-0 away from home. I was using the 4231(AF). 

I think this setup is extremely good if you're playing with a strong side. But its definitely not rewarding if you play it with a weaker side. 

Archived