West Brom - Charlesbeams

Team 4 – Trofimoff

Arsenal - lolgasm

Tottenham - Blanco

Middlesbrough - Lower Leagues Rule

Portsmouth - JSalter

Wigan - Haowan

Task 1 -

The aeroplane task kick-started the competition, with all four teams getting on board their aeroplanes and awaiting their jump.

In aeroplane one, Team 1 were not showing any nerves. ''I say we all jump 10 minutes early'', Phil McAvity the Manchester United manager said. Both Brucie Bonus of Blackburn and Roberto Dos Santos of Sunderland agreed with him. However Bean Been Seen of Aston Villa was starting to show some nerves, "I've never done this before lads, i'm not sure if i'll be able to do it" he said clearly showing a lot of nerves, however Tom Smith of Hull said that he had a lot of experience at sky-diving and volunteered to stay behind with Bean-Been whilst the other 3 jumped, so he could give him an insight to how he would feel while he was sky-diving, and that your normally so over-whelmed with adrenaline from the initial jump, your fears soon go away. It soon came the time of 10 minutes, and Phil McAvity, Brucie Bonus and Roberto Dos Santos all wished the other two luck, and then jumped out of the aeroplane, to being their 10,000 feet fall. "See mate, once you get out of the plane, you're having such a good time you completely forget your fears, look at those 3, they look like their having the time of their lives!" Tom Smith said to his nervy looking team-mate "Yeah, I guess so, but you should go, remember the more time you spend trying to get me to jump, the more points you lose for the team. I'll jump soon, I promise, I can't let the team down" replied Bean Been Seen said to his partner. With that Tom Smith then himself jumped out of the plane, leaving the Aston Villa manager on his own. The Aston Villa manager then sat in-front of the exit door of the plane looking down the sky, watching Tom Smith until he was out of sight. "Bloody Hell, I'm not wasting anymore time or points, we have to win this thing" he said, feeling the rush of adrenaline coming on, he then took a deep breathe in, and ran to the door, then jumped out, looking like he was having a great time.

Meanwhile on aeroplane 2 everyone seemed to be fairly confident. None more so than Chelsea manager Robert Jones. "I think we should all jump out straight away, it's easy points this is" he said in his very thick Welsh accent. "I'd say wait until 5 minutes has gone, then go for it" Wobill Luman, West Ham manager said. Robert did just that, and as soon as the clock ticked 5 minutes, he took his run-up and jumped out of the plane. "Everyone else fairly confident?" Wobill asked, the other 3 managers all nodded.

"No point in rushing though, only 5 minutes have gone, if we wait a couple of minutes and then go, i'm sure we'll be fine" Bolton manager Robert Boyle said, perhaps indicating he was a bit nervous. The others seemed to agree with him, without realising he might be a tad nervous. "Right, it's been 5 minutes since Jones jumped, i'm going now" Wobill Luman said, he then jumped out of the plane. Everton and Stoke managers, Geoff Hurst and Sameul Paginho decided to jump almost straight afterwards, they waited a minute, and then jumped. Leaving poor Robert Boyle all on his own, yet despite indicating he was nervous earlier, he jumped a few minutes after Hurst and Paginho, making sure that Team 2 had a more than healthy points total from the first task.

Aeroplane 3 was rather interesting too, they all seem to have bonded very well, and they were acting more as if they were on a stag do, than a competition with people they'd known for less than an hour. "I say we all jump after 10 minutes" Adam Connellan of Liverpool said, he was met with a response of approval from his team-mates, apart from Newcastle's Robert Blowcrapup, who said he wanted to wait a few minutes after everyone else went, which everyone was fine with. Sure enough, when the clock ticked 10 minutes, Adam Connellan of Liverpool, Sercan Cali of Man City, Gwilym J. James of Fulham and Charles Beams of West Brom all jumped out of the plane. Robert Blowcrapup waited for a few minutes, and then jumped himself, making sure that Team 3 had got themselves right up the top competing with the other teams.

However on Aeroplane 4, there were more worrying things for their team. Arsenal manager Jasper Davidson has admitted he was absolutely pettrified of heights, and that even looking out of his upstairs window in his house scared the hell out of him. Spurs manager Jacques Clouseau also said that he was scared of heights, but not to that disturbing level. However just 9 minutes in, Portsmouth manager James Salter said that he needed to get their points tally high, so he jumped. Middlesbrough manager Des Tiny said that despite his in-experience at sky-diving, he also wanted to boost his teams point tally and jumped a few minutes later. Within a minute of this, Haowan of Wigan decided that he better jump too, and he did so. Which left the two North London managers on their own. They both had no intentions of jumping this early, so began a conversation. "I wish I could get a cup of tea, i'm desperate for some" Jasper Davidson said.

"I prefer coffee to be honest" Jacques Clouseau replied.

"Yeah, well I suppose you would being French. I wish I could get a Big Mac though, I love a bit of McDonalds" Davidson replied.

"McDonalds is not to my taste, I must admit if I wanted some fast food I would pop down to my local Burger King and get a Whopper" the Frenchman replied. The time was ticking, it had now just past the 20 minute mark, and they would now be late. "I better jump now, can't lose the team anymore points, au revoir " the Frenchman said just before jumping out of the aeroplane, seeming to forget about his earlier nerves. Leaving just a nervous wreck of a man, Jasper Davidson. He sat in the aeroplane nervously for what must have been at least 10 minutes, until he stood up to stretch, but accidently tripped and fell out of the aeroplane, without this, he may never have jumped.

Task 1 Results -

Team 1 – 10 minutes early – Points total = 210

Man United -

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Over/Under Target - £10M Under – 10 minutes early

Aston Villa –

In – Mehmet Topuz, £6.5M

Out – Nobody

Over/Under Target - £3.5M Under – 4 minutes early

Blackburn –

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £10M Under – 10 minutes early

Sunderland –

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £10M under – 10 minutes early

Hull –

In – Adrian Mariappa , £900k, Johnnie Jackson, £650K

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £8M under – 8 minutes early

Team 2 – 7 minutes early – Point total = 250

Chelsea –

In – Nobody

Out – Michael Ballack, £12M

Over/Under target - £22M under – 15 minutes early

Everton

In – Derek Boateng, £555K

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £9M under – 9 minutes early

West Ham

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £10M under – 10 minutes early

Bolton

In – Kim Dong-Jin, £2.7M

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £7M under – 7 minutes early

Stoke –

In – Dickson Choto, 800K

Out - Nobody

Over/Under target - £9M under – 9 minutes early

Team 3 – 10 minutes early – Total points = 235 Points

Liverpool –

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Under/Over target - £10M under – 10 minutes early

Newcastle –

In – Mathieu Delpierre - £3.4M

Out – Nobody

Under/Over target - £7M under – 7 minutes early

Man City -

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Under/Over target - £10M under – 10 minutes early

Fulham -

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Under/Over target - £10M – 10 minutes early

West Brom –

In – Nobody

Out – Nobody

Under/Over target - £10M - 10 minutes early

Team 4 – 11 minutes late – Total points = 80

Arsenal –

In – Adrian Mutu, £22.5M

Out – Mark Randall, £2.1M

Over/Under target - £11M over – 11 minutes late

Tottenham –

In – Kim Kallstrom, £12.25M

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £2M over – 2 minutes late

Middlesbrough –

In – Marko Ciurlizza, £1.2M, Abubakari Yakubu, £2.1M

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £7M under – 7 minutes early

Portsmouth –

In – Nobody

Out – Richard Hughes, £1.1M

Over/Under target - £11M under – 11 minutes early

Wigan –

In – Jay DeMerit, £3.3M, Ahmed Reda Madouni, £725K

Out – Nobody

Over/Under target - £6M under – 6 minutes early

Points totals after Task 1 -

Team 1 – Hanssenn - 210

Team 2 – Pitts - 250

Team 3 – Nicholson - 235

Team 4 – Trofimoff - 80

So after task 1, Pitts have a slight 15 point lead over Nicholson, with Hannsenn also still in it with 210 points. Although Trofimoff might look like they have utterly no chance, with a bonus of 300 points for whoever arrives at camp first in the next task, they are still in contention.

I didn't anticipate how long typing up the tasks would be (I started this at around 6), so the next task will be posted tomorrow night alongside the quiz, which will need to be PM'ed to me ASAP.

Guest roberto922

''he said in his very thick Welsh accent.''

:D I've got a mix of Scouse, Wrexham and Scottish, not thick Welsh ;-). Good to see that our team hardly spent anything, us in particular. It was a brilliant read, KUTGW, when will the other results be out?

i don't understand why we're only 7 minutes early but i understand the points and atm, we're in the lead come on Group 2!!!!!!

I went on the basis that you were only as early or late, as the last person in your team that jumped. As you couldn't really be earlier or later than they were.

i though that but I thought that would have meant team 1 would have been 4 mins early and team 3 only 7 minutes early? :S

so the fixtures will be put up tonight?

no doubt you've already got them as you must have played the whole of july to get those transfers.

Task 2 being written up now, should have it finished for about half 4. Will then have to create the first quiz, which should take around 30/60 minutes as I find myself multi-tasking and getting bored now and again. Will hope to have everything posted on here by at least half 6.

Guest roberto922

I'm having the same problem creating my sign up, I've got 5 teams left to make but it's taken me since Friday afternoon to do it through boredom :o

I'm going to post Task 2 now, and The Quiz later tonight...

First Off, a reminder of the teams...

Team 1 – Hanssenn

Man United - weeeman27bob

Aston Villa - coldkohmew

Blackburn - Walcott's Wonderkids

Sunderland - JoseRR

Hull - tomsmith1989

Team 2 – Pitts

Chelsea - roberto922

Everton - Whitehead

West Ham - robertlangman

Bolton - Robert_296

Stoke - Sampa

Team 3 – Nicholson

Liverpool - Adam C

Newcastle - blowcrapup

Man City - 5ergio

Fulham - Man City Supporter

West Brom - Charlesbeams

Team 4 – Trofimoff

Arsenal - lolgasm

Tottenham - Blanco

Middlesbrough - Lower Leagues Rule

Portsmouth - JSalter

Wigan - Haowan

Task 2 -

The final task of ‘week 1’ was the driving back to camp task. Each of the 5 people would have to drive through a check-point, after borrowing Top Gear’s ‘Stig’ we estimated it would take roughly each competitor 12 minutes to get to each checkpoint…

First up was team 1, with Hull manager Tom Smith driving first for them. He told them of his off-road experience from living in the Country and said he was more than comfortable with the task. It showed to as he got to the first checkpoint before the 12 minute target. Next up for team 1 was Sunderland boss, Roberto Dos Santos. He said that he also had a bit of experience. He wasn’t as fast as Tom Smith had been, but he still reached checkpoint 2 in under 12 minutes, taking Team 1 well under their 24 minute estimate at that time. Next up was Blackburn boss Brucie Bonus, he told the team that having lived in the city for the majority of his life, he hadn’t any off-road experience. Despite this he still did very well, he went a bit over the 12 minute target, but he could have done a lot worse. Team 1’s penultimate driver was Aston Villa boss, Bean Been Seen. He said he like the Aston Villa boss hadn’t had any off-road experience, but he did quite well completing his lap in exactly the 12 minute time limit. Despite this Team 1 were still unsure to what their time was, and their last driver, Man Utd’s Scottish manager Phil McAvity had to go for it. By going for it as hard as he did, it meant a couple of times he slid off the course, despite this he still got them to the final checkpoint in under his 12 minute limit. They walked up to the Campsite unsure if they were first there or not, and opened the door of the main log cabin to see if anyone else had beaten them to it…

Team 2’s starting driver was Stoke City’s Samuel Paginho. He said that from his days in Argentina and Brazil he had a fair bit of experience, and it showed as he comfortably finished in less time than the 12 minute estimate. Next up for them was Bolton’s Robert Boyle. He said he’d done off-road driving once or twice but wasn’t very confident, he wasn’t and he over-ran the time estimate by a bit, but not a huge lot. Next up was West Ham’s Wobill Luman. He and his Chelsea friend, Robert Jones had been the strongest members in the first task, but would they be the strongest again in the second? The West Ham managers stint was very under-par, no specific errors, it just turned out that he was a ‘Sunday Driver’ and he cost his team quite a bit of time. Going next was Everton manager Geoff Hurst, he knew that he had to do well to get his team back in it, and he did, he went so fast he almost threatened ‘The Stig’s’ lap time. With Team 2 in a strong position going into the final stint, it was down to Robert Jones, the cocky manager of Chelsea who excelled with Wobill Luman in the sky-diving task. Wobill had performed badly in his stint, and surprisingly enough, so to did Robert Jones, who also drove rather slow, potentially costing his team a victory. Team 2 arrived, not seeing anyone, so they walked towards the big log cabin and opened the door…

Team 3 had done very well in the first task, their ‘lads on a stag do’ attitude to the sky-diving task worked, but would it work for the off-road driving task? First up was West Brom manager Charles Beams. He said that although he didn’t have a lot of experience he would try his best. For an ‘in-experienced’ off-road driver he did very well, completing the course well under the estimated target of 12 minutes. Next up for team 3 was Fulham manager, Gwilym J. James. He said that although he had little experience that he’d try his best for ‘the lads’. He like his partner before him had a brilliant lap, giving his team a great advantage going into the third driver. The third driver, Man City’s Sercan Cali also said that despite his inexperience he wanted to do the absolute best he could. He like the 2 that had gone before him, drove in under the 12 minute time limit, leaving the final two people in his team with a nice lead. Next up was Newcastle’s Robert Blowcrapup, he played it safe, despite making a few mistakes, he came in under his time limit. Last up was Liverpool’s Adam Connellan, he said he didn’t have a lot of experience, but after a few slips and slides had a decent lap too. Team 3 arrived at Camp cheery, and believed they’d probably won, they walked up to the log cabin and opened the door…

Team 4 however was full of nerves, with none of their team having previous experience at off-road driving. Wigan’s Haowan went first, and despite several slips, slides and crashes managed to finish in just about 12 minutes. Next up was Portsmouth’s James Salter, he had a great start to the lap, but then went off the pace. However he completed his lap in around the 12 minute expectation. Team 4’s third driver was Middlesbrough’s Des Tiny. He had a good start to his lap, but then after getting stuck in a ditch lost a bit of time. However with a bit of luck he had also managed to get to his checkpoint in around 12 minutes. Their penultimate driver was Tottenham’s, Jacques Clouseau. He had a roller coaster of a ride, starting well, then doing badly, then doing well. He got there in around 12 minutes, leaving their final driver Jasper Davidson with a good chance of getting them home in under their time limit. He started his lap very positively, but after several crashes he got them home in just over 12 minutes. They arrived at Camp and ran towards the log cabin, opening the door…

Okay, so in real time, lets complete the 4 paragraphs…

…, the door opened and they saw that it was empty. ‘We’ve done it, we’ve bloody done it!’ shouted Liverpool’s Adam Connellan congratulating his team mates, and tucking in to some champagne, knowing full well his team wouldn’t be taking tonight’s quiz and would be safe from possible elimination.

…, the door opened and they saw that Team 3 were already there tucking into some champagne. ‘Damn, how long have you guys been here?” asked Hull’s Tom Smith. “About 3 minutes mate, unlucky lads” replied Team 3’s Robert blowcrapup.

…, the door opened and they saw that two teams were already there. “How long have you boys been here then?” asked West Ham’s Wobill Luman. “Quite a bit, about 6/7 minutes I’d say” replied Team 3’s Charles Beams.

…, the door opened and they soon realised they had finished last. “Blimey, we only just came third then!” said Team 2’s Robert Jones, realising his team had beaten finishing last by a matter of seconds, not that it mattered anyway, although finishing last must have been embarrassing.

The Results

Team 1 – 57 MINUTES 30 SECONDS

Man United – 30 SECONDS LESS

Rio Ave – Drew 1-1

Belenenses – Won 4-0

Sporting CP – Lost 0-2

Antwerp – Won 2-1

Bury – Won 3-0

Aston Villa – STAY THE SAME

Raith – Won 2-1

Stirling – Won 3-0

Partick Thistle – Drew 2-2

Bielefeld – Lost 0-3

Blackburn – 30 SECONDS MORE

Cercle Brugge – Lost 1-3

Chernomorets Burgas – Won 2-1

Cherno more – Won 3-1

Botev (Plovdiv) – Drew 1-1

CSKA (Sofia) – Lost 0-3

Sunderland – 1 MINUTE LESS

Kidderminster – Won 3-0

OGC Nice – Lost 1-2

Chiasso – Won 2-0

Locarno – Won 2-0

Neuchatel Xamax – Won 1-0

Grasshopper – Lost 1-2

Hull – 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS LESS

Girvan – Won 4-0

Exeter – Drew 2-2

Doncaster – Won 3-1

North Ferriby – Won 2-0

Winterton – Won 2-0

Team 2 – 60 MINUTES 30 SECONDS

Chelsea – 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS MORE

FC Nantes – Won 1-0

LA Galaxy – Drew 1-1

FC Metz – Drew 2-2

Doncaster – Drew 2-2

Norwich – Drew 2-2

Everton – 2 MINUTES LESS

Bury – Won 4-0

Preston – Won 2-1

Huddersfield – Won 2-0

Sporting CP – Won 1-0

West Ham – 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS MORE

Crewe – Drew 2-2

Nurnberg – Drew 1-1

Llanelli – Drew 1-1

Bolton – 30 SECONDS MORE

AJ Auxerre – Lost 2-3

Weymouth – Won 3-0

Ipswich – Drew 1-1

Ballymena Utd – Drew 1-1

Luton – Won 2-1

Stoke – 1 MINUTE LESS

Lincoln – Won 4-0

Coventry – Drew 1-1

Man Utd Reserves – Won 2-1

Yeovil – Won 1-0

Team 3 – 54 MINUTES

Liverpool – 1 MINUTE LESS

Kaiserslautern – Won 1-0

Crew – Won 1-0

Cloppenburg – Won 4-0

Lubeck – Lost 0-2

Bochum – Won 2-1

Roda JC – Drew 1-1

Newcastle – 30 SECONDS LESS

Lausanne – Won 2-0

Yverdon – Won 3-0

Luzern – Lost 1-2

Nurnberg – Drew 1-1

Dortmund – Won 1-0

Man City – 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS LESS

Chonburi – Won 3-1

Kladno – Won 2-1

Germinal Beerschot – Drew 0-0

Signma Olomouc – Won 2-0

Sparta Prague – Lost 1-2

Germinal Beerschot – Won 2-1

Oldham – Won 3-1

Fulham – 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS LESS

O. Moscavide – Won 3-0

Leixoes – Won 1-0

Maritimo – Won 2-1

Vit.Guimaraes – Won 2-1

Tranmere – Drew 2-2

West Brom – 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS LESS

Herfolge – Won 2-1

Brentford – Won 2-1

Oxford – Won 3-1

Sheff Utd – Won 4-0

Swindon – Lost 1-2

Team 4 – 61 Minutes

Arsenal – 1 MINUTE MORE

BEC – Won 4-0

Boreham Wood – Won 3-1

Levski – Drew 1-1

Stuttgart – Lost 0-2

Genk – Drew 0-0

Roda JC – Drew 2-2

Tottenham – NO CHANGE

Levski – Lost 1-0

Stevenage – Won 5-0

Club Brugge – Lost 1-2

Leyton Orient – Won 2-0

Middlesbrough – NO CHANGE

Irvine Meadow – Won 2-1

Volendam – Won 4-1

FC Den Bosch – Drew 1-1

Willem II – Lost 0-2

Portsmouth – NO CHANGE

Livar – Won 2-0

Domzale – Won 2-1

Drava – Drew 2-2

AJ Auxerre – Drew 1-1

Wigan – NO CHANGE

Nottingham Forest – Won 2-0

Sparta Prague – Won 2-1

O.Moscavide – Won 3-1

Rio Ave – Lost 2-1

Braga – Lost 5-0

Maritimo – Lost 0-3

Total Points for Task 2 -

Team 1 - 0

Team 2 - 0

Team 3 - 300

Team 4 - 0

Overall Points for Task 1 & 2 -

Team 1 - 210

Team 2 - 250

Team 3 - 535

Team 4 - 80

10 minutes later...

The log cabin door then opened, and in walked a man in a tuxedo. “Hello, I’m Jeremy English, presenter of the show, as you know Team 3, you have won today’s tasks, congratulations we have a special camp fire dinner for you just down camp.” He said, indicating Team 3 should leave. They exited cheering, and wishing the other 3 teams luck.

“Well, you 15 all know what’s coming, you must take the 20 question quiz on The Mole, which ever one of you gets the least amount of questions correct, will be packing their bags and leaving the competition for good. Good Luck to all of you” he said, as he signalled that all 15 of them would have to go to separate stations around camp to take the quiz on laptops.

The Quiz will be posted at around 7.30/8 GMT

Archived