[FM17] The Motormen: Motoring up through the leagues, a LLM journey

RSJ

Hello and welcome to my latest save. Its time to get back to what i love and thats a Lower League Manager save. I'll be starting off down in Level 11 with Vauxhall Motors. A club a bit down on its luck, i'll be looking to take them as far as possible. 

Yes, its another thread from me but i need to get away from some of the challenges ive been trying of late.

e1ff54cecf.jpg

06250eeee7.png

Profile | Facilities | Finances | History

Competitions and Expectations

2e727d6e6c.png

Whilst the board expect me to avoid relegation, the media think i will finish 2nd - add to that, the fact the bookies have me as 1.2 favourites to win this league its going to make for a very interesting season.

I'd like to go one step further in the Pike Cup and win it.

Pre-Season 2016

976524a4af.png

Alot of game played but this was mainly to get on top of fitness. Most of the games came against 'larger reputation' teams so its pleasing that we havent lost one of the 10 games played. 

22 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Quite a drop down from Conference North.

On 12/21/2016 at 13:23, clarkehwbu said:

Will be following this, was thinking of doing my own save with Vauxhall Motors once I get bored of my Bournemouth save, which currently doesn't appear to be any time soon!

Thanks mate, i thought it would be an interesting choice.

On 12/21/2016 at 14:14, BoxToBox said:

Good luck with it!

Thanks @BoxToBox - top man!

22 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Quite a drop down from Conference North.

Yeah, seems they self-expelled themselves. Hopefully we can change that :)

Monthly Update - August & September 2016

First off, i just wanted to review my squad. I spent the whole of pre-season and the first few weeks of the season trying to improve it. Being an amatuer side, theres no such things as contracts. I took in excess of 300 players in on trial (i feel its the quickest way to scout) and signed about 10% of them. Its took time to bed them in, get an appreciation of the tactic in use and work on match fitness. Here's where we currently stand in terms of the squad;

2710a07037.png

Happy with where we have ended up here. The most impressive thing is the age, for me anyway, Theres potential for a few players to stay with us for years should they develop well enough. Vernon is the best player on the team but hes just back from a serious injury.

c7464a9db5.png

Its took a few tweaks here and there but seems to be working nicely, for now!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

19f1ab302f.png

81e88cfef0.png

Delighted to be writing this update sitting top of the league. Its a ruthless league here in West Cheshire and only first place will gain promotion. It was a bumpy start as we only took one win from the first 4 games. Since then, its been 5 straight wins on the bounce! Disappointed to lose to West Kirkby, given their current league position. Attendances could be better, we seem to be averaging 1 away fan per game on our travels. Bless him.

b85a2b0b5c.png

Any profit is good profit, this was particularly pleasing though. We have pretty good outgoings though and we dont pay wages to anyone :lol:

Monthly Update - October 2016

e95a1edd5c.png

acf8c6b0c8.png

Get in! A perfect month! We started October with a win in the Pyke Cup and progressed into the next round with relative ease. I was delighted with the thumping of Upton A A as at the time, they were in and about the top places so we really stamped our name on the league. The 1-0 win over Maghull could have and should have seen alot more from us in terms of goals and performace but a wins a win, we cant afford to be too picky in this league.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giovanni Landu, our main talisman, has been on fire of late and has had a massive contribution to our league placing.

85f5ca1e20.png

Monthly Update - November 2016

a49863d071.png

1797c6946d.png

Another great month, the only blip was the draw with Helsby, a game in which we had a 2-0 lead to trail 2-3 before snatching a point. That draw ended a 10 game winning run. Then followed very good wins in games vs. teams in and around us at the top of the league:- Richmond Raith Rovers (4th), South Liverpool (3rd) before opening up some distance at the top of the league by beating Cammell Laird Reserves (2nd) 2-0 at home. We ended the month by absolutely flying into the semi's of the prestigious Pyke Cup,

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elsewhere, these two are really starting to come into thier own and are forming a real partnership. Given they are both still only 19 years old, im hoping they can grow with us and be with us for some time, 

013715042b.png

Monthly Update - December 2016

865a84c07c.png

A bitter sweet month. We started off beating 4th placed Heswall before seeing our 18 game unbeaten run coming to an abrupt end with a 1-0 loss at home to Newton. We brushed oursselves down and ended the month win big wins over West Kirby and  Rainhill Town, 3-0 and 4-1 respectively. I made the desicion to host my parent club, Tranmere, as we had a 14 day break over the xmas period, it also made us £22,000, a substantial figure for a club of our stature.

fa769a1e01.png

11 points clear with 10 games to go. Im happy with our current position. 

As the month came to a close, i was please to add Liam Griffin to our ranks. As you can see, he had a great debut claiming 2 assists. 

Monthly Update - January 2017

f360426b9d.png

Almost a perfect month, was very diappointed to drop the points against Mallaby. We ended the month by absolutely hammering 6th placed Capenhurst Villa 8-0, the boy Landu helping himself to 4 goals.

a19ad80805.png

That puts us 20 points clear with 6 games left to play. Cammell Laird have a game in so have 21 points left to play for, We are almost there.

We only play 2 league games a month now until April so i'll have to arrange a few friendlies i think to aid fitness and keep the lads sharp. Id like to win all 6 games now.

Monthly Update - February 2017

2336f5214e.png

Another draw see's us failing to achieve a perfect month. That said, theres some plus point; we are through to the final of the Pyke Cup and we are on course to win all six of our final league games as mentioned in the previous updates. Oh and...

b611cf6255.png

WE ARE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS! 

Cammell Laird won their game in hand so it was onto to beat Upton A A and we did just that in front of our home fans, all 27 of them :lol:

Im delighted to have secured the league so early on, i now want to focus on winning all our games and hopefully adding the Pyke Cup to our cabinet.

Youth Intake - 2017

Nothing in terms of CA but hopefully a few have the potential to progress. Not too fussed at this stage as its so cut throat with regard to contracts etc.

79bfab2c87.png

2 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Talk about a great start to the save! Well done!  Followed.

Thanks mate, appreciate you following. Great start, ive fell in love with the club too. Big things ahead hopefully.

On 12/28/2016 at 23:53, Lenzar said:

It Astra be said, that's a good first season.

Success could be Corsa-ing through the veins of this club soon.

21 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

His success is a Insignia of things to come.

I might as well join in with the awful puns!  Looks like you have them 'Firenza'-ing on all cylinders :).  Hopefully the success you've brought this season has the team on a 'Vauxhall Cresta'-of-a-wave for next season! :)

End of Season Review - 2016/17

Now the Christmans and New Year festivities are coming to an end, its time to crack on with this save (ive also found a way to speed my game up!) Decided to skip straight to the EOSR rather then waste time on the March/April review. Lets go...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Expectations:

2e727d6e6c.png

The brief was simple, avoid relegation and attempt to reach the semi's of the Pyke Cup.

League Performance:

77088a7190.png

We won the league by a massive 25 points. We scored a total of 77 goals and, pleasingly, only conceded 20 - that left us with a massive goal difference compared to our rivals. It was particularly pleasing to only lose 2 games all season too.

League Position Graph:

622877b405.png

After a bumpy start, we took top spot after the 8th game - simply put, we then never lost it.

Pyke Cup:

ccf66776ca.png

In the pre-season review, i said id like to better the boards expectations and win this competition. As you can see, we did this in a quite dominant fashion. This completed a nice little 'domestic double'.

Finances:

We started the season with 12k in the bank and ended it with a staggering £104,170. Making a quite incredible profit this season. Not sure where that really puts us in terms of the level we play at but its still a decent amount.

Stats and Awards:

e046f97280.png44c7cc077b.png

Giovanni Landu taking all the acclaims this season. Top scorer smashing in a marvellous 35 goals, highest avergae rating of 7.88, most assists with 14 and most man of the match awards with 13

Team of the Year:

0e60d47ed8.jpg

Summary

A fantastic first season at the club. Now its time to build on this achievement by establishing ourselves in our new division. Hoping that a few of the current squad will be capable of stepping up to the challenge although i know a few additions will have to be made.

Career Summary:

Season		Team			League					Position		Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 	Vauxhall Motors		West Chesire League Division One	1st			Pyke Cup Winners

My Trophy Cabinet:

West Cheshire League Division One - 2017
Pyke Cup - 2017

On 12/29/2016 at 21:45, Nobby_McDonald said:

His success is a Insignia of things to come.

On 12/30/2016 at 17:40, deltablue said:

The team in front is a Vauxhall.

On 12/30/2016 at 21:25, Makoto Nakamura said:

I hope you all Nova-ry well that we can't keep these puns up for much longer...unless we Focus. Oh. Seriously though, congrats on a great first season :D

On 12/30/2016 at 19:12, Raware said:

I might as well join in with the awful puns!  Looks like you have them 'Firenza'-ing on all cylinders :).  Hopefully the success you've brought this season has the team on a 'Vauxhall Cresta'-of-a-wave for next season! :)

Dont give up the day jobs lads :lol:

In all seriousness, thanks for your contributions :)

2 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I've just noticed you won the Pykey Cup. Not sure that's a good thing.

First prize was a new caravan which has been used as a new managers office so its all good

Pre-Season Review - 2017/18

Expectations:

cedc9814af.png

So the board have massively increased their expectations as opposed to last season. They expect me to win both the league and the Challenge Cup

The nice thing this season, is that the Top 2 get automatically promoted and there's also a play-off so i have a Plan B and even a Plan C to fall back on.

0e072071d5.png

League Betting Odds:

e9c52a4d0c.jpg

The general consensus is that we should be smashing this league apart this season. We'll see.

Pre-Season Results:

33c5605bbe.png

Again, alot of games to work on fitness. We lost to our own reserves and to Charlton but aside from that, pretty pleasing results all round.

Managers Thoughts:

A big year ahead. My aim is to continue to bolster the squad and to win promotion again, im not that fussed how - i just want to go up.

23 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Ambitious board, but I guess they wouldn't expect it if you didn't have the quality.

Im hoping to match their ambitions! Only time will tell i guess.

Monthly Update - August 2017

595a7d3a56.png

7a22bafc02.png

A fantastic start to life in Tier 10. Some really big results, literally. A slow start vs. St Helens but we put that down to match fitness, i think. Ended the month drawing with Daisy Hill. Whist it is disappointing not to get a clean sweep, i was made up with the point as we were down to 10 men after 3 minutes.

I thought id share a few updated squad pictures so you can see what im working with.

2f1823714f.png

dc354a7ca3.png

Kimmins, Daly, Griffin and Collett-McCartney are all first teamers so we will be looking to welcome them back ASAP.

Archived