FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promised land, Finally

23295502.png

It had to be China, long time now

VVmCF4H.png

It did not come easily, mind you. I interviewed at least 5 clubs, and each time they chose someone else, which created another job vacancy and I applied there and so on...

Anyway, we were predicted to finish third by a small margin. Also, this was the first time I had both transfer budget and Wage budget in 8 figures. Anyhow, onto the league:

dbvgqnG.png

Jiangsu were a pain in the **** They were on the top throughout, but luckily fell to us home and away. Which meant:

i0aDlg1.png

Man, this is big. For some reason, Guangzhou did not challenge much(okay, seven points is not huge, but we were always ahead of them). So, onto the cup

mpWsT37.png

Too many hiccups for my liking, but won it in the end.

This double gives a good boost to my reputation, but I want to stay and see if we can Get the Champions league and finish off with Asia. Anyway, the only team which I think has a better chance to win the ACL is Guangzhou, so if that jobs becomes available, I shall move on... 

Nice progress @Sankalan, winning stuff a lot quicker than me! I had a good job offer from Suwon who finished 3rd in the K League but was unlucky and missed out. Gives me hope though that my reputation is a good standard for jobs like that, staying at Bangkok United for now

150px-Huddersfield_Town_F.C.png

Huddersfield Town AFC.

Season 2018-2019.

So, my big gamble with starting in the English Leagues has paid off. Just before Xmas, with Boston United sitting in the Playoff spots in the Vanarama National League, I was offered an interview by both Huddersfield and Port Vale. Port Vale sitting in mid table of League 1 and Huddersfield Town sitting one above relegation in the Sky Championship (They finished one above the relegation spots the previous season).

I had no interest in Port Vale but Huddersfield Town are my 2nd team and i couldnt resist the interview. I was offered a 2 year contract, with a Transfer Budget of £4.7M with a decent wage budget, with a mid table finished the target. After looking over the team, i saw a lot of quality, with a huge amount of talent in the forward players, which suits my attacking formations, so i took the offer and joined as the manager of Huddersfield Town which was a massive jump up the ranks.

With a 4-2-3-1 formation, i utilised the attacking players and slowly moved up the table. With 10 games left i was sitting 6 points behind the playoffs, with 4 games against teams in those positions. After some decent results, i finished in 4th place and a playoff game against Wolves over 2 legs, a team that had beaten me twice over the course of the season, after coming back from 2-0 to win 3-2 in the recent game.

Over the course of the playoffs though, my team proved too strong and we walked away with a 7-2 result agg and a Playoff Final against Brentford to look forwards to.

A VERY tense game then ensued, with last minute goals, FOUR goals in extra time and a 16 man penalty shootout.

After all that though, i walked away from Wembley with the Premier League to look forwards to next season, where hopefully i can keep us up and with a few experienced signings, push for europe as ive been given a half decent budget.

It has paid off though and in my 4th season as a manager, i will be managing in the Premier League which will hopefully do wonders to my Rep as i look to complete the challenge further down the line.

Fixtures

Transfers

League Table

On 14/01/2017 at 09:34, TheEarl said:

The rules state to make the manager the youngest possible. Any particular reason you didn't do this? I don't think its very important, but its more that everyone starts on equal terms. (Also it means that the start of this challenge could be made cross-reference playable with Ultimate Football Manager Challenge if you want.)

But if its very important for you to have a certain age, I will allow it ;)

I just started my own on the careers forum where I randomise 3 different countries and I can't move on until I've won a cup the board actually cares about.

Then I saw this and thought I'd join in then realised that my managers birthday is my real birthday! So no specific reason for it being a different age just that I saw this thread too late to make him young again (oh how I would love to be 20 again!).

1 hour ago, andychar said:

I just started my own on the careers forum where I randomise 3 different countries and I can't move on until I've won a cup the board actually cares about.

Then I saw this and thought I'd join in then realised that my managers birthday is my real birthday! So no specific reason for it being a different age just that I saw this thread too late to make him young again (oh how I would love to be 20 again!).

If you are already in, then I say go for it @andychar

13 hours ago, pug 407 said:

Think I'll Take Part In This Once I've Finished The Ultimate Challenge. Well Done To Everyone That's Taking Part, Will Keep

Reading Your Posts Till Then

We will be honoured to have you here @pug 407

2016/17

I started unemployed with no badges (although i claimed I was 20 i was actually 27!).

I loaded 3 countries at random to start my journey. They were Kosovo, Niger and Chile.

For some reason every single job was open in both Kosovo and Niger so I clicked apply for all.

I received 36 interview offers. It took me ages and I found myself just clicking on the same answers for every club.

In the end 6 got back to me the quickest and out of those 6 i chose KF Prishtina of the Kosovo Superleague.

646px-FC_Prishtina.svg.png

Season 2016/17

I was one of the favourites for the league and the board expected nothing less than the title. They also wanted me to reach the final of the Kosovo Cup. 

When I joined the club I only had 9 players, the rest were greyed out. Fortunately all the other clubs seemed to be experiencing the same problem. I set off to improve the squad as much as possible. 

I knew I wasn't going to be here long so I stretched the finances to breaking point in the hope of improving my squad enough.

I started the season with win after win after win each one very comfortable. I hit the first stumbling block with a 0-0 draw. After that it was just plain sailing. Once again win after win after win. I hit my second stumbling block with a 1-0 loss (against the same team I had drawn 0-0 with!). Normal service resumed after that and it wasn't long until the title had been won. 

The cup was plain sailing all the way through as well.

To cut a long story short this is how my first season finished. 

20170114130435_1_zpskdddiw93.jpg20170114103708_1_zpsmsl9rc6z.jpg

I have started strong. Next up is Chile. 

Domestic Leagues Won - 1 (Kosovo)

Domestic Cups Won - 1 (Kosovo)

And at a point in life, you start thinking big...

23295502.png

This year started with bringing in Kagawa, a mistake I would try not to repeat. I bought him based on stars and did not scout well, and he spent most of the season injured

This season also saw me complete my Continental Pro License, so that is one part of my learning curve done and dusted.

The league in China is really strange. Last years perrenial challengers Jiangsu did not even come close to us at any point in the league this year. All they did though was to take the Super Cup

uTO5Vvz.png

This competition does not matter to me, neither do these:

AlDRQDY.png

Nd6P7r2.png

Jiangsu did come close in the cup, though

Now the competition that really mattered:

E3ZEYuB.png

Jiangsu, oh, they just wont leave us. Anyway, we are through, to where?

3gwGN3q.png

I have Bolivia and Peru loaded, Bolivia being the most reputable competition in South america and Peru having most qualification spots, outside ARG-BRA

Season			Club						Nation						Achievements								Comments
2016			Sheikh Jamal Dhanmodi				Bangladesh					League won								Start off!!!
2017			Sheikh Jamal Dhanmodi				Bangladesh					Independence Cup						First Cup!!!
2017/18			East Bengal FC					India						League Won								Home League!!!
2018/19			East Bengal FC					India						AFC Cup Won					
2019			Binh Duong					Vietnam						League Cup Double
2020			Hebei CFFC					China						League Cup Double
2021			Hebei CFFC					China						League, Cup, CL 							Badges complete!!

Players to Remember:Helder Postiga

Trophies won:
4/25 Leagues
3/25 Cups(3 countries)
1/9 Continental Club Trophies 

Andy, not a bad start to your game, 2 cups in your first season is always nice.

Sankalan, nice job on the Asian CL win, good luck wherever you end up.

150px-Huddersfield_Town_F.C.png

Huddersfield Town AFC

Season 2019-2020.

So, i started off the season, looking at transfers, both older and younger players to sign to push for the top end of the table, i was given a budget of around £22Million, which was nice but i was hindered by a low wage budget which meant that a lot of older players/free transfers went completely out of the window as they wanted a **** ton of money. Take a 33 year old Joe Hart free agent, i was very interested in getting a better keeper but when i try to offer him a contract, he starts off by asking for £145k P/W which is always a bad sign, In January he lowered his demands to around £50k P/W but by then i had already found a far better keeper in terms of money and age. 29 year old Kalinic who was on £27K P/W and the Croation starting keeper.

Within 2 weeks of being promoted, a big bid came in for one of my key strikers (Gallagher) for £6.5Mil, i tried to scare them off by putting a £16Mil price tag but they offered me £13 mil instead and my board decided to accept. With that money though, i managed to buy a much better (And younger) striker in Corentin Jean, a buy from Monaco. On top of that, i also had luck with getting an england international with Cameron Borthwick-Jackson. After trying to buy him from Man United when he was worth £8Mil, they wouldnt take anything less than £19Mil which was too much and then 3 days later, he was transfer listed and i got him for a cut price £3.3mil.

I got a number of other buys, all quite cheap who fitted into my setup quite well and managed to craft them into a very good premier league team, we started off stop and start, before the team hit their stride just after Xmas with 5 wins on the trot and put us right in the European fight, with the title well out of my chances, with Man U and Arsenal dominating the league.

The last 10 games, i lost only 1 game against the then Champions of the league, with 3 games to go, i came back from losing 0-1 to win 2-1 against spurs who were 1 point behind me at the time to put myself and Man City in a race for 4th place. Fortunately, my last game was against West Ham whilst Man City played Liverpool away and whilst my team dropped a 3-1 lead, Liverpool beat Man City away and secured me Champions League football in my first try!!

I will stay with Huddersfield for the time being and craft them into a cup-winning team unless i get an offer from a team like Liverpool, Man City or Tottenham (Or one of the top 3) who can give me better resources and reputation to win the cups quicker. As it stands, my squad is solid but with my 2nd best striker Nahki Wells looking to move after 7 years and a couple of aging defenders, i have been given £40Million Transfer for next year as well as an extra £120k P/W Wage Budget.

I have already agreed to buy Antonio Valencia for around the £2mil mark to bring a bit of experience to the team and with an AVG Age of 24, i am looking for a couple of experienced players to push my team into the title race next year plus give me some rotation for Europe and the Champions League.

Anyways, onwards and upwards!

Transfers

League Table

Schedule

Manager Profile

Huddersfield Squad

Great progress in Asia @Sankalan and wow Huddersfield in CL 2020 thats great @Wheresmyspacebar!

I was gutted last night. Was well into my first season, for the game to crash for the first time in ages. I loaded up my last backup savegame to find out I lost a quarter of a season. That demotivated me somewhat, but next week I should finally have the first season done and dusted.

Could be worse @TheEarl
Could have your HDD go Bye-Bye with all but 2 trophies left to get in the Ultimate Challenge in a save that was going to be record time :p
I'll take half a season any day of the week.

And well, maybe they have CL, coming 4th meant a best playoff match and i got scheduled to play Athletico Madrid. My star keeper i plucked from obscurity was sold because i didnt 'Uphold promises' when i signed him to improve the forwards, even though i bought 3 new players, 2 of which are now the best in squad, so im back to a barely premier league keeper.

On the upside, i managed to snag Raheem Stirling on a free transfer and a couple more top quality attacking midfielders, so whilst i'll let a lot of goals in, hopefully i just score more haha.

7 minutes ago, Wheresmyspacebar! said:

Could be worse @TheEarl
Could have your HDD go Bye-Bye with all but 2 trophies left to get in the Ultimate Challenge in a save that was going to be record time :p
I'll take half a season any day of the week.

And well, maybe they have CL, coming 4th meant a best playoff match and i got scheduled to play Athletico Madrid. My star keeper i plucked from obscurity was sold because i didnt 'Uphold promises' when i signed him to improve the forwards, even though i bought 3 new players, 2 of which are now the best in squad, so im back to a barely premier league keeper.

On the upside, i managed to snag Raheem Stirling on a free transfer and a couple more top quality attacking midfielders, so whilst i'll let a lot of goals in, hopefully i just score more haha.

Hehe, still sounds like fun, but anyway good luck both in league, cups and CL.

For my sake I have had a lot of work to do recently, in February I will have a less stressful month and lot more FM to play. Then I will enjoy this challenge a lot and hopefully rack up some seasons...

In the coming time I will update the posts on the first page as well, and in my first season post try to make somewhat a "standard post" for those who wish to copy my layout.

Decided to take up the challenge.

Its 2016/17 I'm a Jamaican Australian manage, 20 years old and no clue.

Loaded up Tahiti! and scored the job at AS Central Sport. Obviously a manager with no idea that when i joined the club i set about it the wrong way and didnt look into the leagues rules. Before i knew it BAM half my squad had been taken away on free transfers and with deadline day a day away i couldn't sign enough players to cover the first team so i did what i had to. I hustled the street corner for young Tahitians wanting to experience the big time and signed up those grey players!

My first season and we were predicted to come last and be relegated but we manged to get up to 5th after starting off with a winless streak of 8 games. Also without knowing we had qualified for the Oceania Champions League so that was a surprise with a trip to the cook islands for the tournament. We topped our group and then came up against New Zealand's Team Wellington in the semis who took to my team like a bunch of witches hats and we lost the first leg 9-0 at home with nothing to play for really we went out and only lost 5-1. Yeah thats right we scored!

The youth in take was ok. No standouts and some good backup players.

The French manager was scouting my non contracted CF which was weird as he hasnt been good enough to play for Tahiti.

2017/18
Season 2 and we were again predicted to be last. I told the board mid table will do us and i got a wage balance (which was way too much) and finally after 18months an application came through for my Director of Football. Being the inexperienced manager and no idea about Tahitian football i needed help. My DOF signed up a few guns and we went about our business managing to finish second making the playoffs. Leading up to the semi final against AS Dragon we were subject to takeover rumors of local business tycoon. The game ended 1-1 and was going to penalties. My 40 year old goalkeeper managed to save the first and we went on to score our 5 penalties taking us through to the final!

Before the final our takeover was complete and a massive 80k was pumped into the club. We were up against AS Tefana who has won the league the last 3 times. AS Tefana scored first and we dominated the game but could not score until the 80th minute where our captain scored! The match ended in extra time 1-1 and we went to penalties AS Tefana scored their first 5 and on our 5th my new regen CM missed and we lost. We have qualified for the OCL though.

My youth intake produced on first team member who missed the penalty in the final. He was also scouted by the French manager but has been called up to the Oceania U20 champs.

With the new board i have been able to bump up junior coaching funds and we are upgrading our training facilities.

Not sure if i want to leave Tahiti until i have conquered the league.

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   | Media Prediction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  | AS Central Sport | 5th        | No                   | Semi Final           | None           | 10th (Last)
2017/18  | AS Central Sport | 2nd        | Yes                  | N/A                  | None           | 10th (Last)  - Lost final on penalties

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2017/18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

New Text Document.txt

Bangkok_United_logo.png

Bangkok United: Third Time Lucky?

FA Cup/League Cup: - As i've said from the start of being at this club we're one of the better sides in Thailand, not the best but we're up there, again though 3rd season in a row, was only met with disappointment in the cups. After getting in the Final and losing the season before, this year we were knocked out of the League Cup in the Quarter Final to title challegners Muangthong United, and lost in the FA Cup in the 2nd round by a team in the division below, poor.

The League: - BATTLE OF THE BOTTLERS:

This league came down to who wasn't as bad as the other at bottling it. The 3 main teams, us, Muangthong and Buririam were up there fighting for the title again, as were a new challenger, Chiangrai. Champions Buririam fell away a bit and whilst Chiangrai were up there it was mainly down to us and Muangthong

I was 8 point clear at one point, with 5 games to go Muangthong were 1 point clear with a game in hand, bottlejobs again?

2 Games to go, bottlejobs this time were Muangthong.

.2 games to go.png

All to play for. The penultimate game results. Chonburi 1-2 Bangkok United.  Army Utd 1-3 Muangthong.

Down to the final game where i played Chagrai where as they faced Chonburi...

We were 2-1 down at half time, Muangthong were 2-1 up, oh no we haven't bottled it on the last day :(

73rd minute in the Muangthong game.. 2-2!! however they were still on for the title

78th minute in out game.. GOALLLLLL 2-2!!!!!!!!!!! WE WERE BACK IN FIRST.

The games finished like this and somehow we won the league, i could not believe how much we both bottled it

title.png

We've qualified for the Champions League but i don't think i want to stay here any longer, i'll see how it goes.

Season:                     Club:                                    Position:

2016/17 -                   Muungano                                 7th in Champions Playoff

2017/18                     Muungano/France U21s                     Resigned from Muungano in 7th in the first league stage

2018 -                   Bangkok United/France U21s                              4th

2019                     Bangkok United/France U21s                           2nd, Fa Cup final defeat, Euro U21 Final defeat

2020                     Bangkok United                               1st!

Trophies Won:
1/25 league titles

P.S if someone can advise me on how to set these out better than please do

@Sankalan what are the squad registration rules in your Chinese Super League?

Update: I resigned from Bangkok United after winning the title, got a big move in China to Tianjin TEDA. Will do a full update at the end of the season.

£££££ Galore

After finishing second (losing the final on penalties) the season before with AS Central Sport in Tahiti we went into the 2018/19 season on a high. We won the first 14 games in a row to set ourselves up for the finals campaign. Before that we managed to beat AS tefana and win the Tahiti Cup my first silverware as a manager!

We finished on top of the league by 15 points and with the semi final approaching BAM the Tahiti U23 manager called up 11 first team squad members for the Pacific games (which didn't start for another month) we went into the game with some decent backup options but they were unable to pull through and we lost 2-1. A bitter end.

My backroom team also refused to sign new contracts because we weren't a big enough team for them and so i made the decision to resign.

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   | Media Prediction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  | AS Central Sport     | 5th        | No                   | Semi Final           | None           | 10th (Last)
2017/18  | AS Central Sport     | 2nd        | Yes                  | N/A                  | None           | 10th (Last)  
2018/19  | AS Central Sport     | 1st in Div | No                   | Group Stage (2nd)    | Tahiti Cup     | 5th 

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2017/18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018/19 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2019/20 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups (Tahiti Cup)

I have now taken a job in my Managers home country of Jamaica which seems to be a step down from Tahiti.

The team i have signed for is Cousin's Cove United in the second division.

I've never been good at challenges, often giving up after only a few seasons, but I've always loved playing with the extended leagues and so I am hoping that this one captivates me for longer than usual. Similar to most, I've decided to start off in Oceania, and have landed a great job at Hienghene Sports, the best team in New Caledonia.

Hienghène Sports.jpeg

Manager Profile

Club Competitions

Journey Map

Having completed my 25 hr plane journey from Milan, Italy to Kone, New Caledonia,  I arrive at a team sitting comfortably in first place with a 10-point lead over their nearest rivals. From reading previous posts, it appears that the New Caledonian league system seems to be fairly unique compared to other Oceanic leagues, as it maintains a more traditional system of the 1st placed team winning the league outright, rather than having to go into a set of playoffs. It also appears slightly larger than most other Oceanic leagues, with 13 teams battling it out over 24 games. With Hienghene Sports already having played 14 of these 24 games, and as mentioned previously, gained a 10-point cushion on the team in second place, I have to admit that I am fairly confident of winning my first domestic league this season.

Another advantage of starting in New Caledonia, is that it also gives me the opportunity to win my first domestic cup, an area that I know others have been struggling in. The Coupe de Caledonia includes all 24 teams in the country, and as favourites to lift it, I am hoping to get this challenge off to a great start. I have no idea when I will post my first end-of-season update, but I hope that I get into this challenge, and that it will be very soon.

Sometimes, something is better than nothing

114.png

Well, don't get overexited by the logo, I got a job with the Iran U23s, not the main team. Good club jobs were not coming up, and staying at the top of Chinese league was not helping my reputation. So I decided to quid China.  And, a trip to Tehran was welcome.

6drNO4l.png

The agenda was Asian Games, and actually, Iran was coming to China. So:

BzIUe79.png

The hosts gave us a hard time, but apart from that, All was well

Another Cup to my CV...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Torneo_Descentralizado#Torneo_Clausura

@TheEarl does the Clausura count as a league?

On 10/29/2015 at 03:40, vikeologist said:

Mexico - Some Central and South American nations have 2 league championships a year; the Apertura and Clausura. Both count. The Mexican Cup also counts towards the challenge. Not all the top division clubs (the ones in continental competition) are in it, but it's the only domestic cup in Mexico.

16 minutes ago, Sankalan said:

If the nation do not have a final playoff, then both Clausura or Apertura will count. If there is a final match between the 2 winners, you need to win that final match.

Asian Games do not count however, as it needs to be the Asian Cup (full side not U23)

I know Asian Games don't count.

Peru has the following structure:

Torneo Apertura: 15 matches

Torneo Clausura: 15 matches, teams retain all statistics from Apertura. So table consists of 30 games.

Tabla Acumulada: 14 games(League splits into two groups of Even and Odd position teams) All stats from Apertura and Clausura retained. 

So, does Being at the top of the Clausura table(ie 30 games) count for anything

12 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

If the nation do not have a final playoff, then both Clausura or Apertura will count. If there is a final match between the 2 winners, you need to win that final match.

Asian Games do not count however, as it needs to be the Asian Cup (full side not U23)

12 minutes ago, Sankalan said:

I know Asian Games don't count.

Peru has the following structure:

Torneo Apertura: 15 matches

Torneo Clausura: 15 matches, teams retain all statistics from Apertura. So table consists of 30 games.

Tabla Acumulada: 14 games(League splits into two groups of Even and Odd position teams) All stats from Apertura and Clausura retained. 

So, does Being at the top of the Clausura table(ie 30 games) count for anything

Then I would say in Peru, you need to win Clausura. Apertura and Acumulada would not count.

Great if people can inform of league structure when going new places. And I will try to summarize on the first page when I have time.

Hienghène Sports.jpeg

Hienghene Sports - 2016 Season Review

Competitions

(Weirdly, it was 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, and 1 for a loss in the league)

Fixtures/Results

League - I have to admit that the league could have gone smoother, but I managed to maintain that 10-point margin and so comfortably secured my first domestic league. After starting off with a surprise 3-0 loss, our form fluctuated quite a bit, but we managed to win enough games to grab us the title. As I mentioned in the previous post, it was expected, so there's not much else to report as far as the league is concerned.

Cup - The Coupe de Caledonia was definitely the most disappointing part of the season. Being knocked out in the quarter-final of a cup that I should have won is a truth made even more bitter by the fact that this cup actually counted, and so I definitely feel that I have missed an opportunity here. It would have been very nice to get both a league and a cup completed after only the first season, but I expect this is only one of many disappointments to come throughout this challenge, and so I'll try not to get too hung up about it.

I decided after only a few games that I was going to move on straight away after this season, as it's an unbalanced, underpopulated league that really doesn't interest me, and so only a few days after resigning from the club, I took over the recently vacated role at Fijian side Ba. After just finishing runners-up in their league, I definitely feel that I can achieve something with them, and so here's hoping for future success.

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.| Cont. achievements| Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016     | Hienghene Sports | 1st        | Yes              | N/A               | League Title |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual.| World ranking| Trophies won|
-----------------------------------------------------------
2016    | N/A  | N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1x New Caledonia - Hienghene Sports)  
0/25 Domestic Cups

The Earls Giant Quest

I started out as a 20 year old manager born in the Norwegian city of Moss, with parents from Norway and Sweden it gave a dual citizenship. Already at young age had 5 fluent languages. Startup profile.

I quickly applied for 2 jobs, and got interview with both, but ended up accepting the job offer from the following club:

ASEC Mimosas

My travel journey was quite far you could say, it would take either 13-14 hours by plane or more than 100 hours by car. I needed help from my family to buy me the ticket as this was far too long and dangerous journey by car. This was my route

The club plays in Ligue 1 in Ivory Coast. The league runs from november until september with quite a few breaks given the play only 26 games. 14 teams plays each other twice. I started the game in July-2016 so I had quite some time before the season. The club was knocked out of African Champions League, and Coupe de Cote D'Ivoire (FA Cup). I had a chance at an early title though, as the game let me contest in Coupe de la Ligue (League Cup.) We had a disappointing game in the semi final though. Only managing 1-1 at home to AFAD Djekanou after 90 minutes. In stoppage time one of my defenders got a red card, and with all substitutions made we had to play extra time with only 3 defenders. It proved vital as AFAD scored and we could not respond. So we lost 1-2 a.e.t. to be knocked out.

In the league we started off pretty well with 7 wins from the first 9 games. But some of our best players demanded to leave and I could not prevent the board from accepting some "good offers" for my star players. We went into a bit of a bad run and half way through we where 2-3 place. It was close though, so no big concern. In the second transfer window we could sign some quality players and in the end we won 10 games out of 12 and clinched the title with 2 games to go. We lost the final league match but by then I was far more concerned about the cup runs.

In the FA-Cup we had easy run in 2nd round, 3rd round and quarter final, playing teams from a lower division. (Only Ligue 1 is playable.) Then we got WAC away in the semi final. I was happy as this was one of the teams from Ligue 1 that really shouldn't trouble us. With 2-1 win away and 3-1 win at home in the league, I expected us to win comfortably here as well. We did what was expected of us in the first half going 2-0 up. But since we played a match only a few days earlier, something unusual in this country, my players felt fatigued. We managed to let in 2 goals in the second half and another one in extra time to loose 2-3 a.e.t.

I was really out to get revenge in the League Cup then. And we did by finally winning 2-0 against Africa Sports in the final. 

So a double for the first season, not a bad start. I now hold a National C License, speak good French in addition to starting languages, and my reputation is up to 10 percent. Also I acquired 40 HOF-points, 25 from winning the league, and 15 from League Cup.

League Table

Fixtures Part 1

Fixtures Part 2

HOF Points

Manager profile End of Season

My best player this season was by far the striker Lansana Camara, he scored 32 goals and made 16 assists in 34 matches played. Later in the challenge I will keep a record of my all time best XI, but right now that would obviously be just the players from this season.

The club has gone bad in terms of finances and I hope to find a new club really soon. But at the moment there are no clubs the catches my eye so I will stick around for a while. The club is currently in a possible take over process putting a transfer embargo to stop me from signing new players. I got a really good talent in the recruitment, but he plays out of position from my tactics so I might have to change a bit there if I play another season to develop him properly. However the club despite running in debt want to increase my wage budget by almost 200% so this might be fun to see how far I can bring the club in Champions League.

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season by season stats

2016-2017 ASEC Mimosas - Ligue 1 (Ivory Coast) - Winners - Won League Cup - Semi Final FA Cup (Also contested previous season League Cup Semi Final)

Total landmarks

2/70

Specific landmarks

1/25 domestic league titles (1/3 for African continent) - 2016/17 (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas)

1/25 domestic cup titles (1 different country) - 2017 League Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas)

Total matches played

37 matches - 27 wins - 4 draws - 6 losses - 107 goals scored - 49 goals conceded - 72% win percentage

Overall top goalscorer

Lansana Camara - 32 goals

Best XI

Midfielder: Moussa Traore - 29 matches - 7 goals - 7 assists - 7,27 Av.rat - 149,30 points

Striker: Lansana Camara - 34 matches - 32 goals - 16 assists - 7,52 Av.rat - 356,48 points

Travel distance

8989 km

Manager reputation and badges

10% reputation - National C License

Spoken languages

Fluent: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English and German

Good: French

Thanks @ryanlion28. Ivory Coast is far more balanced than DR Congo. As you mention DR Congo has really two teams dominating (or one team if you are very picky). Ivory  Coast several teams can challenge, but I would say that ASEC is probably the most promising club. They also have a really good youth setup and one can expect some nice newgens. Hopefully I wont stay here too long though, as it will be time to move to a new destination.

tianjin.gif

After winning the title in Thailand, i felt like it best to move on to a bigger Asian country, and chose to resign. I applied and had a job interview at one Chinese club and got rejected, however Tianjin TEDA took a chance on me

The Chinese Super League is full of talented foreigners but not so many talented Chinese players. They have strict rules, being a maximum of 5 foreigners registered, with 4 in the starting xi. The problem at Tianjin is the foreigners i did have were aging, and i was required to sign 'high profile players'. I immediately tried to offload a few foreigners but nobody bought them and they ended up extremely unhappy, i did manage to bring in a well known FM talent from previous years Gaston Gil Romero on loan as well as a talented young Slovakian striker Tomas Jacko, however ended up with one foreign player too many, having one unregistered on 45k a week. Whoops.

The season was difficult but we wasn't good enough to battle for the title, we finished 7th in the end and lost in the FA Cup Quarter Final in a hard fought game. Not too riveting a season so not worth posting too many screenshots!

csl table.png

jacko.png I really like Tomas, with this challenge it's probably best to sign ready made players as we don't wanna be here too long. But i like to manage teams properly and he was a really good player for us after a slow start.

Next season depends on who we bring in in the transfer window, hopefully we can improve on 7th.

Cameroon

I finally got offered an international senior job, Cameroon crashed out of the 2021 AFCON Final losing 3-1 to Senegal, and since then i have taken over to continue WCQ, which i qualified to the World Cup with ease finishing top of a group of Senegal,Togo and Ethiopia without losing a game. 

I'm here for the AFCON really, but i wanna do well in the World Cup. The squad is aging, it's probably not the best team to give me a chance of winning the AFCON but it's a decent squad to challenge

ason:                     Club:                                    Position:

2016/17 -                   Muungano                                 7th in Champions Playoff

2017/18                     Muungano/France U21s                     Resigned from Muungano in 7th in the first league stage

2018 -                   Bangkok United/France U21s                              4th

2019                     Bangkok United/France U21s                           2nd, Fa Cup final defeat, Euro U21 Final defeat

2021                    Tianjin TEDA/Cameroon                         7th

Trophies Won:
1/25 league titles

Decided to give this challenge a go alongside my sister city challenge I decided to go the Oceanic route and start off at Matavera from the Cook Islands

MATAVERA+FC.png

7618.jpg

Despite coming last in the Round Cup last season they have given me expectations of 4th. My own personal aim will be champions. I will try to win all 3 required Oceanic leagues finishing off with a Champions League run with a New Zealand club.

I'm doing this challenge to see if I can rekindle some of my passion for FM. I've finished my first season and will post an update this evening when I'm home.

I was wondering though how the regional leagues in Brazil are counted. Do they count as a League or Cup competition?

@karax268 welcome to the challenge. We will all be looking forward to your updates.

As for Brazilian regional leagues, they do not count. So for instance Rio State Championship do not count, but please mention it if you win it. When it comes to cups other than Copa Perdigao do Brasil, so for instance you have a cup called Copa do Nordeste. This is a cup competition so at long as more than 10 teams enter, its valid as a cup.

So here goes.

Meet Markus van Leeuwen: link
A 20 year old Dutchman on the cusp of what will ( hopefully) be a great carreer.

I Applied to several teams in the Oceania region and after several interviews ended up at Veitongo, who play in the Tongan National League. The team had played two matches of the 12 match competition when I joined them and had won both of them. I dind't continue that great start. 3 draws followed by a loss saw me back in third place. A change in tactic brought the troops in line and we went on a winning streak. With one match to go we secured my first piece of Silverware.

At that point I started looking for interesting jobs elsewhere, but nothing came up. So late january I entered the O league

http://o-league 17_zpsbjw8omo9.jpg

We did as well as could be expected. coming second in the prelimenary round was enough to see us through to the main stages but not enough to advance to the semis. We beat two of our group but were outclassed by eventual champions Wellington.

I've advanced time to the beginning of the next season, meanwhile looking for a new job. Nothing came of it except an interview with an egyptian team who decided to go with someone else. So it seems another season with Veitongo is on the cards

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.| Cont. achievements| Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016     | Veitongo         | 1st        | Yes              | 2nd in group stage| League Title |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

League titles
1/3 Oceania  
0/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
0/3 N-America
0/3 S-America
0/3 Europe

0/7 Other leagues

0/25 Domestic Cups

12 hours ago, karax268 said:

So here goes.

Meet Markus van Leeuwen: link
A 20 year old Dutchman on the cusp of what will ( hopefully) be a great carreer.

I Applied to several teams in the Oceania region and after several interviews ended up at Veitongo, who play in the Tongan National League. The team had played two matches of the 12 match competition when I joined them and had won both of them. I dind't continue that great start. 3 draws followed by a loss saw me back in third place. A change in tactic brought the troops in line and we went on a winning streak. With one match to go we secured my first piece of Silverware.

At that point I started looking for interesting jobs elsewhere, but nothing came up. So late january I entered the O league

http://o-league 17_zpsbjw8omo9.jpg

We did as well as could be expected. coming second in the prelimenary round was enough to see us through to the main stages but not enough to advance to the semis. We beat two of our group but were outclassed by eventual champions Wellington.

I've advanced time to the beginning of the next season, meanwhile looking for a new job. Nothing came of it except an interview with an egyptian team who decided to go with someone else. So it seems another season with Veitongo is on the cards

CLUB

2016     | Veitongo         | 1st        | Yes              | 2nd in group stage| League Title |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

League titles
1/3 Oceania  
0/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
0/3 N-America
0/3 S-America
0/3 Europe

0/7 Other leagues

0/25 Domestic Cups

Ah good old Tonga. Probably one of the worst FIFA Oceanian teams! Good place to start and well done on the league title @karax268

Cameroon - 2022 World Cup

Obviously I don't expect to win the World Cup with Cameroon but this was my first senior international tournament and I wanted to impress.

I was paired in a group of Germany, Serbia and Costa Rica. 2nd was possible

Group Stage

Spoiler

Cameroon 2-1 Germany - WOW! what a result against one of the favourites! We deserved it too, having more of the shots and clear cut chances.

Cameroon 0-1 Serbia - oh. We were poor in this one and deserved to lose, Serbia are a decent side.

A Serbia win v Germany would mean a draw would be enough to get me through,or a win for myself will guarantee it.

Cameroon 0-2 Costa Rica. - Rubbish again, we beat Germany and lose to these, deservedly so too.

2nd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Aftermath

Spoiler

Our squad is aging but i'm not going to resign over this. AFCON will be here in 2 years and we have a good chance of winning.

EDIT: - Scrap that, sacked after the World Cup ended. I feel it's harsh but oh well. Cape Verde got to the semi-finals

10 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Ah good old Tonga. Probably one of the worst FIFA Oceanian teams! Good place to start and well done on the league title @karax268

I admit that was part of the reason for going there. Starting at the bottom and moving my way to the very top.

Though break on the sacking, it did seem a bit harsh.

I will edit this post, when I get a job. 

But to kick off things:

I have loaded up 11 Caribbean-esque leagues - Trinidad and Tobago being one. My aim is at first one of the small leagues, and then moving on to Jamaica, then either Mexico or the US for a final North American run.

I think you kinda have to add players to playable teams to be able to start with this really. Unless you're starting with a lower league method in England, countries in the Caribbean and Oceania barely have anyone on the database

tianjin.thumb.gif.ceac11c0eb20a4bbe89d05526ea2c806.gif

After disappointment mid-season with Cameroon, how did my second season in China go?

League

58968023284f5_CSL3rd.thumb.png.ae99aa56f0c2768d6feb1f1e2bc60d3b.png A strong end to the season made  me qualify for the Champions League. We were absolutely riddled with injuries at the start of the season, which made us unable to catch up. As soon as our foreign players came back we went on a great run of form.

FA Cup

589680ba995e8_facup.thumb.png.9eeb3897de0e536b7c613ee867d2e35f.png

Less said about this the better. Lesson learnt, don't think the job is done and play a few players that are about to retire to give them a final goodbye.

I'm at a good club here, and probably have a decent chance of winning the champions league. I don't know if South Korea is a stronger league or not, but we'll have to find out.

ason:                     Club:                                    Position:

2021                    Tianjin TEDA/Cameroon                         7th

2022                    Tianjin/Cameroon                               3rd/Sacked after getting knocked out at group stage with Cameroon

Trophies Won:
1/25 league titles

Archived