FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

The Giant 70 Challenge

First of all this challenge requires you to download claasens Mega Pack of extra leagues playable. You can not choose other add-ons only these databases are allowed and they are all required. How many leagues you load at any time is still up to you.

Download link to @claassen Megapack can be found here: 

This Challenge follows very much the same procedure as Ultimate Football Manager Challenge, but its bigger and you are bound to be taken to many places you have never managed before.

Ultimate Football Manager Challenge was originally made by an idea from @LetsGetReadyTo and is now maintained by @vikeologist and a link to that challenge can be found here: 

Starting up:

Make sure the database add-on from claasen is activated with no other database add-ons. Then load a game with as few or many leagues as you want, and change around during game time as much as you want also. Attribute masking is optional, but in-game editor is a no no. Its also recommended that "Do Not Add Key Staff" is unticked. 

Start a manager that is the youngest possible 19-20 years, and with no coaching badges and Sunday League Footballer reputation. Holiday for as short or long time as you want and apply for jobs.

Requirements:

The following competitions must be won in order to claim the Giant 70 achievement:

CLUB TROPHIES

- 25 Domestic Top League. (There is a minimum of 3 leagues from each of the 6 continents, so 18 of the leagues are somewhat bound.)

- 25 Domestic Cup Competitions (Where minimum 10 clubs enter) , from a minimum of 20 different nations. This could be anything from a Checkatrade Trophy to the top FA-Cup of the nation though. 

- 10 Continental/World club comptetitions. The mandatory competitions are: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, CONCACAF Champions League, African Champions League, African Confederations Cup, Asian Champions League, O-League and Club World Cup. (In the event that a bug stops you from participating in Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, you can swap these for AFC Cup and Caribbean Club Cup, BUT only if the savegame has this bug.)

- 10 International trophies. The mandatory competitions are: World Cup, Confederations Cup, Olympics, UEFA Euro (European Championships), Copa America, Gold Cup, Africa Cup of Nations, CHAN, Asia Cup (Nations), Oceania Cup

Totally 70 trophies for the biggest challenge yet to be achieved in FM.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLS registration:

A bit of a potential bug though:

I had a player on loan from Man.City our affiliate, after the season I got the chance to resign him. I really wanted it as he is by far the best right back in my squad. The deal was approved but then I was prompted to do squad registration. The registration is not open yet, so it seemed impossible to advance the game. I couldn't stop the transfer after I confirmed it either. 

The solution: Go on holiday for 1 day, even got to keep the player.

Copa Libertadores:

There has been an issue with all versions up to 17.3 that there is a known bug the competition can stop scheduling. Its supposed to be fixed from 17.3 on but yet to be totally confirmed.

Provisional Leaderboards

Manager profilename - number of trophies - Last know club/country - Last known season - Last real date for update

@TheEarl - 15/70 - Mattersburg - 2026/27 - 11/10/17
@oohlala111 - 10/70 - Al-Ahli(UAE) / UAE - 2025/26 - 17/09/17
@Sankalan  - 8/70 - Hebei CFFC - 2021 - 17/01/17
@lvzifer - 5/70 - MAS Fes/New Zealand U23 - 2021/22 - 26/09/17
@Tony Hawker - 4/70 - Team Wellington/Uganda - 2019/20 - 23/12/16
@TurtleNick - 4/70 - Eastern Suburbs/Morocco - 2018/19 - 26/12/16
@winterburnsilva - 3/70 - Egnatia - 2020/21 - 27/08/17 
@karax268 - 3/70 - Ballena Shizuoka - 2018 - 08/02/17
@bigmattb28 - 2/70 - Derbyshire Colts - 2016 - 20/11/17
@nmassey - 2/70 - Pyongyang City - 2016 - 16/11/17
@andychar  - 2/70 - FC Prishtina - 2016/17 - 17/01/17
@m_hubbard2000 - 2/70 - SV Estrellas - 2017 - 05/04/17
@makovn - 2/70 - Hapoel Hafia/Ivory Coast - 2018/19 - 15/10/17
@ryanlion28 - 1/70 - Tianjin TEDA/Cameroon - 2022 - 05/02/17
@ashvive - 1/70 - AS Central Sport - 2018/19 - 22/01/17
@Aaron Ryan - 1/70 - Hienghene Sports - 2016 - 23/01/17

Mandatory parts of challenge completed

Manager profilename - completed parts - notes

@Sankalan - 1 - Won minimum 3 leagues in Asia. (Bangladesh, India, Vietnam, China) Also won the Asian Championsleague

@TheEarl - 1 - Won minimum 3 league in Africa. (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt) Also won African Champions League, African Confederations Cup and CHAN internationally.

10/70 trophies collected

Manager profilename - ingame season - real life date

@oohlala111 - 2025/26 - 17/09/17
@TheEarl - 2022/23 - 18/09/17

This sounds very interesting! I'm struggling to download the files and my computer's speed is horrendous but once both problems are sorted out (getting new PC for Xmas ;)) I will hopefully begin this challenge and see how much of it I can complete :) 

UPDATE: I have sorted out downloading the files and I can manage with my rubbish PC for now so I am BEGINNING THE CHALLENGE! I will update when I see fit with screenshots, text etc :p

Solomon Warriors FC.png

Solomon Warriors

And so, our story begins with the team Solomon Warriors who, as you might have guessed, come from the Solomon Islands in Oceania. We are the favourites to lift the Telekom S-League trophy, which works as a 9 team league of which the bottom team is relegated. The other 8 teams participate in a knockout league, with the top 2 qualifying for the OFC Champions League. My aim this season is to obviously win the title and qualify for the Champions League, however it is unlikely I will win the OFC CL with this team. 

Updates will continue as I make my way through this exciting team!

Until then, laters! :p 

20161218181033_1.jpg

Solomon Warriors Logo.png

Solomon Warriors

We are halfway through our first season at Solomon Warriors. Somehow, the media prediction has changed to make us favourites to finish 8th (the last playoff spot) so we will be hoping to prove them wrong. A few crucial first-team injuries have occurred this season, meaning we have had to sign five players (although a few of them were for positions nobody was natural in). With that in mind, the league campaign began... (my results and game reviews are hidden inside the spoiler :p)

Spoiler

GAME 1: KOSSA 0-1 Solomon Warriors We were 2nd best for the whole match but we got a lucky break and won the match narrowly to make it a great debut.

GAME 2: Solomon Warriors 2-2 Real Kakamora This was a very even match in which we took an early lead. However, we had to come back from 2-1 down to claim a disappointing home draw.

GAME 3: Solomon Warriors 4-2 Koloale. Once again, we could've performed better stats-wise but we got another result in the bag.

GAME 4: West Honiara 1-3 Solomon Warriors We went behind early on but 3 goals in 5 minutes turned it around for us away from home.

GAME 5: Western United 2-3 Solomon Warriors An unbelievable comeback from us as we came back from 2-0 behind to win on yet another away day.

GAME 6: Solomon Warriors 2-0 FC Guadalcanal Another good performance as we limited our opposition to absolutely 0 shots on target. Our unbeaten run continues!

GAME 7: Solomon Warriors 2-0 Malaita Kingz It's becoming too easy. Another dominating display from us as we eased to victory once more.

GAME 8: Solomon Warriors 5-3 KOSSA Our 3rd home game in a row and what a goalfest it turned out to be! First we went 1-0 down, then we scored 2 goals in under 60 seconds before adding another shortly before halftime. Their 2nd goal was cancelled out by a 4th for us and their comeback was halted as we ended it late on to make it 5-3. It was an amazing game, I can assure you!

GAME 9: Marist Fire 1-1 Solomon Warriors Finally, our winning run was ended against surprise package Marist Fire. We dominated from the start and we were rewarded with a goal but we became complacent and we threw it away to draw 1-1. Still, it was a good result that maintained our unbeaten run and secured a place in the playoffs (i.e. not coming last and being relegated!)

My PC is really old and rubbish so simple things like downloads don't always work very well. Therefore, until I get my new PC, things like screenshots are not possible as I can't download the software required to edit them. For now, I hope this format will do and I am working on it! 

Well, I'll see you for the end of season update- probably tomorrow, if not Wednesday- where you will find out if we have managed to hold out for the title! Before I go, seeing as screenshot editors aren't available, I will show you the league standings myself... (Remember- there's 16 games in a season :))

1. Solomon Warriors (P9, 23 pts)

2. KOSSA (P10, 17 pts)

3. Western United (P9, 16 pts)

4. Koloale (P10, 15 pts)

5. FC Guadalcanal (P10, 15 pts)

6. Marist Fire (P11, 14 pts)

7. Malaita Kingz (P8, 9 pts)

8. Real Kakamora (P9, 6 pts)

9. West Honiara (P10, 3 pts)

Solomon Warriors Logo.png

Solomon Warriors

Just over halfway through the season (I posted 9 out of 16 results last time!) everything was in our hands. We had practically qualified for the playoffs but our aim was to consolidate that first place spot so as to get the best possible seeding. We managed to stay mostly injury-free which really helped although you can't always blame poor form on injuries. Once again, my dreadful PC means I will have to type up all the results! :seagull:    Well, without further ado, here we go... 

Spoiler

GAME 10: Solomon Warriors 2-1 West Honiara In my opinion, this has got to be one of the best games of the season, if not the best. We were surprisingly behind at home to bottom club West Honiara (who were later relegated) but we equalized in the 89th minute. I thought we would have to settle for a draw but we managed to win in the 90th minute. It was unbelievable!

GAME 11: Koloale 0-2 Solomon Warriors A comfortable victory in the end, they never really threatened us at all.

GAME 12: Real Kakamora 0-3 Solomon Warriors If the last game was comfortable, this was even more comfortable against 8th placed Real Kakamora as our unbeaten run stretched to 12 games.

GAME 13: Solomon Warriors 1-1 Western United And so began a run of poor results. To be honest, we were lucky to draw this game so I would definitely take a point at this stage. We were very close to securing 1st place in the league stage now.

GAME 14: FC Guadalcanal 0-0 Solomon Warriors We were by far the better side but Guadalcanal did very well to hold us to a goalless draw.

GAME 15: Solomon Warriors 1-1 Marist Fire We just cannot beat them. 1-1 away, 1-1 home (although, interestingly, there isn't a home or away in this league. Everyone shares a stadium in Honiara). They appear to have been our "bogey team" this season despite the streak continuing.Even though we only earnt a point, we guaranteed a first place finish in the league here.

GAME 16: Malaita Kingz 1-3 Solomon Warriors We ended the league superbly with a win against Malaita Kingz. We dominated from start to finish and were unlucky not to score more. 

So, as I said, we came 1st in the league stage- by 7 points, in fact. And so, we entered the knockout stage. The way it works is this- 1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 7th, 3rd plays 6th and 4th plays 5th over 2 legs (now you see why coming 1st is so important!). Then there is a draw for a 1 legged semi-final before the final is played to decide the winner. According to the rules, two teams qualify for the OFC Champions League which means all you have to do is get to the final and you're in it. With that in mind, we were drawn against Real Kakamora.

Spoiler

First leg- Real Kakamora 0-1 Solomon Warriors An own goal late in the second half settled this leg. Away goals don't count but that win still puts us in pole position going into the "home" leg as I assume FM17 algorithms take home/away into account, whether there actually is one or not.

Second leg- Solomon Warriors 2-1 Real Kakamora They equalized on aggregate early on which made me a bit nervous, but we drew the second leg level shortly before halftime before making it 3-1 on aggregate late on.  

We only won tightly in each match, but in reality we dominated both games as was expected against the team in 8th place. Moving on, the draw for the semi-finals was about to begin and we got Guadalcanal, who came 6th in the league and saw off Marist Fire in a 6-6 aggregate thriller that ended in a penalty shootout victory...

Spoiler

FC Guadalcanal 0-1 Solomon Warriors a.e.t We were once again the better side but needed extra time to see off Guadalcanal via a Judd Molea penalty on 100 minutes exactly. Interesting fact- we had 3 penalties this season and only scored 1. 

Once again, the scoreline flattered our opposition as we were the dominant team in the fixture. We should have killed it off much earlier but I wasn't too bothered as the result confirmed not only our place in the final but a place in the group stage of the OFC Champions League!! We were drawn against KOSSA in the final- could we go one step further and win the Telekom S-League?!

Spoiler

Solomon Warriors 2-1 KOSSA a.e.t WE DID IT! A very equal match for once, they took the lead in the 2nd half and I honestly thought it wasn't going to be our day. However, we managed to equalize in the 82nd minute before going on to win it very late on in the 110th minute. I was ecstatic afterwards and celebrated long into the night! (It was night when I played it :p)

When I took charge of these team, I couldn't imagine me saying the words "Solomon Warriors" and "champions" in one sentence unless they were joined by the word "not". However, the amazing squad I have at my disposal has proved me wrong and we are now the most successful side in the competition with 3 title wins. Even better, we have qualified for the OFC Champions League group stage. There are 4 groups of 4 teams, with the top team in each group advancing into the 2 legged semi-finals. The winners play in the final. We will do well to get out of our group, especially considering the dominance of Auckland City- they have won the last SIX Champions Leagues and they're on for a seventh this season! 

My aim next season is to win the league again (at the least, qualify for the OFC CL), not draw Auckland City in our CL group and try not to come last in it! If a decent job becomes available in pre-season however, I might take it as I don't see myself winning the CL with this side and I need to get more domestic league titles/cups under my belt- there is no domestic cup in this league!! I am studying for a National A license and currently have a National B license which could help me get a better job. I would show you some screenshots of my best players at the club but you already know the story ;) 

Thanks so much for reading, sorry if I bored you to death and I'll see you next time! :) 

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | N/A (didn't qualify) | League Title   |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

43 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I will join myself in the holidays as well.

@oohlala111 could you at the end of a season post, update like in Ultimate Football Manager Challenge what kind of competitions you have won. Will make it easier to make a Leaderboard in the future.

OK I will do! 

18 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

OK I will do! 

Cool :)

There are no Domestic Cups in Solomon Islands?

Great introduction about the league structure and number of games, but telling about what cups exist also should be done as we will see so many leagues people never played in before ;)

4 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Cool :)

There are no Domestic Cups in Solomon Islands?

Great introduction about the league structure and number of games, but telling about what cups exist also should be done as we will see so many leagues people never played in before ;)

I would have said about the cups in the Solomon Islands but you're right. There aren't any. In future, I will discuss cups in more detail if there are any.To be honest, the lack of cups is one of the reasons I want to move on relatively quickly from this team. :) 

By the way- does winning a league twice count as two towards the 25 or does it have to be 25 separate leagues? :p 

Image result for as aorai football

A.S. AoraI

Manager Profile - My accepted job offer - Club History - Squad - Our only player!

Well this is going to be tough, we have one player on the books and we play in the Tahitian Second Division where we're predicted to finish 4th out of 8.

You may ask why I chose to make my manager from Madagascar? Well, that's a little side project to see if we get any Malagasy regens come through (I'm intrigued by the really long names!)

1 minute ago, Tony Hawker said:

A.S. AoraI

Manager Profile - My accepted job offer - Club History - Squad - Our only player!

Well this is going to be tough, we have one player on the books and we play in the Tahitian Second Division where we're predicted to finish 4th out of 8.

You may ask why I chose to make my manager from Madagascar? Well, that's a little side project to see if we get any Malagasy regens come through (I'm intrigued by the really long names!)

I already said good luck but I'll say it again- good luck! Enjoy your stay in Oceania and I hope the trophy cabinet becomes overloaded in the near future ;);) 

Season 1 - 2016/17

The perks of having a fast computer as well as an instant result skin!

League Table - Fixtures

We started with a quick exit in the cup but our form was really good throughout the season and it sees us get promoted to the top tier of Tahitian football!

Squad - Next season we have some good youth coming in so hopefully they'll phase out the older players.

Transfers - We signed anyone with a pulse, and then I sorted through them and got rid of the no hopers.

Key Players:

Teremoana Flores - 14 goals in 22 appearances for our pacey striker.

Farahia Teuira - He scored a goal per game at the start of the season before being ruled out with a cruciate ligament injury.

Jacques Ilengo - Very reliable rock in defence.

Promising Youth:

Stephane Faure (YP1a) - Bagged a brace on debut, could be key next season.

Pierre Mathieu (YP1b) - Not made an appearance yet but scored a goal per game in youth competition.

Season |   Team   |  Country  |	       League         | Pos |	Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17| AS Aorai |  Tahiti   | Tahitian 2nd Division | 1st | Promoted as Champions
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

0/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups

Tvååkers_IF.png                                             

Took a different approach to the start of this challenge and took a job that opened up in Swedish First Division South with Tvaakers IF on a short 4 month contract sitting in 10th with 11 games left. Hoping to finish mid-table and see what options I have from there!

15 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

I would have said about the cups in the Solomon Islands but you're right. There aren't any. In future, I will discuss cups in more detail if there are any.To be honest, the lack of cups is one of the reasons I want to move on relatively quickly from this team. :) 

By the way- does winning a league twice count as two towards the 25 or does it have to be 25 separate leagues? :p 

Definately 25 different leagues, sorry for not putting that clearly. I will try to fix the first post to look more smooth, and clear things up as well.

11 hours ago, Tony Hawker said:

Season 1 - 2016/17

The perks of having a fast computer as well as an instant result skin!

League Table - Fixtures

We started with a quick exit in the cup but our form was really good throughout the season and it sees us get promoted to the top tier of Tahitian football!

Squad - Next season we have some good youth coming in so hopefully they'll phase out the older players.

Transfers - We signed anyone with a pulse, and then I sorted through them and got rid of the no hopers.

Key Players:

Teremoana Flores - 14 goals in 22 appearances for our pacey striker.

Farahia Teuira - He scored a goal per game at the start of the season before being ruled out with a cruciate ligament injury.

Jacques Ilengo - Very reliable rock in defence.

Promising Youth:

Stephane Faure (YP1a) - Bagged a brace on debut, could be key next season.

Pierre Mathieu (YP1b) - Not made an appearance yet but scored a goal per game in youth competition.

Season |   Team   |  Country  |	       League         | Pos |	Achievements
2016/17| AS Aorai |  Tahiti   | Tahitian 2nd Division | 1st | Promoted as Champions

Challenge Progress

0/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups

Awesome! Congrats on being promoted and gl in the top flight!

9 hours ago, TurtleNick said:

Tvååkers_IF.png                                             

Took a different approach to the start of this challenge and took a job that opened up in Swedish First Division South with Tvaakers IF on a short 4 month contract sitting in 10th with 11 games left. Hoping to finish mid-table and see what options I have from there!

Good luck! :) 

EDIT: The software I was trying to download IS working so I can post screenshots of my progress in the near future! :D 

Is it just me or do no international B, U23 or U21 teams get back to your applications? I applied for some over a month ago in late May- it's approaching August now and they still haven't replied to me like they said they shortly would... All the clubs/main international sides I applied for replied within days. :seagull::seagull:

EDIT: Appears these other teams just don't say they've rejected you. Oh well.

1 hour ago, oohlala111 said:

Is it just me or do no international B, U23 or U21 teams get back to your applications? I applied for some over a month ago in late May- it's approaching August now and they still haven't replied to me like they said they shortly would... All the clubs/main international sides I applied for replied within days. :seagull::seagull:

EDIT: Appears these other teams just don't say they've rejected you. Oh well.

I haven't even seen any of those types of jobs come available yet and I've just finished the 2nd season! Just wondering, but have any of the New Zealand Premiership sides had managers sacked yet in your game?

Just now, Tony Hawker said:

I haven't even seen any of those types of jobs come available yet and I've just finished the 2nd season! Just wondering, but have any of the New Zealand Premiership sides had managers sacked yet in your game?

Yes, Waitakere United sacked their manager- hiring a new one 13 days ago (pre season in 2nd season!). Apart from that, nothing else...

Season 2 - 2017/18

League Table - Playoff - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

I knew we'd have a good squad, but I didn't think we'd do this well! Just the 3 league losses all season and a GD of +55 saw us finish the season 15 points clear of 2nd place AS Tefana and since we won the playoffs as well I think that means Champions League football next season but I would really rather a job in New Zealand popped up as that's the best shot of getting Oceania completed, Auckland City's manager in listed as Very Insecure after they didn't win the league so hopefully that could lead to something.

Squad - I didn't notice we had that many striker although it was good to see that the main front three got into double figures!

Formation - Just in case anyone wanted to see our general lineup this season.

Transfers -Most of the signings were brought in before the season update, which is why it says we only signed 2 players.

Key Players:

Teremoana Flores 19 goals in 29 appearances is less than last season in terms of goals per game but still a decent amount.

Christian Taiarui - 30 goals and 11 assists in 28 appearances show that Christian has been a force to be reckoned with!

Soren Jakobson - 5 goals and 9 assists from DR? Yes please.

Promising Youth:

Stephane Faure (YP1a) - Was backup striker but still helped out when he was on the pitch.

Joshua Olivier (YP2a) - Came through this years intake, looks very good.

Teva Legayic - Got on a free from Tahiti U17's, probably already the best Tahitian goalkeeper!

Season |   Team   |  Country  |           League         | Pos |    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17| AS Aorai |  Tahiti   | Tahitian 2nd Division | 1st | Promoted as Champions
2017/18| AS Aorai |  Tahiti   | Tahitian 1st Division | 1st | Qualified for Champions League!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

1/25 League Titles - (AS Aorai-Tahiti 2017/18)
0/25 Domestic Cups

@Tony Hawker well done on winning the league- Auckland City, as you might be aware, have won the OFC CL about 6 times in a row at one point so they are defo a good bet should they part company with their current manager!

My 2nd season is just beginning now- I have downloaded an instant result skin too so I can speed through the seasons :) 

Team Wellington logo.png

Headhunted!

982fa252d343789f194a5e97a07ddbea.png

Team Wellington FC was formed in 2004 by a consortium of Wellington clubs to compete in the New Zealand Football Championship. The uniform was yellow with black shorts, utilising the primary sporting colours of the Wellington region.

In the inaugural season (2004/2005) of the NZFC, Team Wellington FC performed below expectations, finishing sixth. They improved in the next season, ending the season in fourth place.

In 2007 the Australian A-League placed a franchise in Wellington, knowns as the Wellington Phoenix. The Phoenix quickly entered a strategic alliance with Team Wellington FC. The new head coach for Wellington FC, Stu Jacobs, was hired as an assistant coach for the Phoenix while retaining his NZFC role. Wellington FC also changed their kit to a predominantly black strip similar to that of the Phoenix, using yellow as a highlight colour.

Team Wellington FC started the 2007/08 season with a five-game winning streak, a record for the competition. This was ended by a 1–1 draw against Auckland City FC on December the 15th. Wellington FC finished the season in third place, qualifying for the Preliminary Final against second-placed Auckland City. Wellington FC defeated Auckland 4–3 in overtime. Wellington FC thus went on to the Grand Final, in which they were defeated by Waitakere United 2–0 at Trusts Stadium.

Attendances at Newtown Park remain healthy by NZFC standards, averaging about 1,000 spectators a game. Crowd numbers have been helped by the central location allowing for traveling away fans, as well as an increase of interest due to the Phoenix and the efforts of Wellington Phoenix fan club "Yellow Fever".

On 21 April 2015, Team Wellington FC reached the final of the 2014–15 OFC Champions League in their first appearance in the competition. They were beaten on penalties by the defending champions Auckland City in the final on 26 April, having drawn 1–1 after extra time.

In March 2016, Team Wellington FC won their first ever ASB Premiership title. Having finished in 3rd in the regular season, they beat Hawke's Bay United in the semi-final, before beating Auckland City 4-2 in an enthralling final at QBE Stadium.

David Farrington Park

Image result for David Farrington Park

As I've seen in some other threads people use google maps to show where they're going, so I shall do the same.

29447176e73f2f42279b5b70c1bcae9f.png

Accepted Job News - History

Right, now here's the funny thing. I had applied for the Auckland City job which became available, I was even offered an interview but I didn't get the job, instead they hired Team Wellington's manager since well...Team Wellington actually won the league this season!

League Table

Squad

Key Players:

Ben Harris - Mario Barcia - Joel Stevens - Andrew Bevin - Cole Peverley - Cameron Howieson - Guillermo Moretti - Jacob Cahill-Fleury

Just now, oohlala111 said:

@Tony Hawker Good luck with them! I predict good things for you in New Zealand :brock:

Thanks @oohlala111 Fingers crossed! I think what I'm going to do is win the Champions League with Team Wellington (or get Auckland's manager sacked and win it with them) then load all the African leagues, spend another season with whichever New Zealand team I'm managing then remove all the Oceanic leagues other than New Zealand and move on to management in Africa but leaving New Zealand loaded so I can manage the NT in the future.

As the new season draws near, I am studying for my Continental C License. Surely, I will soon begin to be headhunted and get not only top club jobs but some international ones as well! Our season begins away to Real Kakamora which is tomorrow after months of boring, nothing-happening pre-season. I am looking to leave this season and as there are only 16 games in the league, besides our CL games, I will do a full season update for the league and obviously however far we get in the CL- I believe it begins in February, near the end of our league campaign. The reasons I want to leave are: A) I've already won the top league here, B) There are no domestic cups here and C) I don't see myself winning the CL with this team. However, I will keep going for a second league title and go as far as possible in the champo league. Lots of interesting jobs have appeared but I'm going to give continental football with this club a go before moving on- I want to complete Oceania before going elsewhere but I would move to another continent if I absolutely had to.

Sorry for that ramble, and I'll see you (hopefully before Xmas when I make the transition to my new PC) for the next update! I will hopefully finish season 2 by Christmas Eve, play as much as Season 3 over Christmas Day as possible, have a break to see family before continuing from then :p.

Laters, oohlala111 :) 

P.S. sounds like a good plan @Tony Hawker!

UPDATE: A cup has emerged called the Melanesian Super Cup. I believe the rules of qualification are the winners and runners up in our league and the Port Vila Premier (the top league in Vanuatu). As a result, there are two teams from Vanuatu, Amicale and Erakor GS, and two teams from the Solomon Islands- us and KOSSA. It's a 3 team group stage format, a bit like a World Cup or European Championship group, with 1st place winning it. I only discovered it when I saw we'd played a match during holidaying to another league match. I will sim the games as normal, although this cup won't count as one of the 25 as it is a multi-division cup and only 4 teams are entered into it. :)  

Team Wellington logo.png

Season 3 - 2018/19

League Table - Fixtures

That was a terrible domestic campaign, we won 4 of the last 5 games and still missed out on the playoffs! Terrible!

O-League - Oh, well, the other New Zealand team, Waitakere United didn't make it past the Group Stage so we basically had an easy ride and beat Tahitians AS Manu Ura 5-2 on aggregate in the Final!

Squad - The squad is small, a few injuries really cost us but the job that was needed has been done.

Transfers - We didn't have much wiggle room in wages so it was largely the same squad.

Key Players:

Ben Harris - Highest average rating and top scorer with 17 in 25.

Andrew Bevin - A solid season from him as the 2nd striker.

Promising Youngsters:

Will Milne (YP3a) - Came through this seasons intake and has 5* potential.

9f856624c295055fc4eadfabbf1003b4.png

Season |      Team       |   Country   |         League          | Pos |    Achievements
2016/17|    AS Aorai     |   Tahiti    |  Tahitian 2nd Division  | 1st | Promoted as Champions
2017/18|    AS Aorai     |   Tahiti    |  Tahitian 1st Division  | 1st | Qualified for Champions League!
2018/19| Team Wellington | New Zealand | New Zealand Premiership | 5th | O-League Winners!

Challenge Progress

1/25 League Titles -Tahiti 2017/18
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies - O-League 2018/19

I've also taken charge of the Fiji U23 team for the upcoming Pacific Games and I'm now removing all the Oceanic Leagues other than New Zealand and I'm adding the leagues of Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda and Zambia.

Tvååkers_IF.png

Season 1 - 2016

League Table - Fixtures

A good first stint, winning 5, tying 4, and losing 2 in the league (starting 7/23/16) while winning in the Swedish Cup First and Second Round.

Started out well with winning the August Boss Award in my first full month in charge.

Decided to turn down new contracts and move elsewhere,should be interesting to see where I end up!

Well this is hardly fair...

70043f68e734125de56f846500e476b0.png 

26f766933bfdb18aa3daf14125bcf538.png d23bd8b4a79292c1ccff75746bf7448b.png 

I managed to get Fiji to qualify for the Olympics after a very tense 120 minutes against New Zealand and then it automatically makes me resign due to "No competitive football for the foreseeable future" Despite the fact that I had the Pacific Games Quarter Final against New Caledonia just 2 day later..

@TurtleNick good start, keep it up!

@Tony Hawker That is unfair! Unlucky mate, congrats on getting the O-League although I can only wish I get such luck regarding job availability!

By the way- that moment when a bumper attendance during a fan day for your home match in a 30,000 capacity stadium is just over 3,000!! :p

Uh-oh!! Let's hope I keep my job! :p 

Also, our O-League group has been drawn. There are 4 groups and each team plays their group rivals once. The team with the most points goes through to the two-legged semi-finals. The winners of those go on to play another two-legged match, with the aggregate winner of the tie being crowned O-League champions. Amicale are the toughest side as we lost to them in the Melanesian Super Cup final, while I don't know anything about the other two teams. The group stage matches are played through March and my aim is to remain competitive- I would love to top the group and go through but I would be happy with not coming last!!

Team Wellington logo.png

Season 4 - 2019/20

League Table - Fixtures

Well we actually made the playoffs, albeit in 4th place but non of that matters in the end with a surprise win over Auckland City in the Semi-Final and then a good win over Canterbury Utd sees us Champions of New Zealand!

Club World Cup - Amazing performances here! An extra time win over Montreal Impact and a penalty win over Portland Timbers set us up with a Semi-Final appearance against Arsenal, we lost 4-1 and then lost 2-1 to TP Mazembe in the 3rd place playoff but still, 4th place in the CWC is great for a club from New Zealand!

Squad - The squad added some quality, and some Malagasy players were interested!

Transfers - We had a better wage budget this season so I was able to add some experience.

Key Players:

Ben Harris - Highest average rating and top scorer again with 18 in 33.

Andrew Bevin - Another good season from him as the 2nd striker.

Cole Peverley - A strong season from the midfielder chipping in with 6 assists.

Image result for uganda flag

I've also been in charge of Uganda since November 2019 and since then we were entered into the 2020 CHAN.

Uganda Fixtures - My first piece of international silverware as our only defeat was against Egypt in the Group Stage and 2 late extra time wins saw us lift the trophy!

Season |      Team       |   Country   |         League          | Pos |    Achievements
2016/17|    AS Aorai     |   Tahiti    |  Tahitian 2nd Division  | 1st | Promoted as Champions
2017/18|    AS Aorai     |   Tahiti    |  Tahitian 1st Division  | 1st | Qualified for Champions League!
2018/19| Team Wellington | New Zealand | New Zealand Premiership | 5th | O-League Winners!
2019/20| Team Wellington | New Zealand | New Zealand Premiership | 4th | Leage Winners, CWC 4th

Challenge Progress

2/25 League Titles -Tahiti 2017/18, New Zealand 2019/20
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies - O-League 2018/19

International Progress

Season |   Country   |    Achievements
----------------------------------------
2019/20|   Uganda    | CHAN Winners!
----------------------------------------

1/10 Continental International Trophies - CHAN Uganda 2020

I'll be resigning from my Team Wellington post and now I'll be looking for a job in Africa.

@Tony Hawker Wow! You're easing through! I still can't get any international jobs- congrats on the CHAN success and well done winning the New Zealand Premiership! Onwards and upwards! :) 

Meanwhile, the takeover is complete! Luckily, I kept my job and got this message from the board. Thanks for the transfer funds but we're all amateur here! Here's hoping the board accept any requests I put in- I have asked for professional status but they aren't confident in my ability. Maybe they need to see my copy of the league table...

10 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

@Tony Hawker Wow! You're easing through! I still can't get any international jobs- congrats on the CHAN success and well done winning the New Zealand Premiership! Onwards and upwards! :) 

Thanks @oohlala111 It shouldn't be too long before you get international jobs, hopefully your rep will raise a bit now you're playing in the O-League. I have one definite job offer from a club in the Ivory Coast so I'll be off there if nothing else comes up, I would prefer to start off in a lesser African league and work my way up though.

Badge

Entente Sportive de Bingerville (ES Bingerville or ESB) is an Ivorian football club based in Bingerville, they are a member of the Fédération Ivoirienne de Football Premiere Division.

The club was founded in 1995 as A.S. Transporteurs Bingerville and renamed to Entente Sportive de Bingerville in the year of 1998. They play at the Stade Municipal. The club colours are white, red and yellow.

7f93d6fdbdf95316b8800e063952959f.png

PICT1293.JPG

Takeover - History - League Table

Squad

Key Players:

Abdoul Kone - Fernand Kam Olle - Fatawu Safiu

@Tony Hawker Good luck! :) 

I've just had a weird scenario where NONE of my players have been registered for the O-League group stages and there is no screen for squad selection... I'm gonna have to holiday past the games which is really frustrating- I must've been on holiday when the squad selection came round but surely my assistant would've picked a squad?!

Even more bizarrely, everything has been fixed for the 2nd game. FM never ceases to amaze me...

Archived