Rotherham? They'll... oh, who cares.

Bedese

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SpillBlood said:

Bloody hell.  Dybala went to United on my save and he was worth every penny.  I had Pulisic last year for Rotherham and he was quality but my word, that money!  How come he's even at Bayern!?

They bought him for 43.5m back in 2018. Pretty good profit - not that Bayern are short of money!

January:

9a68b57e9f69b707226c1dba583f900d.png

After an awful home loss to Hull, we picked up three wins and a draw in four games. Not the hardest run of fixtures, but points are points!

a1f31c527135a45b6ec9ac8d00a30029.png

11 points clear! 

In terms of transfers:

7f6d65f1efede9411eb7a720a9df008c.png

We broke our transfer record!

468b64a75cf9649724bca9fe167741dc.png

Breaking your transfer record on an 18 year old who's never played a first team game in his career is... not orthodox, but we're trying to build for the future, and I think Osieck could be worth the investment.

745efe1bf5476f53665751def1d5f409.png

I promise I didn't just sign Yedlin because he tore Rotherham apart earlier today. Our on loan RB Bellanova got crocked, and we need some depth there for a couple of months. We're paying all of his wages (which is a lot) plus 25k a month, but we were desperate for another body at FB and he's not too bad.

In terms of outgoings, Kazenga LuaLua has finally been shown the door (700k to Sheffield United), while Giannis Seizis is on loan to Oxford in the Championship, and Emmanuel Okafor (that really small winger who came through our academy) is on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge.

One thing I forgot to mention - we're not actually using the 2-4-3-1 anymore. We were giving up too much space in the centre of midfield to better teams. We've gone back to our 4-3-3 - and we started using it again in the Brighton game. Pretty good so far!

8b24df76ec59dae1f1aa0eaeb77f15a9.png

14 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Starting to pick up some much needed points. 

Indeed. And...

d1139b7397d6913cffeabeff7503b26a.png

More points! 

We tore Watford apart at home before getting a very, very credible 0-0 draw at Anfield. The West Brom result is disappointing, but they did score two 30 yard free kicks, so I'll ignore that one.

9f1989942c91d36afc4c5e0b52bd2361.png

12 points clear!

21 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Indeed. And...

d1139b7397d6913cffeabeff7503b26a.png

More points! 

We tore Watford apart at home before getting a very, very credible 0-0 draw at Anfield. The West Brom result is disappointing, but they did score two 30 yard free kicks, so I'll ignore that one.

9f1989942c91d36afc4c5e0b52bd2361.png

12 points clear!

That's how we like it! :D

Cheers,
Bitner 

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

How had he been doing up to now? 

Not too shabby. Our starting BWM/CM(D), he'd started 25 games (1 sub appearance) in the league with an average rating of 6.84. Not great, but he was definitely our best option as that defensive midfielder.

4 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

:( I had that last FM with Juan Carlos Valeron.

It's gutting :( On the bright side, we could probably have done with upgrading at that spot anyway...

Jupjamie, Very good read & exciting in places. Read all 12 pages in between work!. Great news you`re staying up. I`ve just played one match in Prem so far in 1st season [ lost 1-0 away to Bournemouth - deflected shot ].

Any tips?, like did you play differently vs ( bigger ) teams / home - away?

thx all the best

22 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nicely done! Staying up is huge!

15 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Boom!! Great work!

14 hours ago, cplpeters1900 said:

Thats brilliant!

13 hours ago, johnstonpickle said:

Awesome achievement! 

11 hours ago, Torminator said:

Nice season in BPL! only 5 points from Chelsea.

11 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Nice one man!  That's a very hard feat and all your hard work is paying off!

That Goalkeeper is already looking very solid at 20 :eek:!

10 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Jupjamie, Very good read & exciting in places. Read all 12 pages in between work!. Great news you`re staying up. I`ve just played one match in Prem so far in 1st season [ lost 1-0 away to Bournemouth - deflected shot ].

Any tips?, like did you play differently vs ( bigger ) teams / home - away?

thx all the best

4 hours ago, argento said:

nice work man, solid first season in the prem wont be too long before you're in the top half!

Thanks guys! It's much appreciated. Very, very happy with how this season went.

@Torminator: Chelsea had an awful season - although they've only finished in the top 4 once since they won the league in 2014/15 (and that was 4th, in 2017/18). They've finished 10th, 7th, 4th, 9th, 5th and now 10th. 

@SpillBlood: I love Nunez. I think we have our keeper for the next decade :D 

@nextqprmanager: Thank you! I'm not sure I'm the best person to take advice from considering my previous two attempts :lol:. My main advice is just to play to your strengths. In the Championship we won games by having 60% of the ball and just outscoring teams, but that wasn't going to work in the big leagues, so we went more direct, got more men behind the ball and tried to keep things tight, using our pace on the wings. A tactic can either be amazing or awful depending on the players you have to fit it.

16 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Congrats! That must be such a relief, and give you confidence for next season!

Cheers Majestice! Very much a relief, I was worried that our lack of spending was going to really limit how well we could compete. I'm not really hoping for a huge improvement next season - around 13th again while having another season to blood the youth will do me just fine :D 

e90f3c3d4267582378d0e2ebe4c0b8de.png

Holy...

That's over double what we're currently spending on wages, and as for that transfer budget...

In the five years of this save so far, do you know what our net transfer spend is?

It's -18m. In five years, we've made 18m more from sales than we've spent. Our spending went like this:

£88k, £375k, £475k, £0, £14.5m. There hasn't been a single year that we spent more than we made from sales.

That's all about to change :D 

I'm not used to having money, and I don't know what to do :lol: 

There's a 20 year old German winger that I really like the look of - but he may not have much more room to improve, he's fairly injury prone, and Stuttgart want 26m for him. I don't think I can pull the trigger.

4 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

e90f3c3d4267582378d0e2ebe4c0b8de.png

Holy...

That's over double what we're currently spending on wages, and as for that transfer budget...

In the five years of this save so far, do you know what our net transfer spend is?

It's -18m. In five years, we've made 18m more from sales than we've spent. Our spending went like this:

£88k, £375k, £475k, £0, £14.5m. There hasn't been a single year that we spent more than we made from sales.

That's all about to change :D 

Jeezo, that's mighty!  Getting some much needed pointers and advice here mate, I hope we can stay up too!

Archived