*** When will you realise...Andorra waits for you *** [FM16 youth challenge]

iacovone

Youth Intake - 2022

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%2018.44.46_zpsnzcznuuk.png

Can't complain here. We've got another excellent striker through the doors and a few others that look like they've got first-team potential. Let's investigate!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%2018.49.51_zpscrmbjaay.png

Here he is then. Juan Carlos Munoz. He's got great mentals and just the right technicals to make him good enough to go straight into the first-team squad. I'm a bit concerned by his physicals so we'll get training him there and hope they improve with age too. An advanced forward is just what we needed to with Carrasco's injury ending his season. Those two will compete with each other in the coming seasons to play alongside Miguel Castro (YP13).

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%2018.26.21_zpsuctqbsha.png

Belarmino Albors is the second highest rated from the intake and I do like his stats. The one (big) problem I have is his height. He's tiny and that's an issue at centre-back. Perhaps a bigger problem is I don't know where I could retrain him to play with that skillset. CDM might be best.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%2018.26.41_zpsrjbbsut6.png

We're well-stacked at left wing currently but I do like Alvaro Perez's base stats. He's quick, has a good first touch and can dribble. If we can get his crossing up a bit he'll be useful off the bench.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%2018.27.08_zpsdc33wedh.png

Another decent striker through the system. I can't see him quite getting to first XI status but I fancy him to be a good squad player over the next few years. Carlos Pereira has decent base stats that once they improve into double figures will make him a handy striker.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%2018.27.22_zpsasx3od2g.png

Diego Alarcon has promise. We're still relying on the keeper we've had since day one and I'm pretty sure he's the best in the league. We do need someone to push him though and I'm hopeful this lad can do that job. He's got good handling and reflexes - always essential. The rest will need to be worked on.

So those are the main five from this intake, and I've also snapped up Ruben Fernandez and David Chinchilla for their positive personalities.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually added Pepe Martinez and Jose Dominguez to the U18 squad after a further evaluation of the youth intake. This also meant that we said goodbye to three youth prospects:

Jose Paz (YP13) - Apps: 45

Jose Louis Becot (YP20) - Apps: 9, Goals: 1, POTM: 1

Carlos Delgado (YP10) - Apps: 7, Goals: 1

And the other departed:

Christian Cufuentes (YP1) - Apps: 53, Goals: 3, Assists: 8, POTM: 2

Rui Tavares (YP11) - Apps: 0

Sergi Munoz (YP9) - Apps: 0

Nice early progress in Andorra - your HOYD has a knack of picking up good strikers that's for sure!

Ha! I don't know where he's finding them. They're all from La Massana, a town with a population of ~9000 people! Must be something in that alpine water :)

2021-22 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: WINNERS!

- Table & Stats

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round

- lost 11-1 to Basel

Copa Constitucio: WINNERS!

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: WINNERS!

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Top Goalscorer: Miguel Castro (YP13) - P43, G31, A16, RAT 7.69

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Ruben Noura (YP23) - P45, G5, A8, POTM 11, RAT 7.89

Notable Impact: David Gonzalez - P31, G14, A13, RAT 7.54

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS: Our first treble! Pleased with this, though it was expected to be honest. We're just getting stronger and stronger thanks to the junior coaching at the club and our best players are exceptional for the standard of the division. That said, we had a ding-dong battle in the Super Cup against Lusitanos, eventually winning on penalties.

Elsewhere we got embarrassed in Europe for the second year running. We're now 21-1 down :D.

But on the positive front another excellent youth intake gives us clear dominance in Andorra and genuine prospects going forward. On a personal level, David Gonzalez really did well this year playing as the wide target man, until injury curtailed his season. Miguel Castro (YP13) had his best season yet as he enters the final year of his contract, while the central midfield partnership of Ruben Noura (YP23) and Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) was dominant all year.

If I could have one wish though, it'd be to get a genuinely top class centre-back through the academy.

THE TREBLE-WINNERS:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2013.13.14_zpsy7fa5og7.pngOur first treble should be celebrated appropriately so I give you the 12 main men that made it happen:

KEEPER:

Javi Perez - A stalwart. He's isn't amazing at anything in particular but rarely concedes absolute howlers. Has 254 league appearances for us already.

DEFENDERS:

Pedro Perez (YP16) - I can just about abide Perez. He's nothing special but he's solid enough, stays fit and does cross the ball pretty well so picks up a fair few assists.

Matthew Ceballos - Along with Gonzalez and Perez, Ceballos is one of only three originals to still regularly play for the first team. He has his dodgy moments but is still our best centre-back. Has notched up 250 league appearances for the club already.

Hugo Cantos - I remember looking at him when he came through three years ago but didn't think he was worth tagging. I was wrong. He came into the first XI a third of the way into the season and thrived.

Alejandro Garcia (YP25) - Only 15, first full season, exceptional returns. 12 assists from left-back is excellent and he'll be a fixture in the first team for years to come.

MIDFIELDERS:

Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) - Dovetailed brilliantly with Noura in central midfield, mainly occupying the ball-winning midfielder role but picked up a number of goals.

Ruben Noura (YP23) - An unbelievable first season from Noura, who looks every inch the star in the making. As said, he combined really well with Carrasco and the pair just dominated every midfield we faced, setting a new record in the process.

Moises Arroyo (YP24) - Another to have a great first season at the club and as mentioned in previous updates, ran riot down the left-flank in tandem with Garcia.

Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7) - Replaced the injured David Gonzalez on the right as well as rotating up front to good effect. Picked up an excellent number of goals and assists.

David Gonzalez - An excellent season in our newly-created wide target man role where his height and strength have bullied Andorran left-backs across the country. Should be even better next year if he stays fit.

STRIKERS:

Miguel Castro (YP13) - As complete a forward as I've had at FS Massana so far and one possibly destined for much bigger things. Says he doesn't want to sign a new deal as he enters his final year so I'm hoping for a triumphant swansong.

- Finished as the league's top scorer and won the player of the season trophy too.

Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - As expected from the intake, Munoz looks the real deal too. Scored at almost a goal a game at the age of 14 to help us to the treble and I expect bigger hauls as we go.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

No major declarations at this stage except to say that we're waving goodbye to two club icons this summer.

Hugo Barreto | History

Yuri Peixoto | History

NEXT SEASON: Hopefully we can get a kinder draw in the Champions League and put up more of a fight. Domestically we should expect to win the treble every year now.

ANDORRANS IN EUROPE: Lusitanos were embarrassed by Iceland's FH Hafnarfjordur in the 1st qualifying round of the Europa League, losing 7-0 on aggregate, Casa Benfica fared no better, falling at the same hurdle to Polish outfit Jagiellonia 8-0 and FC Encamp lost 7-0 to Finland's SJK.

SARRIO WATCH:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2013.45.54_zpsbi6ony3s.png

Sarrio had a fine year on loan at Girona, breaking a record, hitting 14 league goals and breaking into the Spain U19 and U21 squads. It's going to be interesting to see what he does next year. Loan to the same level? Loan to La Liga? Break into the Bilbao first-team squad? I'll keep you posted!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2013.46.47_zpsyjfeqcov.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2012.54.26_zpsgkebpsm8.png

Good youth intakes once again, but losing a few players to keep La Massana's budget stable. Will Christian Cufuentes joining another team in the meantime?

Our finances are in good order to be honest so I don't have to sell. Plus no-one knows Andorran football so we never have players poached (aside from Sarrio). I fear for Cufuentes's career now... :(

Do you know that this database is not like the competition in real life? I'm playing in Andorra too, but use the database of Claasen. He made it like it is in real life.
He knows, he has already explained why he likes this one more.

And yes Sven, as our friend below notes, I was made aware of the difference between claasen's file and the one I'm using. A little bit annoying as I like everything to be as authentic as possible in my saves but I'm not noticing anything unusual or unrealistic. A 38-game season does take longer but I like it for a youth development perspective. Hopefully that doesn't put you off reading my progress :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2014.07.09_zpslsj9ngwr.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2014.07.03_zpsfvaiwmk2.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2014.16.29_zpswqr4p3bo.png

So, once again, everything is on the up! Can't complain. :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2013.49.27_zpsc5hdgqx8.png

:eek: Totally didn't expect this so soon. I didn't ask but as the end of June rolled around Florentino's gone and done it. We weren't the only ones either; FK Santa Coloma turned pro four days later, meaning we'll go down in the history books as the first professional Andorran club! I don't know what this will immediately mean - I guess outgoings will jump up a fair bit, training everyday will require better coaches and facilities (all in good time), while I'll be offering pro contracts to our main players. Onwards!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2018.00.22_zpsw6azjtmr.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2021.52.33_zpsauk7ecrr.png

I've always said the away goals rule is magnificent :p. In truth we were unlucky not to win by more, Castro also saw a second goal ruled out and missed a hatful before their last minute equaliser. Through to the next round for the first time in our history!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2022.08.34_zpsel5aru0s.png

Can't see us getting through this one I'm afraid. I expect Dinamo Zagreb to be much ​better

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%2001.08.39_zpsqljvhanp.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%2002.08.01_zpszwngzw33.png

Pretty pleased with this; we can be proud. Scoring home and away is a great boost to the confidence and indeed the problems the tactic can create. We just couldn't create enough in the home game to push Dinamo further.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%2001.58.00_zpsysembigr.png

He's off to Liga BBVA side Granada for the season. Make it here and he'll have a superb career IMO. Big test for the 19-year-old though.

Mixed news coming up.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2002.32.44_zpszhmnpvkf.png

New record! :D

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2010.13.45_zpsisqoqyea.png

Battered 4-1 at home in the first leg = writing on the wall. That Diego Evans scored four of their six goals and is just a whole other level to what we usually come up against. So we bow out of Europe at the Europa Playoff stage - the furthest we've gone in Europe and just a step away from the group stage. Proud.

Amazing new record in call-ups! I hope this record may continue until lasts long. I hope to see the past winners of the Champions league and Europa League. Let's see if Lille and Dinamo went past to get out of the Group Stages. I almost forget about Christian Cufuentes because I think he considered continuing his career in Andorra or went to politics.

Youth Intake - 2023

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2018.51.41_zpsrxsqiegg.png

Hmm. For the first time in a while I'm disappointed with the youth intake. We've only really got one player in to challenge for a first-team place this time.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2018.52.09_zpscfsrrlfd.png

So Javier Martinez is close but not quite ready to go straight into the first XI. I like him as a centre-back though, so we'll focus on training the key attributes for the role there.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2018.52.21_zpsvj1129z9.png

Martin Pascual is rated by my coaches but I'm not convinced. He'll be a slow burner I reckon, but one to keep an eye on.

2022-23 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Champions League - 3rd Qualifying Round

- lost 4-2 to Dinamo Zagreb

Europa League - Playoff round

- lost 6-1 to Lille

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - P46, G33, RAT 7.45

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Miguel Castro (YP13) - P44, G29, A14, RAT 7.78

Notable Impact: Juan Jose Rey (YP19) - P45, G17, A19, RAT 7.60

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS: Our second treble! We're clearly the dominant force in Andorran football now and there's no clear rival now with FK Santa Coloma and Lusitanos dropping off. We broke the goalscoring record this year too.

In Europe we did admirably, defeating Slovan Bratislava before falling 4-2 to Dinamo Zagreb in the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League. In a tough playoff, we fell 6-1 to Lille in the Europa League. But that's still progress.

YOUTH PROSPECTS:

DEFENDERS:

Pedro Perez (YP16) - Remains first choice because there's no-one better but for the league standard he's actually pretty good. In Europe he routinely gets singled out and can't cope.

Alejandro Garcia (YP25) - Very young but more than handy. He's got a bright future and has no real competition at the moment. Expect him to notch serious appearances over the coming years.

MIDFIELDERS:

Adrian Cutillas (YP5) - The Cutlass is no longer first-choice but is happy to play back-up to Noura and Carrasco and I'm happy with that too. Did a steady job when called upon. Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) - Another good year from Carrassco, contributing goals and assists from central midfield.

Ruben Noura (YP23) - The main man in midfield - utterly dominant on the domestic scene. I didn't actually realise how big he was either. 6'4 and developing very nicely. Has great mental and physical stats already.

Moises Arroyo (YP24) - Picked up the player of the season award for a great year at left wing. He managed 22 assists in all competitions, really affirming how strong our left flank is.

Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7) - Bit of a back-up option now but he's well liked at the club, achieving legend status already, while on the international scene he's bagged three goals in just eight games.

STRIKERS:

Miguel Castro (YP13) - He's been brilliant but won't sign a new contract so he'll be disappearing into the wilderness in July. A sad end to a player who's been great for us. Won fans' player of the year, signalling his rapport with the supporters. We'll all miss him.

- History | Total Apps: 179, Goals: 94, Assists: 49, POTM: 25

Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - Has come on leaps and bounds this season, outscoring Castro and proving to be a real handful.

- Broke the club record for goals scored in a season. Ended up with one more than shown here. He also broke the league goals record.

Juan Jose Rey (YP19) - An unexpected success story this season, contributing double figures for goals and assists. A 6'6 he's an absolute handful.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

In Andorran news, FC Encamp are the latest team to turn professional, taking us up to three teams in the top flight.

The training and youth facilities are being improved and will be done in six months, costing £2.3m.

NEXT SEASON: More of the same domestically, hopefully one better in Europe, though I doubt it.

ANDORRANS IN EUROPE: Not the best on this front. We did well but FC Santa Coloma lost 4-0 Moldova's Zimbru Chisinau, Lusitanos lost 5-0 to Iceland's Valur Reykjavik and Gimnastic Valira lost 6-0 to Serbia's Cukaricki Stankom. Disastrous.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.35.33_zpsprejeidw.png:(

SARRIO WATCH:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.08.17_zpszwuxktcc.png

Sarrio didn't enjoy himself on loan at Granada this year, making just three La Liga starts and scoring just twice. Despite that, he's secured himself a nice lucrative new deal at Bilbao, earning £26k per week!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.34.48_zpsqdmsa1s6.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.35.05_zpsebqioums.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.59.33_zpsctcxoupf.png

Mixed bag here. Good to see the club rep improve but the rest of the Andorran clubs have let the nation down and we topple down the competition rankings and lost some TV money because of it.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.59.49_zpsfdlnw7ql.png

Meanwhile, it's another record!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2022.22.18_zpsgkk6dxgf.png

Your players are honestly pretty decent already. Amazed by how quickly you've become a domestic power.

Steaua draw is a real bummer. Hopefully the other Andorran clubs have it a bit easier to prevent the competition ranking and TV money from falling again.

First of all, other Andorran teams need to get better against other European clubs soon. Then, second, I'm happy to see FC Encamp joining with the higher ranks. And third, not good on the recent injury on Javi Perez.:( Did other goalkeepers went healthy?

By the way, I was astounding about international call-ups. These players might be able to make Andorra high as ever than 151st. I wondered who are the past winners of the Champions League and Europa League. I would also interested to see back-ups when La Massana were on a tight race with other teams. I'm also waiting to see what happened to Christian Cufuentes because I think he signed another team or retire to go politics.

Sarrio Watch

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2011.25.11_zpsgqt4634k.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2011.32.26_zpskohirvcw.png

So as the transfer deadline approached we were met with these news pieces! Sarrio's not happy with a backup role at Bilbao so effectively pushed through a loan move:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2012.02.38_zpsqarjtek8.png

Another La Liga club for him to learn his trade at, with an interesting buy clause attached to it too. Reminder that we'll get £412,500 if Levante do take up that option.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2012.33.39_zpsjtuex27h.png

Which, based on this, suggests they won't. He's struggling to score in the top flight...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2011.33.24_zpshvffxclf.png

This is the best news of the season though; the first time I've managed to offer a 4.5 star or above player a new contract without them saying they won't because of the poor quality of their team-mates.

Came with the added bonus of him accepting the deal too - great news given a host of Austrian clubs have been tracking him. Admira Wacker even bid for him in July.

Your players are honestly pretty decent already. Amazed by how quickly you've become a domestic power.

Steaua draw is a real bummer. Hopefully the other Andorran clubs have it a bit easier to prevent the competition ranking and TV money from falling again.

Thanks tyler - I'm pretty pleased with the squad too. You were right on Steaua and as for the rest of the Andorrans, only FC Santa Coloma got past the Europa 1st Qualifying Round :(

First of all, other Andorran teams need to get better against other European clubs soon. Then, second, I'm happy to see FC Encamp joining with the higher ranks. And third, not good on the recent injury on Javi Perez.:( Did other goalkeepers went healthy?

By the way, I was astounding about international call-ups. These players might be able to make Andorra high as ever than 151st. I wondered who are the past winners of the Champions League and Europa League. I would also interested to see back-ups when La Massana were on a tight race with other teams. I'm also waiting to see what happened to Christian Cufuentes because I think he signed another team or retire to go politics.

The other keepers were healthy thankfully Sherwinriga. Though it made little difference as you can see above!

Champions League winners:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2014.21.31_zpsieccjbai.png

Europa League winners:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2014.21.52_zpsixybw8ou.png

Cufuentes does have a new team, he's playing for Atletic Escaldes, under former favourite Hugo Barreto! Sadly they were relegated last season.

Today we say goodbye to a couple of academy graduates.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2014.49.09_zpsf7oyd6wl.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2014.48.18_zps5j0pn0bj.png

The man from Belmonte was a bit of a stalwart for us in our early years before Pedro Perez took over. 142 league appearances is no mean feat, so he'll be remembered fondly.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2014.49.03_zpscnr2gwg1.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2014.48.39_zpsg1nbbm9a.png

Similar to Belmonte, Pedro Silva was part of the same intake and slotted in at left-back until he too was replaced, albeit a year earlier. Not quite as popular as Belmonte, but no less important to the history of Massana.

Youth Intake - 2024

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2022.10.29_zpsihnpkidy.png

Not bad at all! Two potential first-team players and maybe a new right-back...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2023.21.53_zpsszvc7t6r.png

Noa Le Breton. First, what a name! Second, what a haircut! And third, what a player! Now we don't play with an AMC but I reckon he's got the stats to play as our deep-lying forward so I'm planning to retrain him there in his first year at the club. He's a bit lazy but otherwise he looks great all-round. Love his flair!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2023.22.04_zpson8rtcsy.png

Jose Andres Rios is another promising striker and will provide the foil for Le Breton in the U18s. I fancy him to push our current advanced forward for a first-team spot and he's actually quite similar. Very good finishing, composed and quick off the mark.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2023.22.16_zpsvbgwpdmj.png

Finally Ferran Rocha arrives with a lot of versatility down the right. He'll be retrained as a right-back and have his positioning worked on but I think he could do well for us.

And that's it from this intake. I might sign one or two more but my new policy is only to sign the very best players from each intake. Because they come in at 14, they've got potentially four years in the U18s to develop so that squad shouldn't be too big. Plus it puts a strain on my small coaching team.

Again, these players are damn good. :lol:

Le Breton looks a star in the making with the hair to show for it. Another intake, another striker with perfect attribute distribution. Rios is wonderful too. Cherish your luck, it's not always this easy!

Again, these players are damn good. :lol:

Le Breton looks a star in the making with the hair to show for it. Another intake, another striker with perfect attribute distribution. Rios is wonderful too. Cherish your luck, it's not always this easy!

Cherish is definitely the word tyler! I'm due a slump, I think but for now I'm obviously gonna be a bit smug over these attacking players :)

Very nice looking intake! That new guy had some pressure on for the first go-round.

Yeah, I think he's earned himself a second year in the job tbh ;)

2023-24 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

- Stats

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round

- lost 6-2 to Steaua Bucharest

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - P39, G40, RAT 7.67

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Moises Arroyo (YP24) - P50, G13, A26, RAT 7.94

Notable Impact: Carlos Pereira (YP34) - P45, G18, A12, RAT 7.36

GENERAL CONSENSUS: Our third treble! I think we can safely assume this'll be the norm for now. I holidayed the domestic matches this year and we saw a couple of losses but overall I'm happy with how the season went. I also made sure we went week by week rather than holidaying months at a time, meaning I still picked the starting XI.

Europe was always going to be difficult and it proved to be just that as we toppled out after just two games. I'm more concerned with the other Andorran clubs, but more on that later.

Munoz was the goalscorer, often supplied by Arroyo and the pair of them were superb all year.

YOUTH PROSPECTS:

KEEPERS:

Martin Pascual (YP37) - Came into the first XI at the back end of the season for his first appearances for the club and he did very well. It's a shame he's so poor in the air and under six foot though, and for that reason I can't see him being our long-term No.1.DEFENDERS:Pedro Perez (YP16) - Still doesn't have competition but continues to churn out consistent performances. Has played over 200 times for us now, including almost 50 this season.

Alejandro Garcia (YP25) - Averages double figures for assists in all of his three seasons at the club and as I keep saying, links well with Arroyo in front of him.

Belarmino Albors (YP32) - High hopes for Albors, though he did miss six months of the season with a broken leg. Still think he'll develop nicely.

Javier Martinez (YP36) - Really like this kid, and not just because of his remarkable facial hair. Mentally and physically great and making steady progress on his technical stats; he's fast becoming our best defender.

MIDFIELDERS:

Ruben Noura (YP23) - He's far too good for this division and once again showed his ability, excelling on all fronts. Loving his development too, his mental stats are really coming along. But, the best news was seeing him sign his first pro contract! He'd maintained he wouldn't ever since joining the club but I'm delighted to have convinced him. With that professional reputation he's going to be the figurehead of the club for years to come!

Moises Arroyo (YP24) - Dominated the league, playing 50 games, scoring 13 and getting double that in assists, he was a menace and as such won the Player of the Season award. He also set a new assists record.

Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) - Noura's partner in crime. He's certainly not as good but he's just as effective in that midfield two. Generally plays as the more advanced CM and contributed well. Won the most POTM awards in the squad this year.

STRIKERS:

Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - His best season yet, breaking his own record and ending up netting 40 times at over a goal a game! He won't sign a new deal though and heads into his last year at the club.

Juan Jose Rey (YP19) - Last year's surprise package kept it up this year, notching double figures in both goals and assists from the AMR position. He's so handy.

Carlos Pereira (YP34) - I marked him out in the 2022 intake as a potential first-teamer and this year he became just that, dovetailing well with Munoz in the deep-lying forward spot.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%2022.01.21_zpsbpvpzuzn.pngWell this went through quickly as Florentino Perez retired as chairman. We won't see any additional investment here but should have some stability, provided he's not another sexagenarian!

Worryingly, our coefficient has now dropped below what it was at the start of the season, with us, the Andorran champions, entering the Champions League at the 1st qualifying stage! Nightmare.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%2022.00.38_zps9n7lka0t.png

We also say goodbye to a notable youth prospect this summer:

Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7) scored a good number of goals for us over the years but has clearly fallen well down the pecking order. With a handful of good strikers coming through, he's been told to find a new club.

HISTORY

NEXT SEASON: We really need to fly the flag for Andorran football now, and it might take a couple of majestic European performances to do so. Hopefully I can convince Munoz to pen a new deal too.

ANDORRANS IN EUROPE: Not the best on this front. We did well but FC Santa Coloma lost 4-0 Moldova's Zimbru Chisinau, Lusitanos lost 5-0 to Iceland's Valur Reykjavik and Gimnastic Valira lost 6-0 to Serbia's Cukaricki Stankom. Disastrous.

SARRIO WATCH:

He had a better season this year, scoring eight goals and is clearly improving his attributes again. That said, eight goals isn't great and it doesn't look like Levante will take Bilbao up on the £830k fee.

Archived