*** When will you realise...Andorra waits for you *** [FM16 youth challenge]

iacovone

Wow, loving this thread.

I started a youth only challenge in Andorra using claassen's FM14 database and there's definitely a few major differences. Going from memory, but I believe all but two clubs (Coloma and Sant Julia) started amateur, making it much harder to keep a hold on players. The league structure was also much different, with only 8 teams in the top flight. Interesting to compare. Ended up moving on from it but all of these obscure youth threads are giving me an urge to go back!

Your intakes have been phenomenal. Decent chance Sarrio is the best player who plays for you until the 2050s.

Cracked up when I saw Perez take over the club. :lol:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-27%20at%2014.07.46_zpsotxc2taz.png

Crazy to only lose 4-1 on aggregate to Ajax but oh my, the chances we had in this game! Sarrio got us off to a flyer after three minutes and then was denied in a one-on-one by a great Cillesen save minutes later. Moments after that our centre-back hit the bar off a corner and at half-time I genuinely thought we had a chance of beating them. Sadly as we pushed for that second goal Ajax punished us and the game petered out. Marvellous European campaign though. Very proud.

Wow, loving this thread.

I started a youth only challenge in Andorra using claassen's FM14 database and there's definitely a few major differences. Going from memory, but I believe all but two clubs (Coloma and Sant Julia) started amateur, making it much harder to keep a hold on players. The league structure was also much different, with only 8 teams in the top flight. Interesting to compare. Ended up moving on from it but all of these obscure youth threads are giving me an urge to go back!

Your intakes have been phenomenal. Decent chance Sarrio is the best player who plays for you until the 2050s.

Cracked up when I saw Perez take over the club. :lol:

Ah that's interesting to know. We were amateur in the first season too but swiftly turned semi-pro, thankfully. I think I'd have ended up quite bored in an 8-team league so I'm pleased this version has an expanded top flight!

As for Sarrio - yup, I don't anticipate seeing anyone like him again for decades! He's been great (as you'd expect) but is off in a matter of months :(. And yep, I did too re: Perez. What a world!

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2011.07.12_zpsobjij2z5.png

So the time has come to bid farewell to Jose Sarrio. I wish him all the best in Spain and will be keeping tabs on his career from here. As a reminder, we were paid £500k and have a 50% sell-on clause in any future departure from Bilbao.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2010.59.50_zpsakybyfdi.png

He leaves holding a number of records too:

• Youngest goalscorer in club history (14 years and 67 days)
  • Most goals in a game (4 vs Atletic America in the Copa Constitucio Final in May 2017)

I expect we’ll have a bit of a downturn without him leading the line but in Francisco Navarro we do have a good goalscorer waiting in the wings, so all is not lost.

Youth Intake - 2019

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.30.11_zpshmjecjiw.png

Immediately excited by the guy at the top! Another Jose Sarrio perhaps?

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.30.38_zpsyg16p0js.png

Distinctive hair, outlandish moustache, six foot, quick and hard working. We've got ourselves another top quality striker prospect. I'd say he comes straight in as the best striker at the club now Sarrio's gone. So good luck to Miguel Castro!

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.31.09_zpsh13zt1wn.png

In at number two is Yeray Diaz, someone I'd argue is maybe the best of the crop! His mentals are superb and he's not weak physically either. While his passing, technique and first touch will be something I'll work on, we have a set-piece expert, which could be invaluable in the years to come. He'll probably be starting in CM(a) next season.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.31.23_zpstvyi6ruc.png

We've actually got a couple of pretty handy AMR(s)'s at the moment, with Parcero (YP7) currently holding the position in the first team but I like Toni Rodriguez a lot. That flair 17 gives him an air of unpredictability, while he has good balance, fitness and crossing - all essential for the position.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.32.31_zpsruhomodh.png

Our current right-back Belmonte (YP2) has played over 100 games for us already but he doesn't have any competition. Pedro Perez is not far off Belmonte already so he brings very welcome ability to the club.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.32.57_zps3okrpbj1.png

We still haven't quite found the CB to partner Andorran international Michael Ceballos so I'm hoping this lad Eduardo Ribeiro can come in and do a job. He's left-footed, which will give the back line more balance and is good at everything else needed for a limited CB.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2013.33.13_zpshaxgrw06.png

Finally Roberto Leon is another worth keeping track of. He's got good mentals and is generally very well-rounded for this level. He'll compete for a place in the first XI before long.

CONCLUSION: I think this might end up going down as our best intake yet. Having our junior coaching budget bumped up again has clearly paid off - youngsters are coming into the club at 14 years of age practically ready to go straight into the first team. Long may it continue!

Great intake! La Massana, home of top quality 14-year old strikers it seems. :lol:

Two random questions.

1) Could you post a screen of the attribute color settings you use? I may want to steal them from you.

2) Think I previously mentioned this, but do you have any tips for getting through a long term save like this quickly? Find myself micromanaging everything and spending 12 hours in preseason as is the norm. Guess I'm asking if you instant result matches, holiday, have the assman doing any tasks, so on. I don't want to be in 2015 by the time FM2020 is out. :(

Great intake! La Massana, home of top quality 14-year old strikers it seems. :lol:

Two random questions.

1) Could you post a screen of the attribute color settings you use? I may want to steal them from you.

2) Think I previously mentioned this, but do you have any tips for getting through a long term save like this quickly? Find myself micromanaging everything and spending 12 hours in preseason as is the norm. Guess I'm asking if you instant result matches, holiday, have the assman doing any tasks, so on. I don't want to be in 2015 by the time FM2020 is out. :(

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2016.59.57_zps9qz6p6lj.png

Here you go mate.

As for question 2 - I started off by spending quite a bit of time on my tactic and doing all the micromanagement you talk about at the early stages of a save. I then holidayed the first couple of seasons (jumping in and out during the transfer windows to fend off bids for my players) as I just wanted to get a couple of intakes through the door. This season is the first that I've properly focused on each game (although I've always played the European games) and it's reaping some rewards - more on that later.

In terms of the assman, I have him managing friendlies (now my tactic is sorted) and handling press conferences. Rest is down to me. I also work from home at the moment so I've got a fair amount of time to play :D

Sarrio's career path will be very interesting. Not a bad European run either.

'Not bad'? 'NOT BAD'?! Man you're hard to please :p

2018-19 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: 2nd

- Table & Stats

Europa League - 3rd Qualifying Round

- lost 4-1 to Ajax

Copa Constitucio: Second Round

- Tree

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: N/A

-

Top Goalscorer: Francisco Navarro (Played: 38, Goals: 17)

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Yuri Peixoto (Played: 47, POTM: 12, Av Rat: 7.51)

Notable Impact: Jose Teixeira (Played 43, Assists: 11, Av Rat: 7.39)

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS: Urgh! Really frustrating season. We toppled out of the cup in the second round on penalties and then led the league for most of the second half of the season before two draws in our last three games let Santa Coloma through to win it. Means we just missed out on Champions League football :(

THE YOUTH PROSPECTS:

DEFENDERS:

Pedro Silva (YP3): Not developed as well as I'd hoped and he's lost his starting position at left-back. He's played 81 league games for the club but only managed 11 in all competitions last season - emblematic of his stagnation.

Pedro Perez (YP16): Recent arrival got a few games at right-back at the end of the season but didn't handle the pressure of a title run-in too well, seeing red in our penultimate game of the season.

Ivan Belmonte (YP2): The man from Belmonte continues to hold down the right-back position despite fresh competition from the academy. Played over 130 games for us now.

Jose Paz (YP13): The coaches doubt his ability, I think he's pretty handy. Came into the first XI for the second half of the season and performed well, on the whole.

Eduardo Ribeiro (YP17): Late arrival through the academy but has a long way to go to make it here. Played nervously.

MIDFIELDERS:

Adrian Cutillas (YP5): 'The Cutlass' had a great year anchoring the midfield, picking up his first cap for Andorra at the tender age of 16! They lost 9-0 to France but still! What an achievement.

Yeray Diaz (YP14): Played six games off the bench since joining the club in March, creating one goal. Just the start, I think.

Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7): This was his first full season at the club and he took over the AMR position pretty quickly. Being able to play up front clearly helped him when in on goal as he picked up 13 goals and 10 assists in 37 games. Top season.

Christian Cifuentes (YP1): The first guy I took a shine too is nearing the bin to be honest. He's never really found a position in the first XI and when he does get a game, rarely impresses.

STRIKERS:

Miguel Castro (YP13): Six appearances with one start but no goals yet. He's our highest rated striker but I'm going to need to work on his finishing first.

Carlos Delgado (YP10): Came through the academy last season but only managed his breakthrough this year, scoring once from three sub appearances.

OTHER BUSINESS:

We announced a link with Darmstadt which will see them have first option on our players. We get paid £17k per season. It's not much but it helps.

Our U18s also won the league!

NEXT SEASON: Has to be the title again. We need to improve in the Andorran Cup for starters but it's the title we really need.

ANDORRANS IN EUROPE: We lost to Ajax in the third round of the Europa League, Lusitanos lost 3-1 to Videoton of Hungary in the first round of the same competition and Aldosa lost to NK Zavrc of Slovenia at the same stage. In the Champions League, surprise winners Atletic America lost 4-0 in the first qualifying round to Traku FK, champions of Lithuania.

SARRIO WATCH:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2021.12.02_zps4pq6jtkb.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%2021.12.19_zpsbs9lvtlg.png

He's already improved a fair amount in his six months in Bilbao. Signing a new contract already and being described as a 'promising striker' convinces me he could go to the very top... we'll keep a close eye on him!

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-29%20at%2000.15.54_zpseevhfijd.png

Well this was a pleasant surprise. Bit annoying that it's going to take over a year to happen but can't complain, we've got the cash for it.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-29%20at%2000.30.04_zpskscfmacm.png

We're heading to Denmark to face Randers. Don't really know anything about them so I can't really make a prediction here. I suppose in this post-Sarrio era we're big underdogs...

Seems photobucket is down for maintenance at the moment so I don't have a ton to say, yet. :lol:

Sarrio getting a Spain U19 cap at 16-years old is madness. May he go on to do great things.

Club and nation progress all looks great, format of reviewing the players' seasons is very tidy. Good stuff.

Looking at those youth intakes, I really hope SI works on making kids look more like kids, because the facial hair on those 14-year-olds is ridiculous! Best of luck in Andorra mate.

Seems photobucket is down for maintenance at the moment so I don't have a ton to say, yet. :lol:

Sarrio getting a Spain U19 cap at 16-years old is madness. May he go on to do great things.

Club and nation progress all looks great, format of reviewing the players' seasons is very tidy. Good stuff.

Too kind, thanks tyler!

Looking at those youth intakes, I really hope SI works on making kids look more like kids, because the facial hair on those 14-year-olds is ridiculous! Best of luck in Andorra mate.

Haha I know right? To be fair I think we can put the facial hair problem down to the man that made the face pack file I used. That said, it's part of the fun too :D

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-29%20at%2011.48.17_zpsz8vz98g5.png

Pleased with the second leg result but we never stood a chance of qualification after losing 4-0 in Denmark. Pedro Perez (YP16) sent off ​again!

Roughly paid £210k for that so the bank balance still looks nice and healthy :)

Youth Intake - 2020

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2000.22.41_zpsvwjsfnjp.png

I think it looks better than the reality to be honest. All those players with 4* minimum potential is great but the majority won't ever reach that so I've just picked out the four best from this year's intake below.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2000.23.11_zps5sgldrvi.png

Juan Jose Rey's an odd one. It's not often you see a six foot six winger! I think I'm going to continue to train him as a winger but the temptation to turn him into a target man is quite large.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2000.23.22_zpse5mhubv7.png

Jean-Louis Bicot is a very interesting prospect. I doubt I'll get many players through with a key attribute of 16+ so to see him arrive is great. I'll be training him to become our playmaker. The Andorran Pirlo, if you like :D

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2000.23.33_zpsgqqklmgn.png

Antonio Cortes might become useful but I don't really anticipate him ever starting for us. Happy to give him the chance though.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2000.24.31_zpsci21pbna.png

Ramon Gomez is another I'm not that sure about BUT he's a AML and we're very short on that front. He's also quick and has a good cross on him, which in the structured style we're playing, is all I'm really after from the widemen.

I'm loving your early youth intakes. :thup:

Sarrio looks.... too good if anything. My initial reaction was flog him out for a fee + 50% and get him back in on loan for 2 years as part of the deal, but of course you can't do that because you can't offer the required contracts at this stage of the save I don't think. Still amazing anyway.

I'm less keen on Castro, but there is no doubting he is good.

I noticed straight away that you seem to be getting some decent personalities through your intakes, (at least until this last one). Would love to see some info on your HoYD.

Great start, (and loving the spreadsheet by the way). ;)

I'm loving your early youth intakes. :thup:

Sarrio looks.... too good if anything. My initial reaction was flog him out for a fee + 50% and get him back in on loan for 2 years as part of the deal, but of course you can't do that because you can't offer the required contracts at this stage of the save I don't think. Still amazing anyway.

I'm less keen on Castro, but there is no doubting he is good.

I noticed straight away that you seem to be getting some decent personalities through your intakes, (at least until this last one). Would love to see some info on your HoYD.

Great start, (and loving the spreadsheet by the way). ;)

Haha thanks Jimbo! You can't beat a good spreadsheet eh ;)?

I agree on the Sarrio/Castro analysis. Sarrio's destined for the big time but I feel we should be able to grow as a club enough to keep Castro (though he is also saying he won't sign a new deal due to the substandard quality of his team-mates)!

As for HoYD, I look for someone with a half-decent personality and that's it at this level. Playing style doesn't concern me because 1) we need good players everywhere and 2) I'm not sure (is it fact?) that their preferences affect/weight the intake.

So this was the guy we had for the first three intakes, and we know have this guy, who's been here for the most recent two.

2019-20 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: WINNERS!

- Table & Stats

Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round

- lost 4-1 to Randers FC

Copa Constitucio: Quarter-final

- Tree

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: Runners-up

Top Goalscorer: Miguel Castro (YP13) (Played: 40, Goals: 18)

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Jose Teixeira (Played: 45, POTM: 15, Av Rat: 7.69)

Notable Impact: Hugo Barreto © (Played 44, Goals: 13, Assists: 17, Av Rat: 7.21)

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS: Our first league title! We led for most of the season and fully deserved the title, despite the mother of all slumps in the middle of the season. A slight tweak to the tactic worked in the second half of the season (moving CMs to CMa and FBd to FBs) and we were in business, scoring more than ever.

On the cup front we were roundly beaten by Danish side Randers in the first qualifying round of the Europa League - a disappointment after last years' run to the third round. Likewise on the domestic front we fell to Lusitans in the Andorran Cup quarters and lost to FK Santa Coloma in the Super Cup.

THE YOUTH PROSPECTS:

DEFENDERS:

Pedro Perez (YP16) - Took over from Belmonte at right-back until injury struck and restricted him to just 21 games. I'm still not convinced by either him or Belmonte and it's definitely the weakest area of the squad but they're still dependable enough for this stage in our development.

Ivan Belmonte (YP2) - The Man from Belmonte's lost his starting place. Or at least he did til Perez got injured. Returned to the first XI and helped see us over the line.

Jose Paz (YP13) - He's ok but suffered a real slump in form during our hardest stage of the season and was subsequently dropped. Stats-wise he's solid, but I fear mentally he's not good enough and he's very slow.

Eduardo Ribeiro (YP17) - And so in came this man! He's still so young but he's rated really highly by my coaches. Maybe it was too much too soon though, because from all our regular starters his average rating was the lowest by some way.

MIDFIELDERS:

Adrian Cutillas (YP5) - The Cutlass had another fine season at the base of the midfield. He's got a bit of competition around him now but he's still our No.1 DMC and produced his best stats to date in the year he reached over 100 league appearances for the club.

Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) - Carrasco is indeed Cutillas's main threat but he actually came into CM rather than DM more often than not to give us a bit more protection in the trickier away games. He's another who's very well-rounded.

Roberto Leon (YP18) - held in high esteem by our coaches and was doing a fine job in CM until injury ended his season. He's very well-rounded and should become an essential member of the squad.

Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7) - pretty superb season from our AMR. His second season in a row hitting double figures for goals and assists.

Yeray Diaz (YP14) - Another promising midfield prospect who was given his fair share of appearances - mainly off the bench. Picked up a couple of assists but I'm looking forward to getting him on free-kicks and seeing if he can add a couple of goals next season.

STRIKERS:

Miguel Castro (YP13) - led the line for us for the majority of the season and did a fairly good job. He's not a natural finisher and hasn't quite developed his radar enough yet to truly dominate the league. That said, he's only a baby and did well in his first year as our No.1 striker.

OTHER BUSINESS:

Confirmation that the facilities are getting upgraded. The money's come out of the coffers but it'll take six months til they're completed.

Elsewhere we won the U18 league title again and announced a new sponsorship deal!

NEXT SEASON: Florentino Perez has made it clear, he wants a clean sweep on the domestic front, meaning all three trophies. We're just out to enjoy ourselves in the Champions League.

ANDORRANS IN EUROPE: FK Santa Coloma beat Bangor City on penalties before losing 6-0 to Ferencvaros in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League. In the Europa, we lost to Randers, Lusitanos lost to Inter Baku of Azerbaijan and Inter Club d'Escaldes d'Andorra fell 6-0 to Belarus's Dinamo Minsk, all in the first qualifying round.

SARRIO WATCH:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%2011.00.49_zpsi07khbu1.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%2014.09.35_zpsufvqafgy.png

Sarrio's signed his first £1m contract, at the age of 17, and made a good impression in the youth teams, scoring a few goals. He looks to be developing nicely in Bilbao. More as I get it.

Wow, bit of a reality check in Europe. Making wonderful progress elsewhere. Just look at the that spreadsheet! :lol:

Apologies if you mentioned this previously, but do you have interest in taking over the national team job as well?

Wow, bit of a reality check in Europe. Making wonderful progress elsewhere. Just look at the that spreadsheet! :lol:

Apologies if you mentioned this previously, but do you have interest in taking over the national team job as well?

Yep, would definitely take the Andorran national team job if/when it becomes available. Could be a while though.

I love to see what's good in La Massana, however, you need to be more competent in the next European games soon.:)

What happened to the other Andorran teams? Are they semi-pro or professional?

Every club in the top flight is semi-professional at the moment and most have secure finances so we're all fairly healthy.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-03%20at%2010.46.35_zpssggel9zc.png

Just to give you an idea of how well we're providing for the national team, here's the latest list of players called up. If you're interested in specific players just shout and I'll screenshot them :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-03%20at%2012.48.24_zpspqqkb2kk.png

Well this is a bit of a blow. We've got decent young strikers coming through but Navarro's been here since the start and whilst not always a starter, is definitely one of the best strikers in Andorra. Unfortunately he damaged his Achilles tendon and is out for 6 months, which at 31 years of age is apparently too much of a blow and he'll be retiring in about two months. His record stands at 64 league goals in 144 league appearances. Not bad at all.

More like the La Massana national team. :lol:

Who's the best Andorran in your game world right now? Anybody playing in Spain?

Some good questions. The only Andorrans in Spain are the ones playing for FC Andorra in the lower leagues, so barely worth a mention. As for the best Andorran in the world, I've got no idea! Going by value it's Parcero (YP7) but given most are on non-contracts I don't think that's a fair representation. There's a few other options in the key players section on the Andorra team page but again they're all a much of a muchness. Hopefully a few of ours will start to blossom in the coming years and really make their mark!

Youth Intake - 2021

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2000.53.05_zps0iiqu3eg.png

I really like my HoYD! This is another superb youth intake and we've got a lot of potential first-team stars through in one go. I've tagged more than ever this time around!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.12.25_zpsbqw3trlk.png

We're getting pretty well stacked in the CM/DM department now but Ruben Noura looks like he'll slot straight into the CM position just on his attributes alone. We're no longer playing an anchorman so I'll have to work on his first touch, passing and composure but elsewhere he's great. Excellent mentals and physicals and a professional personality. He'll be great.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.12.36_zpsttox7nlt.png

I'm still searching for the long-term replacement for our captain Hugo Barreto (still an important player for us but he's been overtaken by the rest of the squad in terms of ability) and Moises Arroyo looks like he could be the man. In our 4-4-2 formation we need wide midfielders over wingers and Arroyo is the first to come through and look a legitimate first teamer there. I love his teamwork and work rate, he's quick and technically he has a good foundation.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.12.47_zpscaoumnoo.png

We still lack a good right-back but we're definitely open to improving our left-back and I think this intake has covered that with Alejandro Garcia's arrival. He's fit, brave, determined, quick enough and looks like he'll be more than capable going forward.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.13.10_zpsdt2vtfwz.png

Rated by the coaches, though I'm not convinced, Alberto Munoz will provide competition at right midfield. His physicals are excellent so if we can get him to a decent level technically he'll be a good squad player.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.13.19_zpsdzb8eqn2.png

Yerai Caballero has been tagged mainly for his versatility and due to the coaches' opinion. I'm not convinced but we'll see.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.13.29_zpse4iehqks.png

The position of second striker in my formation (an advanced forward) is still up for grabs to be honest and Ismael Carrasco looks the business. He's quick, good off the ball and can finish and that's about all I want from my most attacking striker.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.13.43_zpsb2d8aemp.png

We're still short a good second centre-back so I'll be keeping an eye on Cesar Herrera in his first year at the club to see how he develops. With any luck he'll push on and lay claim to a first-team spot.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.14.12_zpsj7uw3xwj.png

Carlos Gutierrez looks a genuine prospect, though he'll need retraining to MR. That said, he's got stats in the right places, aside from pace. That and his poor movement worries me but elsewhere he's solid.

So that's this year's intake. Who do you fancy to make a lasting impression in Andorra?

Youth Intake - 2021

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2000.53.05_zps0iiqu3eg.png

I really like my HoYD! This is another superb youth intake and we've got a lot of potential first-team stars through in one go. I've tagged more than ever this time around!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.12.25_zpsbqw3trlk.png

We're getting pretty well stacked in the CM/DM department now but Ruben Noura looks like he'll slot straight into the CM position just on his attributes alone. We're no longer playing an anchorman so I'll have to work on his first touch, passing and composure but elsewhere he's great. Excellent mentals and physicals and a professional personality. He'll be great.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2013.13.29_zpse4iehqks.png

The position of second striker in my formation (an advanced forward) is still up for grabs to be honest and Ismael Carrasco looks the business. He's quick, good off the ball and can finish and that's about all I want from my most attacking striker.

So that's this year's intake. Who do you fancy to make a lasting impression in Andorra?

Noura & Carrasco both really jump out at me in terms of attribute balance. As I was posting this I noticed that they are Pro & F.Pro to boot.

Result. :applause:

2020-21 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: WINNERS!

- Table & Stats

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round

- lost 10-0 to IFK Gothenburg

Copa Constitucio: WINNERS!

- Tree

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: Runners-up :(

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Top Goalscorer: Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7) - (P45, G23)

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: David Gonzalez - (P40, G9, A16, RAT: 7.49)

Notable Impact: Miguel Castro (YP13) - (P46, G16, A16)

GENERAL CONSENSUS: We chased Lusitanos down to win our second Andorran title and completed the double beating them over two legs in the Cup Final. They did get the measure of us a few weeks later though, defeating us on penalties in the Super Cup. I can't grumble too much though, they beat us home and away in the league. It did however, cost their manager his job :D.

Europe wasn't much good this year as we slumped to a 10-0 loss to IFK Gothenburg.

I'm getting happier and happier with the squad now though. The brightest prospects in the first couple of intakes have cemented roles in the first team squad, whilst more recent intakes have truly produced a couple of gems. We should go on from here to dominate the domestic scene.

THE YOUTH PROSPECTS:

DEFENDERS:

Alejandro Garcia (YP25) - slotted in at left-back for the crunch games at the end of the season and excelled. Should have a bright future, particularly with Arroyo in front of him.

Eduardo Ribeiro (YP17) - still highly rated, still underperforming. May see his first XI place come under threat in the coming season.

Pedro Perez (YP16) - made the position his own this season, nudging The Man From Belmonte into the reserves. Did a sterling job all year although it is probably our weakest position in the squad now.

MIDFIELDERS:

Ruben Noura (YP23) - played five games since joining the club and really looked the business. We've got a really strong midfield now and I expect him to be at the heart of it for years to come.

Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) - an excellent midfielder, one of the best in Andorra and rightly rewarded with six international caps over the season.

Adrian Cutillas (YP5) - The Cutlass can put this season down as another fine one, largely spending it in a two-man midfield with Carrasco. Also scored his first goal for Andorra - a rare feat in itself!

Roberto Leon (YP18) - I like him, I think he's got potential but I'm just not seeing the results yet. That said, he's 16. I think I can give him a few more years of rotation until I make a final decision on him.

Moises Arroyo (YP24) - three assists in his first six games for the club have marked Arroyo out as the outstanding prospect from the 2021 intake. Really excited about him.

STRIKERS:

Jose Francisco Parcero (YP7) - Was the advanced forward all season and delivered the goals that took us to a double. Not prolific but didn't let us down either.

Miguel Castro (YP13) -He's a very good footballer and probably going to leave us when his contract expires in two years time but for now I'm more than happy to have him as the deeper-lying defensive forward. Contributed with goals and assists all year long - can't ask for more.

Juan Jose Rey (YP19) - Didn't make a first-team appearance but racked up an astonishing total in the reserves and youth team this year. His size is a major problem and it doesn't look like Andorrans can cope! He'll be given opportunities in the first XI this year.

OTHER BUSINESS:

A new record for us as we saw 21 players called up to Andorran international duty!

Icing on the cake this season was probably this enormous sponsorship deal :D

NEXT SEASON: We aim to go for the clean sweep again, while gradually growing this promising squad.

ANDORRANS IN EUROPE: FC Ordino lost 4-0 to Neftci Baku in the Europa 1st Q Round, Inter Club d'Escaldes d'Andorra lost 4-0 to Slovakia's Zilina at the same stage, as did Lusitanos who fell 5-0 to Switzerland's FC Vaduz. Poor all round, really.

SARRIO WATCH:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2018.48.46_zpseatjh7dv.pngScreen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2019.00.41_zpso1mrowrl.png

A great year of B team football for Sarrio, who consistently banged them in. He's now served his time as an apprentice and has been listed for loan by Athletic. Intrigued to see what level of club he moves to next.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2019.21.13_zpsquxokwp4.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2019.21.34_zpsnktgynsx.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2019.43.41_zpsrfobmsfj.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2021.07.43_zpswbgufxj7.png

Everything's moving on up! Happy with this, the league rank continuing to rise is the biggest thing for me, although it's great to see the national team improve with our players at the heart of it too.

Sarrio transfer fee coming soon, mark my words. :)

I can feel it too tyler! :D He's moved to Girona on loan for the season in the Liga Adelante (2nd tier) so this'll be his first big test as a pro.

Going on an amazing youth intake and now La Massana is now being the dominant team in the league.:) Hope you get big wins against the neighbors and even Swiss clubs.

Thanks sherwinriga, I hope so too :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-05%20at%2016.57.55_zpsgtxnxmt9.png

Another record!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-05%20at%2019.34.59_zpswg23cqfm.png

:(

He'd been having a great time lately up front with Miguel Castro (YP13) and this will set his development back somewhat. Guess it's the price you pay for playing 14-year-olds in a man's league...

Archived