*** When will you realise...Andorra waits for you *** [FM16 youth challenge]

iacovone

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2021.10.15_zpsia9ygxvm.png

Remarkable! After losing 2-0 in Greece, we battered PAOK at home with Carlos Pereira netting a proper poacher's hat-trick! Genuinely stunned we turned it around and we're into the groups of the Europa League!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2021.11.10_zps3vrd3jdh.png

Nice bonus to the bank balance!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2021.12.05_zpsnt8l4rro.png

We're not getting out of this one but have to say it's a decent draw. Three good-ish teams but no-one outstanding. Still fully expect six losses :D

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2011.41.36_zpsmzzza9zd.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2011.41.47_zps7yynpkkz.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2011.42.00_zpsotnvr3yx.png

A very respectable Europa League group campaign that should do wonders for Andorra's coefficient. I seemed to finally find a tactical setup that properly negated better teams (or at least makes them find it really tough to break us down) and that led to a couple of goalless draws away from home. At home, I tried to grab a goal or two and generally went for the win, hence the narrow losses and one draw. Overall though, delighted with our work in Europe this year. Feel very proud of collecting three points in a group this tough.

Great performance in Europa League. 4 goals scored, 2 draws in away games and only -3 goal difference. Good job!

Thanks! I think you've hit the nail on the head there. The goal difference is usually the best indicator of how a team has fared so I'm delighted with that. Also worth noting we picked up two red cards in those six games as well - both in the 0-0 draws surprisingly enough!

Youth Intake - 2027

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.38.05_zpsasarxova.png

Well it's not much of an improvement on last year but I've found a couple of interest and a few more to bolster our reserves and U18s.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.38.17_zpsaiiqnurq.png

The best of the intake and someone who should deputise well for Arroyo on the left wing.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.38.27_zpsx4ipmjk3.png

I'll always welcome new full-backs to the club as we're consistently so poor at developing them. Simoes looks like he's got promise.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.38.37_zpszuucvvaa.png

Domingo is another left-wing option. Not quite as good as Prats but definitely something there to work on. He's pacy, and that always helps.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.38.47_zpsjzhfgzjc.png

Probably no better than a back-up centre-back to be honest.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.39.00_zpsktorqnly.png

Good mentals and decent physicals so he's worth investing some coaching time into. We're still short a good left-back so he's got a chance of making it here.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2016.39.37_zpsd7gtntfo.png

Another decent goalkeeping prospect. No glaring weaknesses but lots to work on.

Overall - disappointing. Guess I'm starting to get intakes for our level and not the mini-superstars we produced in the early years. I think I might change the HoYD in the summer to shake things up a bit. His first intake in 2024 was great (Le Breton the highlight) but since then it's been dire.

You're certainly producing. It's not always easy to make a judgement both due to the especially young age of a lot of the intake and the low standard but I can still see a few good ones there.

2026-27 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: 2nd :(

- Stats

Champions League - 3rd Qualifying Round

- Lost to Dinamo Zagreb 5-0 on agg

Europa League - Group Stage

- Collected three points, GD of -3

Copa Constitucio: WINNERS!

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: WINNERS!

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Carlos Pereira (YP22d) - P54, G32, A14, RAT: 7.47

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Ruben Noura (YP21b) - P51, G2, A4, RAT: 7.70

Notable Impact: Noa Le Breton (YP24a) - P50, G13, A7, RAT: 7.64

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS:

Well this was a rollercoaster season! After last season's close call with Santa Coloma, this year we lost our crown to FC Encamp on goal difference! This is hugely significant in Andorran football and really signals the changing of the guard. Can we get it back? I'm genuinely not sure! Lusitanos and Santa Coloma were close to us as well and are always strong so it looks like we're set for much more of a challenge domestically.

You might be wondering how this has happened, and I did too, until I looked around at my rivals' squads. They've really picked up some good players since turning pro. Encamp have Giulio Tarantino, Crescenzo Manzi and Nicolo Spina, Santa Coloma have goal-grabber Jordi Mas and the creative Jose Antonio Perez while Lusitanos have the best player in the league in Ricardo Alves.

So we've got the Italian job at Encamp, the Spanish inquisition at Santa Coloma and the Portuguse man o' war at Lusitanos. An eclectic mix and quite the challenge to our plucky Andorrans!

On the European front we perhaps had our best year yet, making it to the Europa League group stage and putting a more than respectable effort, collecting 3 points in a tough group. We'll be entering the Europa 1st qualifying round this year but I hope to take us to the groups again, even though it will be harder.

On the player front, Carlos Pereira's become the main man up top, while Noura continues to drive us on. Elsewhere, Le Breton stood out and David Gonzalaz picked up great numbers from wide right.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

- The new stadium has been delayed.

- Aldosa and Carroi are the latest clubs to turn professional.

- Spending £5.8m on improving the training and youth facilities again.

- Just set a new international call-up record!

- League reputation has jumped to 1.5 star level at last!

FAREWELL:

- Just Javi Perez leaving this summer, the goalkeeper with 427 appearances for us. He's been a loyal servant but has lost his place in the team over the last few years and badly needs to move.

NATIONAL TEAM:

Much better year for Andorra, as they competed in the European Nations League D beating the likes of San Marino and Lithuania. Also picked up draws with Northern Ireland twice to soar back up the FIFA rankings to 153rd.

SARRIO WATCH:

A better season for Sarrio, who ended a monumental goal drought, finishing the season with three goals to his name. He'll be hoping for more games next year and may just get them.

MUNOZ WATCH:

Munoz spent the year on loan at Nimes in Ligue 2 and produced good numbers, registering double figures for goals, really pushing his reputation up.

Some of your YPs over the years have had substantial facial hair for 14 year-olds - what kind of supplements is your HoYD giving them? :D

This is my favourite part of the save. We've had some stunning facial hair graduates from the academy :D

You're certainly producing. It's not always easy to make a judgement both due to the especially young age of a lot of the intake and the low standard but I can still see a few good ones there.

I think you're right delta, I've just done a thorough re-examination and re-assignment of their training focus and do quite like a couple of this years' intake.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2008.03.15_zpshjvbuctr.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2008.03.00_zpsd3zhhgnh.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2008.38.06_zpscqkvsoam.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2008.38.22_zpsbjtg4gl7.png

A sea of green! Lovely positive moves made across the board. The facilities are really becoming pretty damn strong, with another improvement coming in November. That's the only reason the finances are down this year. We've also got the new stadium opening in October.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2009.24.41_zpswtjpzfr6.png

Back to San Marino in the Europa first qualifying round.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Lusitanos (who have a tough draw against Cercle Brugge) and Santa Coloma (who play Valetta of Malta). The latter should​ make it through

Maybe you should keep finances in green. I briefly thought that you had gone deeply in the red rather than simply indicating a smaller bank balance.

That's a very good point. I'll make the changes in the next season update, cheers for raising :thup:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2010.42.30_zpsaetbxrkv.png

Safely through!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2010.42.50_zpskzqi0pvr.png

And we're off to Slovenia in the next round. Elsewhere, Lusitanos were really unlucky, losing to Cercle Brugge on away goals. Santa Coloma disposed of Valetta 3-0 to join us in the second qualifying round, where they'll play Swedish side AIK Solna.

In transfer news, this is a bit mad. Lusitanos have snapped up a Barcelona B reject and FC Encamp (the champions) have loaned someone in from Trabzonspor! I'm getting quite interested in the standard of the league jumping up as it seems we're getting overtaken by the ambition of these clubs! We're 4th favourites for the title this year :D. Guess I won't be holidaying any part of this season...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2011.55.15_zps6bdak4i9.png

Dreadful. We missed 5 clear cut chances in the second leg, conceding to one of their half chances to dump us out of Europe at this early stage.

Santa Coloma lost 5-1 to AIK Solna meaning no Andorran team made it beyond the second qualifying round of the Europa League.

There is better news in the Champions League qualifiers, where FC Encamp defeated Slovan Bratislava 2-1. They now head to Austria and face Red Bull Salzburg in the third qualifying round.

So it's not all bad from a coefficient point of view, it's just hugely disappointing to see us drop off domestically and in Europe in a six-month period. I don't want to put too much emphasis on the youth intake because we have a strong squad, but we could really do with a productive set of graduates this season!

Great job, La Massana, Santa Coloma and Encamp! The match between NK Zavrc and La Massana is not dreadful for me, but I hope that La Massana will get more hopes to reach the Group Stage soon. Let's also wait if FC Encamp wins the Third Qualifying Round.

Great job, La Massana, Santa Coloma and Encamp! The match between NK Zavrc and La Massana is not dreadful for me, but I hope that La Massana will get more hopes to reach the Group Stage soon. Let's also wait if FC Encamp wins the Third Qualifying Round.

No win for Encamp - they lost 2-0 to Red Bull Salzburg. Respectable scoreline to be fair!

Think it's a great thing in the long run to have competition in the league.

How much do you see the new stadium changing things? Are you the first club to build one?

Far from it! We're late to the party - this is the 25th new stadium in Andorra :D

Reason for this is at the start of the save, everyone shared two stadiums so the majority of clubs built their own place within the first two seasons. We do boast the biggest stadium now though so I think that'll provide long-term benefits from gate receipts. 17k expansion capacity is decent too.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2018.49.56_zpsksbtqpad.png

Hurrah! I'm doubling up on club and country looking to take Andorra into the top 100. This is my first international job on this FM and maybe the last iteration as well come to think of it.

Anyway, here's the info screen on the day I took over:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-16%20at%2018.51.27_zpsyvuv9qib.png

You'll also notice a certain Mr Munoz on the 'top players' section. He's at Saint Etienne now and genuinely a great striker. Our success will hinge on him, more or less!

Youth Intake - 2028

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.39.49_zps8rjqwxqe.png

Immediate butterflies here. First time in four years we've had someone with more than 1.5* CA join the club and we've got two of them in one fell swoop!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.40.00_zpssjkt11mc.png

We've been waiting for a good full-back for almost a decade and although we're getting by at the moment it looks like Miquel Velasco could be the saviour I've been after! He's got good base stats across the board and excellent mentals. He could be a tad quicker but I'll work on that. I think he'll look outstanding in a couple of years.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.40.08_zpsmzz2zzrr.png

Our current keeper is the best Andorran in the game but I reckon Masson could well push him. He's got the height, the solid base and should develop nicely in the next few seasons. Not a problem position for us but it's always handy to have good depth at keeper in a challenge like this.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.40.57_zpslbgsaa7b.png

Ferrreira doesn't blow me away really. Needs a lot of work if he's to challenge for a first-team spot.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.41.08_zpsckflpxrr.png

He's massive and strong at just 14 so I think Munoz may well become a good central defender for us. Again, not a problem position but I'll keep a close eye on him and his luxurious hair.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.41.24_zpsdbhazmuw.png

Any wide player that can cross has a chance in my club and so I'll be watching Martinez's development with interest.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.41.44_zps79cjun1b.png

Tagged mainly for his personality but we'll see what happens. We're a bit short of depth in CM so Alonso has a chance.

That's your lot this year. I think I'll sign one or two more from the intake after a week of assessment but didn't feel the need to tag them. They'll mainly be in to bolster the youth and reserve squads for now.

Le Breton's still out injured unfortunately. He probably won't be back until next season to be honest. As for the Andorran national team - our first game is just around the corner. We're travelling to the mighty Gibraltar in a friendly, not a big test but it'll help me see where we're at.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2014.16.44_zpsrrwrmcsd.png

Good to see I'm everyone's good books already :D. I really don't think 13 is excessive - we've genuinely got the best Andorran players, so why wouldn't I pick them!? Plus only two of them are potential debutants and one has become a key player for us this season at only 17. It all makes sense, the Andorran press can p**s off :D

Gibraltar vs Andorra (friendly)

My first match in charge of the national team went to plan. I put out the strongest XI available to me (captain and star Munoz was out injured) and we got the job done, winning 1-0. My Massana youngster Ferran Rocha poked home the only goal of the game after a deep cross from Pepe Martinez.

Our next game isn't until August so I've got the rest of the club season to assess the form of the other contenders before we host Cuba and then head to Moldova (both friendlies).

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2014.53.12_zps09eyxsvt.png

I love those messages...they make zero sense! But, the media being the media, if it isn't one thing you're getting criticized for, it's another! #MediaManager2017

Velasco and Masson look class!

Archived