[FM16] I can't think of any decent title - A Journeyman Save

DavidBeckham

That was my thought as well. Positioning being defensive. Gutted about Cohen leaving but I'd guess as time goes on so do the players. However, Clough for that price is incredible.

Oh maybe I am wrong. I always thought positioning was about...with a lack of a better phrase...a players starting position, like does he position himself between the lines for a CAM, and for a striker does he play off the shoulder.

Where as Off the ball was more about the runs he was making.

But the more I think the more they are both very similar.....sorry if I was wrong. Anywhere we can get a full run down of what each stat actually pertains to?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh maybe I am wrong. I always thought positioning was about...with a lack of a better phrase...a players starting position, like does he position himself between the lines for a CAM, and for a striker does he play off the shoulder.

Where as Off the ball was more about the runs he was making.

But the more I think the more they are both very similar.....sorry if I was wrong. Anywhere we can get a full run down of what each stat actually pertains to?

I was confused previously too but found out from Cleon that positioning is entirely for defense while the attacking version of it is off the ball :)

That was my thought as well. Positioning being defensive. Gutted about Cohen leaving but I'd guess as time goes on so do the players. However, Clough for that price is incredible.

Cohen is good for a mid table side but if we want to break into the European places, an upgrade is needed :(

As for Clough, I was lucky to find him on the transfer list and he is a fantastic replacement for Zarate :D

It is hard watching al these favourite players disappear, maybe not the best idea to manage a club you support.

I have started a game with Forest now so will see how I get on. Thought I would load similar leagues to you but left out Denmark. I am playing Touch though as time is short.

Clough. :cool: Good luck next season mate.

Thanks as usual mate! But Clough is struggling to get ahead of Kramaric in the first 11 at the moment! ;)

It is hard watching al these favourite players disappear, maybe not the best idea to manage a club you support.

I have started a game with Forest now so will see how I get on. Thought I would load similar leagues to you but left out Denmark. I am playing Touch though as time is short.

Sorry mate! The squad badly needed the upgrades if we want to make the climb up the league :(

Will certainly be eager to see how you get on with your save!

Great first season back in the Premier League and nice to see you have a bit of cash to splash as well :)

Cheers mate! We may have the cash but world class players aren't too keen to join us at the moment though!

Good luck for the coming season. Great start to life at Forest, but I guess you'll be looking for a move soon?

Great to see you around mate! I will be attempting to win the Premier League & Champions League in Nottinghamshire before looking for another club :)

January Transfers 2017/2018

Jeroen Zoet (4.5 million pounds)

Q2u775G.jpg

Daniel Bentley got ruled out for two months right before the January transfer window and that pushed through the signing of the Dutch keeper from PSV. Jeroen is better than all of the keepers we have in the squad and will most probably go straight into the starting 11 for the second half of the campaign.

Jack Wilshere (3.9 million pounds)

YWJba21.jpg

We have enough attacking midfielders in the squad but when a player of Wilshere's calibre is available for only 3.9 million pounds, you simply don't turn it down. The Englishman's workrate and ability to beat a man will be vital in Fankaty's attempt to restore Forest back to its glory days \o/

I've grown accustomed to you ruining us. I'll accept that for a bit of success :D. So as long as you win the Champions League soon, all shall be forgiven.

At least Fankaty has managed to establish Forest as a Premier League side in three years ;) He will definitely try his best to win it!

Nottingham-Forest-icon.png

Season Review 2017/2018 - Nottingham Forest F.C.

League

4lQrjwH.jpg

We managed to surpass both the board’s and media’s expectations by finishing just below the European places in 7th place. However, there was an air of disappointment when we left for vacation as the gap was minimal. The lads lost out to Man United and Newcastle on goal difference and were only three points behind 4th placed Spurs at the end. Nevertheless, Fankaty had to be happy with the progress the team has made and Forest is now widely recognized by all to be a proper Premier League side :D

Awards

iAMhRVz.jpg

SribSVl.jpg

After Assombalonga’s double last season, it was Kramaric’s turn this time round as he went one step further to clinch the Premier League’s Top Scorer award, repaying every single penny of the 6 million pounds paid for him last January \o/

kz5gDXC.jpg

After a season of over-achievement, Fankaty bagged his first ever Premier League’s Manager of the Year award!

FA Cup (Eliminated in sixth round)

4LjssX3.jpg

For the third year in a row, we were eliminated by Arsenal in a 0-1 defeat. Higuain was again our nemesis, escaping Gabriel at the far post to fire past our hapless keeper.

Capital One Cup (Eliminated in third round)

ARmp7Q0.jpg

I had to take full responsibility for this season’s cup failure as I chose to field our second string with a number of unfit players against Ipswich as the tie was sandwiched between tough Premier League matches against Man City and Spurs :(

Squad Stats

2IcQqX2.jpg

We now have a squad capable of being competitive in the top flight and aren’t too far off from the European places. Fankaty now faces a tough task of attracting players to bring the club to the next level in his third season back in the Premier League.

Players of the Season

Demarai Gray

Demerai took some time to earn Fankaty’s trust but when the English winger finally managed to break into the first 11, he was a constant threat down our flanks and ended the campaign with 6 goals and 6 assists in 21 league starts. He’s only 21!

Nicolae Stanciu

Nicolae has had a solid season in the Frank Lampard CM-A role and most of the team’s good attacking plays went through him. The Romanian ended the season with 4 goals and 10 assists in 35 starts and takes his place in Fankaty’s top three players of the season \o/

Andrej Kramaric

What a fantastic season for Andrej! The Croatian forward had been in terrific goal-scoring form for us, firing us up to 7th position with 22 goals in 32 Premier League starts. Without a shadow of a doubt our player of the season!

Great season there DB. Possibly a bit of a bloated squad. Anyone you have your eye on to push you to the next level?

Cheers mate! I had funds left last summer and after the previous campaign's injury nightmare, I went a bit too far with the squad depth :lol:

Did you want to get into Europe?

Absolutely! That would've enabled us to attract players of higher calibre. Disappointingly, two players have already rejected our contract offers for Everton and West Ham this summer :(

Great progress with Forest so far.

Thank you mate!!

Good finish to the season. Good springboard for the coming campaign.

Thanks as usual mate! :D Hopefully Europe next!

Absolutely tearing into another cracking save and thread already, well done so far and keep up the good work.

Delighted to have you back mate! Are you planning any save for FM16?

Preseason 2018/2019 - Nottingham Forest F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Achieve a mid-table position

FA Cup: Reach fifth round

Capital One Cup: Reach fourth round

Exact same expectations for the third season in a row but I hope that we can make further progress in all competitions to avoid stagnation.

Budgets

Transfer: 51.88 million pounds

Wages: 1.3 million pounds

It is the same story as last season. We have the money, but players who would take us to the next level wouldn't join us. It's vital that we make Europe this season for the squad to make further progress.

Transfers

ThobozO.jpg

We only used a third of our budget on three players in total, all English-speaking defenders with Premier League experience.

Key Signings

Borja San Emeterio

Borja is a young Spanish full-back who attracted lots of attention from Premier League sides. I was glad to see him choose us in the end and he will compete with Wahlqvist for the first choice right-back spot.

Chris Smalling

We needed upgrades on our center-backs but the scouting department struggled to find any on the market until Chris Smalling was found to be placed on the loan list. Fankaty snapped the England defender up immediately and he will go straight in to partner Gabriel in the heart of our defense.

Brendan Galloway

Haidara was our weak link in the defense last campaign and we were eager to improve our options in the left-back position. Brendan is a capable defender but found himself outside Everton's starting 11 and he was more than happy to relocate to Nottinghamshire in an attempt to find regular football.

I'm not sure I like getting that much TV money. A £50 budget is massive. Even in FM15 it would take years at Forest to achieve that, and you'd need to be in the Champions League too. I know its just mirroring the SKY money IRL but the Premier League really is **** these days aint it? I miss muddy pitches in winter and squads of 16 players, most of which were home grown, over weight, Z list celebs :'-( I'd take a Neville Southall over a David De Gea any day...

Anyway back to the topic

Have you been able to improve the facilities much? As i am a season behind you at the mo

I'm not sure I like getting that much TV money. A £50 budget is massive. Even in FM15 it would take years at Forest to achieve that, and you'd need to be in the Champions League too. I know its just mirroring the SKY money IRL but the Premier League really is **** these days aint it? I miss muddy pitches in winter and squads of 16 players, most of which were home grown, over weight, Z list celebs :'-( I'd take a Neville Southall over a David De Gea any day...

Anyway back to the topic

Have you been able to improve the facilities much? As i am a season behind you at the mo

I agree, but as you say it is a problem with top flight football as it exists rather than FM.

Anyway back to the topic

I agree, but as you say it is a problem with top flight football as it exists rather than FM.

YvZ1MRD.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my current facilities. I'm not too sure I like the TV cash too, the Premier League has become so competitive on my save that I'm struggling to make progress this season :(

Solid foundation to build on for next season. Got to be aiming for the top 4 this time, given that you took only 6 points from the last 5 games, and even 10 points would have had you third or fourth and in the Champions League? So close, so close :)

The season end was tough last campaign with most of the games against the top 6 in the league. We are now further away from the top 4 as we struggled to attract higher quality players and the strong became stronger :(

Good choice with Galloway, was one of my favourite signings in FM 15.

Galloway was unbelievable for me on FM15 too. He's not making too much of an impact on this version though!

January Transfers 2018/2019

James Wilson (2 million pounds)

ddkekw8.jpg

The only signing we made in January, and it was a forced move as well. Clough wanted more football but Kramaric/Assombalonga are making it hard for me to drop them with good goal ratios. I had not choice but to let Zach leave and Wilson was brought in for 2 million pounds as his replacement. If he can avoid injuries, the pacy striker can be a real bargain.

Excellent score!

Cheers mate! :)

Has Hamez Wilson even played for United? He looks almost exactly like how he does at the start of the game:(

He has been cursed with injuries and guess what, he broke his foot even before breaking into my first 11 :(

Season Review 2018/2019 - Nottingham Forest F.C.

League

adPkUOK.jpg

Unbelievable. We missed out on the European places narrowly again and it is slowly becoming a vicious cycle. Players who could bring the squad to the next level refused to join Fankaty in Nottinghamshire and he was forced to enter the season with a similar squad. As a result, this season’s achievements were similar to last’s and Forest was unable to take the next step. On a more positive note, Fankaty managed to surpass both the board's and media's expectation of 9th position, and we managed to move up a place in a league. Forest will keep trying!

Awards

V0LCvrd.jpg

We do not have too many awards this time round but it was pleasing to see the constant improvement of Gray since he joined two years ago. The speedy winger was Fankaty’s most consistent attacking threat this campaign and more than deserved his Young Player of the Year award \o/

FA Cup (Eliminated in sixth round)

GzT37Ee.jpg

We were again halted in the sixth round, this time by Tottenham in a narrow 1-2 defeat. Patrick Roberts gave us the lead but Spurs came roaring back with two late goals to put us out of the cup.

Capital One Cup (Eliminated in fourth round)

N0v7QHP.jpg

The lads did not cope well at all after Strandberg's dismissal for receiving two yellows and we eventually slumped to a surprise 1-2 extra-time defeat against Wolves.

Squad Stats

031bYNs.jpg

As mentioned earlier, there was no real upgrade on last year’s squad and we entered the season with very much the same level of players. Apart from James Wilson’s broken foot, Fankaty was pleased to see an evident drop in the number of injuries suffered this campaign.

Players of the Season

Britt Assombalonga

Assombalonga started the season as second choice behind Kramaric but managed to dislodge him in the second half of the season when the Croatian was down with injury. The hotshot ended the campaign with a decent goal ratio, scoring 12 in 22 starts in all competitions and takes his place in the manager’s top 3 players of the season \o/

Demarai Gray

Demerai kept up his good form from last campaign and even managed to go a step further to bag the Premier League’s Young Player of the Year award. The incredibly quick winger managed to reach double figures for both goals and assists and is Fankaty’s choice for Forest’s player of the year!

Patrick Roberts

Patrick managed to avoid injuries until the season end and has benefited from regular football, ending the campaign with an impressive 8 goals and 9 assists from the left wing. Definitely worth a mention in Fankaty’s top 3 players of the season!

You might be disappointed but I think that's still an excellent season. There's nothing wrong with consolidating your club's level for a couple of seasons as it gives you time for the club reputation to grow, the (younger) players to grow, the finances to grow; and you've improved on last season's finishing position anyway.

You might be disappointed but I think that's still an excellent season. There's nothing wrong with consolidating your club's level for a couple of seasons as it gives you time for the club reputation to grow, the (younger) players to grow, the finances to grow; and you've improved on last season's finishing position anyway.

I totally get you! The disappointment came from how close we were to the European places, sometimes you would rather be further away if you do not get there in the end.

Nevertheless, it was still a positive campaign :)

Great season, but must be a sick feeling to miss Europe by a point.

Very sick, especially when this is the second consecutive season we've missed out narrowly :(

I think you can get into Europe next season - at least you won't have the burden on Thursday night trips to Azerbaijan followed by Sunday league matches.

I would rather have that burden to be honest! We are stuck with players of the same quality and rivals are poaching our players :(

Preseason 2019/2020 - Nottingham Forest F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Achieve a mid-table position

FA Cup: Reach sixth round

Capital One Cup: Reach quarter-final

We finally saw some changes in the expectations and the board now expects us to go further in both cup competitions. As for the Premier League, they would be happy to see us consolidate our mid-table position this campaign.

Budgets

Transfer: 55.09 million pounds

Wages: 1.6 million pounds

Again, we can’t complain about the board’s commitment as they handed Fankaty yet another handy transfer war chest for the summer ahead. However, better players wouldn’t join us as we have no European football. Another tough window awaits.

Transfers

nvDRl6m.jpg

It was all about filling up the holes left behind by the departures as Fankaty brought in six new players this time round.

Key Signings

Victor Lindelof

Fankaty could’ve signed Victor last campaign but he chose West Ham ahead of us and did not have a great season there. We went back for him this time and he was quick to join up with the squad as he attempts to correct his wrong decision earlier.

Chris Smalling

We wanted to keep him desperately after last season's successful loan deal as there was a lack of quality centre-backs who were willing to join us. Fankaty was delighted to find out that Man United chose not to renew Smalling’s contract and he snapped him up immediately.

Charlie Taylor

The left-back position remained our weakness in defense and Fankaty was keen to strengthen it this summer. Charlie was on the transfer list and we were all delighted to see him join for a mere 1.1 million pounds. What a bargain!

Archived