FM16 Major League Soccer

Yes you can see the value of each draft pick. I don't remember where I found it but I do remember seeing it in FM16. I think the draft is too valuable to sell. The draft picks add good potential players at a low cost. I think the only downside is MLS get 66% of money if you sell any drafted players to teals outside the league, so I usually keep the players I really like and trade the rest away to other MLS teams for more draft picks. I think there was an issue with all draftees being only American in FM15, so I'm waiting to see if FM16 has any international or dual internationals in the draft. I would like to do an early scout throughout the year for good draft candidates, but have not figured out how to do that in FM for the past few years. I am determined to figure out how to scout them early this time around.

I think LA is the only team that aggressively trade for big name stars of MLS in FM16. They were after many of my star players in FM15, but they raised it up another level in FM16 by going after many star players that are in form around the MLS. I don't track other teams traded or follow MLS trade/transfer rumor in FM, so I don't know if rival teams trade with each other. I tried to get Nagbe and Manneh for my current save, but both teams didn't want to discuss it since I'm a Sounders manager FM16.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went through the draft and regen date. There are dual national players for the draft and regen. I'm glad to see this.

As for the draft, my chief scout automatically (or maybe I clicked something in my messages) starts scouting players once a list of players declared for MLS draft is in my inbox on December 19, 2015. I can't remember the exact date of the draft, but I think it was January 14, 2015. In that time span, I have to wait for my chief scout finish the initial scout before I could send my 2 best scouts do a scouting reports on potential 3+ star players. There aren't anyone I wanted to draft after the 1st round, which is consistent with the last 2 versions of FM.

There is also an option to buy a extra designated player slot for $150k targeted allocation money if I look at Board. I can see 150k targeted allocation money if I look at my finances (under "League Specific"), but its the same amount from season one to season two. I'm not sure when or if I will get more targeted allocation money to save.

One last good improvement increases in salary cap from $3,500,000 in the first season to $3,650,00 in my second season. Senior minimum contract also increased from 60k to 62k. I'll continue to monitor and post these value as I progress through the seasons.

If there is one thing I would like to improve for next year's FM, then it would be Youth Recruitment and Junior coach having no limit. Right now, the highest both can achieve is "average".

If you do remember where you saw it, I'd love to know :)

Search "Major League Soccer".

Hover your mouse over "Transfers" for a drop down list.

Select "Estimated Trade Values"

Is there any way to change it so that canadian teams take up the qualification spots (for continental cups) from US teams if they finish ahead of them ?

In the editor, you can change their "continental cup nation" from Canada to USA. This will probably cause problems with the Canadian Championship, though, so you might have to either modify that tournament to include teams from the Canadian league instead, or (more risky) modify the NACL to not have a spot reserved for Canada.

What is the determining factor for talent of the superdraft? I simmed about 15 seasons with usa youth talent at the max and the superdraft still puts out useless players. Is there a way to get the superdraft to match the reputation of the league?

That's how it has always seemed to me in all the FM's. Really wish SI would look into this. The superdraft is pretty pointless. You won't see much guys with a PA over 120-130. While USA youth intakes for MLS teams and also lower level teams are producing guys with PAs of 160-180's. Yet, those regens from non mls teams never are guys that eventually show up for the MLS draft when they turn 18-20 yrs old. They are always signed by european clubs by the time they turn 17.

Really REALLY wish when a United State non MLS clubs has a youth intake, those guys stay and develop and then when they are 18 or whatever the age is set for the MLS draft in FM (I think 19/20 to mimic college age players after playing a year or two in college) they then are MLS draft eligible.

Or take 1 or 2 of the US amateur lower leagues in the game and designated any regens in that league to be future mls draft pool. So, pretty much have those league mimic the NCAA as producing the draft pool. So, no european clubs can come in and buy them. They can buy the regens from the other US lower level leagues but not from the league that is programmed to be the designated draft pool. Makes sense? You don't have to create an NCAA or anything like that. Just designate the MLS draft to use that amateur league as their draft pool. Because right now, the MLS draft in FM is pointless. You won't find much in there, just backups and depth. Whereas that is not the case in real life.

Every other game year in FM14-16, there is usually 1-2 good talent in the draft that could develop into superstars. In my recent draft posted earlier this week, there was 1 great American CAM with a lot of potential. He was snatched with the 6th overall pick, then I had to pick the second best player with the 7th overall pick. My pick was a D mid with good stats to be attacking wingback. I started training his new position once he signed his senior minimum contract.

In FM15, I drafted a CAM in the year 2015 that turn into a superstar and had a lot of caps with the USMNT.

In FM14, I drafted a CB that turned into regular for the USMNT as well.

In all MLS saves, I don't play past 5 years so I don't know what happens after that.

In FM 2013, I picked a defensive midfield with Montreal Impact. He left Montreal after three years to Benfica and ended up in Barcelona. his value was more than $30M.

Some good ones in 2015, especially before the last patch, but nothing like the one I picked in 2013...

Can someone tell me if the Wage Budget (not the salary cap) ever increases ? After 2 seasons with Portland i have 15+ mio in the bank but the wage budget stays at a mere 5.5 mio (which includes staff i think). I could fit a few 200-400 k (per year) guys into the salary cap, but can´t sign anybody due to the low wage budget (can only offer 60k per year contracts).

However, in October my "wage budget for next season" was temporarily rising astronomically enabling me to sign a player (then the budget reset). Problem is of course that the interesting Free Agents are available in the summer ...

EDIT: Having done some testing on this now. Apparently selling a player for a substantial amount and dropping below the current wage budget will magically raise the budget. I sold Juninho for 2.5 mio and immediately my budget jumped from 5.5 mio to 9.5.

Selling players is the only way to raise the budget. That is the same budget is used to buy players and raise the one year's salary cap (lowering the budget).

Juninho is a great player on my save and he was eventually became a regular for USMNT in the midfield rotation of Emerson Hydnman and M Bradley.

Not really sold Juninho, only did a backup save to test this thing out :) Had a hunch that there was some funky stuff going on here and it seems as if there is ...

Selling players is the only way to raise the budget. That is the same budget is used to buy players and raise the one year's salary cap (lowering the budget).

Juninho is a great player on my save and he was eventually became a regular for USMNT in the midfield rotation of Emerson Hydnman and M Bradley.

nah, if you go into the finances menu, there are 2 distinct budgets: Allocation and Wage (and of course the salary cap). LA f.e. has a wage budget of around 20 mio, as has Toronto with their super expensive DPs. You still need to fit your signings into the salary cap of course, but a higher wage budget gives you the chance to get a couple 300-400k senior players rather than only 60k min sal guys as long as you are able to move funds from the allocation money to the salary cap.

And me selling Juninho raised the Allocation Fund as it should and the seperate wage budget magically went from 5.5 to 9.5 mio. What irks me is that the board (or the cpu-decicion triggering it) apparently needs that little extra push to consider raising the wage budget, even though i already had a bank balance near 20 mio. And there is no option to ask the board to raise it either, which to me indicates that there is some faulty logic in play here to make it "work" with the MLS rules.

Managed to replicate the result by selling Alvas Powell instead, for whome i have a good enough replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe you're already over your team wage budget (different from salary cap)? it can happen especially if you have a couple of well paid Designated Players.

otherwise you might want to raise this in bugs section.

maybe you're already over your team wage budget (different from salary cap)? it can happen especially if you have a couple of well paid Designated Players.

otherwise you might want to raise this in bugs section.

Bull's-eye ! Thanks kandersson. I have three DP, which seems to lower the wage budget...

this kind of has to with MLS however, I'm playing with a custom database for a canada league and was wondering is there a way to find out if MLS teams release players in the news section i mean if u sub to the nation or something along those lines.. you know how u would get info if a premier league released players at the end of the season type thing

Atlanta is my favorite American city that I have visited so I plan to play a career there at some point. I was hoping that I they would be in this version but they just got a name and logo and colors a few short months ago and their stadium plans are not even finalized yet so it is understandable that they are not going to be in this version.

But it would be really nice if the Jan update could include them....

As a European, it was a very cool city to visit and it will be interesting to see if Football can make it there.

Atlanta is my favorite American city that I have visited so I plan to play a career there at some point. I was hoping that I they would be in this version but they just got a name and logo and colors a few short months ago and their stadium plans are not even finalized yet so it is understandable that they are not going to be in this version.

But it would be really nice if the Jan update could include them....

As a European, it was a very cool city to visit and it will be interesting to see if Football can make it there.

I really hope you get to see more of the United States. If you are blown away by Atlanta, I don't know how you are going to react to the countless of better cities in the country. If you want to be an atlanta club in this game, then just go to the editor and move the atlanta team to the MLS.

I really hope you get to see more of the United States. If you are blown away by Atlanta, I don't know how you are going to react to the countless of better cities in the country. If you want to be an atlanta club in this game, then just go to the editor and move the atlanta team to the MLS.

I was going to say, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that Atlanta is their favorite US city. To each their own I guess. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started a Philadelphia Union database issues thread to address the issue but I'd like to also whine where people can hear me. Philly's new USL club owned team Bethlehem Steel is in game with totally accurate player roster but they're totally unaffiliated with the union. They're literally owned and operated by the union, barca B or udinese and Watford style. On top of that despite all his signingstuff being there Earnest Stewart our new director of football isnt contracted to the club at all. Talk about missing a couple things.

Archived