[FM15][SKIN] Slymlyne

Drakestone

I'm about to upload a new update and I couldn't tell you if it has or not for this one, but I will make sure it definately is (if not) for the final release of it.

EDIT: No, there are still no up/down arrows as of yet (try using your mouse wheel, much more accurate than the slider) but i'll see what I can do about it for you.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BETA UPDATE!!!!

SCREENSHOTS:

2R0UU3f.jpg dgTJUDI.jpg 219XmvL.jpg KzPc8ov.jpg

CHANGELOG:

08/11/2014 - Update to v1.44b

1. Changed the font sizes across the board (this means all news items should be viewable correctly now)

2. Made changes to the appearance of the header.

3. Changed text font back to white

4. Changed tabbar background to be semi-transparent (so white writing can always be read)

Let me know what bugs you find!!

Remember to delete any previous versions of my skin before installing to avoid conflicts. Make sure you install it afresh.

DOWNLOAD

I'm about to upload a new update and I couldn't tell you if it has or not for this one, but I will make sure it definately is (if not) for the final release of it.

EDIT: No, there are still no up/down arrows as of yet (try using your mouse wheel, much more accurate than the slider) but i'll see what I can do about it for you.

Ok thanks, I don't have a mouse wheel as its a laptop but I'll just plough on as I am for now... Also, on game day and a few other times I've noticed the 'Continue' button disappearing, space bar still works so it's not a major issue but still worth noting.

Ah, I hadn't seen any reports of anything when I've looked through the news, obviously needs a bit more finetuning. It is, at least, a lot rarer now (used to be on every page near enough).

Updated the club overview to look the same as the player overview (with the transparency in the left hand column.)

om5xCaO.jpg

RDhQDNp.jpg

@janesy20: Is this on the latest version? It does move from the left on normal screens to the top right on match screens but I haven't seen it disappear yet. Try deleting the two skin folders (slymlyne and slymlyne sidebar) and reinstalling the latest version (3 posts above)

Click on the gear symbol (next to the fm button) and select the picture on the far left. They should now appear in the background aswell.

As for replacing the Lyon stadium picture on the club overview, you need to find a big picture of the new ground on the web and save it as lyon-stad.jpg in this folder.

My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/graphics/backgrounds

Latest of v2.0:

Well, I've been busy this evening and I've come up with something to really make this skin innovative. Introducing a new mod to the background selector, you can now choose wether to have your background tinted with your clubs main colour. This will also have an opacity selector just like the background opacity does.

Here's some examples of it in action:

qGPq8l0.jpg

txeqre0.jpg

RmyuUWm.jpg

So what does everyone think to it?

I've also changed the main body font to Arial in order to make things more readable as well as get rid of any remaining text size issues I was having. This is VERY close to final release now and I'd say with any luck, it'll be out in the next 2-3 days.

yes this last addition is a very nice thing. I'm still waiting a final version of this skin :D

I hope that you didn't forget to add the small flag/nation under the personal player page details, under age if is possible ...or somewhere ...

thanks!

Tinted screen not to my taste, but as long as I can have a choice, no problem. This skin is turning out quite nice, I'm using the 1.3 atm. Just one thing; do you absolutely have to make your mark on the opening screen quite so ... obvious? I would much prefer a start screen that is as close to the original as possible - is there any way you could be persuaded to make your own stamp on it a bit more subtle?

Oh, and I also use a code that I found somewhere else in here (to put into the skin's "panels" folder) that makes players roles and duties show up on the tactical pitch view. It helps a bit.

Hey Thomit

As I said, the tint will be optional and you can also change then opacity of it if you like, the options will be in the background selector with the rest of the background options. As for the main menu, you can always bring this back to default byndeleting the slymlyne/graphics/main menu folder. I have also added the tactics screen improvements to v2.0 by default. :)

Hope this helps!!!

Splendid. The 2.0 sounds like it's going to be just what the doctor ordered.

Edit: Btw; how about a version with the task bar on the right, if possible? I'm sure many would appreciate it.

Oh, and another thing; I can't seem to get my preferences for choice of background and opacity to stay put, I have to re-do it every time I start up the game. Is there anything you can do about that?

done it already for next version ;) Anyone want me to post up a latest file? Fixed quite a few things but haven't quite got the tint selector working, so id be releasing 4 skins in essence. One with mini sidebar and tint, mini sidebar and no tint, full sidebar and tint and full sidebar and no tint. Or would you rather wait til the selector is working correctly?

downloaded the background pack you linked earlier, saved it in in the file you mention but it is only the small picture on the club info screen that shows? I want the stadiums to show as per some of you screenshots. I have clicked the gear symbol but that doesnt offer the stadium backgrounds either?

I'm probably being really daft..........

I have the FMC Stadium Megapack in:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2015 > Graphics > Backgrounds

I have cleared the cache, and reloaded the skin and only the small club info stadium pics show.

If i click the gear symbol, from left to right i get the choices of - grey screen notepad style, stadium, blurred grass, wembley grass, another grey aa

Magnificent skin! Well done. The club coulor-opacity is a very nice touch which I can't wait to use. The logo's during the match is also a nice touch.

The only thing I don't like is the switch you made from right to left for the options button "FM", continue and settings button. But maybe If the 'hard' colour of the top bar continues through those buttons it might be better. It's too cut up now in my opinion, and the logo/clubname somewhere on one-third of the page just doesnt seem right somehow.. Logo's should be as far to the right as possible in the top-bar, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned ;-)

Furthermore the top bar might be a bit thicker so that the logo gets bigger and stands out more, but that tiny logo in the top bar is probably the SI-standard fot FM15. I'm not sure if that is editable.

Anyhow, looking forward to the release of the skin!

BETA UPDATE!!!

This is the last beta release before it's finished completely. One or two very minor bugs now.

13/11/2014 - Updated to v2.0b

1. Put solid background behind sidebar and continue/nav buttons to make UI appear less broken up.

2. Added colour tint versions of both the mini and large sidebar skins (there is now 4 skin versions to choose from)

3. Improvements to the Player overview and slight changes to the club overview panels.

4. Improved the matchday screens and processing screen to be in keeping with the rest of the UI

5. Added old style tactics panel view.

6. Changed font back to original (HelveticaNeue) except for titles fonts which are in Lato.

7. Other misc changes (too many to mention)

Let me know if you find any bugs, the ones I know of are as follows.

1. FM Settings button displays incorrectly once it's been clicked.

DOWNLOAD

Yep, this is a weird bug with FM, some files dont load correctly until you restart FM (like the accent colours.xml file). Easiest way around it is to load the default skin up and then reload slymlyne, it should all work fine then.

Archived