ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2039/40 - Sky Bet Championship: 17th

Squad | Transfers

Well this was certainly a kick in the face after last season's success.

Early season our defense just fell apart, and our offense wasn't much better. As late as 19 games into the season we were sitting dead bottom of the table.

Made a few adjustments - recalling our backup keeper into the first team, shuffling some players out of the first team, and eventually we turned it around, having a good run though the middle of the season that saw us realistically safe in the run home, and from there it was time to experiment with a few youth products.

Findings thus far have been mostly good, we managed to string together an 8 game unbeaten run at the back end of the season. I think we're about too see a big generational change as our youth team is looking stacked with potential and the older guys aren't ever going to be a serious promotion threat (last season's run at the playoffs seems a fluke).

Finances

Board don't understand finances so they keep on injecting money which helps. Should be able to bump youth facilities again once the solidarity payment comes in.

Key Players

(33b) Kristian Rice - My big retraining success story of late, turned a midfielder into a striker and when nobody else fired this year his 16 goals was probably what kept us alive.

(22b) Casey Driver - Could be coincidence but only gave up 33 goals in his 26 games and 41 in the other 20. I want to hand the keys over to (39b) JJ Wareham next year but if he struggles it's good to have Driver as his backup.

Youth Intake

Hopefully this is because of facilities upgrades and a sign of things to come, because this is an awesome intake!

(40a) Calum Boot - DL/DC - Already quite good and given good premier league potential! Injury proneness the only drawback.

(40b) Michael Grimes - AMR/MR - Quick little guy with leading championship potential, but also injury prone.

(40c) Kevon Sanguinetti - DR - Not as immediately ready as some of the others in the intake, and high competition at right back at the moment.

(40d) Luke Bannister - AMC/MC - Didn't start out with great stats but is already seeing big leaps. Has leading championship potential as well, but yet again injury prone.

(40e) Clive Freeney - AML/ML/AMC/AMR - Finally an inside forward who arrives with double digit finishing, and also arrives already a consistent performer.

(40f) Paul Sutton - DC/DL/DR - Best until last here, straight into the first team for a run for this guy! A little quickness training and he'll be great for us.

Hard to tell with the black stars exactly how far everyone is going to go, but we now have 15 players rated 5 star potential ... finally I think we're starting to get the talent to catch up to the league we're in.

Previous Season Goals

I think we snuck into the playoffs in a weak season, I'd be happy with just the same points total even if it means we drop a few places. - Big fail.

Next Season Goals

Happy to tread water for a year or two while we develop the young guns.

Logo.jpg

FC KAMAZ Naberezhnye Chelny

2016/2017

Table | Results (continued) | Statistics (continued) | Transfers

M© Y0a Morozov stepped up into the starting lineup. So the first quarter of the year was transitioning from a defensive, M©-less tactic to a more balanced 442 and 4231 formation. Even with the more attacking formation, we were shutout five times by the end of September. It wasn't until young AM(LCR),ST© Volkov settled into a role in the front four, that we began to see consistent finishing. We went on to a 4-win October and clear of relegation by winter break.

Youth17.png

D(LC) Y1a Korotaev

M(CR),AM© Y1b R.Andreev

GK Y1c Nazarov

M©,AM(LCR) Y1d V.Andreev

D© Y1e Gasanov

And with the help of the extra depth, we keep pace and stay clear of relegation. Unfortunately at the end of the season, we learn the growing debts cost us our planned upgrade of our youth training facilities. Fortunately, we discover our star striker (and fan favorite) Volkov won the league's Top Goalscorer Award and was named to the League Best XI.

As we move into next year, I can see Y1a Korotaev, Y0d Budylin and Y0c Golubtsov taking over some veterans' roles.

U.Montemor F.C. 3rd tier in Portugal

My profile: has never looked so depleted.

Clubs Facilities: seem pretty middling for this level, with a jack of all trades focus, I have seen one opposition club with poor youth facilities and very good training facilities!

Finances: Pretty poor, as the board also took out a 340k loan, 3k payments a week!! Nice they have contacts with the local mafia I see.

Transfers: All staff and one loanee sent home, there were also three other players on trial when I came in who were not signed, who could have really helped the club haha.

Every staff member was replaced other than the U19 manager, who had a well rounded resume` and a personality of fairly determined. All the new staff had better stats and personalities, either being professional or sporting (which I like and have had the most success as with performance and producing talent).

The team is pretty solid as a first 11, though not a lot of depth according to my assistants stars. That said I have played half my friendlies and chucked in the lowly guys and a couple played well, namely Fernandes (rated as a star and a half potential), who I put in against L2 side Cadiz scoring twice from the wing and getting an assist against a lower side as striker? It could be the case of mistaken potential, but I'll sub him on a few times and see if his stars change, if not he may be ok off the bench for me this year.

Lastly, I'm going to use 2 formations, one attacking/controlling which I hope to use most games and a defensive/counter to hold out games or, when I come against the big boys, or if a team plays centrally to negate them.

ok, that's enough other than to say the board want a playoff spot, top 2 in other words, where the other 8 teams in the group (I think there are 7 groups of 10 teams) go into a relegation playoff.

Rot-Weiss Essen 2026/27 ~ German Bundesliga

RWESSENLOGO_zpsfa7c50ca.png

Season goal: Avoid relegation

Media prediction: 18th

Board expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

League Table | Stats | Transfers | Finances

RW Essen vs Schalke

38:00 – Toni Kroos shoots an awful free kick against the wall and then scores a half volley off the rebound...

74:00 – Toni Kroos scores his second from a harsh penalty

91:00 – Norbert Goralski scores a consolation goal from a 30 yard free kick

Game ends 2-1 Schalke.

Unfortunately Schalke have signed the now 36 year old Toni Kroos from Real Madrid and in the end he scored both their goals. The result takes Schalke one point ahead of us at the winter break. We currently sit in 10th place having collected 22 points from our first 17 games. The table is tight at the bottom but as long as we can avoid one of our infamous winless runs then we will be fine. The 4-4-1-1 formation that I trialed towards the end of last season is working really well for us at the moment. Hopefully we can get to 40 points ASAP so that I can play the youth team for the rest of the season.

Another sunny afternoon

It's now early March and we've already picked up 35 points with nine matches still to go. I'm very confident that we've avoided relegation again for this year so I will play more of our good youth prospects for the last nine matches. On a sadder note we've just gone out of the German cup to Bayern Munich. The match ended 3-3 in extra time, and Bayern went on to win via penalties. We were up 3-2 in the second half of extra time but just couldn't see it through.

The season has gone well. Our final match sees us up against our mortal enemies, who at kick off are just three points ahead of us. A victory will see us leapfrog them on goal difference... unfortunately both of our starting central defenders are injured meaning we will have to play a couple of youngsters! Schalke have decided to play a 35 year old DL/ST up front.

Schalke vs RW Essen

0-0 @ Half time, a poor match all round. I have decided to push for the win.

The most boring derby in the history of derbies ends 0-0.

Putting the last game to one side we have improved and finish the season in 8th. We've earned £26 million which is great as we were -£6million towards the end of the season! The stadium is being expanded by 9000 seats as I try to move the club towards a semblance of self sufficiency. We're also upgrading the facilities again (£10m). Because we currently don't make any profit we escape having to pay tax which is really good. I have set up another youth affiliation, this time with Jaén. I doubt I'll actually get any amazing Italian or Spanish youngsters from my affiliations but at least it will add a bit of variety to our youth intake!

I came second in the German Manager of the Year voting :)

Setting goals is tough as the division is pretty stacked in terms of talent. The last thing I need is to have one bad season and end up back in the Second Division. We seem to have become a bit like Stoke, which I suppose isn't such a bad thing.

My real problem is the lack of a second striker to develop in Martin Bohms place. Until we find one I don't really feel like we can push for the champions league. I also want to avoid the Europa League at all costs as it will increase board expectations and the squad doesn't have the depth needed to compete in the league at the same time. It's bad enough having to play in the German Cup! :D

:applause:The Best of Essen :applause:

Jonas Traser

Jonas is already one of the key players in our 4-4-1-1 system, definitely on the road to becoming a global star! Was selected as a starter in the First Division team of the year.

A special mention goes to our new left midfielder Sani Ibrahim, who has picked up the First Division Newcomer of the Year.

Also Ralf Malchow has developed into a quality defender. I rotate him from RB to CD.

Performance of the Season

Köln 0 – 3 RW Essen

Köln were top of the table at the time and this result propelled us on for the rest of the season. Köln failed to qualify for the champions league by just three points.

Youth Intake

Jérôme Daun (YP12a) - Looks like he could be really good, might retrain him as a wingback to try out a different formation in the future

Felix Voß (YP12b) - Good goalkeeper prospect, will be mentored by Pirmin

Mike Schneider (YP12c) - Yet another central midfielder!

Frank Dörner (YP12d) - Another central defender, will rotate him into the side when he turns 17

Our best youth intake for ages!

2026/27 goals

Survive relegation

2027/28 goals

Mid table

I love this idea for a challenge - I've attempted it quietly before, but find myself frustrated and desperate to plug gaps with freebies early on. I'm currently doing my own thing, but might have to give this a shot at some point.

l0ExB2m.jpg

Season 2025/26

Belgian Pro League - 1st

Summary:

If I had to describe this season with 1 word, it would be - Wonderful

We managed to become the League Champions, finishing there after unexpectedly good season, as we were always near the top. Great performances in key matches helped a great deal.

It was a very close battle, as the only deciding factor about us being first was just 1 win. We also got to Belgian Cup Semi Final.

I've become an icon for our club, so half-way to legend.

Euro Cup:

We eliminated Istra 1961, Vitesse and AS Saint-Etienne to get into Group Stage, which we amazingly won - 2x vs Everton, 1x against Sevilla and 1x against BMG. In the First Knockout Celtic has beaten us 3-6.

Still great achievement getting past Group Stage :)

League Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Transfers

Facilities

Finances

Squad

Youth Watch:

Intake stats: Jean-Luc Detry (YP02b) Now: Jean-Luc Detry (YP02b)

Intake stats: Angelo Mannelli (YP02d) Now: Angelo Mannelli (YP02d)

Intake stats: Pieter-Jan De Moor (YP03b) Now: Pieter-Jan De Moor (YP03b)

Intake stats: Maxim Nys (YP03a) Now: Maxim Nys (YP03a)

Intake stats: Werner De Vos (YP04d) Now: Werner De Vos (YP04d)

Intake stats: Raymond Roelandt (YP06a) Now: Raymond Roelandt (YP06a)

Intake stats: Seppe Dermaut (YP07a) Now: Seppe Dermaut (YP07a)

Intake stats: Quinten Jansen (YP09a) Now: Quinten Jansen (YP09a)

Youth intake

There have been better intakes, but at least two players got tagged

Here are my 2 tagged players:

Bob Horemans (YP11a)

Stan Nuyts (YP11b)

Goals from last season:

Get better league position (9th or higher) Success - 1st

Try to get to Euro Cup Group stage (tough one) Success - First Knockout Round

Goals for next season:

Qualify for continental competition

Get a point in Champions League Group Stage

Seasonal Summary:

Season     Division                       Position     Belgian Cup       Europe           Achievements
2015/16    Belgian Third Divison A        1st          Sixth round                        Promotion
2016/17    Belgian Second League          11th         Fifth round                        
2017/18    Belgian Second League          8th          Winners                            Belgium Cup - Euro Cup qualification
2018/19    Belgian Second League          2nd          Fourth round      Group Stage      Promotion Playoffs
2019/20    Belgian Second League          1nd          Seventh round                      Promotion
2020/21    Belgian Pro League             11th         Seventh round                      
2021/22    Belgian Pro League             16th         Seventh round                      Relegation playoffs survival
2022/23    Belgian Pro League             12th         Seventh round                      
2023/24    Belgian Pro League             10th         Quarter final                      Euro Cup qualification
2024/25    Belgian Pro League             10th         Semi final        Playoff          Euro Cup qualification
2025/26    Belgian Pro League             1st          Semi final        1st Knockout     League Champions - Champions League Grp. Stage Qualification, Euro Cup 1st KO Rnd.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 9 Review (2023)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

Premier Division : 8th (Fixtures)

Swedish Cup : progressed to group stages next season

Season Review

Very happy with everything in our first season in the Swedish Premier Division!

An 8th place finish was good reward for a solid season on and off the pitch. We were helped immensely by the fixture computer, giving us one of the easiest starts to the campaign against other recently promoted clubs. Thankfully we took advantage of that and got off to a very strong start. There were even back of the mind thoughts about challenging for European places at times early on, but we eventually found our comfort zone in the 8th-10th spots. An equally friendly last few games on the fixture list gave us a nice bump up into 8th.

Youth Intake

Our first season in the Premier Division also saw a Premier Division worthy intake. Extremely pleased with the depth this is giving me, especially as the last few remaining stalwarts from when I took over are leaving (except the evergreen Robert Smolander!). Interestingly, two of our higher potential kids this year are English. Myself and one of my fitness coaches are English, and my youth recruitment network has recently expanded. Presuming this played into it.

Kevin Gustavsson (YP 09A) - Love the look of Kevin. Due to our abundance of attacking midfield options, I am going to take the bold step of turning Kevin into a false nine forward. Played 9 games at the end of the season, scoring 3 and assisting 3 times. As long as he takes to the new role and training, I am optimistic here.

Simon Jones (YP 09B) - Our big English talent. A slightly below ideal height central defender, but a very well rounded player for his age. Slotted straight into the first team squad, appearing 8 times. He didn't particularly play well, but it should prove to be great experience and assist his development.

Andre Holgersson (YP 09C) - One of the main reasons behind my decision to retrain Kevin Gustavsson (YP 09A). Andre looks like my kind of attack minded central midfielder. Consistent, bags of potential and hard working. Cannot defend worth a lick, but I have other roles in the side set-up to mask these weaknesses (I hope!)

Senad Fezjic (YP 09D) - Sadly Senad looks like a waste of talent. A winger in a team which does not currently deploy wingers and has passing and tackling rated at 1! Will retrain to central midfield, but I cannot see any hope here.

Rob Burnett (YP 09E) - Initial reading of a good Premier Division striker, who relishes big matches and is fairly consistent! Doesn't particularly shine anywhere, but hoping he can develop into a useful addition.

Johan Ernelind (YP 09F) - Similar to Senad, a winger in a wingerless setup. Retraining will happen, and a lot of hoping too.....

Ulf Olsson (YP 09G) - Another high potential goalkeeper. With our 9 year starter Victor Skoglund asking to leave near the end of the season for a new challenge, the #1 jersey will be open for Ulf to challenge for.

"Frolunda Five" - 2023 Edition

Robert Smolander - Stepped into the vacated Niklas Wikstrom (YP 05A) role and excelled. 4 goals, 8 assists and a 7.55 average rating in the Premier Division. Only downside is that he is now 32 years old. He has a lot of youth knocking on the door, but I can see at least 1 more year of him commanding a starting spot when available.

Joakim Lagemyr (YP 06A) - Very nice season for Joakim. Started out playing his more natural central defender role, but was increasingly deployed at right back as the season wore on. Now attracting foreign attention.

Jorgen Lindmark (YP 07A) - Jorgen grew into his role this season, with unspectacular, but solid performances. Just the way I like my central defenders. Nice attribute progression.

Erik Soderstrom (YP 01B) - After being overlooked for a season or two, Erik has forced his way into being the focal point of our attacking options. Hitting 16 goals this year in the league, with an additional 3 in the cup. May transition out of the spearhead role and into a supporting forward role in the next couple of years, depending on if Olle Danielsson (YP 08B) continues his healthy progression he made this year.

Victor Skoglund - Victor has been our goalkeeper from the very start of this challenge. Now 33 he has decided that it is time for him to try out new challenges. To be honest, I would have kept him around for another season, but I am trying to move him on and start my youth GK move. A very nice season from the old man to sign off with.

Miscellaneous

With the Niklas Wikstrom (YP 05A) transfer finally going through on January 1st, we had a cash surplus for the first time ever. Advantage of this was taken with immediate upgrades to Training facilities (Average -> Adequate) and Youth facilities (Below Average -> Average) begun and finished. I was also able to upgrade Youth Recruitment to average, which is a big long term upgrade.

Sadly this was all I could get taken care of, and come the end of the year we were still hit with a tax bill of around 1m due to our profit. Wikstrom himself had a terrible time of it at Chelsea. He made an immediate debut for them, but then suffered a string of injuries, including a 2 month layoff when injured on Sweden duty which netted me my 2.5m clause payout. So I only collected one of the possible 20 50k appearance fees. Therefore as soon as the tax hit was taken, I sold the rest of the potential 950k clause to Chelsea for ~750k. So I now have every penny I will get from his sale.

On the field I think we caught many by surprise in the first half of the season. Our counter attacking worked a treat and we would often see a lot less of the game than our opponents, but still grab points. The effectiveness of this seemed to diminish as the season wore on, we would still see less of the game, but now teams were play more cautiously against us and not exposing themselves to the counter as much.

This, and the predominance of more attacking midfielders than defensive midfielders saw me tweak our approach and we became more adventurous. Our previous set-up had 2 defensive minded and 1 attack minded midfielders in a midfield 3. This became 1 defensive and 2 attack minded and I deployed one of our forwards in a false nine role to try and link up the now oncoming midfield (look at us getting all fancy! lol). This brings several lightweight, attacking midfielders back into first team contention.

It appears we may be starting to head down the Niklas Wikstrom (YP 05A) path with Joakim Lagemyr (YP 06A)....

His value has rocketed this year with some good performances and the additional exposure of the Premier Division. He has attracted a lot of admirers from the Dutch leagues and the occasional French club. When Marseilles appeared interested he came to me and asked to be able to join them. I was again able to placate him as I did with Wikstrom initially, but on his Information screen he has a minor worry of wanting to join Marseilles because they are in a better quality league. Now there is something I cannot overcome myself (within several decades!). Thankfully he still has 3 years on his current deal, so any potential sell-before-I-lose him issues are still a fair way off, but they have begun looming.

Season 9 (2023) Targets

* Survive - Achieved!

Season 10 (2024) Goals

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (8th)

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (45)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (47)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (44)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+3)

bk_olympic_malm%C3%B6_thumb.png

BK Olympic - Season 9

Europa League Spot - Play off's

Swedish Cup - Groups (ongoing)

League Table(Champions)

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Key Players

All my Youth player now so no need for this

Youth Candidates

YP1

YP1B - Sold For £3.4 Mil

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4A

YP4C

YP5

YP5B

YP6

YP6A

YP6B

YP7

YP7A

YP7B

YP7C

YP8

YP8A

YP8B

YP8C

YP9/Report

YP9A/Report

YP9B/Report

YP9C/Report

U. Montemor FC Portugal 3rd tier

Champions!!

Summary:

At the start of the season I didn't know what to expect and thought that I had a good chance to be one of the eight teams out of ten in our group, to go into the relegation playoffs. My board demanded that we make the promotion playoffs, so with a small outfit I started with a little trepidation, that soon became excitement as we topped our group! This is the match results.

Surprised myself, I had to look forward to a group of eight teams in another promotional group, each of them topping their respective groups. Once again I had doubts, but didn't hold back, my 4-1-2-3 still my preferred tactic most games. Though earlier on the 3-5-2 just wasn't working with the players I had and made a 4-2-2-2 that won us some crucial games. So we were in group B, things were up and down right throughout, but we managed to Top the playoff group B with some good runs of form and beating Louletano each time. These are the match results.

But the season didn't end there, we had the Championship playoff, to see who won the blasted thing and get a trophy. We played our last game in group B quite badly, but having sealed the spot with a game in hand, the lads must have gone out on the sauce all week and didn't bother showing up. So not knowing what to expect again, I thought, lets go out with a bang and attack like we have done most season. It was over in the first 5 mins, we hit an early goal and Farense were shell shocked, I forgot to take a screenie, but we ended up winning 3-0, but we couldn't bury our chances as it was 26 shots to 4 which never really bothered us.

But in the end we got a new trophy , an extra half a star in reputation seeing us fly up that reputation ladder and we are in League 2 next year.

The Taca de Portugal Cup:

The board wanted us to get to the third round and we did, were we faced off against Premier League side FCP, they were in full control beating us 4-0. We were never close to being in the game, but it was played at their stadium and it certainly saved our finances. FCP went on to win the premiership, I think we gave them the confidence.

Extra Babblings:

I had never played in Portugal before, but the whole 3rd tier was very interesting and tense at times, we did have a little luck with injuries, rarely did we have more than one player injured at one time, it got to three a couple of times but they were all quite short term injuries. I signed a good physio though, replacing the 4* physio with a 16 and the other important stats were quite good as well.

I got junior coaching upgraded as a demand for a new contract, I have to wait for our winnings to come in to ask for anything else, even my coaching badges. My assistant has paid for himself twice during the season to go for badges, I win the first silverware for the club and get to twiddle my fingers :( waiting for permission like a good little boy.

The club did win the 'Most improved club in Portugal award', nice little bonus.

Top three Players: They may not have the highest ranking or stars, just my picks.

Edgar Mendes GK - rated 2 1/2 stars in CA & PA, but he made some amazing saves and never made a blunder costing a goal. He is the only GK in the side, so I better hope for one soon.

Bruno Fereira: MC - my box to box, scores goals, tackles and puts through some nice passes and through balls, he was essential

Celso Aguiar: AM (RL) - Ever present on the right wing, was barely injured and performed consistently high, with assists and goals.

Youth intake:

I wouldn't call it the greatest I have ever had, but there are a couple of guys.

Miguel (YP01A): 5* potential My assistant thinks he is the shiz, but he needs a lot of work and either his anticipation (for striker) or vision (for AM) needs to rise, he got a lot of games where he fell over a lot, but he had one assist and in one game got two goals. The bad thing is he has a balanced personality and is dismissive at the prospect of being tutored by my professional striker. next year another striker will be old enough to tutor him who is fairly ambitious, then hopefully he'll get along with the professional one and agree about that tutor.

Joao (YP01B): 3* potential This guy is just better than anyone I have used as a backup for my wingmen, he does have a professional personality though. He did not play a lot yet, but because he can play either side, I will give him a lot of games and see how he develops.

Yoann (YP01C): 5* potential This is who I think is the cream off the top, pretty good starting stats, he has a balanced personality, but is being tutored by a determined defender. He also has played a lot, usually playing alongside his tutor and did not disgrace himself, I think he has a bright future and his bio says he will hardly never get injured as a plus.

Finances: Are looking better, but if we didn't play FCP in the cup, we would be close to 200k behind the 8 ball which would eat into our winnings.

Transfers:

Liege%20logo_zpsfzz938o3.png

RFC Liege

20215/2016

Third Division A - 6th

League Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Prologue

So as a long time lurker in these challenges I finally decided to take part in one! Opted for the Belgian league and when the opportunity to take control over the sleeping giants of RFC Liege there was no turning back. The squad consisted of only 12 players, thereof 2 goalies and 4 players over 33 years of age. This is going to be interesting :/

Manager Profile

Club Facilities

Season:

Well it turned out to be a very good season. My expectations were really low given the lack in numbers....and quality within the squad. But we actually played som fantastic football and controlled most games. In the end, defensive work and poor finishing made us a bit short of promotion.

We started out really well and were challenging for top 4 finish in the first third of the season where we managed a 8 game unbeaten run. In the second third we hit a horrible slump mainly because of a few injuries...something the squad definitely couldn't cope with. However, with the help of the youth intakes we managed to pull ourselves together and actually won the final third of the season with a fantastic run in. This (in theory) earned us promotion playoff spot! For some reason we didn't play though...I will post about this in a separate post.

The cup run was a poor one, only managing a win in the 3rd round against a non-league outfit and losing out to a league rival in the 4th round.

Finances, as seen in the screenshot above are looking bleak. I did however managed to squeeze through a increase in the junior coaching budget. On the facilities front the only changes are found in the training facilities. They were downgraded at the end of the season :(

Key players:

Antonio Caramazza - My midfield wizard that apparently dislikes me and won't sign a new contract. Probably on the way out.

Marin Lacroix - Probably my best player. Contracted for one more year and doesn't want to sign a new contract, thinks the squad is too weak for his ambitions.

Richard Thiebaut - My only strike and thus a key player. He improved a lot during the season and ended up with 20 goals (and about 70 missed clear cut chances). He now has some competition as the youth intake provided me with a player who I think is a step ahead in terms of quality.

Youth intake

No more than a decent intake. I did however sign most of them as I need some numbers in the squad and I will tag all the players I sign. Expecting the following players to play a key role in the coming season:

Yacine Bonnet YP 01A - Flair AMC with brilliant passing skills. Is going to be a key player since Caramazza will leave the club. Got high hopes for this bloke!

Barbosa YP 01B - A Brazilian born central defender who is a welcome addition since one the first choice DC is leaving the club (won't resign).

Edouard Durand YP 01C - Right winger who will compete with an 34 year old rubbish Portuguese fella.

Bertrand Fournied YP 01E - Ended the season with 6 goals in 6 games. Going to be my first choice next season.

Season	      League	    Pos	     Cup	Europe	   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15	 Third Division A   6th	  4th round      n/a       Third period winners - playoff spot?

Misc: My reserve goalkeeper scored a brace after I mistakenly played him in the AMR position, securing an impressive away win in the process.

GOALS for next season:

-Push for top four finish

-improve defensively

-improve finances

So yeah. Does anyone know how this Belgian league works? I won the third period and apparently a playoff spot. I did however not participate in the playoffs.

There was some weird stuff as well. The quarter finals consisted of 6 teams and in the final the team that ended up in the 16th position in Division 2 played an unplayable team (from the 4th division). The team from the 4th division won and both teams ended up in my league!!

This must be some sort of bug, right?

burtur - that is really strange. I haven't participated in playoffs as I have won the league, so haven't experienced them due to direct promotion. Nice season there though :) What pleases me is that "my" team finished above yours :D

ajt - thnx mate :D

AS_Vitre.jpg

A new Era has dawned!

3rd Season update!

I haven't played the actual game much since last weekend due to work and downloading graphics, new skin and created my own kits just to jazz the game up a bit.... Thanks ajt!

Having just finished the half way point of 19 games I thought I would start a post.

Summary

Things are going really well! 3rd in the league and currently looking strong!

League

First 3 games were great. I flew out the box! I couldn't keep it up though. Only 1 win in the next 6 games. I picked up again but not much consistency. Then I decided to concentrate on defensive training. 4 Clean sheets in 5 games and a decent couple of games afterwards and i'm in 3rd!! I just drew 2-2 against 1st place after conceding in the last min.

Cup

Knocked out straight away from the Coupe de la Liga by the same team that knocked me out of the french cup last season:(

In round 9 in French cup after playing poor sides.

Board

I don't think Ive been rejected yet for any requests. As a result I am yet again upgrading facilities 750k and youth 650k. I have also upgraded youth development and coaching.

My Profile

I have now gained a national A licence, training for continental c licence. My 100th game was a terrible 0-2 loss.

burtur - that is really strange. I haven't participated in playoffs as I have won the league, so haven't experienced them due to direct promotion. Nice season there though :) What pleases me is that "my" team finished above yours :D

Yeah, they are immense. Racking in around 7500 spectators per game...thats ca. 6000 more than the next team.

pauladams84 - :applause::lol:

Belgium has offered me the national job. I would like to, can't sadly :/

Btw. in my save in 2022 Belgium were in the WC Final, losing to Spain on penalties (attended the match in-game :D )

edit: as you can also see in screenshot, I also won the Super Cup, meaning we now possess all possible Belgian Trophies:

3rd Division, 2nd League, 1st League, Cup and Super Cup :)

Continental...someday maybe :D

usivry_zps999d9afc.png

Union Sportive Ivry Football

2022/2023

Ligue 1 - 12th

Transfers | Finances | Squad | Past positions | Table

Season:

League - Comfy survival

So we stepped into the big league and it was suprisingly very easy at the start. We were getting points everywhere, teams underestimating us so we were up 2-0 by the halftime often. In the second part of the season the slip of form and more cautious and professional approach from our oponents were evident and we could have finished maybe 6th if we won more than 1 from the last 13.

French cup - 1/4 final

Disappointing run. After we beat Bordeaux on penalties we drew AS Nancy-Lorraine from League 2. Big errors in defense and we lost 1-3. Was thinking this was the year to go beyond 1/4 final since we didn't drew anyone from the big two.

YOUTH INTAKE

Again great depth.

Allan Fuchs YP23a - DC - going straight into the first team. Will be used as cover.

Daniel Colombi YP23b - ST - this guy will have to improve but since i am still thin in the ST department he will get the chance.

Nicolas Galim YP23c - MR - good start atts for a winger. Needs some time.

Alassane Karamoko YP23d - AMC - good physical atts. If he improves a little he can play as cover next year.

Marco Gargiulo YP23e - DC - another defender. This one needs more time in the u19s.

season	year	league		pos	GF	GA	GD	cup		europe		achievement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.	15/16	National	18th	45	56	-11	10th		N/A		relegated
2.	16/17	CFA-A           1st	51	23	+28	11th		N/A		promoted
3.	17/18	National        6th	59	48	+11	1/4f		N/A		N/A
4.	18/19	National        5th	60	50	+10	9th		N/A		N/A
5.	19/20	National        1st	64	27	+37	1/4f		N/A		promoted, MotY
6.	20/21	Ligue 2         7th	62	63	-1	1/4f		N/A		N/A
7.	21/22	Ligue 2         3rd	66	50	+16	9th		N/A		promoted
8.	22/23	Ligue 1         12th	47	54	-7	1/4f		N/A		N/A

Misc:

- Stadium expansion started (+6000). We will be playing on another stadium in the meantime (it has 25000 capacity :)).

- Continuous upgrades. Every time there is a possible upgrade i ask for it.

- Fired my HOYD. I had great intakes in terms of depth but never anyone special. Might be a risk but i think i can do a couple of years of less depth.

- We were voted best club in Ligue 2.

GOALS from previous season:

-survive - success, quite easily.

GOALS for next season:

-play better after winter break.

-better cup runs. Go beyond 1/4 final.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 10 Review (2024)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

Premier Division 2024: 8th (Fixtures)

Swedish Cup - 2023-24: knocked out in the group stages

Swedish Cup - 2024-25: progressed to group stages next season

Season Review

At first glance this season may look like at worst stagnation or maybe even a slight step back, but it actually felt a lot better than last season (our first in the Premier Division). We were killed at the start of the season by fixture congestion and took a long time to recover. After 8 years of barely playing any midweek games, this year hammered us (last year did not feel as bad, I believe it was because of the extra mid season break due to the European Championships). We do not currently have the depth to handle the rigors of 5 midweek games in 8 weeks. As a result we spent the majority of the first half of the season in the 8th-11th place range. The second half of the season was much better (eventuall), with improved fixtures and tweaks to our approach. We started back with 5 draws and 1 loss from 6 games, but then strung together 5 wins and a draw in the next 6. The end to the season was a disappointment with us winning only 1 of the last 6, but we were safe by then and occassionally giving a new youth a chance.

We again progressed to the group stages of the Swedish Cup and this time (for the first time) we are the biggest team in our group. Hoping to get a strong start to next season and progress out of the group stages for the first time.

Youth Intake

I took a risk last year and changed my HOYD. The previous guy had been with us since day 1 and had provided a lot of great players along the way, but the nagging thought of the grass being greener was always there (he has better stats). His first intake was decent, if unspectacular. Going to give him at least his full 3 years of his contract to probe me right or wrong.

Rikard Johnsson (YP 10A) - Great potential, but needs some work. My midfield three are split out into a ball winner, a playmaker and a 'bomber' (gets forward at will to try and score). Rikard lacks the finishing for bombing, vision for playmaker and pure tackling for ball winner. That said, his starting 6 for tackling is better than 99% of the other midfielders I get, so starting to think I should concentrate my training here....

Oskari Rintanen (YP 10B) - An interesting player, who I am going to try and retrain at a link up forward a la Kevin Gustavsson (YP 09A) from last year. Has nice consistency and big match report readings, but it noted as being fairly susceptible to injuries

Jonas Jensen (YP 10C) - There are 3 constants in this world. Death, taxes and Vastra Frolunda getting a high potential central defender.... Jonas is tall, determined and behind 3 excellent central defenders. He will receive time in the youth team to develop, with occassional first team substitute appearances. Will perhaps check into possibilities of retraining 1 of the 4 into a ball winning midfielder

Andreas Viklund (YP 10D) - Another lightweight attacking midfielder. Sweden must be full of them! Good potential, will get plenty of youth football to develop

Lars Fredricksson (YP 10E) - Another great looking youth goalkeeper. Will cause me to try and loan out the other youth GKs and make sure Lars gets as much youth football as possible here.

Daniel Stanislawski (YP 10F) - Another central defender, but not with the pedigree of others. Retraining as a ball winning midfielder, as this will be his best shot at getting first team action in the future

Erik Lindmark (YP 10G) - When I saw a DL and ML, I had high hopes for an attacking full back, but alas no. Poor tackling and crossing (among other stats) will probably hold him back from ever making it

"Frolunda Five" - 2023 Edition

Joakim Lagemyr (YP 06A) - Easily our star man this season. He actually played more games at DR (18) than his natural DC (11), due to the need to rotate constantly. His coach report stats him as a 'star player for most Premier Division sides' and also that he can improve significantly in the future.... Had a lot of interest in him early in the season, but his 25m price tag I have slapped on him has scred everyone off of his interested list, for now at least.

Simon Jones (YP 09B) - Excellent first full season for Simon. I had him tied to a full time contract from the get-go, but had to wait until his 17th birthday for it to kick in (and be able to give him an inflated). Before then I had interest in him from all the big English clubs! At the latter end of the season he has becomed dubbed as the next Phil Jones! Our other highly touted English youth from last year failed to impress at all, so very happy Simon is panning out.

Olle Danielsson (YP 08B) - Olle has made fantasic gains in his composure since entering the club, going from an initial 4 to his current 13! 18 goals this season is great reward for his progression, although he is absolutely inconsistent as his coach reports indicate. He will play fantastic and score one week, and then completely disappear the next. Not great from your most natural goalscorer at the club!

Jorgen Lindmark (YP 07A) - Our 3rd natural central defender on the Frolunda Five this year, and is highlights our area of strength. Jorgen never makes headlines, but is a solid piece of the jigsaw.

Gustav Kristoffersson (YP 08A) - Gustav took over the goalkeeping duties for the club after Skogfeld left. This was delayed slightly after he developed knee tendonitis at the very end of last season, putting him out of action for 5 months. This caused him to miss the first month or so of the season, but he soon regained fitness and made the gloves his own. There is still a lot of youth GK potential at the club, so he will always have competition.

Miscellaneous

Another solid season and it now feels like we are a solid fixture in the Premier Division.

After being flush with money, we are now in the red again (facility upgrades completed early in the season, and now running at a monthly deficit), with wages continuing to rise. It still feels like we are several seasons away from European football, which feels like the only permanent solution to the finance problem. This also got a little tougher with Sweden falling in the coefficients and losing a Champions League position.

Obviously I want to challenge for the title as soon as possible, but another couple of solid, progressive seasons would be wonderful.

Very annoying side note, I got excited when I saw than Joakim Wikstrom (YP 05A) signed a new big money deal at Chelsea and then later in the season had admirers. I went to check his contract details and noticed that apparently the clause was for 50% of the profit of the next transfer, and not just 50% of the transfer! Dammit. 100% my fault as well, which is the worst part.

We got a new feeder club to help improve scouting, in Iceland....

Season 10 (2024) Targets

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (8th) - Achieved

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (45) - Failed

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (47) - Failed

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (44) - Achieved

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+3) - Failed

Season 11 (2025) Goals

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (8th)

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (39)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (44)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (44)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+0)

The Journey So Far...

Season 01 - 2015 - Second Division (West Gotaland) (1st - Champions)

Season 02 - 2016 - First Division South (10th)

Season 03 - 2017 - First Division South (2nd - Playoff Winners)

Season 04 - 2018 - First Division Elite (13th - relegation playoff winners)

Season 05 - 2019 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 06 - 2020 - First Division Elite (11th)

Season 07 - 2021 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 08 - 2022 - First Division Elite (1st - Champions)

Season 09 - 2023 - Premier Division (8th)

Five five star players is only decent ... first world problems. :)

Ha, fair point. My intakes this year have been far better than the equivalent last year (although it feels progress is a little slower - as it should be tbh).

Haven't really been enjoying the Germany game that much, and with it probably going to be many years before I even have a chance at breaking even financially, going to put that game on the back burner for a bit.

As such, back in England to continue my career as a renowned and cantankerous attorney.

Matlock_Town_FC_logo_zpsf7t7ig6f.png~original

Or maybe as the manager as Matlock Town, it's so easy to get those Matlocks confused.

Manager Stats[/url]

Club History

Club Facilities

Looking at the Squad, it's quite decently sized, with decent selections possible all over the pitch, and only a few players aged 30+ it's definitely something I can work with. There is 3 keepers too, just had to remove them from the selection in order to get the outfielders on.

Squad

Oh lordy.

So, the current 'fun' streak I am enjoying (enduring).....

Game - First choice DR injured (escaped no lasting injury) and first choice DC injured (4 weeks)

Next day - Third choice DC injured in training (8-10 months)

Next game - Second choice DC sent off, fourth choice DC sent off, finished game with 8 men (injury after 3 subs as well), first choice FC one of those injuries (6-7 weeks)

Next game - Fifth choice DC sent off, second choice FC injured (1-2 weeks)

:mad: :confused: :eek:

Oh lordy.

Game - First choice DR injured (escaped no lasting injury) and first choice DC injured (4 weeks)

Next game - Second choice DC sent off, fourth choice DC sent off, finished game with 8 men (injury after 3 subs as well), first choice FC one of those injuries (6-7 weeks)

That is some tough luck right there...jeez

Sölvesborgs Season 13 2027-2028

Swedish Premier Division

sölvesborgs_gif.gif

[League][Fixtures][squad Stats][Transfers][Finances]

Season Review – 3rd place

We made a positive start to our second season in the top flight, a single defeat to all conquering Malmo in the first 9 games gave us a really good foundation. A massive blip was the defeat to fourth division opposition in the cup, which was unacceptable. A couple of games in the league without a win and a saw a familiar pattern happening. Luckily my team are not as pessimistic as me and managed to pull out of this bad form. 5 wins in a row, put us only 3 points from first place.

Malmo had 3 games in hand but were bad form and failed to capitalise on their strong position. We led twice in a thrilling 4-4 draw with Malmo, which looking back would have swung the advantage firmly towards us. Unfortunately for us we couldn’t bridge the gap to Malmo, but our good form was enough to secure 3rd place and entry into the EURO cup 2nd qualifying stage.

Jonas Norell was again key in our success, scoring 16 and assisting 10, he has also consistently led the league in key passes made.

Youth Intake

A frustrating intake as all the prospects are centre backs who need some work. To make in more annoying Frazen cannot be tutored as he is already better than all the potential tutors.

Martin Franzen (YP13a) Great starting attributes. He will make a fine left back, I just hope he has a good attitude towards training and develops well.

Rickard Larsson(YP13b) A little small, but plenty to work with. He has some serious competition but I will give him a chance as his potential is very good. (screenshot from year later oops)

Top Players

I change this section each time! I just wanted to highlighted the début seasons of my newest talent.

Kalle Olsson (YP12a) A really good first season, he creates a lot of chances. Not great a finishing them yet but that isn’t his biggest responsibility. One annoyance with him is his lack of development. Considering his potential, he has shown no real improvement. I understand some of the reason for this but as he gets so much first team experience I would expect more. At one point around 20 teams were interested in him, however a long term contract seemed to deter them. (Apps 26, Goals 10 assists 15)

Kristian josefsson(YP12b) A really good first season, didn't miss many games and show good development. He is first choice by a mile now and keeps getting better (Apps 25)

Summary

Another season without any money and no facility upgrades, but a giant forward step on the picth. One frustrating constant for every season is our media predicted finish, always last, always crazy long odds? Not sure whether that’s normal.

With making it to Europe I now have the opportunity to make some money. My stadium isn’t big enough to host our home games in Europe so we will also have a boost to attendance by using someone else’s.

I don’t expect much going and trying to rotate players due to increased fixtures will be a challenge as in Sweden it isn’t a problem until you reach the top.

Liege%20logo_zpsfzz938o3.png

RFC Liege

2016/2017

Third Division A - 13th

League Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Season:

It was a season of win one, draw one, lose one. Positional graph. With a bit of luck we could maybe have ended up with a mid-table finish. I have to be hones, I thought we would do better, but I am already really reliant on my youth players and although they got some decent potential for this league they are lacking quality. Our biggest problem was seeing out games, just like last year we are playing decent football but just not converting them into enough wins. I am expecting next season to be a real struggle as well but hopefully we can push for promotion in 2019.

The cup run was a repeat of last years cup run. Only managing a win in the 3rd round against a non-league outfit and losing out to a league rival in the 4th round.

Finances, as seen in the screenshot above are better than last year (It is the "last season" that counts). It must be noted that a loan of 220k was taken by the chairman so we lost 224k...which is still a good improvement from last years 290k.

Like last season I managed to get an upgrade on the junior coaching which is bound to help :)

Key players:

Lars Knipping - My goalie for the past two seasons. Really good player and at a great age too but on his way out. Thinks the squad is too weak for his ambitions.

Marin Lacroix - Still my best player...but also on his way out and for the same reasons as Knipping. *sigh*

Yacine Bonnet - Yes it's last seasons best youth prospect. He has improved immensely during the season and shows no signs of stopping! He has now got 4 stars in his current ability and my ass.man rates him as a potentially Good Pro League Midfielder. Not bad at all. Might just be my ticket out of this league.

Youth intake

Although I'm not ecstatic over this years intake I am happy enough. A goalie, defensive midfielder and some attacking options is what we need. Signed everyone except the bottom three. Here are my top five.

Roman Santiago YP 02B - A full back with good physical and defending skills. His crossing is rubbish, but that is a secondary stat that we can improve gradually. Will probably be my starting RB next season.

Bryan Foulon YP 02F - Defensive mid who is going to replace a retiring legend. My personal pick of the bunch. Already played some games and is looking good. Definate starter next season.

Adam Boyer YP 02G - Well...he is a goalie and I despirately need one. Going to compete with a goalie from last season youth intake for the number one jersey. God help us all!

Georges Leroux YP 02D - AMC who will be a backup for my golden boy, Bonnet. Good mental and physical skills.

Sebastian Mazars YP 02E - Another mid who will provide a much needed depth in the midfield positions.

Season	      League	    Pos	     Cup	Europe	   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	 Third Division A   6th	  4th round      n/a       Third period winners - playoff spot?
2016/17  Third Division A  13th   4th round      n/a       Nothing of note

Misc:

Former player Antonio Caramazza joined the coaching staff. Nice fitness coach.

In other news I survived a board takeover. No sugardaddy though :(

GOALS for this season:

-Push for top four finish - A hopeless fail!

-improve defensively - Conceded two less goals than last season. It's something! We'll put this down as a minor success :cool:

-improve finances - A loss of 224k is 23% lower than last year. Great success I would say.

GOALS for next season:

-Mid-table finish.

-score more goals

-improve finances

Oh lordy.

The start of my season was riddled with injury as well, no less than 8 players were injured at the start of the season!

Good luck :)

I have just realised something that should be quite obvious. When training (I like to do 3 month brackets of individual focus), the team focus can compliment your individual focus. So for example I do team training in fitness (3 months), tactics (3 months), ball controll (3 months) and the last couple of months cohesion. I will train individual focus to the corresponding months, those that complement the team training; for example the first bracket of 3 months I would focus on Quickness, the next maybe positioning, the next heading, the final being general and whatever I think needs focus, more than not composure.

I have only just realised this half way through my season, but I see the improvement arrow go straight up, instead of diagonal.

I may be an idiot and this is general knowledge, just thought I might put it out there. I am learning more doing this challenge than ever before, brilliant.

Archived