FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

How did you lot find Walcott on the game I'm really considering letting him leave on a free I'm in my second season and he's a squad player mainly due to Chamberlains quality form and the fact that Alexis, Ozil and Chamberlain are all ahead of him in the wide positions

He did very well for me. I play to his strength, as you'd expect from him in real life. I haven't found much luck for him as a winger, because he lacks the flair to create much. I play with one striker so he's no use up top alone.

However, he's been shortlisted for the World Player of the Year twice when he's played as someone who isn't very involved with the buildup, but uses his pace to get into dangerous positions where he can score goals and provide assists. He's been putting up double figure goals and assists for me every year. When he gets in behind the defense, he can score with his right foot, puts in a cross, or make a cut back pass. He's useful until he loses his pace because I was not able to retrain him into a different role.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concentrate on the African countries that are producing the most talents. Nigeria and Ivory Coast in West Africa, Algeria and Egypt in North Africa. In Asia, Japan. But it will eventually be down to your database setup. To be able to get a decent production of talent in any continent, you should use the advanced option when you set up your database, and populate at least top clubs, top leagues etc. with players.

He did very well for me. I play to his strength, as you'd expect from him in real life. I haven't found much luck for him as a winger, because he lacks the flair to create much. I play with one striker so he's no use up top alone.

However, he's been shortlisted for the World Player of the Year twice when he's played as someone who isn't very involved with the buildup, but uses his pace to get into dangerous positions where he can score goals and provide assists. He's been putting up double figure goals and assists for me every year. When he gets in behind the defense, he can score with his right foot, puts in a cross, or make a cut back pass. He's useful until he loses his pace because I was not able to retrain him into a different role.

What did you play him as Raumdeuter

FM15 Season 2 – March

Premier League

ARSENAL 7

Podolski 15 29 Ramsey 24 Ozil 38 48 Chamberlain 45 Wilshere 90

NOTTINGHAM FORREST 2

Mancienne 50 Rhodes 58

Earlier in the season we beat Forrest 7-1 at their ground. They fared better this time but were hit for seven again. Back in favour Podolski getting us off and running. He became the 7th player to hit 10 goals for us this season Ramsey however isn’t one of them and netted his second. In FM14 we played Forrest and home in our yellow kit. Nice to see that has been corrected in this version.

FA Cup Quarter-Final

MAN UNITED 1

Henriquez 90

ARSENAL 1

Podolski 63

Last time we played United we were struck by the curse of the ridiculous keeper. This time it was the last gasp equaliser. Don’t really need the extra game.

Premier League

SWANSEA 1

Bony 44

ARSENAL 3

Podolski 47 73 Walcott 90

The first half was tight with Swansea going infront after poor play from Balanta. Podolski rocketed a 30-yard free kick to level before spinning to place one into the corner to give us the lead. From there we were as comfortable as a bag of cushions (no idea) but Walcott got his 24th of the season with a rare header in injury time. We also welcomed back Kieron Gibbs after three long months out injured. 101 league goals for the season now.

Champions League 2nd round 2nd Leg

ARSENAL 5

Matic o.g 4 Sanchez 20 Walcott 36 Ozil 39 77

SPORTING LISBON 3

Carrillo 54 Rubio 68 90

We made it comfortably into the Quarters of the Champions League. Gibbs started and we led 4-0 at half-time through an own goal by Matic Walcott Sanchez and Ozil. Sporting then decided they would come and play and managed to score three times in the second half. The champions League quarters drew us against Manchester United.

Premier League

ARSENAL 1

Walcott 1

STOKE CITY 0

In a season where we have scored bucketful’s of goals I actually quite enjoy the 1-0 wins. Obviously we should’ve won by many more but hey ho.

Champions League Quarter-Final 1st leg

MANCHESTER UNITED 1

Mata 39

ARSENAL 1

Walcott 26 Koscielny s/o 46

We lost Sanchez to a fractured wrist before the game which didn’t help. I set out to counter attack so brought in the pace of Welbeck and Bernard for the unlucky Chamberlain and Podolski. Walcott gave us the lead and a crucial away goal before the players went completely against my instructions allowing United to counter attack and level. At the start of the second half Koscielny was sent off for an awful tackle and we needed Szczesny to be on top top form (9.3) to get out of Manchester still alive in the tie.

League Table

Play Chelsea and United next in the league. City and Liverpool are still 6th and 7th and will hope to catch Spurs.

1. Arsenal Played 32 Points 81

2. Man United Played 31 Points 67

3. Chelsea Played 31 Points 67

4. Southampton Played 31 Points 61

5. Tottenham Played 32 Points 59

Other News

FA Cup Semi-Final draw – Liverpool vs Manchester United/Arsenal

A rejuvenated Calum Chambers won young player. Rooney won player of the month. Podolski third and Van Gaal won manager of the month. I settled for second.

The Regens came in. Didn’t snap up too many and have a couple of highly rated youngsters promoted.

We set up a partnership with Bournemouth

We also upgraded the Youth Facilities and Recruitment

April fixtures

United three times in a row. At least two of them are at home and one is practically irrelevant. Chelsea and Everton are also not gimmies while there hopefully will be additional games thrown in too.

2nd - PL – Chelsea (H)

6th - CL – Man Utd (H)

9th - PL – Man Utd (A)

13th - FA – Man Utd (H)

20th - PL - Everton (A)

23rd - PL – Aston Villa (H)

30th - PL – Southampton (H)

Lads,

Are any of you using / have any of you found an Arsenal-specific Facepack? I can't seem to locate one, to add in many of the missing youngsters (I'm using the DF11 generic faces otherwise). Every single Newcastle Utd teen is included for example, yet so many of Arsenal's are missing.

Anyone developed Akpom at all? How does he turn out?

Undecided whether to develop him myself for a year or two and keep him, or develop him for a bit and move him in on and bring in a different young striker (Jovic or Zivkovic)

He has 2* CA and 5* PA currently, being tutored and will loan him to a feeder in January, but has decent physicals and 14 finishing at the start (July).

I like him irl and being English and coming through Arsenal's system makes me want to try develop him, just will he be good enough?

Thoughts?

EDIT: Changed my mind - probably will persist with Akpom unless advised not to. I'm giving the likes of Bellerin, Chambers, Coquelin etc all regular football, may as well try develop Akpom.

Also - gone back to Arsenal, I can't get into a save as a Premier League team as anyone else, too loyal ;) Have disabled first window transfer budgets though, kept the same staff, just filled in any spaces with previously unemployed staff members, all coaches now have 4.5* across all categories. Will probably replace Bould, u21 Manager, u18 Manager and Jonker come summer though.

Will look to replace Ospina, Monreal, Flamini, Arteta and Giroud come summer, and ship out Rosicky and Diaby in January as I only play 3 in midfield and there's just so many numbers there.

Still in pre-season, got the Community Shield vs City and then first league game, Spurs away :rolleyes:

How did you lot find Walcott on the game I'm really considering letting him leave on a free I'm in my second season and he's a squad player mainly due to Chamberlains quality form and the fact that Alexis, Ozil and Chamberlain are all ahead of him in the wide positions

I prefer Walcott over Ozil (Starting AMC) in AMR but Ox (Backup AMR) and Sanchez (Starting AMR) both ahead of him in that position so he doesn't even get a place on the bench for me.

Behind Aboubakar (Starting ST) and Welbeck (Backup ST) too

Might shift him in January 2016

I need some help. If i play 4-3-3 (4 backline' date=' 1 dm, 2 cm, 2 wingers and 1 lone striker). In which position to play Ozil to be efective? :)[/quote']

I would say AMR or AML as a AP/attack, with added roaming. His defensive skills are a bit soft for a CM role. He could perhaps - with a little re-training - also be a TQ in the striker spot.

I need some help. If i play 4-3-3 (4 backline' date=' 1 dm, 2 cm, 2 wingers and 1 lone striker). In which position to play Ozil to be efective? :)[/quote']

He's usually been best for me as an AMC, like thomit said, he's too defensively weak to play CM really, so in your set up I'd play him on the right, to cut inside, presuming Alexis is on the left for you? If not, then Ozil on the left and Alexis on the right, generally found Alexis plays better on the left though cutting in.

What formation does everyone play ? Im really struggling, Especially away from home.

But to be fair i do not look convincing at home either.

Im going to start again tonight, But need some guidance !

I dont want to sign anyone in first window, I like the team as it is.

I'd cash in on him and strengthen other areas of the squad.

What formation does everyone play ? Im really struggling, Especially away from home.

But to be fair i do not look convincing at home either.

Im going to start again tonight, But need some guidance !

I dont want to sign anyone in first window, I like the team as it is.

Currently: 4231 wide.

Just started new save (default database), reached January 1.st 2014, doing well, 2nd in the PL, 5 points behind leaders Chelsea, 3 points ahead of no3, Man U. and no4 Stoke(!).

Control, Fluid. Shorter passing, work ball, whipped crosses, roam, close down more, lower tempo.

GK/defend (PI: distribute to full backs)

WBr/support - CD/defend - CD/defend - WBl/support

CM/support - DLP/defend

IFr/attack (PI: Roam + sit narrower) - TQ - IFl/support

AF (PI: Hold up ball) or DLF/attack

The rest is just set piece instructons, no further PI's than those already mentioned.

I did start with money to buy in the first window, in order to be able to sign 2 much needed additional central defenders.

Just lost Debuchy for 6 months with a broken leg following "a robust challenge" in training, crocked by one of my own players, brilliant :(

Chambers will probably be my 1st choice RB until he's back then, with him also backup for CB, with Bellerin backup RB, not particularly worried, although still no competitive games played so not sure how bad this might effect the team.

I had the exact same problem I often played him on the wing, produced some class games there I sometimes play him as one of the two in cm as an advanced playmaker but not often

What did you play him as Raumdeuter

No, just an aggressive but limited attacking wide midfielder in a 4-1-4-1.

I've stayed true to the Invincible roots. Most of my play goes down the left flank because that's where I put my playmakers and wingback.

It can create some beautiful goals such as this one:

That game last night (!!!!!) distracted me from playing, so I'll be back on it later.

Currently have Ozil, Santi and Alexis out injured :( Alexis back in a week though, Ozil and Santi about a month.

Lost to Spurs first game, they had 5 shots to my 32, annoyed is an understatement. Beat Lille 2-1 at home in Champions League qualifier, with 2 goals in injury time, not happy with that either, before destroying Leicester, but only winning 2-0.

Hoping for a step up within a month, can't keep dragging through games like this all year, benefit of the doubt though as new save, new season, new tactic etc.

As long as I get top 4 and not too far off the winners in the first year I'll be happy, will start to re-build my squad from there.

It'll take your squad a couple of months to get used to your way of playing. Same happened with me and I finished the season 3rd, lost in final of FA and CL and won the CC.

In the second season now and currently sitting top of the league on GD with 2 games in hand, won my CL group and in all domestic cups still.

Lads,

Are any of you using / have any of you found an Arsenal-specific Facepack? I can't seem to locate one, to add in many of the missing youngsters (I'm using the DF11 generic faces otherwise). Every single Newcastle Utd teen is included for example, yet so many of Arsenal's are missing.

Hello mate, I use the Megapack from SortItOutSI & with the recent update I don't think any Arsenal players are missing now.

I'm having a great time playing a 4-4-2 on the latest patch, it's a modified version of Rosler's AP formation & so far P 16 W 13 D 0 L 3.

Özil as a ML - Wide Mid/Attack is brilliant. I nearly sold him at the beginning. Also signed Max Kruse from Gladbach (min £9mil release) & he's keeping Giroud out at the moment - 8 goals in 10 so far.

FM15 Season 2 – April

Premier League

ARSENAL 2

Podolski 7 Walcott 82

CHELSEA 2

Hazard 47(pen) Cuadrado 90

With a big lead at the top of the table and the Champions league game in a few days I could afford to rest a few players. Chelsea started the game with the intention of getting a draw and I was happy to lay into their hands. Podolski giving us the lead made them attack and the got back on level terms through a penalty. Walcott seemed to have snatched the winner but szczesny parried a shot and Cuadrado made no mistake. A point gained.

Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

ARSENAL 4

Ozil 27 Walcott 28 Podolski 57 74

MANCHESTER UNITED 1

Falcao 24 Rafael s/o 10

The first of the triple header against United and probably the most important of the three. I was tempted to include Cazorla in the squad who was at 90% after 4 months out but thought better of it. Ozil when through on goal was hauled down by Rafael early on who was sent off and I was set for an easy evening until Uniteds only shot of the first half saw Falcao somehow squeeze the ball past Szczesny. At that stage we were out but four minutes later we were ahead. In the second half Podolski added a brace. De Gea conceded 4 goals but still scored an 8.5 rating.

Champions league semi-final draw – Bayern Munich vs Arsenal / Real Madrid vs Chelsea

Premier League

MANCHESTER UNITED 1

Rooney 17

ARSENAL 2

Welbeck 1 Ozil 23pen

Our previous two visits to Old Trafford this season had seen United rack up a combined total of 72 shots. In those matches I had played very defensive tactics. This time I played our natural game and it paid off. Welbeck who was outstanding in the champions League game gave us the lead after just 40 seconds. We controlled the first half after both sides had swapped goals. United played better in the second half but never looked like getting the equaliser. Cazorla made his return after 4 and a half months.

FA Cup Quarter-Final replay

ARSENAL 5

Ozil 24 29 45pen Podolski 64pen 82pen

MANCHESTER UNITED 1

Falcao 29

We made it three out of three and eased into the FA Cup semi-final with another win over United. Although we required three penalties to win, it was still comfortable. Ozil notching up his 35th of the season and then watching on as Podolski took up penalty duties. He too should’ve had a hattrick as United barely threatened and it could’ve been more.

FA Cup Semi-Final

ARSENAL 3

Chamberlain 13 89 Allen o.g 47

LIVERPOOL 2

Rondon 62 69

There was no rest for the wicked as three days later we were playing an Fa Cup semi-final. I ignored the fact the Bayern game was a further few days on and played a full strength team. Chamberlain gave us the lead and from there we totally controlled the first half. Early in the second a Ramsey shot deflected in off Joe Allen to give us a 2-0 lead. However as we went into our shell (My fault) Liverpool grew in confidence and pulled it back. With 20 minutes to go and really not wanting extra time I went direct bringing on Welbeck and Chamberlain bagged his second. We will meet Everton in the final.

Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg

BAYERN MUNICH 1

Schweinsteiger 9

ARSENAL 0

The big games kept coming. I wasn’t really bothered by the fact we lost or the performance the most important thing was to still be in the tie. That we achieved.

Premier League

ARSENAL 2

Walcott 25 Munir 38

ASTON VILLA 0

A routine win to secure the league title. I rested a few players and Munir featured in his first game for seven weeks. Cazorla started his first match since his return. Villa managed a paltry single shot in the entire game. We totalled 31.

Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg

ARSENAL 1

Chamberlain 5

BAYERN MUNICH 0

Arsenal win 5-3 on penalties

A similar type of game from the first leg with the home side getting the early goal and controlling from there on in. Other than a Welbeck header that hit the post straight after we didn’t really look like getting a second. Bayern had Lewandowski clean through but he put it just wide. Guardialoa left Ribery, Gotze and Robben on the bench. I meanwhile risked Khedira who was one yellow card from missing the final. Balanta also on a yellow I didn’t take the risk and he was an unused sub. An injury to Walcott would rule him out for three weeks. Putting his place in the Fa Cup final in jeopardy. Isco scored a last gasp winner to knock chelsea out and play us in the final.

Ozil Bernard Ramsey Podolski Wilshere

Muller Alaba Scweinsteiger Lewandowksi

Premier League

ARSENAL 1

Mertesacker 10

SOUTHAMPTON 1

Pelle 73

Arsenal - 25 shots 15 on target, Southampton 3 shots 1 on target. Arsenal 58% possession. Twice now Southampton have thwarted us.

League Table

The top 4 are all but confirmed.

1. Arsenal Played 36 Points 89

2. Man United Played 37 Points 82

3. Chelsea Played 37 Points 80

4. Tottenham Played 37 Points 72

5. Southampton Played 37 Points 69

Other News

Champions League Final – Real Madrid vs Arsenal

FA Cup Final – Arsenal vs Everton

Sturrdige won player of the month with 9 goals in 5 games. Januzaj won young player while manager went to Pochettino.

Newcastle were sadly relegated. Two from Stoke, Hull and Wigan will join them. Huddersfield and Burnley are promoted with Derby Reading Sunderland and Bournemouth in the play offs.

May fixtures

The postponed league game at Everton before we play them in the cup final. Ending the season at Spurs will be odd.

4th - PL - Everton (A)

8th – PL – Tottenham (A)

14th FA Final – Everton (N, Wembley)

21st – CL Final - Real Madrid (N, San Siro)

2019/2020.

The perfect league season is one of my goals every FM, but I've never had an actual perfect season though (win every competitive game.) I didn't even win every title in this season. Lost Carling Cup to Chelsea. Yet to play the Fa and UCL finals.

2019/2020.

The perfect league season is one of my goals every FM, but I've never had an actual perfect season though (win every competitive game.) I didn't even win every title in this season. Lost Carling Cup to Chelsea. Yet to play the Fa and UCL finals.

In Cm01/02 I was in about my 6th season with barcelona and captain Gerard, Ronaldinho and Saviola had spearheaded my side to 37 out of 37 League wins. Both scored plenty of goals although i dont have the stats now to know how many. Anyway, to complete a perfect season all we had to do was beat relegated Malaga at the Nou Camp. Somehow we lost 3-5. At home!!!

Never got close with Arsenal. Gone unbeaten and maybe won 34 or 35 but not perfect. I'll do it one day.

2019/2020.

its capital one cup and has been for 5 years not sure what rock u live under

I actually checked myself when I typed that. Wasn't sure what it is actually called. I was going to call it the League Cup, since that's what people in my country calls it.

Anyway, it's easy to dominate as Arsenal because in the long run, you have a sort of Iniesta/Xavi combo in Wilshere/Ramsey serving as the core of your team. Sometimes I feel they might be a bit overrated in FM. Find a strong but also creative DM, and you got yourself a Busquets as well. Then the next 6-7 years you'll easily have one of the best, if not the best central midfield in the game.

2019/2020.

That's amazing! I'm 16w 3d 0l in 15/16 season with Arsenal. I've never gone a season unbeaten so I'll be over the moon with that.

APRIL 2015 REVIEW

Short recap once again in an attempt to catch back up with myself.

Fixtures

(Comments where relevant and memory serves)

04/04/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle - Walcott (18), Flamini (48), Giroud (50)

11/04/15 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 3 - 1 Everton - Podolski (25), Giroud (34), Campbell (65)

14/04/15 – Champions League Qtr Final Leg 1 (A)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Man City - Oxlade-Chamberlain (9), Cazorla (60)

Really love having the away leg first. Seem to be able to get the boys up for it and I think my tactical setup is very solid in defense but allows good opportunity to snatch goals on the break. Ox seems to love the ECL!

19/04/15 – FA Cup Semi Final (N)

Arsenal 4 - 2 Man City - Munir (37, 53), Ozil (38), Diaby (45)

22/04/15 – Champions League Qtr Final Leg 2 (H)

Arsenal 5 - 2 Man City - Alexis (25, 30), Koscielny (37), Ozil (51), Oxlade-Chamberlain (75)

Absolute dominance of City this season. Finished this tie off well and truly in the first half.

04/04/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 3 - 0 Aston Villa - Podolski (6, 57), Ramsey (13)

Summary

Greats results this month. The Series against City will go down as one of my favorite FM moments considering the troubles they have given me in past versions.

May

PRM Chelsea (A)

ECL Juventus (H) SF Leg 1

PRM Southampton (H)

ECL Juventus (A) SF Leg 2

PRM Stoke (A)

PRM Leicester (H)

FAC Chelsea (N) Final

BIG BIG month, a lot of games. Playing Juve and Chelsea in 4 of the 7. Chelsea have probably been my bogey team so far this season.

MAY 2015 REVIEW

Fixtures

02/05/15 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 1 - 4 Chelsea - Cazorla (19)

I wasn't mentioning going unbeaten as I didn't want to jinx anything, looks like that made no difference. Completely and utterly outplayed and torn open. Will have to review this game in the off season as this was an embarrassment.

05/05/15 - Champions League Semi Final Leg 1 (H)

Arsenal 4 - 1 Juventus - Giroud (25), Sanchez (41, 47), Ozil (80)

Big games is where big name players should deliver. Giroud impressing against his potential suitors. Pity about the away goal.

10/05/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 0 - 0 Southampton

PL form still stuttering, I guess the lads have nothing to play for there now with the unbeaten streak broken and the title well and truly wrapped up.

13/05/15 – Champions League Semi Final Leg 2 (A)

Arsenal 0 - 2 Juventus

Juventus are a good side so I wasn't too disappointed with the result. We actually held them out for most the game, so it was only in the last 10 that things got a bit nervy.

16/05/15 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 0 - 1 Stoke

Going on recent League form, not surprised by this result at all. Rubbish end to the league.

24/05/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 4 - 1 Leicester - Oxlade-Chamberlain (10), Cazorla (21), Ozil (53), Welbeck (70)

Good result to lead into the FA Cup Final. Key players firing on all cylinders.

30/05/15 - FA Cup Final (N)

Arsenal 1 - 0 Chelsea - Oxlade-Chamberlain (84)

We got absolutely battered for most of the game. But this time we managed to stay tight in the centre. A lot of nervy moments, but The Ox snatching one late on was just something else. Loved this one! Although still question marks as to why I can't seem to get a foothold when playing Chelsea.

Summary

Odd wee month. Got the results that mattered but also marred by some really poor performances. I suspect the lads just running out of motivation and perhaps the game doesn't recognize playing for an unbeaten record when the title is already decided? Couldn't really find a team talk option to get them focused on that goal. Oh well. Next season maybe.

June

ECL Liverpool (N) Final

Aiming for the treble and can't really complain. We seem to have Liverpools number these days.

MAY 2015 REVIEW

Fixtures

06/06/15 - Champions League Final (N)

Arsenal 4 - 1 Liverpool - Balanta (52), Sanchez (54, 81), Ozil (78)

Stunning performance. They never had a look. No real story to this game as we dominated the first half, but just weren't lucky enough to get the ball in the net. Refocused at half time and the rest is history. Their sole goal was a wordly from Balotelli at 3-0.

Summary

Great season in the end. The league was very easy, but struggled near the end to hold it all together for the bigger cup matches. Sanchez, The Ox and Ozil really showed their quality as the season came into the last few months.

Will post some stats for key players as well as off season plans etc in a bit. Think I will be looking to shape the team a bit more to my vision which will see a couple of big names leave, especially as I can cash in on our recent success.

Hello,

I've finally started my long term career with Arsenal. I like to keep things quiet realistic so instead of making myself a manager I decided to create Thierry Henry's profile and impersonate him as Arsenal's new manager. I've got some ideas and targets for this career, like for instance:

- make Arsenal the most successful club in the history of football

- win Champions League two times in a row as first club ever

- win Quadruple (League, CL, FA Cup, Capital One Cup)

- finish a whole season without a single loss (The Invincibles!)

- after about 7-10 years of playing - to have only home grown players in the team

PREMIER LEAGUE

Currently I'm half way through the first season and after 21 league games I'm only at 6th position in PL. I'm losing about 14 points to leading trio (Chelsea, City, and Man Utd.) so basically I've got no chance to win the title this year; however, this is my first season so I will be still satisfied with the 4th place.

DOMESTIC CUPS

I'm in the Capital Cup Semi-Final and my opponent is Cardiff. There is a big chance to win this Cup and it would be very nice to do it as last time Arsenal won Capital Cup was in 1993.

FA Cup has just started and we managed to eliminate Stoke (2-0). I'm going to give a chance to the substitutes as I always do in domestic cups and we'll see how it goes.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

In the playoffs we played against Besiktas and in the first game at the Emirates we managed to win 2-1 thanks to goals from Hector Bellerin and Jack Wilsheree. Although the 2nd game was a little bit harder it finally ended with a draw (1-1) and we could enjoy promotion to the UEFA Champions League Group Stage.

Our opponents in the group stage were AS Monaco, Ajax Amsterdam, and Shakhtar. Getting promoted to the next round wasn't an easy task but finally 11 points were enough to take the first place. In the First Knockout Round we are facing AS Roma. The draw could have been much worse so I hope for the best.

TRANSFERS IN

I didn't buy any players in the summer because I always disable transfers in the first window, but in January I started to making changes in my team. First of all, I had to look for a good defensive midfielder as this was probably the weakest part of my team. I had in mind a few names like Lucas Romero, William Carvalho and others, but finally I managed to sign Javi Martinez from Bayern, one of my favourite players. He wasn't cheap (E26,5 mln) but I don't regret this deal at all as I finally have a player of the highest quality when it comes to tackling, anticipation, work rate, concentration, etc. The additional advantage is the fact he is experienced.

My second signing was supposed to be a central defender; however, when Juventus offered me E11,5 mln for Natcho Monreal (I was ready to reject it but the Spanish bagged me to sell him) I had to buy somebody to compete with Kieran Gibbs. I wanted a wing back more than a classic full back because my left winger is an inside forward so I need someone with more than average offensive skills. Jose Luis Gaya from Valencia seemed to be perfect for this role, but he was already close to signing contract with one of the clubs from Manchester. I had to offer him a really high contract, but it paid off as he chose my side and for E18mln became Arsenal's new player.

TRANSFERS OUT

After buying Javi Martinez I realized that I have to sell Coquelin or Flamini as now I can't guarantee both of them regular playing time. Flamini was okay in the 1st half of the season but I decided to let him go as Coquelin is much younger and still can develop more.

Now my squad looks just okay, but I'm still considering sale of Cazorla. He has played only a few games so far because of injury and to be honest I don't see a place for him anywhere. On the wings I've got Sanchez, Walcott, Chamberlain, and Welbeck, while in the middle there are Ozil and Wilshere. So I think it'd best for both sides to sell him now. But first I will have to see if any club wants to sign him.

PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

I'm aware that it will be extremely difficult to fight for the title in Premier League this year, but we have to make everything possible to finish the season in the first four as I can't imagine the next season without Champions League at the Emirates. When it comes to the other competitions, I want to get as far as possible in domestic cups and reach at least quarterfinal in the CL. But to be honest, I treat this season more like a prologue to our future successes. That's why the most important thing for me is to earn the right to be in the Champions League.

PS. I'm not a native speaker of English so please forgive me any language mistakes.

Just finished a Champions League match against Videoton of Hungary.

Finished 5-1.

Arsenal had 54 shots to Videoton's 3.

Only 7 of Arsenal's shots were long shots.

Arsenal had 28 shots on target to Videoton's 1 (a penalty).

Arsenal hit the post 4 times.

Every Arsenal player except 66th minute substitute striker Ezequiel Ponce had at least one shot on target.

Kingsley Coman (11) and Julian Draxler (28!) had double-digit shots.

Julian Draxler (12) had more shots on target than any other player had shots.

Videoton keeper Lazlo Koteles attempted more passes than fourteen other players.

Eight Arsenal players had as many or more key passes than Videoton.

Kinglsey Coman attempted 14 crosses and completed zero.

Seven of 11 Arsenal players had a 100% tackle rate.

Julian Draxler (12) made as many attacking runs as the other 11 Arsenal players who featured combined.

That might actually be the most dominant match I've ever played, and the most dominant individual performance a player has had in any of my saves.

That's impressive! How many of your players got 10 grades?

I wrote earlier about selling Cazorla - I really meant to do it, but nobody wanted to buy him, even for 5-6 mln. So he stayed, and now I'm glad... He scored 3 goals in last three games, and now Ozil got injured for 5-6 months... I guess I'll have to apologise him :D

Just done something a bit thick I confirmed a transfer for a player before realising he didn't have a work permit and because it his second transfer this year I have to wait till jan to loan him to Slavia Sofia - fortunately I changed the years for nationality to one at the start of the game

I have about the same thing going on. I've got AC Milan, Lazio, Villarreal and several other top-level clubs from Spain, France and Italy interested in taking a few players on loan, but not a single domestic club has shown interest in those players. All I can figure is that they're already good enough that they're not interested at all in the likes of Sunderland and West Ham, and any club better than that considers me a rival.

That's impressive! How many of your players got 10 grades?

I wrote earlier about selling Cazorla - I really meant to do it, but nobody wanted to buy him, even for 5-6 mln. So he stayed, and now I'm glad... He scored 3 goals in last three games, and now Ozil got injured for 5-6 months... I guess I'll have to apologise him :D

Zero players had 10s. Draxler led the way at 9.6, trailed by Coman at 9.2 and Gotze at 9.0. The fullbacks Silva and Zabalza had 8.5 and 8.3, with everyone else in the mid 7s. Romelu Lukaku didn't really do anything and finished with 6.8. Videoton's players mostly sat in the low 6s with a low of 5.9.

Finished the 15/16 season last night and won the league with 3 games to spare! However, away at 2nd place Chelsea on matchweek 34 (a victory would have sealed the league) and they beat me 2-0 to record my first loss in the Premier League... So annoying!

Rested my 1st XI for the remaining games and lost to Spurs, drew with West Brom and beat Southampton. Had Chelsea in the FA Cup final and won that comfortably! We were up against my nemesis Chelsea again in the CL final (like last year), this time I was going into the match without top goalscorer (58 in all comps) Aboubakar, Ozil (most assists) and Ox (2nd top goalscorer) and Chelsea got the better of me on penalties...AGAIN.

Great season but really need to win the CL now. Signed De Vrij in January and looking to bring in a DR and GK for the summer. Backup at AML/AMR might help too.

I know! Hazard is just too good...

Muslera (Szczesny)

Mario (Chambers)

Koscielny (Mustafi)

De Vrij (Mussachio)

Rodriguez (Gibbs)

Romero (Badelj)

Ramsey (Wilshere)

Ox (Walcott)

Ozil (Oliver

Sanchez (Cazorla)

Aboubakar (Welbeck)

Playing a 4-2-3-1 variant with Romero as DM.

Archived