FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone developed Akpom at all? How does he turn out?

Undecided whether to develop him myself for a year or two and keep him, or develop him for a bit and move him in on and bring in a different young striker (Jovic or Zivkovic)

He has 2* CA and 5* PA currently, being tutored and will loan him to a feeder in January, but has decent physicals and 14 finishing at the start (July).

I like him irl and being English and coming through Arsenal's system makes me want to try develop him, just will he be good enough?

Thoughts?

EDIT: Changed my mind - probably will persist with Akpom unless advised not to. I'm giving the likes of Bellerin, Chambers, Coquelin etc all regular football, may as well try develop Akpom.

I've tried doing the same in my first season he managed to get 7 goals about 5 were in the cup second season he hasn't played as much sadly I doubt he's any more than a championship striker on fm

Has anyone had the option for a stadium expansion or a new ground at any point with Aresnal?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a new ground can only be built every 20 years, so I imagine there's a while to go until you can move to a new stadium, but what about expansions?

Has anyone had the option for a stadium expansion or a new ground at any point with Aresnal?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a new ground can only be built every 20 years, so I imagine there's a while to go until you can move to a new stadium, but what about expansions?

Yeah must be at least 20 years from when the stadium was built and it's a waste of time to ask for an expansion of the Emirates as irl Arsenal don't have planning permission to increase capacity

Yeah must be at least 20 years from when the stadium was built and it's a waste of time to ask for an expansion of the Emirates as irl Arsenal don't have planning permission to increase capacity

I guess that would be 2026 then. Has anyone actually reached this point and had a new stadium built?

I don't think I've ever made it through more than 5 seasons in any version of football manager. Hoping to change that this year but somewhat doubt I'll manage 12 or however many it is.

You can't get an expansion at The Emirates unless you change it on the Editor. I always edit that as I think IRL it possibly could be expanded. I've had the capacity increased to 76,000 before & relocated to Wembley for a season - which was cool as got 90,000 attendances for derby games.

IRL, if I recall correctly, the stadium could never be expanded, due to planning permissions from local council and (I could be wrong here) the way the stadium is designed, they can't build outwards or upwards. They couldn't add more seats unless they reduced the leg room between rows (which is very generous in comparison to other stadiums for anyone who's been before) and even then I'm not convinced it'd be a significant increase.

I think 60000 is sufficient personally, it won't ever reach Old Trafford capacity but in my time playing FM this year, even with new stadiums and expansions, the Emirates has always remained the 2nd largest domestic stadium (not including Wembley of course), though this could vary between players I guess, just never seen any different myself.

2019/2020.

The perfect league season is one of my goals every FM, but I've never had an actual perfect season though (win every competitive game.) I didn't even win every title in this season. Lost Carling Cup to Chelsea. Yet to play the Fa and UCL finals.

Sick FM player!

After not winning a proper trophy (League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League, Champions League) this season I really need to sort things out. I have set myself some objectives, Win the CL (Haven't done it yet, 4 seasons completed), win all 4 major trophies in one season and go through a PL campaign unbeaten.

I'll have a think after I've won the CL about what I want to do. I have a feeling once that is done I'll want a new challenge.

From memory, the Emirates can be extended up to around the 76-80k mark but there are a few reasons why it won't happen for a long time. Firstly, a couple of thousand could be added in one summer by (as mentioned above) tightening-up seating areas. It may be that the club are monitoring the "safe standing" campaign, which Gazidis has publicly backed, before making a decision on such a move.

For any significant increases, the roof would have to be removed and a third tier added with additional stairwells around the outside of the building. It would be an expensive job but not impossible.

The main reason the capacity is currently capped just above 60k is Islington Council who, not unreasonably, demanded that AFC spent millions on upgrading tube access. One day maybe a new transport project like CrossRail 2 may allow Arsenal to expand without huge investment in local infrastructure.

Anyway, I decided to alter the maximum capacity in the editor in 2019 and we're currently playing at Wembley for the 2019/20 season. Couldn't bare having a similar size ground to West Ham and Tottenham.

Hello all, wow what a first season (after having to re-do it all) I won everything possible; Community Shield, League Cup, League, FA Cup & Champions League (in an unreal extra time final against Juventus)

First time I've ever had three strikers all getting 30+ goals each (all comps) playing a 4-4-2, the best partnership for me was Max Kruse & Giroud.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2001.15.04_zpspbksjvfi.jpg

Bought Sami Khedira for £10M & sold him to Liverpool (now under Wenger) for £26M. He got injured a lot & sent off twice. Tidy little profit.

Best of all though, was this..

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2013.53.34_zps7i9ubxnb.jpg

United offered something like £14M to begin with, I wanted to keep him so negotiated it to £30M thinking they'll never pay it & they did! Possible one of the biggest fees I've ever received considering he only played half my games, so mainly a back up player. Far too good to turn down.

I know it's an obvious buy but looking at Sven Bender as I've never bought either of them on any FM save before. Wanyama is looking like a good purchase too.

Hope everyone is doing good with The Gunners.

Started the season well and was top of the league after 9 games. 4 games and 6 first team injuries later I have dropped down to 3rd... Both left backs out too.

Absolutely ridiculous amount of injuries in such a short space of time. Could potentially end my season early.

Senior Squad Nationalities

1x Argentinian

1x Belgium

11x Brazilian(with another possible 3 future transfers)

1x Danish

11x English

2x French( plus 2 future transfers)

2x Portuguese

1x Irish

1x South African

2x Spanish

1x Ukrainian

1x Welsh

Plus 3 German , 1 Czech & 1 Swedish future transfer/s ,

90a95743-8925-48e5-ae4f-8a9be8c0d0b0_zps775e9215.jpg

November Report

03/11/17 | Barclays Premier League | Selhurst Park

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero© 7.1 RB: Stones 7.3 RCB: Koscielny 7.2 LCB: Paulo Ségio 7.2 LB: Taylor 7.3( Yenga 72/6.8) MCR: Pintinho 6.6( Wilshere 45/7.3) MCL: McCarthy 7.9 AMR: Leandro Robert 6.4( Bauer 51/7.6) AMC: L.Long 8.7 AML: Rui Miguel 8.4 STC: Munir 9(MoM)

Arsenal 5 ( Munir 22 , Bauer 54 , L.Long 62 , Rui Miguel 72 , Burn O/G 82 | Assts: Wilshere & Munir x2 , Taylor x1)

Crystal Palace 2 ( Bolasie 18 & 58)

06/11/18 / | UEFA Champions League | Stade De La Mansion

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero© 6.8 RB: Stones 7.1 RCB: Paulo Sérgio 7.7 LCB: Koscielny 6.8( Xulu 72/6.8) LB: Taylor 7.3 MCR: Bäron 6.9 MCL: McCarthy 7.8( Wilshere 72/6.9) AMR: Rui Miguel 7 AMC: L.Long 6.7 AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8 STC: Munir 6.2( J.Long 72/7.2)

Arsenal 2 ( Paulo Sérgio 44 , J.Long 90+1

Asst: Rui Miguel x1)

Montpellier 1 ( Benítez 66)

10/11/18 | Barclays Premier League | Brittania

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero© 6.6 RB: Chambers 6.8 RCB: Koscielny 6.4( Döria 6.7) LCB: Stones)6.6 LB: Yenga 6.7 MCR: McCarthy 6.6 MCL: Wilshere 6.9 AMR: Rui Miguel 7 AMC: L.Long 6.8( Deulofeu 85) AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8( Malcom 78) STC: Munir 6.2( J.Long 72/7.2)

Arsenal 3 ( Munir PEN 3 , Munir 42 , Sterling 47 |Assts: Ox & L.Long & Sterling x1)

Stoke 3 ( Hazard 25 , Kane 56 , Castellano 89)

24/11/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero© 7.2 RB: Stones 7.8 RCB: Koscielny 8.6 LCB: Paulo Sérgio 8.9 LB: Taylor 7.6( Yenga 67/6.8) MCR: Bäron 7.8( Wilshere 67/6.9) MCL: McCarthy 7.9 AMR: Rui Miguel 9.6(MoM) AMC: L.Long 9.2 AML: Malcom 9( Giroud 72/7.2) STC: Munir 8.4( Swap with Giroud 72)

Arsenal 5 ( L.Long 24 , Munir 36 , Rui Miguel 50 & 52 , Giroud 86 | Assts: Rui Miguel x2 , Bäron & L.Long & Malcom x1)

Southampton 0

28/11/18 | UEFA Champions League( Grp D) | Stadion Mesta

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero 7.2 RB: Stones 7 RCB: Kjær 6.9 LCB: Doria© 7.7( Xulu 45/6.4) LB: Taylor 7.8( Yenga 67/6.8) MCR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.7( Wilshere 84) MCL: Neves 7.3 AMR: Rui Miguel 7 AMC: L.Long 9(MoM) AML: Sterling 9 STC: Giourd 8.4( J. Long 45/6.3)

Arsenal 5 ( Giroud 19 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 30 , Kovarik O/G 33 , L.Long 38 , Sterling 76 | Assts: Rui Miguel x2 , Oxlade-Chamberlain , Neves & L.Long x1)

Viktoria Plzen 2 ( Wagner 53 & 57)

Hello all, wow what a first season (after having to re-do it all) I won everything possible; Community Shield, League Cup, League, FA Cup & Champions League (in an unreal extra time final against Juventus)

First time I've ever had three strikers all getting 30+ goals each (all comps) playing a 4-4-2, the best partnership for me was Max Kruse & Giroud.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2001.15.04_zpspbksjvfi.jpg

Bought Sami Khedira for £10M & sold him to Liverpool (now under Wenger) for £26M. He got injured a lot & sent off twice. Tidy little profit.

Best of all though, was this..

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2013.53.34_zps7i9ubxnb.jpg

United offered something like £14M to begin with, I wanted to keep him so negotiated it to £30M thinking they'll never pay it & they did! Possible one of the biggest fees I've ever received considering he only played half my games, so mainly a back up player. Far too good to turn down.

I know it's an obvious buy but looking at Sven Bender as I've never bought either of them on any FM save before. Wanyama is looking like a good purchase too.

Hope everyone is doing good with The Gunners.

Did you edit Le Coq's stats at all? His in game rating isn't the level he's currently playing at. (I'm not calling you a cheat btw, was just looking at adjusting his stats a little myself).

Any advice on who to keep sell and buy for my new arsenal save im using the latest database

I'd sell or let Diaby's contract expire(unless you can somehow get him to agree a wage drop because imo he's not worth 50k/week. Flamini is decent in game maybe sell in the second season buying depends on how you want to play.

started a save with Arsenal, come October the board have given me another £50 million to spend on transfers. So far I have signed Romero, Kane and Bender in the summer transfer window. Need a another CB and possibly a LB to sign in January. Any recommendations?

Did you edit Le Coq's stats at all? His in game rating isn't the level he's currently playing at. (I'm not calling you a cheat btw, was just looking at adjusting his stats a little myself).

I upped his current & potential ability by 4, nothing else. I changed that & made The Emirates expandable.

FM15 Season 3 – Pre-Season / August

Season 3

PRE-SEASON

After another long break I returned to my Arsenal save for a third season. We had finished the previous season in style by retaining the Champions League beating Real Madrid in the final as well as Everton in the Fa Cup final keeping clean sheets in both games to boot. However we did fail to win League Cup and the Super Cup so I hope to achieve those aims.

IN

My two targets were a left back and a target man. I searched high and low for a left back scouting at least 150 players but I me and my scouts couldn’t find the perfect one after last season loanie Evra refused to come. On deadline day I bought in Jaume Costa for 4.5 million.

I did make my one significant signing in attack. Although not the required Target Man. When Chelsea went sniffing for Aboubakar I brought him in. I failed in one bid for a highly rated Centre Back losing out to Real Madrid. A couple of others left before I bid.

The rest are a mixed bag. Four of them are highly rated regens. Early signs are that Duffy will be the best. Rinke so far hasn’t lived up to expectations but there’s still time. The bottom two were bout out of contract. Vilhena is here and in the first team and I will reassess his status in January while Benzia is on loan at West Ham.

Vincent Aboubakar – 38m

Kai Rinke (Regen) – 10m

Jaume Costa – 4.5m

Martin Ledesma (Regen) – 2.5m

Rubi Ribeiero – 875K

Enzo Nania (Regen) – 675k

Mark Duffy (Regen) – 525k

Tony Vilhena – Free

Yassine Benzia - Free

OUT

I didn’t sell a single first team player. Three left on free Transfers. Quite a few have gone on loan for the season.

Matt Macey - Free

Tyler Robinson - Free

Josh Vickers - Free

SQUAD

Wilshere was made Captain with Ramsey his deputy.

GK – Szczesny / Ospina

DL – Gibbs – Costa

DR – Chambers - Debuchey

DC – Balanta - Mertersacker

DC – Koscielny -

MC – Wilshere – Ramsey - Vilhena

MC – Khedira – Romero

AML – Bernard - Podolski

AMR – Chamberlain - Sanchez

AMC – Ozil – Cazorla

SC – Aboubakar - Walcott – Welbeck

PRE-SEASON

We had a good solid Pre-season. Bernard tore cruciate ligaments and would miss the rest of the year. We played our traditional game at Bournemouth before heading to Italy. We culminated that tour with a 6-0 win at Napoli. A lot of the first team players were involved in a variety of international tournaments so quite a few youngsters got good game time.

In case you are wondering why I would play Trento (admit it you are!) My girlfriend is from there. I recommend a visit It’s beautiful.

Bournemouth 0-5 Arsenal – Vilhena Munir 2 Aboubakar 2

Trento 0-10 Arsenal – Ozil Warner Chamberlain 2 Cazorla 2 Walcott Harriot Ramkin Gallo

Bari 2-2 Arsenal – Priest Benzia

Verona 2-5 Arsenal – Podolski 2 Khedira Wilshere Nania

Napoli 0-6 Arsenal – Mertesacker Walcott Podolski 2 Gallo 2

EMIRATES CUP

The four winners of their domestic leagues faced off in the Emirates Cup. We were drawn against Bayern while Real wore their lovely pink kit against Juventus. The Bayern game was tight but a Welbeck brace either side of half time made the difference.

In the final we faced Madrid who had beaten Juve 1-0 who you know who (cr) scoring. He did nothing in the final though as we ran out 3-0 winners thanks to Walcott Koscielny and that guy Welbeck.

SF

ARSENAL 2-0 BAYERN MUNICH – Welbeck 2

JUVENTUS 0-1 REAL MADRID – Ronaldo

3rd Play/off

JUVENTUS 2-2 BAYERN MUNICH – Beradi Martinez – Cervic Robben

Juventus won 5-4 on penalties

Final

ARSENAL 3-0 REAL MADRID – Walcott Koscielny Welbeck

COMMUNITY SHIELD

MAN UNITED 0

ARSENAL 1

Sanchez 16

We didn’t have a single new signing on the pitch as we played United in the Community Shield. We only managed 2 shots in the second half as we backed off after taking the lead. Worked well.

SUPER CUP

ATLETICO MADRID 0

ARSENAL 3

Ozil 6 Walcott 60 63 miss/pen 86

Match Stats Possession 48/52 Shots 8(2)/16(10) Corners 2/7 Fouls 21/13 CCC 0/5 WW 0/0 YC 4/1 RC 0/0 Passes 328/342

Man of the Match- Theo Walcott 9.0

Atletico MadridMoriera Siqueia Juanfran (Gamez 71) Alderweireld Godin Griezmann Garcia (Morata 35) Kramer (Guiavogui 71) Gabi Turan Mandzukic

Subs Not Used: Moralas Miranda Benitez Jiminez

Arsenal – Szczesny Gibbs (Debuchy 28) Chambers Koscielny Balanta Podolski (Chamberlain 20) Sanchez Khedira Wilshere (Ramsey 84) Ozil Walcott 68

Subs Not Used: Ospina Mertesacker Cazorla Welbeck

We made up for last year’s defeat to Chelsea by easily seeing off Atletico. Ozil gave us a six minute lead and we controlled the game from there. We weren’t given much help as Gibbs and Podolski went off injured before the 30 minute mark. A quickfire double from Walcott on the hour mark finished the game. He should’ve had a hattrick but his penalty his the base of the post. Podolski’s injury wasn’t too bad but Gibbs at a time where I had no cover would miss 6 weeks. We secured our fifth clean sheet in a row. Not bad considering we played Spurs, Everton Real Madrid, United and Atletico. Also none of these games were at the Emirates.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 2

Balanta 65 Walcott 85

STOKE 1

Diouf 40

We conceded our first goal in 6 games (3 from last season and 2 from this) as we absolutely battered Stoke We had 38 shots and 62% possession but could only score twice. We were missing several players not helped by Chamberlain and Wilshere also having to go off. Two youngsters James and Warner were on the bench as all the other recognised defenders were out. Once diouf got the goal it seemed to be set up for a classic FM joke but Balanta playing at left back and Walcott got us over the line. I brought on Aboubakar for his debut late on.

PREMIER LEAGUE

HUDDERSFIELD 0

ARSENAL 4

Walcott 58 Aboubakar 68 74 Cazorla 82

We had a more comfortable game the following weekend at Huddersfield. A goalless first half was redeemed in the second with a four goal blitz. Walcott opned the scoring and went off injured. I brought on Aboubakar and he scored with his first touch. He doubled it after a fabulous pass from Ramsey before another sub Cazorla completed the rout.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Aboubakar 12 25 Sanchez 77

MAN CITY 1

Hulk 60

The final game before I begin England duty saw us easily despatch Man City. Szczesny was the latest injured player as Aboubakar started and responded with a very well taken brace. After Hulk pulled one back Sanchez added a third.

League Table

Quite uncanny. As mentioned before Liverpool beat City 7-0 at the Etihad. They haven’t conceded yet but play us next.

1. Liverpool Played 3 Points 9 GD 11

2. Man United Played 3 Points 9 GD 10

3. Arsenal Played 3 Points 9 GD 7

4. Chelsea Played 3 Points 9 GD 7

5. Tottenham Played 3 Points 7 GD 5

England

As I eluded to in my City report I am now the new England Manager. They lost in the second round of the Euros to Belgium and sacked Hodgson. I was also offered the Spain, France and Holland roles but opted for England. We start with Kazakhstan at Wembley.

Other News

Champions League group is Red Star, Marseillle and Porto.

In the league cup we play West Ham at home.

Toivonen won player of the month. Walcott was third. Young player went to Sterling with Chambers third. while after seeing Liverpool notch up 11 goals in 3 games (7 at City) Rodgers won manager of the month. I was second but won’t begrudge my friend the prize.

Summer Transfer Window

While we were quite quiet other teams were trying to catch up. The signings of our three main rivals raised some eyebrows. Liverpool only brought in Jorginho.

Chelsea – Rotariu, Subotic, Fierro, Umtiti, Ljajic

United – Zouma, Vrsaljko Strootman, Icardi

City – Maicon, Depay, Veruso, Hulk, Insua

Euros

Second round

Germany 2-1 Finland, England 0-2 Belgium

Switzerland 3-0 Ireland, France 3-0 Greece

Czech Republic 0-2 Italy, Bosnia & H 1-0 Russia

Spain 3-1 Slovakia Sweden 2-0 Scotland

Quarters

Germany 3-0 Switzerland Belgium 2-0 Bosnia & H

Italy 0-0 Spain (Italy 5-4pens) France 1-0 Sweden

Semis

Germany 2-0 Belgium Italy 0-1 France

Final

Germany 1-2 France

September fixtures

PL - Liverpool (H)

CL – Red Star (H)

PL – Aston Villa (A)

LC – West Ham (H)

PL – West Ham (A)

CL – Porto (A)

England

WCQ – Kazakhstan (H)

WCQ – Croatia (A)

How do I get Chamberlain to score goals? Keeps getting into 1v1's and puts them wide or straight at the keeper.

Also best role for Alexis?

Play Alexis and Chamberlain at AML and AMR with Inside Forward (Support).

The latter is now a club legend after 5/6 seasons.

started a save with Arsenal, come October the board have given me another £50 million to spend on transfers. So far I have signed Romero, Kane and Bender in the summer transfer window. Need a another CB and possibly a LB to sign in January. Any recommendations?

Ricardo Rodriguez for DL. Won't need another DL for 8 years.

For DC I'd go with someone like Mustafi from Valencia if possible.

First time in ages I have been able to play for a prolonged period. So I'm on my post-update save. So here goes:

Premier League

Currently top after 23 games, with a 3-point lead over Man Utd. We were a bit out of form in December, but grinded some results out. Haven't lost since a New Year's defeat at Southampton. Notable matches:

(H) Man City - won 2-1 with a late Arteta penalty

(H) Man Utd - won 1-0 thanks to an Arteta penalty before the break, really tight, cagey game, but controlled all the way

(A) Man City - won 1-0 away thanks to Chamberlain's winner with 9 minutes left. Must say, was a great tactical control though.

(H) Aston Villa - won 3-2 with a comeback from being 2-0 down at half time. Walcott won it with 10 minutes to go.

Community Shield

Beat Man City on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

FA Cup

Beat Birmingham and West Ham at home, now Liverpool at home in round 5.

Carling Cup

Lost to Liverpool in Extra Time in round 3

Champions League

A really excellent group stage, won 16 points from 18. Played some excellent, but controlled football. Napoli up next in the knockout round.

Players

No transfers in. Missed Cazorla and Ozil for 2 months each with injury. Some good performances from Welbeck, Giroud and Alexis up front. Wilshere has been disappointing, but Chamberlain has been excellent. Ramsey had some good early season form, but it has tailed a little.

Ricardo Rodriguez for DL. Won't need another DL for 8 years.

For DC I'd go with someone like Mustafi from Valencia if possible.

Rodriguez worth his £22.5 mill release clause?

Signed Marquinhos for CB but will consider Mustafi at the end of the season.

Currently in the mid of the season 16/17

Won 2 PL and 1 CL and losing the final. Ozil won the Ballon d'Or in season 1. Bellerin won Golden Boy in this season.

The squad.

Horn/Chesny/Boruc

Bellerin/Debuchy

Mertesacker/Chambers

Koscielny/Vallejo

Gaya/Gibbs

Romero/Bielik

Ramsey/Arteta

Tielemans/Wilshere/Maitland-Niles

Ozil/Bernardo Silva

Alexis/Chamberlain

Benzema/Welbeck/Zach Clough.

Has anyone managed to train and coach Akpom, Zelalem or Crowley into first teamers ?

I've just started 2016/17 season and I'm using Akpom as my 4th/5th choice forward (Giroud, Welbeck, Max Kruse & Mauro Icardi as well). I play 2 up front so he'll get games. Zelalem & Crowley on season long loans at Championship sides and progressing nicely.

Highly recommend Marc Bartra from Barca, got him to replace Mertesacker. Sold Özil too as PSG offered £45M, couldn't turn that down.

Zelalem I sold to city for about 27-30m plus 25% next transfer, Crowley to PSG for about 35m plus 15% next transfer

Wow, thats impressive man, what season? I'm in 16/17 & thinking of selling Jack as he's always injured, bet PSG would have him.

PSG are a good side to sell to for me at least I can usually get them to pay quite a way over he odd

Yeah same, they haven't been a threat to me either which is cool. Managed to get £26M for Jack, they've had him, Özil & Ospina off me for a combined amount of £71M.

Yeah same, they haven't been a threat to me either which is cool. Managed to get £26M for Jack, they've had him, Özil & Ospina off me for a combined amount of £71M.
I got them to pay about 50 million guaranteed for Deulofeu(whom I got on a free) with a max of 83m

Arsenal Season 3 update - September

Premier League

ARSENAL 1

Ozil 35pen

LIVERPOOL 0

After the drama of International week we returned to League action with a tricky game against Liverpool. The match came too soon for Balanta and Welbeck who had both picked up knocks on international duty. It meant a first start for Costa. It was quite an uninspiring game. Ozil getting the only goal from the spot. Liverpool without Sturridge never really threatened. Four out of four.

Champions League MD1

ARSENAL 5

Aboubakar 4 9 45 Chamberlain 14 Walcott 84

RED STAR BELGRADE 0

The easiest of the 6 matches was first up and it didn’t take us long to kill the game. Aboubakar hit a first half hattrick (I subbed him at halftime) and Chamberlain and Walcott also netted. Following this is two away games at Marseille and Porto. We will see how we are at that point. Marseille won 2-1 in France.

Premier League

ASTON VILLA 2

Weimann 62 Benteke 74

ARSENAL 2

Ozil 14 Chamberlain 44

United had draw at Spurs meaning we would be top with a win. We started well and Ozil gave us a well deserved lead as we controlled the first half. Chamberlain then doubled before the break and we were set up for an easy win. But Villa responded well and first Weimann and then Benteke pulled them level. Podolski should’ve won it when clean through but shot at Guzan.

League Cup 4th Round

ARSENAL 3

Aboubakar 94 113 Walcott 100

WEST HAM 0

[After Extra-Time]

I played a fringe eleven with only Chambers making 4 or more appearances. We played ok and although never looked like conceding didn’t have the firepower to test the hammers. However I had my insurance subs on the bench and the trio of Chamberlain Aboubakar and Walcott made sure we made it into the hat in extra-time.

Premier League

WEST HAM 1

Sakho 75

ARSENAL 2

Chamberlain 7 Aboubakar 12

It took 94 minutes to score at home to west ham but just 12 to score twice at their place. From there we should’ve won by more. My players as usual ignoring the man marking instructions to allow Sakho to sweep home into an empty net. Start of five away games in a row. Next in the league us at Chelsea.

Champions League Group Stages MD2

PORTO 2

Barbosa 45 Varela 80

ARSENAL 2

Aboubakar 26 Sanchez 36

Groundhog day. Another two-goal lead lost, man marking doing absolutely nothing. we completely dominated the game only for them to score with a 66% success rate. We also hit the woodwork three times. Marseille won 3-2 in Belgrade.

League Table

After respective poor months Chelsea are 6th and City 8th.

1. Man United Played 6 Points 16 GD 13

2. Arsenal Played 6 Points 16 GD 9

3. Liverpool Played 6 Points 13 GD 1

4. Tottenham Played 6 Points 12 GD 7

5. Everton Played 6 Points 12 GD 1

England

England duty started with a bang. Depsite missing quite a few players to injury we got things off and running with a 7-1 victory over Kazakhstan at Wembley. Chamberlain and Walcott with braces.

The tougher test was four days later as still without both Rooney and Sturridge we travelled to Croatia. The Ox was at it again as he gave us the lead but Rebic equalised. Ricky lambert who only played because of injuries and the need for a target man put us ahead. Jordan Rossiter made his debut and was outstanding. A decent start with Montenegro and San Marino to come in October.

Other News

League cup 4th Round – Swansea vs Arsenal

I was manager of the month with the same record as Van Gaal. Aguero won player of the month while young player went to Aaron Kuhl at Stoke.

October fixtures

PL – Chelsea (A)

PL – Southampton (A)

PL – Marseille (A)

PL – Crystal Palace (H)

LC – Swansea (A)

PL – Burnley (H)

England

WCQ – Montenegro (H)

WCQ – San Marino (A)

Hello all, I'm not quite sure what is up with Giroud; he moaned about wanting a new contract, I said no, he sulked, I gave in & he's now on £115K p/w but in his general happiness he is still saying "Wants a new deal due to good form" & I also have 140 days left on a promise to sell him?! Very odd, I never said I would.

Thing is he has been in great form for a while & he's undroppable. Do you think it could be worth reporting it in the bugs forum maybe?

Hello all, I'm not quite sure what is up with Giroud; he moaned about wanting a new contract, I said no, he sulked, I gave in & he's now on £115K p/w but in his general happiness he is still saying "Wants a new deal due to good form" & I also have 140 days left on a promise to sell him?! Very odd, I never said I would.

Thing is he has been in great form for a while & he's undroppable. Do you think it could be worth reporting it in the bugs forum maybe?

I found him to constantly moan too he was inconsistent on mine so Welbeck started more but he always moaned about something ended up selling him in the third season

Well it was nervy in the end, but here's how it ended:

Premier League

Won the title by 2 points to Chelsea. When I played Chelsea with 5 games left I lost at home, including a missed penalty. We went 1 point behind. Thankfully Liverpool scored 2 late goals to beat Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge on matchday 36. So I was left with having to win at Old Trafford, which I did, 2-1 with 10 men after Monreal's red card. We then put paid to any notions of pressure by clinically battering West Brom 6-0 on the final day. The title is ours.

FA Cup

Lost 3-2 to Chelsea at Wembley. That's 3 defeats out of 3 against them this season, and definitely got my tactics wrong here. They made a bright start, scoring twice in 8 minutes and 3-up at half time. We got back into it but couldn't finish it off.

Champions League

We lost 4-1 away to Napoli, but actually scored a late goal at the Emirates to make it 4-1 on the night, 5-5 on aggregate. So extra time ensued, but a Napoli free kick in the first additional period was too much and we went out after an outstanding group stage. Very disappointed.

Players

Alexis and Ozil were excellent all season and Giroud finished on 24 goals, as our top scorer. Some excellent development by Chambers, Bellerin, Ramsey, Chamberlain during the season. Gabriel & Monreal were very impressive too.

Decent season, Llama. I sometimes find the more 'realistic' seasons to be more enjoyable - I can imagine that season panning out like that in real life, and the set-backs are what make me carry on. I ended up winning everything in my first season last year, which kind of took the fun out of it for me. How did you approach the Chelsea games tactically? What are you going to change about that next season?

The Semi Final against Chelsea I tried to sit off, but didn't adjust my formation and conceded too much dangerous space, was 2-0 down in 8 minutes and playing catch up. In the league game I tried to switch formation this time but they just swamped my area in the opening stages getting an early goal from a set piece. So we should simply have pressed more aggressively in both games, from the start. Also working on set piece defending is on the menu too.

Archived