FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

Just sold Zelalem to City

15m up front , 8m over 12 months , 4 m after 50 league games and 25% of next sale(his value was 8.5m)

Edit : Sold Kondogbia to City

15m up front , 20.5m over 12 months , 9.5m after 10 int apps , 10% next sale

A good amount of revenue there!

To be honest never really got far enough to see how Zelalem turns out, but seems like a very good price for you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of January 2017 I unveiled a new formation and some new signings against QPR.

Matheiu Debuchy had Barcelona come in for him last season with a desultory bid. I didn't let him move, and he didn't like it. Although it wasn't a problem, he handed in an offical transfer request in January and was sold to Zenit for £8.75m. That left me with a bit of a hole at RB; Jonathan Silva is good enough, but he's left-footed. Atletico's Javi Manquillo had a £12.75m release clause, excellent pace and good attacking attributes. Signing him was more or less a no-brainer as he's young, good enough to be first-choice and a complete contrast to Silva.

Julian Draxler had 18 months left on his contract and was seeking a move away from Schalke in the media. I obliged him for £19 million. I was hoping Welbeck and Murphy would hold down my left wing position, but neither has really lit the world on fire. Welbeck with 9 goals in 25 appearances and Murphy with two in 20; not enough, and Draxler has four in six.

Also there's this dude named Javier Pastore, who was transfer-listed by PSG for the king's ransom of £10 million. He signed for less than £80k a week and gives me some more creativity in central positions. I guess I'm basically Arsene Wenger, as I find I'm missing Giroud's physicality so I've signed another 5'7 central playmaker. This is a move for the future. He's still 27 and if I can get a good 18 months out of him it should be child's play to move him for two to three times what I paid. I'm still going to comfortably make a net transfer profit this season.

Against QPR I experimented with a couple formations. In the second half I settled on a kinda funky 2-5-3. Mertescielny in central defense, with Nemanja Matic shielding as an anchorman. Manquillo starts as a WBs in the RWB position, Lucas Silva plays DMs to the right of Matic, Lucas Romero is a DLPs to Matic's left with Jose Luis Gaya at LWB as a WBs. Mario Gotze starts at DLFa before moving back to attacking midfield as a Trequartista. Javier Pastore is an APa in attacking midfield with Alexis Sanchez up front as a DFs. Obviously QPR aren't the strongest opposition, but in the second half I don't think they had a shot on target. I certainly didn't see any highlights.

I think since I'm keeping the wingbacks so restrained, I might as well drop them back to fullback positions. In some games, I think I'll take out the anchorman, plug in another central defender with a Stopper duty, and move the fullbacks back up. I'll do that in games against teams who play more narrow. Depending on the midfielders I have available, midfield duties and positions will change. Ramsey and Tielemans were injured and Wilshere in need of a rest for this game. If Ramsey is available I might play him as a BWMs in central midfield and change the other creative defensive midfielder to a regista. I'll be less compact but I'll also have more pressure on the ball. WE WILL SEE. It's not a formation I'll be using a lot as my wingers are so strong.

Hi All,

So I finally got to the end of the August transfer window after getting my tycoon in my earlier post in May and it hasn't been as easy to just spend the cash as I thought it would be. I have however signed a lot of players but my chairman still isn't happy I haven't signed big name players although I have signed some mostly in defence as we were very short at the start of the season as everyone knows with only 6 main defenders.

My Transfers are :-

Transfers_TransferHistory_zpsd2799366.png

Transfers_TransferHistory-2_zps0255f3fd.png

Transfers_TransferHistory-3_zps5a1a1f7a.png

Transfers_TransferHistory-4_zps8183684f.png

Transfers_TransferHistory-5_zpsb3b93599.png

So as you can see above I have signed a hell of a lot of players mainly I focused on signing youth as I want to be at Arsenal for the long term and always liked trying to improve them and hopefully discover a gem or two along the way. I felt for the senior players I have signed the players we needed for the first team although I thought it has been tough as although I had a massive transfer kitty of 500m! yes that's right I was shocked myself the chairman kept giving me more cash lol from initially 95m to 350m to the start of july 500m before I'd even sold anyone. It has been tough in the sense I could only offer some players top wages then others I could only off 100 quid which wouldn't get me a player for the conference yet alone a top player. I was hoping by selling players on big wages that either I didn't see the need for or to get them off the wage bill that I could do a board adjustment and put some of the transfer kitty into the wages as tbh I had a lot more cash than I needed.

So after all my spending I am left well short upfront with only Welbeck as a natural forward, I have sanchez, theo and even muir who I can play upfront if needed and tbh when theo is back I will probs try and train him up to help me out. So really I just have to hope one of them doesn't get an injury between now and Jan and then hopefully if the chairman will let me put some of the transfer budget into the wages then i'll go and get a top striker.

Fixtures

Schedule_SeniorFixtures_zps49212505.png

We have had some tough games to start the season in City, Everton and Chelsea but we have been fantastic and the result at the bridge has been the best result so far which seen both goals be absolute screamers from outside the area from Welbeck and Sanchez. Hopefully we can continue the unbeaten run for a good while and we have a very easy champions league group so should breeze through that aswell.

I'll keep everyone updated on how I get on.

Wow! Chewy that is a hell of a lot of incoming. Must of taken ages to process the game on the 9th June!

Make my marquee signing look a little tame in comparison.

SEn6w5h.png

I needed a holding midfielder, so many of them looked so below par though. Especially as the Romero's and such are off limits. Love Sergio in real life :D. Man just oozes quality, but with the right amount of dirty.

Season is going swimmingly in the league, drew some annoyingly winnable games against Swansea, Everton, Hull and Tottenham. Lost only to Manchester United - where Mertersacker simply cant handle Falcao. And more recently, to a last minute direct free kick against stoke.

KqwdidT.png

The Champions League was a shambles, we just didn't perform in a relatively straightforward group winning only one game, home to Juventus. We dropped so many points surrendering leads.

NbqcYtu.png

Otherwise, the front trio of Welbeck up top, Walcott on the left as an inside forward and Chamberlain as Winger on the right has been incredible.

Nice, that's a hell of a signing.

I exorcised some of my personal demons by knocking Juventus out of the Champions League in the first knockout round. 3-0 demolition at home with a thoroughly professional (except Wojciech's distribution) 1-0 loss away. Juve have signed Gaston Gil Romero and Santi Cazorla off me, played a big part in unsettling Mesut Ozil and exploited a bug to steal Divock Origi, so sending them out is quite satisfying.

January 2015 REVIEW - from 2nd onwards as beating the spuds on NYD was on the last update

4/1/15 - FA CUP 3rd Round (H)

Arsenal 4 - 2 Tranmere. - Sisto (22,31), Sanogo (35), Akpom (81). My reserves and youths cup side met stubborn resistance from Tranmere, and it was only Akpom late on from close range who made sure of avoiding a replay

11/1/15 - Premier League (A)

Swansea 1 - 4 Arsenal - Ozil (19), Welbeck (34), Cazorla (38,40). Despite a second min Pen for Swansea this was all over at half time and a gentle possession based stroll in the second half. 2 Assists for Pogba on his Debut at DLP

17/1/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 3 - 0 Hull City - Welbeck (6,87), Ozil (10). Despite Ozil scoring his worst match in a couple of months. Santi with 3 assists.

21/1/15 - Cap One Cup Semi Final First Leg (H)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Everton - Odegaard (36), Sanogo (pen59). A disappointing performance from my kids and reserves, but a great moment for one highly rated youngster, scoring on his debut and setting a new club record for youngest scorer.

24/1/15 - FA CUP 4th Round (A)

MK Dons 1 - Arsenal 5 - Gnabry (2,33), Munir (14,60), Nacho (65). Comprehensive. Another debut goal, this time for Nacho.

28/1/15 - Cap One Cup Semi Final Second Leg (A)

Everton 2 - 4 Arsenal - Sanogo (15), Gnabry (46), Balanta (50), Sisto (70). Luckily, while I was rotating for the FA Cup, Everton played their first team, picked up a couple of injuries and were generally lacking in fitness for this one, playing as many reserves as me.

Summary

Another month, and still a victory in every game, though only 2 remotely challenging fixtures on paper, and good rotation has kept me mostly injury free. With Giroud to return, and Walcott back after a minor knock, I'm only a small Wilshere injury from a full house. Obviously from March onwards things get harder with the fixtures thick and fast and the ECL looming.

Transfers:

In: Sergi Roberto (Barca) 2.4m, Nacho (Real Madrid) 1.2m, Bielik (Legia Warsaw) 1.2m, Niklas Sule (Hoffenheim) 8.75m over 48 months, Andrija Zivkovic (Partizan) 3.9m (thanks to DoF for this one), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool) 1.7m - (another good signing by the DoF ...I'd never have got him that cheap) Mchael Keane & Will Keane (Man U) - 400k & 500k (Both young English and better than usual rated from my scouts). Jay Rodriguez (Southampton) 4m + Fernando Gago

A slightly esoteric bunch of signings, with mostly short terms cover for cup competitions or kids. Only Rodriguez will get much time in the EPL this year, and 2 things made me buy him...firstly a desire to have a more English core to the squad, at least in rotation and back up roles...secondly, Southampton wanted Gago who had now become obselite with the arrival of Pogba, but no-one would bid for him.

Out: Diego Lugano - 600k (Sao Paolo - he'd fallen out with the player I wanted him to tutor so was no longer worth anything to me), Flamini (Monaco) 5.7m (renewing his contract was worth it!), Gago (Saints) P/ex, N'Guemo (Torino) 5.75m, Christain Lell (stoke) 2.4m, Miroslav Stevanovic (Galatasary) 8.75m (I have NO IDEA why they wanted to buy this guy for so much - I'd picked him up on a free for cup rotation expecting to make 2m or so - he's crap!). Also Joel Campbell went on loan to monaco for 150k a month and wages, hence the reason I had the room to buy Rodriguez.

Bosman squad players in the summer:

Afryle Acquah - Hoffenheim (decent ball-winning midfielder that may come in as a back-up)

Sami Khedira - Real Madrid (Thats the centre midfield sorted for the next 3-5 years then!).

Roberto Pereyra - Udinese (Possible replacement for Santi who although in great form has twice asked to be allowed to sign for Juve)

Yarmalenko - Dynamo Kyiv (Can play on both wings, will replace the likely to depart Podolski).

Promising kids on Bosman:

Fabrice Olinga - Apollon

Leandro Paredes - Boca

Dennis Praet - Anderlecht

Adrien Rabiot - PSG

Rodrigo Aguerre - Udinese

Ager Aketxe - Athletic Bilbao

Xiker - Athletic Bilbao

Suently Alberto - PSV

Zakaria Bakkali - PSV

Alessio Carlone - Genk

Curro -Sevilla

Tiago Escorza - PSG

Alberto Grassi - Atalanta

Most won't make it, but at worst will boost the coffers, if I farm them out utterly without morals, a la Chelsea...

Up 1-0 on aggregate in the second leg of my Champions League quarterfinal with Real Madrid, Laurent Koscielny concedes a penalty straight from kickoff. Calum Chambers get a second yellow card out of nowhere - presumably it's for dissent but the game didn't say. James Rodriguez tucks away the penalty.

Perhaps it's unfair to say Koscielny conceded a penalty as it didn't look like he did anything wrong. The referee has been shocking and Mario Gotze has been worse. He just doesn't make decisions fast enough (he's far from unique in this. Across all my saves and all my tactics, players seem to think very, very slowly. I'm sick of players holding the ball waiting to be closed down when they're clean through or have passing opportunities.) And now Romero has been sent off, and Koscielny has a 4.5 rating. I quit.

S A D B O Y S

Into 2019 and topping the table on New Year's day after this result:

Arsenal5-0Chelsea2108_zps48f1b2c0.png

Chelsea were still unbeaten in the league and looking just as good as they were last season, but in that game they were beyond terrible. My players were fired up and pounced on the errors they made and we were so comfortable at 3-0 that even after Stones' red we were far and away the better and more dominant team.

Lewandowski's brace takes him to 20 league goals for the season; well on his way to breaking the club record for most league goals in a season. He's also the first player to score 20 league goals for me since Danny Welbeck way back in 14/15.

Apart from him, a few young players are having good seasons. Ruben Barbosa, who I signed from Hereveen last season, is developing really well. I recommend him to anyone looking for a decent young fullback.

RubenBarbosa2019_zpsc9644106.png

Dan Crowley is having his first extended run in the first team squad and is third in the charts for assists. I'm pretty sure he's at the peak of his development now.

DanCrowley2019_zps14361f82.png

Patrick Roberts is starting more games and is providing the x-factor when we need it. A joy to watch when he gets running with the ball. I think there may be a bit more development to come from him. Potentially could be a false nine in the future.

PatrickRoberts2019_zps0f7d0e88.png

I dunno. It's so silly how hard I'm finding big away matches. I can't ever just shut up shop. I can't keep clean sheets unless I have crazy attacking tactics with crazy pressing. I basically go in thinking that if I don't win the first leg 3-0, I'm going to lose on aggregate. All I want is a good defensive tactic, and I can't seem to find one that doesn't involve doing the same old pressing crap. There need to be more ways to play than some variant of 4-2-3-1 Attack with pressing but there really just aren't.

Just Started my 4th season I'll probably do an August/Pre-Season Update but I may or may not do monthly updates I may do some months myself but I may just do a few months via screenshot/s depends how I feel It'll probably be a mixed bag some 'month' update some screenshot updates

Hey All,

Just thought I'd give you a quick update on how things are going and yeah them deals did take a while to process on that day but it will be worth it long term I think.

Fixtures

Sep-Oct_zps0e2d5691.png

Nov-Dec_zps6d81a290.png

ChampionsLeagueGroup_zps4f8e3b3d.png

Well as you can see from results above we have had a fantastic season so far I'm still unbeaten in the premiership and with only the one defeat which came early on in the champions league group where we eventually won the group. I have been surprised that we have gone to both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool away and beat them all the city away game was very tight with welbeck getting the vital goal. Aswell as them you can see we destroyed spurs and Swansea, the spurs result was so sweet and heres a screenshot of the stats and goalscorers.

ArsenalvTottenham_OverviewOverview_zps7c10c1f7.png

Here is a screenshot of my squad and how they are all doing

Squad_PlayersPlayers_zps6c96b8b0.png

Squad_PlayersPlayers-2_zps0aa8d423.png

As you can see quite impressive stats especially form my strikers I wasn't sure if when theo got fit he could play as a complete forward but he has done class and welbeck aswell as done very good when I have played him in that position. Although now I've suffered a few injuries to key players that I def think I need to replace in Jan luckily the window is only a day away so hopefully unlike what stopped me in the Summer from bringing in another quality forward because of wages not been allowed the chairman will now allow me to adjust this giving how strong a position we are in. I dunno if it is possible but I tried at the end of august to unsettle Falcao from Man Utd and it worked as he said he'd love to join me but with the future transfer in place I dunno if anyone has had any experience of him not completing a move to Man utd and going back to Monaco if this can be done then he will be my main target in the summer but I do hope I can get another one in at least as if the injuries continue then I will be left well short upfront.

Here's the current league table at the half way stage.

Tableathalfwaystage14-15_zps4ce6de23.png

I'm amazed at how well we have done already a massive gap of 12pts between us and Liverpool and only letting in 8goals so far. With playing most of the top sides away aswell the 2nd half of the season should be great and hopefully bring us a first premier league title in a decade.

Also we have managed to get a few players in the fifa team of the year so everything is going smoothly at the moment and long may it continue.

Fifateamoftheyear_zpsd8bcaf06.png

I can't believe I got him I just put in a bid for his release clause as had plenty of money in the bank and the chairman has given me more wages but never thought it would happen but WOW let the goals and assists begin.

MESSI_zps18fce06c.png

I have also but in a bid of 200m for Ronaldo but his agent wants 28.5m! I can only offer 11.5m which is still pretty insane but who knows maybe in summer I will have them both together in the same team which I've never had before what ever happens between now and then it's sure to be a fun end to the season :D

Another great signing in Jan, some might say I've paid over the odds but def got another world class player in again with Suarez so couldn't resist having the two. I'm buzzing got them both in first season and can only help us in the long run.

Suarez_zps85f62621.png

Only thing is now gives me a headache where to play them all but it's a problem worth having than being left short of players due to injuries that as we all know in this fm seem to occur more often.

LOL

That's hilarious, actually.

Finished second in the 2016/17 season to Liverpool, who didn't lose a match in the league that wasn't to me since the second week of January. In 2017, they dropped a total of 10 points; three against Aston Villa in the second week of January, three against me in April, and four through draws against Tottenham and Swansea. It's tough to chase a team down when they won't drop points. It's still encouraging; I only conceded 24 goals in the league and scored 87. I should have won.

It makes the 0-5 against Real Madrid that much harder to take, though.

Changes will be happening.

Alexis Sanchez was asked to take an injection to play against Leicester and didn't. He demanded a transfer, and if I can get a fee for him, I'll let him go. Danny Welbeck spent a lot of the season injured, I can't get him to work the way I want tactically, and left wing is a bit stocked after signing Draxler, Pastore and Josh Murphy. Defensively, if I have a young center-back who looks fit to play, I'll be selling Koscielny. He's not the tutor Per is and I'm still a bit miffed at his 4.5 against Madrid. Gibbs may leave as well. Mikel Arteta and Frank Lampard are retiring; both, unfortunately, will be horrible coaches. Lampard in particular despite his 20 Fitness Coaching is dragged down by his 1 Motivating.

I'd like to sign an experienced striker who can act as a tutor to younger players without being crap at it. I'm looking at Javier Hernandez for his mentals and personality. Andrea Russotto is another option but he isn't very good. Wilfred Bony and Lisandro Lopes are other options. Might bring Robin van Persie back, except I kinda regard him as Judas and am a bit biased.

Bit of a changing of the guard in the backroom staff as well. Boro Primorac is retiring, as are a few others. I'll be looking for a scout with expertise in Africa specifically.

Eden Hazard broke his own average rating record with a 7.70 and was Footballer of the Year. Raheem Sterling was Players' Player of the Year with 24 assists and a 7.67 in 35 matches. Daniel Sturridge was the leading scorer with 30. Mario Gotze claimed Young Player of the Year. David De Gea had the most clean sheets and won Golden Glove, despite conceding 7 more goals than Wojciech Szczesny. Brendan Rodgers was Manager of the Year; Balanta, Ramsey and Gotze made the League XI with Wilshere a substitute.

After finishing 2 points off the title, Sanchez, Silva and Murphy are upset that I've told them we're going to win next year. Some good news is that Sean O'Shea, an American striker I signed from New York Red Bull last year, has won Top Goalscorer and Young Player of the Year while on loan at Vitesse. Contract negotiations with Balanta continue to make me think bonuses are scaled incorrectly as it's incredibly stupid that I can offer a £300k maximum wage with a £155k appearance fee.

February 2015 REVIEW

1/2/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 3 - 0 Southampton - Ramsey (58), Cazorla (60), Gibbs (88). Wanyama did the decent thing and got himself sent off after 14 mins, making this just a matter of time.

4/2/15 - Premier League (A)

Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Arsenal - Diaby (37), Walcott (42,75). A solid victory marred by an injury to Rosciky and a late penalty conceded.

7/2/15 - Premier League (A)

Man Utd 4 - 5 Arsenal - Sanchez (3, 59), Welbeck (23), Ozil (29), Cazorla (36). A goal fest with 7 in the first half. Despite injuries to a whole host of Utd strikers, Marcus Rashford scored twice and Mata got a goal and 2 assists.

10/2/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 7 -0 Sunderland - Walcott (5), Podoslki (13, pen 65), Jones (15), Bellerin (21), Giroud (33), Oxlade-Chamberlain (72). Sunderland are crap, injury hit and going down. Morale boost for the 2nd string.

14/2/15 - FA CUP 5th Round (H)

Arsenal 7 - Everton 0 - Giroud (9, 12), Walcott (45), Sisto (48), Munir (58), Balanta (73), Sanogo (85). Everton, having played a full strength team in the previous round, rotated heavily with an eye on the Europa League and got stuffed as a result. Baines was their worst player.

21/2/15 - Premier League (A)

Everton 2 - 6 Arsenal - Ozil (8,62), Sanchez (11), Cazorla (37), Welbeck (48, 83). A nightmare for everton after travelling across Europe in Thursday night only to find a Saturday lunchtime kickoff awaiting for an already injury hit squad. Great for me, but the fixture computer screwed them hard on that one. Rare that one plays a tricky opponent 4 times in 2 months with the fixtures so heavily in my favour. I'd be fuming if I was Martinez.

24/2/15 - Champion's League First Knockout Round Leg 1 (A)

Roma 3 - 3 Arsenal - Podolski (10), Balanta (63), Wilshere (89). Having not realised Everton were screwed I prioritised that fixture, hopeful my second string would continue their form in Europe. Was slightly outplayed, though one of their goals was a total fluke OG double ricochet from a clearence. Still a good result.

Summary

The last game in February is the first game this team hasn't won all season, which has been incredible so far. The EPL is pretty much in the bag, so its time to focus on the cups to turn 2 trophies into 5!! All the big guns still in, so it will be super tough, as will remaining unbeaten in the League with a fixture pile up and some tough away games to come. I just hope the strong sqaud I've created can stretch.

I offer Welbeck after two clubs talk about wanting to buy him. Welbeck wants to know why I'm trying to force him out. I say we have too many options - which is true. I have like six AMLs. He wants to know how to be better; I tell him he needs to score more goals (9 last season). YOUR BEHAVIOUR IS DEPLORABLE AND THIS WILL ESCALATE QUICKLY1!

...Wait what? You asked, mate. And neither of the clubs talking about buying him are interested in bidding.

I've signed Andrea Pirlo and Roberto Soldado as tutors. Pirlo apparently can't. I wonder if that's because he's a player/coach? Either way it's silly. Apparently Soldado can't tutor players either. So what's the point.

I am really struggling to sign useful players. Everton finished ninth last year and won't part with Lukaku for a lump sum of £80 million; he's publicly asked to leave. Luka Jovic likewise has asked to leave Avellino and has rejected two contract offers in the last month; he's down to 12 months left on his deal. Avellino won't consider selling him for less than £56 million. Kingsley Coman is agitating to leave Juventus, who won't discuss terms with me. I've already been burned by a transfer bug with Divock Origi and it's making me really paranoid.

I offer Welbeck after two clubs talk about wanting to buy him. Welbeck wants to know why I'm trying to force him out. I say we have too many options - which is true. I have like six AMLs. He wants to know how to be better; I tell him he needs to score more goals (9 last season). YOUR BEHAVIOUR IS DEPLORABLE AND THIS WILL ESCALATE QUICKLY1!

...Wait what? You asked, mate. And neither of the clubs talking about buying him are interested in bidding.

I've signed Andrea Pirlo and Roberto Soldado as tutors. Pirlo apparently can't. I wonder if that's because he's a player/coach? Either way it's silly. Apparently Soldado can't tutor players either. So what's the point.

I am really struggling to sign useful players. Everton finished ninth last year and won't part with Lukaku for a lump sum of £80 million; he's publicly asked to leave. Luka Jovic likewise has asked to leave Avellino and has rejected two contract offers in the last month; he's down to 12 months left on his deal. Avellino won't consider selling him for less than £56 million. Kingsley Coman is agitating to leave Juventus, who won't discuss terms with me. I've already been burned by a transfer bug with Divock Origi and it's making me really paranoid.

I got a 19m offer accepted for Lukakau but he chose to sign for Bayern

ccdb852b-351e-4493-85cf-20d6f5d3c3b6_zps6df2e75c.jpg

Pre-Season/August Update

Arsenal1_zps4f16f5d2.jpg

arsenal4_zps5cf19e89.jpg

Arsenal3_zpsfaf133d3.jpg

arsenal1_zps61948816.jpg

arsenal2_zps4670a58f.jpg

Pre-Season Friendlies: Pld: 5 W 5 , GS: 17 , GC: 4 Scorers: Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 , Berahino & Giroud & Zivkovic & Munir 2 , Deulofeu & Malcom & Long 1 , Own Goals 2

15/08/17 | UEFA Super Cup(Final) | Geiredome

Arsenal 3 ( Giroud 10 , Malcom 38 , Baron 50)

PSG 1 ( Zaza 58)

19/08/17 | Brclays Premier League | Villa Park

Arsenal 4 ( Stones PEN 10 , Giroud 53 & 59 , Munir 63)

Aston Villa 1 ( Diouf 52)

26/08/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Sterling 18 , Giroud 45+1 & 61 , Munir 67 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 82)

Norwich 1 ( Howson 3)

March 2015 REVIEW

1/3/15 - Capital One Cup Final (N)

Liverpool 1 - 4 Arsenal - Sanogo (10), Sisto (66), Sergi Roberto (82), Will Keane (pen85). Mixed full and understrength Arsenal team beats mixed full and understrength Liverpool team due to late goals. Balanta and Sisto were both fantastic.

4/3/15 - Premier League (A)

QPR 1 - 3 Arsenal - Welbeck (13), Cazorla (20), Podolski (82). Reasonably comfortable, but took Podolski off the bench to make it safe.

8/3/15 - FA Cup 6th Round (A)

Stoke City 1 - 2 Arsenal - Sanchez (30, 54). Easier than it looked. Stoke with one shot on target.

11/3/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 6 -0 West Brom - Oxlade-Chamberlain (23), Sanchez (35), Balanta (54), Giroud (71), Monreal (85), Podolski (pen 88). Total domination from kick-off.

14/3/15 - Premier League (A)

Liecester 1 - Arsenal 3 - Walcott (29), Arteta (pen 40), Jones (49). Not anything of interest about this one!

18/2/15 - Champion's League First Knockout Round Leg 2 (H)

Arsenal 3 - 0 Roma - Cazorla (18, 67), Giroud (25). Roma a little unlucky to los by 3, but the result was the right one.

21/3/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 5 -0 West Ham - Sanchez (71, 73), Rodriguez (75, 90+1), Podolski (87). Could have been more if we hadn't been so wasteful in the first hald. West Ham with 0 shots on target. Good for Jay Rodriguez getting his first goals for the club.

Summary

The show keeps rolling on, and squad rotation is keeping everyone involved. Longest injury of the season so far is the earlier one for Giroud, which of course is making a massive difference.

I got a 19m offer accepted for Lukakau but he chose to sign for Bayern

What year are you in, and what database are you using? I'm wondering if some of the problems I'm having signing players is down to using a small database rather than medium. That might explain as well why I was able to sell Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez and Welbeck for a combined £115 million or something. It feels as though there's a decent amount of transfer activity, though. On the other hand players I might have expected to see move, like Marco Reus, Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Garay, are all still where they started. I don't think I've ever had a save on FM2012-2015 before where Hamsik doesn't end up at United or Arsenal.

Meanwhile, I eventually did sign Lukaku for £75 million + £17.5 million in clauses.

It seems fairly unrealistic the amount of goals you're scoring but well done nonetheless. Is this all with the 4-2-3-1?

Assuming that's addressed to me, yes. The key is rotation to ensure fitness and form. I think my tactics may have found some glitch somewhere, even though to me they were just based on what I felt should be minor adjustments to the way Arsenal play. Certainly Welbeck (by a distance) and Cazorla have exceeded expectations. Oddly enough, despite the great results, players like Sanchez and Ramsey have actually slightly under-acheived. Obviously FM shouldn't be confused with real life, but its an indication that the club has a very good squad going forward when we aren't totally riddled with injuries. I haven't had the test of real injury problems though.

Interestingly, the only players to have been significantly impacted on by any DB updates I've downloaded are either kids or play for other teams. I think Sanchez had a little boost, and possibly Ramsey's shooting (though that may have been training focus combined with CA boost due to games played). Other than that the first team is as the Vanilla DB ships plus the signings of Balanta, Jones, Rodrigues in p/ex and of course Pogba (who hasn't actually made that much difference yet).

There have been a couple of times that I've just been lucky, particulary with Everton in both cups with them also playing the Europa League, allowing me to get away with some good squad rotation.

But a variation on this tactical set up has always had me win with Arsenal on the recent FM's, and perhaps being such a sad football spanner means I've always had a fair idea of what I want to do without relying too much on forums etc (bar finding out about great 17 year olds!)....I've also been an SI customer since 1992, and have very happy memories of winning the European Cup with Barnet! I also remember signing Rob Taylor from Brentford and him getting 70 goals one year in CM around the 97/97 season!

What year are you in, and what database are you using? I'm wondering if some of the problems I'm having signing players is down to using a small database rather than medium. That might explain as well why I was able to sell Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez and Welbeck for a combined £115 million or something. It feels as though there's a decent amount of transfer activity, though. On the other hand players I might have expected to see move, like Marco Reus, Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Garay, are all still where they started. I don't think I've ever had a save on FM2012-2015 before where Hamsik doesn't end up at United or Arsenal.

Meanwhile, I eventually did sign Lukaku for £75 million + £17.5 million in clauses.

So much of player cost depends on when you try to buy them....If you have the budget, sniffing about BEFORE the window opens can get you cheaper prices...though you can be quoted 22-38m for a player one week and 50-70 the next depending on timing.

Generally that's the case, though honestly it hasn't seemed to matter for me. Players I want just aren't available; I've been trying to buy Luka Jovic for three years now and haven't been quoted a price below £50 million yet. Even players with maxed unhappiness and less than a year to run on their contract aren't available.

My scout recommended a regen from Rwanda, available on a free. I figured, what the hell, why not? and signed him. He was cheap, no worries. I sent him to my affiliate in Bulgaria for a work permit.

Later on, I loaded Genie Scout to check the CA/PA of a prospect whose sale caused a dressing room revolt, with nine players unhappy. And I checked the prospect from Rwanda. CA 7, PA 9. GREAT WORK, MISTER SCOUT. SEE IF I EVER TRUST YOU AGAIN.

Assuming that's addressed to me, yes. The key is rotation to ensure fitness and form. I think my tactics may have found some glitch somewhere, even though to me they were just based on what I felt should be minor adjustments to the way Arsenal play. Certainly Welbeck (by a distance) and Cazorla have exceeded expectations. Oddly enough, despite the great results, players like Sanchez and Ramsey have actually slightly under-acheived. Obviously FM shouldn't be confused with real life, but its an indication that the club has a very good squad going forward when we aren't totally riddled with injuries. I haven't had the test of real injury problems though.

Interestingly, the only players to have been significantly impacted on by any DB updates I've downloaded are either kids or play for other teams. I think Sanchez had a little boost, and possibly Ramsey's shooting (though that may have been training focus combined with CA boost due to games played). Other than that the first team is as the Vanilla DB ships plus the signings of Balanta, Jones, Rodrigues in p/ex and of course Pogba (who hasn't actually made that much difference yet).

There have been a couple of times that I've just been lucky, particulary with Everton in both cups with them also playing the Europa League, allowing me to get away with some good squad rotation.

But a variation on this tactical set up has always had me win with Arsenal on the recent FM's, and perhaps being such a sad football spanner means I've always had a fair idea of what I want to do without relying too much on forums etc (bar finding out about great 17 year olds!)....I've also been an SI customer since 1992, and have very happy memories of winning the European Cup with Barnet! I also remember signing Rob Taylor from Brentford and him getting 70 goals one year in CM around the 97/97 season!

you got a screenshot of the tactic/s you use always interested to look at others and try them out myself

standard DB and was in jan 2017

April 2015 REVIEW

6/4/15 - Premier League (A)

Burnley 1 - Arsenal 3 - Walcott (30), Ozil (41, 53) - Tighter than it looked

11/4/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 4 -2 Stoke - Wilshere (4), Giroud (66), Sisto (77), Oxlade-Chamberlain (82). A very even game decided from 2-1 down, but we just about shaved all areas of the match.

14/4/15 - Champion's League Quarter Final Leg 1 (A)

Chelsea 1 -3 Arsenal - Sanchez (24,38), Welbeck (34). Played a more defensive formation and TI's for this one hoping to get a draw, and exceeded all expecations...out Mourinho-ed Mourinho...their goal was a shot that hit the post, hit the keeper and went in. Probably my most pleasing performance of the season.

19/4/15 - FA Cup Semi Final (N)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea Sanchez - DaSilva o.g (22), Rosicky (57). Incredibly tight game settled by a brilliant Rosicky free-kick, which took me as much by surprise as it did the Chelsea Keeper. No idea who DaSilva is let alone why he was playing.

22/4/15 - Champion's League Quarter Final Leg 2 (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Chelsea - Ozil (24), Cazorla (50). - went with the same more conservative approach and picked them off on the counter. Hazard hit the post twice!

26/4/15 - Premier League (A)

Man City 0 - Arsenal 4 - Welbeck (21, 68, 81), Odegaard (90+1). I continue to have the hex over Man City on FM15....Welbz on fire and the kid with his first goal in the EPL.

Summary - Another great month, but partly determined by the good fortune of Chelsea having the same fixture lists as me, so they were even more tired. And in game Mourinho doesn't have the devils luck injuries.

you got a screenshot of the tactic/s you use always interested to look at others and try them out myself

Can you recommend any image hosting sites? The old one i used has started charging now.

YOu can download an old version I did from here: https://www.mediafire.com/?6erucclqyjlbeux - just needs a little tweaking, but the basic shape & TIs & PI s are there.

imgur and gyazao are the standards, I believe.

Edit: Everything's coming up Farnsworth at the moment. Had a big ol' row with Serge Gnabry and Mario Gotze, who are upset that I wasn't nice to the team when they conceded a first-half hat trick to Danny Ings in the League Cup. And Jonathan Silva has just been sent off in the eight minute against Liverpool at Anfield. Hopefully my strike partnership of Josh Murphy and Romelu Lukaku can drag us through. They've been crazy good so far this season. And Nkoulou has gotten a red for Liverpool just before half so maybe I have a chance!

Murphy has 7 in 4, Lukaku 9 in 5. I don't know that I'd have a point without the two of them.

May & June 2015 REVIEW

2/5/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 4 -1 Newcastle - Oxlade Chamberlain (17), Balanta (34), Diaby (38,43). Actually a tight game, marred by an injury to Rosicky. Diaby with 2 absolute rockets to win the match.

5/5/15 - Champion's League Semi Final Leg 1 (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Juventus - Welbeck (6, 35). Comfortable enough against a Juve who sold Pogba to me, Marchisio to Chelsea and had Pirlo injured in the 6th minute.

9/5/15 - Premier League (A)

Liverpool 1 -2 Arsenal - Belerin (54), Podolski (63). A good fight-back after Kolo had given them the lead. Actually a lot like the real life anfield game this season, without the last minute goal conceded. We were out-played but the right back and centre-forward scored.

13/5/15 - Champion's League Semi Final Leg 2 (A)

Juventus 1 - 1 Arsenal - Ozil (75). Great break away goal by Ozil put through by Welbeck (like the goal at villa this year). Pereyra, who will join me on a bosman, got a last minute equaliser for the hosts. I did as against Chelsea and shut the game down.

16/5/15 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 3 - 1 Aston Villa - Ramsey (24), Munir (54), Walcott (56). Could have been 6 or 7, but Guzan was good.

24/5/14 - Premier League (A)

Chelsea 1 - 3 Arsenal - Podolski (12), Welbeck (71,74) - The 100% EPL record preserved by a full strength side bar Cazorla by using exactly the same template as I had done in the ECL. Hazard was dangerous as ever, but tbh buying Marchisio seems to have screwed their midfield balance. P 38 W 38....+123 GD

30/05/15 - FA Cup Final (N)

West Ham 1 - 4 Arsenal - Sanogo (25), Rosicky (44), Sisto (72), Akpom (79). Was expecting a tough game for my second string, but Alex Song proved he's still a gooner by getting sent off for Mowing someone down in midfield after 14 minutes for a West Ham side already struggling with not being able to play Jenks. Destroyed them down the flanks.

6/6/15 - Champion's League Final Leg (N)

Bayern Munich 0 - 2 Arsenal - Gibbs (34), Walcott (44). Before the match I was asked how Bayern would cope without Lewandowski and Ribery. Publicly I said 'They'll be fine'...privately I thought 'SWEEEET!' - so it proved, reduced to playing Muller out wide left and the ancient Pizzaro up front, Bayern became an ultimate tika-taka failure. They had lots of the ball and barely had a chance. Robben managed to get about 6 of my players booked though! Gibbs's goal was a screamer from the edge of the box, and Walcott's was a tap in from 4 yards after a scramble.....My previous FM ECL finals have all been epic...this was a damp squib to be honest.

So...a perfect first season. Only 3 real first teamers signed, A quadruple and a 100% domestic record. Not sure where to go from here, other than try to re-build the squad with more home-grown players and fight off the 2nd & 3rd season bounce the AI has re your tactics.

Star men -

Cazorla - 31+2 Appearances - 19 goals, 19 assists - Ave= 8.12

Alexis - 38 Appearances - 21 goals, 29 Assists - Ave = 8.08

Ozil - 36+1 Appearances - 21 goals, 13 Assists - 8.01

Welbeck - 36 appearances - 41 goals, 16 Assits, 7.97 (and composure up to 12!)

If I can work out the screen shots I'll post any, people are intersted in seeing.

FM15 Season 1 Review

So it's been so delayed. Starting new season tomorrow!

PRE SEASON

We had an indifferent Pre-Season losing two of the five games. In the Emirates Cup we were better and easily beat United 3-0 before seeing off Boca on Penalties.

We followed it up with an excellent win over Manchester City in the Community Shield. Khedira and Munir making their debuts.

SQUAD

I brought in a few players but only Khedira Romero and Balanta featured much in the first team.

Szczesny OspinaGibbs Monreal Debuchy Chambers Koscielny Mertersacker Balanta Podolski Cazorla Chamberalin Walcott Wilshere Khedira Ramsey Romero Ozil Sanchez Giroud Welbeck

PREMIER LEAGUE

We won the league by six points scoring 108 goals. We did however concede 42 which I will try and improve next season. Highlights included beating Chelsea 5-1, Swansea 7-0 Man United 4-0 and Liverpool 6-1. We beat Spurs 5-3 at White hart Lane to win the League.

WLWLWWWWWWWWDDLWWWLWWWWWDWWWWWWWDWDWWW

Home - Played 19 Won 17 Drawn 2 Lost 0 Goals For 63 Goals Against 14 Points 53

Away - Played 19 Won 12 Drawn 3 Lost 4 Goals for 45 Goals against 28 Points 39

Overall - Played 38 Won 29 Drawn 5 Lost 4 Goals for 108 Goals against 42 Points 92

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

1. Arsenal 92 Points

2. Chelsea 86 Points

3. Man Utd 75 Points

4. Everton 74 Points

5. Liverpool 73 Points

6. Man City 64 Points

7. Tottenham 61 points

8. QPR 60 Points

------------------------------

18. Burnley 30 Points

19. Leicester 28 Points

20.Sunderland 25 Points

Season Awards

Goals

Podolski 31 Aguero 22 Falcao 20

Assists

Courtinho 13 Hazard 13 Costa 13 (5th - Ramsey 10)

MOM

Podolski 12 Remy 6 Jedinak 5

Average Rating

Podolski 7.84 Ramsey 7.53 Koscielny 7.49

Clean Sheets

Courtois 15 Howard 14 Fabianski 13 (8th - Szczesny 9)

Team of the year

Courtois Baines [Mertersacker Koscielny Rafael Podolski Ozil Ramsey Chamberlain Falcao Aguero

Subs: De Gea Jagielka Hazard Yamolenko Balotelli Remy Gibbs

Footballer of the year – Lucas Podolski

Players player of the year – Eden Hazard

Manager of the year – Kinglara

Young Player of the year – Aaron Ramsey

Golden Golves – Thibaut Courtois

Goal of the season – Paulinio vs Everton

Monthly awards

August – Player – Aguero – Young Player – Ward-Prowse - Manager - Mourinho

September – Player – Long – Young Player - Chamberlain – Manager - Mourinho

October – Player – Podolski- Young Player - Berahino - Manager - Kinglara

November – Player – Giroud Young Player - Flanagan - Manager - Rodgers

December – Player – Falcao Young Player - Chamberlain - Manager – Mourinho

January – Player Yamolenko Young Player - Powell - Manager - KingLara

February – Player – Cazorla – Young Player - Sterling - Manager - Kinglara

March – Player – Sigurdsson Young Player – Barkley - Manager – Kinglara

April – Player – Podolski Young Player – Ward-Prowse- Manager – Van Gaal

May – Player – Podolski - Young Player - Chamberlain - Manager - KingLara

Other Competitions

In the Champions League we came second in the group to Napoli after losing to them and cska and drawing both games against Steau. In the knockout stages we thrashed Gelsenkirchen before beating Barcelona on away goals. In the Semi we eased past Juventus before being completely outplayed by Bayern but somehow winning.

In the Fa Cup We hit West Hma and Carlisle for five before overcome Wigan to reach the quarters. Again we struggled but beat Brighton 1-0. In the Semi-Final we beat Spurs by the same score but lost the final to Liverpool.

The League Cup saw us beat Leicester and QPR before an excellent win over Chelsea in the Quarters. Wigan were brushed aside in the Semis before we beat Liverpool 5-4 in a classic.

The season began with the Community Shield against Man City. We ran out easy winners 4-1

Full Appearances 14/15 – Played/Goals-clean sheets/Assists/MOM/Average Rating

Debuchy 55-1-7-0-7.18

Koscielny – 53-3-2-6-7.51

Szczesny – 52-15-0-0-7.03

Mertersacker - 52-1-3-1-7.34

Khedira – 49(3)-1-10-0-7.34

Gibbs – 49-0-12-0-7.37

Ramsey – 48(8)-5-17-2-7.41

Podolski – 45(1)-39-12-14-7.64

Ozil - 43(10)-10-13-3-7.30

Chamberlain – 41(19)-20-10-3-7.24

Giroud – 34(7) – 27-6-3-7.29

Sanchez – 27(19)-11-10-3-7.17

Wilshere - 25(23)-3-5-0-6.98

Walcott – 22(16)-18-7-5-7.42

Welbeck – 22(12)-18-12-4-7.29

Cazorla – 19(16)-13-8-3-7.48

Balanta – 19(10)-4-1-2-7.33

Monreal – 18(1)-1-0-1-7.24

Chambers – 15(3)-0-1-1-7.04

Ospina – 14(1)-5-1-0-6.97

Romero – 11(8)-0-2-0-7.02

Rosicky – 5(2)-0-2-0-6.89

Lugano – 3(1)-0-0-0-7.25

Traore – 2(3)-0-2-0-6.90

Munir – 1(4)-1-1-0-7.0

Diaby – 1-1-0-0-8.30

Campbell – 1-0-0-0-6.4

Samper – 0(3)-0-0-0-6.75

REINFORCEMENTS

Will sell some dead wood and try and bring in a few youngsters.

Not sure about major signings but there are always a few surprises.

Has anyone found a good long-term replacement for Mertesacker?

Koscielny is asking to leave at the end of the season and I already have Umtiti developing well who will slot in nicely at that DCL slot. I need a new backup defender, ideally a youngster who can replace Mertesacker.

Umtiti's size means I need someone big and physical. I'd love someone decent on the ball as well.

ccdb852b-351e-4493-85cf-20d6f5d3c3b6_zps6df2e75c.jpg

September Report

02/09/17 | Barclays Premier League | Madejski Stadium

Arsenal 1 ( Zivkovic 17 , Wilshere S/O 78)

Reading 0

16/09/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Munir Inj 14, Kosicelny 29 , Sterling 43, Berhino 58 , Cresswell O/G 60)

Southampton 1 ( Rodriguez 75)

19/09/17 | UEFA Champions League | Stade Velodrome

Arsenal 1 ( Zivkovic 48)

PSG 0

24/09/17 | Barclays Premier League | Etihad Stadium

Arsenal 1 ( Munir 81)

Man City 0 ( Aguero MISS PEN 21)

27/09/17 | Carling Cup( Third Rd) | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Munir PEN 78 , Giroud 114)

Peterborough 1 ( Burgess 11)

30/09/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Wilshere 48 & 51 , Giroud 61 & 84)

Chelsea 1 ( Martinez 75)

DECEMBER 2014 REVIEW

Fixtures

(Comments where relevant and memory serves)

3/12/14 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Everton - Arteta (67), Mertesacker (85)

Everton came and parked a bus, we looked off the pace and lacked cohesion, required some timely goals form the two captains to grab all three points.

6/12/14 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Aston Villa - Munir (43), Cazorla (51)

Rotated side for this one. Munir continues his good development, and is really beginning to ask questions of Giroud's role at the club. Santi got on the sheet, but with his mediocre form, I must wonder if it is due to me agreeing him to discuss a contract with Juventus should they come in with an offer.

9/12/14 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 1 - 1 CSKA Moscow - Giroud (37)

While this was a complete dead rubber and I did continue to rest key players, after our goal things just became very loose and it seemed only a matter of time before they would score, it took most of the rest of the game, but it eventually did happen in the last 3 minutes. Frustrating stuff.

13/12/14 – Premier League (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Chelsea - Wilshere (58), Munir (84)

Big match of the month. A lot was said in the build up, but I think I got my side more revved up. The game had a lot of promise, but Chelsea played extremely negative so it was a match showcasing our ability to beat our way through a brick wall. Jack knows the importance of such a match and duly obliged. Munir merely confirmed the result. Hi Jose.

16/12/14 – Capital One Cup QF (H)

Arsenal 1 - 2 Norwich - Campbell (2)

I guess a loss had to come eventually, and on face value, it probably came at the least cost. However this was one of the main competitions for youth development, so it is a shame to go out like this. That said, it was mainly a youth side that lost it. No real complaints. Norwich played us off the park. Embarrassing.

20/12/14 – Premier League (A)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester - Ramsey (34), Ozil(72)

A run of the mill victory really. Was good to see stalwart midfielders Ozil and Ramsey score, they really deserve it as both have been outstanding this season, but haven't found themselves involved in much of the glory events.

26/12/14 – Premier League (H)

Arsenal 1 - 0 Stoke - Welbeck (39)

Stoke doing what Stoke does best. Really struggled for a break through and funnily enough it was lumping the ball into the box that got us our goal. From then on we dominated, but they put on a stellar show of last ditch tackles and blocks. Points went the right way in the end.

28/12/14 – Premier League (A)

Arsenal 3 - 0 Southampton - Podolski (27,37), Giroud (44)

With City away coming up, this match was somewhat overshadowed, yet was still an important fixture. Due to the congested schedule I had to play a half rotated side which saw Podolski get his first start in sometime in a German duo on the wings. Ozil set up both of Lukas's goals, and it really does give me some selection problems as the German is just soo damn lethal, perhaps exactly what I will be needing away to City.

Summary

Disappointing result in the COC but I knew it was going to be a tough month, and achieved my goal of max points in the league. However I am beginning to get a little concerned over our performances as a whole, really lacking a lot of penetration, but I am sticking with my tactics as I believe it is due to the some of my players lacking the PPMs they are still learning. As long as the results keep coming I am prepared to stick with the status quo. Alexis has dropped off this month which is a pity, I doubt he wins any of the major awards now, perhaps the pressure got to him a little, but the squad depth as really come through this month.

January Transfer Window plans

Not real plans Incoming wise. I intend to stick with the squad as is. I got a nice surprise realizing Lucas Romero's loan back at Velez ends in Jan so we will really have good depth in the midfield. Usually this would be a problem, but I am finding you really have to rotate your squad in FM15 as fitness levels are a lot harder to maintain.

Cazorla is generating interest and as I mentioned previously I have told him I will let him go to a 'larger' club should an offer come in. Don't get me wrong he is very useful, but I have a lot of options in his areas and I don't want an upset player.

Premier League Table

1. Arsenal - 19 - 55

2. Man Utd - 19 - 47

3. Spurs - 19 - 44

4. Chelsea - 19 - 41

------------------------

5. Everton - 19 - 34

6. Liverpool - 19 - 34

------------------------

7. QPR - 19 - 30

8. Man City - 19 - 30

Champions League QF Draw

.................. Real Madrid! Great, winning our group really paid off..... Will be a struggle, but I think we have shown we can play with the best this season, so I somewhat welcome the challenge.

Top Performers

Oxlade Chamberlain [15(3)] - 11 Gls, 4 Ast, 4.29 Dpg, 7.63 AvgR

Alexis [20(1)] - 12 Gls, 9 Ast, 7.85 Dpg, 35 KeyP, 7.77 AvgR

Ozil [16(2)] - 3 Gls, 9 Ast, 62 KeyP, 7.74 AvgR

Giroud [11(6)] - 10 Gls, 5 Ast, 27 KeyP, 7.37 AvgR

Podolski [11(7)] - 5 Gls, 6 Ast, 7.28 AvgR

Once again mainly attackers. Kind of hard to filter out who to include as there is a large number who have solid yet unspectacular stats. I would love to get a bit of consitency especially in attack but am determined to stick with our current setup as it is so strong defensively. Tweaks will be made though and I have spent a large amount of time going through players PPMs and tweaking a few PIs.

January

PRM Man City (A)

FAC Leyton Orient (A) (3rd Rnd)

PRM Burnley (H)

PRM Sunderland (H)

PRM West Brom (H)

Not too busy a month. Big break between the Sunderland and West Brom matches. Start out tough with City away, who are struggling in the league and we have got the better of twice, yet easily have the quality to be a tough matchup. FA Cup gives the youth a chance again, and I am considering giving them this comp as the league is looking very positive for a trophy.

Has anyone found a good long-term replacement for Mertesacker?

Umtiti's size means I need someone big and physical. I'd love someone decent on the ball as well.

Niklas Sule would be my recommendation. I'm currently running a Bundesliga online game with my old man, myself as Hoffenheim. He is already a joker at age 19. Hugely aggressive, physical defender and undoubtedly will progress to one of the best - he has improved a lot based on my 3rd season Arsenal file, where I'm considering a purchase.

The 'dives into tackles' PI is worth considering as a potential negative, but more than overwrote by his solid distribution and sheer force of physicality.

Niklas Sule would be my recommendation. I'm currently running a Bundesliga online game with my old man, myself as Hoffenheim. He is already a joker at age 19. Hugely aggressive, physical defender and undoubtedly will progress to one of the best - he has improved a lot based on my 3rd season Arsenal file, where I'm considering a purchase.

The 'dives into tackles' PI is worth considering as a potential negative, but more than overwrote by his solid distribution and sheer force of physicality.

What a great recommendation. Thank you!! Exactly what I am after. Putting in a bid.

Can you recommend any image hosting sites? The old one i used has started charging now.

YOu can download an old version I did from here: https://www.mediafire.com/?6erucclqyjlbeux - just needs a little tweaking, but the basic shape & TIs & PI s are there.

used this with a few tweaks worked great so far 5-0, 4-0 & 5-2 wins

Archived