FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2014/15 - February

PRM - Arsenal 1-0 Aston Villa - Welbeck

FA - Arsenal 1-1 aet Chelsea - Courtois og - Arsenal win 3-1 on penalties.

PRM - Tottenham 2-2 Arsenal - Giroud (2)

PRM - Arsenal 3-0 Leicester - Chamberlain, Rosicky, Welbeck

FA - Arsenal 3-1 Leeds - Chamberlain, Walcott, Chambers

UCL - Napoli 1-1 Arsenal - Giroud

PRM - Crystal Palace 1-0 Arsenal

Premier League

Sitting 3rd, level on points with 2nd place Tottenham, 3 behind leaders Man Utd after disappointing defeat to Crystal Palace. First loss since Swansea in November.

Champions League

Dominated away leg against Napoli, took the lead, but failed to make it count.

FA Cup

Epic shootout win against Chelsea, beat Leeds in round 5, but now an away trip to Old Trafford in Round 6.

Are you mad! Pre-contract! Don't let anyone else get in there!

not mad just wanting to save money If I let it run out I'll have to pay less in wages still I might make an approach for him see how much he wants make a decision from there. Ibra on too much and I've got enough in striking department so not really a risk

I would be careful about shipping out Mertesacker and Monreal in the first season, Arsenal are very short on defenders, so just make sure you have players coming in before you let those leave.

i got balanta and alaba 1st season . so shouldn't be much of a problem

Any recommendations for Midfield and left wing apart from Tielemans who i'm already pursuing?

Looking to replace Arteta and Podolski in the near future.

cant go wrong with either lucas romero or gaston romero (or both) in centre mid

left wing i bought januzaj from man utd and he's my top assister and 2nd top scorer

Season 2014/15 - March

PRM - Arsenal 2-0 Everton - Wilshere, Welbeck

PRM - QPR 2-0 Arsenal

FA - Man Utd 2-4 Arsenal - Alexis, Cazorla, Walcott, Chamberlain

UCL - Arsenal 1-1 aet Napoli - Wilshere - 2-2 on aggregate, 1-1 on away goals - Napoli won 4-3 on penalties

PRM - Arsenal 2-0 West Ham - Giroud, Song og

PRM - Newcastle 0-2 Arsenal - Alexis, Arteta (p)

Champions League

Really disappointed to go out. We outplayed Napoli in both games, took the lead in both games, conceded an irritating equaliser in both games and just couldn't find a way through. Misses in the shootout by Arteta, Cazorla & Walcott were very costly and we were eliminated in the Knockout Round.

FA Cup

A thrilling comeback, from 2-0 down against Man Utd away at half time to win 4-2 in convincing fashion, with a rotated side. Januzaj scored 2 goals in the opening 12 minutes, and we had to fight to get back into the game. We started after the break and fully deserved to win. Our reward for knocking out both Chelsea and Man Utd, is Liverpool in the Semi Final, with Fulham v Sunderland in the other Semi Final.

Premier League

We have a 4-way title fight with 8 games to go. The league table:

1 - Man Utd - 30 - +34 - 66

2 - Arsenal - 30 - +29 - 65

3 - Tottenham - 29 - +31 - 62

4 - Chelsea - 30 - +27 - 56

The run in's are:

Arsenal - (H) Liverpool, (A) Burnley, (H) Sunderland, (H) Chelsea, (A) Hull, (H) Swansea, (A) Man Utd, (H) West Brom

Man Utd - (H) Aston Villa, (H) Man City, (A) Chelsea, (A) Everton, (H) West Brom, (A) Crystal Palace, (H) Arsenal, (A) Hull

Tottenham - (A) Burnley, (A) QPR, (H) Aston Villa, (A) Newcastle, (A) Southampton), (H) Man City, (A) Stoke, (H) Hull, (A) Everton

Chelsea - (H) Stoke, (A) QPR, (H) Man Utd, (A) Arsenal, (H) Crystal Palace, (H) Liverpool, (A) West Brom, (H) Sunderland

I would be careful about shipping out Mertesacker and Monreal in the first season, Arsenal are very short on defenders, so just make sure you have players coming in before you let those leave.

Also, I think Mertesacker is very popular with the other players so that could potentially be a problem too. In my 6th season I've got him as a player/coach, he staff attributes are coming along nicely too. He is also a club legend in game - even though I've won 8 trophies in 5 seasons and I'm nothing :p

Mertesacker has been stellar for myself, Club Captain too.

I'd be very wary about letting that experience and raw defensive capability walk out the door. Much more important than his lack of pace to my mind. For his aerials, positioning, concentration, anticipation and marking there can't be many better on the game. In addition to being an Arsenal fan, he is the sort of character I would want to progress into a staff role.

Giroud is also worth retaining, really adaptable striker in my set up.

Having loosely followed some of your other threads Cleon, it would be interesting to see you attempt an Arsenal save. The Invincibles are such an iconic group of players.

Season 2014/15 - April

PRM - Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool - Giroud

PRM - Burnley 0-1 Arsenal - Welbeck

FA - Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool - Giroud

PRM - Arsenal 1-0 Sunderland - Koscielny

PRM - Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea - Arteta (p)

FA Cup

Final - Arsenal v Fulham

We beat Liverpool in the Semi Final thanks to a very scrappy goal by Giroud. We fully deserved to win the game though and were always in control. We are clear favourites for the final to retain the trophy.

Premier League

1 - Arsenal - 34 - +32 - 75

2 - Tottenham - 34 - +40 - 73

3 - Man Utd - 34 - +35 - 71

It's only a 2 point gap to Spurs, and a 4 point gap to Man Utd. We each have 4 games left. We were lucky to draw at home to Chelsea. We were playing well, appearing in a reasonable amount of control, when a defensive error allowed Andre Schurrle to score with 12 minutes left. Within 2 minutes we had earned a dubious penalty through substitute Danny Welbeck, and Mikel Arteta scored to give us a priceless point.

Run-In

Arsenal - (A) Hull, (H) Swansea, (A) Man Utd, (H) West Brom

Tottenham - (H) Man City, (A) Stoke, (H) Hull, (A) Everton

Man Utd - (H) West Brom, (A) Crystal Palace, (H) Arsenal, (A) Hull

Spurs have Europa League football to contend with too. They have a tough game at home to Man City, and tough trips to Stoke & Everton. Man Utd host my Gunners side in the penultimate game. Hopefully I can win the league at Old Trafford if fortune favours me!

I'm so tempted to play as Arsenal especially as I'm trying to replicate the Invincibles for a project I'm currently working on.

I would love to read about this.

llama3 Good to see you getting some good game time in, enjoy your sharp updates. Really unlucky with the Napoli loss. Looks like it will be an epic end to the season, all roads pointing to that fixture at OT.

Regarding Ozil, I have been finding him brilliant no matter where I stick him. So far for me he has played as a WMa cutting inside, a CMa picking the ball up deep and bringing it forward, a WPa playing pretty similar to the WMa and as a RPs from CM. I am yet to play a formation with a true AM so can't really comment there.

Fact is, he is just such a danger whenever he gets the ball, very aggressive with his decisions, and while never leading the team in passes (I usually have at least two other playmaker roles) he is usually up there and is by far and away providing the most key passes.

Spurs just lost to Man City, so my Hull game could send me another 3 points further ahead with 3 games left if I win. Agreed a deal to sign John Stones at last (confirmed about 6 months later than planned), and also confirmed deal to sign William Carvalho. So most of my summer deals are already done. I don't need to bring in anything else. Outside chance of replacing Monreal, and outside chance of replacing Cazorla - but only if the player decides to go, and I get a replacement. Otherwise, happy to go as I am.

Ah that is a good result for you then.

How much is Carvalho going to cost you?

I got John Stones at the end of the first transfer window. Wasn't actually targeting him or even another CB for that matter, but due to the differences in how the U21 Squad works in this version (see below) I decided to push Bellerin into that side and have Chambers as backup RB.

Was negotiating for another player when I saw Stones would cost me something reasonable (sorry at work so can't recall exact amount) and jumped on that. Been very solid so far, having had to cover for an injured Per. On that note, so glad I didn't try to roll with only one new CB signing, finding in FM15 that my CBs are often really tired, and pretty sure I am not asking them to do anything out of the ordinary tactically wise.

*Been asking my friend google this question, but without much luck. In previous versions I usually leave the U21 team empty and then have a reasonably large U18 squad and a few players in my first team squad declared as available for Reserves. That way the U18 players get U21 games along with the players that come down from the first team.

In FM15 if I do this the squad just gets filled with Regens. Not ideal, not the biggest issue as I just promote the stronger U18s and move my fringe players (Akpom, Bellerin et al) down into U21s. Still odd it has changed.

Ah that is a good result for you then.

How much is Carvalho going to cost you?

I got John Stones at the end of the first transfer window. Wasn't actually targeting him or even another CB for that matter, but due to the differences in how the U21 Squad works in this version (see below) I decided to push Bellerin into that side and have Chambers as backup RB.

Was negotiating for another player when I saw Stones would cost me something reasonable (sorry at work so can't recall exact amount) and jumped on that. Been very solid so far, having had to cover for an injured Per. On that note, so glad I didn't try to roll with only one new CB signing, finding in FM15 that my CBs are often really tired, and pretty sure I am not asking them to do anything out of the ordinary tactically wise.

*Been asking my friend google this question, but without much luck. In previous versions I usually leave the U21 team empty and then have a reasonably large U18 squad and a few players in my first team squad declared as available for Reserves. That way the U18 players get U21 games along with the players that come down from the first team.

In FM15 if I do this the squad just gets filled with Regens. Not ideal, not the biggest issue as I just promote the stronger U18s and move my fringe players (Akpom, Bellerin et al) down into U21s. Still odd it has changed.

Stones for about £18m, and Carvalho for about £21.5m (including agent stake). Took my time scouting for the players I wanted all season.

I have Jenkinson coming back in the summer too, and I am keen to keep him.

The game at Old Trafford ended in a 5-0 defeat! We were hammering them for opening 20 minutes, then they broke and scored. They repeated the trick a few minutes later. Eventually they hammered us! They lost to Crystal Palace the week before. So I am still a point ahead of Man Utd going into final round of fixtures, and my goal difference was a lot lower anyway.

However...

Tottenham beat Hull 2-1, so are top by a point with a game to go!

Final fixtures

Arsenal v West Brom

Everton v Tottenham

Hull v Man Utd

Season Update 2014/15 - May

PRM - Hull 1-0 Arsenal

PRM - Arsenal 2-1 Swansea - Alexis, Wilshere

PRM - Man Utd 5-0 Arsenal

PRM - Arsenal 1-0 West Brom - Ramsey

FA - Arsenal 2-0 Fulham - Welbeck, Alexis

Premier League

1 - Arsenal - +28 - 81

2 - Tottenham - +41 - 80

3 - Man Utd - +41 - 80

4 - Chelsea - +40 - 74

Champions League - Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd, Chelsea

Europa League - Everton, Man City, Fulham

Relegated - Southampton, Sunderland, Burnley

Promoted - Huddersfield, Norwich, Cardiff

On the final day of the season, I began 1 point behind Tottenham who lead. We took an early lead through Aaron Ramsey and couldn't find our way through anymore, but it was enough as Spurs drew 0-0 at Everton. Champions!

FA Cup

Won the FA Cup 2-0. Took about 70 minutes to make the breakthrough, but it was relatively comfortable in the final few minutes as Alexis finished it off. We were indebted to David Ospina for keeping us level earlier in the game though.

We won the double!

Champions League

Final - Chelsea v Real Madrid

Community Shield

Winners - Arsenal (beat Man City)

Capital One Cup

Winners - Tottenham (Southampton)

898db8e6-b89d-4015-90e4-8729c9c8491b_zps7fcc3d0c.jpg

January Report

arsenal1_zps808d22b1.jpg

02/01/17 | Barclays Premier League | Etihad

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero 7 RB: Chambers 7 RCB: Stones 7.1 LCB: Doria 7.1 LB: Taylor 6.9 MCR: Bäron 6.8 MCL: Blin 6.4( Kondogbia 45/6.6) MR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.1 ML: Sterling 7.8(MoM) STCR: Berahino 6.3( Zivkovic 51/6.7) STCL: Malcolm 6.4( Alexis 57/6.6)

Arsenal 0

Man City 0

08/01/17 | F.A Cup( Third Rd) | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Milankovic Savic 7.8 RB: Chambers 8.7 RCB: Doria© 7.6( Gomez 45/6.9) LCB: Vannucci 9 LB: Gibbs 8.8 MCR: Blin 8.7 MCL: Pogba 9.1 AMR: Campbell 9.6 AML: Alexis 9.9(MoM - Zivkovic 45/6.8) STCR: Malcolm 9.2 STCL: Berahino 8( Munir 71/8.5)

Arsenal 8[/b] ( Alexis 3 & 5 & PEN 25 & 26 , Campbell 45+1 & 66, Munir 72 & 82 | Assts: Pogba x1 , Zivkovic x1 , Berahino x1 , Campbell x2 , Malcom x2 )

Burnley 1 ( Barnes 57)

11/01/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero 7.6 RB: Chambers 7.6 RCB: Koscielny 7.5( Stones 7.9) LCB: Doria© 7.8 LB: Taylor 7.5 MCR: Kondogbia 7.5 MCL: Pogba 8.5( Wilshere 68/6.7) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.1( Alexis 74/6.7) AML: Sterling 8.6 STCR: Munir 7.3 STCL: Giroud 8.7(MoM)

Arsenal 3 ( Giroud 20 , Munir 22 , Sterling 46 | Assts: Pogba x1 , Sterling x1 , Giroud x1)

Liverpool 0

15/01/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Milankovic Savic 7 RB: Stones 7.2 RCB: Gomez 7 LCB: Henrique 7.3 LB: Yenga 6.8( Dede 80) MCR: Anton 6.9 MCL: Arteta© 7(Bäron 68/6.8) MR: Alexis 7 ML: Sterling 7.3 STCR: Zivkovic 8.4(MoM) STCL: Berahino 7.8

Arsenal 2 ( Zivkovic 70 , Berahino 80 | Assts: Zivkovic x1 , Alexis x1)

Norwich 0 ( Martin Inj 34)

21/01/17 | F.A Cup( Forth Rd) | Keepmoat Stadium

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero 7.5 RB: Chambers 8.8( Stones 69/6.7) RCB: Koscielny 8.7 LCB: Doria© 9 LB: Taylor 8.6 MCR: Kondogbia 8.3( Wilshere 63/6.7) MCL: Pogba 8.4 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 9.2( Alexis 63/6.7) AML: Sterling 9.4 STCR: Munir 9.7(MoM) STCL: Giroud 9

Arsenal 6 ( Munir 2 , Sterling 11 & 13 , Lewis O/G 28 , Munir 48 & 57 | Assts: Oxlade-Chamberlain x2 , Giroud x1 , Munir x1)

Doncaster Rovers 0

29/01/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Romero 7.1 RB: Chambers 7 RCB: Kjær 6.4( Stones 63/6.8) LCB: Kosicelny© 7.2 LB: Taylor 7.3 MCR: Kondogbia 7( Wilshere 72/6.8) MCL: Pogba 7.6 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 9 AML: Sterling 9.2(MoM) STCR: Munir 9 STCL: Giroud 9.2

Arsenal 5 ( Giroud 1 , Sterling 14 , Munir 35 , Giroud 59 , Sterling 66 | Assts: Munir x2 , Giroud x1 , Oxlade-Camberlain x1)

Sundrland 2 ( Helenius 30 , Giaccherini 60)

arsenal1_zps1574d2ad.jpgarsenal2_zps19d33b47.jpg

Arsenal3_zpsac9f7377.jpg

U-21's Update

The U-21 Are Currently 1st on goal difference in the U-21 Group 1(South). Chelsea second Spurs third 3 pts behind. Chelsea have an easier run-in and we've got to plays spurs away with 4 games remaining for all three. Europe was very poor finishing bottom of the group win only a single win. On a happier note we have a home u-21 cup semi-final Tie against Cardiff if we win we'll play Bolton or Blackburn in the final.

u-18's Update

The U-18's have won The U-21 Group 1 South with 2 games remaining. However we suffered a disappointing 3-1 third round defeat to Fulham at home in the U-18's Cup. Lakhdar Zouak got 14 goals the third highest & most assists with 13 he had the fifth highest average rating with 7.63

Just drew 3-3 at home to Palace. Went 3-1 down, battered their goal relentlessly yet had to rely on three penalties to get something out of the game. Can't decide if it's my strikers that are crap finishers or whether finishing in general isn't what it should on this patch.

Now 10 points behind Chelsea with 13 games to go and they're not relenting at all.

Time for me to get on the posting updates bandwagon - Going to keep them simple so I will be more likely to keep doing them!

Season 2014-2015

Transfers In:

Éder Álvarez Balanta - £4.6m plus addons

Sergi Samper - £10.25m release clause

Munir - £10.25m release clause

John Stones - £11m plus addons

Lucas Romero - £5m plus Loan Back

Tranfers Out:

Francois Coquelin - £1m to Crystal Palace

I initially decided I wanted to look for a CB and DM as seems standard. Balanta and Romero transfers were agreed, but foolishly overlooked Loan Back clause for Romero, so brought in Samper for immediate relief. Flamini will likely be off next season and Arteta will have a reduced role.

I was planning on letting Campbell or Sanogo go out on loan so brought in Munir, who more suits the abilities required for my strikers anyway. However Sanogo picked up a long term injury and Campbell has been retained for cover on the wings. I also have shunted Akpom down to the reserves as I want to have an U21 side that doesn't include Regens. Likewise Sanogo will see time down there too.

Tactics:

I will be mainly using a 4-5-1 that I have been tinkering with. Seems to be pretty solid defensively and decent enough going forward.

First games up next....

Llama, you can explain to me how your Arsenal play (tactically - short way, saving words - and the usual first team) ? You can show us the final image of your squad (global statistics)? :) Thanks!

...And congratulations for the guide that you created! It's awesome!

I have 2 main systems:

4-1-4-1 & 4-4-1-1 - Aim to try and keep the ball and probe the opposition defence. Cautious of being caught on the break, spreading play wide when I need to.

Usual XI: Szczesny; Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs; Alexis, Ramsey, Arteta, Cazorla; Ozil; Giroud - Monreal, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Walcott & Welbeck also play very frequently. I prefer being defensively solid and nicking the single goal to win a game than scoring 5 because the opponents scored 4. Strikers win games, defenders win titles.

Stats & Facts

• Conceded 28 goals (best in the league)
  • 19 Clean Sheets (best in the league)
  • Average Possession 51.79% (7th in the League)
  • Pass Completion Rate 83% (best in the league)
  • Scored 56 goals (7th in the league)
  • 20 Yellow Cards (best in the league)
  • 0 Red Cards (best in the league)
  • 2 Penalties
  • Home Record (W16, D3, L0 - 2nd in the league)
  • Away Record (W8, D6, L5 - 3rd in the league)

Stats_zpsa7abbe90.jpg

AUGUST 2014 REVIEW

Fixtures

(Comments where relevant and memory serves)

10/8/14 - Community Shield (N)

Arsenal 4 - 1 Man City - Arteta (pen 56), Giroud (74, 75), Welbeck (83)

16/8/14 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Man City - Alexis (88, 89)

We controlled this game but just couldn't find a break through until Alexis managed to force a shot through a couple of defenders into the goal. Moments later a glorious effort from just outside the box to seal the deal.

20/8/14 - Champions League BPP - Leg 1 (H)

Arsenal 6 - 1 Athletic Bilbao - Ramsey (8), Oxlade-Chamberlain (22, 46, 52, 63), Podolski (pen 85)

The Ox! I have placed a lot of faith in him this season, effectively making him first choice CM(a) in a Central Winger role. Killed this tie off in style.

23/8/14 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Burnley - Giroud (21), Wilshere (60)

26/8/14 - Champions League BPP - Leg 2 (A)

Arsenal 4 - 0 Athletic Bilbao - Alexis (1), Podolski (32), Oxlade-Chamberlain (45+1), Campbell (84)

Alexis got us off to a great start scoring within 16 seconds to set a new record. Emphatic performance over both legs from us.

30/8/14 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 1 - 0 Sunderland - Oxlade-Chamberlain (15)

Fair result, we bossed the game, but perhaps a hangover from the ECL tie cost us our sharpness. You know who grabbing the 3 points early on.

Summary

Great month all in all. Two good wins over City, CS was actually the weaker of the two performances from us overall, but a tasty scoreline nonetheless.

Great to storm through the ECL tie, wasn't nearly that confident when I saw the draw.

Other than City, yet to face tough opposition in the EPL.

September a similar story...

Champions League Group

Arsenal, Leverkusen, CSKA Moscow, Monaco

Not the easiest of groups, but still confident of progression.

September

PRM Liverpool (H)

ECL Leverkusen (H)

PRM West Brom (A)

COC QPR (H)

PRM QPR (H)

Llama3 - Interesting you play Giroud over Welbeck. Suits your style of play more I take it? I rotate between those two, Munir and Alexis dependent on opposition so far. Must say, Giroud has been making a case for that role, even though I prefer a false 9, he seems to do well in that role anyway. Welbeck has been out injured so that has made a big difference.

SEPTEMBER 2014 REVIEW

Fixtures

(Comments where relevant and memory serves)

13/9/14 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Liverpool - Ramsey (25), Debuchy (61)

We thoroughly bossed this game and were unlucky to not walk away with a more convincing game. Don't have stats on hand, but Liverpool were limited to no more than a handful of shots, and hardly any on target.

16/9/14 - Champions League GS (H)

Arsenal 2 - 0 Leverkusen - Rosicky (30), Giroud (63)

Rotation due to 3 games in 8 days. Rosicky delivering on the start given to him, score flattered us though.

20/9/14 - Premier League (A)

Arsenal 3 - 1 West Brom - Alexis (38, 64, 87)

23/9/14 - Cap One Cup 3rd Rnd (H)

Arsenal 4 - 1 QPR - Ozil (16), Green o.g. (45+1), Rosicky (51), Podolski (90)

Rotation, including some youth both starting and on the bench. Dominant performance

27/9/14 - Premier League (H)

Arsenal 3 - 2 QPR - Oxlade-Chamberlain (13), Wilshere (23, 26)

Poor. Well a great 70mins then a lapse in concentration opened the door somewhat. Scraped through.

Summary

Another great month. We are yet to drop a point. EPL is tight with Man U doing the same.

To be honest I haven't been that comfortable with a lot of performances, but the results are there.

Other than a few blips the defense has been great. Offensively we are lacking a bit of penetration at times, with the false 9 being a bit isolated so I will need to look into this soon.

Ox, Alexis and Ozil (MR well over 8 at this stage) are the top performers so far.

At the end of October will have more detailed stats.

October

ECL CSKA Moscow (A)

PRM Crystal Palace (A)

PRM West Ham (H)

ECL Monaco (H)

PRM Swansea (A)

COC Everton (A)

Thanks Llama3, Yeah I probably shouldn't be getting concerned with the offensive production considering the team will still be gelling. I think I am just envious of Man U whose GD is roughly 10 better than mine already, which is amazing considering I have only conceded 4 goals in the league!

Thanks Llama3, Yeah I probably shouldn't be getting concerned with the offensive production considering the team will still be gelling. I think I am just envious of Man U whose GD is roughly 10 better than mine already, which is amazing considering I have only conceded 4 goals in the league!

what tactic/s do you use Mark I could do with something more solid at the back

Archived