Are job offers bugged?

Do you get offered jobs from bigger clubs if you are doing well with your current club?

I know it depends on the contract you are on but I always only sign one year contracts, took Lincoln from BSP to top half of championship within a few seasons and have been offered nothing. Do I need to apply myself because I find this takes away some realism and would rather be approached.

Anybody have better luck with offers?

I didn't get a single offer in 14 seasons. Always had to apply. Partly my fault for only winning one league (and getting promotion by doing so) and getting promoted with another team. Those were my only real achievements, even though I mostly performed above average at the 5 clubs so far. Eventually I started getting into the Europa League and managed a few draws, but no wins, because we were minnows. Still no offers. As time went by, we improved every season until I won the Ukrainian equivalent of the FA Cup. I started getting invited to interviews at many clubs in top leagues in England, Spain, Italy and everywhere else.

Do you get offered jobs from bigger clubs if you are doing well with your current club?

I know it depends on the contract you are on but I always only sign one year contracts, took Lincoln from BSP to top half of championship within a few seasons and have been offered nothing. Do I need to apply myself because I find this takes away some realism and would rather be approached.

Anybody have better luck with offers?

I'm curious, why exactly does it take away realism? How often do clubs actively approach a manager who is already at a club? It's a very grey area, and a lot of the time, the managers at other clubs will apply for vacant jobs, even if this isn't made public.

With Newcastle I tend to get an absolute brash of offers 4 or 5 seasons in (from all the major English clubs and some foreign-based ones like Milan) then, after turning all of them down, never receive offers again.

With Newcastle I tend to get an absolute brash of offers 4 or 5 seasons in (from all the major English clubs and some foreign-based ones like Milan) then, after turning all of them down, never receive offers again.

No idea if this is coded in, but you rejecting the offers are maybe making them realise that you're happy at Newcastle and not looking to move?

I'm with my fourth club in five seasons now, progressively moving up from Shrewsbury to Union Berlin to Getafe and now to Dortmund.

Just had to turn down job offers from Real Madrid and Arsenal. Despite having only really won a couple of Spanish Cups and a German Cup.

I started as Strasbourg, moved on to Barcelona and now I'm at Tuttocuoio. Because I've got a World Class reputation, I've been offered interviews for several jobs while at Tuttocuoio including Sunderland, Lille, Southampton, Wolfsburg and many others I can't remember.

I've heard reports that they are bugged on this very forum. I can't be arsed to look it up though.

I'm curious, why exactly does it take away realism? How often do clubs actively approach a manager who is already at a club? It's a very grey area, and a lot of the time, the managers at other clubs will apply for vacant jobs, even if this isn't made public.

The reports claim that this particular incarnation of FM, compared to previous ones, has much much less job offers.

For your claim that the managers apply for jobs that arent made public one could easily claim that the clubs approach good managers and dont make it public.

Both arguments are equally valid, unless Abramovic or whoever owns a club comes forwards and clear it up. Until then, noone can hint what is realistic or not.

The reports claim that this particular incarnation of FM, compared to previous ones, has much much less job offers.

For your claim that the managers apply for jobs that arent made public one could easily claim that the clubs approach good managers and dont make it public.

Both arguments are equally valid, unless Abramovic or whoever owns a club comes forwards and clear it up. Until then, noone can hint what is realistic or not.

Yeah, that's a more complete answer to mine to be honest. You can't really claim either way whether it's realistic or not, and for that I wouldn't claim realism either way. The actual ins and outs of what happens when a club wants a manager is not really public information, and a bit of a black box as to who kisses who, and who fancies who.

In my opinion, I'd be more inclined to see it as managers applying for empty roles. But in the real world, I think this can be done a lot more covertly than it is in FM. Like if, say, Simeone decided he wanted the Man Utd job, there would be rumours, sure, but it wouldn't be an automatic call to the boardroom like it would be in FM. Now say Terry Butcher of Hibs gets his jotters, and Paul Hartley of Dundee decides he fancies the vacant job. In that case, I doubt you'd get much of a rumour. It would only be made public if either party made it so.

The AI Manager that declares an interest in a job almost without fail gets it.He rarely needs to resign either.

IRL a big job would have a number of top Managers linked whether in work or not they many will say I'd be interested without upsetting the current supporters as easily as the ones on FM.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone done a ''Mark Hughes'' leaving Fullham and failing to get the Villa job he expected?Although this is what usually happens to me in FM.

Hundreds? very much doubt it.

I would too if it hadn't happened to me :)

My record is 15 job offers in a week and five in one day...

I believe it's because I started with highest rep but managing a low rep club (Red Star FC). I get job offers from all over the place. I hope though that the interest in me will slow down now due to recent success.

I got promoted first season (winning the National). Took me three seasons to get promoted to Ligue 1 (winning Ligue 2). That season I got relegated but I lost the French Cup Final to PSG and as such I qualified for the Euro League the coming season. This sixth season I got promoted back again (winning Ligue 2), got to the semis in both the French Cup and French Liga Cup. I lost the Euro League Final to Barcelona (But winning against teams like Valencia, Socieadad, AC Milan and Man Utd).

I've been managing Red Star FC for six years now and have received hundreds of job offers. And no, unfortunately I'm not exaggerating.

I'm the same, I have been Manager of Slavia Prague for seven years and having made them the best club in the Czech Rep. I am constantly receiving offers when a Manager is sacked. Most of them seem to come from France and England, I keep turning them down but clubs do not seem to get the hint I am not looking to move.

Archived