[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might have been because I haven't logged into Mediafire for a while. It seems to be working for me now. Please can you give it another go.

Nope, keeps failing around 750mb downloaded. (should have mentioned it fails half way through sorry)

• 3 weeks later...

Probably about time I released an update. Loads of updates since the last release. Big updates to Russia, Ukraine and Switzerland as I have played in these nations. Lots of miscellaneous updates as well.

I also got out and added more of my own images. I went on holiday to Carcassone in southern France recently . I got really good pictures of Anfield and Goodison on the way to Liverpool airport. Also had a little adventure to Toulouse. I speak no French but grabbed a bag and jumped on a train. The stadium is about 3 miles from the train station so it was a big walk, particularily as I got minorly lost on the way back. I ended up walking about 8 miles in the end. I got some decent pictures although the stadium itself is a bit ugly. They were doing some development work as I believe it is a Euro 16 stadium.

I'm going to have a trip out next weekend and get pictures of a few of the Lancashire stadiums, particularily Old Trafford and the Etihad. I'll release the update after this.

for me, not working - by using Flut Skin Dark 2.7

( copy to ....C:\Users\PC_User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\graphics\backgrounds )

The location looks correct. Try it with the basic FM skin. If the backgrounds are visible then the issue is with the skin. If not let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
any news andrew when your update will be ready for download:)

thanks for the great work, this is one of the best extra add on for FM in many years gives a more realistic feel to the game :applause:

one more thing what skin are you using

Cheers :)

I'll have it out this weekend. Really wanted to get it out during the week but I've been really busy at work and working late. Shattered when I've been getting home.

I got some nice pictures of Old Trafford and the Etihad last weekend. Definately improved the images of the Manchester clubs.

sounds brilliant mate:thup:

can you let me know about the best skins for these backgrounds I' ve tried a few some are just a tad too dark so you cant fully enjoy those backgrounds:p

I use either Steklo or Scorpio myself. Both are very good. I actually don't mind the default FM2015 skin as well but the other two show off the backgrounds better.

• 5 weeks later...
Fought a tough relegation battle last evening; not sure I would have been successful without the realistic feel provided by your excellent collection of backgrounds. Super work, fella. Many thanks!

I've been out and about to take more images myself the past few weeks. Really pleased with some of them. Got very good pictures of the north east clubs, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle. I've taken pics of about 100 stadiums now. The best big stadium I've been to is St James' Park in my opinion, better than either of the Manchester stadiums (very disappointed by Old Trafford). Of the non-League stadiums I think that Stocksbridge Park Steels was my favourite. Wigan was the worst, very dull.

I've been out and about to take more images myself the past few weeks. Really pleased with some of them. Got very good pictures of the north east clubs, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle. I've taken pics of about 100 stadiums now. The best big stadium I've been to is St James' Park in my opinion, better than either of the Manchester stadiums (very disappointed by Old Trafford). Of the non-League stadiums I think that Stocksbridge Park Steels was my favourite. Wigan was the worst, very dull.

When I make it across the pond, I plan to see some stadiums myself. Now St. James' Park is on my list, though I'll probably try to make it to Old Trafford as well.

I'm managing a third division side in Sweden now (Västra Frölunda IF). Any Chance you could add some images? I've never created a file for any editing additions to the game, but I assume it would be quite difficult to add an image myself for a specific team and have the new image play nicely with the backgrounds pack you created.

When I make it across the pond, I plan to see some stadiums myself. Now St. James' Park is on my list, though I'll probably try to make it to Old Trafford as well.

I'm managing a third division side in Sweden now (Västra Frölunda IF). Any Chance you could add some images? I've never created a file for any editing additions to the game, but I assume it would be quite difficult to add an image myself for a specific team and have the new image play nicely with the backgrounds pack you created.

Actually surprisingly easy to add them in. Have a look at the config.ini file in the backgrounds folder, the format isn't too difficult.

I struggle a bit with lower league teams abroad. Google translate helps with websites but sometimes tricky to browse for an image. If you have a decent image you want me to add let me know and if it's up to scratch (minimum resolution 1600x1200 and not blurred. Pics of the exterior and interior go on specific screens) I will add it into the pack :)

...Old Trafford is okay and worth the visit but I expected something a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...
If you pass Solihull Moors on your travels then I would love some quality ones of that...

I'm planning on a trip to Birmingham so definitely doable. May not be until next year though. Pictures look better with the sun shining. I've got a trip to Glasgow coming up in December. Hopefully the weather will be okay and I'll whip round as many grounds as I can manage.

If you pass Solihull Moors on your travels then I would love some quality ones of that...

I've just had a quick look and there's actually a decent picture of Solihull in the pack but the code in the config file is wrong. If you want to add it then open the config.ini file in the backgrounds folder in notepad. Search for Solihull and change the code for the club and team which for some reason is 30008 to the correct code which is 30010181. I'll update for the next release anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
i'm a real newby to all this, how do i get the images and that?

also is it possible to set the default to inside the grounds? i managed to get something on an version that set the default to outside the ground which to be honest wasn't always exciting. sometimes, but not always

If you download the pack from the link on the front page and extract in a folder called graphics which you may need to create in the 'Football Manager 2016' folder in the SI folder in your documents. There are zip files in the pack which contain different config files that use the images differently. One of them used the pic from inside the ground as default.

Just a quick update. I got to a few more grounds to get pictures before the weather turned bad so the next version will include these. I had a trip up to the north east and went around 9-10 grounds. This includes pics of Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland which are some of my favourites in the pack right now.

I have put quite a bit of work into some of the larger European Leagues including full updates to Germany and Italy. I have a trip to Scotland in a couple of weeks so will be getting to as many grounds as I can while I'm there. I will use this as a prelude to a full overhaul of the Scottish pictures as they haven't had a lot of effort from me over the past few years.

can some kind soul tell me how to add a stadium background pic to the game please?

im still playing 15 and would like a new velodrome marseille stad pic, i fancy trying to add it myself but have no fkn idea wot to do....

do i delete the old one first? can you have more than 1 photo of a stadium in game? or will the game just show the same pic all the time if you add more than one?

keep it simple lads as this is a step into the unknown for me... lol. and im fkn brutal with computers haha.

cheers

can some kind soul tell me how to add a stadium background pic to the game please?

im still playing 15 and would like a new velodrome marseille stad pic, i fancy trying to add it myself but have no fkn idea wot to do....

do i delete the old one first? can you have more than 1 photo of a stadium in game? or will the game just show the same pic all the time if you add more than one?

keep it simple lads as this is a step into the unknown for me... lol. and im fkn brutal with computers haha.

cheers

Simplest way would to just save the new pic over the old one, clear cache and reload.

don't even know how to do that mate,

like i said, im a total newbie to this stuff lol.

what is the latest/best background pack out there? i seen one that was about 10g? that would take forever to d.load would it not?

try over on fmscout. to save a new pic find the file name over the one you want to over save in the folder, save a new picture under that name and move the original elsewhere.

try over on fmscout. to save a new pic find the file name over the one you want to over save in the folder, save a new picture under that name and move the original elsewhere.

will do mate, thanks.

like i said, total new to this side of things but want to learn as much as i can.

as it stands i don't even know what type of file you save the pics is? im guessing jpeg of png?

or what size etc etc?

i know its prob gonna annoy a few folk on here with the questions, but we were all new to this at one stage, please stick with me...lol

will do mate, thanks.

like i said, total new to this side of things but want to learn as much as i can.

as it stands i don't even know what type of file you save the pics is? im guessing jpeg of png?

or what size etc etc?

i know its prob gonna annoy a few folk on here with the questions, but we were all new to this at one stage, please stick with me...lol

just have a look at the size and type of the pic you are replacing copy that.- always .png size varies.

as for conflicts, the comp will usually just pick one and ignore the other if you have a pic for both. for file space i would remove the old (if its just an updated pack).

thanks,

so are all stad pics in fm not a standard size then?

and what about a config so they show up in game?

Are you jsut adding to this pack if so just overwrite the pic, the config wont change.

making you own get a program called fmxml.

Archived