[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where do you put the config file for the Interior stadium image on Club and Squad screen. Exterior image on info page. I have tried in the graphics folder in backgrounds but nothing just a black grey screen help

please ?

thanks....

Hi, Stadium backgrounds still don't appear during the game to my knowledge. This would be down to the skin maker, the background pack loads the images into the games memory. Where they are displayed is then down to the skin.

I think I made a mess of the alternative config files which is why they don't work. I was working on the spreadsheet and made some changes... I need to fix them. I'll try to get it fixed tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

hi andrew, love what you did for the stadium background on FM. i really hope you can do the same for the stadium background of the malaysian super league coz we are in desperate need for awesome stadium background here in malaysia. anyways congratulation on your work in FM. Cheers.......

hi andrew, love what you did for the stadium background on FM. i really hope you can do the same for the stadium background of the malaysian super league coz we are in desperate need for awesome stadium background here in malaysia. anyways congratulation on your work in FM. Cheers.......

I will certainly give it a crack :)

It might not be straightforward as I am often reliant on googling which can be trickier where the language structure is removed from English. Some nations can surprise though, for instance I found the South American leagues much easier than I expected even in the smaller nations.

That will be awesome. thank you. if you need any assistance on the pictures of the stadiums in Malaysian Super League or information about the clubs or even information on on the players, don't hesitate to contact me. cause i will be glad to help you out with the pictures and the information that you need. in fact, if you want me to translate the info that is written in Malay in the net, just tell me bout it. i'll help ya out man.

That will be awesome. thank you. if you need any assistance on the pictures of the stadiums in Malaysian Super League or information about the clubs or even information on on the players, don't hesitate to contact me. cause i will be glad to help you out with the pictures and the information that you need. in fact, if you want me to translate the info that is written in Malay in the net, just tell me bout it. i'll help ya out man.

Cool, I'll have a look and give you a shout.

now i see that for club ''Cibalia'' u have for team picture one picture that i personally take with my old cellphone :D but it is probably 6 or more years old...

we now have new seats

Ha, I was really struggling for images of Croatian clubs. Was your picture on Panoramio? It's where I get a lot of non-English pics from as I can get them from geolocation.

Hope you don't mind me appropriating the image?

i didnt put it on panoramio...maybe someone else find it on internet and put it there (cuz i uploaded a lot of good quality pics of our stadium)

ofcourse i don't mind...those pictures was taken so that a lot other people can see those :)

if you want i can upload you also much better quality pictures for croatian stadiums ;)

i didnt put it on panoramio...maybe someone else find it on internet and put it there (cuz i uploaded a lot of good quality pics of our stadium)

ofcourse i don't mind...those pictures was taken so that a lot other people can see those :)

if you want i can upload you also much better quality pictures for croatian stadiums ;)

That would be awesome. As I say I really struggled with Croatia.

Two questions:

Does this work on FM2015?

Where can I grab those competition/honours logos from? I'm using Metallic and wouldn't mind replacing their cup logos for the ones you're using?

Yeah, works with 2015.

The logos are the metallic logos megapack I think it's called. I seem to remember it is available in this forum. If not it will be on sortitoutsi.net (I only really go on these two sites).

Does anyone know how to the the image to appear behind the text?

I can get the pics into the facilities panel in the club overview screen but it just lands on top of the text info 'stadium name etc'

not sure if i amended the club overview info of the facilities panel info?

Can someone do me a massive favour, and show me the picture used for Hailsham Town? (England, Non League). I am a fan, I'm also the Social Media officer for the club, and I'm interested in seeing what it is. Ta :)

No picture at this moment. I am currently working on getting images down to level 10 of the pyramid. Still quite a lot to do at the moment.

I've just had a quick scan on google and couldn't see a decent picture I liked. If you have one in a good resolution from outside the ground I would be delighted to add it to the pack.

I really like doing the non-league grounds. I've taken quite a few pictures myself of non-league grounds. When I travel somewhere I like to swing by a few grounds on the way and get pictures, particularily of the less well known teams. I'm based in Yorkshire so might be a while till a trip to Sussex takes me past Hailsham.

so for fm 15 download the 1.4 version file add just extract that to my graphics folder?Really struggling with backgrounds this year for some reason.

That is exactly right. The graphics then load into memory when the game boots up. Are you seeing the club background pictures? What version of the game are you playing, FMC or full?

How the images load is down to the skin itself. I'm not sure how to get the mini pics on the club profile screen. The default skin may not support this.

No picture at this moment. I am currently working on getting images down to level 10 of the pyramid. Still quite a lot to do at the moment.

I've just had a quick scan on google and couldn't see a decent picture I liked. If you have one in a good resolution from outside the ground I would be delighted to add it to the pack.

I really like doing the non-league grounds. I've taken quite a few pictures myself of non-league grounds. When I travel somewhere I like to swing by a few grounds on the way and get pictures, particularily of the less well known teams. I'm based in Yorkshire so might be a while till a trip to Sussex takes me past Hailsham.

Cheers. TBH there isnt a lot to see from outside, just trees and floodlights! - I took this one myself at a Reserve game last season, you are welcome to use it if you wish;

http://i.imgur.com/OcuI7ux.jpg

Cheers. TBH there isnt a lot to see from outside, just trees and floodlights! - I took this one myself at a Reserve game last season, you are welcome to use it if you wish;

http://i.imgur.com/OcuI7ux.jpg

I find trees quite soothing as a background. The sort of pictures I like usually have the ground itself as part of the background while the foreground has other things going on.

Cheers for the picture, it's a little low res but I'll use it for the smaller interior image.

Love it if these work on match days. But one huge problem is I am always Barnet. And for some reason Underhill is still the stadium background on this download? Barnet have been at the hive for nearly 2 seasons now.

Noted, I've updated the Barnet images for the next update. I try to keep an eye on stadium moves but sometimes they get missed.

I'm not sure about matchdays, I think it is down to the skin whether they are displayed. The background pack just loads images into memory, it is down to the skin creator to decide which screens show where. My skin knowledge is pretty much zero.

Noted, I've updated the Barnet images for the next update. I try to keep an eye on stadium moves but sometimes they get missed.

I'm not sure about match days, I think it is down to the skin whether they are displayed. The background pack just loads images into memory, it is down to the skin creator to decide which screens show where. My skin knowledge is pretty much zero.

Yeah just downloaded them and they dont work on match days for any of the 3 skins I have :( Why are match day backgrounds not in the game anymore?

Yeah just downloaded them and they dont work on match days for any of the 3 skins I have :( Why are match day backgrounds not in the game anymore?

I know what you mean. I really liked matchday backgrounds. I usually play in the lower leagues and it's nice as you progress to see the stadiums you are playing at going from just fields to massive super stadiums. I think that they have been outmoded by changes to the match engine though.

Hi there,

Just a quick query. On the opening post there is a Config file you can download so the interior of the stadium appears on the club and squad screen. Where do you put this? I have put it in the '/pictures' folder, replacing the existing Config.xml file, but that makes no background pictures appear at all. Just wondering if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks

Hi there,

Just a quick query. On the opening post there is a Config file you can download so the interior of the stadium appears on the club and squad screen. Where do you put this? I have put it in the '/pictures' folder, replacing the existing Config.xml file, but that makes no background pictures appear at all. Just wondering if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks

I think I made a mistake when re-writing the code to generate the xml file. I stlll need to sort this out. This one should work https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4e3d1q4bi25uqs/config%201.3%20-%20reversing%20team%20and%20stadium%20pics.zip?dl=0 but you will be missing the stadiums added in patch 1.4 (a few eastern european leagues). I'll get it fixed for 1.5.

having trouble with background pics this year! on a mac, does this file go in my graphics folder under documents, or the graphics folder inside the folder of the skin I'm using? thanks in advance

I presume the graphics folder under FM2015 in documents. This is how it works with the PC version. Not so sure with Mac, it might be better posting in the main skinning forum.

Hi if I could be so cheeky as to add a request, it would be nice for a picture for Maidstone United in a future pack. They'll likely be up into the Conference South next season.

Absolutely no objections to requests. I'm actually working on level 7 so Maidstone would have been done either way, I've just gone and done them now so when I next get out an update this will be included.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I've done all sides in England down to level 8 now. I'm about halfway going through every English picture and replacing any I'm not happy with. I tend to replace about one picture in three so it is a fairly major undertaking.

I want to get the review complete and as many level 9 clubs as possible added and I'll release an update.

Archived